PDA

View Full Version : [PTA] Pokemon Tabletop Adventure, The Shards of Arceus IC

D_Man_7733
2012-08-04, 05:36 PM
The school is almost eerily quiet, you can't hear students talking or hurrying to their first classes, this may have been the first time in years that you have had this quiet besides at night. Before the silence can get to you though, the morning bell rings through the air.

The events of yesterdays graduation still fresh in your mind, your old room lay almost bare, only the necessities still in your room, ready for the next student to come.

One of your old teachers challenged you to an exhibition match today to celebrate your graduation, though you aren't sure which one exactly, you were told this by the principle/Dean, so you're pretty sure it is a tradition.

The battle begins at 9:00 and it is currently 7:30, givin you more than enough time to get across campus to the field, or do anything else.

planswalker
2012-08-04, 05:47 PM
Donavon turns to his buddy Razel and says, "Do you think she'll be there at the match?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-04, 07:05 PM
Leena slings her camera over her neck and exits her room. As she was walking to the field where the matches were being held, she wondered who she'd be facing. The pokemon biology teacher, who always argued with her? The theology teacher who she had written that article on, calling him a member of the 'Cult of Arceus'? Or maybe the teacher in charge of the art club? He did always try to get Leena to consider joining the photography club, but she prefered her photos in the paper than on a wall of some gallery. Who had time for art when there was research to be done?

Camera in one hand and Fox's pokeball in the other, she goes to find out what was going on.

WarGruntw
2012-08-04, 08:25 PM
Razel is laying down under a tree, feeling the morning breeze floating gently blowing across him. "Probably, if she was in the same class as us. I heard some rumors that the art teacher had a thing for her or something. He would always try to talk to her, but she would brush him off." Razel tells Stone, recounting the gossip he heard from the kitchen staff.

planswalker
2012-08-04, 08:28 PM
"I know, right. She just so... so... " He spreads his hands to encompass everything while a blush creeps up his cheeks. "Isn't she?"

After the inevitable awkward pause, he says, "Anyways, what you wanna do until the match? I think the prof might come by to watch. If so, I'm gonna ask him if he has any last-minute advice for what kind of pokemon I could be facing."

WarGruntw
2012-08-04, 08:35 PM
Razel looks up in the leaves of the tree and lets out a small sigh, before telling Stone "Well, I would love to go to sleep again, really. But if I do that under this tree, I might miss the match. And do you think I would miss the chance to see you be embarrassed in front of your entire class?" Razel tells Stone with a small, sly grin on his face. Razel sits up and stretches, letting out a small yawn, before saying I am joking. But lets head over to the battle area. I feel like cooking something spicy for breakfast, you know, to set the mood for the battle."

planswalker
2012-08-04, 08:47 PM
At the mention of Razz cooking, Donavon says, "You- cook- YES!

C'mon, we should have just enough time for you to cook and we eat it before we have to get down there!"

WarGruntw
2012-08-04, 08:53 PM
Razel nods and gets up off the ground, takes a few seconds to dust the grass off of himself, and heads towards the battle area in a quickened, but awkward stride. "Still not use to walking on land so much. But I must not disappoint my fans." Razel thinks as he feels the ingredients in his backpack, having bought the best he could find in the market the day before.

D_Man_7733
2012-08-04, 09:07 PM
(You're all at opposite sides of the school at the moment btw, Leena is slightly closer to the northern side of the arena. Razel and Donavon are on the southern side.)

Leena:
As you walk towards the battle field, you pass the breeding centre where you see the Head Breeder carrying four packages and managing quite easily with two on his makeshift backpack, and the other two being held carefully in his hands. He is young and only slightly taller than average, but the small yellow pokemon sitting that sits on his shoulder makes him seem taller than he his.

A young student who couldn't be over 10, comes up to you holding a newspaper "good luck in the battle" and with a large grin on his face he runs off. And it isn't until he leaves that you realise that you didn't know that a paper was coming out today.

The arena shortly comes into view, and you see the head breeder enter through the back entrance.

Razel:
As you walk to the arena you pass the kitchen, the smells asaile your nostrils, from being in the kitchen so long you can smell cakes and other celebration food.

Someone does pop out the window and shouts "GOOD LUCK!" before closing up the window quickly and you hear the familiar sound of the head chef's frying pan on fresh skin.

Eventually the arena comes into view, you can see a group of people crouding around the main entrance already.

Donavon:
As you walk to the arena you pass the kitchen, the smells asaile your nostrils, you can tell dessert's when you smell them.

Someone also pops out the window and shouts "GOOD LUCK!" before closing up the window quickly and you hear a strange sound coming from inside.

Eventually the arena comes into view, you can see a group of people crouding around the main entrance already.

Time: about 8:00am

planswalker
2012-08-04, 09:11 PM
"Give a holler when you've got breakfast ready! I'm gonna see if the prof is in for this."

Donavon will head off to see if Professor Oak is here to see the exhibition matches. After the many summers spent at Oak Island helping the good professor out and investigating all the different pokemon at the island, he looks up to the man as a mentor. Perhaps he'll have some last-minute advice.

WarGruntw
2012-08-04, 09:34 PM
Razel nods as he heads into the kitchen. Walking up to the head chef, Razel holds up his backpack and unzips part of it, showing the ingredients inside. He had spent plenty of his time in the kitchen before, and knowing the answer to his un-asked question, heads over to a unused stove and turns a burner on. He then reaches under the stove and pulls out a frying pan, placing it on a unheated burner before taking a can of cooking spray and spraying the pan with it. Razel reaches inside of his backpack and takes out a few eggs, breaking them on the edge of the pan and letting the yolk fall in the middle of the pan, before placing the pan on the active burner. Razel then takes out some bell peppers, onions, potatoes and a few bottles of seasoning. He lets the yolk cook while he dices up the onions and bell peppers, before cutting the potatoes into small cubes and then dumps all of it in the yolk, which had started to turn a bright yellow color by then. Razel adds a small amount of seasoning on the omelet before folding it in half and covering the entire thing in cheese. Turning the oven off, Razel stuffs the omelet into a lunch box and puts the pan in the sink before nodding his thanks to the head chief and heads out towards the arena to find Stone.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-04, 10:27 PM
Leena flicks through the paper as she walks, seeing what they'd put out with her now gone. Not that they ever took her seriously, of course. The only reason they let her have a column was by making a deal with her to be a photographer.

She stops her reading briefly to spy on what the breeder was doing, and to see what pokemon he had with him.

Walking Encyclopedia tells me what it is at a glance

D_Man_7733
2012-08-04, 10:33 PM
@Leena,
the Paper is a special edition, that doesn't have the normal layout, and it is all about the exhibition match. It seems they took some of your previous pictures of you and three others, Razel, Donavon, and Isaac along with their images.

You can tell that the pokemon is a pichu.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-04, 10:48 PM
Huh, Pichu? The first irregularity that proves the national pokedex is a lie. As if no one noticed Pikachu was an evolved mon for all that time, absurd!

Leena follows the man in the back entrance and looks for a seat, scanning the article, trying to see if it said why her and these other 3. She still had no idea why she had to battle today. Probably some conspiracy by the faculty to waste her spare time to hamper her research.

D_Man_7733
2012-08-05, 01:54 AM
A bell rings out again, this time, it is the battle bell that you all recognise to be when a big battle is going down. You would all either watch it from the TV's in the class-rooms or go there, depending on who was battling and what class you were in.

Leena,

As you follow him inm you notice he turns off to the "No admittance" section of the arena. It is the first time you've come in through the back door but you have no problem making your way in and finding a seat, the closest is the contestant seating area.

In the paper it talks about how you four above all others were chosen for an exhibition match against your teachers, It is commented on by your teachers as well.

Yours say:
Jason Darney GET FIRED! (your Art Treacher): "Good vision, wasting potential on the newspaper" It seems some last minute editing was done on this one with a red pen.

Orion Hera (Pokemon Biology Teacher): "Interesting girl, not too good with pokemon from other reigons though"

Acre Forthright (Theology teacher): "YOU READING THIS YOU SACK OF ****, HOPE YOU MUK UP TODAY call me a member of the Cult of Arceus, DIE A HORRIBLE ****!" Apparently last this one was a last minute edit as well, by the guys in the printer room.

Donavon
You can't seem to find Oak anywhere, he usually comes to these sorts of thing, the croud at the arena begins to enter the arena and you notice a man covered head to toe and wearing a mask enter the arena as well. Everyone has a copy of he school paper as well, but this isn't a usual school paper day.

Razel
The head chef says goodbye, and wishes you good luck in the battle, along with all the other people cooking at the moment, there is cake and brownies, but you smell something more coming from the head chef oven at the back, the smell is almost overwelming. when you get outside you notice that the croud that was out front of the arena has dispersed and is going in right now.

Time: 8:30

planswalker
2012-08-05, 02:26 AM
A bell rings out again, this time, it is the battle bell that you all recognise to be when a big battle is going down. You would all either watch it from the TV's in the class-rooms or go there, depending on who was battling and what class you were in.

Leena,

As you follow him inm you notice he turns off to the "No admittance" section of the arena. It is the first time you've come in through the back door but you have no problem making your way in and finding a seat, the closest is the contestant seating area.

In the paper it talks about how you four above all others were chosen for an exhibition match against your teachers, It is commented on by your teachers as well.

Yours say:
Jason Darney GET FIRED! (your Art Treacher): "Good vision, wasting potential on the newspaper" It seems some last minute editing was done on this one with a red pen.

Orion Hera (Pokemon Biology Teacher): "Interesting girl, not too good with pokemon from other reigons though"

Acre Forthright (Theology teacher): "YOU READING THIS YOU SACK OF ****, HOPE YOU MUK UP TODAY call me a member of the Cult of Arceus, DIE A HORRIBLE ****!" Apparently last this one was a last minute edit as well, by the guys in the printer room.

Donavon
You can't seem to find Oak anywhere, he usually comes to these sorts of thing, the croud at the arena begins to enter the arena and you notice a man covered head to toe and wearing a mask enter the arena as well. Everyone has a copy of he school paper as well, but this isn't a usual school paper day.

Razel
The head chef says goodbye, and wishes you good luck in the battle, along with all the other people cooking at the moment, there is cake and brownies, but you smell something more coming from the head chef oven at the back, the smell is almost overwelming. when you get outside you notice that the croud that was out front of the arena has dispersed and is going in right now.

Time: 8:30

Donavon will walk over to any student he recognizes and asks, "What's up with the paper today? Doesn't normally come out 'till later this week."

D_Man_7733
2012-08-05, 02:41 AM
Donavon will walk over to any student he recognizes and asks, "What's up with the paper today? Doesn't normally come out 'till later this week."

He looks up to you and shakes your hand, you recognise him to be a year younger than you (his name is Philip) "Good luck in the battle Don, the paper is a special edition all about the exhibition match today" He shows you the paper with a picture of your face on it, you notice your teachers names are down the bottom with a quote but philip take the paper away too quick for you to read, and rushes into the arena giving you a thumbs up on the way.

There is a box full of papers at the entrance to the arena if you want to know more.

planswalker
2012-08-05, 02:52 AM
Donavon will take a paper and leaf through it, trying to learn more about this match that he suspects everyone else now knows more about than he does.

D_Man_7733
2012-08-05, 05:04 AM
Donavon,
in the paper, you see mostly information on the four battlers, one of them being Leena, each of you are accompanied by a photo and a few quotes from your teachers, as well as a quick biography of how you did in school.

You notice that in the senior section of the paper, they used the classic innuendo that meant that betting was open for the battle, current odds 10:1 against you guys. (You would have learnt the innuendo when you started senior classes)

Other than that, it is about times and the paper making guesses about who will be battling against who. (no certain answers, each collumn gives a different person)

Wordplay
2012-08-05, 05:28 AM
<Yawn>

Isaac rolls over in bed, stirring slightly. Then he jerks awake.

What time is it...ARGH! I overslept! Why didn't my alarm clock go off!

Isaac pulls himself out of bed and quickly pulls on some clothes. Then he quickly combs his sandy hair, and grabs his backpack.

Thank goodness I thought to pack it last night.

Just before Isaac heads out, he double checks the contents of his bag.

Four, five, and one friend ball. Good, all here.

Now that he's just about caught up with himself, Isaac heads down to the canteen to grab a quick breakfast.

Wordplay
2012-08-05, 05:56 AM
'Oh no, almost forgot'.

Isaac reaches to his belt and feels for the lone Pokeball there. Feeling the ridge of the button, he opens in.

'Cynda!'

'Hey Tinder! Good morning to you too'. Isaac picks the little fawn and black mon up and puts her gently on his shoulder. Her little claws dig in slightly, and she peers about happily.

'We're just going to get some breakfast. We've got a little time until the bout, so I'll try and squeeze in a quick warm-up too'.

Isaac looks for the school newspaper on the way to the canteen. Then looks at the food on offer in the canteen.

WarGruntw
2012-08-05, 08:50 AM
Razel walks in the arena, looking for Stone. They had just enough time to eat the omelet he had made, and if he could not find Stone soon, he would go ahead and start eating it.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-05, 09:22 AM
Leena was shocked. Not at the casual death threat form the Arcean cultist, that was expected from those religious nut-jobs. More at the decline in quality of the school paper. And still no mention of what this is all about. Leena pushed her glasses up and looked like she was lost in thought. Something was going on, she could sense it. And the only way to find out was to wait and see, and play along.

planswalker
2012-08-05, 02:17 PM
Donavon,
in the paper, you see mostly information on the four battlers, one of them being Leena, each of you are accompanied by a photo and a few quotes from your teachers, as well as a quick biography of how you did in school.

