PDA

View Full Version : Prisoners of Duskholt IC

dextercorvia
2012-08-05, 04:04 PM
Chapter 1: A Deposit In The Bowels of Duskholt

Last night you stayed at a tiny inn at a crossroads. There were several odd patrons at the bar, and though you tried to keep to yourself, the fact that there was only one table made it difficult to avoid anyone. You don’t remember the food or much of the conversation, and you only vaguely remember going to bed.

1. The Rec Room
You awake to find yourself in a festering sewer. Two of your fellow patrons are nearby. The fetid stench assaults your sense, and the surroundings are incredibly dark. The only light in the entire room comes from the faint glow of runes on the stone beneath you. You are lying on a stone platform twenty-five feat on a side. As you begin to stir, you trigger a series of Magic Mouth spells.

Craxtor, to the ragtag bunch assembled here. As per our agreement last night, I have brought you to Duskholt keep. In case you have forgotten, you were hired to find the legendary Rod of McGuffin. Others have gone before you and enabled me to place safe areas like this one throughout the network of tunnels. None of the denizens of this labyrinth perceive anything upon these symbols. As you go deeper, they will become sparse, as few have survived to get that far. Your pay is to be any other thing you can find or take. The previous inhabitants of Duskholt practiced magic most vile. The only warning I can give you about what you will find is that many creatures will be twisted mockeries of familiar creatures. You are currently in the sewers beneath the lowest level of the actual keep. The keep itself is a dead zone. None that have attempted to enter it have lived for longer than a few minutes. I will be tracking your progress. Do not dare to betray our agreement, it is worth more than your life.

The platform is surrounded on all sides by a pool of sewage. On three sides you can make out walls rising out of the muck. On the fourth side, a narrow beam leads away from the platform into the darkness.

Low Light Vision to open
You can make out trickles of water on the walls, which are encrusted with a slimy green moss. The beam bridge extends out over the murky pool at least fifteen feet. Occasionally you can make out a shadowy figure under the water.
Darkvision 60’ or more to open
There are trickles of water on the walls, which are encrusted with a slimy moss. The water is coming from tiny drains near the ceiling. The beam bridge extends out over the murky pool forty feat, and then stops. There is a wall on that side as well fifty feet away. A ten foot diameter round opening in the wall is directly across from the end of the beam. More water trickles out of the opening. You can make out a creature swimming in the water below.

Daloth
2012-08-05, 05:33 PM
Akbar starts to stand before his companions do, he immediately looks around him to gauge his location and realizes he is both without his armor or a weapon, he thinks the person who brought them here must have not wanted him to have them.

He walks up to the edge of the platform and does his best to determine if there is anything in the water or on the walls that he can see or hear before heading towards the platform.

Mechanical actions, no fluff:
Using the blindsense from my Senses aura I walk around the edge of the platform trying to see if there is anything on the walls or beneath the water, out to ten feet in all directions. I shouldn't need to make a spot or listen check for this if there are moving creatures or anything like that within the distance of my aura, even under the water.

"I'm Akbar, by the way. It looks like we might have gotten ourselves into something bad here."

Daloth
2012-08-05, 09:14 PM
"There's SOMETHING down in the water. It's about as big as one of us I think. What do you think we should do?"

RFLS
2012-08-06, 02:43 AM
Skreeba stands and listens intently, apparently heedless of his companions for a moment.

I use my blindsight 30 to try to get a bead on what the creature in the water is.

dextercorvia
2012-08-06, 09:15 AM
The beam is six inches across, and slick (Balance DC17 to cross).

For Skreeba:
Medium sized, roughly cylindrical shape with a fin tail, and several appendages which might be fins,arms, or legs. It is moving quite a bit, not always in range of your ability, never less than 10' down.

RFLS
2012-08-06, 11:53 AM
Well, whatever it is, it's definitely made for water. It's got a fin at the end. Give me a second to think, I may know what it is.

As he says this, Skreeba throws a rock into the water ~10 feet from the creature, whatever it is, to see how it reacts and if he can bring it closer to the surface.

[roll0] + 7 Knowledge (Nature) check to see if I can recognize whatever it is, after I see its reaction to the rock.

dextercorvia
2012-08-06, 12:41 PM
SkreebaThe closest thing in nature is a porpoise -- you can tell the fin is horizontal. You are fairly certain that it is based on one, in fact, but several things about it aren't natural (feel free to try some other knowledge skills). There isn't a rock to throw, unless you chip one up, but I'll assume, you can find something suitably dense in your possession to toss in. It doesn't respond at all to the item.

Alokue
2012-08-06, 01:25 PM
Fwarnor gingerly pushes himself off the ground, making sure he is unhurt. He seems unphased by the announcement, and even the sewer, but sizes up his potential allies.

Fwarnor. Pleasure I'm sure. What sorts of talents do the two of you have? What sorts of...reservations might you have? Do you know what it is in the water Bat-man?

RFLS
2012-08-06, 01:36 PM
I'm Skreeba. No reservations, for now- I'd prefer to get out of here alive. Dead and...undead would not be my preference. As for talents...let's just say I'm really good with animals. And I haven't the faintest idea what it is in the water. It looks like a porpoise, but...porpoises don't normally have that many limbs. Perhaps some arcane knowledge is called for here.

