PDA

View Full Version : Team Rocket: How the Muk are They Still Alive?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Arcran
2012-11-28, 07:02 PM
Romeo sends out Luna again. 'Time to do your thing little lady, and cut our friends out of there.'

'Ghost and Dark moves to bust it open guys.'

for the crit: [roll0]
[roll1]

With precision aim, Luna fades out of the spectrum, reappearing coated in dark energy to smash straight through the Ghost Sphere, dropping Ethan on the ground.

"Off to help, then! Can I borrow your gun?"
Soon as someone tosses him one, he runs to the door, taking cover on the other side and taking a quick look in.
"Sorry about this, I know you guys'll likely beat my ass if we live. Just not the head too much, okay? They've been concentrating on that a lot."

As you run outside the hail of bullets almost makes you quite literally lose your head. You can see the three of them hiding in cover, occasionally firing over their shoulder.

"What's your plan?" Mark shouts, sliding his gun to you.

Ethan freed, Romeo directs Luna to Jessica. "Luna, I know it's probably nasty, but Lick the shadows around Jessica." The Teddiursa looks at her trainer confused, but does as asked.
Lick
Ghost, Physical
AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
If Crit: [roll2]

1. Don't assume something happened without conformation from me.
2. Let's just say this post never happened.

Something heavy...use something heavy...

Paul hefts one of the rocks broken up by Willy's Bulldoze, and attempts to smash through the barrier with it. If that doesn't work, he looks for the nearest enemy corpse to attempt to toss through the barrier.

As you throw a rock into the sphere, it simply bounces off, doing absolutely nothing. And you had thrown it hard.

Ethan
You see a small brown shape approach your sphere. A second later it falls to the ground, leaving you to drop unceremoniously to the ground.

Eshkigal
2012-11-28, 07:33 PM
"I dunno yet, give me a few seconds, there might be a concussion or two!"
Gerald takes a quick look around for things near them, and fires a quick couple shots over the barrier while taking a quick glance over.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]-assuming not type shifted ammo
[roll3]-assuming not type shifted ammo
"Do we have bombs too?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-28, 08:19 PM
Well that was pleasant. Please, for the love of Science, tell me that my allies freed me and I'm not in for some new kind of torture. Ethan slowly climbs to his feet, using a wall for support, trying to make out the blurred shapes around him.

Arcran
2012-11-29, 12:26 AM
"I dunno yet, give me a few seconds, there might be a concussion or two!"
Gerald takes a quick look around for things near them, and fires a quick couple shots over the barrier while taking a quick glance over.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]-assuming not type shifted ammo
[roll3]-assuming not type shifted ammo
"Do we have bombs too?"

You manage to drill one man in the chest, dropping him.

"Yes, of course! We also have a nuke whenever you feel like using it!" Mark almost shouts, a little pissed off. A look at his back reveals he is almost out of bolts.

"No, we don't have bombs, if that wasn't inherently clear. We're a little busy just keeping these guys back."

And you can tell that they are. There are thirty, fourty? Maybe fifty? heavily armed guards keeping you pinned down with heavy fire. You can see one reloading a rocket launcher. You see the turret on a tank slowly turning towards you; that is obviously bad. Very bad.

Small squads are slowly advancing towards you. Small green Pokemon move in front of them, laying down screens of energy that make your bullets far less effective. You can see Mark's Lairon fighting with some sort of large Water Pokemon. It's holding it's own, but getting slowly driven back.

You get the sudden urge to duck. Fortunately for you, a massive sniper bullet whizzes by right where your head was. In addition to the literal army below, there is a sniper squad of four or five people above.

"Cover me," Mark says, running to the left, diving into a new set of cover.

As for resources, you don't have much. There are assorted boxes around you, but you doubt you could open one without ruining your cover. There is a small ATV nearby, but it's just far enough away that you'd have to sacrifice cover for it. You can see the jets across the clearing, but with a closer look at what Romeo said were bombs, you don't think they are. Too many flashy lights, the wrong shape, and everything else point towards it being another device.

As you continue to search for something useful, you see one thing; a guard, laying by the door, deep claw marks in his armor. You'd missed him on your way in, but you can clearly see a rifle, a real one!, that you could easily use to shoot a little bit further that with your SMG. He also has a few flash bangs on his belt and something that looks like a smoke bomb.

Well that was pleasant. Please, for the love of Science, tell me that my allies freed me and I'm not in for some new kind of torture. Ethan slowly climbs to his feet, using a wall for support, trying to make out the blurred shapes around him.

You can just barely make out the shapes of your allies.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-29, 12:30 AM
Oh thank Science. Please tell me you guys got our gear back? Someone give me my bag and my arm please? This is annoying enough, not being able to see is just a nuisance.

hustlertwo
2012-11-29, 07:13 AM
Paul glares at the barriers and looks to Gerald.

Hey, headhunter: I'm officially out of ideas. Or, well, idea. How about I go help Marky Mark with the bumlickers and you come over here and think on how to bust up the barrier? And are we trying to get through these guys, or avoid them? If the latter, Romeo needs to get Willy back on her feet, and we can big boom this doorway to slow 'em down.

Eshkigal
2012-11-29, 09:45 AM
Gerald's long gone, a trail of blood leading to the doors.
Hm...Distraction first.
"Just checking! Found some, but this is going to get tricky!"
With that, he grips the SMG in his teeth, before going for the corpse. He grabs a couple flashbangs close to each other, sticking them in a pocket for now. He then hauls the corpse up to a leaning position to duck behind to act as improv shielding if he can't get back behind cover.
(Let me know if I need any rolls)

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-29, 01:21 PM
'Paul, use Buck and faint attack on the barriers.' Romeo grabs Ethan and pulls him up with his gauntleted hand. 'Here, got your stuff and your pokemon. Garb Arte and drag get her out of here. We are escaping with Mark and the others.'

Luna starts to lick at the barrier surrounding Jessica, hoping to take it away.

[roll0]
[roll1] ghost physical

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-29, 02:28 PM
Ethan rifles through his bag for the small black case he always carried. Pulling it out, he opens it and dons his spare glasse (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PIVrMMgHtYk/S__1h8or-TI/AAAAAAAAAVg/GOioM4AW-qM/s1600/nerd-glasses.jpg)s. Much better. Now. Grabbing Ollie and Mjolnir's balls, he releases them. Whats going on and whats the plan?

Arcran
2012-11-29, 09:44 PM
Gerald's long gone, a trail of blood leading to the doors.
Hm...Distraction first.
"Just checking! Found some, but this is going to get tricky!"
With that, he grips the SMG in his teeth, before going for the corpse. He grabs a couple flashbangs close to each other, sticking them in a pocket for now. He then hauls the corpse up to a leaning position to duck behind to act as improv shielding if he can't get back behind cover.
(Let me know if I need any rolls)

The body doesn't provide a perfect shield; the snipers up above shoot at you as you run. One wastes his shot as you try to dash towards the body, clipping the ground next to you. The rest wait. One fires, somehow missing you and the body entirely. Another fires but between the body's armor and bulk it somehow stops the bullet. The last fires on you, catching you in the stomach, your blood mixing with that of your lumpy shield.

'Paul, use Buck and faint attack on the barriers.' Romeo grabs Ethan and pulls him up with his gauntleted hand. 'Here, got your stuff and your pokemon. Garb Arte and drag get her out of here. We are escaping with Mark and the others.'

Luna starts to lick at the barrier surrounding Jessica, hoping to take it away.

[roll0]
[roll1] ghost physical

Luna's tongue rapidly dissolves the barrier around Jessica, dropping her to the ground, barely conscious. Taylor is the only one still in a sphere.

Eshkigal
2012-11-29, 10:11 PM
Gerald grunts as the bullet pierces his flesh, just another distraction. He shoves the guy off before rushing back to cover. He takes his SMG in hand and aims for the goons, hoping for quantity over quality this time with some blind fire.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

hustlertwo
2012-11-30, 07:29 AM
Paul shrugs and does so, having his Scraggy bust through the remaining barriers with his no-fail attack to save the likely ungrateful Taylor.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-30, 12:06 PM
Ethan remembers something he heard the now-deceased Anni said. He riffles through his pockets and his bag for that green orb he collected earlier from the Steelupi.

Arcran
2012-11-30, 07:28 PM
Gerald grunts as the bullet pierces his flesh, just another distraction. He shoves the guy off before rushing back to cover. He takes his SMG in hand and aims for the goons, hoping for quantity over quality this time with some blind fire.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Your spray seems to have a positive effect; while you don't hit anything, you force the snipers to take cover for a second, forcing their shots to be off target. You safely make it back to cover.

Paul shrugs and does so, having his Scraggy bust through the remaining barriers with his no-fail attack to save the likely ungrateful Taylor.

Taylor is dropped on the ground as well, barely conscious like her companion.

Ethan remembers something he heard the now-deceased Anni said. He riffles through his pockets and his bag for that green orb he collected earlier from the Steelupi.

As you pull the orb out, you at first don't notice anything particularly new. However, as you turn it for a quick inspection, you notice that a very faint glow stays constantly pointed towards the hangar. That side is consistently barely luminescent.

All
Jessica slowly staggers to her feet, looking sick.

"Do we have a plan?"

Eshkigal
2012-12-01, 04:57 PM
"Only four snipers! James, see if you can clear the sky, Isaac, keep people off him! Mark, help who you can!"
As for Gerald, he goes to the side of cover and fires around it at the water mon, before ducking back.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-01, 05:50 PM
That can't be good. Plan? Heres the plan. We leave and find a different escape route. Numbers are not our strong suit. Jess, can you muster calling the guys back in here telepathically? We need to move and not split up. Paul, carry Arte. Now is not the time for petty grudges. Romeo what's down this hallway? Are there any routes besides out there? Ethan keeps the orb out, making sure to note if the glow changes at all.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-01, 07:54 PM
'That end sort of caved in. Sorry, we got a little carried away' he jokes. Now might not be the best time for jokes, but Romeo always tried to lower the tension when he could. 'Let me give you a HAND.' He takes off the gauntlet and gives it back to Ethan, with a goofy look on his face.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-01, 08:04 PM
With a deadpan stare, Ethan takes his gauntlet and reattaches it. He'd run diagnostics later. Well then, anyone have bright idea to not turn into swiss cheese?

hustlertwo
2012-12-01, 09:18 PM
My suggestion is what it was a moment ago: heal up Willy so she can do a big boom to try and seal off this area. I don't think we can get out that way, however much we may want to. Then we look for alternate routes.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-01, 09:37 PM
Romeo just sighs. 'How about a miracle? Would that do better?' He reaches in and pulls out the feather. 'EVERYONE, GATHER BY ME. I'LL GET US OUT OF HERE.'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-01, 09:46 PM
Ethan stares at the poor man and gets closer. Why are you holding a feather over your head?

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-01, 10:10 PM
He sent a quick prayer to Cresselia, asking for her deliverance for all these souls in need. She wouldn't lethim down. For he had faith.

Romeo throws open his coat and lets it billow in the wind. White coats were badass, as he's learned from reading Doctor McNinja.

'I, Alan Romeo Versa of Lavander, am the Knight of the Crescent Lady. We have slain the champion of darkness. Tremble at her wrath. I shall walk in the shade to fight the darkness. I am the Herald of Team Rocket. I am the hero of Love and Justice, and I SHALL STOP YOU!' He shouts the last part with such force, his throat hurt.

He stuck the feather skyward in 2 hands, ripping the pose right out of He-Man. 'For I am Romeo, Champion of Cresselia!'

Arcran
2012-12-01, 10:54 PM
"Only four snipers! James, see if you can clear the sky, Isaac, keep people off him! Mark, help who you can!"
As for Gerald, he goes to the side of cover and fires around it at the water mon, before ducking back.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Your shots hit the Water Pokemon. While they don't seem to do considerable damage, it distracts it long enough for the Lairon to spin around, heavy iron tail connecting with the Pokemon, knocking it across the room.

Get in here, you hear in your mind. The man whore thinks he has a plan. With some urging Mark and the twins rush in, James spraying the ceiling and forcing the snipers to duck down or risk being shot. As you turn to dash for the doorway, SMG still firmly clenched in your teeth, you heat the thrust of engines behind you. A quick look back reveals two jets taking off, strange devices strapped to the bottom. Others are still being loaded with the glowing device. They quickly fly out of the hangar, disappearing as they rapidly accelerate. You can only look back in horror as the tank's cannon slowly spins towards the doorway, aimed straight at the party.

That can't be good. Plan? Heres the plan. We leave and find a different escape route. Numbers are not our strong suit. Jess, can you muster calling the guys back in here telepathically? We need to move and not split up. Paul, carry Arte. Now is not the time for petty grudges. Romeo what's down this hallway? Are there any routes besides out there? Ethan keeps the orb out, making sure to note if the glow changes at all.

Jessica swoons, almost falling over, but looks back to you.

"It's done."

Romeo just sighs. 'How about a miracle? Would that do better?' He reaches in and pulls out the feather. 'EVERYONE, GATHER BY ME. I'LL GET US OUT OF HERE.'

It takes a little help to get the barely conscious Jessica and Taylor in with the rest of the party. Mark and the twins soon come rushing into the impropmtu huddle as well with Gerald close behind.

He sent a quick prayer to Cresselia, asking for her deliverance for all these souls in need. She wouldn't lethim down. For he had faith.

Romeo throws open his coat and lets it billow in the wind. White coats were badass, as he's learned from reading Doctor McNinja.

'I, Alan Romeo Versa of Lavander, am the Knight of the Crescent Lady. We have slain the champion of darkness. Tremble at her wrath. I shall walk in the shade to fight the darkness. I am the Herald of Team Rocket. I am the hero of Love and Justice, and I SHALL STOP YOU!' He shouts the last part with such force, his throat hurt.

He stuck the feather skyward in 2 hands, ripping the pose right out of He-Man. 'For I am Romeo, Champion of Cresselia!'

As Romeo gives his dramatic speech, the tank turret slowly turns towards the doorway, aimed straight at the party. A massive rumble also almost obscures pieces, but Romeo's shout tears it apart. While it is not wind pushing back his coat, the massive burst of air put out as the jets engine's power up more than makes up for it.

Inside the room, you can see men rushing towards the door, taking cover behind boxes. Time seems to temporarily slow. A burst of flames erupts from the muzzle of the turret as Romeo tears the feather. You can see the shell spiraling towards the party. You all wince as you wait for the inevitable...

With a resounding boom the tank round explodes. Surprisingly, you all still find yourself in one piece. In front of you floats a mostly translucent creature pink in hue. Long wings attached to its back are wrapped in front of it as some sort of shield. It's head has streaks of gold in it; you can just make out a head shaped like a crescent moon. The creature seems immaterial, as if it isn't even there, although the fact that it stopped a tank shot would suggest otherwise.

Call my name and I shall come.

The sounds of dozens of guns firing and even the launching of a rocket seem disjointed without the visible aid to accompany it. You can't see past the haze of smoke and dust from the blast. Eventually the shooting stops and you can just make out questioning murmurs.

Slowly the dust clears, revealing your guardian angel to the men outside. In front of the creature sits a veritable wall of bullets, suspended in midair, inches from the astral creature. There is even a rocket and a handful of grenades. Assorted curses resound as the men see the horrifying sight as they dive for cover.

The creature's wings spread wide, stretching across the doorway. With a powerful WOOSH they rocket forward. A supersonic crack accompanies it as the wall of bullets flies forward. Men, terrified looks on their faces, literally explode into a pink haze, dozens of bullets hitting them with the singular force of a rushing train. The grenades and rocket fly forward with similar force, devastating the vehicles of the hangar, except for a singular jet shielded by a pink shield, remaining perfectly intact.

Across the hangar, previously occupied by an armada of vehicles and a small army of men there are now pink smears across the ground and the devastated wreckage of what once were premium vehicles.

The projection slowly turns, materializing into a more humanoid shape before becoming almost solid. A beautiful woman, a good foot taller than any of you with long blonde hair billowing down her back looks towards you. Her otherworldly beauty robs even Gerald of a sarcastic remark at the wreckage. She slowly strides towards Romeo, putting a hand on his shoulder. A slight tingle accompanies the touch, but whether it is from her otherworldly origin or her beauty is unknown.

Romeo, Romeo, oh my Romeo, she says approvingly, looking straight at him. You have served me well. The Servant of Shadows is dead, she says, turning towards the decapitated corpse of Anni, a disturbing grin crossing her face before returning to that beautiful smile. But alas, your duty is not yet done. Two jets, remnants of his dark plot, are rushing towards Saffron as we speak. We have not time to waste, she says, striding towards Romeo and Gerald. She touches each on the forehead, a pink spark emanating between her finger and the forehead.

Take the last jet. These two have the skill to fly it, and fly it better than their pilots. Go. Shoot down the jets and stop his plan before it can come to fruition.

She then turns to the group as a whole.

Companions of My Chosen, protect this man with your life. Go end this dark plot and save Saffron from the plots put forward by this Servant of Shadows. My power is spent, she says, slowly fading. Go, and may My speed be with you, she says, fading almost completely away. As she fades, a message goes to each of you individually.

Romeo
Chosen, if you succeed in this endeavor, call on me. I will speak with you. May your endeavor be successful and your flight be swift, she says in a whisper before fully disappearing.

Ethan
Warrior of the Mind, trust your instinct. You know all you need to to make that jet fly swifter than you ever imagined. Just let your hands take over without the shackling control of the mind. And if all seems dark, remember. You have a tool stronger than any missile sitting at your very hip. Do not let your past loss block your mind from this one, she says in a whisper before fully disappearing.

Paul
Warrior of the Past, do not halt in your quest. Continue on your way. Your road leads down the path to redemption, and the return of an old friend. Trust in your allies; they know the way. You are the one to uncover ancient powers. If you stop the jets, a grand destiny lies in wait for you, she says in a whisper before fully disappearing.

Gerald
Warrior of the Shadows, your way is the darkest and the most shrouded. You will commit atrocities. You will kill. But it will all be for the best. However far you find yourself falling in the path of shadows, do not yield to it. Do not become HIS servant. Take up the knife of HIS chosen. By mastering it your shall master yourself. Use not your hand though; it will destroy you now. Go, and may you find success in your endeavors, she says in a whisper before fully disappearing.

Artemis
Warrior of the Storms, Mistress of My Chosen, she says, with perhaps the slightest hint of disapproval, Your time for greatness is yet to come. Your allies do not yet know your true strength; they will learn it in time. Trust the path you are sent on and do not stray. You will be tempted, perhaps more strongly than the others. Let your resolution stand firm and do not waiver. Stop the rocket. You may find you have new powers to aid your plight, she says in a whisper before fully disappearing.

You all stand in shocked silence. As she spoke, you didn't even notice Artemis stand up, apparently healed completely. In fact, you all feel as if you had rested for a week; you feel no pain, none of the hurts you felt before. Even Gerald's arm, plugged up to the point of not being useable, seems to have been fixed. The pink haze slowly disappearing around your Pokeballs would suggest they have been healed as well. With all that was going on, you didn't even notice.

And you all gain a TL for your divine encounter. Don't worry; this isn't the drop for this entire thing. Not yet. Esh, you also get your restat.

Mark lets out a low whistle.

"That's a new one."

The rest of the party simply stands there, shocked.

hustlertwo
2012-12-01, 10:54 PM
Paul gives the breeder a wary eye. Uh...is this some sort of side effect from that STD you got from our resident psycho psychic, Romeo?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-01, 11:07 PM
What the....? No time for questions, explanations later. Let's move! Whatever that was, she left us a plane, and I'm not gonna let a gift go to waste, lets move it! Ethan starts in a dead sprint to the sole jet. He forced his own curiosity down. Now was not the time to overthink. Now was the time to act.

Eshkigal
2012-12-01, 11:26 PM
Gerald stays quiet, and nods. He sends Sparky out to inhabit her normal spot, before holding up a hand.
"I'll be right there. Just a moment."
He kneels beside the dagger, looking at where it had burnt him before. This time, he goes with his fake one, grabbing the handle and looking at it.
My soul is yours, Cresselia. No matter where I go, I shall hold onto your touch dearly.
If it doesn't harm him, he tucks it in the toolbox with it's previous owner's head before standing up.
"Come on, that thing can't be good for anyone. We have planes to take down!"
He sprints towards the jet, heading towards the cockpit.

hustlertwo
2012-12-01, 11:44 PM
Huh. That was new.

Paul stands in shock for a moment at the unexpected bit of semi-divine intervention, then snaps back to the here and now as he sees the team hustling to the jet. He returns the unconscious Willy, calls his other mon to him and prepares to go, then remembers his furry friends and attempts to communicate with Big Brown, the Rattata he had been in touch with earlier.

We have to leave very soon, sport. If you want to come with us, I will take all of you somewhere where you can make a new home. If you do not want that, you can still have your freedom. Just wait until we leave and scamper out the door to this hangar; no one should be left to stop you now. You will have to speak for you kind, my hirsute friend, and speak fast: go with me, or be free into the wild?

Esprit15
2012-12-02, 12:05 AM
As Cessellia speaks to her, she slightly blushes internally at the goddess's disapproval. Sabrina didn't like her with Romeo, Romeo's patron god apparently didn't like her with Romeo... But she listens without response. If this being was the one who aided Romeo and altered Elly, it must have been trying to help at least, and it was best to stay on the good side of a goddess. Heard enough stories about those who didn't...