You notice that in the senior section of the paper, they used the classic innuendo that meant that betting was open for the battle, current odds 10:1 against you guys. (You would have learnt the innuendo when you started senior classes)

Other than that, it is about times and the paper making guesses about who will be battling against who. (no certain answers, each collumn gives a different person)

Donavon starts looking for Razel, suspecting the food is done. While looking, he scans the paper for all the information on Leena that he can.

WarGruntw
2012-08-05, 06:45 PM
Razel enters the arena, going through the now less crowded entrance, before looking down the hall to see if Stone was there.

D_Man_7733
2012-08-05, 06:47 PM
Razel,
You can see Donavon standing by the paper stand closer to the arena

Donavon,
Under Leena's name you notice profanities from her theology teacher, it also explaiens that she had good grades in most classes, but were not terrific.
It also has multiple people giving an opinion on how she will do in the battle, most people think it will be a tie, the rest think she will win. You notice Razel leaving the kitchen.

Isaac,
The canteen is serving pancakes for breakfast this morning, along with some pokemon food of all types.

when reading the paper, you notice that it is a special edition that is all about the exhibition match today, along with photo's from each of the competitors (that is you, leena, razel, and Donavon) along with quotes from your teachers.

In the canteen a few people wish you and Tinder good luck in the up-coming battle.

Leena,
you notice your art teacher come and sit down beside you.

"I see you got a copy of the paper" he lets out a brief sigh as he briefly scrolls down to his name "Good luck in the fight today, and don't feel nervous, it's mostly just a test to see what kind of trainers the school is turning out."

You also notice the arena is starting to fill with the students who haven't gone on holidays yet.

(are you looking in at the battling area? or are you sitting in the "locker-room" type area?)

WarGruntw
2012-08-05, 06:52 PM
Razel runs into Stone, who seemed to be looking for Razel. "I got the food." Razel tells him as he holds up the lunch box, a delicious aroma drifting from it. "Lets go find some seats and eat this, shall we? I wonder where the others are at, the match is about to start and all." Razel says, making small talk as he starts to head off in the direction of some nearby seats.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-05, 08:08 PM
'Honestly, I'm more annoyed than curious. You'd think we'd be at least allowed to know who we are fighting. Highly irregular. Either way, I hope I'm able to snap a few good shots today. Though, now I'm no longer working for the paper, I may take your advice and sell a few of my photos. I'll need money to finance my work in the future.' That should please him. Art teachers like their pupils succeeding, right?

'Truthfully, I'd hoped it would be the Theology professor, Dr Forthright. I'd love to show him up. But based on the article, I doubt it's him.' She cocked her glasses at Mr Darney. 'You wouldn't feel like giving me a hint now, would you?'

Charisma check to get him to spill some beans
[roll0]

planswalker
2012-08-05, 08:31 PM
Razel runs into Stone, who seemed to be looking for Razel. "I got the food." Razel tells him as he holds up the lunch box, a delicious aroma drifting from it. "Lets go find some seats and eat this, shall we? I wonder where the others are at, the match is about to start and all." Razel says, making small talk as he starts to head off in the direction of some nearby seats.

"Thanks, man." Donavon says, scarfing down his omlette while reading more in the paper. "Looks like we're in the papers today. Wanna read what they have to say about us?" Assuming Razel answers in the affirmative, Donavon will read the column about himself and his buddy out loud.

Wordplay
2012-08-06, 04:22 AM
'Aww, man pancakes again? You'd think these guys had never heard of vegetables'.

Nevertheless, Isaac takes a good sized serving - needs energy for the day - and sprinkles some lemon juice on it.

'Now let me see, we decided yesterday that you liked the dry food best, didn't we?'

The little Cyndaquil hides its head in Isaac's shoulder and squeaks it's assent.

'Hey, no need to be shy'.

Isaac serves Tinder with some dry flakes and starts wolfing down his pancakes, one eye on his watch.

'Look Tinder - I hope we win today, but if we lose - don't worry. This is just the start of our journey. I haven't been able to train you much yet, but once I've had a chance we can take on anyone. Just stay calm and do your best. I'll be here for you no matter what'.

Isaac smiles.

'And remember that trick we practised. Let's give the crowd a good show'.

Isaac returns to eating his breakfast and reads the section in the paper on the competition, looking at what they've said about him.

Wordplay
2012-08-13, 11:44 AM
Edit: Glitch.

Wordplay
2012-08-13, 05:37 PM
As he munched quickly through his breakfast, his little 'mon seated on the table beside him, Isaac waved back at some of the people who were wishing him luck.

'Thanks, should be good. I've got a beauty of a 'mon'.

Tinder looks a little embarrassed by the attention, and hides her head under the table.

Isaac thinks back to when he met the little creature a few days ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back before the graduation ceremony they had had the awarding of the starter pokemon.

I wonder what it'll be

They'd all filled in a form a few weeks ago, personality questions, career aspirations, preferred 'mon. Those who'd focused on breeding or co-ordination often already had their starter - one that they had bonded with in class, or hatched out themselves for a class project.

The rest were allotted one by the faculty.

'With my luck, it could be anything. Hope it's something good like a Rattata. Hmm...most people consider it a worthless mon, so maybe...'

Isaac recognised a professor who taught co-ordination. Prim and severe, with her brown hair in a tight bun.

'Step forward please, Mr Hill'

The professor had taken Isaac into a room where a helper had set out three pokeballs.

'You may choose any of these three, but based on your preferences, we recommend the centre ball'.

'Funny, no-one ever mentioned this'.

Isaac pushed the button on the centre ball, and a little black ball coalesced.

'Hmm...not sure I've seen this one before.'

Then Isaac saw the flash of a little snout pointing out.

'Oh, wait, I know it now'.

Another fire-type huh? Well at least I have the experience. It'll make bugs easier to catch...and one of the classic Johtan starters to boot.

'Inside the other balls you will find the other two traditional Johtan starters. Amongst other things, your test came back showing a fondness for tradition, and identifying particularly strongly with Johtan pokemon'

'Hmm...well I have always wanted a Totodile, but I think...

Isaac approaches the little mon. It cautiously peeked out, and sniffed his hand, then licked it with a tiny tongue.

'Hi little one. Ready to set the world ablaze?'

The little mon nodded, shyly, then buried it's snout again.

'Little bashful, aren't you. I've made my decision. If you're willing, come with me!'

D_Man_7733
2012-08-17, 01:47 AM
(Damn wrote big-post then internet decided to screw up, attempt no. 2)

Leena
Your art teacher sighs, and looks forward thoughtfully a moment before turning back to you. "You're a smart girl, and it wasn't supposed to be him, so be careful, not even we know exactly what he is capable of"

Isaac
In the paper you find that there are a few quotes from your teachers below your picture and name, as well as a short description of how your grades were in school, no actual grades, just "good" or "lots of effort" type things.

your teacher's said:

Damian Moran (Basic Pokemon Husbandry): "Good with the young ones, and overall a good trainer"

Jenna Corn (Wilderness Survival): "Good at transferring the survivalistic instinct into battle"

Horace Dart (Advanced Pokedex Administration): "A bit quick tempered, but usually prepared"

Razel & Donavon:

Razel's Teachers:

Damian Moran (Pokemon Breeding/Care): "Wonder to teach, his view on pokemon breeding was something to behold."

Chef Lemau (cooking): "Makes a mean meal and that tinder he has certainly helps things along"

Donavon's teachers:

Goren Naru (mythology): "Great student, over-the top but brillient mind"

Drake Man (Shop): "Great creater, it almost seems natural"

Damian Moran (Breeder): "Wasn't too entheusiastic, I don't think breeding was really for him."

(that should be everything)

planswalker
2012-08-17, 02:02 AM
"Wow, I'm surprised the basic breeding teacher even remembered that I existed. Wonder what I did that made an impression. Of course, it's probably just that I'm your bud and YOUR breeding teachers all loved you."

Wordplay
2012-08-17, 10:14 AM
'Huh, look Tinder, we're famous! Sort of.'

'Hmm...not bad, but except for Professor Corn, I don't feel like they really know me yet. No matter, they'll find out soon'.

Isaac smiles.

'Anyone would be 'quick tempered' if they had to take Advanced Pokedex Admin, because battle strategy was full'.

'Who else will be there, oh, hey, Razel's fighting today'.

Isaac looks at Tinder.

'We took Pokemon care classes together. Good trainer, compassionate-really cares for Pokemon. I think he ended up with a steel type'.

Isaac smiles ruefully at Tinder.

'Would have been the thing if we'd learnt our fire attacks, eh? Still, we've got our 'secret technique''

'Hmm...some other guy I don't know, oh, and the girl who writes that spoof column in the newspaper! Weird, I'd always assumed it was a pseudonym. It's pretty brave writing that under your own name. You've got to admire that commitment to comedy'.

Issac's worked his way through the pancakes, and Tinder's finished with the flakes, so Isaac heads off to the Arena, with the little Cyndaquil on his shoulder.

When Isaac gets there, he looks around at the entrance, to see if he can spot Razel.

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-17, 10:32 AM
An glint appears in her eyes. 'And neither does he know what I am capable of. I'm not some silly little boy, out to prove my balls are better than everyone elses. I'm a girl with a mission. I don't plan on letting him stop me.'

D_Man_7733
2012-08-22, 05:08 PM
Leena,
Jason lets out a bit of a laugh before continuing "That is what it seems to be to most people... good luck to you, remember, I'll be cheering you on, and so will many other people." He gets up and begins to walk away before turning back to you "Oh yeah, and your battle is on the south-western court" and he continues to join in with the rest of the croud as they all take their seats in the arena.

Isaac,
You do spot Razel, and he is talking to Donavon outside the arena entrance, most people are still shuffling into the arena.

Wordplay
2012-08-22, 06:19 PM
'Hey, Razel! Good to see you! Who's your friend'.

Isaac looks at Donovan, and stretches out a hand.

'Isaac Hill, of Goldenrod'.

'Cynda!'

'and this little beauty is Tinder'. says Isaac as the little pokemon pokes it's head from around his shoulder.

'Feel free to scan her, if you like.'

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-22, 06:55 PM
Leena wanders off to the south-west court and awaits her match. She briefly wonders who else would be cheering her, since her ideas tended to drive most people away from her. Not that she cared much, after all, weren't all geniouses supposed to be lonely? Probably just people wanting to see a teacher lose. She hoped she would not disappoint.

planswalker
2012-08-22, 09:04 PM
'Hey, Razel! Good to see you! Who's your friend'.

Isaac looks at Donovan, and stretches out a hand.

'Isaac Hill, of Goldenrod'.

'Cynda!'

'and this little beauty is Tinder'. says Isaac as the little pokemon pokes it's head from around his shoulder.

'Feel free to scan her, if you like.'

"Name's Stone. Donavon Stone. I take it you know Razz here from class?"

He scans the cyndaquill and releases his own piplup. "I'm sure Octavian here won't mind returning the favor."

Wordplay
2012-08-23, 07:41 AM
'Wow, thanks!'

Isaac fumbles awkwardly in his backpack, and fetches out his pokedex, then turns it the right way up.

'Sorry, still getting used to having it'.

Isaac scans Octavius.

'Yeah, Razza and were in the same Pokemon Care and Husbandry class.'

Isaac kneels down to look at the little Piplup.

'Your mon's adorable! Boy or a girl? They're one of the Sinnoh starters, aren't they? Are you from Sinnoh? Sorry - didn't mean to bombard you with questions.'

Isaac takes a breath.

'Little nervous'.

planswalker
2012-08-23, 07:46 AM
"Octavius is a boy... hence the masculine name. I guess piplup are common starters in the Sinnoh region. I got mine off a breeder who was passing through not too long ago. Real nice fellow. I'm an Islands native, born and raised."

Wordplay
2012-08-23, 09:07 AM
'Wait a minute, Donovan Stone?'

Isaac flips out the folded newspaper and checks it.

'Hey, you're fighting today too. Good luck.'

Isaac looks around.

'So I guess that we're just waiting for that girl from the paper - do either of you know what she looks like? I've never met her before, but I love her column'

planswalker
2012-08-23, 09:50 AM
'Wait a minute, Donovan Stone?'

Isaac flips out the folded newspaper and checks it.

'Hey, you're fighting today too. Good luck.'

Isaac looks around.

'So I guess that we're just waiting for that girl from the paper - do either of you know what she looks like? I've never met her before, but I love her column'

"Um..." for some reason, this question completely flusters Donavon. His face turns bright red.

Wordplay
2012-08-24, 06:16 PM
Hmm...seems I've touched a nerve. Perhaps he doesn't see the funny side of her columns.

'Erm...anyway...perhaps we should get in there - find out who we're battling. Perhaps she'll be in there already.'

Hopefully that will cover any awkwardness.

Isaac and Tinder head into the stadium.

planswalker
2012-08-25, 11:37 AM
Donavon quickly follows, Octavian waddling behind.

D_Man_7733
2012-08-27, 06:32 PM
Razel, Isaac, Donavon,
As you enter the stadium you notice that most people are sitting in their seats and waiting. When you enter you are greeted by by a man in black wearing a mask, as well as Damian Moran and Chef Lamau. Each take their positions in front of you, the man in black in front of Donavon, Damian in front of Isaac, and Chef Lamau in front of Razel.

The man in black looks at Donavon "Come on, let's see how you do" there is something familiar about this voice but you can't quite place it. (wisdom roll if you want to try and figure it out)

Damian lets his Pichu off his shoulder to say hello to Tinder as he speaks with Isaac "Well then, let's have a good battle"

Chef Lamau stands in front of Razel with his wooden ladle holding a pokeball "Let's get this battle cooking, what do you say Razel"

Then they all proceed to let you into the stadium, showing you the arena, that has been split into four different battle areas and in the south-west court you notice Leena and the theology teacher.