Spot check to see how many limbs it has. [roll0] +15

Edit: How high above the water is the platform, and how high above the water is the beam? Also, how high up is the ceiling?

Alokue
2012-08-06, 01:41 PM
You catch on fairly quickly. We'll be picking up some allies along the way, after we kill them. I don't intend to die in here because someone's a bit squeamish about a bundle of bones and magic.

Fwarnor walks over to Skreeba, looking into the water.

With mah darkvision and mah Arcane Knowledge 1d20 +3

Daloth
2012-08-06, 03:16 PM
Well, I don't know what it is, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I have a feeling that if we walk across that beam it's going to head our way. I vote we come up with a way to go after it first.

Alokue
2012-08-06, 03:35 PM
I think it's safe to assume anything in this place is hostile.

Is it moving much?

Alokue
2012-08-06, 04:27 PM
With mah darkvision and mah Arcane Knowledge [roll0] +3

dextercorvia
2012-08-06, 09:16 PM
The platform and beam are about three feet above the surface of the water. The pool is at least 30' deep. The murk makes it hard to tell, but it is probably more. The ceiling is about 40' above the platform.

SkreebaIt has all of the usual features of a porpoise but two arms sprout from just in front and below of the the flippers, and end in wicked looking claws. They drag along behind as it swims.

FwarnorIt isn't anything you recognize. It is traveling in a seemingly random path at least 10' deep all around the platform. Since someone suggested attacking it, I'll give you a passive arcana check (take 10) to allow you to know that many protective magics are disrupted if you attack while under their influence.

RFLS
2012-08-07, 02:04 AM
I say we should outright kill it. Whoever brought us here clearly means us no good, and the voice said we were unlikely to meet anything friendly.

dextercorvia
2012-08-07, 09:17 AM
As you watch longer, you are fairly certain that there are chunks of flesh missing from the creature in the water.

Alokue
2012-08-07, 10:29 AM
Fwarnor draws his bow and notches an arrow.

Do the two of you have ranged weapons? I don't fancy going down in that...liquid...myself.

RFLS
2012-08-07, 11:32 AM
For weapons, let's see....I've got 10 pieces of chalk, a stick, this donkey here, and an expandable pole. I'm good to go.

I ready an action to cast Animate Water on whatever cube of water the creature is in when Fwarnor attacks, assuming it's in range (30 feet). Stats are on page 13 of the MM, for a Small animated object. The water has no hardness, but double HD.

Alokue
2012-08-07, 02:18 PM
Fwarnor reluctantly extends a club to each of you.

I only carry three club, and I'm usually not hesitant to throw them, but since they seem to be all we have...don't throw them away unless you have to. Do you know how to throw them? Anyway, I can fly around and fire at it from above, then come back to the platform for its safety if anything too terrifying happens. Can those wings carry you Skreeba?

I assume both of you have simple weapon proficiency, but...in character it's a fair question.

RFLS
2012-08-07, 02:31 PM
*refuses club* I'm good, thanks. And yes, my wings can carry me. They're, you know, natural.

I fly 20 feet up in the air, such that the creature is never below the 30 foot range of most of my spells.

RFLS
2012-08-07, 02:44 PM
*refuses club* I'm good, thanks. And yes, my wings can carry me. They're, you know, natural.

I fly 20 feet up in the air, such that the creature is never below the 30 foot range of most of my spells.

Ewebs lag, sorry about that.

Daloth
2012-08-07, 03:07 PM
Thank you, I seem to have... misplaced my equipment somehow. I hope whoever brought us here doesn't hate me more than this, but I think I have something I can do just for a situation like this.

I move into the most optimal location and ready an action to fire my breath attack with Entangling Exhalation + Clinging Breath. I will wait to see how the others react before I roll and such.

I will also take the club obviously since I dropped the ball on that one before the game <_< I blame flaws

Alokue
2012-08-07, 04:37 PM
Well, I suppose if you're negating the magic anyway, I might as well fire from the platform as well. No reason to put myself over that water. On three? (waits till the dolphinthing starts to approach to start counting)

One...
Two...(when it is almost very close)
Three!(when it is at the closest it gets)

Fwarnor shoots on three.

Attack at [roll0]+4

RFLS
2012-08-07, 04:45 PM
*mumbo jumbo*

I cast Animate Water on the cube the creature occupies.

So...yeah. What happens? Is it grappled/flanked/drowning? xD I don't know of a precedent for this.

Daloth
2012-08-07, 04:52 PM
Magic? What Magic are you talking about?

Akbar holds off on his attack, unless the creature clearly appears above the water to attack or is knocked above the water somehow.

rolls in OOC just in case and such

dextercorvia
2012-08-08, 08:26 AM
I'm going to try some map software. Let me know where you guys are, and give me a character headshot to use for your token if you want. Don't freak that the creature looks like a dragon. I didn't have a lot of time to go fishing for the perfect picture.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/dextercorvia/Duskholtroom1.jpg

Alokue
2012-08-08, 08:53 AM
F13 if I can see from there, F12 if I can't.

RFLS
2012-08-08, 08:57 AM
E10,hovering at 20 feet.

dextercorvia
2012-08-08, 11:04 AM
F13 if I can see from there, F12 if I can't.

F12 then. It is at E11 (-10') (that is the closest it has come to the surface).

E10,hovering at 20 feet.

