PDA

View Full Version : PF Monk-Samurai Feat suggestions

Gemini Lupus
2012-08-04, 03:32 PM
So I'm playing a Monk in an upcoming Pathfinder game with a group of my friends and I would like some suggestions on some feats to take. I'm thinking on taking the Weapon Adept Archetype. My GM has approved the Katana as a Monk Special Weapon, so I'm basing my character largely on Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin.

Before someone tells me to take Swordsage instead, that Monk is a sub-par choice, blah blah blah, it is a Pathfinder-only game and I have VERY good starting stats: Str 17 Dex 20 Con 16 Int 15 Wis 18 Cha 15.

So fellow playgrounders, what feats do you recommend for my character, based on Kenshin?

The Redwolf
2012-08-04, 04:46 PM
I've actually been thinking about building a Kenshin character myself, and my suggestion would be to take the actual samurai class and use the sword saint archetype, it's in one of the short expansion books but you can find it on the d20pfsrd and I like it quite a bit. As for feats, my build is using stuff like mobility, combat reflexes, combat expertise, wind/lightning stance, stuff like that, combined with high dex because that's the whole point of him is that he's crazy fast. Also, make the katana enchanted as merciful as soon as you can, from the start would be best honestly.

Blyte
2012-08-04, 06:01 PM
super fast monk-samurai who uses a non-monk weapon?

Sohei

another decent speedster choice would be re-skinning the inquisitor.