PDA

View Full Version : Team Rocket: How the Muk are They Still Alive?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Esprit15
2013-01-21, 07:08 PM
The rest did some good. "Sure. I'll just check out first and then I'll be right with you." She does so, and follows along with Romeo.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 08:55 PM
Despite your various tasks you all arrive at the Team Rocket headquarters at around the same time.

You're here, the Boss Lady says, looking at the newest Team Rocket recruits in front of her. A few older members, including Jessica and Taylor, are seated in chairs behind her.

Please, stand here. We have a few speeches to do to prove you are worthy to join our ranks, the Boss Lady says, Even if a few of you managed to damage Sabrina's Gym.

When you are all arrayed on the platform, the Boss Lady begins to talk.

Members of Team Rocket gathered here today, we are here to induct a squad of perhaps the best qualified members we have received in years. In addition to a moderately successful of a rogue Slugma, they were able to single-handedly bring down Akinektos, a Galactic operative who had taken down many of our top operatives. In addition, they were able to uncover a plot that would have jeopardized the entire city, successfully shutting Akinektos down. If not for their brave actions we would have been waging all out war against a surprise Galactic Attack. For their exemplary service we award them membership into our corporation and the benefits that entail, she says, pinning a small red "R" onto your chest.

In addition, for both joining Team Rocket and your exemplary service we will be providing you with Pokemon either of our own creation or of exceedingly rare origin. We hope that you will find them satisfactory for your service.

She hands each of you a Pokeball. Gerald, Ethan, Artemis, and Romeo each receive a Luxury Ball, while Paul receives a battered old Pokeball, the red paint on top peeling off, "Best Friends" inscribed in Sharpie on the outside.

In addition, we will be providing you with lodgings in the city, she says, handing you a key. Your own apartments. Use them as you see fit.

Welcome to Team Rocket, she says to a small amount of applause from the onlookers.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-21, 09:00 PM
Ethan holds back a grin. About judged time. He bows his head slightly, but still respectfully. He excuses himself, making his way to the boss lady. Ma'am? I've come to accept your offer as well.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 09:04 PM
Ethan holds back a grin. About judged time. He bows his head slightly, but still respectfully. He excuses himself, making his way to the boss lady. Ma'am? I've come to accept your offer as well.

Oh, good, she says, obviously relieved. They can use all the help in Olivine that they can. We got you some cruise tickets; there was one headed that way anyways so we figured we might as well send you in style. It leaves from Vermillion City next Friday, so you have a little over a week to collect your things. Is that acceptable?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-21, 09:06 PM
Perfectly acceptable Ma'am. I'll find a caravan heading that way immediately.

Eshkigal
2013-01-21, 09:07 PM
Meanwhile, Gerald is less successful in concealing that. A place to live, a new mon, compliments...Things were looking up for Gerald! He bows to the group, and heads off stage to meet the new mon, passing the director on the way.
"I don't suppose there's any size restrictions to mention before I meet this one, are there?"

Esprit15
2013-01-21, 09:11 PM
Artemis is a bit light headed by the end of the speech. Probably a mix of stage fright and blood loss. Despite this, she feels awesome and can't help but smile. She gives a light bow towards her boss as she takes the ball. She returns to her spot and while Romeo gets his gift mon, takes a moment to talk to Paul. "You know, we've had our issues, and as much as I hate to say it, you saved our asses back there. Thanks." Before he can respond, she turns and gives Romeo a big bear hug once he receives his gift as well, lifting him off the ground.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 09:11 PM
Perfectly acceptable Ma'am. I'll find a caravan heading that way immediately.

Caravan? she says. If you'd rather walk than use that Metang of yours, that's none of my concern. Will there be anything else?

Meanwhile, Gerald is less successful in concealing that. A place to live, a new mon, compliments...Things were looking up for Gerald! He bows to the group, and heads off stage to meet the new mon, passing the director on the way.
"I don't suppose there's any size restrictions to mention before I meet this one, are there?"

Don't worry. Your apartment will have more than enough room for it.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-21, 09:15 PM
No thank you Ma'am. Ethan turns to his cohorts. Artemis is right Paul. From what I saw, you were the decisive battler against Anni. Thank you. However, I must bid you all adieu. I leave for Vermillion in the morning to catch my Cruiseliner for my new assignment in Olivine City. Artemis, Gerald. It was a pleasure. Paul, you smell but your an ok gentleman. Ethan intentionally leaves out Romeo, before heading out to leave.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 09:21 PM
Artemis is a bit light headed by the end of the speech. Probably a mix of stage fright and blood loss. Despite this, she feels awesome and can't help but smile. She gives a light bow towards her boss as she takes the ball. She returns to her spot and while Romeo gets his gift mon, takes a moment to talk to Paul. "You know, we've had our issues, and as much as I hate to say it, you saved our asses back there. Thanks." Before he can respond, she turns and gives Romeo a big bear hug once he receives his gift as well, lifting him off the ground.

You can see Taylor and Jessica give you the thumbs up.

No thank you Ma'am. Ethan turns to his cohorts. Artemis is right Paul. From what I saw, you were the decisive battler against Anni. Thank you. However, I must bid you all adieu. I leave for Vermillion in the morning to catch my Cruiseliner for my new assignment in Olivine City. Artemis, Gerald. It was a pleasure. Paul, you smell but your an ok gentleman. Ethan intentionally leaves out Romeo, before heading out to leave.

You manage to leave the building (after goodbyes and such) without incident.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-21, 09:26 PM
Once reaching his apartment, Ethan takes off his labcoat, leaving the collared black shirt underneath. He pins the badge there, rather proudly, before contemplating the Luxury Ball in his hands. Alright you, lets see what we've got.

hustlertwo
2013-01-21, 09:31 PM
Paul beams at the attention, but he stops short at the sight of the ball he is presented. He manages to make small talk with those at the gathering, and give a surprisingly hearty goodbye to Ethan despite their occasional arguments, but as soon as possible he goes into the bathroom and, hands shaking, opens the ball.

Eshkigal
2013-01-21, 09:31 PM
Gerald, having already said his farewell to Ethan, slips out, waving to the others and patting each on the back as he headed out. A quick drop by the suite to grab his gear and arm, sliding it into the toolkit. Then, he heads to his place, wondering what he will get.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 09:41 PM
Once reaching his apartment, Ethan takes off his labcoat, leaving the collared black shirt underneath. He pins the badge there, rather proudly, before contemplating the Luxury Ball in his hands. Alright you, lets see what we've got.

Your apartment is obviously high quality. High rise, a view over the entire city. Everything is of the finest make and it seems to have been catered to you to some extent.

I'll give you a lot of leeway on the room fluff. Just give a description.

As you release the Pokemon, a small humanoid blue thing appears. A quick glance reveals it to be an Elgyem, a rare Pokemon indeed.

Hello Ethan, it says into your mind. Before you waste your time asking, I am X71, the Elgyem. I have been granted as a gift to you by Team Rocket in return for your services.

Paul beams at the attention, but he stops short at the sight of the ball he is presented. He manages to make small talk with those at the gathering, and give a surprisingly hearty goodbye to Ethan despite their occasional arguments, but as soon as possible he goes into the bathroom and, hands shaking, opens the ball.

A fine purple mist escapes from the oh-so-familiar Pokemon, slowly coalescing into the ghostly form of, well, a ghost Pokemon.

Paul? it asks, a phantom hand slowly reaching out to you.

PAUL! you hear boom into your head, two hands grabbing onto your throat and beginning to choke you.

Gerald, having already said his farewell to Ethan, slips out, waving to the others and patting each on the back as he headed out. A quick drop by the suite to grab his gear and arm, sliding it into the toolkit. Then, he heads to his place, wondering what he will get.

Your apartment is obviously high quality. High rise, a view over the entire city. Everything is of the finest make and it seems to have been catered to you to some extent.

I'll give you a lot of leeway on the room fluff. Just give a description.

As you press the button, a red-furrred humanoid appears, gaining shape on the floor and standing tall, perhaps a few inches shorter than you. It seems familiar, but you can't place your finger on where.

Gerald? Gerald of the Steelix Tails?

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-21, 09:44 PM
Romeo lets himself be lifted up, because realistically, he knows he's probably too weak to lift Arte up, despite her being the same weight as him. Sucks being frail sometimes.

He makes a few passes, and makes sure to send a drink Jess and Taylor's way. They made a good couple.

'Arte, we better not stay too long, I don't want to leave John alone. He's back at the hotel, so let's pick him up.'

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-21, 09:47 PM
Interesting choice, I must say. I wasn't expecting an Elgyem, to be completely honest. Though a psychic with Telepathy is a welcome addition. Someone I can have an intelligent conversation with. It is a pleasure to meet you X71. Would you like to tell me about yourself, or should I start guessing?

I'll do apartment fluff later. I'm prepared to start using features to take stabs, which would be kind of fun actually.

Eshkigal
2013-01-21, 09:47 PM
Gerald looks the mon over, trying to remember it. but...well, things are gone.
"I am Gerald, and I used to be, apparently. There...well, there was a man who stole a lot of my memories. I don't know much about me, any more, and I'm not entirely sure I should care. Anyway, who are you? Do...do we know each other?"
He reaches out, to shake hands with the mon. Sparky goes to his mid arm, curious.

(I have no idea what kind of taste there'd be)

Esprit15
2013-01-21, 09:48 PM
"Alright, let's go. Got a few things there anyways." The couple stops off to get John, armor and anything else that was not owned by the hotel before heading to the apartment.

While Romeo starts cooking dinner, Artemis decides to see what her gift was.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-21, 09:56 PM
Romeo stops cooking for a second, looks at the ball, and then puts it back away. Nah, don't want to know right now. He then goes back to making Arte and John a nice healthy stir fry.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 10:16 PM
Interesting choice, I must say. I wasn't expecting an Elgyem, to be completely honest. Though a psychic with Telepathy is a welcome addition. Someone I can have an intelligent conversation with. It is a pleasure to meet you X71. Would you like to tell me about yourself, or should I start guessing?

I'll do apartment fluff later. I'm prepared to start using features to take stabs, which would be kind of fun actually.

I am a creature of extraterrestrial origin. Team Rocket recovered me upon my unfortunate arrival to your planet. After some cursory tests they gave me to you, apparently for use in what your kind seems to call "Pokemon Battles." I am possessed with limited precognizance, the ability to see the future, if you will. In addition, through my heightened state of mental acuity I am capable of making my very thoughts a weapon.

Is there anything else you wish to know?

Gerald looks the mon over, trying to remember it. but...well, things are gone.
"I am Gerald, and I used to be, apparently. There...well, there was a man who stole a lot of my memories. I don't know much about me, any more, and I'm not entirely sure I should care. Anyway, who are you? Do...do we know each other?"
He reaches out, to shake hands with the mon. Sparky goes to his mid arm, curious.

(I have no idea what kind of taste there'd be)

Here I was thinking it was just the accident...

A few years ago you were a part of a group that I and my master Alistar were a part of. A gang if you will. We had known each other through a few jobs.

Alistar and I had recently left the gang. They didn't like that much. Thy hunted us down, killing Alistar and I. Somehow, for some reason, something brought me back. My hide was stained red by it. I know not how Team Rocket acquired me, but at least they paired me up with an old ally.

"Alright, let's go. Got a few things there anyways." The couple stops off to get John, armor and anything else that was not owned by the hotel before heading to the apartment.

While Romeo starts cooking dinner, Artemis decides to see what her gift was.

As you release the latch on the Pokeball, a small yellow Pokemon with a massive jaw appears in front of you, electricity crackling across its hide. It looks at you, growling softly as the air around it begins to crackle, creating the smell of ozone.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-21, 10:20 PM
An extraterrestrial? How interesting. I'd love to prob your brain, so to speak, about where you came from. Maybe a later time. If you fit in a pokeball, then you must be a Pokemon of some sort. Are you familiar with the term Moves? Its what my kind, Humans, call special techniques Pokemon can utilize. Could you share with me what moves you possess?

Arcran
2013-01-21, 10:23 PM
An extraterrestrial? How interesting. I'd love to prob your brain, so to speak, about where you came from. Maybe a later time. If you fit in a pokeball, then you must be a Pokemon of some sort. Are you familiar with the term Moves? Its what my kind, Humans, call special techniques Pokemon can utilize. Could you share with me what moves you possess?

The Pokemon seems perplexed by the question. I am capable of rendering a target completely helpless with my mind, forcing the roll on the ground in uncontrollable agony. Is this the sort of technique you are speaking of?

Eshkigal
2013-01-21, 10:28 PM
"I...I am sorry to hear that, old friend."
He pats the mon on the back, unsure what to say as Sparky hops on, patting the poor mon and cooing gently.
"We'll get them back for that. We'll make them pay. But for now...what's your name? Plotting can wait for a while, we should get to know one another first."

Esprit15
2013-01-21, 10:30 PM
Artemis looks at the creature confused. "...what. Are. You." Her hand slowly reaches for the Pokédex, scanning the creature. A window opens itself and a light breeze goes through the room to allow the ozone out.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-21, 10:31 PM
Ethan goes bug eyed for a moment before regaining his composure. Yes, yes that is exactly what I'm talking about. Ethan studies the Elgyem, trying to get a good estimate of its power level before scanning it.

Frantic Research, not caring about HP since I haven't statted it yet [roll0]

hustlertwo
2013-01-21, 10:34 PM
Urk...gack....

Paul is at a loss for words, less due to emotion and more the choking.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-21, 10:48 PM
Romeo enters the room, placing down plates for Arte and John, as well as food he made for the teams.

'So what'cha get Arte?'

Arcran
2013-01-21, 10:49 PM
"I...I am sorry to hear that, old friend."
He pats the mon on the back, unsure what to say as Sparky hops on, patting the poor mon and cooing gently.
"We'll get them back for that. We'll make them pay. But for now...what's your name? Plotting can wait for a while, we should get to know one another first."

Mars it says simply.

Artemis looks at the creature confused. "...what. Are. You." Her hand slowly reaches for the Pokédex, scanning the creature. A window opens itself and a light breeze goes through the room to allow the ozone out.

The Pokemon skips over to a metal chair, gnawing on the leg.

Your Pokedex scrolls through every possible Pokemon twice before giving you an error message. You noticed it had paused slightly longer on Totodile, but it didn't really look like one. Way bigger, way stronger looking, and it even had tiny wings on its back, now that you got a better look at it.

It chomps down on the chair, ripping the leg clean off.

Ethan goes bug eyed for a moment before regaining his composure. Yes, yes that is exactly what I'm talking about. Ethan studies the Elgyem, trying to get a good estimate of its power level before scanning it.

Frantic Research, not caring about HP since I haven't statted it yet [roll0]

You'd place this thing at about Power Level 25.

I am glad my capabilities are pleasing to you. Do you have any salt? it asks.

Urk...gack....

Paul is at a loss for words, less due to emotion and more the choking.

Three years Paul! Three years! Three years in hell. That nice man you sold me to? He wasn't so nice! it shouts, continuing to throttle you until it stops, making a choking noise.

We were the best friends, it says, holding up the Pokeball. The best friends ever. And you sold me. Sold me. Why Paul? Why? WHY?

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-21, 10:55 PM
'Umm, do we need to pay for that chair?'

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-21, 10:56 PM
Salt? Probably, this is new lodging for me. Ethan goes to the kitchen, finding a salt shaker, as well as any more salt he finds, before bringing it back. By my estimates, your power level is 25. That is impressive, my strongest pokemon, Mjolnir, is has a power level of 26. In fact... Ethan sets the salt down infront the alien, pulling out Thor, Mjolnir, and Ollie's pokeball's, releasing them. This is the rest of my team. Thor, Mjolnir and Ollie. Nodding to each. The Elekid waves ecstatically, Ollie sniffs for a moment before greeting cheerfully, Mjolnir blinking/buzzing a hello.

hustlertwo
2013-01-21, 10:57 PM
Paul stares, and without warning he bursts into tears and tries to throw his arms around his oldest friend, though he just phases through the spectral form instead and hits his head on the toilet seat.

I'm suh-suh sorry, Mikey. He was offering such a good deal on those Stunky glands, and I stopped using you so long ago. Buh-but after you left, man, I missed you. It's like you duh-duh-don't know what you got until it's, you know, not there anymore. I realized it wasn't about the wuh-wins, or a mon's puh-puh-power. It was about you and me. Bestest buddies. Someone who was loyal to me, not loyal to the fame or the status that came with being one of my Pokemon, like that two-faced Doduo or the gold-digging Dugtrio. And now you're back.

He tries to stroke the ghost's 'cheek' with one tubby finger.

Esprit15
2013-01-21, 10:58 PM
Artemis watches the mon happily consume the leg, still a bit dumbstruck. "Romeo, better make some extra!"

The chair leg that the creature is biting starts swinging itself at its head. Artemis speaks slowly but firmly to the mon, letting out Vigent. He was nervous, but at least he was well behaved. "Stop."