Artemis stirs and blinks several times before pushing herself up. Aquilla gives a (quiet) squawk as she gets up, happy his trainer is okay but not wanting to disturb the goddess. More awake, she suddenly goes for her wounds that she remembered. Huh, gone. Barely a scar, even on the chest injury. Breathing. That's what was important. Breathing, still alive.

And conscious, but still stuff to do. But she felt better. Renewed. Her words are slightly slurred for a second as she fully wakes up. "Donc, quet ji... *AHEM* So, what did I miss?" She looks down at her loyal Rufflet, covered in blood that did not appear to be his own. And what on earth is this fro- Anni's head is then spotted in Gerald's grasp, bloodied and scratched up. Aquilla puffs out his little chest and gives a chirp. Wait, you- No, later.

The Psychic follows the team as they head to the plane. "Who the Void saved our asses in the fight? I owe them one."

Eshkigal
2012-12-02, 12:15 AM
"We managed to kill the Bidoofmuker on our own. Then...well, then She saved us from the small army and the tank."

Esprit15
2012-12-02, 01:05 AM
So they did. Aquilla probably just got some payback. He's a good bird. Well I suppose if you are listening, I owe you a thanks. Not sure what more a deity desires than belief, but you got it.

"A tank. Well then, maybe it was a good thing I was out then." She smiles, actually. It didn't matter that she had gone down, actually. She hadn't felt this good in months. She felt...light, actually. A tailwind breeze follows her as she almost skips to the plane, and Aquilla flies right by her side. The Rufflet chirps. Yay, she was happy again!

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-02, 09:18 AM
Romeo also rushes to the plane, but makes sure everyone else is in before entering.

'Ethan, since you'll be busy flying, can I borrow your phone?' Without getting confirmation, Romeo starts to rummage through Ethan's things till he finds the phone and punches in the number on the card the boss lady had given them. Silph Co. needed warning.

Arcran
2012-12-02, 11:19 AM
Romeo also rushes to the plane, but makes sure everyone else is in before entering.

'Ethan, since you'll be busy flying, can I borrow your phone?' Without getting confirmation, Romeo starts to rummage through Ethan's things till he finds the phone and punches in the number on the card the boss lady had given them. Silph Co. needed warning.

You quickly punch the number on the card in but are greeted by an error message. Seems the boss lady has gotten a new phone.

Huh. That was new.

Paul stands in shock for a moment at the unexpected bit of semi-divine intervention, then snaps back to the here and now as he sees the team hustling to the jet. He returns the unconscious Willy, calls his other mon to him and prepares to go, then remembers his furry friends and attempts to communicate with Big Brown, the Rattata he had been in touch with earlier.

We have to leave very soon, sport. If you want to come with us, I will take all of you somewhere where you can make a new home. If you do not want that, you can still have your freedom. Just wait until we leave and scamper out the door to this hangar; no one should be left to stop you now. You will have to speak for you kind, my hirsute friend, and speak fast: go with me, or be free into the wild?

The Rattata, surprisingly, dash after you, Speck and Big Brown leading the charge.

Gerald stays quiet, and nods. He sends Sparky out to inhabit her normal spot, before holding up a hand.
"I'll be right there. Just a moment."
He kneels beside the dagger, looking at where it had burnt him before. This time, he goes with his fake one, grabbing the handle and looking at it.
My soul is yours, Cresselia. No matter where I go, I shall hold onto your touch dearly.
If it doesn't harm him, he tucks it in the toolbox with it's previous owner's head before standing up.
"Come on, that thing can't be good for anyone. We have planes to take down!"
He sprints towards the jet, heading towards the cockpit.

You manage to pick up the knife without singing your hand off, but as you do so you feel a faint presence in the back of your mind.

What the....? No time for questions, explanations later. Let's move! Whatever that was, she left us a plane, and I'm not gonna let a gift go to waste, lets move it! Ethan starts in a dead sprint to the sole jet. He forced his own curiosity down. Now was not the time to overthink. Now was the time to act.

In the Plane

As the party dashes across the wrecked hangar, a small section of the ceiling collapses, barley missing you. When you reach the ship, you hop in quickly. Gerald and Ethan get into the pilot seats with little protest while the rest of you cram into the back. There are a surprising number of passenger seats; eight in fact. That being said, it barely fits you. Between Paul, Artemis, Romeo, Jessica, Taylor, Mark, Isaac, James, John, and the two stupid kids, as well whatever Pokemon you have out people are sharing seats and sitting on each others laps. The inside is hot and stuffy due to the massive army of people crammed inside. Outside the cockpit it is a simple extension of the cover and plastic chairs, but inside there are switches and lights everywhere.

Ethan looks over the control panel. Their settings were terrible. The sheer amount of wasted energy was almost criminal. A few quick switch changes and the ship is ready to go. A gentle easing forward and the ship flies forward. The thing handles like a dream! A little more and the ship flies out of the hangar, barely chipping the top of the hangar. Maybe you needed a little practice....

As the jet rushes at breackneck speeds, Gerald looks over what he has to work with as far as weapons. Rotary guns on the wings? Check. Rockets? Check. Seems like you have four on each wing for a total of eight. It even seems like you have a front cannon; if the size of the barrel is anything to go off of, it shoots high caliber bullets. There are also flares, a booster, and one button that you can't quite discern what it does. Finally, there seems to be a button that would purge all the garbage in the ship, but a quick check reveals that the garbage is empty, so it probably isn't of much use.

As you race forward, you see the two ships on both radar and ahead. They see you as well however, the two of them splitting off to either side.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-02, 12:01 PM
Romeo takes over the seating arrangement. Paul and Mark weren't the tye to share seats, so they got 1 each, as did the twins. The 2 kids could share, and Romeo had Elly cuddle up with John to keep him calm. That left 2 seats, so he steered Taylor into one and put Jess in her lap. 'Take care of her, okay?' he asked, giving her a small wink behind Jessica's back.

Romeo gives up the last seat to Artemis so she can rest, while he stands. He punches in the number of Saffron Gym.

Esprit15
2012-12-02, 12:04 PM
Artemis smiles and laughs a bit. Oh you goofball. She pulls Romeo into her seat.

Once they are in the air, she thinks to Gerald. So what do you need us to do?

Eshkigal
2012-12-02, 12:21 PM
If that's darkrai, sod off. If that's Ani, sod off harder. I've found my goddess now, and I have plans for the two of you...
After they get going, Gerald watches the planes in front.
"Right, here's the opening gambit. I'm going to target the one breaking right with missiles as a distraction, and we'll pursue the one breaking left. Keep them off our ass until it's one on one."
Hands gliding across the firing controls like someone born to it, he does as he said he would.
"Ready for this, Ethan?"
Relay this to the psychics. Begin telepathic sweeps for the minds of the pilots, and if they get in range, hit them with everything you can, got it? Kill the pilots, and the planes will go down on their own.

(Arc, before we start, how will this work? Do I choose a weapon and roll xd20 based off of the number of cannons, and how much damage does each system use? Can I make this macross for the enemy planes?)

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-02, 12:50 PM
Dont waste all the missiles. We only have a few. Ethan inhaled deeply. Based on the design and the engine thr jet can easily handle NO! Stop! Just relax. Just stay calm. You can do this. Ethans grip on the controls losens a bit. Everybody hold on! as he eased the controls to bank right to line up Geralds shot.

Esprit15
2012-12-02, 01:21 PM
Don't know if we will be able to sense them without getting dangerously close, but we'll try. An image of the plane losing control because of turbulence from each other, followed by possible ways that could cause a crash, is projected to Gerald. Now we could use that to our advantage, but it would risk getting right in the line of fire, which I don't think is too smart... An image of one jet flying in front of another is projected. The air flow over the front vehicle is shown, and how it could be used to knock the other plane around. Non-laminar flow making retaining control for the other pilot-

No, never mind, it's ridiculous. Can't believe I was thinking that. Shooting them down would be better, yeah, stick to that... On the other hand, I might have an idea if you guys do get suicidally crazy and pull up close. Meanwhile, the jet gets a sudden tailwind. Much better plan.

Too many ideas floating around in her head, suddenly. Focus on helping. Shoot planes. Wait, no, tell the girls. Right, tell the girls first. Jess, Taylor, if we do swing close to the other jets, do a sweep of the pilots' minds and let Gerald know what they are thinking. It might help him and Ethan. No way they would be close enough to hit the planes with anything. Except- OH! That could work! If you can get a line of sight, mess around with them too. Flip switches, press buttons, fling things in cockpits, that kind of thing. Might be able to make them crash before they get to the city.

She rests her head on Romeo's shoulder- No, work to be done still. Relax later. Have fun later. "Hey Gerald, Ethan, what do you need us to do? Man guns or anything?"

Eshkigal
2012-12-02, 07:20 PM
I'm at the weapon controls already, and have all systems. However, music to blow things up to would be fun.
He waits for missile lock, and then launches one from each wing.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-02, 07:31 PM
Ethan watches the two missiles streak towards the jet when it dawned on him. Artemis, catch and hold. Ethan pulls out the green orb and tosses it into the air for Arte to hold in the air. He quickly returns to the controls, but glances at the orb for any illumination.

Arcran
2012-12-02, 07:32 PM
The double packed seats push and pull on the seat belts, but they hold firm.

Taylor gives Romeo and appreciative nod as Jessica sits on her lap.

I'm at the weapon controls already, and have all systems. However, music to blow things up to would be fun.
He waits for missile lock, and then launches one from each wing.

Missiles locked, a strangely familiar voice says, a small red, female hologram appearing out of the ship's dashboard. You guys better not miss, it says in a feminine voice. You could swear its the Rotom, but since when could they make bodies for themselves?

The rockets fly off as soon as lock is engaged. However, the other pilot knows what he's doing; flares billow from from the back of the jet, causing the missiles to veer off course and detonate harmlessly.

Didn't I say not to miss? Well, next ones should hit for sure, the Rotom says. And you guys might want to look behind you... it says, one of the screens turning to behind you. The jet that had veered off in the other direction is in hot pursuit, a laser sight lining up with your ship as it rapidly closes. With you trying to match the speed of the ship you're pursuing they will be in firing range in a few seconds.

Oh. Looks like they have a missile lock on us too.

Despite being relatively close, the ships are still out of Telepathy range.

Romeo:
You call the Gym, soon getting reception.

"Saffron Gym, how may I help you?" a bored voice answers.

Esprit15
2012-12-02, 07:42 PM
Sorry, I'm no singer. Although, I may know a piece or two from home. Can't play them on an instrument well but can replay them. A couple of musical pieces are run through Gerald's head until he picks one.

Artemis looks at Ethan confused when she spots the little ball. No clue what it was. He said catch! Right. The winds outside die down and the ball floats in the air just as it was about to flatter to the floor. "Heh, glad to be of assistance. You need me to blow on your coffee too, charge your cellphone? ...what is that thing anyways?"

Arcran
2012-12-02, 07:46 PM
Ethan watches the two missiles streak towards the jet when it dawned on him. Artemis, catch and hold. Ethan pulls out the green orb and tosses it into the air for Arte to hold in the air. He quickly returns to the controls, but glances at the orb for any illumination.

The orb is glowing towards the ship you are pursuing as well as the one pursuing you.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-02, 07:57 PM
I wish I knew, you can hold it in your hands. Tell me if the glowing stops pointing towards the other jets. Gerald on our six, gonna try to shake him. Going up! Ethan yanks back on the throttle, pulling the plane into a steep incline.

Going to try and loop around. Not sure how much to post.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-02, 07:59 PM
'Get me Sabrina! And don't even think of telling me she's too busy. Tell her it's the idiot who wanted to boink her psychics calling with info on the mass murderer.' There, that should get her attention. 'I have Jessica and Taylor here with me who can verify it's urgent if need be.'

Esprit15
2012-12-02, 08:03 PM
As the jet inclines, the ball falls into Romeo's lap. "When you're not busy, could you hold that for me and do as Ethan said." Meanwhile she tries to keep the man's weight plus the simulated weight due to the climb from crushing her. Can't focus enough to make a sustained stream follow us. The wind stream she does make pushes the other plane though in a way that would most interfere with its movement.

Aerokinesis to create a 35 kmph wind that interferes with the jet chasing us

Eshkigal
2012-12-02, 08:25 PM
"Muk. This is your gunner speaking, inbound turbulence!"
Gerald puts a hand near the flares, readying them.
"Want the boosters?"

Arcran
2012-12-02, 09:31 PM
I wish I knew, you can hold it in your hands. Tell me if the glowing stops pointing towards the other jets. Gerald on our six, gonna try to shake him. Going up! Ethan yanks back on the throttle, pulling the plane into a steep incline.

Going to try and loop around. Not sure how much to post.

The jet goes into a steep incline, rapidly rising. The pilots are fine, strapped in as they are, but the passengers have straps digging into very uncomfortable places.

Looks like they didn't quite lock on, the Rotom says in relief. Let's not do that again.

'Get me Sabrina! And don't even think of telling me she's too busy. Tell her it's the idiot who wanted to boink her psychics calling with info on the mass murderer.' There, that should get her attention. 'I have Jessica and Taylor here with me who can verify it's urgent if need be.'

The attendant rapidly changes lines, not even questioning you.

Sabrina here. Romeo, right? What kind of intel do you have? she asks, her tone making it obvious she doesn't expect much in the way of intelligence from you.

As the jet inclines, the ball falls into Romeo's lap. "When you're not busy, could you hold that for me and do as Ethan said." Meanwhile she tries to keep the man's weight plus the simulated weight due to the climb from crushing her. Can't focus enough to make a sustained stream follow us. The wind stream she does make pushes the other plane though in a way that would most interfere with its movement.

Aerokinesis to create a 35 kmph wind that interferes with the jet chasing us

The headwind slows down the jet a bit, but it still is gaining on you, simply less rapidly.

All

As you rapidly rise, the jet that was previously in pursuit flies underneath you, the headwind slowing them just enough for a helmeted pilot to flip you the bird. It slowly banks, the other ship slowing its speed to match with the other as both begin to pursue you as you come out of your loop, flying in a loose formation.

Jessica looks at them with a little panic.

"Anybody have anything we could dump back? Something that could take those jets out?"

Mark ponders for a second, then shouts to the front.

"Hey, kid! You have an evolving Beldum, right? How crazy are you feeling at the moment?"

Aaaaan they're trying to lock us again, the Rotom says, actually rolling its holographic eyes.

hustlertwo
2012-12-02, 09:48 PM
Through the chaos, Paul huddles close with the Rattata horde, looking rather green.

Did I mention I hate to fly? There's a reason I never did tournaments in places like Unova.

Eshkigal
2012-12-02, 09:57 PM
"If you have to puke, do it in the waste chute. Give them something terrible."
Gerald then turns to Ethan.
"Sounds just zubat-**** crazy enough to work. What do you say?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-02, 09:59 PM
Enough. Ethan releases the mon. Mjolnir, I have a very important task for you. I'm going to put you in this chute. In a moment your going to be jettisoned and out in the open. Once outside, eat anything and everything you can. After you've had your full, keep heading that way till you see buildings. Find the tallest one, go to the top and blink. I'll come and find you, don't worry. I won't abandon you. Alright? Ethan opens up the chute for Mjolnir, who happily floats in. I won't leave you, I promise. Eject him when ready Gerald! May Arceus rest their soles for the horror they are about to endure.

That way is the direction Saffron is in. Whatever direction that is.

Eshkigal
2012-12-02, 10:16 PM
"That's if we can't find you after this, got it?"
Once Mjolnir is squared away, Gerald hits the chute.

Esprit15
2012-12-02, 10:17 PM
"Well this isn't exactly a normal flight now, is it?" Artemis calls back, cheerful and sarcastic. Well, we're strapped in for the ride now. Might as well enjoy it. She grabs Romeo and holds on tight.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-02, 10:23 PM
'Not sure about that miss. Most people can't get much info out of a decapitated head, but I'm not too sure you couldn't. But that's not the important thing right now. He was part of an organisation that's launching a terrorist attack on Saffron as we speak. We are in pursuit, attempting to stop them.' Romeo rolls the small ball between his fingers, gazing at it as he waits to see if Sabrina believes him.

Arcran
2012-12-02, 10:29 PM
Through the chaos, Paul huddles close with the Rattata horde, looking rather green.

Did I mention I hate to fly? There's a reason I never did tournaments in places like Unova.

Give me a CON check, just for de lulz.

Enough. Ethan releases the mon. Mjolnir, I have a very important task for you. I'm going to put you in this chute. In a moment your going to be jettisoned and out in the open. Once outside, eat anything and everything you can. After you've had your full, keep heading that way till you see buildings. Find the tallest one, go to the top and blink. I'll come and find you, don't worry. I won't abandon you. Alright? Ethan opens up the chute for Mjolnir, who happily floats in. I won't leave you, I promise. Eject him when ready Gerald! May Arceus rest their soles for the horror they are about to endure.

That way is the direction Saffron is in. Whatever direction that is.

Mjolnir's eye just stares as he is given his orders, unresponsive as he does so.

Just before you press the button, his eye flashes a few times, communicating in Morse.

--. --- --- -.. -... -.-- . / . - .... .- -.
Goodbye Ethan.

The button is pressed, and the Beldum is sucked out of the tube like a sandwich on a platter when Paul is around. It hurtles out the back, the Rotom bringing up a rear view to watch the Pokemon fly backwards. It seems to hurtle backward at insane speeds, the incoming jets rapidly closing. He's off course though. He's not going to...

The Beldum shoots towards the jet from almost a hundred yards away like some oddly shaped bullet, almost tearing off the wing. The ship begins to fold in on itself, warping and twisting. The jet slowly begins to spiral downwards as the all consuming maw of the Beldum devours the ship. It falls out of the camera view. A few seconds later, a massive explosion resounds from the ground, the smoke cloud seen from the camera. Nothing could have survived the fall.

"Maybe that wasn't my best idea," Mark says, looking down shamefacedly.

The plane is silent until one of the dumb kids spoke up.

"That was a waste of a very expensive Pokemon."

Before Ethan can strangle the kid, the Rotom speaks up. Looks like they've got missile lock again. Preparing to deploy flares- WHAT THE MUK! THAT SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE! the Rotom shouts.

Looking back, you see a hulking metal shape, blackened by an explosion with two rockets fused onto its back, flying through the air at the other jet. It comes out of nowhere. The other jet swerves to avoid it, but its too late. The metal monster has grabbed onto the nose of the plane. A giant arm blasts through the cockpit, tossing the pilot out. It brings its other leg onto the jet before pushing off powerfully, legs on the wings, using the jets for a little extra power. The wings snap off like wood. As the jet begins to fall, the beast begins to fly after you, albeit being easily outstripped.

That might be the coolest thing I've ever seen, the Rotom says, hologram obviously conveying its shock.

Eshkigal
2012-12-02, 10:37 PM
"Holy muking crap that was cool."
He watches the beast behind you.
"Ethan, got any idea if that's Mjolnir? I mean, if he ate that much of a certain object, and planes are fairly big..."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-02, 10:42 PM
That's my boy. Highly possible. Rotom, could you keep the camera trained on that. I'm going to slow down. Gerald, be ready to hit the thrusters in case that's not Mjolnir or he got cranky after his supper.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-02, 10:45 PM
'Ummm....' Romeo was a bit speechless as he watched the scene unfold. 'Please hold for a status update ma'am.'

Eshkigal
2012-12-02, 10:46 PM
"Got it."
He looks to the rotom's hologram.
"What's your name, anyway? Never thanked you for the help you gave us earlier."

Esprit15
2012-12-02, 10:53 PM
Artemis looks out the window. "Are... Are," she looks at the dex as it scans the mon, "Metang normally that big?" Her grip loosens but remains firm. A mental image of almost everyone on the plane forms in her mind. Phasing might be necessary. Romeo, Ethan, Gerald, Paul, Taylor, Jessica, the non-brat kid. As many as she could bring. She recalls Aquilla.

"So what now?"

Arcran
2012-12-03, 12:14 AM
That's my boy. Highly possible. Rotom, could you keep the camera trained on that. I'm going to slow down. Gerald, be ready to hit the thrusters in case that's not Mjolnir or he got cranky after his supper.

The flying hulk slowly nears. You recognize it as a Metang, despite the massive burns crossing its body. The jets aren't just attached, they are actually fused with the back of the Metang. As you stop, it drifts right up to the window, red eyes blinking excitedly.

.. / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- . -.. / - .... --- ... . / -- ..- -.- . .-. ... / ..- .--. / -... .. --. / - .. -- .
Translate that yourself.

'Ummm....' Romeo was a bit speechless as he watched the scene unfold. 'Please hold for a status update ma'am.'

"On hold? You tell me that something is going to blow up and you have intel and you put me on hold? I guess that's no big surprise now, is it."

"Got it."
He looks to the rotom's hologram.
"What's your name, anyway? Never thanked you for the help you gave us earlier."

Me? I have lots of names. That bitchy program. Gwen. Stacy. Someone even called me Janie. I like Jane though. Nice simple name, don't you agree?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-03, 12:33 AM
You sure did Mjolnir. Romeo, find us a safe place to land. I believe we have some debriefing to do. Ethan grabs his ball and returns the newly evolved mon. He'd celebrate later, he needed a safe place to land this jet.