(Donavon, south-eastern court.
Razel, North-Eastern court.
Isaac, North-West court.)

Leena,
You notice everyone being led into the arena from the north, and your theology teacher comes from the south and comes up behind you, heading towards his side of the arena. As he walks past you, you hear him whisper "you'll get what's coming to you, you twit" before taking up his position.

Everyone,
(OOC: reply to what's above first, this is once you have finished any conversations you wish to have with your teachers)
Once everyone takes their positions the voice of the principal echo's throughout the stadium from the speakers.
"Welcome, to our suprise graduation battle, where we test our newest graduates against their own teachers, is everyone ready?" The croud roars loudly in agreement "and what about the battlers?"

planswalker
2012-08-27, 06:38 PM
nah, I'll let Donavon be surprised when it turns out to be prof. Oak.

of course, saying that, even if it WAS, you're gonna do a behind-the-scenes retcon to something else.

which means it isn't gonna be prof. Oak

which means you don't have to retcon it to someone else

which means it is prof. Oak...

which means...

:tongue:

"I'm ready to get started." Donavon says, taking his place in the arena and brings out Octavius.

"Gotta say, kinda surprised not to see one of my teachers. Looks like everyone else is facing someone from class."

Donavon spares a glance to see how Leena seems to be faring.

Wordplay
2012-08-27, 07:48 PM
'Sounds good to me Professor Moran'.

Isaac scans the Pichu.

'Are items and held items allowed?'

Walking over to their designated quadrant of the arena Isaac full of excitement and apprehension. Isaac kneels next to Tinder.

'OK, Tinder, this is it - our journey starts today! Don't worry about the outcome today, just give the crowd a good show. After our training, we'll be the best'.

Tinder looks eager to win.

I knew it. I knew we were kindred spirits - we share the same dream - such a big dream that we're both almost embarrassed to admit it. We want to be the very best.

'Hold on tight to this Oran Berry'

Lvl 5 Female Cyndaquil (Fire type)
Ability: Flame Body
HP 14
Stats
HP: 3
ATCK: 6
DEF: 5
SATCK: 9
SDEF: 6
SPD: 8

Alright Tinder, let's go!

IrnBruAddict
2012-08-27, 08:15 PM
'Blah, blah blah. Let's just get this over with.' She releases a small Eevee in front of her, and a bored look appears on her face. 'While I'm not one for battling, I admit, I'll enjoy seeing your face when I defeat you.'

Fox
Hp: 26/26
Atk: 4
Def: 5
SAtk: 8
SDef: 8
speed: 7

planswalker
2012-08-27, 08:20 PM
Donavon will scan Leena's evee, it now suddenly the most fascinating pokemon he's ever met.

... "I'm sorry, what was that?" he says to the mysterious stranger.

edit:
total hp: 20/20

hp: 5
atk:3
def: 5
satk: 8
sdef: 6
spd: 8

Wordplay
2012-08-31, 04:37 PM
Alright Tinder, hit that Pichu with a tackle attack!

Accuracy Check [roll0] (Base to hit 3)
Damage [roll1] (2d8+6+ATK 6)

(Broke it down to make sure I'd got it right, since it's my first go)

And amazingly, I did get it a little bit wrong. Extra +1 if it hits, from improved attacks, because Isaac's an Ace Trainer

D_Man_7733
2012-09-11, 01:10 AM
As you all get ready and release your pokemon, so do your opponents.

Man in Black: Oddish
Chef Lamou: Charmander
Damian Moran: Pichu
Acre Forthright: Shroomish.

You all identify these pokemon from your classes with them.

The loud voice from the principal booms over again"If everybody's ready. BEGIN!" The croud roars for a while before quietening as they wait for the first move.

Order of Speed:
Charmander then ________(Wargrunt)
Tinder then Pichu
Octavius then Oddish
Fox then Shroomish.

**I will do the battles at everybody's own pace, so you don't have to wait for the other PC's to make your move**

planswalker
2012-09-11, 01:14 AM
Donavon will scan them all as he battles.

"Okay, Octavius, let's show him what we've got."

The piplup begins his salvo with a strong pound to his foe.

[roll0]
[roll1]

D_Man_7733
2012-09-11, 01:20 AM
*Round 1: Tinder vs Pichu*
As tinder slams into the Pichu, it lets out a loud squee as it rolls almost to the feet of it's trainer, and it slowly gets up, before letting out a bolt of electricity at Tinder.

[roll0] vs 2 + (paralysis on 17-20)
[roll1]

The electricity arcs through the air and hits tinder on the nose. The pichu seems to barely be able to stand up, but manages to hold its ground.
Tinder takes 12 Damage before special defence

D_Man_7733
2012-09-11, 01:41 AM
*Round 1: Octavius vs Oddish*

As the oddish is pushed backwards by the hit, he wraps the his leaves around Octavius as the man in black yells "NOW, absorb him oddy!"

[roll0] vs 2 + ev + SPDef
[roll1] Oddish Regains 1/2 damage dealt

You can see the energy drain from Octavius into Oddish's leaves. Octavius takes takes 16 Damage before SPDef.

planswalker
2012-09-11, 01:45 AM
ouch, pitting me up against a healing 'mon that is super-effective against me.

that took out 80% of my hp in one blow...

8 got through, 16 after weakness/resistance. Unless it has 1 def, it just healed up all the damage I deal to it...

You did expect me to LOSE this unfair fight, right?

Barely standing, Octavius will pound it again, seeing as he has no other options.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Wordplay
2012-09-11, 08:25 AM
Isaac winces as the electricity courses into Tinder.

7 Damage after SPDEF, Tinder at 50%

'Stay the course, Tinder, hit it one more time!'

Tackle
To hit [roll0] (Base 3)
Damage [roll1]

Wordplay
2012-09-11, 08:27 AM
Sorry for the typo in the accuracy roll, rolling that again
[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-11, 08:48 AM
'Shroomish? Ah, this is what happens when the mushroom on a Parasect loses it's host Paras body. It gains sentience and moves independently.' She scans it with her pokedex, and the infernal machine would try and correct her, and she'd ignore it as always.

'Fox, smash it!'

[roll0], 3+Def
[roll1], normal type, physical

WarGruntw
2012-09-11, 09:36 PM
Razel had been in a daze, not talking and not really listening to what was said around him. "Ugh, I don't feel so good all of a sudden..." Razel says to himself, as he brings a hand up to feel his feverish brow. "I need to put less pepper and spices into the breakfasts I make, before I kill myself from a spice overdose." Razel dryly comments as he takes the hand away from his forehead, and only then notices where he was at.

"Oh, battle time? Well, at least I somehow got here..." Razel mumbles as he grabs Rune's pokeball from his belt, causally throwing it up into the air and watches as it lands upon the field, before cracking open and spitting a red laser out of it's spherical body. As the laser hits the field, a Aron forms in the center of it, which gives out a metal screech as it stretches from being in the pokeball for too long. "All right Rune, looks like it is showtime!" Razel remarks as he turns to face the charmander across from him, nodding his head towards the chef, acknowledging his presence on the field.

Edit:
Level 5 Aron
HP: 23
Stats
Attack: 10
Defense: 11
Sp. Attack: 2
Sp. Defense: 5
Speed: 3

D_Man_7733
2012-09-22, 09:48 PM
*round 2: Octavius vs Oddish*

The masked figure winces at the hit, "come on oddy, you can do it"
After being hit the oddish flails its leaves around wildly attempting to grab octavius but misses.

*Round 2: Pichu vs Tinder*

As Tinder slams into the pichu, you see it's eyes go wide briefly before it falls to the ground, and the referee raises his flag and declares Isaac the winner of the battle.
The croud roars and as Damian picks the pichu up and returns it to its pokeball.

He walks up to you slowly and offers his hand for you to shake. "Nice job, that was a really good match"

*Round 1: Fox vs Shroomish*

As fox dashes past the shroomish Acre laughs a bit, "that all you got? Pod, show her how it's done!"

The shroomish lunges forward quickly at Fox and deals 14 damage before defense.

*Round 1: Charmander vs Rune*

Chef Lamau tuts briefly "I hope you didn't overcook that breakfast, it might break your concentration. Oven, it's time to turn up the heat"

The little charmander growls at Rune who seams to take a step back from the fierce noise. (Lower attack 1 stage)

planswalker
2012-09-22, 09:51 PM
woohoo! the game lives!

Not one to question good fortune, Donavon will encourage his piplup. "Octavius, take advantage of this break! Pound it out!"

Octavius will pound it again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-23, 01:41 PM
'Oh, come now. You bore me. This is supposed to be a show.' She pushes up her glasses. 'A bug catcher would be more of a threat than you. Fox, have at them!' Fox charges in again.

[roll0], 3+DEF
[roll1], normal type physical

Wordplay
2012-09-23, 05:13 PM
'Thank you sir!'

Isaac beams as he shakes Damian's hand.

'It's all thanks to this little powerhouse. Still got some things to work on though...'

Isaac looks a little distracted.

'I hope the little Pichu's Ok'.

Isaac picks up Tinder, and gives her a hug.

'Well done, but you were supposed to eat the berry after you got hit! Don't worry me next time like that'.

Isaac takes looks around at the other battles.

Hmm...looks like we're finished first...wait is that an Oddish fighting that Piplup? Type advantages are one thing in the wilds, but it's cheap in a trainer battle.

Isaac gets out his Pokedex to scan Octavius' competitor.

WarGruntw
2012-09-23, 08:40 PM
"Tsk....right, use mud slap Rune! Lets end this fight before it even begins!" Razel calls out to Rune, who hits the ground and summons up a large pile of mud that is thrown at the Charmander.

Mud slap 1d6+3 Ranged, Ground, Special attack

Its been awhile since I last rolled, so I may mess up.

D_Man_7733
2012-09-26, 01:16 AM
*Round 3: Octavious vs Oddish*

As Octavious pounds into the Oddish it goes flying backwards before falling to a slump on the ground in front of his trainer.

*Round 2: Fox vs Shroomish*

Acre lets out a scream briefly before shouting out "Keep on her, break that plush toy of hers!"
The shroomish quickly bounces back from the hit and rams into fox again.

Fox is hit for 10 damage before defense.

*Round 2: Charmander vs Rune*

As the mud flies into the Charmanders eyes, it quickly brushes it out.
"NOW oven, scratch it up!"
The charmander lunges at Rune claws beared and scratches it for 19 damage before defense and type.

Isaac:
"Nah Chu should be okay, he's can take suprisingly a few more hits than most would expect" He laughs a bit when you teach Tinder when to use a berry "Don't go too hard on her, it was her first battle, or at least close to it... Once your friends are done we should be able to get on with the ceremony.

planswalker
2012-09-26, 01:21 AM
"Excellent job, Octavius!" Donavon shouts.

He crosses the arena to shake the strangers hand. "That was an awesome battle, sir. I feel that if your oddish hadn't missed that last attack, the battle would have been very different."

D_Man_7733
2012-09-26, 01:25 AM
Donavon:
The man in black recalls oddish as the crowd cheers again. As you approach he romoves his mask revealing himself to be none other than... PROFESSOR OAK!

"You did a nice job Donavon, sorry about the type advantage, I knew you could do it." He heartily shakes your hand "There is no point worrying about the past now, you one, I lost, it was a greath match"

planswalker
2012-09-26, 01:30 AM
Caught completely by surprise at this, Donavon just stands there speechless for a moment.

"Um... yes, sir. I thought it very fair to choose an oddish like that. When I head out into the wilderness, there's nothing saying that the wild pokemon will be gracious enough to only use things that Octavius is strong against. Besides, I shouldn't expect other trainers to do anything else. Of course, it goes both ways. Soon as I catch myself another partner, my opponents will have to watch out for the same thing."

so, what's the xp drop for the fight?

D_Man_7733
2012-09-26, 02:09 AM
Donavon:
Professor Oak smiles as you talk and waits for you to finish, before he begins speaking. "Well, you certainly raised Octavious well, I think you'll be safe with him at your side... once your friends are finished we can get on with things"

Got your xp here: 180xp for the victors!

planswalker
2012-09-26, 02:24 AM
"Indeed we can. I hope they do as well as I did."

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-26, 08:41 AM
'Oh, shut up and just lose. Fox, kick him in the fungus.' The little tiny Eevee once again throws itself headlong at the Shroom.

Fox:12/26hp

[roll0], 3+def
[roll1]

Wordplay
2012-09-26, 09:52 AM
I'm glad the Pichu's OK. Great mon, wish I could find one of my own someday.

Somewhat chastened, Isaac lifts Tinder so he can look her in the eye.

'Hey, I didn't mean to sound harsh, I only say it because I care. Well done! Our first win!'

Isaac holds Tinder up so that she can enjoy the crowd's applause.

Then Isaac looks over back at Razel's battle, scanning Razel's opponent.

Come on, Razel! You can do it!

WarGruntw
2012-09-27, 03:36 PM
"Right, Rune, use tackle and lets end this! Make sure that we are not the only ones to lose!" Razel calls out to his pokemon, that then sets off in a full body charge towards the opposing Charmander.

[roll0] AC 3
[roll1]
I hope this roll works. Took me like five posts last time to actually manage to get the right roll.

D_Man_7733
2012-09-28, 09:04 PM
*Round 3: Fox vs Shroomish*

As fox makes contact the shroomish is sent barroling backwards into the beam of light that returns it to it's pokeball, Acre looks at you menacingly before storming off out of the arena, accompanied by the crowds cheers.