Eshkigal
2013-01-21, 11:04 PM
"Okay then, Mars. Make yourself comfortable, and we'll introduce you to the rest. Do you want anything to eat?"
He finally looks around at the place. Fairly spartan, decent sized tv on the wall, comfortable looking couch, good table and chairs. A good desk with a computer, with a few drawers, and some supplies for cleaning weaponry. A fairly large fish bowl, which he deposits Joe in. Nothing fancy, nothing classy. Fitting, really. He goes to the fridge, realizing he's barely eaten at all that day and should probably fix that, letting the rest of the team out to meet Mars, save Aclanda.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 11:07 PM
Salt? Probably, this is new lodging for me. Ethan goes to the kitchen, finding a salt shaker, as well as any more salt he finds, before bringing it back. By my estimates, your power level is 25. That is impressive, my strongest pokemon, Mjolnir, is has a power level of 26. In fact... Ethan sets the salt down infront the alien, pulling out Thor, Mjolnir, and Ollie's pokeball's, releasing them. This is the rest of my team. Thor, Mjolnir and Ollie. Nodding to each. The Elekid waves ecstatically, Ollie sniffs for a moment before greeting cheerfully, Mjolnir blinking/buzzing a hello.

What strange creatures, it says, waving its hand in some weird gesture that you cannot understand.

Greetings, it says simply before seeing the salt shaker.

The shaker explodes, yet none of the particles seem to be lost, forming a ball that floats towards the Pokemon. It opens some sort of mouth, devouring the salt. The lights across its body flash brightly.

Thank you most generously for your gift of food.

Paul stares, and without warning he bursts into tears and tries to throw his arms around his oldest friend, though he just phases through the spectral form instead and hits his head on the toilet seat.

I'm suh-suh sorry, Mikey. He was offering such a good deal on those Stunky glands, and I stopped using you so long ago. Buh-but after you left, man, I missed you. It's like you duh-duh-don't know what you got until it's, you know, not there anymore. I realized it wasn't about the wuh-wins, or a mon's puh-puh-power. It was about you and me. Bestest buddies. Someone who was loyal to me, not loyal to the fame or the status that came with being one of my Pokemon, like that two-faced Doduo or the gold-digging Dugtrio. And now you're back.

He tries to stroke the ghost's 'cheek' with one tubby finger.

The Pokemon floats out of your reach, glaring at you through the mist, a chain appearing from the mist to knock your hands away.

It's not alright! it shouts into your mind, obviously torn. I died because of you Paul. And not in a battle. Because that bastard that you sold me to thought it'd be funny to use me like a pinata! You can't even imagine what that bastard put me through! And all for some Stunky glands... it says, hate rolling of its words.

We might have been friends once, but you've lost that. Not after what you put me through. All because you needed to get high. I'm not even truly back. See these? it shouts, lifting up its arms, long chains with spiked bits hanging in the air. I don't even get to be a real ghost. I'm shackled to death. These are a reminder every single day of what you did to me. They burn so much. Coming back isn't natural. You ruined this, so you're going to fix this, understand? the poor Raticate says, glaring at you.

Maybe then we can be friends again...

Artemis watches the mon happily consume the leg, still a bit dumbstruck. "Romeo, better make some extra!"

The chair leg that the creature is biting starts swinging itself at its head. Artemis speaks slowly but firmly to the mon, letting out Vigent. He was nervous, but at least he was well behaved. "Stop."

It ignores you, hopping around to try to grab the chair leg.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-21, 11:10 PM
Romeo takes his own plate of food and puts it in front of the thing. 'Hungry, you excitable little fellow?'

Arcran
2013-01-21, 11:12 PM
"Okay then, Mars. Make yourself comfortable, and we'll introduce you to the rest. Do you want anything to eat?"
He finally looks around at the place. Fairly spartan, decent sized tv on the wall, comfortable looking couch, good table and chairs. A good desk with a computer, with a few drawers, and some supplies for cleaning weaponry. A fairly large fish bowl, which he deposits Joe in. Nothing fancy, nothing classy. Fitting, really. He goes to the fridge, realizing he's barely eaten at all that day and should probably fix that, letting the rest of the team out to meet Mars, save Aclanda.

Mars follows you, speaking into your mind.

When did you, you know, he says, waiving a paw at your arm.

Romeo takes his own plate of food and puts it in front of the thing. 'Hungry, you excitable little fellow?'

The Pokemon grabs the entire plate in its jaw, crunching down on both delectable food and the crunchy plate.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-21, 11:16 PM
But of course. Do you consume Sodium Chloride specifically as a food source, or just the Chlorine ions its partially composed of? Or the Sodium ions?

Arcran
2013-01-21, 11:17 PM
But of course. Do you consume Sodium Chloride specifically as a food source, or just the Chlorine ions its partially composed of? Or the Sodium ions?

The substance as a whole is consumed as a supplement to allow our continued psionic abilities. We do not technically require food.

Eshkigal
2013-01-21, 11:18 PM
"Bio says the Tail turned on me. I don't really know at this point why or how, honestly. I just know it wasn't in the past four months."
Gerald pulls out the mech arm, and puts it on the table before sliding his shirt off to better attach it.
"This does the trick, though. Easier to repair than flesh and bone, too."
It attaches with ease, and he flexes it.

hustlertwo
2013-01-21, 11:19 PM
He did WHAT? Didn't he know what he had? I mean, I know I didn't appreciate what I had when I had you, but why didn't he? Why would he torture any Raticate, especially one in the top percentage of all Raticate?

Paul wipes his tears away with a clenched fist.

I know I can never really make it right, Mikey. What I did to you, and to the others, I can't take back. And whatever...this is that's going on with you, I doubt I can take it back either. But I'm going to find the one who did this and I'm going to let you put those chains around his neck and drag him down to hell. After we've taken some time to mash or lop off the protruding bits of his anatomy. How does that sound? You'll see; I'm not going to let you down again, no matter what it takes. Brother.

Esprit15
2013-01-21, 11:21 PM
Artemis grabs a plate of food and carefully watches the mon, waiting to see how it acts once feed something that wasn't furniture.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-21, 11:24 PM
Intriguing. You know you are not the first of your kind here. A few decades ago, your species began appearing in the deserts of the Region of Unova. Thus far, no one has been able to determine where you came from, exactly.

Arcran
2013-01-21, 11:37 PM
"Bio says the Tail turned on me. I don't really know at this point why or how, honestly. I just know it wasn't in the past four months."
Gerald pulls out the mech arm, and puts it on the table before sliding his shirt off to better attach it.
"This does the trick, though. Easier to repair than flesh and bone, too."
It attaches with ease, and he flexes it.

Heh, he chuckles. I guess that thing about "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is true after all, he says, sticking a hand fully through your chest and pulling it back out. Besides a slight tingling, you feel nothing.

Death brings its fair share of benefits.

He did WHAT? Didn't he know what he had? I mean, I know I didn't appreciate what I had when I had you, but why didn't he? Why would he torture any Raticate, especially one in the top percentage of all Raticate?

Paul wipes his tears away with a clenched fist.

I know I can never really make it right, Mikey. What I did to you, and to the others, I can't take back. And whatever...this is that's going on with you, I doubt I can take it back either. But I'm going to find the one who did this and I'm going to let you put those chains around his neck and drag him down to hell. After we've taken some time to mash or lop off the protruding bits of his anatomy. How does that sound? You'll see; I'm not going to let you down again, no matter what it takes. Brother.

The Pokemon surges forward, then stays back, keeping its distance.

That sounds nice, the Raticate says, giving in and coming back to hug you, somehow becoming corporeal.

I missed you so much... No more drugs. Ever. That's just the start of the price you're paying for what you did to me.

Artemis grabs a plate of food and carefully watches the mon, waiting to see how it acts once feed something that wasn't furniture.

The Pokemon belches, a small cloud of sparks flying out of its mouth, before going over to start to munch on the couch.

Intriguing. You know you are not the first of your kind here. A few decades ago, your species began appearing in the deserts of the Region of Unova. Thus far, no one has been able to determine where you came from, exactly.

Really? its says, excited. Are they intelligent? Are they like me? it asks, obviously interested with the news.

You know for a fact that even the smartest Elgyem is nowhere near this one's level.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-21, 11:41 PM
They are intelligent, as far as pokemon go. You, however, are by far and large, the smartest Elgyem I have ever observed. Many can vocalize themselves telepathically but struggle with our language, but you speak it fluently. You precognitive abilities are something that have been observed in very few specimens, none of them within your species. I am quite fascinated.

Eshkigal
2013-01-21, 11:42 PM
"...Interesting feeling. So, what all has changed with that, then?"
He pauses from going through the kitchen to look at his dex, to see if it said what had changed with his old friend.

hustlertwo
2013-01-21, 11:43 PM
Paul sighs happily, beginning to cry once more at the embrace, before releasing Mikey to look him in his non-face at this request.

But I...I need....my prescriptions....no. You're right. For you, I can go straight.

He takes the high-powered needles from the late Ani, looks at them mournfully for a moment, and flushes them down the toilet.

I can still drink and whore around though, right? And you know I'll always hook my boy up with some ghost honeys too, of course.

Esprit15
2013-01-21, 11:46 PM
"I said stop." Her voice is flat and calm, though very loud in the mon's head. The thing is forced against a wall by the chair leg it had earlier been chewing on.

She pulls out her phone, trying to focus on the mon at the same time, and calls Ethan.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-22, 12:18 AM
Ethan's pad rings, with a flick of the eyes his glasses sync with his pad, answering the phone. Hello?

Esprit15
2013-01-22, 12:37 AM
"Hey, it's-NO! I SAID HOLD STILL! Artemis. The TR mon I got *grunt* is a bit rambunctious. I'm sending you a picture of it no- ARCEUS MUKING JUDGE IT!" The phone hangs up, and about ten seconds later a picture of the mon is sent.

Meanwhile, Artemis is now using the chair to hold the mon, it being too hard to focus on holding it telekinetically while talking on the phone.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-22, 12:45 AM
Hold on a moment X. Do you mind if I call you X for short? Ethan pulls out his pad, looking at the picture, studying it. It was a Totodile, for sure, but something was clearly different. If X71 was any indication, it was almost undoubtedly a unique specimen.

[roll0] for shift ID
[roll1] For Frantic Research

Arcran
2013-01-22, 01:37 AM
"...Interesting feeling. So, what all has changed with that, then?"
He pauses from going through the kitchen to look at his dex, to see if it said what had changed with his old friend.

The 'dex records it as a Lucario; it seems it's not going to help much.

I'm faster, stronger, better than I was before. I can turn invisible, I can walk through walls. I'm stronger than I could have ever hoped to be in my past life. It's not quite worth the cost, he says, a sad look crossing his face, but it comes close.

Paul sighs happily, beginning to cry once more at the embrace, before releasing Mikey to look him in his non-face at this request.

But I...I need....my prescriptions....no. You're right. For you, I can go straight.

He takes the high-powered needles from the late Ani, looks at them mournfully for a moment, and flushes them down the toilet.

I can still drink and whore around though, right? And you know I'll always hook my boy up with some ghost honeys too, of course.

You can tell part of the Raticate wants to slap you for that, but it doesn't.

Baby steps, it says, content with that at least. Do you have a house? Or did you gamble that away too?

They are intelligent, as far as pokemon go. You, however, are by far and large, the smartest Elgyem I have ever observed. Many can vocalize themselves telepathically but struggle with our language, but you speak it fluently. You precognitive abilities are something that have been observed in very few specimens, none of them within your species. I am quite fascinated.

How can that be? If any of our kind left our homeworld they should be much like me. I would very much like to meet my kind someday, if you don't mind.

"I said stop." Her voice is flat and calm, though very loud in the mon's head. The thing is forced against a wall by the chair leg it had earlier been chewing on.

She pulls out her phone, trying to focus on the mon at the same time, and calls Ethan.

The beast is pinned to the wall, arms and legs futilely trying to pry the chair off of it.

Hold on a moment X. Do you mind if I call you X for short? Ethan pulls out his pad, looking at the picture, studying it. It was a Totodile, for sure, but something was clearly different. If X71 was any indication, it was almost undoubtedly a unique specimen.

[roll0] for shift ID
[roll1] For Frantic Research

While it's hard to deduce the level of a Pokemon so obviously changed, you can tell that it is obviously Electric.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-22, 01:42 AM
Ethan types out a message to Artemis as he talks. If I can find one, I'll gladly introduce you. You said you landed here? My hypothesis would be that your breathen that landed here before have lost some of their abilities due to inbreeding. Or possibly something in our atmosphere. I'll keep a close eye on you for any changes, just to be sure.

-It is a Totodile, Electric shifted, though I have a feeling it isn't Water anymore either. They like to bite things and doubtful the shifting changed that at all-

Esprit15
2013-01-22, 02:48 AM
The text comes just as Artemis manages to recall the mon. She nearly punches the wall as she reads it. "It lit some of the oxygen in the room into ozone and then belched sparks! Of course it's Muking Electric! I don't need to be an expert to know that!" Muking useless. Though it was a photo taken as she tried to hold it down, so maybe it made sense that he could barely discern more than her. It WAS a Totodile though, however mutated. Probably... Eh, she'd deal with it tomorrow.

She looks at the mess it already made. No damage to the table or kitchen, except a few claw marks on the floor and the broken chair. Enough duct take would fix that, though. The couch in front of the TV held up well to the biting; with her reaction of throwing the Totodile against the wall, it only looked as though a Liepard had been using the couch as a scratching post.

Speaking of the wall, there was a lovely dent with scuffing where she slammed the Pokémon into the wall, a grey crack spidering out faintly. Nothing a picture couldn't cover. Wait, if they did own this, she could put a tank for Ambly and Joe in here.

Her team suddenly being on her mind, she realizes that they need feeding. She lets out everyone. Diluvium takes up residence by a window overlooking the town, Silph Co. visible in the distance and the Saffron Gym and Center much closer. Prolios gets into the stir fry, picking out bits of meat, which Aquilla and Calva happily snatch from him.

Artemis puts a bowl with some food intended for electric types under the table for Scintilla and Fairy. Vigent meanwhile follows Prolios, getting the last rays of sunlight of the day. The two photosynthetic mons quickly fall asleep once the sun has set, the Castform shifting to a wispy, dark cloud form that hovers just above the Bayleef.

Prolios part-way through dinner starts speaking to John, the two talking about normal kid things: Pokémon, the movie from the night previous, etc.

(Leaving other details for Irn)

hustlertwo
2013-01-22, 07:03 AM
The house? Nah, that's gone. There's a maximum number of mortgages they will let you have before they start getting all antsy in the pantsy about getting paid back. And apparently that number is five. But we do have a lovely trailer to go home to, and apparently this apartment the Team Rocket people just gave me.

Eshkigal
2013-01-22, 07:50 AM
Gerald once again pats the mon. Few times is raw power ever worth the cost when it comes quickly.
"Don't worry, we'll figure something out, and we'll avenge Alistar together. But for now..."
He pulls out some premade food from the fridge. Guess TR figured he didn't know how to cook, and right now, they were right. Just another thing to learn, again
"Eat up if you need to, and then we're going to see about setting up a box at the apartment and some small unfinished business. After that, we're going to see a few of my allies, alright? Feel free to talk about Alistar or the old days to your heart's content, too. Whatever makes you feel comfortable."
Sparky lets out a small cheer as the food comes into view, and most of the mon charge the boxes as he opens them. He names each for Mars, talking slightly about how they met in each case, all of them eating at or around the couch. Experimentally, he tries sending out Lucky the Purrloin and Scruffy the Herdier, as they were probably hungry as well.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-22, 12:07 PM
'Lucky this isn't my apartment' jokes Romeo as he cleans up the mess on the floor. Once the thing was away, he lets his own team out, and Luna goes to sit beside John, Konoha joins Fairy with her brother, and Puck tries to get into Romeo's arms, even as the breeder was cleaning up. Elly was using her psychic owers to pick up the smashed glass for Romeo, and once they had tided up, she gets to eating.

Romeo gives Artemis a pokeball. 'I thought something like this may happen, so I didn't bother opening this. Didn't want 2 crazy unknown pokemon running round, not after the Krookodile.' He'd wait until Arte was ready before even trying to open his.

Esprit15
2013-01-22, 12:16 PM
She nods. "Of course. Well, I'm ready as ever."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-22, 12:30 PM
There thats done. I have an idea. Your obviously Telepathic. I'm going to visualize an image, I want you to try and read my mind, and then tell me what you saw. I'll try to resist it. Ethan visualizes a plain red ball, erecting barriers as soon as he felt the 'Mon's presence.

[roll0]

Arcran
2013-01-22, 09:19 PM
Ethan types out a message to Artemis as he talks. If I can find one, I'll gladly introduce you. You said you landed here? My hypothesis would be that your breathen that landed here before have lost some of their abilities due to inbreeding. Or possibly something in our atmosphere. I'll keep a close eye on you for any changes, just to be sure.

-It is a Totodile, Electric shifted, though I have a feeling it isn't Water anymore either. They like to bite things and doubtful the shifting changed that at all-

I truly hope that is not the case. Losing my powers would not be a pleasurable experience.

The house? Nah, that's gone. There's a maximum number of mortgages they will let you have before they start getting all antsy in the pantsy about getting paid back. And apparently that number is five. But we do have a lovely trailer to go home to, and apparently this apartment the Team Rocket people just gave me.

Let's go then, the ghost says, I have things for you to do.

Gerald once again pats the mon. Few times is raw power ever worth the cost when it comes quickly.
"Don't worry, we'll figure something out, and we'll avenge Alistar together. But for now..."
He pulls out some premade food from the fridge. Guess TR figured he didn't know how to cook, and right now, they were right. Just another thing to learn, again
"Eat up if you need to, and then we're going to see about setting up a box at the apartment and some small unfinished business. After that, we're going to see a few of my allies, alright? Feel free to talk about Alistar or the old days to your heart's content, too. Whatever makes you feel comfortable."
Sparky lets out a small cheer as the food comes into view, and most of the mon charge the boxes as he opens them. He names each for Mars, talking slightly about how they met in each case, all of them eating at or around the couch. Experimentally, he tries sending out Lucky the Purrloin and Scruffy the Herdier, as they were probably hungry as well.