Eshkigal
2012-12-03, 12:54 AM
"Jane does sound nice. Thanks for all of your help, Jane."
He holds the plane steady while Ethan recalls Mjolnir, giving the big metang a thumbs up.

Esprit15
2012-12-03, 02:42 AM
Artemis calms down when Mjolnir acts...friendly? Hard to tell. Not like she knew what he was saying. Still, Ethan seemed okay with whatever it was, so all must be in the clear. "Alright! The jets are down and we're heading home! Whoo!!! I cannot wait to get back to civilization. As a note, I'd like to be the first to suggest that we NEVER take a caravan through the wilds again. Ever. No offense, Mark. Judgement, I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to get back to the city. No Steel Skorupi chasing me. No guards shooting at me, at least not on the only good side of town. No anti-Psychic slime being forced down my throat. No psychopathic, manic, chosen of Darkrai trying to set me on fire. And an actual bed! Something soft and comfortable and..." She grips Romeo a bit more tightly, running her hands over his body absentmindedly. Sleep probably was not what was on her mind. Her whole body was slightly fidgeting, actually, as though she had way too much energy.

Isn't Romeo still on the phone? Yeah? And? With your boss? Calm down. I can't calm down! We're finally done, and in the end we were successful! We got the guy, we even brought evidence that he is dead, none of us are dead, Jess and Taylor are both alive, even some of our friends from the caravan made it! Just hold your excitement. Give him a second to- She can find out when the rest of the Rockets do! What's the rush? Your. Boss. Occupy yourself. Gah! Fine then! Occupy, occupy.... Ugn, this armor is not comfortable to sit in. Sorry about the outburst, Romeo. Forgot you were on the phone. Mind letting me up for a sec? She unbuckles and slips out from under the Breeder, grabs her bag, and after not finding a restroom or somewhere out of view to change, heads as far back in the plane as she can out of view and quickly changes back into some normal clothes. What to do when we get back to Saffron... Probably some work with the rest of the team, bring them up to speed with Diluvium and Aquilla- wait, no. I'll do that later, maybe in two or three days.

No, when we get back, we are gonna celebrate. We're in, after all. After all of that, we are finally in!

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-03, 05:40 AM
'Appologies ma'am, had to confirm the kill. Seems one of our team done something stupid, and it worked. Requestion permission to land at Saffron city, plane carrying 7 Silph Co members and 6 civilians. I'll have a debriefing as soon as you can set one up, with all the info we have on the organisation as well as kill confirmation. I'll pass you over to a full team member to verify what I'm saying.'

He handed it to Jessica, while he grabbed his pendant. 'Sorry, have to report in to me other boss' he says with a smile. 'Did you see that milady? Looks like we did it, and everyone is safe.'

Arcran
2012-12-04, 01:20 AM
You sure did Mjolnir. Romeo, find us a safe place to land. I believe we have some debriefing to do. Ethan grabs his ball and returns the newly evolved mon. He'd celebrate later, he needed a safe place to land this jet.

The Pokemon returns. You could swear it was grinning on that metallic face.

"Jane does sound nice. Thanks for all of your help, Jane."
He holds the plane steady while Ethan recalls Mjolnir, giving the big metang a thumbs up.

Jane simply nods and begins searching for a landing site.

Do we want to land now? Or go all the way to Saffron?

Artemis calms down when Mjolnir acts...friendly? Hard to tell. Not like she knew what he was saying. Still, Ethan seemed okay with whatever it was, so all must be in the clear. "Alright! The jets are down and we're heading home! Whoo!!! I cannot wait to get back to civilization. As a note, I'd like to be the first to suggest that we NEVER take a caravan through the wilds again. Ever. No offense, Mark. Judgement, I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to get back to the city. No Steel Skorupi chasing me. No guards shooting at me, at least not on the only good side of town. No anti-Psychic slime being forced down my throat. No psychopathic, manic, chosen of Darkrai trying to set me on fire. And an actual bed! Something soft and comfortable and..." She grips Romeo a bit more tightly, running her hands over his body absentmindedly. Sleep probably was not what was on her mind. Her whole body was slightly fidgeting, actually, as though she had way too much energy.

Isn't Romeo still on the phone? Yeah? And? With your boss? Calm down. I can't calm down! We're finally done, and in the end we were successful! We got the guy, we even brought evidence that he is dead, none of us are dead, Jess and Taylor are both alive, even some of our friends from the caravan made it! Just hold your excitement. Give him a second to- She can find out when the rest of the Rockets do! What's the rush? Your. Boss. Occupy yourself. Gah! Fine then! Occupy, occupy.... Ugn, this armor is not comfortable to sit in. Sorry about the outburst, Romeo. Forgot you were on the phone. Mind letting me up for a sec? She unbuckles and slips out from under the Breeder, grabs her bag, and after not finding a restroom or somewhere out of view to change, heads as far back in the plane as she can out of view and quickly changes back into some normal clothes. What to do when we get back to Saffron... Probably some work with the rest of the team, bring them up to speed with Diluvium and Aquilla- wait, no. I'll do that later, maybe in two or three days.

No, when we get back, we are gonna celebrate. We're in, after all. After all of that, we are finally in!

One of the dumb kids sneaks looks as you change, a greedy look on his piggish face.

'Appologies ma'am, had to confirm the kill. Seems one of our team done something stupid, and it worked. Requestion permission to land at Saffron city, plane carrying 7 Silph Co members and 6 civilians. I'll have a debriefing as soon as you can set one up, with all the info we have on the organisation as well as kill confirmation. I'll pass you over to a full team member to verify what I'm saying.'

He handed it to Jessica, while he grabbed his pendant. 'Sorry, have to report in to me other boss' he says with a smile. 'Did you see that milady? Looks like we did it, and everyone is safe.'

"You killed him?" she says, impressed, passing on the phone. Jessica begins to give a play-by-play of what has occurred, Cressalia answers.

Well done. When you return to Saffron, I have a job for you. Tell your boss all that has transpired; she shall allow you to follow my course.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-04, 01:25 AM
To Saffron please Jane. I'm not to keen on being out in the wilds, not for any time soon. Have I said thank you yet? Thank you.

Esprit15
2012-12-04, 01:52 AM
Artemis glares daggers at the kid as she fumbles to put on her "Wy-naut?" shirt from the other day (washed, obviously) on. The boy's head is sharply forced forward before she continues. I'm flattered, but try to be more subtle, next time. You know, if you lack the basic self control to not look in the first place.

Actually, maybe I'll let your mother know. Tell her you've been peeping on people who saved your pampered ass twice. Let her deal with you. When she finishes changing, Artemis walks by and gives an electrified smack to the side of his skull as she releases his head. "Brat." She hops onto Romeo's lap. "Much better, way more comfortable!" Dumb kid snuck a peek at me while I was changing.

hustlertwo
2012-12-04, 06:55 AM
[roll0] For da pukin'.

Eshkigal
2012-12-04, 09:42 AM
"Yeah, back to town sounds good. Also, Jane, if you're hanging around once we get back, I have a business proposition for you, with compensation being a mechanical body of your own, or any request I can fulfill. Mostly help with research and investing funds. Interested?"
He looks back quickly, hearing the debriefing.
"Oh, and don't forget to ask for coordinates to land a fighter jet at and get picked up!"

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-04, 03:51 PM
'Will do Milady. Oh, and while I have you on the line ... do you think you can explain to me how to work the necklace you gave Elly? It's wonderful, but not knowing how to possibly turn it off meant I couldn't use her against Anni. If I want to get stronger, I think I need to learn more about it.'

Arcran
2012-12-04, 06:49 PM
To Saffron please Jane. I'm not to keen on being out in the wilds, not for any time soon. Have I said thank you yet? Thank you.

You're welcome bossman, she says with only a little sarcasm. Course set for Saffron.

Artemis glares daggers at the kid as she fumbles to put on her "Wy-naut?" shirt from the other day (washed, obviously) on. The boy's head is sharply forced forward before she continues. I'm flattered, but try to be more subtle, next time. You know, if you lack the basic self control to not look in the first place.

Actually, maybe I'll let your mother know. Tell her you've been peeping on people who saved your pampered ass twice. Let her deal with you. When she finishes changing, Artemis walks by and gives an electrified smack to the side of his skull as she releases his head. "Brat." She hops onto Romeo's lap. "Much better, way more comfortable!" Dumb kid snuck a peek at me while I was changing.

The kid cries out in pain, rubbing the large burn mark on the back of his head. The disgusting stench of burned hair starts to fill the cabin.

"Bitch...."

[roll0] For da pukin'.

:smallfurious:

Paul successfully restrains his puke.

"Yeah, back to town sounds good. Also, Jane, if you're hanging around once we get back, I have a business proposition for you, with compensation being a mechanical body of your own, or any request I can fulfill. Mostly help with research and investing funds. Interested?"
He looks back quickly, hearing the debriefing.
"Oh, and don't forget to ask for coordinates to land a fighter jet at and get picked up!"

I might be. Get me more specifics and we'll see, she says, continuing to fly towards the city.

'Will do Milady. Oh, and while I have you on the line ... do you think you can explain to me how to work the necklace you gave Elly? It's wonderful, but not knowing how to possibly turn it off meant I couldn't use her against Anni. If I want to get stronger, I think I need to learn more about it.'

All in due time Romeo. It will take some effort on your part, but eventually Elly will be able to utilize the necklace whenever she wants.

As you all race towards Saffron, Sabrina gets you some landing coordinates. You race towards the city. Almost half an hour later the city appears on the horizon, slowly growing in the distance. Jane takes over the controls as you near, rambling off codes and procedure as she angles towards an empty landing strip by Silph Co. The decent is smooth; you barely feel a bump as you land. As you slow down, you see at least two squads of soldiers and the boss lady flanked by two hulking body guards. In addition, a man on a Charizard is perched nearby, staring. Seems like they weren't taking any chances.

Eshkigal
2012-12-04, 07:00 PM
"I'll go over the specifics after we disembark, but I have some plans for charity and securing my own future that I could use a hand on while I learn the basics. And maybe some mean spirited fun with robots."
Gerald steps out, completely drenched in blood (mostly his, but they don't need to know that), putting his gun on the ground and opening the toolbox, turning it to show the mauled head. He puts his arm by the toolbox as well.
"Permission to debrief and give our proof, Miss?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-04, 07:13 PM
Romeo grabs Gerald by the back. 'Leave that to me. You two don't exactly get along well. Your job is the killing people, even if you do seem a little too pleased to do so. This is my job.' He strides forward and walks to the boss lady.

'You head-hunted me, now it seems I've paid you back the favour, if maybe a little too literally. Also, you may be interested in this.' He holds out the orb he still had. 'I'll take it we got in?'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-04, 10:55 PM
Ethan plucks the orb from Romeo's hands (gingerly). Careful. We don't want to drop it. And presume nothing. We are greeted by an entourage in battle gear. I suspect some initial questions are in order before we confirm anything. Ethan's tone was simultaneously demeaning and cautious. There is a wild Rotom inside the ships computer systems. She is friendly, and helped facilitate our escape. She has a bit of a tongue though. Please, don't harm her.

Esprit15
2012-12-04, 10:55 PM
Artemis puts on a jacket before walking out. The weather was fine, beautiful actually, but she wanted to look more formal. A T-shirt with a large, bad pun on the front doesn't look formal.

She steps out of the plane and walks by Romeo's side. Artemis watches the armed men and the Charizard guy, saying nothing, as difficult as that is for her right now. She considers reading minds, but decides that given the circumstances, that would be rude and unneeded.

Artemis telekinetically adjusts her glasses, nervous.

Arcran
2012-12-05, 12:10 AM
"I'll go over the specifics after we disembark, but I have some plans for charity and securing my own future that I could use a hand on while I learn the basics. And maybe some mean spirited fun with robots."
Gerald steps out, completely drenched in blood (mostly his, but they don't need to know that), putting his gun on the ground and opening the toolbox, turning it to show the mauled head. He puts his arm by the toolbox as well.
"Permission to debrief and give our proof, Miss?"

The boss lady communicates through a megaphone, talking to the party.

As you leave the plane, a wave of rifles are raised, a wave of bullets about to fire. As Romeo pulls out the orb, there is the mass sound of safeties coming off.

"Romeo, drop that device. No chances. You have his head?" she asks, obviously highly suspicious. "If you try anything, you're dead."

Eshkigal
2012-12-05, 12:21 AM
Gerald looks to Romeo.
"And that, right there, is why you disarm first. Follow my lead here, and then you get to do your thing."
Gerald looks to the crowd, before pointing at the toolbox at his feet. He slowly, carefully goes down, and pulls the head out. He shouts out.
"First off, sorry about the condition! Aquilla, Artemis's rufflet, got hungry! DNA testing or tooth records should show this is him, though!"
He turns it around, showing the entire thing before setting it on the ground in front of him. He then shows the insides of the toolbox, the knife and the pokeballs, before carefully latching it shut and sliding it away from him.
"Completely unarmed! Permission to approach a representative with the head, Miss?"

Esprit15
2012-12-05, 12:24 AM
"WHOA! HOLD ON! We have the head!" Artemis puts her hands up. We did what you asked! What the Void!?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-05, 12:33 AM
Judge it Romeo, this is why you let the people who know what they are doing handle mysterious tech. I believe you already know what that is. I found it in the monstrous abominations known as 'Steelupi'. If my sources are correct, your organization designed them. Ethan has his hands raised the entire time and tries his best to keep his voice as neutral as possible.

Arcran
2012-12-05, 12:53 AM
Gerald looks to Romeo.
"And that, right there, is why you disarm first. Follow my lead here, and then you get to do your thing."
Gerald looks to the crowd, before pointing at the toolbox at his feet. He slowly, carefully goes down, and pulls the head out. He shouts out.
"First off, sorry about the condition! Aquilla, Artemis's rufflet, got hungry! DNA testing or tooth records should show this is him, though!"
He turns it around, showing the entire thing before setting it on the ground in front of him. He then shows the insides of the toolbox, the knife and the pokeballs, before carefully latching it shut and sliding it away from him.
"Completely unarmed! Permission to approach a representative with the head, Miss?"

The boss lady nods.

Grab the orb from Ethan. Then you can come forward. No sudden moves.

Judge it Romeo, this is why you let the people who know what they are doing handle mysterious tech. I believe you already know what that is. I found it in the monstrous abominations known as 'Steelupi'. If my sources are correct, your organization designed them. Ethan has his hands raised the entire time and tries his best to keep his voice as neutral as possible.

The boss lady signals for you to give the orb to Gerald. If you comply, she waves him forward.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-05, 12:59 AM
Ethan slowly extends his hand outwards, orb resting in his palm. Go ahead Gerald.

Eshkigal
2012-12-05, 12:59 AM
Gerald puts the head under his arm before taking the orb, careful to not set the guards into mowing them down. Once he has it, he goes forward at a slow pace.

hustlertwo
2012-12-05, 08:12 AM
Paul merely slouches, the combination of jet acrobatics and poison binge hangover delivering a 1-2 punch to his ailing body.

If I get to vote, I think I'd rather we were shot, frankly. A bullet wound would only be an improvement at this point.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-05, 11:16 AM
Romeo laughs. 'C'mon now. If it was dangerous, do you really think Ethan would have given it to me?' Romeo gives a little giggle.

Arcran
2012-12-05, 06:50 PM
Romeo laughs. 'C'mon now. If it was dangerous, do you really think Ethan would have given it to me?' Romeo gives a little giggle.

There is no response to you.

Gerald puts the head under his arm before taking the orb, careful to not set the guards into mowing them down. Once he has it, he goes forward at a slow pace.

While the guns remain trained on you, but nobody fires. As you get nearer, the lady lets out a Golett. It takes the head from you. After staring at it for a few seconds, the Pokemon nods at the woman, dropping the head.

"Seems like you actually did it then," she says, somewhat impressed. She has some techs take the Skorupi's heart away, her expression not revealing if she recognized it or not.

"Well done," she says, waving. The other guards lower their weapons. "Who are the extras? I know your team, Jessica, and Taylor, but who are the others?"

Eshkigal
2012-12-05, 07:14 PM
"Mark and the Twins, Isaac and James, were guards with the caravan we took and proved invaluable, though I would prefer that to be covered by someone else, as my role was primarily working on either producing more pokeballs to use out there or crafting armor for Artemis out of the corpses of steel shifted skorupi. The kids were on the caravan as well, the one without pokemon showing promise in technical skill and recently losing his mother to the steel skorupi, the other two fouling the moods of the rest of the party. May I hand over debriefing to Romeo and Ethan for now, until we get to where our paths diverged?"

Arcran
2012-12-05, 07:21 PM
"Mark and the Twins, Isaac and James, were guards with the caravan we took and proved invaluable, though I would prefer that to be covered by someone else, as my role was primarily working on either producing more pokeballs to use out there or crafting armor for Artemis out of the corpses of steel shifted skorupi. The kids were on the caravan as well, the one without pokemon showing promise in technical skill and recently losing his mother to the steel skorupi, the other two fouling the moods of the rest of the party. May I hand over debriefing to Romeo and Ethan for now, until we get to where our paths diverged?"

She nods, waiving for the rest of your party to come forward.

"We'll arrange for transport to remove them from the premises."

Esprit15
2012-12-05, 07:35 PM
Artemis steps forward, relieved at the guns being lowered. "So where are we to report to?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-05, 08:26 PM
Ma'am, if I may be so bold. I know I am not a recruiter but the adults here have shown remarkable skill, and may find worth in our organization. Mark is an excellent leader and battler, and the Twins are superb marksmen with great coordination.

Eshkigal
2012-12-05, 08:57 PM
"Understood, though I would like to keep contact with the one likely orphaned until he's settled elsewhere, or see to training him. As I said, he has shown potential in tech, and I would like to see if it can be melded into something useful between missions."
He looks to the ship.
"Do you mind if we take care of a few things before departure? Paul managed to tame a pack of wild rattata that flew with us, and as Ethan said, there is a friendly rotom in the computer systems. Due to being wild, it would likely be best to let the people who they're comfortable with remove them."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-05, 09:06 PM
'No offence Gerald, but no child should be left in your care. You're not stable enough to be a guardian.' Romeo stares daggers at Gerald. No way was this sick and twisted guy getting his hands on John. He had already started trying to turn Arte similar to him. Romeo wasn't going to let him turn a child into a little hitman.

'I promised John I'd take him to see his mother in the Pokemon Tower. I'll take care of him until a family can be found. I was planning on visiting Lavander soon if possible. I can take care of him till then, then see about placing him in the care of a religious organisation there. A proper carer.'

Arcran
2012-12-05, 09:29 PM
Artemis steps forward, relieved at the guns being lowered. "So where are we to report to?"

"Follow me," she says, turning and heading inside.

Ma'am, if I may be so bold. I know I am not a recruiter but the adults here have shown remarkable skill, and may find worth in our organization. Mark is an excellent leader and battler, and the Twins are superb marksmen with great coordination.

"I'll add them to the watch list. If they show promise, we'll try to pick them up."

"Understood, though I would like to keep contact with the one likely orphaned until he's settled elsewhere, or see to training him. As I said, he has shown potential in tech, and I would like to see if it can be melded into something useful between missions."
He looks to the ship.
"Do you mind if we take care of a few things before departure? Paul managed to tame a pack of wild rattata that flew with us, and as Ethan said, there is a friendly rotom in the computer systems. Due to being wild, it would likely be best to let the people who they're comfortable with remove them."

'No offence Gerald, but no child should be left in your care. You're not stable enough to be a guardian.' Romeo stares daggers at Gerald. No way was this sick and twisted guy getting his hands on John. He had already started trying to turn Arte similar to him. Romeo wasn't going to let him turn a child into a little hitman.

'I promised John I'd take him to see his mother in the Pokemon Tower. I'll take care of him until a family can be found. I was planning on visiting Lavander soon if possible. I can take care of him till then, then see about placing him in the care of a religious organisation there. A proper carer.'

"What you do with the child is your own decision. As for the Pokemon, this will only take a few minutes, understand?" she says, heading inside. She leads you to the elevator, inserting her key card and riding the elevator to the bottom in silence. When you arrive, she takes you all to her office.

"So, how the hell did a group of new recruits manage to take down somebody like Akinektos? How did you guys manage to pull that off?" she asks, staring right at you. You can all feel the presence of her mind.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-05, 09:32 PM
Would you like us to start from the beginning or from when we were captured? We can start from out capture but it leaves out some important details.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-05, 09:54 PM
Romeo suddenly remembered, then dropped to his knees in panic. 'Oh Mew! Crap, crap, crap, how could I forget.'

'That chair was a rental! Crapcrapcrapcrap!' Romeo starts to panic, trying to figure out a way to get his wheelchair back so he wasn't sued by the hospital.

Esprit15
2012-12-05, 10:00 PM
Artemis grabs Romeo by the shoulders as he freaks out. Relax. Explain the situation to them, or have the boss send a message through to them. They'll probably understand. Worst that happens, you get a stern talking to and a small fine for losing it.