(that's 180 for you as well)

*Round 3: Charmander vs Rune*

The charmander falls back before using its tail to propel itself forward at rune scratching it with its claws. "Keep it up Oven!"

Charmander hits for 16 damage before type and defenses.

All who have won: You notice Proffessor Oak wave you all over to come closer to Razel's court to cheer him on and to talk.

planswalker
2012-09-28, 10:54 PM
Donavon, seeing as he is already in handshake distance, does not get any closer for fear of being rude.

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-29, 06:47 AM
'Ah, the so called "Professor" Oak?' says Leena as she approaches. 'I'm a fan of your early work, though I find your recent findings little more than drivel.' Still, he was her old idol, and his work on the first pokedex was what encouraged Leena to find the truth about the so-called '150' pokemon, so she raised her camera and snapped a picture of the famous Professor.

Leena uses Snapshot on Oak

[roll0], Multiply the result by 20. This is the value of the photo. I may choose to sell this photograph anywhere.

planswalker
2012-09-29, 06:57 AM
At first, Donavon was rather excited to see that Leena was going to be standing right next to him. "Now is the time to say something cool and clever, really show her how cool you are!" The optimistic side of his brain said.

Unfortunately, while he was still trying to figure out what would qualify as "cool" to her, she opened her mouth and insulted Professor Oak! "You can't just sit back and let her say something like that to him! He's a respected and accomplished researcher!" The rational part of his brain screamed at him. "If I humiliate and contradict her now in front of everyone, she'll never go out with me." Came the lustful side's retort. "Let's see how Professor Oak takes it before we react. If he defends himself and puts her in her place, you don't have to worry about the professor being insulted and you don't have to worry about losing the chance to ask her out." the rationalizing part of his brain said. Ultimately, it won by default, as Donavon stood there frozen, unsure of what to do or how to react.

"Um..." is all that came out.

D_Man_7733
2012-09-29, 07:09 AM
The professor gives a bit of a laugh at Leena's comment before offering his hand. "If I had known you were going to take my picture, I would have combed my hair. Yes I am Professor Oak, and it's nice to meet you Leena. But if my recent work is such Drivel, then perhaps you can tell me about the Larvatair-Tyranitar line? Don't worry I'll give you until we are finished here to think about it" He looks down to Donavon in his almost speechless state,"I assume you have already met Donavon around, but I will say he has been a great help with some of my studies earlier in the year"

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-29, 07:33 AM
Leena shakes his hand. 'Ahh, the Tyranitar line. Strange that the names of the line imply a relationship to bugs, yet none of the supposed members are bug types. That and it's rarity, and being limited to a place forbidden to most trainers, makes me doubt such a pokemon even exists. For all we know, it's a fabrication of some Johtan researcher wanting to make a name for himself. It's not like anyone could go to Mount Silver to verify it now. Until I can find and verify one for myself, I'm highly suspicious of it's existence.'

When he introduces Donavon Leena leans in uncomfortable close to him and adjusts her glasses. She never was the type to pay attention to people's personal space. 'Hmm, the name is familiar, but I can't place the face. I apologize if we have already met, I'm not one for remembering faces.'

Wordplay
2012-09-29, 08:27 AM
Isaac's already wrapped up in Razel's fight, cheering on his friend. Tinder has crawled onto his head, and fallen asleep - taking a little nap after her fight.

Well, with a Steel-type it's not surprising that he's the last to finish...they play well for long, defensive battles. With a fragile hard-hitter like Tinder, the battle will always be over quickly, one way or another

As he's watching Isaac's distracted by Leena's loud introduction.

This is the famous Professor Oak. Wow! Ok, just stay cool...

Isaac watches as Leena takes the Professor's photograph, and chats with the Professor.

Huh, she stays in character, even outside the column. I wouldn't have the nerve to introduce myself to the Professor, much less do some improv with him.

Isaac sidles next to Donovan, not wanting to interrupt Leena or the Professor.

'Hi again. I liked your style - taking out an Oddish against the type advantage - what a way to finish. It must be awesome to win your first fight in such style, and against a luminary like Professor Oak too.'

Isaac turns back to the field.

'So what do you think of his chances? Personally, I think Razel's got this. If the Fire-type was going to finish it, it would have finished it quick'.

Razel scans the Charmander.

planswalker
2012-09-29, 10:35 AM
At last with some traction, he says, "Thank you for saying so professor. I've just done what I can."

As one of his companions speaks to him, he answers. "Yeah, it was really neat to be able to battle Professor Oak today. I'm glad to see that his oddish is doing well. It had just hatched when I saw it last and it was looking a little sickly. Still, seems to have gotten pretty healthy now. I can't take too much credit for style in that fight. I got lucky, and that was it. If the oddish had connected with that one hit, Octavius would be out cold and the oddish barely even injured if at all."

WarGruntw
2012-09-29, 01:12 PM
"Rune, let us finish this match soon, shall we? The others are waiting on us, and it is rude to keep stalling them, eh. Now, Tackle again, and let us end this!"Razel yells at Rune, who replies with a loud "Roonnn~" before charging at the charmander, going into a full body tackle.

[roll0] AC 2
[roll1] Normal, Attack
Rune's HP: 20/23
Rune's Attack stat: 10

Wordplay
2012-09-29, 01:21 PM
'Wow, you know the Professor? And you've worked with him before? Very impressive.

Do you have any plans for after graduation?'

planswalker
2012-09-29, 01:38 PM
"Well, I've spent a couple of summers at his house helping him out. He's very wise and there's little known about pokemon that he doesn't know.

After graduation? I'd like to go on a journey, see the world. See if I can catch sight of one of those legendary birds I've heard of in Kanto."

Wordplay
2012-09-29, 02:41 PM
'Interesting. I've been thinking about taking a year to try and challenge the league - see if I have what it takes to make it as a full time trainer. Travelling can be dangerous though, so I'd like to get a group together. I was planning on suggesting it to Razel. I don't know what he'll think, but would you be interested?'

Capture one of the legendary birds?! I thought that I had a tough dream. What would you even do with it if you caught it? Still, better to have someone ambitious. Someone who understands what it is to dream. Besides, he's a friend of Razel, and I like how he battled against type like that.

planswalker
2012-09-29, 03:41 PM
"Sure. Traveling the league circuit takes one all over a region. Sounds like a good way to experience a lot of the world."

D_Man_7733
2012-09-29, 03:58 PM
*Round 4: Charmander vs Rune*

As Rune makes contact at a speed almost unusual for most Aron, and the flame from the Charmanders tail envelopes it in a birst of light, before dying down to a trickle on the tip of it's tail.

Chef Lamau quickly runs up to the charmander and applies a potion, and a berry, returning the charmander. He walks up to you and offers his hand, "It looks like we got burnt in this one, but like the younger students souffle, we went out with a bang" The crowd continues to cheer for a while before the loudspeaker booms across the stadium.

(180 xp)

Leena, Donavon, Isaac:
While the battle is still going on Professor Oak looks to Donavon and Isaac "Don't be modest Donavon, while Oddy was a little sickly at birth, you can tell he got better quickly. As the Aron picks up speed and it begins to rush the charmander He looks more at you Isaac "You have a pretty good eye, good call on the fire types though, not always true in the case of Magmortar, and Magmar depending on how they are raised, but a good generalisation, especially for lower evolved forms."

If the professor was going to continue he lost his chance as Rune rammed the charmander and the croud goes wild, you notice he puts a finger in his ear in an attempt to stop some of the noise.

ALL:
WE HAVE FOUR WINS ACROSS THE BOARD, DONAVON STONE, LEENA BROWN, RAZEL TICAR, ISAAC HILL ARE TODAYS VICTORS. ALL AUDIENCE MEMBERS PLEASE LEAVE THE ARENA, THE VICTORS MAY COME TO THE VICTORY BOX, TO CLAIM THEIR PRIZE

The victory box is up the stairs to the west of the arena, the remaining of your opponents start walking up ushering you along. As Leena catches up with the professor he starts"I have never heard that before, nor have I even seen any of the Tyranitar myself, I may have to look into that, as it wouldn't be the first case of pokemon fraud there has been"

**Unless you all want to continue conversation, we can just skip to the victory box**

planswalker
2012-09-29, 04:00 PM
Donavon will head to the victory box to see what the prize is.

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-29, 05:47 PM
'Ask yourself why the pokedex project includes things like Tyranitar and ' she gives a loud sigh 'Arceus of all things. When you bow to pressure form religious nut jobs, they'll let any old pokemon in. And yet, MissingNo is left out.' She gives her head one final shake. 'Well, it was an honor sir. Despite our differences, I still admire your work, and am glad you are more open minded than I thought. Good day.' She bows to the professor then goes to collect her prize.

WarGruntw
2012-09-29, 05:48 PM
Razel returns Rune back to his pokeball before walking up the chef with a smile upon his face. "Aye, sir, it was a tough fight to be sure. Next time we come back to Academy Island, lets have a rematch shall we? In cooking and pokemon, since I have yet to beat your meals still, ha!" Razel says, shaking the chef's hand.

And then he heads over to the victory box, joining up with Stone.

planswalker
2012-09-29, 07:38 PM
"Nice bit of fighting there, Raz. Did you get a chance to catch Leena's battle?"

WarGruntw
2012-09-29, 10:48 PM
"I saw a few pieces of it, but not too clearly. I was more focused on getting through my match, heh, to be honest. Although, from what I hear, you had the toughest fight of us all. Good job on winning that, Stone.

planswalker
2012-09-29, 10:54 PM
"I'd really just gotten lucky. After that oddish's first attack, Octavius had nearly been knocked out. If it had connected again, I wouldn't have been able to take it out."

Wordplay
2012-09-30, 03:52 PM
'Great, we'll talk after the ceremony'. Isaac replies to Donovan.

Isaac smiles at the compliment from Professor Oak.

'Thank you Professor. It's a pleasure to meet you. I've spent a fair bit of time helping with Growlithe, so my experience is mostly based on them'.

Isaac walks up to the Victory box.

I wonder why they wanted to send the audience out? You would think that they'd have the ceremony with them present. That girl's clearly quite sharp - the Professor seemed to think that she might be right about Tyranitar. Goodness knows, I've never heard of it myself.

As Isaac arrives he gives Razel a pat on the back.

'Well done Razel. I knew you'd take him'.

Isaac turns and offers his hand for Leena to shake,

'And well done Ms. I don't think we were introduced. Isaac Hill, and this is Tinder'. Isaac gestures up to his head.

IrnBruAddict
2012-09-30, 06:34 PM
She nods at the young man introducing himself. 'Miss Leena Brown.' She points her camera at the boy, examining him through her lense scope, and snaps a quick picture of him then the other two. 'Well, I suppose if you three were matched to my level, you must have superior skills equal to my own. Most likely not in the same area, but nonetheless it is pleasant to meet students of intelectual value who do not make snide remarks about my research.' Leena was going off on her own mental tangent. And with Oak nearby to boost her own ego, who knew what she was thinking right now?

planswalker
2012-10-01, 06:14 AM
"Hi Leena, I'm Donavon." He managed to get out.

Yeah, real smooth, Donavon.

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-01, 02:04 PM
'Yes, the Professor already introduced us.' Leena peers at him over the top of her glasses. 'I must admit, I am jealous. I'd have liked to have a chance to fight the Professor rather than that crazy old coot. There must be something special about you for them to pick you.'

planswalker
2012-10-01, 02:20 PM
"Well, I have helped him out with caring for pokemon over on his island for years. I guess we're sorta personal friends."

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-01, 06:27 PM
'Hmm, personal friends with the Professor? I didn't think he had those sorts of .... interests.' Leena takes out a note book and scribbles something in.

-Oak: possible story. unhealthy relationship with young boys? need further investigation.-

planswalker
2012-10-01, 06:33 PM
Donavon's temper and sanity, along with Leena's nose, are all very grateful that he cannot read her notebook.

"Um, yeah, he's a real great guy. If you're willing to stop and listen to his stories, you can really learn a lot."

D_Man_7733
2012-10-01, 08:12 PM
As you all reach the Victory box, you notice the Principal, Bryce Ronami standing in front of a table with a fairly large rectangular box. He is about 40 years old and his hair is slightly greying but you can still see some of his brown hair throughout, he stands about the same height as professor oak and wears blue collared shirt with tie. Professor Oak and the other teaches go up and greet Bryce before going to stand in front of the table and box.

The Victory box consists of a long rectangular table with a few chairs around it, as well as some more comfortable looking couches on the outside, all looking out the window that takes up the entire wall facing into the arena.

Leena:
You notice that the box is the same that the pokemon breeding teacher (Damian, who Isaac fought) was bringing in to the arena when you were on your way in.

Donavon, Razel, Isaac:
The box looks similar in shape to that of the carry box Damian uses to transport eggs.

Bryce turns to you all after greeting your teachers. "Well, you all did well, as expected. I understand some of you are a bit confused with today's... festivity. Well you may have guessed that it involves seeing the rate of trainers the school turns out, which is only partly true, it also helps the schools funding, but as you can probably tell, there is more to today than that." He looks thoughtful for a moment, then his eyes shift around the room; you can tell he is nervous, before his eyes come to rest on the box,"AH, well we can get to that later, first your prizes, all of you bring out your pokedex' please" As you do so you notice him pull a small box out from his pocket.

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-01, 08:53 PM
Leena hands over her pokedex. After all, it was a normal one, full of errors. If they wiped or confiscated it, no big deal to her.