Mars takes a microwave pizza, but instead of using the machine he simply lights his hand on fire, holding it over the pizza until the cheese has mostly melted. A few quick swipes of his spikes later and he has slices of pizza to devour.

I don't talk about the old days much anymore. Do you remember anything of Alistar?

'Lucky this isn't my apartment' jokes Romeo as he cleans up the mess on the floor. Once the thing was away, he lets his own team out, and Luna goes to sit beside John, Konoha joins Fairy with her brother, and Puck tries to get into Romeo's arms, even as the breeder was cleaning up. Elly was using her psychic owers to pick up the smashed glass for Romeo, and once they had tided up, she gets to eating.

Romeo gives Artemis a pokeball. 'I thought something like this may happen, so I didn't bother opening this. Didn't want 2 crazy unknown pokemon running round, not after the Krookodile.' He'd wait until Arte was ready before even trying to open his.

As you press the button on the Luxury Ball the signature red beam emanates from the ball. It forms into the shape of...

An Eevee? Didn't they know you already had one?

It's slightly bulkier than Elly, so probably male. Its ears are twitching rapidly and it looks at all the released Pokemon in fear, confused.

There thats done. I have an idea. Your obviously Telepathic. I'm going to visualize an image, I want you to try and read my mind, and then tell me what you saw. I'll try to resist it. Ethan visualizes a plain red ball, erecting barriers as soon as he felt the 'Mon's presence.

[roll0]

The Pokemon focuses and you feel something like an iron probe digging into your mind, but it does not penetrate.

Impressive. Only that Sabrina woman was able to shut me out before.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-22, 09:30 PM
Ethan releases the mental image. Only Sabrina? Ethan turns just the smallest shade of red at the unintended compliment. So that must mean your pretty good at navigating mental barriers? Intriguing. What other special ablities do you possess. If they aren't directly dangerous, could you demonstrate them for me?

Eshkigal
2013-01-22, 09:31 PM
Gerald pauses over the lo mein he found, and lowers his fork.
"...I am sorry to say I don't. There was this bidoofmuker...Aniketos. He was the Chosen of Darkrai, and...well, he ate them, Mars. He ate my memories, straight out of my head, yesterday."
He looks to the lucario, sadness in his eyes.
"I can't remember...I can't remember a muking thing, Mars. Not a bloody muking thing. Not Alistar, not Stradford, not the Tails...nothing. Nothing except the beginnings of another suicide plan, and Sparky, and I'm pretty sure none of them are coming back. And I want to know. It scares me not to know, Mars, despite whatever else I show. So...can you help me know him again?"

Esprit15
2013-01-22, 09:37 PM
"Oh, sure they give you something that's well behaved." Artemis ribs Romeo a bit. "Elly, looks like you have a little brother."

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-22, 09:38 PM
Elly, seeing the other Eevee, comes over to investigate. 'Well, at least he's more friendly than your one Arte. You want to come over here little guy? No one is going to hurt you.' Romeo crouches down, a distance away from the Eevee, and holds out his hand.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 09:55 PM
Ethan releases the mental image. Only Sabrina? Ethan turns just the smallest shade of red at the unintended compliment. So that must mean your pretty good at navigating mental barriers? Intriguing. What other special ablities do you possess. If they aren't directly dangerous, could you demonstrate them for me?

I have trouble discerning what would seem exceptional to your kind. You ability to walk so easily to extraordinary to me, yet you consider it a common occurrence. My mind powers seem extraordinary to you, yet they are as mundane as walking is to your kind.

Gerald pauses over the lo mein he found, and lowers his fork.
"...I am sorry to say I don't. There was this bidoofmuker...Aniketos. He was the Chosen of Darkrai, and...well, he ate them, Mars. He ate my memories, straight out of my head, yesterday."
He looks to the lucario, sadness in his eyes.
"I can't remember...I can't remember a muking thing, Mars. Not a bloody muking thing. Not Alistar, not Stradford, not the Tails...nothing. Nothing except the beginnings of another suicide plan, and Sparky, and I'm pretty sure none of them are coming back. And I want to know. It scares me not to know, Mars, despite whatever else I show. So...can you help me know him again?"

Darkrai? the Lucario mutters, seeming to taste the word. Akinektos? I hadn't heard anything about him. About when did he show up? he asks, interested in that point in particular.

I can help you later, but I have to know. When did he show up?

Elly, seeing the other Eevee, comes over to investigate. 'Well, at least he's more friendly than your one Arte. You want to come over here little guy? No one is going to hurt you.' Romeo crouches down, a distance away from the Eevee, and holds out his hand.

The Pokemon edges towards you, the simply walks past you, making a beeline towards Elly. A few seconds later it is attempting to sniff the butt of your prized Pokemon, ears still flicking around.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-22, 10:03 PM
I see. Well walking for my kind is their natural conveyance. Our legs have developed to carry our weight. We lack wings for flight and a rare few have psionic abilities to raise themselves telekinetically like you do. Psychics are rather rare among my kind. Their telepathic abilities are hard to resist, but anyone trained to do so can do it with a bit of luck. Sabrina is said to be the strongest Psychic on this world. The fact that only she and myself were able to block your telepathic attacks says something of your strength relative to other psychics, both Pokemon and human.

So what may seem mundane to you may be extraordinary to me. For example, your kin that my people have studied that, at your given power level can produce these effects. Holding up his pad, listing the moves Elgyem can learn up to power level 25. You may not recognize names, but are there any other techniques you can do besides these?

Eshkigal
2013-01-22, 10:05 PM
"My timeline's a little skewed because he had us in some sort of extended unconscious period for a bit, but he showed up about a week ago, I think. He ate my memories yesterday with a muked up technique I will call memory molestation as a joke. And then I blew his brains out with the help of the others. And started today off by pissing off the entity that gave him freaky powers."

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-22, 10:12 PM
Elly moves round and pins it's neck to the floor with her teeth, not in a rough way, but in a playful way, also showing she was the dominant Eevee here. She uses her Psychic powers to push it down, and should it submit, she lets it up and starts to groom it.

Romeo doesn't interfere. He knew Eevee behaviour enough to know it was just a simple show of dominance, common among all canine pokemon.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 10:31 PM
I see. Well walking for my kind is their natural conveyance. Our legs have developed to carry our weight. We lack wings for flight and a rare few have psionic abilities to raise themselves telekinetically like you do. Psychics are rather rare among my kind. Their telepathic abilities are hard to resist, but anyone trained to do so can do it with a bit of luck. Sabrina is said to be the strongest Psychic on this world. The fact that only she and myself were able to block your telepathic attacks says something of your strength relative to other psychics, both Pokemon and human.

So what may seem mundane to you may be extraordinary to me. For example, your kin that my people have studied that, at your given power level can produce these effects. Holding up his pad, listing the moves Elgyem can learn up to power level 25. You may not recognize names, but are there any other techniques you can do besides these?

The Pokemon floats in thought for a second. Have something attack me. Strongest attack you have.

"My timeline's a little skewed because he had us in some sort of extended unconscious period for a bit, but he showed up about a week ago, I think. He ate my memories yesterday with a muked up technique I will call memory molestation as a joke. And then I blew his brains out with the help of the others. And started today off by pissing off the entity that gave him freaky powers."

The knife. Where. Is. The. Knife. the Lucario says, a new sense of urgency in his voice.

Elly moves round and pins it's neck to the floor with her teeth, not in a rough way, but in a playful way, also showing she was the dominant Eevee here. She uses her Psychic powers to push it down, and should it submit, she lets it up and starts to groom it.

Romeo doesn't interfere. He knew Eevee behaviour enough to know it was just a simple show of dominance, common among all canine pokemon.

The Pokemon shrieks at Elly's "attack," quickly submitting to the older Espeon. It quickly gets up, purring slightly as Elly grooms it, a look of happiness on its face. Seems it isn't used to this kind of treatment.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-22, 10:35 PM
'Hehe, he knows well. Always submit to a strong female. They make sure and keep you safe.' He comes over and hugs Artemis, kissing her on the head as he watches Elly bond with the new addition.

Romeo gives it a quick look over, trying to see any minor mutations that would be signs of an egg move, like how Sparky's child had a stinger.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-01-22, 10:37 PM
"The knife ran on me, unfortunately. As I said, accidentally angered the patron. So we're going to have to kill the next wielder as soon as I can figure out a way to reliably track the damn thing down, so I can claim it and...I don't know. Purge its taint of Darkrai and replace it with Cresselia, I guess."
He pauses.
"It...****, it would have gone to Stradford, wouldn't it."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-22, 10:45 PM
Strongest? Alright... Mjolnir, Take Down. Mjolnir looks at Ethan a bit worried but a slight nod and the Jetang rockets towards the alien.

[roll0] AC 5 Physical Normal
[roll1]

Esprit15
2013-01-22, 11:04 PM
She rests her shoulder on his head and wraps her arms around him from behind, watching the Eevee. You are such a wimp, you know that? The tone is light, though. Jest, not insult. Well you won't need to borrow Flareons or Sim now for Eevee eggs, I guess. Wonder what they did to it to be unique.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-22, 11:22 PM
'Hey, I'm not a wimp. I'm ....' Romeo pauses '... delicate. Yeah, I'm delicate. With body like mine, can you blame me? I'd snap like a beautiful twig.' He tries the pokedex, seeing if that'd show anything up.

Arcran
2013-01-22, 11:30 PM
"The knife ran on me, unfortunately. As I said, accidentally angered the patron. So we're going to have to kill the next wielder as soon as I can figure out a way to reliably track the damn thing down, so I can claim it and...I don't know. Purge its taint of Darkrai and replace it with Cresselia, I guess."
He pauses.
"It...****, it would have gone to Stradford, wouldn't it."

You had it? And you pissed him off enough to get him to take it back? What the- nevermind, not now.

Darkrai isn't particularly choosey about the morals of who he gives his blessing to. Alistar was the last chosen before this Akinektos unless somebody in the meantime died.

I wasn't entirely honest with you about my death. It was the Chosen of Cressalia, some psycho bitch. She hunted us like dogs. You know- well, no, you didn't. Alistar and I only killed those who deserved it. No collateral. Clean hits. She pursues us like we're some kind of freaks. His powers actually helped us get away without killing too many. Anyways, she hunted us for months. She got hurt bad, but she managed to kill us both. Alistar went on, but Darkrai sent me back for some reason.

If you forfeited the knife, that means somebody else gets it which could be good or bad. Either somebody like Alistar gets it, or somebody else with a lot of potential does. If it is the latter, they must be eliminated. If it is the former, well, we don't know that yet.

Strongest? Alright... Mjolnir, Take Down. Mjolnir looks at Ethan a bit worried but a slight nod and the Jetang rockets towards the alien.

[roll0] AC 5 Physical Normal
[roll1]

The attack, which should have made the Elgyem a bloody smear on the wall, is stopped with a massive clang. Mjolnir creaks in pain, floating away while spasming slightly.

A blue shield of force surrounds the Elgyem. Protect? Probably.

Is that what you speak of?

'Hey, I'm not a wimp. I'm ....' Romeo pauses '... delicate. Yeah, I'm delicate. With body like mine, can you blame me? I'd snap like a beautiful twig.' He tries the pokedex, seeing if that'd show anything up.

The Pokedex returns info on a bog-standard Eevee.

You barely keep it tracked on the Pokemon as it starts to get curious, looking at other Pokemon. It's sniffing Fairy when a stray spark zaps it, causing it to flash yellow for perhaps a milisecond before continuing to sniff the Pokemon.

Your Pokedex dings.

Pokemon Identified: Jolteon

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-22, 11:36 PM
Ethan pacifies the Jetang with a pat from his mech arm. Yes, exactly. Any other tricks up your sleeve?

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-22, 11:42 PM
'Umm, did you see that?' he asks Arte, shaking his dex to see if it was malfunctioning.

Esprit15
2013-01-22, 11:42 PM
"Yeah...what?" She scans with hers as well. Was that a glitch?

Eshkigal
2013-01-22, 11:52 PM
Gerald's eyes widen a bit at that.
"Really? Alistar was? You're one of HIS? Though...well, frankly, I don't know which way I would've leaned, Mars, and my experience was with Aniketos. I have no real prior knowledge of Darkrai, and while you seem reasonable enough that I'll let you explain his side, I don't really feel like having him with some claim on me. Not after that. However, I can tell you one thing that may bring mixed feelings to you, but if the Chosen is more like Aniketos will come in handy. One of my companions is the new Chosen of Cresselia, so if the knife arises in the hands of someone dangerous, we will know when it does show up again, and we can act. We can stop them before they nearly destroy a city and start a war."
He pauses again.
"Now, who was the last Chosen of Cresselia? This cycle I can describe as much more like Alistar, where he just wants to keep as many people safe as he can. It's an admirable point about him, though he does tend to get angry easily."

hustlertwo
2013-01-23, 07:12 AM
Follow my lead, Mikey. We'll have to show you to one of the people I've been bumming around with later, he's a big fan from way back.

Paul walks with the spectral mon. He natters on during the whole walk, talking nonstop as he was so prone to do as a young lad. He also scans Mikey as they go along, curious as to what he will ring up as.

So where to first, Mikey?

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-23, 09:25 AM
Romeo goes and collects Konoha, and brings her over to the Eevee. He places her beside it, and picks up Fairy. 'Let's see if it happens again.'

Arcran
2013-01-23, 05:15 PM
Ethan pacifies the Jetang with a pat from his mech arm. Yes, exactly. Any other tricks up your sleeve?

None that I may demonstrate without causing damage to this room.

"Yeah...what?" She scans with hers as well. Was that a glitch?

Your Pokedex registers it as a bog-standard Eevee.

Gerald's eyes widen a bit at that.
"Really? Alistar was? You're one of HIS? Though...well, frankly, I don't know which way I would've leaned, Mars, and my experience was with Aniketos. I have no real prior knowledge of Darkrai, and while you seem reasonable enough that I'll let you explain his side, I don't really feel like having him with some claim on me. Not after that. However, I can tell you one thing that may bring mixed feelings to you, but if the Chosen is more like Aniketos will come in handy. One of my companions is the new Chosen of Cresselia, so if the knife arises in the hands of someone dangerous, we will know when it does show up again, and we can act. We can stop them before they nearly destroy a city and start a war."
He pauses again.
"Now, who was the last Chosen of Cresselia? This cycle I can describe as much more like Alistar, where he just wants to keep as many people safe as he can. It's an admirable point about him, though he does tend to get angry easily."

You're with her new chosen? he says, looking at you with shock. That may not be a good idea. The last one... She was crazy. We killed drug traffickers, mobsters. Nobody that was worth anything. At most we killed two or three guards in our entire career. She probably killed more people chasing us down than we ever did. She was a Psychic. Not the strongest, but vicious. Brutal. We don't know what we did against her, but she had some grudge against us. The only thing we'd taken is a little power. No cost, no obligation. He just wanted to see what we'd do with it. Apparently that's worth death to Cressalia.

Darkrai might not care who he gives his blessing to, but he's fair. Random. Anything they do is all up to the person. Cressalia changes people. Subtly. Slowly. Think they're acting in the name of good and all that. Sometimes they are. Sometimes they hunt down a halfway-decent assassin for no reason.

Follow my lead, Mikey. We'll have to show you to one of the people I've been bumming around with later, he's a big fan from way back.

Paul walks with the spectral mon. He natters on during the whole walk, talking nonstop as he was so prone to do as a young lad. He also scans Mikey as they go along, curious as to what he will ring up as.

So where to first, Mikey?

You're getting me food, it says, chains clattering slightly. You know what I like.

The Pokedax rings up Mikey in an instant.

Ghape

This is a Pokemon reanimated through the cursed Purple Mollusc, a ship so vile that the gods themselves cursed the crew to roam the world forever in search of their pants. This Pokemon was likely some sort of ape before being shifted into the monstrosity it now is.

Romeo goes and collects Konoha, and brings her over to the Eevee. He places her beside it, and picks up Fairy. 'Let's see if it happens again.'

The Eevee sniffs the Vulpix, but nothing seems to happen.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-23, 05:25 PM
Fair enough. How bout outside then? Ethan motions to the window, which Mjolnir opens, surprisingly gingerly for his side and lack of opposable thumbs.

Eshkigal
2013-01-23, 05:36 PM
"To be fair, so was the last Chosen of Darkrai after Alistar. Did I mention he drew us out by conducting a slaughter in a park? Or that he was trying to wipe Saffron off the map? Power can corrupt any view, so better to earn it and understand it than have it freely given away. Anyway, if it makes you feel better, he's not a fighter. He's the medic. He abhors the kind of violence we're talking about, but...well, he has been lashing out, more. Though admittedly provoked each time-I basically killed two men following Aniketos's city destroying plan in cold blood, after they surrendered or were unable to fight back, then convinced his girlfriend to kill one because he had a giant rock crushing him and she was the most likely to be sent to kill. Not sure if that's the only reason I had her do it, though, but still kinda justified. Another was when a coworker stopped holding his mon back in a fight and nearly killed his starter, he thunder waved them. On his own, though, he can barely punch most of the time. Also...he saved my life a week ago. He was practically crippled because he did. Well, until he presumably got fixed by cresselia. I think he's more...well, chosen to be an inspiration, not a warrior. Though if he lashes out at you, or his mon do...well, friend or not, I won't allow him to kill anyone. Even if I have to go through him. Now, do you have a name to go along with this psychic? I'd like to see what I can find."

hustlertwo
2013-01-23, 07:08 PM
Really? You can still eat cheeseburgers and sourdough pretzels while you're...you know, dead? Impressive. Oh, and I think you broke this hunk of junk, by the way.