With average maneuverability, you can't hover. If you fly up there, you will have used your entire action for the surprise round. You will need to maintain at least 10' forward movement during your next turn or stall. This will make you unable to cast the spell you said you wanted to. Do you want to revise your action?

RFLS
2012-08-08, 11:24 AM
Oh. Derp >.< Yeah. I guess I move to d12, on the ground.

Daloth
2012-08-08, 12:40 PM
(Move me one square below and to the right of the creature, wherever will maximize my breaths distance and area of effect on the creature and its suroundings)

dextercorvia
2012-08-08, 05:57 PM
E12 sounds like what you want of what is left. Is that okay?

Daloth
2012-08-08, 06:32 PM
E12 works very well.

dextercorvia
2012-08-08, 09:07 PM
I've updated the map.

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/dextercorvia/Duskholtroom1-1.jpg

dextercorvia
2012-08-09, 08:10 AM
Surprise Round

Fwarnor (20): Attack with Bow, misses
Skreeba (18): Begins to cast Animate Water
Akbar (12): Uses Breath Weapon (Entangling, Clinging)

When Fwarnor shoots his bow, the glowing runes on your platform disappear.

Flipper has taken 1 damage.

Round 1

Fwarnor (20):
Skreeba (18):
You two are up.

Flipper (17):
Akbar (12):

Alokue
2012-08-09, 09:06 AM
As I suspected. The protective magic that keeps us hidden stops working when we attack.

Fwarnor fires his bow again.

[roll0]+4

RFLS
2012-08-09, 10:06 AM
Finishes casting Animate Water, which summons a small water elemental. Basic stats are in the OOC. If you want me to reroll its attack, here it is:
[roll0] + 5 to hit
[roll1] + 4 damage

This uses my move action for the round. I now cast Sunstroke (from Sandstorm).
It deals 2d6 nonlethal damage, no save.
Also, if Flipper fails a Fort save of (10 + 1 + 7) 18, he becomes fatigued.
The damage can only be healed if heatstroke (Page 13 of Sandstorm) is first treated.

RFLS
2012-08-09, 10:08 AM
Damage from Sunstroke:
[roll0]

Daloth
2012-08-09, 10:22 AM
well that didn't work like I hoped. If he doesn't come up, I'm going in.

Akbar readies an action to attack if the creature comes out of the water to the platform.

dextercorvia
2012-08-09, 07:26 PM
Fwarnor's second shot fails to penetrate the creature's skin. Skreeba finishes casting his spell, and the water below your feet comes alive with a fury. The elemental lashes out at the aquatic beast, but its efforts are also fruitless.

The creature surfaces (5' step straight up) and rams the source of its recent pain. (Akbar takes 12 points of bludgeoning damage) As it crests, you can see that the rotting and deadened flesh of the hideous thing is hanging off of it. This is clearly some form of undead.

It is now half in half out of the water as though it is treading water.

Next up:

Akbar (don't forget to roll breath damge)
Fwarnor
Skreeba (Your elemental will disappear at the beginning of this turn)

RFLS
2012-08-09, 08:16 PM
Hmmm.....
Skreeba takes a step back and casts a spell at the creature.

On my turn (after Akbar and Fwarnor) I 5-foot step to D-13 or E-13, depending on which is unoccupied. Don't care which if they both are.

I then cast Sunstroke (from Sandstorm).
It deals [roll0] nonlethal damage, no save.
Also, if Flipper fails a Fort save of (10 + 1 + 7) 18, he becomes fatigued.
The damage and fatigue can only be healed if heatstroke (Page 13 of Sandstorm) is first treated. (Fatigued is -2 to Dex/Str, and cannot charge or run)

Daloth
2012-08-09, 10:06 PM
Akbar looks at himself having been hit hard by the creature.

I have just the thing for this... He says heavily.

He seems to glow a golden hue and he starts to look a bit better.

But... you should be feeling it too...

Swift action to change to vigor aura.

[roll0] acid damage from entangling breath + half damage from the last round (round up or down it doesn't actually say so I leave that up to you)

Gonna wait and see what everyone does and how much damage the acid does before I decide on attacking or healing this turn

RFLS
2012-08-10, 12:14 AM
Hmmm.....
Skreeba takes a step back and casts a spell on Beaky the dinosaur.

Beaky runs forward to occupy the space just vacated by Skreeba, and bites at the creature.

I cast magic fang on Beaky. Duration 1 minute, +1 attack/damage rolls with his natural attacks.

Beaky bites at the creature.
Attack- [roll0]
Damage (if it hits)- [roll1]

Alokue
2012-08-10, 12:31 AM
Assuming that I am allowed to buy a holy symbol, here is my turn:

Fwarnor walks to H12, flies up into the air in a tight circle, and, when he reaches F13, (if you need step by step I have it, but it is legal.) reaches under his collar, pulling out a necklace with a holy symbol attached and yelling "MAY THE VERY POWERS OF DEATH COMPEL YOU!"

Turning Check:
Turning Damage: [roll]2d6+1+7

Alokue
2012-08-10, 12:34 AM
If the monster has up to 5 HD, I rebuke it. If it has less than one, I command it. Any other undead (up to 16 HD worth including flipper) in the area that do not have cover and are within 60 feet are also so rebuked or commanded.

Turning Damage: [roll0]

Daloth
2012-08-10, 09:00 AM
(Sorry, fell asleep last night and posting from work on my phone)

maybe thisll feel better

Akbar raises his club and swings it as mightily as he can at the fish zombie.