WarGruntw
2012-10-01, 10:07 PM
Razel nods at the principal, reaching into one of his pockets that were in the inside of his jacket before pulling out the desired object. "Well, to be honest sir, it was fun for me. Plus, it looks like we all made some friends here anyways." he tells the principal as he hands over the pokedex.

Razel looks over at Leena and whispers "The name is Razel, nice to meet ya." to her, if only because he was the only one not to greet her.

planswalker
2012-10-01, 10:27 PM
Donavon presents his 'dex without a word.

Wordplay
2012-10-02, 03:01 PM
What's going on? It sounds as if there's something he's trying not to say.

Isaac hands over his Pokedex.

D_Man_7733
2012-10-02, 05:08 PM
The principal takes your Pokedexes off you and lays them out on the table, before pulling a USB out and sliding it in the base of the pokedex. A few beeps, whirrs, and flashes later, he hands your pokedex back to you, and you notice your identification screen has changed. The background has become gold, your status is now "Graduate Trainer" and it has a digital badge counter.

"Now, your pokedex has been upgraded to show the full extent of your trainer qualifications, it has a new background, and has unlocked all the features, including disallowing the school to monitor your progress. You could consider it a digital cirtificate, or "badge".

He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out four cards handing one to each of you. Each card has your name on it, as well as a gold "T".

"These are all-purpose passes for the islands, you can travel to any of the islands, as long as you don't go to the mainland, which is where they'll be confiscated." He hands one to each of you.

Professor Oak pipes up from behind him. *cough* "Back to the upgrades, this unlocks costmetic things like changing the backround to an image or another colour, and I will be handling your Pokedex evaluation, unless you find another professor who you would prefer to handle it for you"

You notice as he moves back, Damian has opened the box and is unlocking four compartments, which Chef', Professor Oak and Damian himself take a case out of a compartment, which you notice have an egg in them. The principal looks around briefly before he notices the last egg in the compartment, before taking it to Leena.

Leena: "Raise it well" the principal hands it over (once your hands are empty) before turning around and walking back to his previous position. The egg is a somewhat dull blue colour, looking almost patchwork.

Razel: Chef Lemau comes up to you holding the egg in his hands waiting for you to take it. "Here's yours, this one isn't for cooking" he gives a brief chuckle. The egg has a bit of a pinkish tinge, there are some darker splotches littered about.

Donavon: Professor Oak approaches you with the egg he holds it waiting for you to take it. "Thanks for helping me with my work, maybe stop by the island sometime?" the egg is a light tan colour, riddle with dark lines that looks like it could resemble scales.

Wordplay: Damian walks up to you, "You raised it's parents, and they wanted you to have this" He waits for you to take the egg. It's a blue colour with a white and black spiral on the middle.

Everyone:
Each egg comes with a case, it doesn't take up much room and can easily fit in your pack.
Razel:
Upon inspection you can tell that your egg containes a Nidoran (M) Unless you actively try to inspect everyone elses, you don't know.

*TRAINER LEVEL FOR EVERYONE!*

planswalker
2012-10-02, 06:58 PM
Donavon accepts the egg with pride. "You can count on it, Professor."

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-02, 08:14 PM
Monitoring our progress? Passes confiscated when we go to the mainland? Hmm, something about that seems strange. What are they trying to hide from the mainland?

'No, you will be fine handling the pokedex data. While I do admire Rowan's research on evolution, I'd need to verify his findings for myself. As for Birch and Elm, well, they are amateurs compared to you. No disrespect to them, it's just you and Rowan are the top of the top.'

She turns the egg over in her hand. 'Umm, Razel was it? You know more about this thing than I do' Leena knew her faults and limitations well. Too bad she didn't know how crazy she was. 'Could you examine this for me? I'm thinking I'll disappear for a bit, see what I can dig up on these islands.'

Leena goes off to the nearest laptop or library to research the islands they were allowed to visit.

Leena uses Did the Homework on the islands they are allowed to visit.

WarGruntw
2012-10-02, 09:17 PM
Razel takes the egg in his hand, thanking the Chef as he gets it. "Oh, I know not to cook a pokemon egg. Unless I make one of my supreme omelets again, then I cannot make any promises, heh." Razel tells his old teacher, while turning the egg over in his hands, easily noting the texture, color, and size of the egg. Well...from the texture and size, it would have to be from the Nidoran family, and the color shows that it is the male pokemon of the species. Razel thinks to himself, still looking over the egg to make sure there were no cracks in it.

When he hears his name called out suddenly, Razel starts and turns toward Leena. "Ah, sure. This should not be too hard, I hope." Razel answers to her request, putting his own egg in the case and in his bag before gently holding her egg, looking it over as she leaves.

D_Man_7733
2012-10-02, 10:01 PM
When he hears his name called out suddenly, Razel starts and turns toward Leena. "Ah, sure. This should not be too hard, I hope." Razel answers to her request, putting his own egg in the case and in his bag before gently holding her egg, looking it over as she leaves.

The patchy texture of the egg makes it seem like a feebas, but the colour makes you not so certain.

Wordplay
2012-10-06, 10:36 AM
Isaac takes the egg very carefully.

'Thank you, I'll take good care of it. You say I cared for it's parents? I think I've got a good idea of what it is...'

Isaac turns back to the principle and Oak

'Thank you very much. I'd be honoured for you to handle my Pokedex administration sir. May I ask, why are our tickets confiscated if we go to the mainland?'

I guess it's a good job I took those classes if I'm going to be submitting data to Professor Oak. Hmm...I wonder where Ms Brown's off to in such a hurry.

Isaac puts that out of his mind, and walks over to his friend.

Hey, Raz, could you have a look at this egg for me? I'm pretty sure, but I could use an expert eye...Poliwag, right?

'Anyhow, I've was saying to Donovan here, I've been thinking about taking a year to travel around, see if I've got what it takes to make it as a full time trainer, and perhaps challenge for some badges. I'd like to get a group together - would you be interested Razel? Of course, we can always travel for a little bit and see how it goes...

If it's OK with you guys, I was thinking about asking Miss Brown as well. I think we'd each bring a lot to a team'.

WarGruntw
2012-10-08, 09:15 PM
Razel keeps examining the egg in front of him, looking closely at the coloration. "Strange....this is quite perplexing. he mumbles under his breath, running his fingers over the egg again. A Feebas, that was what the texture was telling him but the color was giving him different vibes than a usual feebas egg. It seems that miss Leena has quite a few mysteries surrounding her. But not all mysteries are worth solving... Razel thinks to himself, placing the egg in his bag, to give to Leena later.

Razel finally picks up on the que that he was being talked to. "Aye, I would not mind going around the islands for a while. We traveled around them for most of my life, but never long enough to actually go any farther than the port cities. And sure, I will look at your egg." He replies, taking the egg in hand and examining it like the others. I bet Stone will give me his egg to look at also... passes briefly through his mind, but Razel shakes his head and goes back to looking the egg over.

planswalker
2012-10-08, 09:23 PM
If he asks to see it, Donavon won't mind letting Razel take a look, but he won't venture that on his own.

"Sounds like a great idea to me!"

Wordplay
2012-10-09, 10:10 AM
'Thanks Raz'. says Isaac as he hands the egg over.

Isaac smiles broadly as Raz and Donovan voice their agreement.

'Good. Sounds like a plan then. We'll need to get the Pokemon healed up first, then we can head out. I don't know about you guys, but later today suits me fine. Any preference for where you'd like to go first? Personally, I'd like to camp out in some wilderness - give us all a chance to expand our teams with wilds'.

D_Man_7733
2012-10-10, 02:38 AM
'Thank you very much. I'd be honoured for you to handle my Pokedex administration sir. May I ask, why are our tickets confiscated if we go to the mainland?'

"I think we will get to that soon, It isn't normal procedure but there is a good reason, I believe it is the principals place to tell you, not mine" He looks the principal who still seems to be staring out the window into the arena.

The principal turns back to all of you before taking a breath. "Good idea, Enjoy your victory, all of you meet at the docks and I will meet you there with more information, please tell ms Brown as well." You all notice the proffessor shakes his head a little as he and the principal usher you and the remaining teachers out of the room. Who say goodbye, before heading back to their classrooms, telling you to come see them if you need anything.

Leena,
Did the homework is completed.

Razel,
You do find that Isaacs hunch was correct, and the egg he gave you was indeed a poliwag egg

planswalker
2012-10-10, 09:12 AM
"So, where to from here?"

Wordplay
2012-10-10, 09:39 AM
'Well, I guess we should find Ms Brown, let her know about the meet up at the docks, and see if she want's in on travelling with us'.

Isaac pats his backpack.

'I've got pretty much everything here, clothes, pokeballs and such, so I'm all packed ready - I sent the rest of my stuff home to my parents'.

'I guess the only other thing to do is get our 'mon healed up. Anyone know if the academy has any facilities? I'd rather not use up a berry if we can help it'.

planswalker
2012-10-10, 10:14 AM
"I would assume so, since otherwise it would be difficult to host battle like this."

WarGruntw
2012-10-10, 11:38 AM
"Well, if we rest for a while, I could heal the pokemon. I did not take those care classes for nothing, heh. Though our first course of action should be finding miss Brown, then we can rest on the way to the docks, if we do not find a center before than. Rune did not take that much damage during the fight though, so we should be fine until we find a center. And you were right, that is a poliwag egg." Razel tells the two while handing Issac his egg back, before turning towards the main school building and walking towards it. He was heading to the library to tell Leena the plans of the group, and to ask her to join them. Also, he needed to talk to her about her egg and give it back to her of course.

Wordplay
2012-10-10, 02:42 PM
'Thanks Raz'.

Isaac takes the egg, and stows it carefully in his backpack in its carry case.

'Yeah, I know, the Academy must have the facilities, yet I've never once seen them. If you could heal up Tinder though Raz, that would be great'.

Isaac starts walking over in the direction that they last saw Leena disappear off to.

planswalker
2012-10-10, 04:21 PM
"Well, there's a pokecenter just inside the arena, near the food court. If it would cost you something, we could save a bit on the center."

Wordplay
2012-10-10, 07:13 PM
'Catch you later Raz! Isaac waves as Razel goes to find Leena.

Hmm, the food court? Ah great, I think I'll head over there now, then see if we can find Ms Brown. Hmm...if we can get the Pokemon healed up quickly...'
[/COLOR]
Isaac smiles, and his eyes gleam.

'Maybe this is a bad idea, but perhaps I could challenge you to a quick battle, Donovan? Either today, or perhaps sometime soon, when we're travelling together. I was impressed how you and Octavius took down that Oddish. At their current level it should be a fairly even match between Tinder and Octavius'.

Isaac looks up at Tinder, who's been asleep on top of his head for the last five minutes, like some bizarre hairpiece. He gently picks her up, and holds her in front of him, face to face.

'Hey, little one? Do you think you might be up for a battle later, or would you like to rest for the day?'

Isaac heads over to the centre, and gets Tinder healed up.

planswalker
2012-10-10, 09:28 PM
"I'd love to, but let's first get another 'mon each. We don't want to risk taking out our entire team when we don't know what the day holds."

Donavon follows him to get Octavius restored.

Wordplay
2012-10-11, 07:49 AM
'Hmm...fair enough'.

After Tinder's healed up, Isaac goes to look for Razel and Leena.

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-11, 10:48 AM
Leena was pouring over the books, with Fox gently nudging her to get her attention. 'Ah, Razel. I was just looking over the islands we are now allowed to explore. I never was much for traveling, so I've never left the academy, but now Oak has acknowledged me as a fellow researcher, I think I'm going to need to put in some field work. And for that, I shall need funds.' Leena sends an email from the nearby computer to the newspaper club, offering her photo of Oak in exchange for freelance payment. Right now, she hadn't even any money for balls. 'Oh, yes. I forgot. What were your results on the egg? Any verification of the species?'

Offering to sell the photo of Oak, worth $340.

Also, spending my Insight Point to decide on what island would be best for catching wilds.

WarGruntw
2012-10-11, 03:04 PM
Razel walks up to the desk, looking over Leena's shoulder to stare at the books. "Well, that is one of the things I wanted to talk about. But first, me and the other guys decided to stick together while we explore the islands. Safety in numbers and all that. Do you want to join us? We could pool our resources to make a better advantage for ourselves, not to mention you can research pokemon better this way. More chances to catch pokemon, more chances to encounter pokemon and less chances of being hurt by pokemon." Razel tells her. He knew how to make a deal sound in someone else's favor.

"Now, onto the egg," Razel says as he reaches into his bag and pulls out the egg, placing it on the desk infront of Leena, before moving to the other side of the desk and taking a seat," I believe it is a Feebas egg, but...the color is off. So it might be another pokemon, or somehow a albino Feebas. Either way, I think you should take care of it carefully, for I have never seen a egg like that one before and would love to see what hatches from it. And it could further your research even more. But, it is your egg..." Razel leans back in his chair, watching as Isaac walks in on the two.

planswalker
2012-10-11, 03:11 PM
Donavon follows Razel, but stays just outside the door. He didn't want to have to face the fact that the girl he'd been crushing on for years might be insane.

Wordplay
2012-10-11, 04:05 PM
Huh, where did Donovan go? He seems a little weird about Leena. I hope that he can get on with her all right.

'Hi. Did Raz mention the plan? We were thinking about travelling in a group for a bit. Maybe check out the mainland too, once we've explored the islands. Obviously we'd love it if you could come with us - you're clearly an impressive battler and Professor Oak acknowledged you as a researcher. We could use someone - you know - who can make sure we don't eat poisoned berries, or anger a Snorlax herd or something...

Well, in any case, the principal wants to meet us down at the dock when we're ready to go...'

'By the way, have you guys got any idea on which of the islands you'd like to visit? I don't really know anything about the others - or much of geography outside of Johto'.