He lightly thumps the top of the Pokedax, and goes off to the nearest grocery store to buy provisions for his undead pal.

Esprit15
2013-01-23, 07:24 PM
"Just an Eevee to mine..." She looks confused for a second. Very odd. Wait... "Let me try something." She pets the Eevee, a strong spark hopping off of her body to the brown canid as she does so. She keeps her dex focused, scanning the Pokémon as it is hit with the electricity.

Arcran
2013-01-24, 05:42 PM
Fair enough. How bout outside then? Ethan motions to the window, which Mjolnir opens, surprisingly gingerly for his side and lack of opposable thumbs.

The Elgyem flashes annoyance across to you.

Fine, it says, waving a hand at Mjolnir.

The Metang, who had previously been floating just off the ground, slams down, cracking the floor slightly.

"To be fair, so was the last Chosen of Darkrai after Alistar. Did I mention he drew us out by conducting a slaughter in a park? Or that he was trying to wipe Saffron off the map? Power can corrupt any view, so better to earn it and understand it than have it freely given away. Anyway, if it makes you feel better, he's not a fighter. He's the medic. He abhors the kind of violence we're talking about, but...well, he has been lashing out, more. Though admittedly provoked each time-I basically killed two men following Aniketos's city destroying plan in cold blood, after they surrendered or were unable to fight back, then convinced his girlfriend to kill one because he had a giant rock crushing him and she was the most likely to be sent to kill. Not sure if that's the only reason I had her do it, though, but still kinda justified. Another was when a coworker stopped holding his mon back in a fight and nearly killed his starter, he thunder waved them. On his own, though, he can barely punch most of the time. Also...he saved my life a week ago. He was practically crippled because he did. Well, until he presumably got fixed by cresselia. I think he's more...well, chosen to be an inspiration, not a warrior. Though if he lashes out at you, or his mon do...well, friend or not, I won't allow him to kill anyone. Even if I have to go through him. Now, do you have a name to go along with this psychic? I'd like to see what I can find."

No, you don't understand. Darkrai's powers; how they use them are your own prerogative. Darkrai isn't evil, but Akni-whatever was. He doesn't claim to be good or evil. Cressalia uses the guise of good to control her disciples, bending them to her will.

Just... Keep an eye on him. If he starts acting stranger, take him down. For his own good.

Her name? She was named Jaquelyn, but I doubt you'll find much on her. Bit of a ghost.

Really? You can still eat cheeseburgers and sourdough pretzels while you're...you know, dead? Impressive. Oh, and I think you broke this hunk of junk, by the way.

He lightly thumps the top of the Pokedax, and goes off to the nearest grocery store to buy provisions for his undead pal.

The Raticate isn't letting you get off easy; two carts full and ^1,000 in food later he finally lets you leave. When you're outside pieces of food just start disappearing into the purple haze. You can't tell how he's eating it, but apparently he can.

You do get quite a few nasty looks from Psychics as you walk around with your chained Ghost.

"Just an Eevee to mine..." She looks confused for a second. Very odd. Wait... "Let me try something." She pets the Eevee, a strong spark hopping off of her body to the brown canid as she does so. She keeps her dex focused, scanning the Pokémon as it is hit with the electricity.

You shock once again forces it into another form.

Pokemon Scanned: Jolteon

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-24, 05:57 PM
Ethan blinks. Well I suppose a dent in the floor is preferable to a metang plumetting down several stories, now isn't it? Gravity. Interesting Move. Ethan waits for the effect to wear off, gently petting Mjolnir, who looked a bit annoyed at being ground-bound.

Eshkigal
2013-01-24, 06:12 PM
"No, I picked up on that, but I'm just expressing doubts that most people can receive so much power from either side without some kind of impact mentally, but that's just a trait of power I'm commenting on. Darkrai interfering or not with his Chosen is not even coming up, just that power freely given still probably has a price, and it can be the erosion of morality and sanity due to ego inflation. Or to put it a different way, suddenly being more powerful than your fellows can lead to a bit of a god complex, Alistar being an exception as he tried to make the world better than it was before rather than revel in newfound power. As for Jaquelyn...well, to us she may be. However, I know someone who literally lives in the system. A rotom named Jane, to be precise."
He flips open his phone.
"Before you worry too much about this, he's not exactly on speaking terms with the Chosen at the moment, and he's headed to Olivine soon. He's also a staunch atheist, so no need to worry on him really wanting details on the religious aspects."
He hits the call button, putting it on speaker and waiting for Ethan to pick up.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-24, 06:46 PM
'Umm, Arte...' Romeo steps back, and pulls out the Thunder Stone he had for Fairy. Being a breeder, he knew a fair bit about evolution. 'Usually, it's the radiation from a stone that causes mutations in a pokemon, allowing them to transcend their normal evolutionary limits. This little guy ..' need a name '...Rock here seems able to react based on the energy form, rather than needing radiation. And based on him flashing back for a second before, it might go two ways.'

'Elly, can you ask Rock if he knows anything about this? And if he can change back. He might now how you can switch between Umbreon and Espeon forms.'

Esprit15
2013-01-24, 07:12 PM
"I think the powers have different sources. Elly's is likely brought on by will. This looks a lot more...reactionary. Wonder what happens if we sprayed him down with water. Or put him in a garden. Or took him to a burial tower."

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-24, 07:28 PM
'Arte, don't hurt him' says Romeo, a little panicked.

Esprit15
2013-01-24, 07:37 PM
"What? No! I was going out of my way to think of scenarios that wouldn't hurt him. No way I can think of getting him really exposed to Steel, for example, without likely damaging him."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-24, 08:25 PM
Ethan answers the phone again, making a mental note to put a caller id tag on the HUD. Hello Artemis, what is it this time?

Eshkigal
2013-01-24, 08:46 PM
"Hey Ethan. So, who and what species is your Rocket mon? I got a ghost lucario named Mars I used to work with, and we got to talking about the person that killed him and his former trainer, someone who was apparently a friend of mine back in the old days. On that note, would you mind if I talk with Jane for a bit about some independent research, tonight? She'll be compensated for any time spent with a robot body once I have some money to spend, and I promise her compensation will be useful to you too."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-24, 08:55 PM
X71, Elgyem. Jane did you hear that?

hustlertwo
2013-01-25, 07:18 AM
Hopefully this is just a welcome back binge, because I can't afford too many more of these sorts of meals. Although I guess we can always do what we normally do when times are tight: beat on some random shlub's mons until money falls out of 'em. The glory of Pokemon training! Where to next, Mikey boy?

Paul ignores the Psychics, simply enjoying his time with his old friend again.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-25, 10:37 AM
'Steeeeel? Artemis,there are 7 recorded Eeveelutions, and I hate to break it to you, but none are Steel type. Nor Ghost type.'

Sure, there weren't any Electric type Totodiles, but Romeo would rather check for any of the other 7 first before 'new' Eeveelutions. So far, all they knew for sure was Jolteon.

Esprit15
2013-01-25, 10:45 AM
"Eevee don't turn into Jolteon when just shocked either. So what, you want to give him a shower and see if he turns into a Water type?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-25, 10:55 AM
'Let Elly talk to him. I'm not Ethan, I don't subject my pokemon to a bunch of experiments. If we know it doesn't hurt him, and he can control it, then we can see what else Rock can do. I always put my pokemon's safety first.' Artemis feels a flash of anger from Romeo as he remembers what Ethan did to Elly.

Esprit15
2013-01-25, 11:15 AM
Relax. Put it out of your mind. You're stressed and angry, but he's not here right now. Just you and me...and John. "Sure, better to check with him."

Arcran
2013-01-26, 02:16 PM
Ethan blinks. Well I suppose a dent in the floor is preferable to a metang plumetting down several stories, now isn't it? Gravity. Interesting Move. Ethan waits for the effect to wear off, gently petting Mjolnir, who looked a bit annoyed at being ground-bound.

Eventually Mjonlir pulls himself off the ground, blinking out curses.

If you don't mind, I would like to rest, X71 says, floating towards your bed and laying on it.

"No, I picked up on that, but I'm just expressing doubts that most people can receive so much power from either side without some kind of impact mentally, but that's just a trait of power I'm commenting on. Darkrai interfering or not with his Chosen is not even coming up, just that power freely given still probably has a price, and it can be the erosion of morality and sanity due to ego inflation. Or to put it a different way, suddenly being more powerful than your fellows can lead to a bit of a god complex, Alistar being an exception as he tried to make the world better than it was before rather than revel in newfound power. As for Jaquelyn...well, to us she may be. However, I know someone who literally lives in the system. A rotom named Jane, to be precise."
He flips open his phone.
"Before you worry too much about this, he's not exactly on speaking terms with the Chosen at the moment, and he's headed to Olivine soon. He's also a staunch atheist, so no need to worry on him really wanting details on the religious aspects."
He hits the call button, putting it on speaker and waiting for Ethan to pick up.

Just keep an eye on the idiot. He probably had no idea what he was getting into.

'Umm, Arte...' Romeo steps back, and pulls out the Thunder Stone he had for Fairy. Being a breeder, he knew a fair bit about evolution. 'Usually, it's the radiation from a stone that causes mutations in a pokemon, allowing them to transcend their normal evolutionary limits. This little guy ..' need a name '...Rock here seems able to react based on the energy form, rather than needing radiation. And based on him flashing back for a second before, it might go two ways.'

'Elly, can you ask Rock if he knows anything about this? And if he can change back. He might now how you can switch between Umbreon and Espeon forms.'

He doesn't seem to understand it much himself. He just knows that when he would be hurt by something he changes to survive. He doesn't seem to know any other forms other than the Electric, Fire, and Water ones.

And I would suggest being gentle about it. The methods used to give him this ability were not the kindest.

X71, Elgyem. Jane did you hear that?

Yes, I heard that. What does the armless man require?

Hopefully this is just a welcome back binge, because I can't afford too many more of these sorts of meals. Although I guess we can always do what we normally do when times are tight: beat on some random shlub's mons until money falls out of 'em. The glory of Pokemon training! Where to next, Mikey boy?

Paul ignores the Psychics, simply enjoying his time with his old friend again.

Do you have new Pokemon? I want to meet them.

hustlertwo
2013-01-26, 02:29 PM
Yeah; not PC boxes full of them like I used to, but built back to a pretty respectable team. Right now I'm carrying the squad that just got me this beauty.

He flashes the Marsh Badge.

Now I will warn you, I do have another Raticate. Wasn't a slight on your memory, or even something I planned; his family and I sorta rescued each other from imprisonment, and he's been helping me out.

He finds a secluded spot in the park on the Psychic side of town where he had fought so many trainer battles of late, and releases the six mon he used against Samara.

The Smoochum is Zoophy, my sweet little thing. Got her from Copycat, who I am sure you remember. And yes, before you ask, she's still pretty hot. Copycat, that is. Frondly the Frillish was a trainer trade, that Bubblebeam really packs a punch. BB the Raticate, I mentioned already. Actually evolved during the gym fight, and then ripped a Murkrow up and down in the process. The Heatmor is Zippo, hatched him fron an egg that got left behind at the trailer after a particularly wild party. The Sandshrew is Willy, a wilds catch with a thirst for violence that certainly does endear her to me. And Buck...wait, I think you two met before, didn't you? He's been around so long it was back when you were still with me.

Eshkigal
2013-01-26, 02:37 PM
"Don't worry, Mars, we both will."

Esprit15
2013-01-26, 03:05 PM
Artemis nods, petting the terrified Eevee/Jolteon. "Sorry, I got a little overzealous there. No hard feelings?" The bowl of Pokémon food from Scintilla and Fairy slides over to him, as if an apology offering.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-26, 05:42 PM
Ethan nods to the Alien, letting it rest. The Armless wonder wants to know if you would do some research for us. He says he will pay you with a body. Probably not as good as the Body the Boss Lady promised, but something for the mean time.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-26, 05:54 PM
As Romeo expected. The same reason Romeo didn't want Ethan any where near his Steelupi. To Scientists "Do No Harm" was treated with the same amount of respect as "Mew Protects". Stupid idiots would melt their own mother if they thought it would lead to a breakthrough.

'Tell him he's safe here. We'll look for ways to let him transform without hurting him. Failing that, we won't transform him at all. He has my word.'

Elly smiles at Romeo and does as instructed while Romeo comes over and pets the little guy.

Arcran
2013-01-26, 08:14 PM
Yeah; not PC boxes full of them like I used to, but built back to a pretty respectable team. Right now I'm carrying the squad that just got me this beauty.

He flashes the Marsh Badge.

Now I will warn you, I do have another Raticate. Wasn't a slight on your memory, or even something I planned; his family and I sorta rescued each other from imprisonment, and he's been helping me out.

He finds a secluded spot in the park on the Psychic side of town where he had fought so many trainer battles of late, and releases the six mon he used against Samara.

The Smoochum is Zoophy, my sweet little thing. Got her from Copycat, who I am sure you remember. And yes, before you ask, she's still pretty hot. Copycat, that is. Frondly the Frillish was a trainer trade, that Bubblebeam really packs a punch. BB the Raticate, I mentioned already. Actually evolved during the gym fight, and then ripped a Murkrow up and down in the process. The Heatmor is Zippo, hatched him fron an egg that got left behind at the trailer after a particularly wild party. The Sandshrew is Willy, a wilds catch with a thirst for violence that certainly does endear her to me. And Buck...wait, I think you two met before, didn't you? He's been around so long it was back when you were still with me.

For a long time, Mikey simply stares at the other Pokemon. Well, seems to stare. From the looks of horror slowly crossing the faces of the other Pokemon, even Buck, you can assume he is talking to them.

I think they'll do.

"Don't worry, Mars, we both will."

Good, he says, looking to you. What's our first job? I assume you have a mission.

Artemis nods, petting the terrified Eevee/Jolteon. "Sorry, I got a little overzealous there. No hard feelings?" The bowl of Pokémon food from Scintilla and Fairy slides over to him, as if an apology offering.

The Pokemon shies away from you, taking cover near Elly.

It would seem he doesn't like you much, the Espeon says cooly, taking the food telekinetically and placing it near the Eevee who begins to devour it.

Ethan nods to the Alien, letting it rest. The Armless wonder wants to know if you would do some research for us. He says he will pay you with a body. Probably not as good as the Body the Boss Lady promised, but something for the mean time.

Pay me? With a body?Well, I guess, she says, not seeming particularly excited. What's he want me to look up?

As Romeo expected. The same reason Romeo didn't want Ethan any where near his Steelupi. To Scientists "Do No Harm" was treated with the same amount of respect as "Mew Protects". Stupid idiots would melt their own mother if they thought it would lead to a breakthrough.

'Tell him he's safe here. We'll look for ways to let him transform without hurting him. Failing that, we won't transform him at all. He has my word.'

Elly smiles at Romeo and does as instructed while Romeo comes over and pets the little guy.

The Eevee hesitantly accepts your touch, allowing you to pet him for as long as you wish.

He seems alright with that.

Eshkigal
2013-01-26, 08:23 PM
"Not yet we don't. This is heal after maulings time, so we're going to see if Jaquelin is still a concern or there's only one Chosen of Cresselia at a time, train, manage setup for the next one, heal up, and find an equalizer if we need it. That means you are meeting the others and John."
He then remembers he's on a phone.
"Is she in? I'm looking into a potential Ani-tier issue, namely seeing if this person is dead or still active. It'd be nice to know as if she's around, Mars and I are probably soon to be primary targets."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-26, 08:27 PM
You can't stay out of trouble can you? What's her name? Or any other info to go on? Ethan repeats what he hears directly to Jane.

Eshkigal
2013-01-26, 08:40 PM
"To be fair, this one came with Mars, bad luck just follows me around. Probably why I named the purrloin Lucky. Anyway, what Mars told me about his murderer is that she is or was a psychic named Jaquelyn, J-a-q-u-e-l-y-n. Her name would be near the deaths of prominent mobsters, mass slaughters, and around the death of a man named Alistar, my friend, most likely. I'll try and get a text to you guys with full details later to work with at your leisure, but for now Mars and I are going to check on the others. Are you going to be up packing for a while, or head out late tomorrow? I'd like to drop by and thank you both, honestly, and let Mars meet you guys, and I was wondering when the best time would be."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-26, 08:44 PM
I'll be leaving early tomorrow. I have no other plans for the night.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-26, 09:33 PM
'Let him rest for today. Big day, getting a new trainer and a new family.'

hustlertwo
2013-01-26, 10:21 PM
Easy with the pep talk, Mikey. You guys have to work together. Oh, and by the way, forgot to tell you something else that's changed a bit.

Paul puts a hand on his friend and attempts to channel Mikey, and see what moves he has to Borrow.

Esprit15
2013-01-26, 10:30 PM
"Yeah..." Forget it, it's not personal. She looks at her team and Romeo's. "Were you planning to breed any of your team tonight? There's a closet and a bathroom, so you could have two or three pairings. Rather keep my room free of mon breeding, though."

Eshkigal
2013-01-27, 11:37 AM
"Mind if we drop by, then? If only to get specifications to how Jane would like her body to look and any tools you'd both like built in?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-27, 01:07 PM
"Sure. Ill be going to sleep shortly after.