Eshkigal
2012-12-06, 12:14 AM
Gerald eyes Romeo as he seems to turn cold. What was his problem? Ah, well, bigger things to do. Once they're in the debriefing room, he opens his mouth to speak, before Romeo has his little outburst. He shakes his head, before grabbing Romeo's shirt and hoisting him up to his feet.
"Come on, man, you were in such a rush to talk about this part, you can at least stay focused."
His head's still a bit of a mess, but she can feel him getting the events of that day together into a coherent whole.

Arcran
2012-12-06, 12:27 AM
Would you like us to start from the beginning or from when we were captured? We can start from out capture but it leaves out some important details.

"The full story," she says, looking at Romeo like he was an idiot.

Esprit15
2012-12-06, 12:36 AM
"Well on our way to Lavender, after our caravan was attacked by some Steel Skorupi -thanks for the warning about them being Steel by the way. Flying did ****all, Rock was useless, we'd have all died if Paul didn't have a Sandshrew that knew Bulldoze- we were ambushed by him. He faked injury, we were just gonna bring him in to the medics when his friends opened fire.

Next thing I know, I'm in a cell on my own and unable to...well, do anything. My powers were being suppressed, apparently some compound they slipped into my food. Couldn't even move a pencil. Finally got that out of my system, got out of the cell and ran into Gerald. We fought past a few guards and ran into Romeo and Paul, then started looking for a way out. Akni- whatever his name was, pops in with Ethan, Jessica and Taylor bound in some shadow stuff. I don't remember much after that. Tried to fry him and apparently it was just a Double or something. Heard him yell something, my skin started burning, and I was out. Next thing I know-" She pauses, but decides that if her mind is being read anyways, can't exactly hide anything. "Something, a Psychic, a legendary, something is speaking to me. Injuries I had are gone, my mind is clear for once, and the target is dead."

She looks at the others. "That about accurate?"

Eshkigal
2012-12-06, 01:09 AM
"For a very abridged version. There were two separate assaults from the steel-skorupi, or steelupi for simplicity's sake, in which we saw nearly two hundred of them all together. In the second assault, there was a huge beast, a...I think it's called drapion? Anyway, after a running fight with that and a hundred more steelupi, of which I think each of us caught one, Aniketos flew overhead and we tried to ambush him, while twelve of his goons, armed with stunky primarily, circled us. The primary idea was to keep the goons off the psychics, but there were too many, and we were captured. From what happened, we were separated, our gear stripped from us or rendered useless, and we were approached by the Bidoof Muk-I mean, Aniketos, separately. He apparently wanted us to agree to act as double agents for his organization."
He begins playing through the conversation they had from the top, remembering the boredom as Aniketos kept trying to make a pitch he couldn't pull off. It fades to black shortly after Ani's fist flies towards his face.
"...To say I was less than compliant might be an understatement. From there, I learned that the target, Aniketos...Miss, before I continue, I must request that you do not alter my file to try and influence anything, first. It's merely for understanding what exactly I missed. It will have no bearing on me in the future, really. Anyway, I awoke from his outburst chained to a wall, staring at the faces of over thirty other Rocket members, some of which I recognized from when you went into the room and debriefed, in a vegetative state and kept in cages. From there, Aniketos...Aniketos proceeded to demonstrate that he can devour memories through some technique that, for some strange reason, had to involve kissing, and proclaimed it was for Darkrai. And he did so. I...I can't remember anything past four months ago, Miss. For better or worse, I really can't. Feel free to verify this with any other psychic, but I really can't."
His gaze lowers, as he remembers his life ebbing away, being torn forcibly from him. He looks up.
"What I can tell you for sure is that he did not like what he saw. He actually had to stop part way through, which is the only reason I'm still responsive to the world. My memory's fuzzy after that, but I saw two apelike pokemon pokemon he kept in the room attack him, and slipped out of my bonds to make my escape. I stole the gun off the first guard I met, killed him, dropped two more, met up with Artemis and barely recognized her, and from there, my memory gets hazier due to a combination of the memory devouring, blood loss, and combat drugs I had to keep taking just to stay standing. I do recall some half schemed idea where if we tried to take the hangar, which was armed for war-there were even tanks, and more jets, before we left-he would likely pop in at the worst moment to thwart our escape, and so I...might have improvised in a drug induced insanity. Mostly by counting on his pride to bring him directly to us if insulted badly enough, I then proceeded to insult him by stating plans to basically kill him and then derail the works of the god he worshiped on such a scale that I would forever cause Aniketos suffering for his failures today, and it started much like how Artemis explained it. Afterwards, after a team effort to take him down, we eventually did so. After which, I put two bullets in his brain, let Aquilla eat his fill, and went to try and help the civilians until the tank fired and Romeo...I don't even know where to start trying to verbally explain this."
Instead, he begins remembering it, even including the message to him.
"Afterwards, we took down two planes carrying some item that they were going to drop on Saffron by sending Mjolnir, Ethan's former beldum, at them. I say former because during the entirety of this, Mjolnir has been evolving. He ate one of the jets, and broke the second to pieces after evolving into a metang with jets fused into it."
He looks at the boss, concerned over what he thinks might risk him Sparky.
"I know that might have been a mistake...but please, I thought it would be for the good of the mission. He was cowardly, and was likely to run rather than face any odds he might possibly lose in rather than take part. It may seem insane, but I swear it was a calculated gamble. I swear to the Judge it seemed the most likely chance for success."

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-06, 01:13 AM
I will clarify a few things, if you don't mind Artemis, Gerald, Ethan clears his throat and pushes up his spare glasses. We were pursuing Anni to Lavender by caravan. We were assaulted by Steel-Skorupi, twice, and after successfully repelling them, twice, I was able to extract that orb Romeo was waving about earlier from one of their corpses. Ethan stares daggers at Romeo. Wanted to study it. Thanks Romeo

Shortly after the second attack, Anni shows up pretending injury and springs a surprise attack on us. Weakened and wearied from the Skorupi's, severely out manned and out gunned, he defeated us and took us prisoner. When I awoke, I was in a rather lavish cell with a laptop, containing this file. Ethan produces his pad and brings up the file on the Steelupi and presents it to the boss lady. The file contains detailed information about the Steel-Shifted Skorupis. Shortly, Anni comes into the room and offers me a position in his organization. A Team Galactic. He also informed me that Rocket developed the Steel-Shifted Skorupi. In short, he wanted me to become a double agent, get on this project, tapping the screen and feed them info. And I said yes.

Now before you freak out, I had an ulterior motive. How the void I kept it from him, I'm not sure, but he took the bait. I knew I had no chance of escape on my own, especially without pokemon. Accepting was my best chance of getting free. However, I never intended on helping him. For a while I was planning on informing you immediately upon my return to civilization and trying to establish a double-bluff and act as a spy for Rocket. Obviously, that isn't on the table anymore, but so is life.

Anyways, gaining a modicum of trust from him, I requested my Pad, which he promptly returned. Little did he know, a wild Rotom, the same on the jet outside, had taken residence there. Me and the Rotom have made a pact, to the effect of I don't mess with him and he doesn't mess with me. I suppose the Rotom was feeling generous, as he helped facilitate our escape. He disabled the camera in my room and then helped free Gerald here from.... Well I'll let Gerald tell you that, as I'm not really sure what to make of that.

After that, nothing happened for a while that I'm aware of. After a time, Anni barged into my cell furious. Spouting about what my plan was and buying time. He knocked me out and broke my scanner, the bastard. I woke up inside some kind of control room. Here is where it gets interesting. Anni is talking to some tech about something called 'The Controller,' some device that, according to Anni, no one on our team knows about except possibly me. Funny, since I knew about it then. He planned on using me, Jessica and Taylor as bait to lure the others into a trap, I'm guessing to recapture them.

Shortly, he returns to bring me to where ever he is setting his trap, but my allies did something, you'd have to ask them, to piss him off. A lot. Mid-way through travel he teleported me and the girls into these odd, ghost-spheres. Without my glasses I couldn't see anything, so not sure how well they blocked vision but I know I couldn't hear anything nor anyone could hear me.

Our team proceeds to fight and beat Anni, resulting in the mess Gerald showed you. My allies freed me and the girls, and the scope of the situation became clear to me. We were in a blocked hallway with only one exit. Into a hangar full of enemies, armed to the teeth with military grade vehicles.

And then...what happened next is difficult to explain. I don't think I fully understand it, I haven't had much time to piece it out but I'll try now. Romeo, it seemed, knew exactly what to do and had all of us gather, including Gerald, Mark and the twins who were holding back the small army in the hangar. Then he shoves this feather in the air, and a tank fires at us. Then this.... my best guess is a very powerful psychic type appears and summoned a psychic barrier, like an overcharged Reflect to block the cannon shell. At the same time, the pokemon telekinetically stopped a very large quantity of bullets in mid air, as well as a rocket and a few grenades. The pokemon quickly returned all this ammunition to their previous owners, painfully, leaving nothing left but pink smears, wreckage and a single jet fighter also protected through the same psychic barrier. Then this pokemon morphed into a human form, something I thought wasn't possible. The only explanation was that the mon didn't change but simply altered my perception to make me believe she did.

She then instructed us to take the remaining jet and catch the two jets that took off moments before her arrival. She touched me and Gerald and seemed to infuse us with some kind of psychic energy, granting us the knowledge to fly the jet, something I was not previously able to do. She called Romeo her 'Chosen' and that she had to leave because her power was used up. But before she left she gave me a message telepathically. A prophetic message.
'Warrior of the Mind, trust your instinct. You know all you need to to make that jet fly swifter than you ever imagined. Just let your hands take over without the shackling control of the mind. And if all seems dark, remember. You have a tool stronger than any missile sitting at your very hip. Do not let your past loss block your mind from this one'
I was confused at first, but it became clear once we boarded the jet and took pursuit. During the very short dog fight, the two planes managed to get behind us. Remembering her words, I released my Beldum, Mjolnir, who was in the process of evolving, and put him in the jet's waste chute. Gerald emptied the chute and Mjolnir consumed one of the jets, which quickly crashed. Jane, the Rotom, told us no one could have survived that, then Mjolnir, fully evolved into a Metang, appears from the wreckage and ripped the second jet apart.

After that, I flew the jet here and you know the rest.

Ethan exhales. It wasn't obvious if that was all said in one breath or he was so use to long-winded explanations he could breath without breaking his speech. He stares at the Boss Lady, waiting for a response.

hustlertwo
2012-12-06, 07:09 AM
Paul ruffles Speck's fur and tries not to doze while the others go on with their long-winded stories. You call that an abridged version, Gerry? I'll show you abridged: we came, we saw, we stomped 'em all.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-06, 10:49 AM
'Guess that leaves me' says Romeo. 'I'm the one who can fill in the rest of the blanks.'

'You already know about the repeated attacks on the caravan. On the last one, I was the last non-civilian standing. I was asked to surrender, which I reluctantly did. Then Anni started shooting the civilians in front of me.' Romeo goes quiet, not wanting to continue remembering. 'I begged him to sare the kids, to which he somehow agreed then knocked me out.'

'I awoke in a hospital bed. Most likely I was laced there since I was the least threatening member, and I had 2 broken legs at the time after the Slugma mission.' Romeo points to his foot which he sticks up, and gives it a little wiggle. 'I was contacted by a powerful pokemon, which you may know as Cresselia if you are knowledgeable on Religious matters. She's a goddess of hope and peace. She told me she'd help me, and in return I needed to stop this...' he remembers what Ethan calls them. '...this Team Galactic, and Anni in particular, since he was a chosen of Darkrai. She healed my legs, then gave me three things. A feather to call upon her help once, an amulet which changes my Umbreon into an Espeon, and this necklace which allows me to communicate to her.' He took out the necklace and showed it to her. He didn't give it to her however, keeping hold of it himself.

'Back to the story. She healed my legs for me, and told me where our pokemon were being held. I used my knowledge of medicine and my ... 'skills' to stealth my way to the pokemon holding room. Upon arrival, I found Elly, and gave her the necklace.' With her permission, Romeo lets out Elly and shows off her new form to the woman. 'With the help of my pokemon and a stray Rotom, I was able to unite with Paul, then later Artemis and Gerald. Led by Cresselia's guidance, I was able to steer everyone to where we needed to go. Soon, we had rescued everyone but Ethan, Jessica and Taylor, and had possession of all our teams again.'

'On our way out, we were stopped by Anni. He had Ethan, Taylor and Jess captured. While, I admit I hesitated, Gerald Artemis and Paul made the right choice. They decided to focus on putting him down rather than give in to his demands. It was the right call. Anni knew Arte was our best fighter, so he took her out first. But thanks to Gerald and Paul, we managed to beat him up. And eventually, Paul was the one who took him down. What less would you expect from the ex-champ.'

'Seeing our escape route cut off, I used the feather, and that's when She appeared and stopped the small army they had. She was the one who healed us. She was the one who told us we had to stop the jets. She was the one who made sure Ethan and Gerald were able to stop them. In short, without her aid, we'd probably not have made it out alive.'

'I tried calling you so you could scramble some jets to intercept them, but your phone was disconnected. You may want to look into that. And then I called the only other senior member we knew of, Sabrina. And you know what happened in the air so that about wraps up my tale.'

Arcran
2012-12-06, 09:56 PM
The boss lady listens in stunned silence throughout the entire tale.

"That is all... Remarkable," she says, pausing, obviously stunned. "Of all the groups sent out, you were definitely not the ones we expected to succeed. And some parts of the tale..." she says, looking worried.

"Ethan, if what you say about the Skorupi being ours is correct, I have no knowledge of that but I believe I know somebody who does. I'll contact them tonight, see if I can't get some confirmation, alright?" she says, nodding at you. "If it's true, good work. You took a calculated risk and it payed off. Well done."

As she speaks, she also speaks into your mind.

If these things are ours, I'd be more than happy to send you to wherever you work on them. If your desire to study that is any indication, we have a few things that should be right up your alley. We'll find some openings for you. Or make some, if need be.

"Gerald, you said he took years of your memory?" she asks, a strange twinkle in her eye. "You only remember the last four months? That is... quite the feat. I didn't even know that power existed, although Sabrina has done similar feats. We'll see if we can't get you a record of your past, alright?"

"Paul, we're glad to see your mood hasn't changed much. And you made a new friend!" she says with a smile. "If your allies thoughts are anything to go off of, you and your Pokemon proved pivotal in the fights. Well done."

"Artemis, thank you for your assistance. And you say it was a legendary? You and your allies are now part of a lucky few who have actually encountered a legend and lived to tell the tale. Well done."

"Romeo, your tale is perhaps the most outlandish. If what you say is true, you truly are blessed. Cressalia has never been famous for taking an active role in human affairs, although when she does it is always for a good reason."

"Anyways, we had not expected anybody to return so soon. We need to get some things together; it is customary to present a new Team Rocket member with a powerful Pokemon of ours to aid them on their journey. Give us a few days to get some things together. Congratulations are in order though. Here," she says, handing you all hotel keys. "Rooms in a hotel right down the road. 17th floor is reserved completely for Rockets. Good job. You made it."

Eshkigal
2012-12-06, 10:09 PM
"Thank you, Miss. It'll probably do me good to say goodbye to a past of depression. From what I do remember, the past sucked anyway, so I look forward to a chance to write something new. Maybe I'll give some of your psychics a chance to write new ones, to see if it can help the vegetative ones."
In his head, he's rejoicing. No threats to Sparky this time! And a steady job! This was the best first day of a new life yet! He takes a key, and waits for the others to head out first, before a thought filters into his head.
"Actually, before we go...Can we find out your name finally? I've been wanting to ask for a week now, but never knew how to put it."
He leaves after any answer on that.

Esprit15
2012-12-06, 10:39 PM
Artemis takes her key. "Thank you, madame and thank you in advance for the ally Pokémon." Her mind was racing. We're in! After all of that, we made it! And a place to stay! My own room in somewhere nicer than a crappy motel! Artemis resists the urge to hug the woman. Would be unprofessional. Still, her excitement is hard to hide. "Approximately how long until we might be called on again? Want to remain available if needed."

So guys, what are you all thinking of doing with the rest of the evening? I could go for either a quick battle or a drink. Oh, Taylor, how about a rematch?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-06, 11:33 PM
Perfect. Thank you Ma'am, for your time, praise and the job. That would be lovely, I do appreciate it. Despite his cool demeanor, he is a ball of joy and excitement inside. He quickly sombers when an image of Audwulf boils to the surface, though he shows no outward change.

Eshkigal
2012-12-06, 11:33 PM
After a shower and food? I was thinking of checking out what we stole in a controlled environment, maybe get to know the members of my team again. And a little talk with Romeo.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-06, 11:40 PM
Actually, I'd like to take care of Mjolnir. He got a bit dirty and I'd like to treat him for doing good work. Ma'am, are there facilities here I could wash him, or do you know of a good Late Night carwash?

Esprit15
2012-12-06, 11:42 PM
It's not hard to see what Gerald was planning. I'm fine really. He meant well.

Eshkigal
2012-12-07, 12:09 AM
Gerald deflates a bit inside, but is still collected outside.
I call tauros**** on that, but fine. Can I at least ask him about what the hell his problem's been? He's been acting hostile.

Esprit15
2012-12-07, 12:25 AM
Talk? Sure, chat his ear off. Muk, this better not gonna start another rift in the team. Her and Paul being at odds was bad enough. Gerald and Romeo too would be... Relax, it'll be fine. Be happy! Things went well! ...Yeah, a drink would be good.

hustlertwo
2012-12-07, 07:07 AM
I'm good with whatever, yo. But I guess we did get that nice free heal from the rather disturbing incident I'd rather not talk about. Might as well use it to beat on someone else's poor, unsuspecting mons.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-07, 01:02 PM
Romeo exited the room as soon as possible, and dialled up his Lavander home, trying to reach his mother or sister.

Eshkigal
2012-12-07, 01:31 PM
Gerald walks back to the ship, before considering something.
"Hey, Arte. Got any pokemon you'd be willing to trade away? I'd be willing to give you my claim to the first eevee to hatch."

Esprit15
2012-12-07, 04:29 PM
"Hm...a couple. A Murkrow, for an Eevee I'd part with the Growlithe..." A few other mons are named.

Eshkigal
2012-12-07, 06:26 PM
"Your growlithe would be perfect for what I'm thinking. I need to swing by a center near fighting side to drop a promise off, but maybe there's a PC nearer than that? Promise I'll tell Romeo later."

Esprit15
2012-12-07, 08:26 PM
"I'll grab you his ball whenever I stop by the Center. After the battle with Taylor, if she's up for it. Oh, or Romeo and I could have a double battle with her and Jessica. Kind of like when we first met. Hey, that sound good to you guys?" Wow that was a long time ago. Had it really only been... ten days? Feels like months.

hustlertwo
2012-12-09, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't mind the Murkrow if it's on the table, Tartemis. I'm heading home to settle these guys into their new home, y'all give me a buzz if there's fighting to be done or you can think of any other fun activities, preferably involving violence.

Esprit15
2012-12-09, 10:20 PM
Try to sound positive, not hostile. Bury the hatchet. It was practically ages ago. "Depends what you're offering."

hustlertwo
2012-12-09, 10:26 PM
Why, only a genuine, 100% authentic, totally awesome Wingull! The power of flight coupled with the power of making things somewhat damp! Act now and you might get a Rattata thrown in!

Paul chuckles, and then shrugs.

Yeah, honestly, don't think I have much for you. But I guess as long as I know the bird is on the block I can hunt for something that'll catch your eye.

Eshkigal
2012-12-09, 10:47 PM
"Actually, on the rattatas, mind if I see if any want to come with me? They're tough little bastards. I know, I still owe you for Wagner, but I was going to get you one. I need to think of something else, now. Also...I kind of...forgot how to make boosters. And, well, armor and weaponry. Still know how to make pokeballs though, and I can buy those for you."

hustlertwo
2012-12-09, 10:58 PM
Don't worry about the Rattatas, Gerry. Or anyone else, for that matter. If any of them want to go with any of you, they do so with my blessing. If they don't, well, you can try again later, ya know where to find 'em. They ought to settle right in to the trailer park, lots of refuse to nibble on. And not just that little pile of garbage I've been meaning to clean up outside my window. Sorry, but just too busy to make runs to the dumpster when there's perfectly good grass to drop my trash onto.

Eshkigal
2012-12-10, 03:46 PM
As the group heads back, Gerald goes over to Romeo.
"When you're not busy, I think we need to...chat."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-10, 03:50 PM
Romeo shoulder bumps Gerald. Gerald being much bigger than him, it threw Romeo off balance a little, but the intent was behind it.

'I think we've said all that needs to be said. Honestly, unless it's work, I don't want to see your face Gerald.'

Eshkigal
2012-12-10, 03:53 PM
"No, I don't think we have. In fact, we've barely said anything. What the Void's your problem, man? You've been growing more hostile since...since the scythers! What the judging void's up with that?!"

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-10, 04:01 PM
'Void? Yeah, suppose a guy like you would know all about that, eh?' mutters Romeo under his breath.

'You! You act like all you want is a friend! Put on the big stupid puppy dog face. Do you even have feelings? Huh? Do you? Nah, all a man like you understands is survival. You don't care who has to die, long as you live. You know what we Mewish call the Void? We call it hell. Go to Gerald, and don't you dare drag the rest of us down with you.'