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-11, 04:32 PM
'An albino Feebas? Hmm, now that is interesting. I'd always maintained that the Feebas was the female of the Magikarp species, yet the majority of the scientific community say it's a different species. This could help in my research.... ' She looks closely at the egg. 'I was considering selling it for research funds, but I may just hold on to this now. If I have a male Feebas, or something else, or even a new pokemon, who knows? This could be a unique breakthrough.'

'As for your offer, I suppose I have to admit my weaknesses. While the school recognized me, it also recognized your talents, all 3 of you. A collaboration would be fine. Razel's knowledge of eggs is matched by my knowledge of living pokemon, and it would be interesting to see the other 2 of you in action.'

Leena pulled the maps over. 'Now where was it again? There was one island that stood out to me. It had a lot of wilds, and I think a team expansion would help us all.'

Wordplay
2012-10-11, 05:40 PM
'I guess we'd have to find a Magikarp and raise it to test that. Sounds challenging - I'd like to give it a try.

A hunting trip sounds good - do you know if any of the islands have Rattata?'

Wordplay
2012-10-13, 09:08 PM
'Well, I think I'll head down to the docks...

Hmm...Leena, would it be possible to get a photo of the eight of us? The four of us and our starters, I mean. It is a special occasion after all - right after we've decided to travel together'.

OoC
Just looking for a mundane photo, rather than one taken with class features. I don't know quite whether the Photographer can do that though...

D_Man_7733
2012-10-13, 09:25 PM
*Everyone who went to the centre at the arena has their mons fully healed*

Leena,
At this time of year (summer) you can find most types of pokemon on wild island in the forests and plains, more fire types now than any other time as well.
On Oak island ice types are well known around the southern mountain, although you could reasonably find anything on Oak island due to the habitats available, there is even a small desert.
Both are prone to small showers and some thunderstorms at this time of year though.

planswalker
2012-10-13, 10:29 PM
"I recommend we go see about Oak Island. I've seen all sorts of pokemon out on those islands."

Wordplay
2012-10-14, 08:53 AM
'Isn't that a protected reserve? I thought no-one was supposed to catch Pokemon in the study area?

If the Professor doesn't mind though, that sounds great! I'd bet you could catch just about any kind of Pokemon there'.

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-14, 03:33 PM
'That's probably the best location. I just need to heal up Fox then I'll meet you three down there.' Leena heads off the the nearest Centre for healing, then down to the docks after packing her bag.

Wordplay
2012-10-14, 03:58 PM
''Well...I guess, if the Professor and his researchers don't mind. I'll catch you down at the docks then Leena'.

If the others head down to the docks, then Isaac goes with them, but if they wait he hangs with them.

'You've visited Oak island before, right Donovan? What's it like?'

planswalker
2012-10-14, 04:05 PM
"It's pretty neat. The terrain changes all over the place. Lots of wild things all around. The professor mostly had me stay close to his house."

D_Man_7733
2012-10-14, 04:45 PM
Leena,
Just before you log off the computer, you get a message back from one of the other school photographers, a young girl named Celes, agreeing on the price of the photo and asking if she could get it from you at the docks, she is getting some landscape shots at the moment and would love your input as well.

Celes was new to the school (first year just ended), but she has seen your work in past school newspapers, and finds Leena somewhat of a role model for her photography

*after a little waiting, fox is fully healed*
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone heading straight to the port,
As you make your way to the port, you notice a few kids battling and training, everything is pretty good, you do notice some rainclouds off-shore but they are heading away from the island, and more towards wild island. it isn't too long before you see professor Oak and Principal Bryce, waiting for you.

planswalker
2012-10-14, 04:50 PM
Donavon says, "Greetings, professor."

Wordplay
2012-10-14, 05:03 PM
'Hello Professor, Principal Bryce'.

Isaac greets the men courteously.

'Was there something you wanted to tell us before we left?'

The Principal and the Professor? And our passes confiscated when we get to the mainland? Something's going on here...

WarGruntw
2012-10-14, 06:49 PM
Razel silently gets up after Leena and leaves with her, going to heal his pokemon at the center also. Razel then heads over to his old room, grabbing some last minute supplies and making a sling that he could carry from a old bed sheet, placing the egg in it when its finished and heads to the docks.

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-15, 12:35 PM
'That's some good shots' compliments Leena. The new girl might not have been as talented as Leena, but she made up for it with her passion. Leena could respect people like that. 'Over thinking your shot will just mess them up. Composition will only take you so far, mood and subject are also important.' She gives the girl the photo.

'We'll be going on a research trip to Oak Island. Are there any shots the paper or faculty needs? I'll try my hardest to get them for you.'

D_Man_7733
2012-10-17, 04:47 PM
Donavon & Isaac,
Professor Oak smiles as you approach, while the principal still seems deep in thought. "Hello, Donavon, Isaac. It's nice to see you boys again. He looks to the principal who seems to jump out of a daze. "Errrr, right hello... once everyone's here I'll give you the necessary information. Bryce is quite obviously nervous, his eyes seem to jump everywhere in his field of view, at every little sound.

Leena,
Celes blushes at the praise, uttering a barely audible thanks. When you ask if the paper needed any more photos, she smiles thoughtfully for a moment "No, I don't think so, from what I've seen, you've helped the paper for a long time, you deserve a rest in my opinion... I'm sure any photos you got would be appreciated though. It looks like she might have continued the praise, but her camera beeping to signify low battery interupts her, "Oh, damn, I better go charge this thing, hope to see you again" and she runs off after paying you, and taking the photo.

Razel,
It takes a moment or two for them to heal up Rune, and the nurses congratulate you on your victory. As you head to the docks you notice everyone else is already there talking with professor Oak and the pricipal.

---------------------------------------------------------

Once everyone has arrived, Principle Bryce lets out a sigh of... relief? Before he begins his speech in a low voice, as if he's afraid of being heard by anyone but you.

"Okay, there is something I'm need to ask you all to do, but the professor and I found something interesting about the badges people recieve from gyms. You have all heard the legend of Arceus, correct? He came down to earth and created life in barren wastelands, calmed oceans... well, it's only half true, he came down, but rather than sacrifice his shards, he sacrificed himself, scattering the energy of the shards all over the world to put everything in balance. We believe that some of the energy from that occurence has collected in gym badges. I am asking you to collect these gym badges, and find out if there are any others trying to do the same... with malicious intentions.

He looks around letting you all take it in for a moment before continuing.

"Gym leaders won't give up their badges without a fight, all their matches are recorded, so giving up a gym badge wouldn't work. You will have to battle them. He looks directly at Leena as he continues "Your theology teacher, Acre, well I had my suspicions that he was keeping tabs on me, or if he knew that I knew, my suspicions became realised when you called him a member of the cult of Arceus. Ever since then, I have been under suspicion for drinking in classrooms, inappropriate behaviour, and Acre looks like he'll be the one to get the vacant position if I get fired. He turns back to all of you, a sad look in his eyes"Because of what you are doing, I can't let you back to the islands, for both your safety and the safety of everyone here, you can spend as much time on the surrounding islands, but please, don't come back to Academy Isle, until all this business is finished."

He looks very torn up about the whole matter, telling students never to return.

"And now, a gift from me, to assure your safety. My old friend worked at Devon corp. and he managed to help me get these. He holds out four PokeNAV for you to take. "Well, I best be going now, good luck, and try to stay in a group, wilds may not be the only danger to you" He mumbles under his breath a little before running off.

Professor Oak waves goodbye as the figure goes into the distance, "I will be heading back to the laboratory now, If you would like to join me, I would be honoured to have you as my guests." He beams a smile, it's a little forced, but after the way the principal was just talking, he seems to be trying to lighten the mood a bit.

planswalker
2012-10-17, 05:00 PM
"It would be an honor, professor."

Wordplay
2012-10-17, 05:37 PM
Oh my goodness. Principal Bryce has gone completely mad. Arceus worship is weird enough - but crazy conspiracy theories?

Poor Principal Bryce. Must be the pressure of the allegations against him, and knowing that you he has an underling gunning for your job. Still, looks like Leena might have been right about the Theology teacher. I can't believe such a talentless trainer could replace Bryce.

'Err...Sure Principal Bryce. I'll try and collect some of the badges and see if there's anything in this'.

Pretty much what I was planning to do anyway... thinks Isaac.

'Thank you Professor. We were just saying that we'd like to go to Oak Island first, and it would be an honour to be your guest.'

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-17, 06:14 PM
'I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!' Leena was practically bouncing round right about now. 'I knew he was up to something. Don't you worry sir. I'll crush his conspiracy with my own hands. I'll not allow this sacred institution to be runs but that ....That ..... THAT ....' Leena was so worked up, she couldn't find the correct word to call him. There was no word coming to mind that expressed how much she detested him. She just makes a noise of pure frustration.

Leena practically jumps on the boat, and starts to scribble notes. 'So if the cult of Arceus .... and he split him self into ...... that would explain ....... but why the badges? Are they made of ...... perhaps morphic resonance? The badges represent ..... 16 plates of Arceus, and 8 badges a region.... ' She was off in her own little world again.

WarGruntw
2012-10-17, 06:52 PM
Razel hears the professor out, listening to the explanation of the events. So now we cannot come to the academy island either, huh? That leaves the professor's island, Wild Island, and then the port island. It seems like we might not have much choice but to head to the mainland at this rate... Razel thinks to himself, while telling the principal "I will gladly help my friends out in this quest, sir. You can count on me to keep them healed, feed, and on track."

Razel heads on the boat behind Leena, calling out to the professor "I will accept your invitation, sir. We will need all the help we can get, it seems." before reaching out to put a steadying hand on Leena's shoulder, telling her "Miss, I know we are on what seems to be a big boat, but I must ask you to not jump around unless inside the cabin. You could easily fall over, or worse, unbalance your sea legs." Razel had grew up living on a boat, but knew that humans and pokemon could get sea sickness from boats. What he forgot about was that not all the people on the island had as good of sea legs as he.

Wordplay
2012-10-17, 07:23 PM
Isaac boards the vessel. Carefully, he removes Tinder from his hat.

'I'm sure you're excited to be on a boat. I'll leave you out, but stay in my backpack, and hold on tightly'.

Isaac wears the backpack back-to-front and arranges it so that Tinder can see - her little head poking out of the bag. Isaac moves his items to other pockets - especially the precious Poliwag egg.

Best to have her out. After all, Water Pokemon are one of the most common types. Heh. When the egg hatches, I'll have Water and Fire. Should try and round that out with some Electric, maybe Grass, or Ground?

planswalker
2012-10-17, 09:33 PM
Donavon will let out Octavius and let him enjoy the ship.

D_Man_7733
2012-10-17, 11:27 PM
The boat is large, large enough to have three levels of cabins and a pool. There are a few trainers training in the pool with their water pokemon, and some battling on the front of the boat.

Oak smiles and laughs before going onto the boat with you all. "Oak island is the last stop, so we have the rest of the day to relax... and take in what you've just learnt, there is a centre on board, and likely a few trainers as well if that's what you'd like to do, I'll retire to my room for now, if you want me I'm in cabin 110"

*You are assigned cabins 101,102,103,104, (floor 1, rooms 1,2,3,4).*
Everyone please roll a 1d100 for something happening, and where you are in the boat. (if you are splitting up)

planswalker
2012-10-17, 11:35 PM
Donavon will head to the pool and give Octavius a chance to swim. [roll0]

Wordplay
2012-10-18, 09:39 AM
Isaac looks enviously at Donovan.

It would be nice to go swimming, but it's a risk of sudden violent death for Tinder.

Then Isaac perks up at the mention of battle.

'Hey, Tinder, let's go and watch the battles! Watch carefully, you'll pick up a lot from watching how other trainers and teams do things. If you're feeling up to it, we might battle ourselves'.

'Cynda quil!'. Tinder seems enthused by the idea too.

'Heh, that's my girl. We'll see if there's anyone suitable'.

Isaac checks out his cabin, and dumps some of his stuff there. (Keeping his Pokeballs, potions and his egg).

Then Isaac walks over to where the trainers are battling, and watches, looking for people who'd make challenging, but fair match-ups.

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-18, 02:39 PM
Leena turns around at Razel's hand touching her. 'Bah! I have a conspiracy to unravel, and you are worried about me being sea sick?' She gives a small chuckle. 'So, you are the worrying type then? Very well, I'll find something else to do.' Leena wanders off to where the fights are happening and starts to scan everyone's battling pokemon. She was still working on her own pokedex while she was helping out Principal Bryce. So observing more pokemon could only help her do that.

WarGruntw
2012-10-18, 03:46 PM
Razel just makes a huffing sound at the description of himself. Was he a worrying type? Maybe, but if one person of the group got sick or injured, then the responsibility would fall unto him to make sure they get better again. And the best way to cure sickness and injury was to prevent them from ever happening in the first place. And out of all the people here, Razel probably knew the most about what could happen on a boat, having spent most of his life sailing on one.

"Well, I thank you for caring about my opinion Miss Leena. Not many people actually noticed me back at the academy, thanks to my strange class schedule and tendency to stick with pokemon more than people." Razel tells her in a light tone as she walks away, before moving up to the front of the boat. "Right, Rune, you best come out and enjoy the ride. I got you a little snack." Razel says as he lets his pokemon out of the pokeball, carefully making sure he did not appear near the edge of the boat. Razel then heads over to Rune, pulling out a empty tin can and hands it to Rune, who starts to happily nibble on it. Looking down at his pokemon with a smile, Razel turns around and walks over to a nearby deck chair, sitting back in it and stretching out his body. "Ah, being on a boat again. How I have missed you...." Razel mumbles to himself, pulling out the egg and placing it on his chest before wrapping his arms around it, letting the two sun bath.