Eshkigal
2013-01-27, 02:13 PM
"We'll be over shortly, then. What's your address?"
Once he gets it, he looks to Mars.
"Right, since we're between missions, let's set up so we can get some warning about Jaquelyn if she didn't die, and a few errands. Sparky, Squint, Kubota, Glasgow, with us. The rest of you can stay and relax."
Squint hisses happily before slithering over, licking the metal hand happily as he winds around, while Sparky chirps approval and happiness, skittering onto Gerald's head. Kubota mumbles, unhappy with having to move but pushing herself up, and Glasgow scurries over enthusiastically, having been stuck in the ball a while.
"What would you prefer more, Mars, walking around invisibly or the ball?"
Kubota gets recalled, as her preference is easy to guess.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-27, 03:53 PM
'Rock is too new to try and force him to breed, and I already have enough eggs to look after.' Romeo places the back of his hand against Artemis's forehead. 'Besides, you need rest, not hanky panky. You want me and John to sleep in my apartment? or do you want me to stay?'

Esprit15
2013-01-27, 04:16 PM
Artemis grumbles. Been nearly a week for you. Is that a personal record? "No...I'd still prefer you stay, unless you need to head over there for something. Rather have someone here if I have another smoke induced nightmare."

Arcran
2013-01-27, 06:15 PM
Easy with the pep talk, Mikey. You guys have to work together. Oh, and by the way, forgot to tell you something else that's changed a bit.

Paul puts a hand on his friend and attempts to channel Mikey, and see what moves he has to Borrow.

The Pokemon winces at the Channeling, something you don't normally see. He has most of the moves he used to; Bite, Pursuit, Hyper Fang, Quick Attack, and Swords Dance from his own skills and Iron Tail, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Thunder Fang, and Rock Smash from your training.

Same old stuff that I've always had, the Ghost mutters into your mind.

Something catches your notice though. One move that your Raticate definitely hadn't had; Shadow Force.

And maybe a new trick, it says, the gaseous body forming an eerie grin.

"We'll be over shortly, then. What's your address?"
Once he gets it, he looks to Mars.
"Right, since we're between missions, let's set up so we can get some warning about Jaquelyn if she didn't die, and a few errands. Sparky, Squint, Kubota, Glasgow, with us. The rest of you can stay and relax."
Squint hisses happily before slithering over, licking the metal hand happily as he winds around, while Sparky chirps approval and happiness, skittering onto Gerald's head. Kubota mumbles, unhappy with having to move but pushing herself up, and Glasgow scurries over enthusiastically, having been stuck in the ball a while.
"What would you prefer more, Mars, walking around invisibly or the ball?"
Kubota gets recalled, as her preference is easy to guess.

Ball. I can only stay invisible for a few minutes at most. It'll be easier that way.

After the Lucario disappears into his Luxury Ball, you soon make your way to Ethan's. A quick knock gets you inside, where Jane is still searching.

At Ethan's....

Jane disappears into your pad, websites popping up and down in a flurry. Eventually a whistling noise comes from the pad.

Your friend got in deep. This lady is psycho. Fifty-four found dead at the Fuschia docks, her involvement suspected. Another twenty-four found in Olivine. After that though, her trail disappears. Nothing. I'm looking for big slaughters of the less-than moral, but I'm not finding much. Either dead or disappeared. Oh, wait. Looks like two years ago she blew up a building. Escape police custody despite being badly wounded. Kills a pilot, hijacks a plane, never seen again.

I suppose it's too much to hope that plane crashed?

Artemis grumbles. Been nearly a week for you. Is that a personal record? "No...I'd still prefer you stay, unless you need to head over there for something. Rather have someone here if I have another smoke induced nightmare."

The new Eevee heads into a corner, curling up and taking a nap. Elly shoots him an almost motherly look, then looks back to you guys.

Whatever you guys do, keep it down. He needs to rest. You can try to get him to change tomorrow, but be gentle.

Eshkigal
2013-01-27, 06:28 PM
Gerald grimaces. Of course she'd have disappeared
"That'd be too fortuitous for my luck. Though she might have gone after bidoofmuker first. I know she'd have a grudge against him too. Can you pull up a picture quickly? Also, reported cause of deaths, if consistent? Brain hemorrhage, burning, freezing, anything like that?"
He sends Mars out.
"Any of this look familiar, Mars?"

Arcran
2013-01-28, 12:36 AM
Gerald grimaces. Of course she'd have disappeared
"That'd be too fortuitous for my luck. Though she might have gone after bidoofmuker first. I know she'd have a grudge against him too. Can you pull up a picture quickly? Also, reported cause of deaths, if consistent? Brain hemorrhage, burning, freezing, anything like that?"
He sends Mars out.
"Any of this look familiar, Mars?"

Cause of death is unknown. There wasn't enough left of the bodies to be able to discern that.

That's her. That's definitely her.

hustlertwo
2013-01-28, 06:30 AM
A new trick indeed. Now tell me; you were always fast on your feet, but do you fly through the air with the greatest of ease now as well? And sorry about the surprise there, never seen that reaction before.

Paul releases the channel on Mikey, and returns his team.

Now then, shall we go meet up with some of the other Rocketmen I've been hanging with? Or should we stop by the store and pimp your ride a little more? If there's any way to get Shadow Punch on you, I think that could prove quite helpful.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-28, 10:35 AM
Romeo nods to Elly, promising to do as she asked.

'Hey, I went a whole month that one time I got sent to Oblivia due to a ticket mix-up.' Romeo was exaggerating, it was only really 12 days. 'John, you're going to bed in an hour. Me and Artemis will both be here if you need us, but Arte has went through alot today. So if you need anything, just ask me, okay?' Luna and Puck take up postions either side of John, cuddling into him and making the most of TV before John went to bed and if went off.

Romeo comes back over to Arte. 'I have an idea. I've got a Thunder stone, which causes evolution in normal cases. It should act as a stand-in for getting hurt. I could grab a Fire and Water stone. I'll evolve him with the Water Stone. Worst comes to worst, he evolves and is stuck there, curing his transforming problem, and I have stones for Fairy and Konoha for later. If it only works as any old attack would, it transforms him and will hurt much less.' He looks a little pleased at himself for thinking that. 'Then the only problem is your Totodile and the Steelupi, need to get them under control.'

Esprit15
2013-01-28, 10:48 AM
"Oh you poor thing." She laughs that he thought less than two weeks felt like a month to him. Still, if that was tough for him, he's trying really hard to do well here. Shouldn't tempt him.

"That sounds good. Yeah, the disorder reminds me of something we had learned about in class, some Hoenn mon that does something similar. Our final on Type Matchups was to beat one in a fight as quickly as possible. Changing types against your will is not a very good thing." She thinks on the Tododile as it gets brought up. "Yeah, not sure what do do with that. Seems that it needs a lot of food, and I am not sure I can afford to keep it obedient that way. Might just have to show it who is boss the old fashioned way, unless you have another idea." She looks at the Luxury Ball and scoffs. 'Makes mons more obedient.' Bouffalant ****.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-28, 11:21 AM
'Probably the best way. Reptile pokemon seem to respond mostly to strength, I mean look at that Krookodile we met. We were far to weak to use that. And if you need it, I have an ice cane. It should notice ice attacks, and the cane itself blunts your attack power, meaning you won't hit it too hard.'

Esprit15
2013-01-28, 11:24 AM
"Lets just have a medic on standby if we need him."

Eshkigal
2013-01-28, 12:30 PM
Gerald sighs.
"Of course. You know, if they wanted me to kill people for them, they could just say 'hey, these muks are causing problems. Silence them' rather than mess with records or give mon with people possibly after them. No offense, Mars, I like having you around. Just finding their general attempts at tricking jobs out of me annoying."
He looks to the pad and Jane.
"Anyway, now that we know she's still out there, what would you like your new body to look like? Completely in your specifications to as close as I can make them, no budget limitations. Might ask you to dig around for my own background later, as what they gave is woefully sparse in useful information."

Arcran
2013-01-29, 10:48 PM
A new trick indeed. Now tell me; you were always fast on your feet, but do you fly through the air with the greatest of ease now as well? And sorry about the surprise there, never seen that reaction before.

Paul releases the channel on Mikey, and returns his team.

Now then, shall we go meet up with some of the other Rocketmen I've been hanging with? Or should we stop by the store and pimp your ride a little more? If there's any way to get Shadow Punch on you, I think that could prove quite helpful.

Paul, it's late, the Pokemon says. He's right; you hadn't even picked up the Pokemon until 10. Let's just go rest.

Gerald sighs.
"Of course. You know, if they wanted me to kill people for them, they could just say 'hey, these muks are causing problems. Silence them' rather than mess with records or give mon with people possibly after them. No offense, Mars, I like having you around. Just finding their general attempts at tricking jobs out of me annoying."
He looks to the pad and Jane.
"Anyway, now that we know she's still out there, what would you like your new body to look like? Completely in your specifications to as close as I can make them, no budget limitations. Might ask you to dig around for my own background later, as what they gave is woefully sparse in useful information."

Just give me a laser cannon. A big one.

Eshkigal
2013-01-29, 10:54 PM
"Tank it is! Anyway, take care, all of you. Also...before you go, I think there's one thing we need to do, Ethan, Mjolnir."
Gerald extends his fist.
"Triple Mecha Brofist? Don't think we did that with Mjolnir's evolution yet."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-01-29, 11:08 PM
Ethan smirks, shaking his head a bit. He raises his arm, Mjolnir raising his as well. Triple Mecha Brofist.

hustlertwo
2013-01-30, 06:46 AM
Paul nods, and leads his newly reacquired pal back to the trailer where they both retire.

Eshkigal
2013-01-31, 01:21 PM
CLANK!CHARACTER LIMIT!

Gerald nods, and looks to his friend's team.
"All of you take care, alright? Might drop by your way if I get a chance."
He waves, and sets out again, recalling Mars. Man was it late...well, may as well set up the box now, so more mon can stay out of the balls. He drops by the Center.
"Hi, I have a zigzagoon that I caught for a kid who should be checking for a starter. Can I turn that in here, please?"
He pulls the pokeball he's been holding for the kid out.

Esprit15
2013-02-01, 03:25 AM
Artemis puts on a movie for her and Romeo. Lets see, no, no, he won't like that, oh Arceus that one was bad... Hm, that wasn't bad. She takes out the Pokéstars Studio movie, The Giant Woman, and puts it in the player. It seemed like something Romeo would like. Romantic near the end, still has all the panicking civilians fleeing the streets of Castelia that she loved.

She passes out on Romeo's lap half way through.
Since we never stated we went to sleep, just wanted to make it clear.

Arcran
2013-02-02, 03:38 AM
Paul nods, and leads his newly reacquired pal back to the trailer where they both retire.

Your team returns to your home with you. Mikey, surprisingly, declines to share a bed with you, instead lying in the corner for his rest.

You awake whenever you wish the next morning.

CLANK!CHARACTER LIMIT!

Gerald nods, and looks to his friend's team.
"All of you take care, alright? Might drop by your way if I get a chance."
He waves, and sets out again, recalling Mars. Man was it late...well, may as well set up the box now, so more mon can stay out of the balls. He drops by the Center.
"Hi, I have a zigzagoon that I caught for a kid who should be checking for a starter. Can I turn that in here, please?"
He pulls the pokeball he's been holding for the kid out.

The Nurse nods, taking the ball and placing it on a pedestal. It disappears into a stream of light.

The Pokemon has been uploaded to the Pokemon Box System. Do you require anything else?

Artemis puts on a movie for her and Romeo. Lets see, no, no, he won't like that, oh Arceus that one was bad... Hm, that wasn't bad. She takes out the Pokéstars Studio movie, The Giant Woman, and puts it in the player. It seemed like something Romeo would like. Romantic near the end, still has all the panicking civilians fleeing the streets of Castelia that she loved.

She passes out on Romeo's lap half way through.
Since we never stated we went to sleep, just wanted to make it clear.

Once again as you fall asleep, the shadowy tendrils of a nightmare take root in your brain.

This time it is nothing fancy. It doesn't even really take a tangible shape. It's the darkest corners of your mind, forming terrors of the night. They are unexplainable, incomprehensible, but they take the form of true terror.

Esprit15
2013-02-02, 04:39 AM
Artemis wakes just as the sun was beginning to rise, screaming, one hand firmly clamped in a deathgrip to Romeo's arm. The apartment lights up and wind makes a mess of nothing but a few pieces of silverware.

Vigent and Diluvium are both outside, getting the morning rays of light, and are not significantly bothered. The rest of her team on the other hand gets a more rude awakening. Scintilla and Prolios hide in the closet, while Aquilla and Calva fly into the bathroom, Calva closing the door with a gust of wind.

The scream lasts a good five or ten seconds before she stops, panting, covered in cold sweat.

Eshkigal
2013-02-02, 04:45 AM
"Is there anything special I need to know about setting up a box location? I recently got an address I think will be in constant use, so I'd like to set it up as my first box".

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 12:42 PM
'Argh!' Romeo would have probably jumped away from Arte in shock,if she hadn't clamped down onto his arm. Once she calms down, he gives her a hug. 'Shh shh shh, I'm right here.'

Once she is settled, he'd check and see if anyone woke up from that. He also takes a couple needles from his med-kit and draws some of his own blood.

'Arte, come here. I'll take a sample. I can ask to have it analysed by either the hspital or Silph labs and see if I can find anything about a cure for this.'

Esprit15
2013-02-02, 12:53 PM
Artemis sits, panting and wide eyed. As almost an afterthought, eventually she lets her grip loosen, and barely flinches as he draws a bit of blood. It still takes a minute to compose herself fully, at which point she finally hugs him back. "...what did I do? They're never like this, or there's a reason for them. When Hank died, when I accidentally killed the Totodile: those I could almost see coming. This isn't the same. Now it's just torture for the *sniff* sake of torture." She's nearly crying as she says this.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 01:01 PM
Romeo embraces Artemis and kisses her on the forehead protectively.'Hey, hey, hey. You got me. I'm right here.' He shows her the blood he's withdrawn. 'This isn't you, this is a side-effect. And for once, I get to be strong for you. You leave this to me. I'll have you sleeping soundly in no time.'

Esprit15
2013-02-02, 01:32 PM
Arte's breathing slows and becomes less panicked, and she gives him another hug. Slowly, she gets up, finding the hiding members of her team.

Scintilla and Prolios are both still in their closet. You woke me u- Now is really not the best time for you to be getting uppity. You want to sleep more, here. She recalls him. Scintilla darts out of the closet and looks for his sister.

Finding Aquilla, she hugs the little eaglet. "Sorry for waking you like that, boy. Didn't sleep well at all."

As Romeo does what Romeo needs to do, she stays in the bathroom, talking to the Rufflet about everything that had gone on the past few days. It didn't matter whether he understood her or not. She just needed someone who would listen silently and just give a nod and carefree chirp when she was done.

She checks on her scars from the Krookodile. Not well, but better. She showers off the sweat and changes, unintentionally choosing some darker clothes today.

"You have any plans for today besides finding out why I'm so Muked up?"

hustlertwo
2013-02-02, 04:07 PM
Paul wakes relatively early, standing over the sleeping Mikey almost ready to pet his non-fur, but stopping short. Still awkward. Instead he fires off a message to the others.

Shall we meet up to show off new acquisitions and whatnot? I'll probably be trolling the Psychic-side park, looking to have a light training battle. Couple low-level mons to bump up and such. Romeo, definitely make sure you stop by. Trust me.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 05:12 PM
Romeo reads his text. 'Well, Paul has something he wants to show me. I was also going to work on Rock and Elly's transformations. If I have any time after that, it'll be working or breaking in Lamia.'

So much to do, so little time. 'What about you? Can you look after John till I drop off the blood works?'

Esprit15
2013-02-02, 05:30 PM
She sighs. "Sure."

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 06:05 PM
Romeo puts his hand on her shoulder and gives her his cheesiest grin and a huge thumbs up. 'I'll be back as soon as possible, I promise. I'll just drop off this blood then see Paul. Then I'll meet up with you guys. Is there anything you need while I'm out? Where do you want to meet up, here or elsewhere?'

Esprit15
2013-02-02, 06:15 PM
"Here. As much as I don't want to, I need to rest. I'll put on a show for John and help Prolios with his telekinesis or something." She lets out the Ralts, who naturally heads straight for the fridge before being lifted off the ground. You want to eat? You'll have to work for it.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-02-02, 06:29 PM
Ethan heads to bed after Gerald left, saying good night to everyone but X71, since he was already asleep.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 08:20 PM
Romeo once again makes sure Artemis was okay, then heads off to the Silph building. He only takes Puck with him, since the rest could use a longer sleep and Elly was looking after Rock. Once there he asks to talk to any medical doctors or have access to any medical lab where he could get some blood-work done.

Esprit15
2013-02-02, 09:29 PM
With Romeo gone, Artemis pulls Prolios in front of her. You're close to evolving, and I personally can't wait for you to be able to hold your own in a fight. This means improving how well you take hits, and how well you can dish them out. I have to rest unfortunately, but I still know a few ways to train you without getting into a direct fight. She shifts over to the kitchen, the Ralts still held in the air.

Now let's start small: refining your telekinetic abilities and creativity, both of which are important for a Psychic. Build a structure in the center of the room that starts from the floor and reaches at least three quarters the height of the room.

You may not break anything; you may use anything so long as it does not break.