Power attack +1 to damage rolls, minus one to hit

[roll0] to hit

Damage is. [roll1]

dextercorvia
2012-08-10, 11:48 AM
Akbar's club bounces ineffectively off of the undead flesh, but it continues to stuggle with the residual effects of his acidic breath (5 damage to Flipper). As Fwarnor starts to back up, the creature flips around in the water and slaps him with its tail (AoO 12 damage to Fwarnor), knocking out the necromancer. Beaky takes advantage of the situation and scores a hit. He rips out a chunk of the dead flesh (4 damage to Flipper).

The aquatic zombie returns the favor with a head but at the little dinosaur (14 damage to Beaky).

Next up:
Daloth (11 damage)
Fwarnor (12 damage) disabled
Skreeba
Beaky (14 damage) disabled
Flipper (10 damage)

Map:
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/dextercorvia/Duskholtroom1-2.jpg

Daloth
2012-08-10, 12:41 PM
this isn't working...

Akbar touches his chest and looks a bit more revitalized

(Touch of vigor, swift action on self for cha x2 healing + healing to everyone under half hp from vigor aura)

Akbar backs away towards the middle of the platform. F 14 looks nice.

If I still have more left, ready an action to attack if it comes up somehow.

Daloth
2012-08-10, 12:42 PM
this isn't working...

Akbar touches his chest and looks a bit more revitalized

(Touch of vigor, swift action on self for cha x2 healing + healing to everyone under half hp from vigor aura)

Akbar backs away towards the middle of the platform. F 14 looks nice.

If I still have more left, ready an action to attack if it comes up somehow.

RFLS
2012-08-10, 04:01 PM
cha x2 healing + healing
I'm afb. Is this 24 hp, or 2? Assuming 2, but...yeah xD worth asking.

Skreeba takes off in an attempt to get out of the monster's range, and casts yet another spell on the wing. Lighting flies at the monster.

Mechanics:
I fly to I-13, and move up 5 feet, so that I am 5 feet above the surface of the platform at the end of my turn.

I use my standard action to cast thunderhead. This deals [roll0] electricity damage, with a Reflex save to negate of 18.

dextercorvia
2012-08-10, 09:33 PM
Akbar manages to get away from the zombified porpoise. Skreeba flies up and creates a tiny thundercloud over its head. The creature dodges the tiny lightning bolt, though it is beginning to look damaged from the continuing breath weapon. It moans impotently and buts its head against the platform in an attempt to get at you, but in the end it turns tail and swims back down below the surface.

Beaky and Fwarnor both heal 1hp on their turn, stablizing them. Over the next minute or two, they come back to half hp. Akbar is back to half hp.

Map (I forgot to take out the Dolphin Token, but it is just swimming around under the water as before)
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/dextercorvia/Duskholtroom1-3.jpg

Flipper has taken 16 damage. I'm going to pull us out of round by round, and let you guys make your plan. Any further engagement with the Zombie will take new initiative rolls. It is aware of you, however, so there won't be another surprise round.

@RFLS: I'm guessing you are using the version of Thunderhead from imarvintpa, but he has a typo. It actually only deals 1hp/round for 1round/level, ref negates.

RFLS
2012-08-11, 01:38 AM
OOC:
Ah, k. Yeah, I was. I was AFB and didn't want to wait. I seem to have a real derp streak going this game.

Hmmm....It's retreated for now. What do you two think we should do? Fwarnor, do you have any abilities which will let you control that...thing? For that matter, Do any of us? I can hit it with a stunning blast of sand, but after that...I'm almost unable to cast already. I need rest soon.

Daloth
2012-08-11, 03:36 PM
the only thing that seemed to work was my breath. Maybe we should draw it back up and try that again and let it die from there. The longer we wait the more it heals most likely.

If everyone is healed as much as they can be then switch to senses aura for the next initiative count.

Ooc for plan discussion in an hour or so.

Alokue
2012-08-12, 07:06 PM
I believe it is beyond my power, but I could attempt to frighten it. I will not be able to assume control over it. (I can roll a knowledge check here , but I feel like it's unnecessary -- this thing does NOT have 1/2 HD. XD) It might be more advantageous for me to attempt to raise any bodies the thing has previously killed -- I could bring them all to our aid at once.

Fwarnor scampers away from the edge and joins his companions.

RFLS
2012-08-12, 08:53 PM
Skreeba slowly walks around the edge of the platform, appearing to concentrate intensely.

dextercorvia
2012-08-12, 09:06 PM
Skreeba can't detect the bottom of the pool, or anything else besides the zombie, but one thing is apparent. The creature has gone back to its random patrol, and does not even seem to pay any attention to the druid observing it. The acid has taken its toll on the zombie, however. When it passes closest, you can see that it is considerably more damaged than the last time you saw it. Bones are exposed in several places that were covered with rotting flesh before.

RFLS
2012-08-12, 09:18 PM
I fly around the room, skimming the surface of the water and avoiding the creature at all times, gaining height if I must in order to do so. The whole time, I am checking the bottom for corpses, items, or any thing of any sort of interest.

dextercorvia
2012-08-12, 09:33 PM
At no point can you detect the bottom. The creature continues to ignore you, never rising above 10' deep.

