PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Alignment these - Dawnflower Dervish + Gentleman Adventurer

Silus
2012-08-05, 11:41 AM
Keeping with my previous thread regarding my very, VERY messed up Plague Druid concept, I've two more characters that are in need of alignment advice.

Amalee Piks, Half-Elf Dawnflower Dervish 2/Urban Barbarian 1/Unarmed Fighter 1
Current alignment: TN (baseline)

For the short of it, take the standard gypsy bard personality (woot woot freedom and living) and add a dash of zealous anti-slavery. It's getting to the point where I think she may have some mental thing going on. Basically, any mention of slavery or human trafficking sends her into rage mode, and several times this has sent her dangerously close towards evil. The party investigates a warehouse, finds a fellow faction member beaten and chained up to a wall. Turns out he warehouse dealt in slave trade. Amalee's reaction is interrogate the warehouse workers (question, not torture) then put the warehouse to the torch. Next they question a slave trader aboard his ship. As they leave, she decides that it's best to torch the ship on principal. The issue is that in the city where this game takes place, slavery (and pretty much everything else) is legal.

At level 4 and ~12 games under my belt, I figure it's time to shift the alignment in a more appropriate direction. The slavery thing is the only real hinky part. It's not a huge part of her personality, but it gets to the point where she has to leave the room whenever slavers are brought up or being talked to, lest she run them through or something.

Sir Reginald Livingston, Halfling Archeologist/Geisha 1 (Gentleman Adventurer)
Alignment: Undetermined

So the basis for this character is a Gentleman Adventurer who's main play-style is a support bard. Seriously, this guy's attacks SUCK, but he's got Enchantment DCs out the yin-yang. Anyway, personality-wise, I'm aiming for a sort of jolly british persona while blending John Cleese and Sean Connery together and throwing them into British colonial India. Guy's got a story for every situation, often starting with "This reminds me of my time in the Mwangi Expanse...". Main goal for adventuring is to reclaim relics lost from the Taldor empire and obtain new treasures from exotic locals. Imagine a british Halfling Indiana Jones with that mutton chop/mustache combo that sounds like Sean Connery.

I'm thinking some variation of "good" for this character, though the whole treasure hunter angle might shift him a little more neutral.

grarrrg
2012-08-05, 12:07 PM
Keeping with my previous thread regarding my very, VERY messed up Plague Druid concept, I've two more characters that are in need of alignment advice.

Amalee Piks, Half-Elf Dawnflower Dervish 2/Urban Barbarian 1/Unarmed Fighter 1

Sir Reginald Livingston, Halfling Archeologist/Geisha 1 (Gentleman Adventurer)

Anti-Slavery is VERY often paired with being Chaotic, and secondarily paired with being Good. So a shift to CN would be most appropriate.
To further my point, the basics of Chaotic (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/additional-rules):
Chaos implies freedom, adaptability, and flexibility. On the downside, chaos can include recklessness, resentment toward legitimate authority, arbitrary actions, and irresponsibility. Those who promote chaotic behavior say that only unfettered personal freedom allows people to express themselves fully and lets society benefit from the potential that its individuals have within them.

As for the Adventurer guy? Lawful neutral probably.

Burner28
2012-08-05, 03:54 PM
The adventurer seems pretty True Neutral. And as for the other character, she seemed to be leaning more towards Chaos than Neutrality.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-08-05, 04:04 PM
I'd definitely peg Amalee as CN, it's a very solid fit for that type of personality.

Sir Reginald doesn't really strike me as particularly leaning in any direction, so he defaults to neutral. A bit more personality could push him in any direction really.

falloutimperial
2012-08-05, 04:12 PM
I don't know amelee's actions other than the whole "anit-slavery" thing, so if she otherwise does regular PC heroics, that would swing her into good. But still definitely chaotic.

As for the adventurer, he does seem. neutral, and depending in how you characterize him, he could be anywhere on the good-evil axis.

grarrrg
2012-08-05, 05:02 PM
I don't know amelee's actions other than the whole "anit-slavery" thing, so if she otherwise does regular PC heroics, that would swing her into good. But still definitely chaotic.

While I wouldn't say Good (yet anyway), I will definitely say NOT-Evil. The character avoided torturing the slavers. Interrogation yes, torture no.