Eshkigal
2012-12-10, 04:06 PM
Gerald blinks, before screwing his fist up.
"Well, I could show you one, but that wouldn't be fair. I know...muk, I don't even know what I know at this point. Maybe you should start with what you even know about me, though, because I know loyalty to you all. I know I'd muking punch darkrai in the face for any of you."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-10, 04:31 PM
'No, you'd punch him 'cos violence is all you know. You think we're all like you, that we all think of friends and enemies. Kill the enemies, protect the friends. Know what else thinks like that? A wild beast. If I wanted something to watch my rear, the god damn Scyther'd do a better job than you.' Romeo gets up in Gerald's face. 'You kill, and you know what? You like it! Well not me. You're not turning me into one of you. And you sure as hell aren't turning Arte either. Not while I draw breath. Did you know she has nightmares? Yeah, I hear her cry in her sleep. Bet you'd never even blinked an eye. You didn't care the kid died, did you? You enjoyed killing Anni. It wasn't about protecting people, it was revenge. Revenge and pleasure. AND THEN YOU HAVE THE GALL TO ENCOURAGE ARTEMIS TO TAKE A LIFE AND TELL ME YOU HAVE MY BEST INTERESTS?' Romeo's face was red. He was sweating, knowing this man could kill him in a second. But he had to stand up to him now. This guy had spat on everything he'd believed in one too many times.

'Stay the hell away from me you demon.'

Eshkigal
2012-12-10, 04:49 PM
Gerald looks slightly up at the guy an inch taller at him, yelling in his face. He could shut the bastard up. One punch...no. No, that's what he'd expect. That'd make him right. Instead, he just gazes directly into his face, eyes burning with rage but face cool. Not likely to stay long, but....
"You're wrong. I wanted to save that kid-no, I wanted to save Jordan. I tried to save Jordan, but when he died, well, that is life. Why regret what you can't fix? I didn't expect you to come for me, I didn't expect you to get hurt, and you did! I think you guys are the first ones to ever do that, and I still don't get why! And I did, in fact, know about those nightmares. I LOVE the fact she feels bad about it, because then we're not the same. I hope she never does, and that she gets to stop with just that, but she's likely going to be asked to kill by the Rockets, and I can muking tell you that if she hesitates then, she'll die. And your god damn right I enjoyed killing him, but you know what? If he took your drive, your passion, your knowledge...you have a mother and sister, right? What if he took them from you, huh? What if you didn't know who they were. What if you didn't KNOW you had any? YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I ENJOYED IT!"
His face has broken into a vicious snarl, rage barely contained.
"I NEARLY SHOT MYSELF BECAUSE YOU GOT HURT! THE ONLY REASON I DIDN'T WAS BECAUSE THE BOSS LADY SAID SHE'D KILL MY ENTIRE TEAM IF I DIED! WHAT'S MORE, I TRUSTED YOU, YOU SONOVABITCH, I TOLD YOU WHAT TO EXPECT! I TOLD YOU TO REIGN ME IN BECAUSE I WANTED TO CHANGE, AND DIDN'T KNOW HOW ON MY OWN! INSTEAD, YOU BEGAN HITTING ARTEMIS, AND BITCHING, AND YOU! DIDN'T! HELP!"
He's screaming directly into Romeo's face, face red. It'd be all too easy to break him...He gives the breeder a hard shove, instead.
"NOW MY JOB, FROM OUR NEW GOD CRESSELIA, NO LESS, IS TO WADE THROUGH BLOOD SO YOU WON'T HAVE TO! AND IF THAT'S WHAT SHE WANTS, I'M GOING TO DO IT WITH A SMILE, KEEP WHAT I CHERISH SAFE EVEN IF IT COSTS ME MY LIFE, AND ELIMINATE WHAT I AM TOLD TO! YOU GOT PROBLEMS WITH THAT, TOO?!"

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-10, 05:26 PM
'You say you want to change? No! All I hear is you want to change BOSS. Not god, boss. That's what you see her as, isn't it? Someone to give orders. No, that's not what religion is. It's not some god damn reason to kill people. You want salvation? Then stop digging yourself to hell. You like the world you've made for yourself. That guy you want to kill? Still want to kill him, don't you? Just how different are you and him anyway? How different are you and Anni? How many lives have you ended and enjoyed it?'

Romeo turns his back on Gerald.

'Oh, and Gerald?' he says, in barely a whisper. 'Never talk about my sister.' He spins round and throws a punch at Gerald.

[roll0], base 4
[roll1], normal type damage, using his bare fist

Eshkigal
2012-12-10, 05:35 PM
Gerald takes it in the side of his head, sending it to the side, and breaking flakes of blood off. Surprisingly strong!
Not strong enough though. He growls.
"I hated that god damn world, I know that much. I really did try to kill myself...I don't know how many times, to get out. I wanted to change it. Also, funny. The Bidoof Muker asked me the same question. He made it so I'd never know. Same as whoever the hell you're talking about. I don't want to kill anyone, or remember why I wanted to."
His knuckles crack, as he turns his head back, fury in his eyes still, but he tries to keep his anger in check.
"That is the last free punch you get on anybody here. You ever hurt Artemis, or Ethan, or Paul, for any reason, and you'll regret it. And you never answered a god damn question about them. Would you kill the man that took your sister from you?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-10, 06:10 PM
Romeo steps back from Gerald. 'I'd never let something happen to her. I'll never let something happen to Artemis, or Elly, or any of you. I'll....... I'll...... I'll... save them all. I'll save all of you.' Romeo looks down to the ground, and starts to cry. 'I'll protect everyone. I don't care if you hate me. I don't care if Artemis never loves me. I don't care if Ethan disdains me or Paul pity's me. I don't care if you want to kill me. Don't think I don't know how you feel about me. I've seen the hatred in every single one of your eyes. Go on, hate me! HATE ME, GOD DAMN YOU! Cos I'll tell you one thing, I'll never stop trying. I'll never stop trying to be the light in the darkness. Cos if I did, I'd be worse than Anni. You'd better change your ways, cos I never will. If the day ever come when I become like you, then I'd WANT you to put a bullet through my god damned skull.'

Eshkigal
2012-12-10, 06:33 PM
Gerald drags Romeo's head up with his arm. Anger still blazes in his eyes, but now that he's not being confrontational about it...some niceness was warranted.
"I still don't hate you, despite whatever you feel for me. And I would like to help you keep them all safe. Your words are what we need. Not your fists. Now, listen. We all have our roles, and mine...mine is to make sure the rest of you don't fall, to walk the path the rest of you never have, and shouldn't. It is to jump headfirst into the darkness you seek to illuminate, the darkness I may well have been born to for all I know, and slay the monsters on their turf, their conditions, or to drag them kicking and screaming into your world, the one where people have hope. I am the blade that strikes out to your shield. My hands are likely too stained with blood, so there is no true salvation for me, but the Void will hold comfort of a life spent trying to do the right thing with what I have. Do you understand? My path is to keep doing what I do best, and to hunt the murderers, the rapists, the monsters that man can be, and to either have you set them straight so they beg for forgiveness or see them off. To see the horrors of humanity and never waver, and to carry their victims to the beacons of Her light like you."
He lets go, and steps back.
"She told me to take the knife, learn it, control it, make it a tool of Her will over despair. To become Her blade, shining crimson in the dark, to free others from Darkrai's grip so they can run to Her light. And she warned me not to fall to Darkrai's will. And you say I'm treating her as someone to take orders from, but...how can you say no, after feeling her touch? But I need your help, Romeo. Do you understand?"
He offers his hand.
"And will you please be my friend again? I can't afford to lose you. Not any of you."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-10, 07:28 PM
Romeo shook his head. 'No, that won't do. This is why you're pissing me off. You think you're beyond salvation.' He pointed to Gerald's face. 'If you'll walk in the darkness for my sake, I'll walk half in the shade for your. I'm gonna save you, whether you like it or not. I'm not going to fail you like I failed Jordan. Not again.'

'You save you have to kill, fine. I'll be there to make you feel guilty every single time. You say Rocket will make Artemis fall, then I'll save her, and change Rocket to suit my needs. You say I need to be a hero? I'll end this war as fast as possible so there are as few deaths as possible. You say you have to walk in the darkness, and me in the light? Then I'll walk in the shade, and be your beacon. If you want me to or not, it doesn't matter. If Cresselia wants me to or not, it doesn't matter. I'll save you, even if I have to drag you up from hell with my own hands. You got that! There is no way I'm going to lose to a god damn knife. Why? Cos I'm a fool. And this is a fools way. I'm the hopeless fool who'll never lose hope. And I'll save you, and that's that!'

Esprit15
2012-12-10, 07:33 PM
"...can you guys please stop dragging me into this?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-10, 07:52 PM
Disdain? Please. You are a minor annoyance at worst Romeo, an amusing conversationalist most of the time and down right comical all the time. I'd thought you knew me better I'm hurt. Ethan remarks with a marked sarcasm for the last bit.

Eshkigal
2012-12-10, 07:55 PM
Gerald looked at Romeo, rage giving way to a dull look of overdose on ham.
"...You might have lost the metaphor somewhere there, buddy. How the hell is the light source supposed to be in the shadow, for one? You automatically illuminate the metaphorical area, and besides which, you might have missed the point somewhere. But at least you're finally going to do what I asked you to days ago, and I'll be helping you all in turn to do what you guys need to. And maybe help me make a few orphanages anonymously. I wasn't joking about that when I was taunting the Bidoof Muker."
thinking for a moment, Gerald gives him a light rap on the head.
"Think I owed you that. Now if we're done with the melodrama, here's the deal. I'm giving Arte Elly's first egg. She's giving me Venator. I want to give him to John as his starter, because he likes Wagner and growlithe are as awesome as joltik and eevees. I also want to be there for him to show him how to defend himself, defend the people he cares about, and how to face whatever may come ahead. If you taught him morals, he'd probably turn out good. Is that really such a bad idea?"
He turns to look at Artemis.
I'm reasonably sure you're my best friend other than my team, so as common ground, no. Not really.

hustlertwo
2012-12-11, 07:14 AM
Paul, having already left for his trailer, was saved from having to slap both of these primadonnas upside the head.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-16, 09:05 PM
'Uhh, yeah, sorry. I watched a lot of movies and read a lot of comcics when I was younger, so sometimes I talk like that when I get over dramatic.'

'About teaching him how to defend himself. He's just had his mum die, so leave it a week or two. Bringing it up right now would just remind him of that. And I have no problem with you seeing him, but I'm sorry if you think what I said about you being an unfit guardian was hurtful. I'm just looking out for the kid, and I honestly think you should get some of your own problem sorted out before taking on others.'

Eshkigal
2012-12-16, 09:34 PM
"Maybe with your family then? Do I have family, by the way?"
He pauses.
"How about getting you to pitch civilian grade prosthetics to Silph for me once the test run's over?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-16, 11:01 PM
'Not sure if you do or not. You never were one for talking about your past. I'll take him to my home until I can talk to the church. See if I can talk the nuns into looking for a family for him. Or who knows, mum may want another little kid around the house.' Romeo chuckles. She'd probably like the chance at a son who wasn't such a disappointment.

'You need someone to sell something? Then you came to the right man Ger. Forward me the doctors notes on it and I'll have a look.'

Eshkigal
2012-12-17, 11:05 AM
"That's the thing, you are my doctor."
He reattaches his arm, having to take the upper layers off to do so. He shows Romeo the connections and motors as they attach, skin healing around them.
"This is a military grade prototype. Full integration, hardwired directly into my nervous system, full motion control. Only one I've been able to afford to make, and that took up nearly the entire reward from Copycat."

Arcran
2012-12-26, 01:21 PM
Artemis takes her key. "Thank you, madame and thank you in advance for the ally Pokémon." Her mind was racing. We're in! After all of that, we made it! And a place to stay! My own room in somewhere nicer than a crappy motel! Artemis resists the urge to hug the woman. Would be unprofessional. Still, her excitement is hard to hide. "Approximately how long until we might be called on again? Want to remain available if needed."

You'll get a break. A long break.

So guys, what are you all thinking of doing with the rest of the evening? I could go for either a quick battle or a drink. Oh, Taylor, how about a rematch?

Yes, that's exactly want to do. I get tortured, attacked, burned, and locked in a little bubble, and the first thing I want to do when I get back is have a muking battle, Taylor says telepathically.

Sorry, that sounded bitchy. But the point still stands; I don't want to battle.

Perfect. Thank you Ma'am, for your time, praise and the job. That would be lovely, I do appreciate it. Despite his cool demeanor, he is a ball of joy and excitement inside. He quickly sombers when an image of Audwulf boils to the surface, though he shows no outward change.

Happy to be of assistance.

Actually, I'd like to take care of Mjolnir. He got a bit dirty and I'd like to treat him for doing good work. Ma'am, are there facilities here I could wash him, or do you know of a good Late Night carwash?

I'm sure if you look around the base you can find a Groomer who would be more than willing to help you out.

Romeo exited the room as soon as possible, and dialled up his Lavander home, trying to reach his mother or sister.

The phone buzzes three times before somebody picks up. "Hello? Romeo? Is that you? Are you alright?" you hear, your mother's concerned voice coming out of the speaker.

Paul, having already left for his trailer, was saved from having to slap both of these primadonnas upside the head.

As you arrive at the trailer, horde in tow, you are welcomed by the familiarly terrible sight of your trailer. The Rattata quickly dive into your various piles of rotting food, beer bottles, and other things that even you can't identify, apparently in rat heaven. Big Brown follows you into the trailer, looking at you expectantly.

Esprit15
2012-12-26, 02:11 PM
Eh, thought I'd ask. A friendly one relaxes me, guess it doesn't have the same effect for you guys. She shrugs. "Well I'll be off to the Center to grab Ven. Meet you guys at the hotel, unless you have somewhere else in mind."

If nobody has anything else to say, Artemis takes the city transport (was it a monorail? I don't remember, just remember I had a pass for it) to the Pokemon Center on the Psychic side and gets Venator's ball, then heads back. Would be really nice to have those more conveniently placed, but so be it.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-26, 02:17 PM
'Mama! So good to hear you, you have no idea. I'm safe. Well, now I am at least. Sorry I didn't make it in time, the route was dangerous and we had to turn back to Saffron. Barely a dozen people made it. I'm just glad I can hear your voice again.'

He touches his Cresselia pendant. Now was probably not the best time to bring that up.

'Sorry if I worried you and Alana. I'd have called if I could.'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-26, 08:57 PM
Thank you again. Ethan leaves the others, promising to meet up with them later as he searches out a Groomer to help him clean up Mjolnir.

Eshkigal
2012-12-26, 10:41 PM
"Going to get the others that we like and find the hotel. Then get a shower finally. I'm so very tired of being covered in my own blood."
Gerald goes off to find the smart kid and the caravan guards. The dumb kids can go muk themselves.

Arcran
2012-12-27, 01:31 AM
Eh, thought I'd ask. A friendly one relaxes me, guess it doesn't have the same effect for you guys. She shrugs. "Well I'll be off to the Center to grab Ven. Meet you guys at the hotel, unless you have somewhere else in mind."

If nobody has anything else to say, Artemis takes the city transport (was it a monorail? I don't remember, just remember I had a pass for it) to the Pokemon Center on the Psychic side and gets Venator's ball, then heads back. Would be really nice to have those more conveniently placed, but so be it.

You manage to get Venator's ball and return to the hotel without incident.

'Mama! So good to hear you, you have no idea. I'm safe. Well, now I am at least. Sorry I didn't make it in time, the route was dangerous and we had to turn back to Saffron. Barely a dozen people made it. I'm just glad I can hear your voice again.'

He touches his Cresselia pendant. Now was probably not the best time to bring that up.

'Sorry if I worried you and Alana. I'd have called if I could.'

"Are you alright? Alana was going on about metal Skorupi. We thought you'd been hurt!"

Thank you again. Ethan leaves the others, promising to meet up with them later as he searches out a Groomer to help him clean up Mjolnir.

You wander around the base for a bit. After a minute or two, you hear a little humming. When you go to investigate, you see a short, plump man with a comb and hipster glasses combing a Mightyena's fur, humming a tune you can't quite recognize. He hasn't seemed to have noticed you.

"Going to get the others that we like and find the hotel. Then get a shower finally. I'm so very tired of being covered in my own blood."
Gerald goes off to find the smart kid and the caravan guards. The dumb kids can go muk themselves.

You can't seem to find them; seems like the Rockets didn't hold them. Maybe the boss lady would know where they were.

Esprit15
2012-12-27, 03:29 AM
Before going back to the hotel, she picks up her few belongings from the motel she had been staying at before. Clothes, mostly.

Artemis finds her room and takes a long, warm shower. After washing off blood and copious amounts of soap to remove the smell of blood and burned...well, everything, she finds her injuries that would have normally been terrible were little more than scars. What's more, the older scars that she bore were also more faded, barely noticeable. Thank you, Crescelia. She goes to clean off her armor. Need to get bits of it repared. She could probably find an armor smith among the TR workers tomorrow, possibly get it improved in general. She puts it in a closet in the mean time for safe keeping.

After she is cleaned, Arte changes into some actually nice clothes, especially for her. A light blue shirt, the one skirt that she did have. She felt good today, ever since the miracle. More lively, energetic, happier. After cleaning off her somehow not broken glasses, she heads down to the entryway.

Hm, just a few things to do to the room. Need a tank for Ambly. Or she could share one with Joe. Joe... Oh, Gerald! Where is Gerald, gotta get him Ven. ...back at the base. Eh, he can wait. Eevee won't hatch for a while. Wait, he wanted to give him to the boy though...

-Hey Gerald, got Ven. I'm at the hotel right now.-

She sends a message to everyone (minus Paul, who seemed in a hurry to get out of things), asking about what everyone was thinking of doing for the evening.

Message should get through once you guys finish whatever you're doing right now, given some of my time jumping.

Also, time check?

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-27, 09:46 AM
'I was in danger, but I'm fine now. And about that ...' Romeo pauses. He wasn't sure how much he could share with his family. They knew about the metal Skorupi, but was he allowed to tell them more than that? He had Konoha, and Elly. They were safe to talk about. 'I got my hands on some rare pokemon. I want you two to have look at them. I have two ... maybe 3 that are worth a look at. A friend of mine acquired a plane recently. I'll see if he can fly me over to Lavander soon. I miss you Mama.'

Eshkigal
2012-12-27, 02:56 PM
Of course. He heads back, quickly, and sticks his head in.
"Sorry, got a bit sidetracked, Boss. Can you tell me where Marc, the twins, and the kid without a pokemon went? Also, where can I find a snagger to determine loyalties of pokemon taken from the other base, and a fortified room to send out and determine what exactly I did grab?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-27, 06:14 PM
Excuse me sir? I was wondering if you could assist me in cleaning my metang. He got a bit dirty on our last mission. Ethan asks politely genuine on his face.

Arcran
2012-12-27, 07:11 PM
Before going back to the hotel, she picks up her few belongings from the motel she had been staying at before. Clothes, mostly.

Artemis finds her room and takes a long, warm shower. After washing off blood and copious amounts of soap to remove the smell of blood and burned...well, everything, she finds her injuries that would have normally been terrible were little more than scars. What's more, the older scars that she bore were also more faded, barely noticeable. Thank you, Crescelia. She goes to clean off her armor. Need to get bits of it repared. She could probably find an armor smith among the TR workers tomorrow, possibly get it improved in general. She puts it in a closet in the mean time for safe keeping.

After she is cleaned, Arte changes into some actually nice clothes, especially for her. A light blue shirt, the one skirt that she did have. She felt good today, ever since the miracle. More lively, energetic, happier. After cleaning off her somehow not broken glasses, she heads down to the entryway.

Hm, just a few things to do to the room. Need a tank for Ambly. Or she could share one with Joe. Joe... Oh, Gerald! Where is Gerald, gotta get him Ven. ...back at the base. Eh, he can wait. Eevee won't hatch for a while. Wait, he wanted to give him to the boy though...

-Hey Gerald, got Ven. I'm at the hotel right now.-

She sends a message to everyone (minus Paul, who seemed in a hurry to get out of things), asking about what everyone was thinking of doing for the evening.

Message should get through once you guys finish whatever you're doing right now, given some of my time jumping.

Also, time check?

You get to wait around for a bit I guess.

'I was in danger, but I'm fine now. And about that ...' Romeo pauses. He wasn't sure how much he could share with his family. They knew about the metal Skorupi, but was he allowed to tell them more than that? He had Konoha, and Elly. They were safe to talk about. 'I got my hands on some rare pokemon. I want you two to have look at them. I have two ... maybe 3 that are worth a look at. A friend of mine acquired a plane recently. I'll see if he can fly me over to Lavander soon. I miss you Mama.'

"Oh! Rare Pokemon! What did you get?" she asks, all concern for your well-being thrown out the window a the mention of good breeding stock.

Of course. He heads back, quickly, and sticks his head in.
"Sorry, got a bit sidetracked, Boss. Can you tell me where Marc, the twins, and the kid without a pokemon went? Also, where can I find a snagger to determine loyalties of pokemon taken from the other base, and a fortified room to send out and determine what exactly I did grab?"

