PDA

View Full Version : Thrall of Malchanthet

Morithias
2012-08-04, 10:52 PM
The thrall of malchanthet is a prestige class from Dragon Magazine 353. They are the servant of the succubus queen and seeing how one of the requirements is "murder someone who loves you" it obviously makes for a very nice Black Widow enchantress.

The requirements are a bit harsh, needs 9 bluff, diplomacy, and two performs at 5, as well as three feats (spell focus enchantment, persuasive, and thrall to demon), but overall as a 7/10 casting class it's okay.

Obviously as "sinner's beauty" we want to use a charisma based class such as sorceress.

My choices for race so far, is a vecna blooded unseelie fey spark changling. Sadly this changes our type to "fey" leaving the creatures we can use charming and dominating voice quite limited. (Still people within 5 feet of you take your charisma mod as a negative to their saves, which is brutal).

Any other ideas on how to make this build beautiful and deadly?

edit: I managed to find a copy online. However note that in Dragon magazine the capstone form adds +16 charisma, not +4.

http://nothlands.wikispaces.com/Thrall+of+Malcanthet

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-04, 11:18 PM
I saw the charisma, the perform, and the Dragon Magazine and immediately thought, Heartfire Fanner! 6 levels in sorceror with some heritage to pick up perform as a class skill, then a level in Thrall of Malchanthet followed by either 4 levels of Heartfire Fanner or more Thrall. You get the good metamagic boost from Fanner, plus you basically become a full bard, and you can take all of Thrall with lots of overlapping investment.

Urpriest
2012-08-05, 12:48 PM
Where is spark from?

Morithias
2012-08-05, 01:22 PM
Where is spark from?

Dragon Magazine 306 I believe. +2 cha, -2 wis, and a bunch of spell like powers that are extremely useful (like undetectable alignment)

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-05, 03:14 PM
Where is spark from?

It's Magic Blooded.

Urpriest
2012-08-05, 03:20 PM
It's Magic Blooded.

Ohh ok. Was wondering why I hadn't heard of it before.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-05, 03:29 PM
Ohh ok. Was wondering why I hadn't heard of it before.

Yeah, duel naming. Most of the templates in that issue actually have two names.

Morithias
2012-08-05, 03:42 PM
So any further suggestions? I'm still having trouble finding a way to get diplomacy and perform on the sorcerer's spell list. Really this build is starting to look like more trouble than just going straight sorceress, which sucks, cause I really like this class.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-05, 03:58 PM
So any further suggestions? I'm still having trouble finding a way to get diplomacy and perform on the sorcerer's spell list. Really this build is starting to look like more trouble than just going straight sorceress, which sucks, cause I really like this class.

Apprentice Feat from Dungeon Master's Guide II, gives you two free class skills and two bonus skill points. Draconic heritage for Battle Dragons gives you all Performs as class skills and makes your potential Dragonfire Inspiration (If following my suggestion) based on sonic.

Urpriest
2012-08-05, 03:59 PM
Apprentice:Entertainer will get you both skills. There's also the Pervirtuoso trick, which uses BoEF to get any class one particular Perform specialization...

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-05, 04:01 PM
Apprentice:Entertainer will get you both skills. There's also the Pervirtuoso trick, which uses BoEF to get any class one particular Perform specialization...

Google is a wonderful tool isn't it :smallbiggrin:

Morithias
2012-08-05, 04:13 PM
Thanks, my "feat guide" from crystal keep has neither. Thanks for the suggestions and help.