Since I'm kinda broke, you may not use anything electronic in this structure.

There must be an order to the structure.

Anything else is fair game.

Meanwhile, she goes to start making food. Nothing fancy, but it would suffice for her and the Ralts. She puts a bowl out for the Pikachu siblings and a few strips of meat for the two birds. She cooks some eggs and toast for herself and makes a small treat for the Ralts.

Prolios, faced with the reward of food, was a lot more motivated. What was there around here... A couch, a table, some chairs, a lamp (no, the bitch won't let you use electronics)... some bowls, a bed (but that's stuck in the other room), some side tables...what does she even want! The Ralts pulls together some supplies that he can find, and anything he can lift (75lbs).

By the time Artemis has finished eating and has made Prolios his treat (hidden in the fridge), the Ralts is fairly stumped. So far he has a couch leaned against a wall with two side tables (and the main table) sitting around it, and Arte's armor (Be careful with that.) in a pile...OH! That could work! Artemis watches the Ralts, interested, actually in what he came up with.

By the time John is awake, he comes in on an unusual sight: In the center of the apartment sits the couch overturned with a chair supporting it. On that are two side tables stacked on top of each other, foot to foot, with a couch cushion on top. On that is one of the chairs, with Artemis's suit of armor sitting in it, animated to have a pensive looking posture (like The Thinker).

First bit of some ad hoc RP training of Prolios, since I'm stuck resting

Arcran
2013-02-06, 01:53 AM
'Argh!' Romeo would have probably jumped away from Arte in shock,if she hadn't clamped down onto his arm. Once she calms down, he gives her a hug. 'Shh shh shh, I'm right here.'

Once she is settled, he'd check and see if anyone woke up from that. He also takes a couple needles from his med-kit and draws some of his own blood.

'Arte, come here. I'll take a sample. I can ask to have it analysed by either the hspital or Silph labs and see if I can find anything about a cure for this.'

You manage to take a sample of Arte's blood without killing her.

Paul wakes relatively early, standing over the sleeping Mikey almost ready to pet his non-fur, but stopping short. Still awkward. Instead he fires off a message to the others.

Shall we meet up to show off new acquisitions and whatnot? I'll probably be trolling the Psychic-side park, looking to have a light training battle. Couple low-level mons to bump up and such. Romeo, definitely make sure you stop by. Trust me.

Mikey continues to slumber on, oblivious to your presence.

Ethan heads to bed after Gerald left, saying good night to everyone but X71, since he was already asleep.

You sleep without incident.

Romeo once again makes sure Artemis was okay, then heads off to the Silph building. He only takes Puck with him, since the rest could use a longer sleep and Elly was looking after Rock. Once there he asks to talk to any medical doctors or have access to any medical lab where he could get some blood-work done.

After entering the hideout, an aide comes to help you, leading you to a lab where you can run some tests on the blood. Seems that they're much more helpful now that you're a full member.

With Romeo gone, Artemis pulls Prolios in front of her. You're close to evolving, and I personally can't wait for you to be able to hold your own in a fight. This means improving how well you take hits, and how well you can dish them out. I have to rest unfortunately, but I still know a few ways to train you without getting into a direct fight. She shifts over to the kitchen, the Ralts still held in the air.

Now let's start small: refining your telekinetic abilities and creativity, both of which are important for a Psychic. Build a structure in the center of the room that starts from the floor and reaches at least three quarters the height of the room.

You may not break anything; you may use anything so long as it does not break.

Since I'm kinda broke, you may not use anything electronic in this structure.

There must be an order to the structure.

Anything else is fair game.

Meanwhile, she goes to start making food. Nothing fancy, but it would suffice for her and the Ralts. She puts a bowl out for the Pikachu siblings and a few strips of meat for the two birds. She cooks some eggs and toast for herself and makes a small treat for the Ralts.

Prolios, faced with the reward of food, was a lot more motivated. What was there around here... A couch, a table, some chairs, a lamp (no, the bitch won't let you use electronics)... some bowls, a bed (but that's stuck in the other room), some side tables...what does she even want! The Ralts pulls together some supplies that he can find, and anything he can lift (75lbs).

By the time Artemis has finished eating and has made Prolios his treat (hidden in the fridge), the Ralts is fairly stumped. So far he has a couch leaned against a wall with two side tables (and the main table) sitting around it, and Arte's armor (Be careful with that.) in a pile...OH! That could work! Artemis watches the Ralts, interested, actually in what he came up with.

By the time John is awake, he comes in on an unusual sight: In the center of the apartment sits the couch overturned with a chair supporting it. On that are two side tables stacked on top of each other, foot to foot, with a couch cushion on top. On that is one of the chairs, with Artemis's suit of armor sitting in it, animated to have a pensive looking posture (like The Thinker).

First bit of some ad hoc RP training of Prolios, since I'm stuck resting

I'm stealing this.

Prolios looks at you, actually lifting up his helmet-growth to stare at you.

Are you serious? Art? How the hell is that going to keep me from dying?

"Is there anything special I need to know about setting up a box location? I recently got an address I think will be in constant use, so I'd like to set it up as my first box".

I don't know what you are talking about sir. This is the standard League Pokemon Box. I am not aware of any other such constructions.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-02-06, 02:05 AM
Ethan gets up, stretching. Ollie had worked his way underneath Ethan's arm while he slept. Sometimes he forgot how affectionate the little guy was. At Ethan's stirring, Ollie snaps awake, trumpeting lightly waking the other mon in the room. Good morning Ollie. Hope you slept well. The little elephant puts his trunk against Ethan's face and sucks lightly, smiling and wagging his tiny tail. Good.

Ethan checks his messages, seeing the one from Paul. Hm. Well then, Mr. Ticker wants to show off. I shouldn't be surprised. Alright, lets get going. Ethan returns Mjolnir and Thor, letting Ollie stay out. He leans over and gently taps X71's shoulder. X71? Wake up.

Esprit15
2013-02-06, 02:08 AM
Who is the one who is far more adept at telekinesis than you? This is warm up. Jogging around a track won't make you a pro runner on its own, but it warms up your muscles for the actual practice. For us, the brain is like a muscle. Now quit b****ing and do it. A book leaps at him while the Ralts is forced to stay in one spot. Or we can jump straight into deflecting.
TK Arms
AC: [roll0] 6
Damage: [roll1]
As the book sails over his head, she sighs. There's also the fact that I am too weak to properly spar with you right now. Damned Krookodile...

Eshkigal
2013-02-06, 02:13 AM
Gerald rubs his eyes a bit, feeling weary suddenly. Maybe the doctor was right and his body needed more rest after that. Meanwhile, Squint uncoils from his arm a bit and begins licking a piece of paper curiously.
"Sorry, my brain's not entirely in it at the moment. There was this big, reptilian mon, and I remember a tail headed right at my head, and...well, I already got looked at for that. Thank you for sending the zigzagoon in. I would now like to set up my own personal box at a location of my choosing as I have enough mon to warrant it, and a permanent address to return to rather than moving around constantly. However, my memory's a bit foggy at the moment, and I can't seem to remember if there was anything special that had to be done first or if you just go to a PC and can set one up easily from there."
He looks back up at the nurse, signs of fatigue showing.

hustlertwo
2013-02-06, 04:49 PM
Gingerly, Paul prods his ghostly pal.

C'mon Mikey. Today you get to show the world that you can't keep a good Raticate down.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-06, 05:02 PM
Romeo puts the sample in a blood analyser, then goes to a computer, looking for any info on 'Nightmare Smoke'. Chemical signature, symptoms, antidotes, methods of production, that kind of stuff. He runs Arte's test first before his own since she seemed to have been more affected by it.

Arcran
2013-02-09, 02:19 PM
Ethan gets up, stretching. Ollie had worked his way underneath Ethan's arm while he slept. Sometimes he forgot how affectionate the little guy was. At Ethan's stirring, Ollie snaps awake, trumpeting lightly waking the other mon in the room. Good morning Ollie. Hope you slept well. The little elephant puts his trunk against Ethan's face and sucks lightly, smiling and wagging his tiny tail. Good.

Ethan checks his messages, seeing the one from Paul. Hm. Well then, Mr. Ticker wants to show off. I shouldn't be surprised. Alright, lets get going. Ethan returns Mjolnir and Thor, letting Ollie stay out. He leans over and gently taps X71's shoulder. X71? Wake up.

The Eglyem's eyes fly open, glowing a bright blue. A powerful wave of energy hits you, launching you a few feet backwards.

I- I'm sorry, the Elgyem says apologetically. Usually being woken up is a bad thing.

Who is the one who is far more adept at telekinesis than you? This is warm up. Jogging around a track won't make you a pro runner on its own, but it warms up your muscles for the actual practice. For us, the brain is like a muscle. Now quit b****ing and do it. A book leaps at him while the Ralts is forced to stay in one spot. Or we can jump straight into deflecting.
TK Arms
AC: [roll0] 6
As the book sails over his head, she sighs. There's also the fact that I am too weak to properly spar with you right now. Damned Krookodile...

Prolios falls over laughing after you miss.

Yeah, I'm not doing ANY work today. Nice try though.

Gerald rubs his eyes a bit, feeling weary suddenly. Maybe the doctor was right and his body needed more rest after that. Meanwhile, Squint uncoils from his arm a bit and begins licking a piece of paper curiously.
"Sorry, my brain's not entirely in it at the moment. There was this big, reptilian mon, and I remember a tail headed right at my head, and...well, I already got looked at for that. Thank you for sending the zigzagoon in. I would now like to set up my own personal box at a location of my choosing as I have enough mon to warrant it, and a permanent address to return to rather than moving around constantly. However, my memory's a bit foggy at the moment, and I can't seem to remember if there was anything special that had to be done first or if you just go to a PC and can set one up easily from there."
He looks back up at the nurse, signs of fatigue showing.

We don't offer that service sir. Our PC system is only accessible through licensed areas such as Pokemon Centers.

Gingerly, Paul prods his ghostly pal.

C'mon Mikey. Today you get to show the world that you can't keep a good Raticate down.

The Raticate gives a ghostly grin.

I would enjoy that.

Romeo puts the sample in a blood analyser, then goes to a computer, looking for any info on 'Nightmare Smoke'. Chemical signature, symptoms, antidotes, methods of production, that kind of stuff. He runs Arte's test first before his own since she seemed to have been more affected by it.

You look through the information gathered b the tests. It takes a little while, but eventually data is returned. No traces of Nightmare Smoke.

Esprit15
2013-02-09, 02:25 PM
Not that I can't try. Artemis gives him a good telekinetic smack in the head.
Extrasensory
Special, Psychic
AC: [roll0] 2, Flinch on 19-20

The Ralts takes 26 damage and Arte loses 10 HP
Now listen to me, or I wake up Aquilla and you just get kicked around by him.

Eshkigal
2013-02-09, 02:37 PM
"Ah. Well, thanks for letting me know that."
Muk. Ah, well. Just figure it out tomorrow. Gerald heads back to the room, makes sure everyone not likely to try mauling him is fed and out (this includes Mars), and curls up under his desk. Squint, Sparky, and Echo join him, finding spots to lay down on his back.
"Get comfy, Mars. Tomorrow is a busy day for us."
And with that, he lets fatigue take him, slowly drifting off to sleep in his first true home.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-09, 02:41 PM
On nothing more than a crazy hunch, Romeo looks up uses of Dream Smoke, especially any possible uses as a poison or as a drug, recreational or medicinal.

hustlertwo
2013-02-09, 03:17 PM
Paul puts Mikey back in his ball, waiting for the others before he'll unleash his surprise. In the meantime he watches to see if any fights are going on, and scans the participants.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-02-11, 10:34 PM
Ethan gets up slowly, readjusting his glasses. He packed a wallop. Quite alright. I should have expected as much. Defense response against predators. If you feel rested, a coworker of mine wishes to 'show off' his new addition. I doubt he has anything on you however.

Arcran
2013-02-18, 09:35 PM
Not that I can't try. Artemis gives him a good telekinetic smack in the head.
Extrasensory
Special, Psychic
AC: [roll0] 2, Flinch on 19-20

The Ralts takes 26 damage and Arte loses 10 HP
Now listen to me, or I wake up Aquilla and you just get kicked around by him.

The Ralts is thrown across the room, slamming into a wall. He gets up, glaring at you angrily.

So you want to play that game? he asks, waiving a hand at you. A ball of force connects with you, doing a fair amount of damage.

35 after your DR.

I, unlike you, don't hurt myself whenever I attack! he says, obviously enraged.

"Ah. Well, thanks for letting me know that."
Muk. Ah, well. Just figure it out tomorrow. Gerald heads back to the room, makes sure everyone not likely to try mauling him is fed and out (this includes Mars), and curls up under his desk. Squint, Sparky, and Echo join him, finding spots to lay down on his back.
"Get comfy, Mars. Tomorrow is a busy day for us."
And with that, he lets fatigue take him, slowly drifting off to sleep in his first true home.

You drift into sleep easily. Far easier than you have in a long time. It's nice to have your own bed.

You awake later in a thick fog. There is a light in a circle about ten feet across, illuminating the area. Everything else is a swirling fog. You think you see the faces of Pokemon in it, but you can't quite tell.

Even more peculiar, there is a large armchair of the cozy variety. A man in a dapper suit sits in it, lounging, a large cigar in his hand. His eyes are pitch black, as if the entire eye is his iris.

On nothing more than a crazy hunch, Romeo looks up uses of Dream Smoke, especially any possible uses as a poison or as a drug, recreational or medicinal.

Dream Smoke isn't particularly useful as a drug; it is used to modify the brainwaves of dreams to make them easier to read on machines, but that's it. There doesn't seem to be any use as a drug.

Paul puts Mikey back in his ball, waiting for the others before he'll unleash his surprise. In the meantime he watches to see if any fights are going on, and scans the participants.

Unfortunately, most of the contestants seem to be of the same sort.

You lounge about for a bit, watching some mediocre battlers fight.

Eventually you feel somebody reading your mind. They aren't trying to be covert; they're actually letting you tell. When you turn, you see the same Psychic from the Gym. Samara, was it?

She walks up to you, eyes red from something. She strides up, inches away, and looks you in the eye.

"Rematch. Now."

Ethan gets up slowly, readjusting his glasses. He packed a wallop. Quite alright. I should have expected as much. Defense response against predators. If you feel rested, a coworker of mine wishes to 'show off' his new addition. I doubt he has anything on you however.

Understand. Excited. Meeting others like me is a rare occurrence.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-02-18, 09:40 PM
I'm not quite sure Paul's gift is exactly like you. Unique to human knowledge, but I have doubts its one of your brethren I'm afraid. Well lets head out. Ethan returns Thor and Mjolnir, letting Ollie and X71 walk/float alongside him. He jogs on his way to meet Paul, the two mon keeping pace.

I almost forgot about my Workout features.

Esprit15
2013-02-18, 09:48 PM
Shame I have to restrain myself so I don't kill you. A shock might stop your little heart. A blade of air might decapitate you. He is shoved against a wall again. But this is more than sufficient.
Extrasensory
Special, Psychic
AC: [roll0] AC: 2, attempting non-lethal

Artemis is put to 85 HP

Prolios falls to -7

hustlertwo
2013-02-18, 09:50 PM
Paul shrugs. How many? And you sure you want to do this without your home-field advantage? No teleporter tiles out here.

Eshkigal
2013-02-18, 10:01 PM
Gerald freezes. While it looks comfortable, this likely wasn't going to end well.
"...Hi. So...what would you like to talk about?"
He shrugs hopelessly, just completely out of his depths here.

Arcran
2013-02-19, 09:05 PM
I'm not quite sure Paul's gift is exactly like you. Unique to human knowledge, but I have doubts its one of your brethren I'm afraid. Well lets head out. Ethan returns Thor and Mjolnir, letting Ollie and X71 walk/float alongside him. He jogs on his way to meet Paul, the two mon keeping pace.

I almost forgot about my Workout features.

Tired. Why do you humans run such as this? Is this a mating ritual? he says as you pass two girls who laugh at your awkward running.

Soon enough you see Paul, a strange looking girl right next to him, seeming very angry.

Shame I have to restrain myself so I don't kill you. A shock might stop your little heart. A blade of air might decapitate you. He is shoved against a wall again. But this is more than sufficient.
Extrasensory
Special, Psychic
AC: [roll0] AC: 2, attempting non-lethal

Artemis is put to 85 HP

Prolios falls to -7

Prolios takes the attack, absorbing it into a ball. It shines brightly, then forms a bubble around the Pokemon. It rises into the air, then falls to the ground. The once short, awkward Pokemon over a foot taller. Long, slender legs and arms catch it when it falls. It's helmet-like head has changed, allowing it to see far easier.

I can do this all day, Prolios says, sending another attack your way. The ball of energy arcs through the air, connecting right into your chest.

34 Psychic damage after DR.

Paul shrugs. How many? And you sure you want to do this without your home-field advantage? No teleporter tiles out here.

"Oh shut up. I can take you. You just got lucky. If that rat hadn't evolved when it had I would have destroyed you."

Gerald freezes. While it looks comfortable, this likely wasn't going to end well.
"...Hi. So...what would you like to talk about?"
He shrugs hopelessly, just completely out of his depths here.

Please, take a seat, the man says in a hypnotic voice, a chair forming out of the mist behind you.

I've been watching you Mr. Slate. Few decline my gift so rudely. Few decline it in the first place. So tell me. What is it that you want? Revenge? Power? Fame? he says, an image accompanying each. An image of Anni in chains. Gerald flying above an army in a massive tank. Orphanages across the region. "Slate Orphanage."