D_Man_7733
2012-10-19, 01:16 AM
Donavon,
While at the back of the boat, letting Octavius swim, a bird-like pokemon divebombs him, before landing on the edge of the boat and cawing in what you assume is mocking laughter towards Octavious. Before flying up a little, then returning to it's purch and mocking tone. A couple trainers look on in surprise, but leave it to you to handle, it is your pokemon to take care of after all

{table=head] - | A | B | C | D | E | F
1 | W | W | W | | |
2 | W | W | W | | |
3 | W | W | W | | |
4 | W | W | O | | | S
5 | | | D | | |[/table]
Blue "W" is water, goes 3m down.
You can be any place outside of the Water.
Octavius can be anywher inside the pool.

Octavius is up first, as the bird is content to sit and laugh at him for now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
On the front of the boat:
in the most popular battle there is a trainer with a pokemon that looks a lot like Tinder, only with a longer body, battling a small yellow pokemon with long ears, it looks like the yellow pokemon would take out with an electric attack before it is taken out with a strike that was almost too fast for the eye to see.
Everyone claps, before dispersing as the trainers return their pokemon and shake hands.

Isaac,
There are a few trainers that look like they might be either new, or have a fair matchup against you. A boy with a purple rat wearing has baseball cap backwards appraches you and challenges you, almost decreeing that you can't defeat his rattata.

Leena,
As you look around you manage to get a few scans in. Pikachu or Quilava, Rattata, Charmander, and pidgey. You are hit in the side by something wet, it doesn't hurt so much as it is a bother, as you look at what hit you, you can see a magikarp flopping around, almost agressively, if that's even possible at you.

Razel,
Rune, quite seems to enjoy his little snack. There are trainers around most of them look a bit tough, some other trainers around include one with a small red lizard with fire on the end of it's tail, and a girl with a bird pirched on her shoulder. You notice Isaac get challenged to a battle by a kid and his purple rat, you heard the word "rattata" so that might be it. As well as Leena get hit in the side by an agressively flopping red fish.

Razel & Isaac, you can scan either the yellow pokemon, or the flaming not-cyndaquil, but not both.

Wordplay
2012-10-19, 07:35 AM
Isaac scans the yellow pokemon, and almost doesn't notice his challenger.

A challenge? This must be answered.

Isaac grins broadly.

'Well, Rattata are pretty awesome. My Pokemon's already battled today but I think - '

Tinder's jumps out of the rucksack and climbs down Isaac to the deck.

' - yeah, she's definitely up for a battle. What's say we make this interesting? I'll wager 1 new pokeball against 200 poke. Sound good?'

Isaac draws an empty Pokeball from his backpack.

'Items allowed? I'm easy either way'.

planswalker
2012-10-19, 08:16 AM
Donavon will start off the fight by scanning the thing and throwing a quick ball with a bit of a curve to it.

using curve ball to deal 3 damage before the capture roll.
[roll0]

If that fails, Ocatvius will climb out and pound the little snot.

[roll1]
[roll2]

WarGruntw
2012-10-19, 01:51 PM
Razel sees the two pokemon fighting each other with interest, seeing the similarities between the fire pokemon and Issac's pokemon. "Well, maybe just a quick scan, just to show Issac when I see him again..." Razel whispers to the egg on his chest, before unwrapping a arm and bringing it down to fish in his pocket for his pokedex. He takes the dex out of the pocket and quickly scans the pokemon before hearing a wet thump on the deck of the ship. "Eh?!" Razel starts, swiftly turning to the source of the sound, spotting Leena and her assailant before stuffing his dex back into his pocket and rising from the chair. "Rune, let us go see what the problem is, shall we?" Razel tells his pokemon as he walks over to Leena, egg against his chest.

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-19, 02:24 PM
Leena stumbles she she got knocked about. She looks at her assailant.

'Now now, that is no way to behave. If you want to ride the boat, you shall obey the helpful advice I received from Razel and not cause a fuss. Now behave or I shall report you to the captain and have you ejected from the boat.' She gives the Magikarp such a finger wagging ....

Wordplay
2012-10-19, 04:49 PM
'Ah, my apologies'. says Isaac.

'I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Isaac Hill, of Goldenrod'.

Isaac sticks out his hand.

'And this is Tinder, my Cyndaquil'.

D_Man_7733
2012-10-19, 05:53 PM
Isaac,
Pikachu, the electric mouse pokemon, pops up on your 'dex.

"Deal" the boy then looks thoughtful for a moment, "Berries only, no items mid battle though, deal?" As he walks away as an afterthought he turns back to you. "Names Joey by the way, and I should warn you, there is something special about my rattata, just to be fair, you can go first"
[/SPOILER]
{table=head]| A | B | C | D | E | F | G
1 | | | |R| | |
2 | | | | | | |
3 | | | | | | |
4 | | | | | | |
5 | | | | | | |
6 | | | | | | |
7 |O|O|O|O|O|O|O[/table]
R= Rattata

You can release Tinder in any box marked with an O, tinder is up first[/SPOILER]

Donavon,
So much for the map :smalltongue:

The ball quickly connects with the bird, and before it can stop laughing or the Pokedex can identify, it is sucked into the ball. The ball rolls on the grould a bit before a click, and it lies waiting at your feet. With the successful capture, the starly entry pops up in your pokedex.

Starly lvl 4, Female
Normal, Flying
Nature: Impish
Ability: Keen Eye

Stats:
HP: 4
Attack: 6
Defense: 5
Special Attack: 1
Special Defense: 3
Speed: 6
(Nature accounted for, not levels)

Knows: Tackle and Growl

Leena,
The magikarp stops briefly, before continuing to splash, moving towards you as it does so... it doesn't seem to realise it's fruitless efforts.

Razel,
The flaming pokemon turns out to be a Quilava, the evolved form of Cyndaquil.

You see the red fish, flopping about on deck towards Leena, however slowly, as she waves her finger at it, and tells it to behave.

*Give me a wisdom roll for memory*

D_Man_7733
2012-10-19, 07:01 PM
Razel,
You remember from your time around the islands on boats, this fish is likely the magikarp the sailors dubbed "Jack". They say it's because he comes close up to shore, but most trainers don't even pay him any mind, or attempt to capture him, so he gets all riled up and tries to start a fight with the odd one, it usually ends in him being thrown overboard though.

Wordplay
2012-10-19, 07:12 PM
'Nice to meet you Joey. Does your friend have a name?'

Something special about this Ratatta? Hmm.

Isaac releases Tinder at D7.

'Forward and tackle Tinder'.

Tinder shifts to D2 and uses a tackle attack!
Accuracy (Base 3) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

WarGruntw
2012-10-19, 07:37 PM
Razel walks forward, approaching Leena before saying "Ah, looks like ole Jack showed up, eh? Sorry if he caused you any trouble Leena, he gets angered by the fact people ignore him a lot. At least that is what I heard from the sailors. Poor fellow, he is probably just lonely..." before looking down at the Magikarp, a sad glint in his eye. Sighing, Razel reaches down a picks Jack up by the body with one hand, before heading back over to the cabin to get a large bucket of water. "Well, rest here till we decide what to do with you, Jack." Razel tells the magikarp as he puts the pokemon in the bucket.

"Miss Leena, mind if I take the privilege of catching Jack off your hands? Seems a tad bit wrong for a pokemon to be ignored. You are special, aren't ya Jack?" Razel asks, before bending down to pet the magikarp on its spine to help it calm down. His parental instincts towards pokemon had kicked up again, and really could not help himself.

D_Man_7733
2012-10-19, 07:53 PM
Isaac,
The boy looks at you as the battle begins, "It's the only one deserving of being called a real rattata, it's in the top percentage of all..." His speech is cut short, as Tinder slams into the rat, and sends it flying, the rat can barely stand. So Joey returns it admitting defeat. "That was a good hit, so I'll let you off easy this time, but next time, don't expect me to go so easy on ya'... wanna trade phone numbers, I plan to travel around a bit, maybe we can get another battle in sometime?" It's almost as if he believes that he was going easy on you, and he had the upper hand the entire time... but that's not possible is it?

100xp to Tinder

Razel,
Jack seems surprised when you pick him up, and he does struggle, thinking you are taking him to the side of the boat, but he sort of stops and waits when he realises your not. He genuinely looks happy, he sits there and stares at you, the first person to actually care... if fish could cry.

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-19, 08:05 PM
'It does not matter if he is ignored or what, he should follow proper etiquette. Bashing into a lady is not a nice way to get someone's attention.' Leena gives him another finger wagging. 'Razel is a man of the sea, yet he and his friends are courteous and polite. You better follow his example and grow up proper, or we shall be having this conversation again.' She gives Jack a quick pet to show the lecture was over.

D_Man_7733
2012-10-19, 08:08 PM
Leena & Razel,
Jack truly does look a little confused, and ashamed as Leena finishes her lecture, but happy again when she gives him a pat, he also nods to signify him understanding and a loud "KARP" to show how much he likes the attention.

Wordplay
2012-10-19, 08:15 PM
I'd best be careful. Rattata has tremendous potential.

Isaac smiles, and moves to shake the other trainer's hand.

'I'd like that Joey. Unlucky hit I guess. Here's my phone number'.

Isaac reaches down and picks up Tinder, and gives her a hug.

'You were great. That's the way to handle a slugfest - hit 'em hard off the mark with total commitment'.

Tinder Levels to 7. By the way, does the kid pay Isaac the agreed wager?

D_Man_7733
2012-10-19, 08:23 PM
Isaac,
The kid hands over the agreed upon amount, before going down to the ships pokemon centre to get his pokemon healed up.

You do notice Leena and Razel around a bucket off to the side though.

Wordplay
2012-10-19, 08:30 PM
Alright! Looks like we eat tonight! I should never have blown all my poke on that novelty berry.

Isaac wanders over to Leena and Razel.

'Hi guys, what have you got there?'

WarGruntw
2012-10-19, 08:31 PM
Razel smiles at the Magikarp, Rune walking over to peer in the bucket at the pokemon. "Well Rune, looks like we have a new friend. Jack, if you want, you are welcome to join us on our adventure." Razel tells the pokemon around him with a warm smile on his face, before taking out a pokeball with his free hand and presenting it to Jack. "And thanks for the compliments, Miss Leena. I try to act my best when I see a friend, and my parents have always taught me to be kind to a lady. And, ah, I would just like to point out that Jack here may be female also..."

Wordplay
2012-10-19, 08:39 PM
Isaac scans the contents of the bucket.

'Ah, Magikarp. Lucky. Did one of you guys catch it?'

planswalker
2012-10-19, 11:40 PM
Donavon will pick up the ball and grin. His first catch, and it was flawless, too! Just how he'd always envisioned it. He'll call out Cassiopia and have her and Octavius play together in the pool.

D_Man_7733
2012-10-20, 08:36 PM
Magikarp group,
The magikarp, jumps out of the bucket, landing into the pokeball with enough force to make you drop it, then with a satisfying click, Jack joins Razel's team.

Magikarp "jack" , lvl 4, Male
Nature: Proud
Ability: Simple

HP: 3
Atk: 1
Def: 6
Sp. Atk: 1
SP. Def: 2
SPeed: 8
(nature accounted for)

Moves: Splash

Donavon,
Releasing the Starly it's clear that it wasn't expecting to be caught mid-taunt, looking around briefly, before flying up and landing on the pokeball you caught it in, it looks at you a little confused, before landing on Octavious' head. It still seems to be making fun of him, but not openly laughing like before.

You get a few approving nods from the other people on the boat. And without the distraction you now manage to scan a staryu, and a poochyana.

Wordplay
2012-10-20, 08:56 PM
Isaac nods approvingly.

'Nice catch Raz. That's the best way to do it - make a friend, rather than drag some poor mon kicking and screaming into a ball.

Unless of course you're out in the wilderness and you have to use a ball to defend yourself'.

Huh, I can't wait to catch one myself. Still Tinder's doing great, and I've got a egg hatching soon...there's no hurry.

Isaac remembers his parents' advice, catch few, and train them properly, like a responsible trainer. Still, Isaac's earliest memories are of a house full of Pokemon, and it always seemed sad, the way he never got to grow up with any of them...well except Growli...

'You guys should try out the battling on deck. I've just had a go and won my second battle! It's a great way to meet people. I wouldn't mind having another go myself, but I'm a little worried about pushing Tinder too hard - she's still young, and it's been a pretty eventful day for her'.

WarGruntw
2012-10-20, 09:14 PM
Razel reaches down and picks up the pokeball, nodding to Rune before saying out loud "Thanks Issac. This is Jack, the newest edition to my team. And I might go for a quick battle or two. Rune did not get that hurt last fight, and it will need to work off the excess energy from the snack in a bit. And Jack might want to see what a pokemon battle is like." as he gets up and looks around the deck, looking for a trainer that might want to battle him.

Suddenly remembering what had brought him over here in the first place, Razel turns towards Leena with a worried expression before asking "Jack did not hurt you, did he? I was worried before, but now that he is my pokemon, I need to take responsibility for his actions. I am sure that he is sorry himself, especially after your little lecture heh, but I would like to extend my apologies as well." as he bows his head down infront of her, a red glow spreading across his face. In truth, Razel was embarrassed from forgetting about Leena's well being from the start, as soon as he saw Jack.

planswalker
2012-10-20, 11:13 PM
Donavon asks if anyone would like to have a 2 pokemon battle.

Wordplay
2012-10-21, 08:13 AM
'Did either of you see if there was a health spa or something aboard ship? I'd like to get Tinder a massage after the battling she's done today'.