"We sent them to the same hotel you all are in, our treat. Do you have business with them?" she asks.

Excuse me sir? I was wondering if you could assist me in cleaning my metang. He got a bit dirty on our last mission. Ethan asks politely genuine on his face.

The man starts, clipping off a chunk of hair he likely didn't want to.

"Damn!" he shouts, then turns to you, an odd twinkle in his eye.

"Did you say Metang?" he says, a grin slowly grinning. "Give me a second. Nana, wait here!" he says to the Mightyena. It obediently sits down, looking at you with decided disinterest.

You hear rummaging in boxes and see a few small tools fly through the air. The man soon comes back carrying two gallon jugs of something, a small container of something else, and a large buffer.

"Now how about you let that beauty out!" he says, plugging the buffer in. "Let Jimmy work his magic!"

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-27, 07:33 PM
'Well, I got a specimen from the Steelupi, but I think it may be sterile. It's also very hostile, so we may have some trouble examining it, though of course I'd like you and Alana's input into making it more docile. I also recovered a Grass shifted Vulpix, saved after it's trainer died. I'm not sure how breeding works when the type shift is initiated by a trainer, we'll need to see. And last...' He didn't know how to tell her it was Elly. She might be happy, she may freak out. 'I think it best you see for yourself in person. Think you're up to the task Mama?' he asks in a teasing voice.

Eshkigal
2012-12-27, 07:38 PM
"Some, Miss. Minor things, owed pokemon, drinks for the older ones due to the sheer nature of the events of the past few days. And the location of a snagger and a fortified room to find out some things about pokemon taken from the enemy camp, please? Some of these could admittedly be from the other teams sent out, not sure. Though one...Miss, do we have permission to keep the steel skorupi we caught?"

hustlertwo
2012-12-27, 10:58 PM
Paul holds a ball out for Big Brown to see.

All of you did good back there, and I'll take care of you no matter what. But you, you've got the potential to be more than just a pack leader. You can be a star, BB. I gots a date to tackle a gym, I think. And I'd like to have you by my side. Whaddya say? Wanna go show them the underestimated power of the Rattata?

Arcran
2012-12-27, 11:35 PM
'Well, I got a specimen from the Steelupi, but I think it may be sterile. It's also very hostile, so we may have some trouble examining it, though of course I'd like you and Alana's input into making it more docile. I also recovered a Grass shifted Vulpix, saved after it's trainer died. I'm not sure how breeding works when the type shift is initiated by a trainer, we'll need to see. And last...' He didn't know how to tell her it was Elly. She might be happy, she may freak out. 'I think it best you see for yourself in person. Think you're up to the task Mama?' he asks in a teasing voice.

"Steelupi. That's funny," she says with a chuckle.

"But a Grass Vulpix! Oh my god! What does it look like! They're already so pretty and if you add a few flowers it would be even better-"

Your mother is now in full Pokemon obsession mode.

"Some, Miss. Minor things, owed pokemon, drinks for the older ones due to the sheer nature of the events of the past few days. And the location of a snagger and a fortified room to find out some things about pokemon taken from the enemy camp, please? Some of these could admittedly be from the other teams sent out, not sure. Though one...Miss, do we have permission to keep the steel skorupi we caught?"

The boss lady sits down for a second, thinking.

You can keep the Skorupi, but on a few conditions. Firstly, tell nobody you own it. They don't exist, understand? Second, don't use them in a regular battle or even Gym Battles. They don't exist. Finally, keep them a secret. They don't exist, understand? she says, saying it for the third time.

Paul holds a ball out for Big Brown to see.

All of you did good back there, and I'll take care of you no matter what. But you, you've got the potential to be more than just a pack leader. You can be a star, BB. I gots a date to tackle a gym, I think. And I'd like to have you by my side. Whaddya say? Wanna go show them the underestimated power of the Rattata?

The Rattata looks at the ball, then back at you. Then at the ball, then back at you. It grins; can a Rattata grin? Well, it gives the closet thing to a grin a Rattata can do then backs up, gets a running start, and leaps at the Pokeball, connecting with it headfirst.

Congratulations! You have captured aaaaaaaaa
Level 21 Rattata (Almost Raticate)
Nature: Brave
Ability: Guts
Moves: Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Bite, Pursuit, Hyper Fang, Crunch

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-27, 11:46 PM
Ethan chuckles at the man's enthusiasm, releasing the Jetang. Be gentle now.

Eshkigal
2012-12-28, 12:10 AM
"I understand, but I would like to advise a bit on the situation first from the perspective of one who saw them in action. Frankly, they sent maybe 200 at us in a short period, easily, and best case scenario they already have one drapion. Aniketos implied there were quite a few more multiple times when talking about the other groups. They may have numbers where containment is not an option. Though, perhaps...well, from my understanding, they were a big part of Aniketos's plans to cause hell for Saffron. Maybe passing blame is possible if need be?"
He stops, and considers this, looking down at Alcanda's ball.
"Also, now that I know the conditions for keeping them, if one of us decides to trade theirs in, what could we expect for them?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 06:13 PM
'Yeah, she's a looker. As I said, I'd want to look into Grasspix first, it seems a better choice, and even if the type shift doesn't breed, Vulpix are cute and would bring you business.' Romeo wanted to investigate his Steelupi before showing it to his mother and sister. 'Oh, one more thing. I'm looking after a kid, don't worry, not mine, I'm not that irresponsible. He lost his mother on the caravan trip. I want to contact the Lavander officials, see if I can find out about his father or maybe get him into care. Think you could help me look after him for a couple of days while I chase up some people in the church to give me a hand? I know you'd probably appreciate having a young boy around the house who doesn't disappoint you' jokes Romeo.

Arcran
2012-12-28, 08:38 PM
Ethan chuckles at the man's enthusiasm, releasing the Jetang. Be gentle now.

"OH MY GOD!" he shouts, looking at the dented, soot-covered Pokemon. "What have you done to this Pokemon!" he says, putting on some thick leather gloves. "Shame on you!"

Without another word he gets to work. He gets a mop, dunking it in one of the gallon jugs. He probably spends almost an hour just getting all of the ash off Mjolnir. He then pulls out a small knife and goes after the grooves in Mjolnir's armor, removing debris.

Throughout this process Mjolnir simply sits there, looking at you, somehow seeming content with little facial movement. The Groomer than grabs a pile of rags, wiping down the Metang even more. Finally he gets out the buffer and, after almost two hours of work, finishes off to a sparkling, even hided Mjolnir who looks amazing. Even the jets were cleaned.

"There you go kid! Also, found this in one of the cracks," he says, handing you a small rock. "Must have gotten lodged in there at some point."

You identify the rock as a Moon Stone.

I said I'd get it to you.

"I understand, but I would like to advise a bit on the situation first from the perspective of one who saw them in action. Frankly, they sent maybe 200 at us in a short period, easily, and best case scenario they already have one drapion. Aniketos implied there were quite a few more multiple times when talking about the other groups. They may have numbers where containment is not an option. Though, perhaps...well, from my understanding, they were a big part of Aniketos's plans to cause hell for Saffron. Maybe passing blame is possible if need be?"
He stops, and considers this, looking down at Alcanda's ball.
"Also, now that I know the conditions for keeping them, if one of us decides to trade theirs in, what could we expect for them?"

A squad is already heading out to find the hive. Anyways, if you want to go talk to the kid or the caravan leaders, here are their room numbers, she says, writing down a few rooms.

And who's to say I haven't seen them in action? I know more than you'd think, she says, looking at you.

'Yeah, she's a looker. As I said, I'd want to look into Grasspix first, it seems a better choice, and even if the type shift doesn't breed, Vulpix are cute and would bring you business.' Romeo wanted to investigate his Steelupi before showing it to his mother and sister. 'Oh, one more thing. I'm looking after a kid, don't worry, not mine, I'm not that irresponsible. He lost his mother on the caravan trip. I want to contact the Lavander officials, see if I can find out about his father or maybe get him into care. Think you could help me look after him for a couple of days while I chase up some people in the church to give me a hand? I know you'd probably appreciate having a young boy around the house who doesn't disappoint you' jokes Romeo.

"A younger boy! I'd love to!" she says, oddly happy. "It's been so long since little feet that weren't Pokemon ran around the house," she says dreamily.

Eshkigal
2012-12-28, 08:59 PM
"My apologies, you expressed a lack of knowledge earlier, Miss. During the debriefing. Understood, though."
He takes the piece of paper, and tucks it in a pocket not damp with blood.
"Thank you, and sorry to once again waste your time. Also, if Alcanda proves unable to act independent of his drapions, I shall hand him over."
With that, he gives a quick bow and leaves. He checks his phone, and fires a message off.
Headed there now. Business can wait until after a shower, right? Tired of being covered in my own blood. Also, the rupi are to be considered classified and not for general or gym use. Pass that along, please.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 08:59 PM
'Thanks mama, knew I could count on you. We'll hopefully see you soon. I'll go to the PC and send over the Vulpix for you to check out. In return, send back that Abra I got.' Romeo replies to Arte that he's going to check out both Elly and the Steelupi, try to see if he can learn more about either of them. He then texts Gerald, asking if he can check on the kid and ask about any relatives, especially his dad.

Lastly, he heads to a computer, and swaps Konoha out for X.

Team is Elly, Fairy, Luna, Puck, Lamia and X

Eshkigal
2012-12-28, 09:11 PM
Just as he's about to put his phone away, he gets another text.
-Sure. They're in our building, by the way. Also, rupi are considered classified. Not for use or mention outside TR. Arte knows, pass it on.

Esprit15
2012-12-28, 09:15 PM
Gerald: -Of course.

If we can't use them very much publicly, they aren't much good. Anything we could trade them in for?-

Romeo: -Gerald says that Boss told him the Steel Skorupi are to remain classified, so checking them out in public is not possible.

Mind if I come? I'm somewhat curious about Elly as well. If yes, she heads out to meet up with Romeo.

She forwards the message to the others about the Skorupi being top secret.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-28, 10:21 PM
It was justified, I assure you. Ethan chides as the man begins working. He pays close attention to the detailed cleaning the man did. He was excellent at his job. Ethan retrieves his pad taking notes on what to use and what spots to pay attention to.

Upon receiving the test. I should have figured. Any self respecting inventor keeps their inventions secret till they have a patent. Thank you sir. I shall take my leave now. C'mon Mjlonir, lets go home in style.

Ethan walks through the base, returning Mjolnir only if he could not fit through any doorways till he was out in the night air. Ethan climbs up Mjolnir, stepping onto his flat back. He kneels down, grabbing hold as tight as he could. He had never ridden a pokemon before, especially not a flying one. Lets go make an entrance. As he guides the Jetang towards the hotel.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-28, 11:59 PM
-Sort of told mother, but she's distracted with Konoha. Alana knows too. Will tell them to keep quiet. Meet at hotel room. I'll check Scorupi, you talk with Elly, okay?-

Romeo then texts his mother to disregard anything to do with the Steelupi, implying his new job wanted it very hush hush, and keeping it quite could lead to a big promotion for him. Which wasn't totally untrue. He tells her to take care of Konoha, and he'll be over ASAP.

Esprit15
2012-12-29, 12:10 AM
-Sounds good-

Artemis heads back to the room. She looks around the room as she waits. Yeah, a tank would go very nicely right on that wall. Maybe a perch for Aquilla, Calva, and any other birds she and the others catch. Obviously wouldn't dare leave them alone for an extended period, but it would be a good home as long as they were in town.

hustlertwo
2012-12-29, 12:44 AM
Paul grins even wider than the rodent.

Oh yeah...it's time. Time to reclaim what is mine.

Paul heads to the Psychic Gym.

I am Paul Ticker, and I want me a badge. Who must I fight for this honor?

Arcran
2012-12-29, 12:54 PM
"My apologies, you expressed a lack of knowledge earlier, Miss. During the debriefing. Understood, though."
He takes the piece of paper, and tucks it in a pocket not damp with blood.
"Thank you, and sorry to once again waste your time. Also, if Alcanda proves unable to act independent of his drapions, I shall hand him over."
With that, he gives a quick bow and leaves. He checks his phone, and fires a message off.
Headed there now. Business can wait until after a shower, right? Tired of being covered in my own blood. Also, the rupi are to be considered classified and not for general or gym use. Pass that along, please.

The Boss Lady nods.

Oh, and Gerald. We'll have your history for you in the morning. Swing by to pick it up.

You soon reach the hotel.

'Thanks mama, knew I could count on you. We'll hopefully see you soon. I'll go to the PC and send over the Vulpix for you to check out. In return, send back that Abra I got.' Romeo replies to Arte that he's going to check out both Elly and the Steelupi, try to see if he can learn more about either of them. He then texts Gerald, asking if he can check on the kid and ask about any relatives, especially his dad.

Lastly, he heads to a computer, and swaps Konoha out for X.

Team is Elly, Fairy, Luna, Puck, Lamia and X

You successfully utilize the box system.

It was justified, I assure you. Ethan chides as the man begins working. He pays close attention to the detailed cleaning the man did. He was excellent at his job. Ethan retrieves his pad taking notes on what to use and what spots to pay attention to.

Upon receiving the test. I should have figured. Any self respecting inventor keeps their inventions secret till they have a patent. Thank you sir. I shall take my leave now. C'mon Mjlonir, lets go home in style.

Ethan walks through the base, returning Mjolnir only if he could not fit through any doorways till he was out in the night air. Ethan climbs up Mjolnir, stepping onto his flat back. He kneels down, grabbing hold as tight as he could. He had never ridden a pokemon before, especially not a flying one. Lets go make an entrance. As he guides the Jetang towards the hotel.

You soon reach the hotel, Mjolnir's new shiny hide reflecting the light of the street lamps.

-Sort of told mother, but she's distracted with Konoha. Alana knows too. Will tell them to keep quiet. Meet at hotel room. I'll check Scorupi, you talk with Elly, okay?-

Romeo then texts his mother to disregard anything to do with the Steelupi, implying his new job wanted it very hush hush, and keeping it quite could lead to a big promotion for him. Which wasn't totally untrue. He tells her to take care of Konoha, and he'll be over ASAP.

Your mother replies, stating that she understands. She seems excited about the promotion.

-Sounds good-

Artemis heads back to the room. She looks around the room as she waits. Yeah, a tank would go very nicely right on that wall. Maybe a perch for Aquilla, Calva, and any other birds she and the others catch. Obviously wouldn't dare leave them alone for an extended period, but it would be a good home as long as they were in town.

You are happy in your thoughts until you realize it is a hotel room, not an apartment. Shame.

Paul grins even wider than the rodent.

Oh yeah...it's time. Time to reclaim what is mine.

Paul heads to the Psychic Gym.

I am Paul Ticker, and I want me a badge. Who must I fight for this honor?

"Uh, come back in the morning," a trainer with six Pokeballs states, looking at you. "It's a little late for a battle. You can sign up there," she says, pointing at a book. In the book it has three columns.

TRAINER || HIGHEST LEVEL PKMN || NUMBER OF BADGES

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-29, 02:49 PM
Romeo goes to his room and opens the door. 'Hey Arte.' He goes over and gives her a quick peck on the cheek. Elly follows in after and nods to her.

'What should we do first? Examine Elly and her ... new form? Ability? I'm ...still not sure how she does it. Or should we look at the Steelupi? I don't think I should look at it alone, just incase it's hostile. I'd prefer to tame it. I'm interested if it's organic or synthetic. If it's type shifted, or if it's actually an artificial pokemon, like Voltorb or Porygon.'

Eshkigal
2012-12-29, 02:59 PM
"Thank you."
At the hotel, he heads up to his room, pulling out his normal team and sending them out, first. A little rummaging lets him find something big enough to fill with water for Joe-thank gods for acknowledgement that everyone's going to have something with certain needs-and sets his toolkit down at the foot of the bed. Meanwhile, Kubota and Whisper look around, before rushing the bed, trying to claim it first, as Glasgow begins sniffing around in curiosity. Wagner, being the gentlemon he is, waits for the others to settle, occasionally helping one of them up, before hopping up on a chair. Sparky stays with Gerald, though, sitting on his head as he heads towards the bathroom.
As he gets ready for the first shower in days, he pauses. What did he look like, anyway? He takes off his shirt, and after looking in the mirror, regrets his curiosity almost immediately. Far too many bullet wounds, knife cuts, chemical burns, and the occasional missing gouge spot his torso, leaving an unholy mess there. Strange, hexagonal patterns cross over his stomach as well-a scale imprint? More seems to be on his back, burns from pokers and cigars, scars that look like they went deep, some metal shrapnel here and there.
And as he looks, he remembers what Aniketos said to him. Called him a psychopath. Maybe the dead bastard was right, with this kind of damage to his body...or at least, was right about who he had been. Might need to find out exactly how bad this all is, though.
Setting Sparky outside the room (where she chitters and begins eating at an outlet), he goes back to what he was doing. An hour or so later (because Arceus JUDGE that was a lot of blood) he comes back out, rummaging for clean clothes. Why did most of his have to be covered in blood?

Esprit15
2012-12-29, 03:18 PM
"Well with boss barring our use of them in just about anything besides jobs, they are a lot less useful to us. Although, now that you word it that way, Ethan might be very interested in them. This seems like exactly what he was kicked out of Pewter for trying to accomplish. He might be a better person to work on the Skorupi with.

Though I think all there is to Elly is to figure out how to shift forms. It's not exactly scientific what happened to her." She looks at the Espeon. "Did you get an sort of instruction in this from Crescelia?"

She thinks about what she knew. Crescelia, a legendary of healing, peaceful sleep and representing the crescent and full moon, gave Elly, initially an Umbreon, the ability to transform into an Espeon. Espeon typically are associated with dawn and day, while Umbreon with night, unlike most Darks who are associated with deception. It could be something as simple as she changes forms throughout the day- no, that can't be it. It's night and she's still an Espeon. I suppose if exposure to the necklace, which seems to be a source of Psychic energy...no, he'd never go for that, even if it was true. It's risky, and why would she even do such a thing? Far too risky to be the only way to trigger the change. "I've got nothing, really."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-29, 04:34 PM
'Ethan's interest in them is from a mechanical point of view. Honestly, that bores me. I'm more interested in them from a behavioural point-of-view. An entire colony of type shifts? How would that effect their mentality and bahaviour patterns? And more important than that, will this help clarify the line between artificial pokemon and natural pokemon? I assume they were mass type shifted, or bred from a mating pair, but it'd be folly to rule out the possibility that these are artificial pokemon, mass fabricated.'

He bent down, next to Elly, and ran his hand over her neck. 'So, girl. Do you have any clue? Can you shift back? Or remove the pendant? How about any other forms? Do you think you could become a Glaceon, or Flareon?'

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-29, 05:25 PM
Alright Mjolnir up. Nice and slow. The Jetang rises slowly up the side of the hotel, rotating around to Artemis' room. He saw her leave first so she should be home. He gently taps on the window, waiting for her to open up the window.

Esprit15
2012-12-29, 05:42 PM
Arte heads to the window to let Ethan in while Elly talks to her owner. "Just looking into Elly's change and the Steel Skorupi. Not the best 'We made it!' party in the world." As he gets in, she adds, "You know there is an interior entrance, right?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-29, 05:54 PM
Whats the fun of that Artemis? He quickly returns Mjolnir, since he couldn't fit through the window. The Steelupi may or may not be a good idea to release in a small, cramped space. The Boss however, has offered to allow me to study them under controlled conditions. I suggest we wait till then.

Ethan proceeds to release Thor and Ollie, allowing them to stretch out and relax.

Arcran
2012-12-30, 12:07 AM
"Well with boss barring our use of them in just about anything besides jobs, they are a lot less useful to us. Although, now that you word it that way, Ethan might be very interested in them. This seems like exactly what he was kicked out of Pewter for trying to accomplish. He might be a better person to work on the Skorupi with.

Though I think all there is to Elly is to figure out how to shift forms. It's not exactly scientific what happened to her." She looks at the Espeon. "Did you get an sort of instruction in this from Crescelia?"

She thinks about what she knew. Crescelia, a legendary of healing, peaceful sleep and representing the crescent and full moon, gave Elly, initially an Umbreon, the ability to transform into an Espeon. Espeon typically are associated with dawn and day, while Umbreon with night, unlike most Darks who are associated with deception. It could be something as simple as she changes forms throughout the day- no, that can't be it. It's night and she's still an Espeon. I suppose if exposure to the necklace, which seems to be a source of Psychic energy...no, he'd never go for that, even if it was true. It's risky, and why would she even do such a thing? Far too risky to be the only way to trigger the change. "I've got nothing, really."

No

'Ethan's interest in them is from a mechanical point of view. Honestly, that bores me. I'm more interested in them from a behavioural point-of-view. An entire colony of type shifts? How would that effect their mentality and bahaviour patterns? And more important than that, will this help clarify the line between artificial pokemon and natural pokemon? I assume they were mass type shifted, or bred from a mating pair, but it'd be folly to rule out the possibility that these are artificial pokemon, mass fabricated.'

He bent down, next to Elly, and ran his hand over her neck. 'So, girl. Do you have any clue? Can you shift back? Or remove the pendant? How about any other forms? Do you think you could become a Glaceon, or Flareon?'