What makes you tick, Mr. Slate?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-02-19, 09:17 PM
Yes. And no. Human mating is complex. There is no tried and true formula. For some females, physical fitness in its many different forms is the primary mate selection. For others, intelligence or skill. It is truly a case by case issue that humans struggle with finding the proper mate.

As to why I do it, it is simply to keep my body healthy. I am aware that working in a laboratory is not conducive to a healthy lifestyle and make a point of exercising, at the very least aerobic workout, on a somewhat regular basis. And it seems my coworker has gotten himself into trouble whilst seeking a mate. Looks like we should rescue him. Paul! How are you sir? Ethan waves to the bulbous man wearing a fake smile.

Eshkigal
2013-02-19, 09:45 PM
"Ah. Then I guess I should, Darkrai...do I put Mr. before that, or is it like a first name?"
He sits, and considers the question.
"Well, frankly, thanks to that one-he points to the picture of Anni here-I don't know. What I do know is that those options...they bore me. They don't feel right. Power? Power is something that can be attained on my own, with or without you. Revenge has come and gone already, and while I will do my best to make his death tormented by you, it would basically be a slap in your face as well, probably. And fame...bleh."
He waves his only hand.
"I can tell you with complete certainty that fame does not appeal to me in the slightest. I will do this, but I will make sure they do not know me. No, people like me are better left forgotten."
He shakes his head.
"As for why I turned you down so rudely, your last chosen took what I had left in your name. Then he pops up in my head, while all I see is the negative of you, and tells me to do stuff. While I thank you for the clearest, happiest thoughts I've had in memory, I hate how it happened with a passion. Though...I owe you for Mars, as well, I suppose. It will be good for me to have him around."
He pauses again.
"Well, so long as he has a choice in it. If I keep him from a rest he would prefer, it would not be fair to him."

Esprit15
2013-02-19, 09:50 PM
Artemis grunts as the attack hits her firmly. She nods and lets out a whistle. "Really now? Demonstrate." She flings a large bolt of electricity at the lazy Ralts's new form.
T-Bolt
Special, Electric
AC: [roll0] 2, Paralyze on 19-20
Aquilla flies in at this point, hearing his trainer's signal.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-19, 10:22 PM
Romeo still had no idea what Nightmare Smoke was. Time to do a little digging. He hunches over his computer and starts digging for any info on Nightmare Smoke. Effects, production, symptoms, chemical composition, side effects. If it affected Artemis, why no trace in her blood? And how did Romeo get infected? Was he dosed, or was it via bodily contact. If it was out her system, why was she still suffering it's effects. Romeo gets to work on researching what the hell Nightmare Smoke actually was.

hustlertwo
2013-02-19, 10:27 PM
Paul waves absentmindedly. In trouble apparently, Poindexter. Samara here is the one I beat for the badge, and she's looking for revenge. But you didn't answer my question, dear; how many mon we using?

Arcran
2013-02-19, 11:33 PM
Yes. And no. Human mating is complex. There is no tried and true formula. For some females, physical fitness in its many different forms is the primary mate selection. For others, intelligence or skill. It is truly a case by case issue that humans struggle with finding the proper mate.

As to why I do it, it is simply to keep my body healthy. I am aware that working in a laboratory is not conducive to a healthy lifestyle and make a point of exercising, at the very least aerobic workout, on a somewhat regular basis. And it seems my coworker has gotten himself into trouble whilst seeking a mate. Looks like we should rescue him. Paul! How are you sir? Ethan waves to the bulbous man wearing a fake smile.

Interesting. Our mating is solely for the betterment of our species. Prospective mates are ranked and paired accordingly.

"Ah. Then I guess I should, Darkrai...do I put Mr. before that, or is it like a first name?"
He sits, and considers the question.
"Well, frankly, thanks to that one-he points to the picture of Anni here-I don't know. What I do know is that those options...they bore me. They don't feel right. Power? Power is something that can be attained on my own, with or without you. Revenge has come and gone already, and while I will do my best to make his death tormented by you, it would basically be a slap in your face as well, probably. And fame...bleh."
He waves his only hand.
"I can tell you with complete certainty that fame does not appeal to me in the slightest. I will do this, but I will make sure they do not know me. No, people like me are better left forgotten."
He shakes his head.
"As for why I turned you down so rudely, your last chosen took what I had left in your name. Then he pops up in my head, while all I see is the negative of you, and tells me to do stuff. While I thank you for the clearest, happiest thoughts I've had in memory, I hate how it happened with a passion. Though...I owe you for Mars, as well, I suppose. It will be good for me to have him around."
He pauses again.
"Well, so long as he has a choice in it. If I keep him from a rest he would prefer, it would not be fair to him."

Please, call me whatever makes you feel most comfortable, he says, a strange smile on his face.

You are a strange one. Few turn down power, or find themselves capable enough to attain it on their own. It's not arrogance, simply confidence. I like that. Revenge is a petty goal; you are well to be above it.

Ah, yes, Akinektos. I will have you know I take no responsibility for the actions of those I choose to bless. It is in the contract, he says with a grin, a piece of parchment appearing in his hands. He chose to utilize his powers in a more.. dynamic fashion than most. Really a shame. He showed a lot of promise until he went crazy.

I'm glad you enjoy Mars. I assure you it was by his own wish that he returned. I spelled out the terms and he happily agreed.

So tell me, Mr. Slate, what brings you here?

Artemis grunts as the attack hits her firmly. She nods and lets out a whistle. "Really now? Demonstrate." She flings a large bolt of electricity at the lazy Ralts's new form.
T-Bolt
Special, Electric
AC: [roll0] 2, Paralyze on 19-20
Aquilla flies in at this point, hearing his trainer's signal.

Before the electricity connects the Kirlia is gone. You look out the window, and there Prolios is, perched on the railing.

Later, he says, before he jumps.

Romeo still had no idea what Nightmare Smoke was. Time to do a little digging. He hunches over his computer and starts digging for any info on Nightmare Smoke. Effects, production, symptoms, chemical composition, side effects. If it affected Artemis, why no trace in her blood? And how did Romeo get infected? Was he dosed, or was it via bodily contact. If it was out her system, why was she still suffering it's effects. Romeo gets to work on researching what the hell Nightmare Smoke actually was.

Nightmare Smoke was developed to be a neural stimulant. It used Dream Smoke as a base as it already had capabilities in that regard. Production is now illegal, due to the fact that the entire experiment failed miserably. It should have dissipated from her system at this point if it truly was, unless it was regularly dosed. It only lasts a few hours. In addition, it's not contagious. You shouldn't be suffering from it. It only creates long term damage in extenuating circumstances.

Paul waves absentmindedly. In trouble apparently, Poindexter. Samara here is the one I beat for the badge, and she's looking for revenge. But you didn't answer my question, dear; how many mon we using?

"Until you lose," she says simply.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-02-19, 11:43 PM
If only it where that easy X71. Excuse me. Miss? I can see your annoyed with my colleague here over his victory the day previous. Why? Do you feel he cheated?

Esprit15
2013-02-19, 11:58 PM
Don't give him the satisfaction. He thinks he won. Have fun out there! Don't hurt yourself on the way down! She lets out a breath. Whoo, that took a lot out of her. She goes to the fridge and takes out one of the Fresh Waters that was in there, healing herself up somewhat. "Aquilla, come on. Vigent, you too. Elly, keep the others under control, please." She recalls the Bayleef while Aquilla follows. She heads down, sending a text to Romeo, Ethan and Gerald, slamming the door on the way out (after all, he can't see her now). -Prolios evolved, then bolted (Teleport). If you aren't busy, need some help getting the little Muker back before he gets himself into trouble.- She heads in the direction her window was facing. Where would he even go? Aquilla, fly up and find Prolios, circle around where he is, but out of range of any attacks.

Eshkigal
2013-02-20, 12:04 AM
"While I've been told that, apparently I'm just a spiteful person. The grudge is still there, and it's still strong, so please put that away for now. As for why I'm here...well, I'm curious about what exactly is going on. I wanted to make a bet with you over the knife before, though with what understanding I have from Mars and you corroborate, it would have been a foolish errand that would be needlessly complicated for little to no reward, for all that would have likely happened. So for now, let's just ignore that business and make some small talk. Like what does it mean to be a Chosen? Is there only one at a time for each of you, and if so, what happened to one of your sister's Chosen, Jaquelyn?"

hustlertwo
2013-02-20, 05:01 PM
Alright then. Since this is a grudge match, no money. Although loser needs to pay for the winner's healing. Sound good?

Paul ponders releasing Mikey, but decides to grab BB's ball instead to open, unwilling to tip his hand too soon.

Arcran
2013-02-20, 06:28 PM
Don't give him the satisfaction. He thinks he won. Have fun out there! Don't hurt yourself on the way down! She lets out a breath. Whoo, that took a lot out of her. She goes to the fridge and takes out one of the Fresh Waters that was in there, healing herself up somewhat. "Aquilla, come on. Vigent, you too. Elly, keep the others under control, please." She recalls the Bayleef while Aquilla follows. She heads down, sending a text to Romeo, Ethan and Gerald, slamming the door on the way out (after all, he can't see her now). -Prolios evolved, then bolted (Teleport). If you aren't busy, need some help getting the little Muker back before he gets himself into trouble.- She heads in the direction her window was facing. Where would he even go? Aquilla, fly up and find Prolios, circle around where he is, but out of range of any attacks.

You see the Pokemon gliding down, falling far too slow. Your birds fly out the window, circling the massive tower.

You used a Fresh Water off your sheet, correct?

If only it where that easy X71. Excuse me. Miss? I can see your annoyed with my colleague here over his victory the day previous. Why? Do you feel he cheated?

"This is none of your concern!" she shouts.

"While I've been told that, apparently I'm just a spiteful person. The grudge is still there, and it's still strong, so please put that away for now. As for why I'm here...well, I'm curious about what exactly is going on. I wanted to make a bet with you over the knife before, though with what understanding I have from Mars and you corroborate, it would have been a foolish errand that would be needlessly complicated for little to no reward, for all that would have likely happened. So for now, let's just ignore that business and make some small talk. Like what does it mean to be a Chosen? Is there only one at a time for each of you, and if so, what happened to one of your sister's Chosen, Jaquelyn?"

His eyes flash red at the mention of her name.

Do not mention her. That bitch killed four of my Chosen.

Being a Chosen entails little. I only choose that that I think will shape the world. I'm not a mover, a shaker. I'm a silent observer. I give special individuals that could change the world the means to do it. Giving me a good show is all that I ask, he says, pausing to take a breath of his cigar.

Just be careful. There are a whole host or requirements for those that follow my course. Just ensure that you don't fail to entertain.

Alright then. Since this is a grudge match, no money. Although loser needs to pay for the winner's healing. Sound good?

Paul ponders releasing Mikey, but decides to grab BB's ball instead to open, unwilling to tip his hand too soon.

"Raticate? I have just the thing for that!" she shouts, releasing her Meditite. "Release your Pokemon and go!"

BB is faster.

Esprit15
2013-02-20, 06:53 PM
Yes, I did.
-Nevermind, he's still outside the apartment. Romeo, mind returning some time soon? Him and I got into a fairly physical disagreement (nothing significant on either side).-

Prolios, this goes one of two ways: Either myself or Aquilla knock you out of the air, or you calm down, we give it a rest today, and we work things out tomorrow when we are both calmer. It's your choice. She was both excited and nervous about him evolving. On one hand, she was able to push him to the point of evolving. That spoke both to her power and his own. On the other hand, it was his frustration with her that caused it. Have to work out those issues between them. He wasn't going to respond to simple assertion of authority. Hm, maybe Romeo would have some ideas. Heck, Elly might even.

Eshkigal
2013-02-20, 07:06 PM
He stares forward as Darkrai rages.
"And while personal revenge isn't on the top of my things that need doing, I owe Mars and probably Alistar for previous events, so I feel it'd help to know if-
And then the second part sinks in, where it sounds like Darkrai's decided for him.
"Wait, what? When did I agree to anything? All I asked was if you and your sister are stuck at one Chosen at a time or if there are others, since I'm going to be working with Cresselia's chosen a lot. Erm, the new one that's a breeder, Romeo. What requirements?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-20, 08:29 PM
Romeo checks if there is any known cure. If not, he'll check how likely it is to cause permanent damage. Maybe he could flush Artemis's immune system, get it all out. They'd probably need to check into a hospital while it happened, but he wanted her feeling better. Seeing her like that .....

All Romeo wanted to do was take away Artemis's pain. She didn't deserve that. He wasn't going to let her suffer that fate. No! He was going to save her from her own nightmares.

-I'll be right there Arte, just need to check one last thing first. Don't strain yourself, you're still healing up.-

MesiDoomstalker
2013-02-20, 10:13 PM
Ethan grins slightly. Watch X71. This is what happens when the delicate human social power structure is disturbed in the slightest. Ethan leans back, flicking on his passive scan mode with an eye twitch.

Arcran
2013-02-21, 09:37 PM
Yes, I did.
-Nevermind, he's still outside the apartment. Romeo, mind returning some time soon? Him and I got into a fairly physical disagreement (nothing significant on either side).-

Prolios, this goes one of two ways: Either myself or Aquilla knock you out of the air, or you calm down, we give it a rest today, and we work things out tomorrow when we are both calmer. It's your choice. She was both excited and nervous about him evolving. On one hand, she was able to push him to the point of evolving. That spoke both to her power and his own. On the other hand, it was his frustration with her that caused it. Have to work out those issues between them. He wasn't going to respond to simple assertion of authority. Hm, maybe Romeo would have some ideas. Heck, Elly might even.

Prolios doesn't respond; he's either already out of range. The little guy must be moving. Or maybe he just doesn't want to talk to you.

He stares forward as Darkrai rages.
"And while personal revenge isn't on the top of my things that need doing, I owe Mars and probably Alistar for previous events, so I feel it'd help to know if-
And then the second part sinks in, where it sounds like Darkrai's decided for him.
"Wait, what? When did I agree to anything? All I asked was if you and your sister are stuck at one Chosen at a time or if there are others, since I'm going to be working with Cresselia's chosen a lot. Erm, the new one that's a breeder, Romeo. What requirements?"

You asked what becoming a Chosen entailed. I simply provided an answer, he says, a sly grin on his face.

Yes, we may only have one Chosen. Otherwise Father gets angry, he says. You can't tell if he's kidding.

I have a handful of rules. Cressalia keeps more, the old coot that she is. Rule number one: No mass civilian killings without justification. Makes it harder for my future Chosen. Number two: No suicide. Had a Chosen do that. That was boring. Rule number three: Use a seatbelt. Seriously. Four, no capes. Five, try to limit the number of Psychic Pokemon you have. That's my sister's turf. Lastly, ignore any of the above rules if you need to, he says with a slight grin.

Also, if you didn't like the knife, I can bring up a host of other weapons. I'm quite flexible in that regard. You may get it in your favorite color, so long as that color is black.

Romeo checks if there is any known cure. If not, he'll check how likely it is to cause permanent damage. Maybe he could flush Artemis's immune system, get it all out. They'd probably need to check into a hospital while it happened, but he wanted her feeling better. Seeing her like that .....

All Romeo wanted to do was take away Artemis's pain. She didn't deserve that. He wasn't going to let her suffer that fate. No! He was going to save her from her own nightmares.

-I'll be right there Arte, just need to check one last thing first. Don't strain yourself, you're still healing up.-

Since she has no Nightmare Smoke in her system, you doubt that a cure exists. That being said, for long term exposure there are a few experimental enzymes capable of breaking down buildup.

Ethan grins slightly. Watch X71. This is what happens when the delicate human social power structure is disturbed in the slightest. Ethan leans back, flicking on his passive scan mode with an eye twitch.

Apprehensively excited. I hope that nobody is permanently injured.

Esprit15
2013-02-21, 09:49 PM
Artemis stands, waiting for him to fall within capture range. When he is, she attempts to use his Pokéball on him.
Capture roll if he is reluctant: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-21, 10:26 PM
Romeo notes them down and then quickly hurries out the building. He makes a dash for the hotel, hurrying to Artemis's aid.

Eshkigal
2013-02-21, 11:57 PM
"Well, it wasn't an issue with the knife as much as being irritated, but if you have a selection-"
Gerald stops, considering the terms, the future, the reality of what may face him. And inwardly, he curses.
"...I've all but agreed to be your Chosen by now, haven't I."
He sighs, before asking in a deadpan voice.
"Got anything collapsible? It's probably getting worked into the mech arm. Also, is 'because I can' a valid reason to be your chosen, or do I actually have to figure out why this sounds so intriguing aside from Mars? Lastly, I'm just going to tell Romeo because it'll be faster that way. Not gonna have to kill him or anything, am I? Because I might just ignore that rule all the time."

Arcran
2013-02-22, 12:41 AM
Artemis stands, waiting for him to fall within capture range. When he is, she attempts to use his Pokéball on him.
Capture roll if he is reluctant: [roll0]

It takes you a few minutes to rush to the bottom of the stairs. By then he is already gone.

Romeo notes them down and then quickly hurries out the building. He makes a dash for the hotel, hurrying to Artemis's aid.

You see Artemis at the bottom of the hotel, looking up for something that apparently isn't there.