Alokue
2012-08-12, 10:57 PM
Fwarnor looks thoughtful.

Akbar, how well do you swim?

Daloth
2012-08-13, 08:40 AM
it doesn't even notice us now.... I wonder if I can wait for it to pass then breath on it again and get out of the way before it can come after me. We can just wait it out at that point. What do you say, because id rather not go swimming with that thing, though I can hold my breath a while.

Alokue
2012-08-13, 12:42 PM
What if I told you I could make you undetectable by the creature? I'll be going swimming to look for some corpses, and I could use your help. You can see in the dark, right? What about you Skreeba? You don't exactly...look...like you can swim well, but I've been surprised before. Maybe that...thing? *gestures to beaky* For all I care, I could go alone, but searching would be easier with two searchers, and I can hide two beings from that beati...creature.

Alokue
2012-08-13, 04:24 PM
Fwarnor rummages through the pack on the donkey, and comes out with a silk rope and a hammer. You notice he avoids touching the head of the hammer. He sits, and ties the rope to the hammer, then walks to the edge of the water (H12), and begins to lower the hammer down into the water (H11).

If the beast responds, he pulls the hammer out and steps away from the edge. If not, he lowers the hammer down until it hits bottom or the end of the rope is near his hands. He has a slack grip on the rope, and if it starts being pulled, he slackens his grip even more, allowing the rope to slide away, but not letting go completely until the end goes through his hands.

Take ten on the use rope check. (you can do that right? if not, use [roll0])

Daloth
2012-08-13, 06:58 PM
If you need a swimming partner I see no reason why I couldn't go with you. I'd say I can swim a bit deeper than anyone else here anyway.

Feel free for me to jump in whenever you wish. I'll roll if we need a swim check (Hope not)

[roll0]

If i can take ten then do that, but I don't think you can on those. (honestly, in my 20 games of D&D or so, I've never swam.)

RFLS
2012-08-13, 08:31 PM
Take ten on the use rope check. (you can do that right? if not, use [roll0])
You can technically take 20, if you choose to take 20 rounds to do so.

dextercorvia
2012-08-13, 08:52 PM
The zombie completely ignores the oddly rigged fishing line.

In this case, you can take 20 on the Use Rope check, but that isn't universal. In cases where the result is secret (like securing a grappling hook), you can't keep trying until you get it, because you never know if you get it.

Alokue
2012-08-13, 09:03 PM
If not, he lowers the hammer down until it hits bottom or the end of the rope is near his hands. He has a slack grip on the rope, and if it starts being pulled, he slackens his grip even more, allowing the rope to slide away, but not letting go completely until the end goes through his hands.

Take ten on the use rope check. 13

I do the rest of this. How deep did it go? Did it hit bottom?

dextercorvia
2012-08-13, 09:08 PM
Just as you are about to run out of line, the rope gets a bit of slack in it. The hammer has landed on something.

Alokue
2012-08-13, 10:29 PM
Skreeba, do you have a spell that can light this rope up? Would help us see an awful lot better.

Fwarnor pulls the rope partway up, pulls the silk rope off the donkey, and ties the two ropes together.

Probably just on the lower rope, though having it on both wouldn't hurt.

Daloth
2012-08-14, 08:30 AM
I'm ready for a swim.

Akbar drops his club on the tile and begins stretching to swim as deep as he can, knowing he may need to pull a body or two up from the depths

dextercorvia
2012-08-14, 04:59 PM
With the two ropes tied together you are able to confirm your suspicions. At least near the platform, the bottom of the pool appears to be approximately fifty feet down. The creature continues to ignore the hammer and rope.

Daloth
2012-08-14, 07:04 PM
I'm ready whenever you are. Cast the spell and I'll swim straight down, and check to see how the rest goes.

Once I hit the bottom or get near the bottom update before I decide to go deeper/back up

(Sorry for the changing of green colors, when I'm on my phone it won't let me select colors very accurately, so if I get a green thats close I just go with it.)

RFLS
2012-08-14, 11:26 PM
I cast light on the lower of the two ropes.

Alokue
2012-08-15, 12:42 PM
WololoWololoWololoWololoWololoWololo

Fwarnor hands the rope to Skreeba.

Tie this up to the donkey, would you? Just in case.

Fwarnor drops the hammer into the water, dips a foot in, and, if the monster is unresponsive, gestures for Akbar to follow him before slipping in.

Fwarnor casts Hide from Undead on himself and Akbar.
Move silently, if I need it. [roll0]

dextercorvia
2012-08-15, 02:33 PM
You are both in the water, and Flipper is ignoring you.

OOC: If you take 10 on your swim check, you can move 5' as a move action or 15' as a full round action. You are treated as flying with perfect maneuverability. Making any standard or full round actions costs you 1 round of your remaining time holding your breath. Right now you are on the surface, if you go underwater your holding your breath timer will start.

Fwarnor: 20 rounds
Akbar : 44 rounds

Alokue
2012-08-15, 04:06 PM
Fwarnor swims down until he can see the bottom.

I think this should be 10 or 15 feet -- is that correct? and then I can see in a 40 foot radius on the bottom where the rope is?

RFLS
2012-08-15, 04:32 PM
*twiddles thumbs*

Pats Beaky on the head.

Hums to himself.

Contemplates the donkey.