I have no idea.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-30, 12:35 AM
Romeo checks where the necklace was absorbed. 'Can you still feel it on you? Did you absorb it? I know Lady Cresselia said you would be able to turn back, but I can't go running to her for every little thing.'

'Try ....try stopping your telepathy. Cut yourself off. Block out everything mentally, and picture yourself as you were. Don't think about the pendant or Cresselia, or being an Espeon. Remember back to being an Umbreon. Just picture you and me, you as an Umbreon, walking together at night, in light of a full moon.'

If it was controlled be her mentally, this may work.

Esprit15
2012-12-30, 01:06 AM
Artemis lets out a few of her team members as well, seeing Ethan's mons making the place their home. Aquilla and Calva fly and find a high place that's comfortable. Prolios looks around before wandering to a fridge to find food. "Hey Ethan, Romeo, we might be able to breed Prolios for another Ralts egg. Their evolution is split, if I remember the dex's data right." The Ralts looks over at his name being mentioned, but apparently it wasn't an order to stop doing what he was doing, and continues his rummaging.

Eshkigal
2012-12-30, 01:26 AM
It takes a while, but finally, some non-sullied clothing is found. Gerald heads out, Sparky hopping onboard and Wagner following, and stops at Arte's door before knocking.
"Hey, can I come in? I'm here to collect Ven."

Esprit15
2012-12-30, 01:29 AM
"Yeah, no problem." Arte unlocks the door. "Got his ball here."

Eshkigal
2012-12-30, 01:47 AM
Sparky waves and Wagner moves forward, happy to see the others in less stressful situations. Gerald steps in after.
"Hey Romeo, Ethan. Any questions you want me to ask in particular, Romeo? Or suggestions how, maybe?"

Arcran
2012-12-30, 03:22 AM
Romeo checks where the necklace was absorbed. 'Can you still feel it on you? Did you absorb it? I know Lady Cresselia said you would be able to turn back, but I can't go running to her for every little thing.'

'Try ....try stopping your telepathy. Cut yourself off. Block out everything mentally, and picture yourself as you were. Don't think about the pendant or Cresselia, or being an Espeon. Remember back to being an Umbreon. Just picture you and me, you as an Umbreon, walking together at night, in light of a full moon.'

If it was controlled be her mentally, this may work.

Elly closes her eyes, focusing. She starts shaking, then sweating. Her tail begins to turn black...

Then she slumps to the ground, unconscious, still an Espeon.

Esprit15
2012-12-30, 03:59 AM
"I think you're on to something, Romeo. Let's let her rest, though. It's been a long day. Try again in the morning." She gives the Espeon a soft pat on the head. Maybe I'll help work with you tomorrow before focusing on my team. "Speaking of long days, I am famished. I haven't eaten since... Muk, I don't even know. Last meal I had was vomited up when I found out it was spiked with a Psychic suppressant." She starts over to the fridge, almost shoving Prolios out of the way, looking for anything to eat. If she finds nothing, she calls the front desk, asking about food.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-30, 09:45 AM
He picks Elly up gently, giving her a soft kiss on the head. 'Good try girl. Rest up, you did a great job today.' He takes her over to the bed, and lays her softly on the base of it. He goes back to Ethan and Artemis. 'As I told Arte, I'm not interested in the Steelupi for science sake. I don't particularly care how they work, I want to see what they do. Labs don't exactly help with that. But everyone but me seems tired. Maybe I should leave this till tomorrow.' He gives a loud yawn.

Since everyone else was letting the teams out, may as well join in. He lets out Luna, Fairy and Puck. When they all settle in, he lets out X. 'Umm, hi. I know I haven't had a chance to introduce myself yet, it's been a bit busy. I'm Romeo, your new trainer. Welcome to the team little guy.'

Eshkigal
2012-12-30, 11:42 AM
"I was going to see if I couldn't see what mon we grabbed off the racks were and if Alcanda was able to function independently of the hive, personally. But food sounds good, too."
He looks for a little yellow book-he remembers a food section from times he's used them to reinforce impromptu housing-and after finding one, flips through.
"Hey, what's pizza?"

Esprit15
2012-12-30, 12:06 PM
Artemis drops the phone back onto the reciever as she's about to call when Gerald asks the question. "The. Best. Food. Ever. Anywhere." Artemis looks at Romeo introducing himself to his mon. Need to get better acquainted with the Bayleef. Might do that when not indoors.

Arcran
2012-12-30, 12:11 PM
"I think you're on to something, Romeo. Let's let her rest, though. It's been a long day. Try again in the morning." She gives the Espeon a soft pat on the head. Maybe I'll help work with you tomorrow before focusing on my team. "Speaking of long days, I am famished. I haven't eaten since... Muk, I don't even know. Last meal I had was vomited up when I found out it was spiked with a Psychic suppressant." She starts over to the fridge, almost shoving Prolios out of the way, looking for anything to eat. If she finds nothing, she calls the front desk, asking about food.

Prolios glares at you, going to sit in a chair, somehow pulling himself up.

He picks Elly up gently, giving her a soft kiss on the head. 'Good try girl. Rest up, you did a great job today.' He takes her over to the bed, and lays her softly on the base of it. He goes back to Ethan and Artemis. 'As I told Arte, I'm not interested in the Steelupi for science sake. I don't particularly care how they work, I want to see what they do. Labs don't exactly help with that. But everyone but me seems tired. Maybe I should leave this till tomorrow.' He gives a loud yawn.

Since everyone else was letting the teams out, may as well join in. He lets out Luna, Fairy and Puck. When they all settle in, he lets out X. 'Umm, hi. I know I haven't had a chance to introduce myself yet, it's been a bit busy. I'm Romeo, your new trainer. Welcome to the team little guy.'

The Abra appears out of the Pokeball. It looks astounding. Well bred, clean, groomed, well worth the trade.

It takes one look around the room at your team, then falls asleep without saying a word.

Eshkigal
2012-12-30, 01:01 PM
"Let's get some of those, then. Call Jess and Taylor, see if they want any, I'll get John, the Twins, and Marc, and we can make a bulk order. Also, call Paul since he's not here, see if he wants in. Sound good?"
He puts the phonebook down so it'll stay open on the pizzeria page.

Esprit15
2012-12-30, 01:30 PM
-Hey Taylor, group is getting some food, Gerald wanted me to ask you if you and Jess wanted in. Nothing special: pizza, some drinks.- Suppose I should let Paul know. -Hey, Gerald wanted me to ask you if you were going to join us tonight or just hang out at your trailer with the Rattata.- She sends him the room number, though hopes he doesn't come. Place is already slightly crowded feeling.

hustlertwo
2012-12-30, 03:25 PM
Paul goes to the logbook and signs in with gusto.

Name: Paul Mother-*EXPLETIVE DELETED* Ticker
Level of highest Pokemon: 23, although I really wanna say 69 just 'cuz.
Badges: None...yet

He then notices the message and responds.

-I'll pop in for a bit. Got an appointment all early in the morning-like.-

He eyes up the trainer with the Pokeballs.

So, are you a challenger, or a member of the home team here? I'm feeling pretty good, but any intel you have about what I might face tomorrow would be welcome.

Arcran
2012-12-30, 06:01 PM
"Let's get some of those, then. Call Jess and Taylor, see if they want any, I'll get John, the Twins, and Marc, and we can make a bulk order. Also, call Paul since he's not here, see if he wants in. Sound good?"
He puts the phonebook down so it'll stay open on the pizzeria page.

You quickly find a cheap joint; Muk's Pizza. Despite the name, they have good reviews.

-Hey Taylor, group is getting some food, Gerald wanted me to ask you if you and Jess wanted in. Nothing special: pizza, some drinks.- Suppose I should let Paul know. -Hey, Gerald wanted me to ask you if you were going to join us tonight or just hang out at your trailer with the Rattata.- She sends him the room number, though hopes he doesn't come. Place is already slightly crowded feeling.

Taylor replies fairly quickly.

-Sure, me and Jess will be there! Beats sitting around doing nothing!-

Paul goes to the logbook and signs in with gusto.

Name: Paul Mother-*EXPLETIVE DELETED* Ticker
Level of highest Pokemon: 23, although I really wanna say 69 just 'cuz.
Badges: None...yet

He then notices the message and responds.

-I'll pop in for a bit. Got an appointment all early in the morning-like.-

He eyes up the trainer with the Pokeballs.

So, are you a challenger, or a member of the home team here? I'm feeling pretty good, but any intel you have about what I might face tomorrow would be welcome.

The trainer slowly blows a large bubble with some gum, then pops it.

"We like Psychic types. That's all you get Mr...." she says, looking at the book,

"Mother****er. Well, aren't you full of yourself? Hope you can back that up."

Eshkigal
2012-12-30, 06:49 PM
"Got one, Muk's Pizza. Apparently fairly good. Anyway, I'm gonna grab the others we like, see what they want. Arte, can I get Ven's ball?"
He tosses 300 poke on the table for his share, and once he has it he heads down. He heads for each door, starting with Marc's.
"Hey, we're ordering pizzas. Want some? Also, your free punch to my face, if you want."

Esprit15
2012-12-30, 07:02 PM
Artemis sends the girls the room number. "Right here. Careful with Wild Charge. That move is deadly." Wow, accidentally killing a Totodile seemed rather...minor, compared to recent events. The ball floats after Gerald. She tosses in ^200.

hustlertwo
2012-12-30, 09:04 PM
-ing, not -er. Sorry, bad handwriting. And if that name doesn't mean anything to you, ask your parents. I'd be glad to put on a little display tonight, but I don't want to give anything away for tomorrow. See ya, sport.

He goes to rendezvous with the others, and kicks in 250 poke for the pizza as well.

Man, I hope the Rockets fork out some cash for our recent escapades. I'm starting to run thin.

Esprit15
2012-12-30, 09:16 PM
"Same. They also said something about a powerful mon. I don't know where I'll find room on my team for that. Already full, have an Eevee on the way and would like to get Fortuna some experience at some point as well.

...hm, just realized I don't know what I plan to evolve the Eevee into."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-31, 08:23 AM
Romeo, being broke beyond belief, chips in his last $65 and orders a salad from the pizza place. Even more important than Steelupi, he needed some cash tomorrow.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-31, 11:29 AM
Ethan pulls out his wallet, grabbing ^250 for the pizza as well. Make sure one has olives. I like olives.

Arcran
2012-12-31, 11:47 AM
-ing, not -er. Sorry, bad handwriting. And if that name doesn't mean anything to you, ask your parents. I'd be glad to put on a little display tonight, but I don't want to give anything away for tomorrow. See ya, sport.

He goes to rendezvous with the others, and kicks in 250 poke for the pizza as well.

Man, I hope the Rockets fork out some cash for our recent escapades. I'm starting to run thin.

The girl rolls her eyes, obviously not believing that you were anything of worth.

Romeo, being broke beyond belief, chips in his last $65 and orders a salad from the pizza place. Even more important than Steelupi, he needed some cash tomorrow.

You do in fact find a cheap salad.

All
After about ten minutes you hear a knock on the door. A quick check reveals it to be the pizza guy. Turns out all five of your pizzas was ^250 total; apparently you can't read a menu. There is a small salad box on top of the pizzas.

Esprit15
2012-12-31, 01:32 PM
"Huh, there's a smudge on the page right on top of the prices. That's annoying." She grabs ^150 from the stack of money. "^50 each should work, I think. Dang, should have just had Gerald run down and get it. Could have grabbed drinks as well." Artemis takes the money and pays the guy.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-31, 01:52 PM
Romeo takes his salad, and sits next to John. 'So, John, you never told me. Do you have a way you can contact your father? Do you have anyone to look after you. If not, you are more than welcome to come hang out with me in Lavander until we can find someone to take good care of you. My mum may be a little overbearing at times, but her cooking is top notch. Same goes for the other kids.'

Esprit15
2012-12-31, 08:58 PM
Arte grabs one of the boxes and sits next to Romeo and the kid. "Pepperoni, either of you?" She doesn't wait for a response and grabs two slices, nearly inhaling the first one.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-31, 09:47 PM
Romeo pinches Arte's belly. 'No thanks. A body like mine needs hard work to maintain. I don't think you'd like a podgy Romeo, would you?'

Arcran
2012-12-31, 10:09 PM
Arte grabs one of the boxes and sits next to Romeo and the kid. "Pepperoni, either of you?" She doesn't wait for a response and grabs two slices, nearly inhaling the first one.

John doesn't even say anything, simply taking half the pizza for himself.

Esprit15
2012-12-31, 10:14 PM
Arte simply grabs Romeo's thin arm, hand nearly reaching around it at the bicep. "Hey, I haven't eaten in at least a day, Twiggy. Besides, meat's good for muscle, good fuel for energy too." She gives him a peck on the side of the head.

Eshkigal
2012-12-31, 10:19 PM
Meanwhile, Gerald has first wiped a dex he salvaged and begun discovering the wonders of pizza, grabbing a slice from each (he leaves his cash on the table-after not telling them the plan, the least he can do is wait to see if the others take theirs back first), and drops by Romeo and John.
"Well, here's something you'll probably enjoy, at least. Meet Wagner's brother, and your starter, Venator."
He holds the pizza on top of the dex and pulls out Ven's ball, sending the growlithe out before flipping the ball in his hand and offering it.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-01, 06:36 PM
Seeing a Growlithe in the room Ethan's features harden. He walks across the room, kneeling down to John's eye level, speaking in a overly serious tone. Growlithe are loyal to the extreme. You must show dominance however, as only an alpha dog may control other dogs. If you manage that, you have a friend for life. Just.... just be careful who you challenge.

hustlertwo
2013-01-01, 06:45 PM
Paul wipes away the sauce from a few of his chins and grimaces at Ethan.

Ease up, Geek Squad. Gettin' a starter mon is s'posed ta be fun. Don't saddle the small fry with your hangups. Kid, training ain't as tough as some would have you think. Just treat the mon decent and he'll work hard to pay it back.

Arcran
2013-01-01, 06:51 PM
Meanwhile, Gerald has first wiped a dex he salvaged and begun discovering the wonders of pizza, grabbing a slice from each (he leaves his cash on the table-after not telling them the plan, the least he can do is wait to see if the others take theirs back first), and drops by Romeo and John.
"Well, here's something you'll probably enjoy, at least. Meet Wagner's brother, and your starter, Venator."
He holds the pizza on top of the dex and pulls out Ven's ball, sending the growlithe out before flipping the ball in his hand and offering it.

John looks at the Pokemon in shock for a little while before eagerly grabbing the Pokeball.

"Hey boy!" he shouts, trying to scoop up the dog who quickly scurries away, wary of the new trainer.

"Shoot," John says, looking thoughtful. Seeing the pizza, he grabs a slice.

"Hey boy, you like pizza?"

The dog eagerly runs over, gobbling the pizza up in a split second. The two begin to play, pizza obviously more than enough to make Venator like his new master. He is too engrossed with the Pokemon to hear Ethan's depressing advice.

Eshkigal
2013-01-01, 07:10 PM
Gerald pats Ethan's shoulder.
"We survived this. How's this, we put a pokeball gatling gun on the plane, find the herd of growlithes, and bag the whole herd. Get Audwulf back, and a growlithe pack for him to lead."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-01, 07:18 PM
Or to slaughter. Thank you, but revenge is best served hot and painful Gerald. I'm sure you understand.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-01, 08:21 PM
Romeo removes his shoe and tosses it at Ethan. 'Hey, they are wild pokemon, doing what wilds do.Follow that path and you'll be little better than Anni.'

He goes over to John and Ven. 'Well, if you like pokemon you'll like Mama Versa's ranch. I even have an extra Nidoran running round, you can have that too.'

He looks at the assembled group. 'How about an early night? Paul has his challenge, and we all probably have stuff we want to do tomorrow. Call in for tonight?'

Esprit15
2013-01-01, 08:38 PM
The shoe stops midair. "To be fair to Ethan, they didn't need to take Auwulf. They did that after they had what they needed."

"Paul's making a challenge? I'd kinda like to see that, if possible. But yeah, call it an early night. Though we did just tell Jess and Taylor that they were invited over..."

Eshkigal
2013-01-01, 08:38 PM
"...Do you mean aside from today's experiences?"
He looks slightly puzzled before shaking his head.
"Look, he's alive, and that could kill him. Besides, growlithes and dog mon in general are awesome. Why not enjoy having more of them? Or at least trade them off?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-01, 09:14 PM
Ethan balls his fist, before unclenching them. Ya early night. Ollie, Thor. Lets go. Ethan walks out the room without another word, his two mon following close behind. Pokemon are sentient, you dullard. They knew what they do and why.

Esprit15
2013-01-01, 09:33 PM
And then the fighting begins. "...on second thought, we might all be a bit on edge." Okay Romeo, I'm not the best at social things, but I do know that you don't want look understanding of the side opposed to who you're talking to. Never has ended well for me.

Ethan, you know it's hard for him to see negative in anyone. He does feel bad about Aud, even if he doesn't show it properly. Arte waves off Ethan as he leaves. He's just upset, and not without reason.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-01, 09:59 PM
He's the one concerned about Pokemon behavior but he knows nothing of them. Good night Artemis. I'd like it to keep it that way. Not so much a threat but a passive note. Stay out.

Finding his room, he quickly opens the door. Letting his mon in, he motions for them to settle in. He quickly undresses, list of tests to conduct on the Steelupi running through his head.

Esprit15
2013-01-02, 09:22 PM
"You know, Romeo, that... no, it doesn't need saying, no sense dwelling on things now...

Hey Taylor, you know anyone on the Team who could fix some armor up, maybe make it a bit more effective? ...by the way, the boss said that it was customary to give an especially powerful mon upon successful entry. What did you and Jessica get?"

Arcran
2013-01-02, 10:13 PM
"You know, Romeo, that... no, it doesn't need saying, no sense dwelling on things now...

Hey Taylor, you know anyone on the Team who could fix some armor up, maybe make it a bit more effective? ...by the way, the boss said that it was customary to give an especially powerful mon upon successful entry. What did you and Jessica get?"

"I'm sure there's an armorsmith somewhere. Just look around; neither Taylor nor I have ever been much of ones for armor."

"As for the starter, well," she says with a mischievous grin, "let's just keep that a surprise."

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-02, 10:31 PM
Romeo decides to turn in early for tonight. He invites John and Gerald backto his room to watch the latest PokeStar Studios epic, 'the Princess and the Poliwag'. He needed something light and cheerful after today. fter watching the movie, with or without company, he heads to bed, letting Arte go off and do her own thing with the girls if she wanted.

Esprit15
2013-01-02, 10:39 PM
"Hm, I will. Would have never survived the Skorupi without it." Artemis chats with the girls a while longer, deciding against just reading whatever the mon is from them. With how on edge Ethan was, who knows if the girls are too...

After the girls leave, she sneaks in to join Romeo and Gerald half way through the movie, and later falls asleep.

Eshkigal
2013-01-02, 11:41 PM
"I'm up for giving something new a try."
He grabs Joe and Squint first, as Kubota and Glasgow decide they want "alone" time. Well, hope they enjoy. He settles down and watches the first movie of his life-before or after, really-with enjoyment. Once it's done, he wanders back to his room with his team and, seeing the bed still in use, curls up beneath a desk (oddly comfy, in his opinion). Squint, Wagner, and Sparky join him, with Joe sleeping in his bowl just outside this.

Arcran
2013-01-03, 12:36 AM
As you all daze off, and Paul returns to his trailer, you soon fall asleep. Some have a more restful night than others though.

Romeo:
While you're sleeping, you awake halfway through the night to the sound of static playing on the television. THe movie seems to have ended a long time ago. As you look to the screen though, a myriad of images flashes across it. A fly crossing the television. A waterfall. A Ponyta riding across a field.

Then it goes still on an image; a woman at the bottom of a well. She looks straight into your eyes.

Suddenly, an arm comes out of the television. Then another arm, then the growling mouth of the woman from the well. She seems dead; skin and bones itself, wet black hair plastered across her skeletal face. You scream, trying to run, but an ice cold hand clamps down on your ankle. You try to kick back, but to no avail. You feel cold, dead hands grasping your throat....

You wake up, shaking, gripping your own throat, checking for the hands. The television is paused on the main menu of the movie you had been watching.

Sun is pouring in through the blinds. It seems to be a nice day. The boss lady had said the rewards would come tonight, so you have a whole free day ahead of you.

Artemis:
As you slowly fall asleep, you soon awake in the middle of the night with the overwhelming urge to go to the bathroom. As you approach the restroom the air grows chill. You go inside, taking of your pants to do your business. Once you are finished you pull your pants back up and turn to the mirror to wash your hands.

In the mirror, however, isn't you. Well, it is you, but not you. You're more beautiful by far; features more defined, slender, curvier, with deep dark eyes. At the same time you're terrible. You glow with a dark purple aura, the signature power of a Hexer. Ghosts fly around the back of the mirror.

I am you, the figure mouths. As she mouths it, a powerful force grabs you, pulling you forward. You get pulled further and further into the mirror, going through it like some kind of portal. Soon you are all the way through. As you look around, you see you have become the figure in the mirror. She, on the other hand...

Welcome home honey, your mother says, outstretching a hand to pull you up, Froslass by her side.

You wake up, barely choking back a scream.