I hope we have enough money...

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-21, 01:11 PM
Leena produces a handkerchief from one of her many pockets on her jacket, and wipes off the water. 'I'm fine. Nothing was wounded but my pride.' Leena decides to listen to Issac's advice and grab a battle so she could pass the time.

'I'm not sure where the spa is, maybe ask Oak?'

WarGruntw
2012-10-21, 01:25 PM
Razel sighs with relief at that statement and picks his head up, a smile growing on his face. "Well, I am sure that Jack is sorry for what he did. So Rune, want to go have a battle? There are quite a few trainers that we could face, and you still look rearing to go." Razel says as he looks through the trainers on deck, hoping to find a good battle partner in one of them, while Rune gives off a exicted "Rooonnnn~". Turning to face Issac and Leena, Razel gives a shrug before strolling towards a nearby battle with Rune pouncing right after him.

D_Man_7733
2012-10-23, 09:52 PM
As you all are about to proceed, a ship wide announcement comes over the PA.
"This is your Captain speaking, everybody please report to your cabins as the ship leaves the dock, we apologise if this interrupts any of your activities for now, we will tell you when you can leave your rooms. Most of the people on deck stop their battles and move to their rooms, it is easy to tell that they are annoyed.

*A wisdom please*

Razel,
This is highly unusual procedure for undocking

planswalker
2012-10-23, 10:32 PM
[roll0]

Donavon will recall his birds and head back to his cabin.

Wordplay
2012-10-24, 03:24 AM
WIS: [roll0]

WarGruntw
2012-10-24, 04:46 AM
"Well...that is most strange. I hope everything is alright with the ship. I do believe this is the only time I have every heard of a captain calling all passengers back to their cabins..." Razel mumbles to himself, pulling out a pokeball and gathering his party before heading towards the cabin area.

[roll0]

Wordplay
2012-10-24, 08:32 AM
A look of concern crosses Isaac's face at Razel's words.

'Huh? Strange Razel? I don't like the sound of that. I hope we're not running into a school of water pokemon or something. Do you and Leena want to come back and wait in my cabin? Might be best to stick together'.

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-24, 10:41 AM
Strange? That meant that something was up. Maybe an international criminal was aboard, and they were telling people to get inside to stay out the road while they arrested them. Maybe the ship was sinking and the crew wanted all the life boats, and were planning on leaving the passengers behind. Maybe the cult of Arceus had followed them aboard after they talked to Bryce. Or maybe .... just maybe ... they were about to be attacked by a Sea Monster!

Well, if they had legends of a single Magikarp, what else was out there? Leena had collected a lot of data on pokemon, even pokemon she didn't believe in. One thing she noticed was that there were a lot of powerful pokemon rumored to live out at sea. Everything from the Red Gyrados to the legendary MissingNo, which was rumored to be near Cinnibar coast.

'Hmmmm....' Her scientific mind told her it would be better to risk it and stay to see what was going on, but the small small part of her brain that was still rational told her it was better to be safe in numbers. What good could seeing a rare pokemon do if she didn't live to publish it? Maybe another time when she was stronger. 'Lead the way Issac.'

Wordplay
2012-10-24, 04:29 PM
Isaac leads the others back to his cabin, passing by the pool on the way to see if they can pick up Donovan.

planswalker
2012-10-24, 07:39 PM
They indeed can, who joins them gladly.

Wordplay
2012-10-24, 08:06 PM
With everyone gathered in Isaac's cabin, Isaac sits on the bed, and puts Tinder down next to him.

'Hey Donovan, Razel just made his first capture! A magikarp - I guess that's the first one for the group'.

'Well, while we're waiting, what do you guys think about Bryce's....mission, I suppose'. Isaac looks a little perturbed.

'Leena, you wrote those articles in the newspaper about the cult of Arceus, and Bryce seemed to agree with you that the Theology teacher was a cultist. So, I guess I was wondering, what do you know, and what have you found out? Personally, I thought the cult, if it existed, was just a bit of a joke'.

Isaac thinks back to Oak's comments about Tyranitar.

'But I've been wrong before. I'm trying to keep an open mind here...'

planswalker
2012-10-24, 08:20 PM
"Don't know about first capture." He calls out Cassiopia, his starly. "Caught her in one throw uninjured."

D_Man_7733
2012-10-24, 08:20 PM
Razel & Donavon
Although he seems to be trying to hide it, the captain is clearly nervous, the space between him turning on and off the PA before and after talking was too long for it to be normal circumstances

After being in Isaac's room for about five minutes, you begin to hear a *click* from down the hall accompanied by a voice. "Don't worry, just safety protocol, do not open the door until I come back" The room being empty because you all are in Isaac's. They proceed to repeat this along the hall.

*He has not yet reached your door*

planswalker
2012-10-24, 08:32 PM
Unsure what to make of it for now, Donavon will hold still and silent.

Wordplay
2012-10-24, 08:34 PM
A second capture, already? I take my eyes off him for a second. I'm going to have to work hard to keep up, my worthy rival.

Isaac smiles.

'Neat, congratulations Donovan. What is it?'

Then, as they hear the sound of the man coming down the hall, Isaac looks about, and whispers

'I've got a bad feeling about this...what do you guys think?'

planswalker
2012-10-24, 08:38 PM
"My 'dex calls it a starly, a pretty typical bird pokemon. Still, most pokemon have quite a bit of potential behind them."

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-24, 08:40 PM
Leena slips the plastic covering for her batteries off of her camera and slips itt in the gap of the door, so the bolt can't lock them in. She wanted to see the Sea Monster.

'If what I've heared from the other Missing Numbers is true, they are dangerous group beyond belief. BlueRedYaoi says they are a group of 17 powerful trainers, with hundreds of subordinates. PikaPika76 insists they are the group behind groups like Rocket and Plasma, while SabrinaIsMyWaifu said they are the ones who researched the Shadow Pokemon. Personally, I think they are an offshoot branch of the Church of Arceus, based in Sinnoh. Probably a paramilitary group designed to fight in any underground holy wars, but they became corrupt. Probably found out some sort of secret ritual to control Arceus or something. But even I'm forced to admit, this is nothing more than conjecture.'While Leena had very few IRL friends (even her Eevee got annoyed of her) she had a good circle of fellow crazies on the web to chat to.

'The lack of evidence on the group makes most believe they are a conspiracy theory and nothing more. But I think Bryce's attitude proves otherwise.'

Wordplay
2012-10-24, 09:13 PM
'That's a Normal/Flying type isn't it? Don't sell it short, those things can do real damage, and they level well. I've heard stories about Falkner...maybe some other time'

Isaac listens to Leena.

Could this really be true? Could those nuts in Sinnoh really have a militant wing? Those are...strange names.

'Erm, sorry, who or what are the Missing Numbers?'

planswalker
2012-10-24, 09:18 PM
"Aye, there is potential, though hardly is a normal/flying three stage pokemon an uncommon sight. Doesn't make them any less powerful, just not very rare."

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-24, 09:50 PM
'Ahem' Leena clears her throat when asked about her group.

'The missing numbers are a small elite group of scientists who are researching into the missing pokemon, the Legendary MissingNo, also known to some plebians as Lugia. While finding and studying MissingNo and it's effects are our key goal, we also take a keen interest in the underbelly of the pokemon scientific community. It is from the Missing Numbers that I started my study on the new pokedex and it's discrepancies, as you seen from my chat with Professor Oak it's a valid field of study. Since we believe the Cult of Arceus is responsible for MissingNo being excluded from the pokedex and replaced by this so-called 'Lugia' creature, we consider them the enemy.'

'Leena Brown, Missing Number 7, aka GhastlyEyes.'

D_Man_7733
2012-10-24, 11:07 PM
As you continue talking the man approaches your door and locks it, hearing the *click* "Don't worry, just protocole, I'll tell you when to unlock the door."

He continues on for a while, getting moor distant as he goes on.

*The door is unlocked*

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-25, 03:53 AM
Leena removes the plastic part and fixes her battery casing.

'Shall we go see what's going on?' she asks, arching an eyebrow.

planswalker
2012-10-25, 07:52 AM
"Sure!" Donavon says enthusiastically.

Wordplay
2012-10-25, 01:40 PM
'I think so'. Isaac agrees.

He walks over to the door, opens it cautiously, and looks about.

WIS [roll0]

WarGruntw
2012-10-25, 02:53 PM
"We should probably head to the control center on the ship. The captain seemed...unusual when speaking on the intercom. We should go see if anything is wrong with the crew up there. I personally do not want to be on a boat piloted by a distressed captain and crew." Razel tells the group, moving beside Issac before taking Rune's pokeball out. "And, I think it will be for the best if we keep our pokemon handy. No telling what might happen out there..."

D_Man_7733
2012-10-25, 06:22 PM
As you look outside the door you notice the man is in an entirely blue suit and pants combo, although his head is bald you notice a scar coming down from the top of his head. He is going across to all doors except professor Oak's, only knocking and telling him that the lock on his door doesn't work, but he'll be back to make sure he is okay.

Looking to in the other direction, the door is open and you can't see anyone else down the hall. The man doesn't seem to notice your door being open and unlocked.

Wordplay
2012-10-25, 06:43 PM
Isaac creeps out of the door, and starts heading in the opposite direction to the bald man. Isaac's wearing his pack with his egg and equipment. Tinder's sitting in the top of the pack, peeking out. Isaac beckons the others out, and heads down the corridor, trying not to make any noise.

WarGruntw
2012-10-25, 06:46 PM
Razel looks behind him to the others, nodding his head at them before creeping out behind Issac, waiting a few seconds to give them enough time to have some space between them. Grasping Rune's pokeball tightly with his right hand and feeling the warmth of his egg coming from his backpack, Razel slinks along the doorways, hiding in them whenever he can to provide extra cover while following Issac.

Wordplay
2012-10-25, 06:52 PM
Isaac heads for the wheelhouse, creeping along carefully.

D_Man_7733
2012-10-25, 08:04 PM
Isaac & Razel,
Just as both of you make it behind the doors you are presented by stairs going up and down, the most direct route to the wheelhouse would probably be through the deck, but with Razel's experience on boats, you could also go through engineering or a lower deck. While you are making a decision you notice that the footsteps you were hearing stop briefly and can hear them getting closer.

Leena & Donavon,
Before you two manage to get out of the room, you stop hearing the mans footsteps, as you can see him bar the door on the other end of the room and turn begin to turn around, checking out some of the portholes raising his hand, making a shape with it. Before he proceeds to continue down the hall back towards the door.

*There is sufficient time to act while he is looking outside the boat*

Wordplay
2012-10-25, 08:42 PM
Isaac whispers 'I don't like this Raz. Something's very wrong',

Then Isaac puts down Tinder and whispers.

'Get ready. If I say run, then run and don't look back. Find the Professor'.

planswalker
2012-10-25, 09:40 PM
so, apparently our characters just sat on their hands while the people who were online got to act?

Donavon will shut the door again.

WarGruntw
2012-10-26, 11:03 PM
Razel nods before glancing over his shoulder, looking back at the man walking the halls. "There is something wrong" Razel agrees as he turns around to face Issac, "but I think we should split up. I will head down to the engine room, and you can head up to the wheel house. Set our poke'gears on vibrate so we can message each other when we need to return." Razel then sets his gear on vibrate before slowly heading down the staircase.

Wordplay
2012-10-27, 02:34 AM
'No chance'. replies Isaac.

'I agree something's wrong, but I think we should stick together. It's bad enough that we're apart from Leena and Don'.

Isaac follows Razel to the engine room.

'Don't suppose any of us have the Professor's number to warn him?'

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-27, 04:47 PM
'So, ... what now?' Leena looks to see if the window was a viable plan to escape the room.

planswalker
2012-10-27, 07:59 PM
"Well, uhm... uh..." Donavon was pretty sure that the first idea that popped in his head wasn't appropriate to the current situation.

"He'll probably leave in a little bit?"

WarGruntw
2012-10-28, 09:12 PM
Razel nods as Issac follows him, before pulling out his pokegear. Typing a quick message, Razel hits a button on it before replacing the gear back in his pocket. "Well then, let us go and see the engine room. I have a feeling that something may have happened down there. That is the only reason why I could think the captain would be acting this strange." Razel whispers to Issac, before creeping down the stairs, checking to make sure the footsteps do not start up on the same flight of stairs as him.

The message, sent to Dovavon, reads: "Stairs. Go up to wheelhouse. We went down. Will create distraction if needed. Use silent pokegears to communicate."

D_Man_7733
2012-10-28, 09:21 PM
As everyone is about to begin moving, the man stops walking a little down from the room, he begins speaking into his watch.

"OK, I've got him, he's just in his room right here, the proffessor will come with us one way or another... I'm waiting for your cue" the watch stays silent for a moment, before a voice can be heard from it. "OK, we'll give you the mark, you'll know when to get him.

Leena
From the window it looks into open water, unless you could stick to the side of the boat it would be a high drop into the water... that seems to be darker than usual.

planswalker
2012-10-28, 10:20 PM
Upon hearing that, Donavon loses his cool and throws the door open, Cassiopia following him.

"How dare you!" He says, motioning for Cassie to attack him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2012-10-30, 05:26 AM
'What? Are we fighting? We're fighting, aren't we?' Leena follows Donovan's example and has Fox attack as well.

tackle: [roll0], ac 3 + def
[roll1]

Wordplay
2012-10-30, 05:22 PM
Isaac gets out his gear and quickly texts Joey.

- Hey, something's up - the doors aren't locked and the crew are away - see if you can get some other trainers together and find the Captain.