Daloth
2012-08-15, 05:42 PM
Swims to the bottom with his partner. If the floor continues going in other directions then he goes as deep as he can while still keeping a safe escape possible (no deeper than I can't swim back up safely from) and within light if possible.

Blindsense aura still up, so I have 10 feet in all directions. And yes, go for taking ten on swimming

dextercorvia
2012-08-15, 09:22 PM
You both swim down approximately thirty feet keeping close to the wall of the platform. From there, you can just make out the detritus that lines the floor of the pool. The junk seems concentrated near this edge of the platform and underneath the beam bridge. At this point it is hard to discern any specific objects, but you are pretty sure that you see a skull here and a hand there. It is still too soon to determine whether there are any intact skeletons. What you do notice is the glint of metal spread over a large area near the platform. It looks like the bottom of a wishing fountain.

From this new vantage, you can see that Flipper does indeed follow a seemingly random path, patrolling every cubic inch of water that you can see. A couple of times he passes within ten feet of you, but he continues to ignore your presence.

OOC:
You will have to go to the bottom and make search checks if you want to ID specific skeletons, or look for anything else.

Fwarnor: 16 rounds
Akbar: 40 rounds

Daloth
2012-08-15, 10:04 PM
Akbar swims as deep as he needs to in order to have his blindsense reach the floor (Should save me two spaces of swimming this way) and begins to patrol looking for something that stands out, either weapons/items/extremely strange coins or fully intact corpses.

Search long enough to where I still can reach the surface safely normally.

RFLS
2012-08-15, 10:09 PM
Skreeba keeps an eye on Flipper, doing his best to keep it in sight. If Flipper begins aggressive movements towards either Skreeba or his party members, I ready an action to fly 15 feet into the air away from Flipper.

Alokue
2012-08-15, 10:36 PM
I go down to the bottom and start searching right of the rope, with my back to the platform.

Edit in spoiler.

By my calculations it takes 7 breaths to get down there (and back up), and I'm not sure whether it takes two or one to search (leaving me either 2 or 4 searches). I'm not really sure how you got to six earlier, so I'll let you let me know, but here's my search checks for all four of the squares, and you can surface me between them if that's how it works, or you can tell me I'm the one who messed up and how things are. ^.^

Edit: So 2 searches per dive. I guess I'll just start with two dives and see how things go. Still have 3 more spells today, so, worst case scenario, we send Akbar back for more stuff.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Daloth
2012-08-15, 10:59 PM
(Pointing out, my search/listen checks autosucceed within the blindsense range so I should be good for those)

dextercorvia
2012-08-16, 08:12 AM
The two of you reach the bottom of the pool. From here you begin wading through the garbage. Almost immediately, Fwarnor finds an intact Kobold Skeleton. However, he knows he can't keep this up for much longer.

OOC: It takes an additional 2 rounds (3 from the breath counter) to reach the bottom. The first square takes 2 from your breath counter to search. Each successive square will take 3 rounds from the counter -- 1 to move to the square, 2 to search. It will take 7 rounds to reach the surface.

Fwarnor: 8 rounds
Akbar: 32 rounds

@Akbar, I know you will keep searching but I paused here for Fwarnor to decide to go back up, or risk it.

Daloth
2012-08-16, 09:33 AM
(I'll roll a few search checks then. Just to throw out for later. If that's not enough for the space that I've covered and a few more then just roll the remaining few for me)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Alokue
2012-08-16, 01:38 PM
Nah, I'll stick with 2 searches per dive.

dextercorvia
2012-08-16, 02:56 PM
Fwarnor returns to the surface and dives three times before the search is complete. Akbar has to make a single trip. Akbar finds a Masterwork Falchion, and Fwarnor finds a lizard skeleton. It could have been someone's familiar.

You have searched the entire area once, but it is possible you missed something. You both are currently at the bottom. You have been doing this for about 4 minutes (I counted 39 rounds of time since you cast the spell).

Breath Counter
Fwarnor: 10
Akbar: 28

Alokue
2012-08-16, 03:20 PM
As long as we're less than halfway done, let's go ahead and uhmm...go over it one more time? If that's cool. Before I come up the last time I want to use a rebuke attempt as near the center of the garbage heap as possible to animate stuff, at the very least picking up any corpses we have found. (it's a 60 ft radius. Shouldn't be too difficult with only 20 squares.)

EDIT: I do not kill myself. >.< If I find nothing else, I will pick up the lizard and Akbar can pick up the other corpse and the uhmm...falchion.

dextercorvia
2012-08-16, 05:59 PM
Your second pass turns up another skeleton -- the heavy cranial ridge indicates that it is probably an orc. You manage to retrieve all three skeletons, the sword, and get up on to the platform with about a minute left on your protection spells.

Daloth
2012-08-16, 06:51 PM
Well, this sword sure does look nice. I'll take it for safe keeping if nobody minds. What's our plan now? Make these skeletons drown the fish man dog or something?

Alokue
2012-08-16, 07:34 PM
Fwarnor raises the skeletons using Zone of Animation.

ARISE!
...*beat*...
That's fine, keep the sword. May my orc friend have that club? As for a plan, I have no idea what to do. Undead have no need for breath, so drowning it will not work. In all honesty, I think breathing on it and retreating repeatedly might kill it.

dextercorvia
2012-08-16, 08:57 PM
You need to roll a turning check and turning damage.