"Well, it wasn't an issue with the knife as much as being irritated, but if you have a selection-"
Gerald stops, considering the terms, the future, the reality of what may face him. And inwardly, he curses.
"...I've all but agreed to be your Chosen by now, haven't I."
He sighs, before asking in a deadpan voice.
"Got anything collapsible? It's probably getting worked into the mech arm. Also, is 'because I can' a valid reason to be your chosen, or do I actually have to figure out why this sounds so intriguing aside from Mars? Lastly, I'm just going to tell Romeo because it'll be faster that way. Not gonna have to kill him or anything, am I?"

Yes, yes you have. Darkrai says, smiling like the Cheshire Cat.

Why don't you take a look? he says, a weapons locker appearing.

Anything reasonable is in there.

And no, you won't have to. Believe or not, she is the sociopathic hunter of us two. I care more about one-upping her, and I usually do it. She tends to hunt my Chosen. Don't worry; you can handle that pretty boy.

Esprit15
2013-02-22, 12:57 AM
Muk. "Aquilla, fly up and find him. Circle when you do." The Rufflet takes the the air. Do I have a tracker...nope. ARCEUS MUKING JUDGE IT!

Eshkigal
2013-02-22, 08:32 AM
"Okay then. One last question: is the job always to death, or can you and Cresselia strip people of the title and the power?"
Let's see what we have. Entrenching shovel...longsword...great axe...a giant key? The muk? Clubs, crowbars, a claymore...
Then, one catches his eye. He reaches past daggers and knives before picking up what looks like a simple razor blade. He flicks it open, and looks as the slit throat razor's edge just seems to eat the light. Light, concealable, personal, can get through customs by tossing it in a suitcase, where it'd hardly get a second look.
"This looks promising."

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-22, 04:49 PM
'He got out? Wait here, I'll get Elly and see if we can track him"

Romeo runs up the stairs to the room, collapsing halfway up and moaning "I.... hate .... heights ...." and panting and staggering the rest of the way up.

When he manages to get in the room, he'll check on Elly and Rock, see what forms they were in, and wake them up.

Arcran
2013-02-22, 08:57 PM
Muk. "Aquilla, fly up and find him. Circle when you do." The Rufflet takes the the air. Do I have a tracker...nope. ARCEUS MUKING JUDGE IT!

The Rufflet flies up and begins to circle around the tower, looking down for anything that it might be able to find.

"Okay then. One last question: is the job always to death, or can you and Cresselia strip people of the title and the power?"
Let's see what we have. Entrenching shovel...longsword...great axe...a giant key? The muk? Clubs, crowbars, a claymore...
Then, one catches his eye. He reaches past daggers and knives before picking up what looks like a simple razor blade. He flicks it open, and looks as the slit throat razor's edge just seems to eat the light. Light, concealable, personal, can get through customs by tossing it in a suitcase, where it'd hardly get a second look.
"This looks promising."

We can, and we have. Those that fail to uphold out expectations are regularly. I've only had to strip a handful, but Cressalia has done it a few times.

Ah, the razor. A fun choice. Stealthy, sneaky, probably fits in that metalic monstrosity you call an arm. A wonderful choice.

'He got out? Wait here, I'll get Elly and see if we can track him"

Romeo runs up the stairs to the room, collapsing halfway up and moaning "I.... hate .... heights ...." and panting and staggering the rest of the way up.

When he manages to get in the room, he'll check on Elly and Rock, see what forms they were in, and wake them up.

The run is long. Why did Arte have to choose such a high floor anyways?

Elly is lying on the ground, Rock resting a head on her stomache. Both are in the same forms as last time.

Eshkigal
2013-02-22, 09:39 PM
"Okay then. Safe to assume the bitch wasn't one that went to death then, I take it?"
He glances up at Darkrai as he gives the razor a few experimental swishes in the "air", getting a feel for it.
"Now...I guess I sign, don't I."

Esprit15
2013-02-22, 10:08 PM
Artemis watches Aquilla circle out, waiting for Romeo. Is she wasn't so tired she'd have just flown him up to her room herself. Would take what, a minute at most to get up, a minute to get down ? Well, less if she made him panic by falling most of the way, but that would be mean.

Arcran
2013-02-23, 03:09 AM
"Okay then. Safe to assume the bitch wasn't one that went to death then, I take it?"
He glances up at Darkrai as he gives the razor a few experimental swishes in the "air", getting a feel for it.
"Now...I guess I sign, don't I."

No, she's not dead. While I'm not much for contract killing, I would reward you greatly for service in that regard.

As for signing, he says, a roll of paper appearing in his hand, just sign here.

I ______, do agree to go into the service of the Lord of Shadows, Darkrai. In return for power and or/goods from Darkrai, I pledge to be a vessel of political upheaval, social change, and whatever else will make the material plane more interesting as defined by Lord Darkrai. I will attempt to follow Lord Darkrai's tenets whenever possible, as detailed below.

1: No mass civilian killings without justification.
2: No suicide.
3: Use a seatbelt.
4: No capes.
5: Limit the number of Psychic Pokemon used.
6: Ignore any of the above rules if needed.

I understand the full risks of becoming a Chosen which may include, but is not limited to: incineration, incarceration, maiming, bleeding, sores, spontaneous combustion, heart attack, obesity, psychic assault, drowsiness, wooziness, stubbed toes, coma, unconsciousness, or even death. Lord Darkrai may not be help responsible in any manner for the occurrences. However, in the case of death, Lord Darkrai does cover funeral expenses.

Finally, should you be revoked of your Chosen status, all your powers shall be stripped from you. In addition, you will be forced to return whatever materials granted to you by Lord Darkrai.

If the above terms are agreeable, sign below.

X__________________________________

Eshkigal
2013-02-23, 08:55 AM
Gerald looks it over, more wary about political upheaval than anything else. At least rectal bleeding wasn't common enough to list...
"Long as this helps my friends, too, deal."
Gerald signs, using whatever was provided, even if that's just slicing his thumb a bit and using the blood from it.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-24, 04:06 PM
Espeon? Good, but Umbreon would have been better for dealing with a cranky Kirlia. But Jolteon is amazing for tracking due to it's speed.

Romeo stops to grab his breath as the 2 Eevee awaken. 'Guys, Pro has gone run-about. I need you two to track him down for me. Can you do that Rock? I know I've not had you long, but I really need your help. Please?' Elly will ask Rock the same thing, then inform Romeo if the new guy will be joining them.

Tracker rolls
Elly: [roll0]
Rock: [roll1]

Will track using Pro's empty ball, meaning I need 11+ for scent

hustlertwo
2013-02-24, 06:03 PM
BB scurries to G-5 and Focuses his Energy.

What's with the ambulatory toaster, Ethan? Never seen one like him before.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-02-24, 07:34 PM
Paul, I'd like to introduce X71, the most intelligent Elgyem I have ever encountered.

hustlertwo
2013-02-24, 07:59 PM
Howdy, X. I intended to introduce my own prize mon, but Sammy here has demanded satisfaction.

Arcran
2013-02-24, 08:57 PM
Gerald looks it over, more wary about political upheaval than anything else. At least rectal bleeding wasn't common enough to list...
"Long as this helps my friends, too, deal."
Gerald signs, using whatever was provided, even if that's just slicing his thumb a bit and using the blood from it.

A pen is provided, fortunately.

Good, good. Now, as a down payment on your services, he says, a small Pokemon that seems to have been acid-burned appearing in his hand. Take it.

Espeon? Good, but Umbreon would have been better for dealing with a cranky Kirlia. But Jolteon is amazing for tracking due to it's speed.

Romeo stops to grab his breath as the 2 Eevee awaken. 'Guys, Pro has gone run-about. I need you two to track him down for me. Can you do that Rock? I know I've not had you long, but I really need your help. Please?' Elly will ask Rock the same thing, then inform Romeo if the new guy will be joining them.

Tracker rolls
Elly: [roll0]
Rock: [roll1]

Will track using Pro's empty ball, meaning I need 11+ for scent

You blink and, realizing you must have been hallucinating, see that it is an Eevee, not Jolteon.

Neither is able to pick up a scent. It seems like Prolios took a level in Ninja.

BB scurries to G-5 and Focuses his Energy.

What's with the ambulatory toaster, Ethan? Never seen one like him before.

The Medite stays down, focusing his mind.

"I'm going to kill you this time!"

Howdy, X. I intended to introduce my own prize mon, but Sammy here has demanded satisfaction.

Greetings. I enjoy watching this human mating ritual.

Eshkigal
2013-02-24, 09:05 PM
"What happened to this one?"
He gently takes the mon, taking note of the burn locations and hoping to muking arceus it was tame.

hustlertwo
2013-02-24, 09:55 PM
Ha, don't we all. Ethan, you degenerate, have you two been watching Spanktrovision in that new apartment of yours?

BB sprints toward the psychic mon, ending up in F-12, where he then Bites down on his foe.

[roll0] [roll1]

I am curious, Samara: why did this seem to hit you so hard? I love a good grudge match as much as the next vengeful fellow, but my experience with gym battles is that the leader, or their proxy, tends not to get overly invested in the losses occasionally handed out by badge-seeking youths like myself.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-24, 10:03 PM
Romeo runs and pants his way back down to Artemis, the two Eevees at his tail, or more likely, them infront and him trailing pathetically behind.

'We ... can't .... track ..... him' he gasps out, leaning against the wall while he catches his breath.

'..... any .... sign of the little guy?'

Esprit15
2013-02-24, 10:39 PM
"Aquilla is out flying a circle, looking for him." She keeps her eyes on the little bird. She'd follow him if she wasn't so beat. "You got a Water on you or something?"

Arcran
2013-02-25, 09:47 PM
"What happened to this one?"
He gently takes the mon, taking note of the burn locations and hoping to muking arceus it was tame.

You might not remember it, but it will know you. Go on, open it.

Ha, don't we all. Ethan, you degenerate, have you two been watching Spanktrovision in that new apartment of yours?

BB sprints toward the psychic mon, ending up in F-12, where he then Bites down on his foe.

[roll0] [roll1]

I am curious, Samara: why did this seem to hit you so hard? I love a good grudge match as much as the next vengeful fellow, but my experience with gym battles is that the leader, or their proxy, tends not to get overly invested in the losses occasionally handed out by badge-seeking youths like myself.

"SHUT! UP!" she shouts, watching her Meditite take the hit. "Punch his face in!" she says, resorting to words for once.

The Meditite complies, slamming a fist into the Raticate, almost dropping it. Fortunately, your training keeps it standing, and the Raticate doesn't fall.

68 damage.

Eshkigal
2013-02-25, 09:53 PM
Shrugging, Gerald opens the ball in the dreamscape.

hustlertwo
2013-02-25, 10:04 PM
Before taking the hit, BB will aim to land a powerful Quick Attack on the slap-happy Meditite.

[roll0] [roll1]

hustlertwo
2013-02-25, 10:06 PM
Crit fun: [roll0]

Esprit15
2013-02-25, 10:12 PM
Artemis starts walking in the direction Aquilla flies, pulling Romeo along.

Arcran
2013-02-25, 10:39 PM
Shrugging, Gerald opens the ball in the dreamscape.

The trigger takes a few presses; seems the acid has damaged it badly. Finally, it opens. A large insect flies out, almost as pale as death. A swirling void is present on its back. It seems strangely familiar, but you can't place your finger on it.

Its wings buzz happily as it looks at you, then flies into you.

An old friend of yours, apparently lost to time. Until now.

Crit fun: [roll0]

The Meditite, somehow sensing the attack before it lands, manages to duck down, dodging the Quick Attack completely.

Afterwards, the Brick Break that never was is sent at poor Big Brown. The fist connects solidly, knocking Big Brown across the field.

92 damage.

Send out next Pokemon. Initiative resets.

"How about that!" Samara shouts gloatingly.

Artemis starts walking in the direction Aquilla flies, pulling Romeo along.

Perception for Aquilla. +3 from Keen Eye, +1/2 INT.

Eshkigal
2013-02-25, 10:47 PM
Gerald looks at the strange creature, and for some reason finds these wet things on his eyes. What were they called...tears? Wasn't that normally from pain or sadness though? But this feels...happier. He hugs the husklike mon close, as what may be the first tears of joy roll down his scarred face. Holding the bug and stroking a wing gently, he looks up.
"Th...thank you, Darkrai. Thank you for this. D...no. This is a new start for us, my friend. So let me name you now."
He looks down at the shedinja, buzzing in his hands so contentedly.
"Riposa. Your name is Riposa."

hustlertwo
2013-02-25, 11:32 PM
Paul laughs in spite of himself. Don't accidentally have fun now, Sammy.

He sends out Zoophy into G-5.

Arcran
2013-02-26, 10:08 PM
Gerald looks at the strange creature, and for some reason finds these wet things on his eyes. What were they called...tears? Wasn't that normally from pain or sadness though? But this feels...happier. He hugs the husklike mon close, as what may be the first tears of joy roll down his scarred face. Holding the bug and stroking a wing gently, he looks up.
"Th...thank you, Darkrai. Thank you for this. D...no. This is a new start for us, my friend. So let me name you now."
He looks down at the shedinja, buzzing in his hands so contentedly.
"Riposa. Your name is Riposa."

The Pokemon buzzes confusedly, looking at you in concern.

Do you have any last minute requests Gerald?

Paul laughs in spite of himself. Don't accidentally have fun now, Sammy.

He sends out Zoophy into G-5.

Tu eres mas rapido.

Artemis
Your Rufflet is unable to find anything, eventually flying down onto your shoulder, shaking his head sadly.

Esprit15
2013-02-26, 10:19 PM
Hm, now what... Oh, I know. Has anyone seen a Kirlia run past here?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-02-26, 10:20 PM
So Paul. How did you so thoroughly defeat her that she has become so riled? Did you do some dirty trick and beat her at her own game? Or did you win honestly, just to be smug about it?

hustlertwo
2013-02-26, 10:25 PM
Zoophy toddles over to J-5 and unleashes a Confusion strike.

[roll0] [roll1]

Honest and smug. Which is an improvement for me, it used to be dishonest and smug.

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 10:36 PM
He pats the shedinja gently.
"I'll explain in a bit. As for you, Darkrai, I think this is all I have ever wanted. Maybe some understanding of what is different with Mars, or to know Alistair on again...but no, that is too much to ask. You have given me more than enough."

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-27, 12:38 PM
Romeo and his Eevees run after Arte.

Arcran
2013-02-27, 01:31 PM
Hm, now what... Oh, I know. Has anyone seen a Kirlia run past here?

You get a lot of odd looks for just entering strangers minds, but one person does actually reply.

One just ran that way, you here, indicating towards the Fighting side of town.

Zoophy toddles over to J-5 and unleashes a Confusion strike.

[roll0] [roll1]

Honest and smug. Which is an improvement for me, it used to be dishonest and smug.

The attack drops the Meditite, causing Samara to growl angrily. She grabs another Pokeball, preparing to release them.....

Swap or no?

He pats the shedinja gently.
"I'll explain in a bit. As for you, Darkrai, I think this is all I have ever wanted. Maybe some understanding of what is different with Mars, or to know Alistair on again...but no, that is too much to ask. You have given me more than enough."

Explanation of Mars? I think I can accommodate that, he says, grinning smugly.

When I brought him back, I made some small.... improvements, if you will. He is no longer what you categorize as "Fighting"- he's technically a Ghost with solid form. He has many of the powers that come with that; phasing, invisibility, the whole shebang. He is faster, stronger, smarter, and overall better than any Lucario of his Power Level. Finally, I gave him a few move tricks. Fire, Ice, Electricity; he commands them all. He can even wreathe his fists in the Shadows. He is the ultimate fighting machine, and he is yours to command.

Romeo and his Eevees run after Arte.

You follow Arte.

Esprit15
2013-02-27, 01:40 PM
...merde. "Romeo, how are you with that fashion kit? We might need to head over to the other side of town again..."

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-27, 01:49 PM
Romeo's eyes light up? 'Make-over time?' He practically drags Artemis back to the flat, literally skipping up the stairs, no longer tired. Seems he still had energy for some stuff.

'Finally my excuse to get you in a dress. No arguments!' He gets Artemis in a green summer dress, with a dark brown wig tied back in a pony tail, and some nice comfy shoes. He also swaps out her glasses for ones with a thinner frame. 'There, you don't look out of place in either side of the city now. That'll let you walk back and forth between sides.'

Romeo offers the new Artemis his arm with a flourish. 'If I may be so bold as to accompany milady?' He was enjoying this far more than he should be, Arte didn't even need to read his mind to know that.

Esprit15
2013-02-27, 02:01 PM
Dresses. So weird feeling. Muking impossible to run in this thing... "Feel a bit wimpy looking still, but I don't look like a Psychic at least..." She takes another deep breath. Ouch, that little mon was tough... "Sure, let's go. You're asking the people where our little Kirlia got off to, though." Why do we have to go back there...

Eshkigal
2013-02-27, 02:25 PM
Gerald pauses for a few seconds as he classifies each likely ability, before grinning.
"Oh, this is going to be fun..."
Mars, a fighting machine? If only the options ended there, he'd be a fantastic mon! But with the rest, he will truly be formidable no matter the situation.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-27, 05:31 PM
While Romeo leads Artemis to the Fighting side, he scans Rock the strange Eevee and his ball, hoping to get some info.

hustlertwo
2013-02-27, 05:35 PM
Paul frowns. Given your current mood, best not to leave my fragile babygirl out. You might do something we'd both regret.

He returns Zoophy and sends out Willy in the same spot.

Arcran
2013-02-27, 08:18 PM
DOODOODOODOOOOOOOOOOO! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14793556#post14793556)