Sun is pouring in through the blinds. It seems to be a nice day. The boss lady had said the rewards would come tonight, so you have a whole free day ahead of you.

Gerald:
You slowly fade in and out of consciousness, finally falling into a deep sleep.

As you sleep, you find yourself in a long hallway, dimly lit. At the end of the hall is a dark figure. Try as you might you may not move in either direction, stuck in one place.

Come to me, the figure calls in a hypnotic voice, summoning you forward. You can't move though, stuck in one place.

Go to him, a disembodied voice speaks behind you in a familiar tone. As you turn you see the decapitated head of Akinektos, floating through the air, blood dripping from the neck. Go to him and fulfill your duties. There must be a chosen, he says, cackling wildly.

Go to him, go to him, go to him...

You wake up at the crack of dawn, the first rays of sunshine coming in through the window. You feel a strange pulse in your hand; looking down, you see the knife clasped in your grip. As soon as light connects with it it burns blazing hot, forcing you to drop it with a curse.

The others are still asleep. As you begin to move, your phone buzzes.

Gerald,
We have collected your file. If you find yourself having time, please come by the Headquarters and pick it up.

-S

Ethan:
You make it to your room without problem. As you search for paper to write your plans down, you soon find the hotels complimentary paper. A few sheets later you are ready to turn in for a restful night of sleep.

A quick look at your phone reveals a new message.

Ethan,
We have acquired the required forms for your transfer to your preferred workplace. We also have a ticket reserved. Please return when you wish to leave for your new workplace.

-S

Paul:
You safely return to your trailer, nobody even considering trying to mug you. You're greeted by a small swarm of Rattata dashing around your legs as you slowly climb into your trailer. You flop down onto the bed, exhausted by the days of work. You soon fall into a deep sleep.

Eventually the sun somehow creaking through the grimy trailer windows wakes you up. Your alarm seems to have not gone off for whatever reason, but the clock still works. A quick glance reveals it to be 8:47.

Wait, 8:47? Don't you have a Gym Battle at 9?

Esprit15
2013-01-03, 01:22 AM
Artemis wakes, a pillow and a piece of something solid clenched in her hands. Where am I? What am I- oh, part of the couch. She flails about a bit, falls from the couch, and looks under the blanket. Still me? Think so. She grabs her glasses from a side table and rushes to find a mirror. Phew. Same ragged black hair, same pale skin (maybe a bit warmer looking compared to a few days ago), same grey eyes, same various other details. Still me, still nothing more like her. Need to get someone good at mental digging to look at those. I am getting very tired of waking up covered in cold sweat.

She goes to her room, showers quickly, changes, and grabs a leftover slice of pizza. Not the best breakfast in the world, but it would do. Want to see that Gym battle that Paul was doing, know whether she would want to take the challenge here or not, maybe learn a few tricks from...both sides, unfortunately. She grabs a small sheet of paper, leaving a note to Romeo in his room to let him know where she went off to if he isn't up yet, and heads down to the gym. If she's reasonably earlier than Paul's schedualed battle, she looks around for a friendly battle with any other trainers at the gym.

Eshkigal
2013-01-03, 07:47 AM
"Dammit...hm."
Gerald opens the closet and holds the knife within with his mech hand.
"You want to talk, we talk now. Let me make this perfectly clear. You have nothing I want. No power, no vengeance, no memories, nothing. Your idiot gave me what I needed, and restoring them will do nothing for you. So shut up or talk rationally, without this bullcrap. Otherwise we're going to find out how hard this is to destroy together. Or I just get downright disrespectful. And believe me, I have not even BEGUN to do so."
Then he brings it over to the toolkit, not waiting for a response as he tosses it in. He wakes up his team, takes a quick shower and shave, and heads off in the wee hours of morning to see the boss lady.

Arcran
2013-01-03, 07:51 PM
Artemis wakes, a pillow and a piece of something solid clenched in her hands. Where am I? What am I- oh, part of the couch. She flails about a bit, falls from the couch, and looks under the blanket. Still me? Think so. She grabs her glasses from a side table and rushes to find a mirror. Phew. Same ragged black hair, same pale skin (maybe a bit warmer looking compared to a few days ago), same grey eyes, same various other details. Still me, still nothing more like her. Need to get someone good at mental digging to look at those. I am getting very tired of waking up covered in cold sweat.

She goes to her room, showers quickly, changes, and grabs a leftover slice of pizza. Not the best breakfast in the world, but it would do. Want to see that Gym battle that Paul was doing, know whether she would want to take the challenge here or not, maybe learn a few tricks from...both sides, unfortunately. She grabs a small sheet of paper, leaving a note to Romeo in his room to let him know where she went off to if he isn't up yet, and heads down to the gym. If she's reasonably earlier than Paul's schedualed battle, she looks around for a friendly battle with any other trainers at the gym.

Paul's Gym Battle starts in 15 minutes, but he's nowhere to be found. That can't be good...

"Dammit...hm."
Gerald opens the closet and holds the knife within with his mech hand.
"You want to talk, we talk now. Let me make this perfectly clear. You have nothing I want. No power, no vengeance, no memories, nothing. Your idiot gave me what I needed, and restoring them will do nothing for you. So shut up or talk rationally, without this bullcrap. Otherwise we're going to find out how hard this is to destroy together. Or I just get downright disrespectful. And believe me, I have not even BEGUN to do so."
Then he brings it over to the toolkit, not waiting for a response as he tosses it in. He wakes up his team, takes a quick shower and shave, and heads off in the wee hours of morning to see the boss lady.

Despite your attempt to communicate with the knife you receive no response.

You manage to quickly travel through the city to the headquarters, arriving there by 8. The boss lady is sitting in her office, working. Did she ever stop working?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-03, 07:57 PM
Well that settles that. Ethan dresses quickly. He had a short list of things to do today before he finally gets paid. Hopefully, the reward money would cover it. He lets Ollie and Thor stay out with him, not giving either much attention as of late. His first stop was Silph building. He wanted to pay Jane a visit.

Esprit15
2013-01-03, 08:04 PM
Heh, slob won't make it. Be a shame if he doesn't. Was wanting to watch, get a few ideas. Oh well, he fails to show, his loss. If he doesn't, I can maybe find a good Empath or Dream Doctor, someone who would be able to help with that Nightmare Smoke.

Eshkigal
2013-01-03, 08:05 PM
Gerald knocks before entering.
"Good morning, Miss. I believe you sent a text about the dossier?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-03, 08:20 PM
Romeo wakes from his copyright infringing nightmare with a start. Once he checks on Elly, ohn and the team, who were all stil asleep, he gets a start on making breakfast for everyone, putting the nightmare to the back of his mind for now. He could talk to Cresselia about it later.

He starts to whip up some food, and sends a text to Ethan as he does so.

-Don't want any bad blood between us. Let's settle this fairly, like men. Pokemon battle in 2 hours? Loser appologises, and we put this behind us. Don't want the team splitting up due to our fighting and big headedness.-

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-03, 08:47 PM
Ethan gets the text as he leaves the hotel. -Alright. We should try to avoid another 'Hank Incident' if possible. 4v4?- Poor fool. He won't stand a chance.

hustlertwo
2013-01-03, 09:09 PM
Rats. Wait, not you guys, I mean...well, never mind. Time to boogie. My special anti-psycho team, in your balls and away we go.

Faced with lateness, Paul breaks out something he only saves for emergencies where being on time is more important than looking ridiculous. A rusty relic of his younger days known as Rosie, the moped. He hops on, distributing his formidable bulk on the too-small seat, and sputters away to the gym.

Arcran
2013-01-03, 10:37 PM
Well that settles that. Ethan dresses quickly. He had a short list of things to do today before he finally gets paid. Hopefully, the reward money would cover it. He lets Ollie and Thor stay out with him, not giving either much attention as of late. His first stop was Silph building. He wanted to pay Jane a visit.

You soon arrive at the Silph building. It takes a bit to arrive but you are soon in the secret base.

Gerald knocks before entering.
"Good morning, Miss. I believe you sent a text about the dossier?"

No. I sent you a text, she says, rolling her eyes.

Anyways, here it is. As complete of a story as we could compile about you. I'd warn you though; it's not exactly light reading. You might not want to read it.

Rats. Wait, not you guys, I mean...well, never mind. Time to boogie. My special anti-psycho team, in your balls and away we go.

Faced with lateness, Paul breaks out something he only saves for emergencies where being on time is more important than looking ridiculous. A rusty relic of his younger days known as Rosie, the moped. He hops on, distributing his formidable bulk on the too-small seat, and sputters away to the gym.

Eh, I roll with it.

As you fly through the city, broken down moped hardly supporting your weight, you just manage to race across town to arrive at the Gym. 8:57. That's pretty good time!

As you dismount the moped you accidentally kick it over, causing the old piece of scrap to fall over, the handlebars breaking off and one wheel rolling down the street.

You race into the Gym, just barely making it.

"Mr. Ticker," you hear from a familiar voice behind you. As you turn, you see a very familiar face. Sabrina, head of the Gym itself, standing behind you.

"Mr. Ticker, what are you doing wasting your time at this Gym? I thought you were the champion," she says with a superior smirk, obviously taunting you.

Artemis:
As you arrive at the Gym you see Paul dash into the Gym, overweight figure heaving. What's really interesting is who he's talking to. Is that... Sabrina?

hustlertwo
2013-01-03, 11:11 PM
Paul shrugs, leans the busted vehicle by a light post, pulls out his chain to lock it up, sighs, and just pockets the chain and walks in with the loose wheel in his hand.

Paul's surprise at this unexpected visit from the true head is somewhat short-lived; any challenge to his ego must be met with his odd mix of bravado and self-deprecation. Even if it's from someone who can crush his junk to powder with just a thought.

Awww, someone's been reading what I sign on those overpriced headshots I hawk at the conventions. But it's more of an honorary title. I'm out to make it a bit more legit. Besides, someone has to show these young Croagunk-lickers that being old-school isn't a dirty word. Will it be you that will tango with me today, or do you have a flunky for me to trounce and are simply here to enjoy the show?

Eshkigal
2013-01-03, 11:15 PM
"Sorry, guess I tend towards paranoia. Anyway, the more I know about myself, the less that can be used against me, either as a bribe or as a weapon."
He takes the file, and nods.
"Thank you again, and sorry to waste your time more. I'll return it when I'm done."
For safety, he tucks it away and steps out. He heads back to the hotel, going to his room before sitting at the desk and grimacing. Moment of truth time.

Arcran
2013-01-03, 11:24 PM
Paul shrugs, leans the busted vehicle by a light post, pulls out his chain to lock it up, sighs, and just pockets the chain and walks in with the loose wheel in his hand.

Paul's surprise at this unexpected visit from the true head is somewhat short-lived; any challenge to his ego must be met with his odd mix of bravado and self-deprecation. Even if it's from someone who can crush his junk to powder with just a thought.

Awww, someone's been reading what I sign on those overpriced headshots I hawk at the conventions. But it's more of an honorary title. I'm out to make it a bit more legit. Besides, someone has to show these young Croagunk-lickers that being old-school isn't a dirty word. Will it be you that will tango with me today, or do you have a flunky for me to trounce and are simply here to enjoy the show?

"Me? Battle you?" she says, chuckling. "Paul, dear, even when you were in your prime you wouldn't have stood a chance against me. No, Samara will be battling you," she says, a serious looking girl stepping forward with (obviously dyed) blue hair.

"She will be your competitor in this battle," she says, looking towards her subordinate. "Now, if you'll take your place on the field, we can prepare to start this battle," she says, gesturing towards a dark room and, with a wave of her hands, lights it.

"Take you place. Set down as many Pokemon as you plan on using. I'll be commentating this myself," Sabrina says, a superior smirk on her face.

You don't have to specify the ones you will be using in this thread, but PM Esh your selections.

"Sorry, guess I tend towards paranoia. Anyway, the more I know about myself, the less that can be used against me, either as a bribe or as a weapon."
He takes the file, and nods.
"Thank you again, and sorry to waste your time more."

Gerald, while it may have been many things, a waste of time is not one of them.

Esprit15
2013-01-03, 11:29 PM
Whoa, she did not expect to actually see Sabrina. Void, this was the first time she had seen the leader. The only reason she recognized the woman as Sabrina even was the amount of power radiated and her voice being similar to the one she had heard in her head several days back when she was training with Ethan. She simply stays back and watches, still not fully certain how to act in the presence of her boss at the gym and one of her bosses in TR.

Seeing the group heading off, Artemis begins to follow. Madame, may I watch the fight as well?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-03, 11:43 PM
Ethan makes his way back towards the jet, asking where it was stored if necessary.

hustlertwo
2013-01-03, 11:54 PM
Probably true, ol' Sabby. But win or lose, Paul Ticker always leaves the ladies wanting more.

Somehow he manages to wink in a greasy manner. No one can explain exactly how this can be, but it is undeniably a greasy wink.

Now then, let's get started. My blue-haired beauty, get your little buns on the stage and get ready to get slapped in the face by my Weedle.

Arcran
2013-01-04, 12:04 AM
Whoa, she did not expect to actually see Sabrina. Void, this was the first time she had seen the leader. The only reason she recognized the woman as Sabrina even was the amount of power radiated and her voice being similar to the one she had heard in her head several days back when she was training with Ethan. She simply stays back and watches, still not fully certain how to act in the presence of her boss at the gym and one of her bosses in TR.

Seeing the group heading off, Artemis begins to follow. Madame, may I watch the fight as well?

Of course. Since when have Gym Battles been closed to the public?

Ethan makes his way back towards the jet, asking where it was stored if necessary.

You are sent to the field in back. A large number of technicians are working in the back, seemingly disassembling the ship.

Probably true, ol' Sabby. But win or lose, Paul Ticker always leaves the ladies wanting more.

Somehow he manages to wink in a greasy manner. No one can explain exactly how this can be, but it is undeniably a greasy wink.

Now then, let's get started. My blue-haired beauty, get your little buns on the stage and get ready to get slapped in the face by my Weedle.

Samara rolls her eyes, flips you off, and continues walking to go stand on her platform.

The two start to move upwards, eventually ending up about ten feet above the field. A familiar joystick will allow you to move your platform around the battlefield.

"Welcome to the Saffron Gym! Today we have Paul Ticker,"

At this point a large number of boos emanate from the crowd,

"Battling our own Samara!"

Massive cheering.

"The rules will be the same as normal," Sabrina states. "Paul, being the challenger, has set the number of Pokemon at six, a number that will be matched by Samara. None of her Pokemon will exceed Mr. Ticker's in level either. The standard rules for a battle will be kept in effect as well. Psychic abilities may be used, as long as it only affects your own Pokemon. It may not affect the field or other combatant in any way. Finally, the standard field will be used today," Sabrina says, waving her hand over the field. Monoliths are raised from the field, scattered at random points, reaching from floor to ceiling across the arena. A few tiles also glow, two of each color existing on the field.

"And with that, let's watch an unfortunate competitor be defeated!" Sabrina says, a mischievous grin on her face.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-04, 12:10 AM
Awww damn. I was hoping to keep that. Hey! Guys! Hold on a moment. There's a wild Rotom in there. Jane, can you hear me? I came to let you back in the pad, unless you liked your new home. Though I don't think that's an option anymore. Ethan scrambles towards the men, waving his free hand to get their attention.

Esprit15
2013-01-04, 12:15 AM
I was...out of commission for much of the time my class was learning about gym battles. Plus different regions and cities may have different rules. Artemis shrugs as she follows the leader into the gym. As the combatants are introduced, she cheers on the home trainer, Samara, with the other Psychics, though at least remains silent when they boo Paul. He did save their asses during the Skorupi fight, after all. He deserved credit for that, at least.

Hm, good rules to know for here. She watches the field. Wounder what those do... Pay attention to the trainers too.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-04, 09:24 AM
-4 vs 4 is fine. And yeah, avoid 'Hank'. 2 hours, Saffron Park- Need to go get Konoha back before the fight.

Romeo spends a good 20 minutes mixing up food for his team, and a nice bowl of cereal for John, before waking them all up. 'C'mon. Foods up everyone.'

Romeo picked up Puck and went to check on his egg case. 'Let's see how the eggs are doing shall we? You're not an egg any longer, so you can help.'

Eshkigal
2013-01-04, 10:15 AM
She must've forgotten their previous talk, then. Ah, well. Not every reference can be caught.
"Well, here's to seeing the past abandoned then."
He takes the file, and leaves for the hotel. Once safely inside, he begins reviewing it.

Arcran
2013-01-04, 08:53 PM
Awww damn. I was hoping to keep that. Hey! Guys! Hold on a moment. There's a wild Rotom in there. Jane, can you hear me? I came to let you back in the pad, unless you liked your new home. Though I don't think that's an option anymore. Ethan scrambles towards the men, waving his free hand to get their attention.

The men stop for a second, looking at you.

"Sorry, boss's orders. Nothing we can do about it."

ETHAN! MAKE THESE MEN GET THEIR DIRTY PAWS OFF ME! you hear over the ships loudspeaker.

-4 vs 4 is fine. And yeah, avoid 'Hank'. 2 hours, Saffron Park- Need to go get Konoha back before the fight.

Romeo spends a good 20 minutes mixing up food for his team, and a nice bowl of cereal for John, before waking them all up. 'C'mon. Foods up everyone.'

Romeo picked up Puck and went to check on his egg case. 'Let's see how the eggs are doing shall we? You're not an egg any longer, so you can help.'

When you open the egg case, miracle of all miracles, one is moving!

She must've forgotten their previous talk, then. Ah, well. Not every reference can be caught.
"Well, here's to seeing the past abandoned then."
He takes the file, and leaves for the hotel. Once safely inside, he begins reviewing it.

As you open the file, you see the title page first.

Name: Gerald Slate
Previous Accomplices: Steelix Tails
Recruitment Rating: MOderate

Gerald possesses moderate skills as a hitman. While he is no master, he does his job fairly well although they are rarely pulled off to the degree they should. His team is often caught in the crossfire as well, resulting in multiple deaths through the years on his team. For some time he was a member of the Steelix Tails, a gang in Fuschia City. They seem to have turned on him soon after, resulting in the loss of his arm and his fleeing the city.

Gerald worked as a freelance assassin after that, refining his craft. He became more and more skilled in his hits, actually consciously working to leave no evidence. Through the years he has become more and more skilled. His final paid hit on a certain Team Rocket member is what caught our attention. While he was easy to track, he was able to overpower a fairly skilled Team Rocket member with minimal difficulty. Due to his skills in combat, recruitment is suggested, although he needs to practice his skills as an assassin if we wish to utilize him in that way. With a bit of work though, Gerald shows potential as one of the best assassins that we could acquire.

Skills: Weapons, Technology
Weakness: Easy to track, Crippled
Known Pokemon: Joltik

Paul:
Your map good sir. Perma link in the chat. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdHFqcHkxWlBEZjhINDQ3OXNDbldwV Gc#gid=8)

Send out your first Pokemon and this battle can begin!

hustlertwo
2013-01-04, 11:05 PM
Paul slaps his prodigious backside in the direction of the booing viewers, and begins the match by sending out a small Sandshrew that, as at least one of the spectators knows, packs a big BOOM.

Sent her out in G-4.

Arcran
2013-01-04, 11:17 PM
"Alright, looks like this battle is starting!" Sabrina says, her voice echoing over the arena.

"Looks like the challenger has elected to lead with a Sandshrew! A fine looking specimen as well, it seems. Samara is using her Chimecho again, so we can probably expect some noise in this fight," she says.

A large clock begins to tick.

BZZZT

The Chimecho glides forward, not even touching the ground, seemingly not commanded although you can see Samara touching her temple and looking at the Pokemon. The Chimeco swerves around the monolith, ending up with a clear line of sight at Willy. It rings its bell, a shockwave of sound flying forth to buffet Willy. The waves, hit, causing Willy's eardrums to scream in pain.

"And it looks like Samara has led with Echoed Voice! A good choice! The extra sound will continue to reverberate around the chamber, allowing future attacks to deal even more damage! The home team is off to a good start!"

22 to Willy.

hustlertwo
2013-01-04, 11:35 PM
Paul winces at the sound, and winces again at its effects on his girl.

Willy, show them your new trick, my lovely.

The Sandshrew ignores the environment, hurtling forward in her desire to rip into the other Pokemon. In her speed she creates a small whirlwind of dirt and debris, which she flings forward in an attempt to surround the Chimecho.

[roll0] 4+evade, [roll1] ground damage.

Move to G-10.

Arcran
2013-01-04, 11:41 PM
As the swirl of dust and dirt flies towards the Chimecho a tannish barrier appears, completely negating the effects of the Sand Tomb.

"And that's Chimecho's Levitate Ability coming into play! This Sandshrew seems to be in a bit of a pickle!"

The Chimecho glides over, stopping on one of the blue tiles. Another wave of sonic energy flies at Willy, connecting with the poor Sandshrew and forcing her to cover her ears. She puts her little paws up to her ears, trying to block out the soundwaves to no avail.

After the attack, the tile glows blue. The Chimeco disappears, reappearing on the blue tile across the battlefield, directly under your platform.

"And another solid hit by that Echoed Voice," Sabrina says, looking at the battlefield. "And a nice use of the battlefield teleporters as well!"

29 to Willy.