Daloth
2012-08-16, 10:05 PM
Don't worry, I'll pay you all back sometime. I believe we'll be here a long time. I like the little guy by the way, we'll get along well. Akbar looks at the lizard as he says this and smiles.

So, they run over there, and I breathe on him? Sounds like a good plan. When you are ready I'm at it.

Alokue
2012-08-17, 12:26 PM
I remembered the first time. >.> I swear to god I'm not normally this stupid. Though uhmm...I guess I do have to ask...why the turning check? By my reading I only need to find out how many HD of undead I can control, which is damage, right? I don't see anything about finding the highest HD I can command with a turn.

turn check: [roll0]
turn damage: [roll1]

dextercorvia
2012-08-17, 12:45 PM
The lizard skeleton comes to unlife and starts stares up at Fwarnor expectantly.

OOC:
Zone of Animation has you make a regular rebuke attempt. It animates any creature that you would be capable of commanding (if that creature were undead) with that result (up to the limit of 10HD/Turning Level). If you rolled low on the check, you might not be able to animate anything. Right now you are capped at 1/2 HD creatures because of the per creature command limit of 1/2 your DN level. You are free to cart around the other skeletons until you hit level 2.

RFLS
2012-08-17, 01:06 PM
A gift. (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Undead_Mastery)

By my reading, he can-
1) Control 10 HD of undead.
2) Affect Undead of up to 5 HD.
3) Control 18 HD of undead with his damage. (Obv., he only goes up to 10. His damage just ALLOWS for 18)

Alokue
2012-08-17, 01:45 PM
That was my understanding...@RFLS

Daloth
2012-08-17, 02:02 PM
Well, I hope our little lizard friend can help us now. If not my shiny new sword might do it.

Akbar prepares himself to fight the zombie fish man thing.

(If we go with our plan, just assume I start the fight with my sense aura for init bonus, then switch to energy aura for bonus on my DC before breathing on him with both Entangling and Lingering. Figured I'd say that out so we can get moving faster if I'm not around for the next few hours.)

dextercorvia
2012-08-18, 02:01 PM
Check out the map and make sure this is where you want to be:

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/dextercorvia/Duskholtroom1-4.jpg

dextercorvia
2012-08-18, 02:15 PM
You all get as close as you dare to the edge of the platform, and wait. Flipper finally approaches a few feet from the near edge, and at his minimum depth.

Akbar uses his breath weapon again and then dodges backward (F13). Flipper approaches, but flounders helplessly against the platform. It then turns tail and dives. You can no longer see it or sense it.

Init:
Akbar (15): Breath Weapon 5' step backwards
Flipper (10): Move
Skreeba (7)
Fwarnor (3)

Skreeba and Fwarnor are up next, this is the round that you would begin to cast, but you can change that if you want. The range on your spells is only 25', and if it was that close, Skreeba would know. I don't want you to waste them.

Alokue
2012-08-18, 05:40 PM
I cast detect undead, and fly around looking for Flipper's aura. (I can fly while concentrating, right?)

dextercorvia
2012-08-18, 06:09 PM
Yeah, concentration take a Standard action, and so you have your Move action left. Where do you want to Fly to this round?

Alokue
2012-08-18, 08:05 PM
uhmm...is "around where flipper disappeared" good enough or do I need to plot a course?

RFLS
2012-08-19, 12:07 AM
I hold my action and wait for Flipper to once again be entangled.

dextercorvia
2012-08-19, 07:33 AM
Skreeba waits to see what happens next. Fwarnor casts a spell and flies out over the water. When he directs his spell downward, he detects an undead aura somewhere beneath the surface.

Skreeba:Delay
Fwarnor: Cast Detect Undead, Fly to F10 +10'up
Akbar: You are up.
Flipper:

OOC: @Fwarnor: You'll have to direct it at the same area for 3 rounds to pinpoint the location of any undead.

Daloth
2012-08-19, 09:46 AM
Akbar waits to see if anything happens

dextercorvia
2012-08-19, 03:23 PM
After a few seconds of circling, Fwarnor is able to pinpoint an aura. Flipper appears to be at E10, 50' down. For the moment he is stationary.

I'm not going to bring us out of round by round just yet. We'll keep the initiative count where it is.

dextercorvia
2012-08-21, 08:54 PM
Map:http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/dextercorvia/Duskholtroom1-5.jpg

In less than a minute you are able to form a plan and regroup. Just as you work out the details, Flipper starts moving again. Before long his patrol brings him within striking distance of the platform.

Skreeba: Delay
Fwarnor: Delay
Akbar is up.

Daloth
2012-08-21, 10:12 PM
Akbar waits for the moment to strike and quickly fires his breathe attack once again in hopes the creature will finally stop cold.

After he attacks, he steps back again and switches his aura to Vigor

rolls

DC 18

[roll0]

Half for damage and half next turn for clinging. all acid damage

and 1d6 from then on for entangled rounds. also acid

[roll1]

for entangled rounds

[roll2]

for breathless turns

dextercorvia
2012-08-21, 10:23 PM
The undead animal is entangled in a web of acid.

Skreeba and Fwarnor are up.

RFLS
2012-08-22, 01:00 AM
Skreeba has waited for this moment, and immediately begins summoning his peculiar brand of plantlike animals; in this case, a porpoise.

2d8 + 10
Speed: 80 feet (swim)
AC: 21, touch 13, Flat 18
Attack/Grapple: +6/+6
Attack: Slam +6 melee
Blindsight 120
Fort +4
Ref +6
Will +1
Str 21, Dex 19, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10

Attack- [roll0]
Damage- [roll]2d4+6

RFLS
2012-08-22, 01:01 AM
Roll due to messing the formatting up on the first one:
[roll0]

*facepalm*

RFLS
2012-08-22, 01:02 AM
DAMAGE:
[roll0]

Alokue
2012-08-22, 02:06 AM
Fwarnor too, was waiting. A human-shaped skeleton appears in the water next to Flipper, on the opposite side of the dolphin Skreeba summons.

HP: 1d12 -- [roll0]
Speed: 30 ft (land)
AC: 13. Touch: 11. Flat Footed 12.
Attack/Grapple: +0/+1
Attack: Claw +1 melee (1d4+1)
DR 5/Bldg. Immunity to cold. 60 ft darkvision. Undead Traits.
Fort+0. Ref +1. Will +2.
Str 13. Dex 13. Con -. Int -. Wis 10. Cha 1.

Attack: 1d20+1 -- [roll1]
Damage: 1d4+1 -- [roll2]

EDIT: Fwarnor shoots at flipper and steps backward.

1d20+3
1d6

Five foot step back.

dextercorvia
2012-08-23, 09:19 PM
It didn't take your rolls (because they were edited in.) I'll make them here

[roll0]
[roll1]

The cycle seems to repeat itself. Flipper is bathed in acid once more and lunges at Akbar. Unable to reach him, or anything else, it dives back to the bottom. A minute goes by and then two and it doesn't resurface. Finally, you peer over the edge and can detect nothing moving below.

OOC: I'm as anxious as you are to be done with this room, so I'll just tell you that it is dead/destroyed whatever. Akbar's breath ended up doing another 15 points of damage during the entangled rounds.

RFLS
2012-08-26, 03:38 PM
Let us stay here for the night before venturing further. I will take first watch, and, if you are amenable to it, will awaken Akbar for the second, midnight shift. Is this agreeable?

Alokue
2012-08-26, 07:56 PM
Fine by me. I'll slip off to bed then.

Daloth
2012-08-26, 11:17 PM
Agreed, let's get some sleep.

dextercorvia
2012-08-27, 02:23 PM
After about an hour, the runes light back up on the platform. Other than that, nothing disturbs your rest.

RFLS
2012-08-27, 06:12 PM
Skreeba awakens, and takes his morning prayers. Afterwards, he eats his breakfast.

I'm going to insert the food eating this once, and after this just assume it and take rations out as necessary.

Daloth
2012-08-27, 10:44 PM
(Same as above, minus prayers)

Alokue
2012-08-28, 08:56 AM
(same as above, plus prayers. :D Actually I guess they're more rituals, but. /shrug)

RFLS
2012-08-28, 09:25 AM
GitP claims there's something new, but I can't see it. Posting in case of new-page glitch.

Whaddaya know, it worked.

Daloth
2012-08-28, 09:59 AM
(I won't be able to talk until tonight most likely. Driving 4+ hours to school today and classes start tomorrow. Just assume my character does whatever is necessary to get to the next room. Tie ropes to me and i'll glide the donkey or something idc)

RFLS
2012-08-28, 11:10 AM
I read that as "tie ropes to me and the donkey will glide across" the first time through.

dextercorvia
2012-08-28, 01:22 PM
How do you want to proceed? The water is 2-3 feet below the edge. There is the beam bridge, which stops 10 feet before the passage.

Akbar can glide so long has he is carrying a light load or less. He gets 20' of horizontal movement for every 5' he drops. That means he needs to hit a DC 50 jump check (running) to glide to the opposite side without setting foot on the beam bridge.

There is also Beaky and the Mule to consider.

I can't find the weight of the mule. Unless you find something more official, I'll go with the RL median ~900lbs.

Daloth
2012-08-29, 01:49 PM
So, How are we getting across? Mostly... How are we get the donkey across

Daloth
2012-08-30, 04:35 PM
I think we'll be fine. If it can hold me it can hold any of us probably

Akbar walks to the end of the beam to test the stability of it.

Alokue
2012-08-30, 07:48 PM
Good question.

I've got nothing. XD

dextercorvia
2012-08-30, 09:16 PM
The beam is sturdy enough to hold you, but narrow and rather slippery (DC 17 balance check each round to move at half your speed).

Alokue
2012-09-01, 05:58 PM
Holdup...is there a rule that says you need hands to pull yourself up on a ledge? Because the donkey must have a really high strength...I bet it can swim RAW.

dextercorvia
2012-09-01, 06:19 PM
Holdup...is there a rule that says you need hands to pull yourself up on a ledge? Because the donkey must have a really high strength...I bet it can swim RAW.

The donkey can swim, but it can't climb.

Alokue
2012-09-05, 04:06 PM
Not even if Akbar has a rope harness tied to it and is pulling it? (Because I feel like the logic problem with it climbing is there's no way its front legs alone could pull it out of the water, and I feel like there's no rule that says donkeys don't get a climb check)

dextercorvia
2012-09-05, 06:07 PM
AFAIK, it is only stated explicitly for Familiars, but "Regardless of a familiar’s total skill modifiers, some skills may remain beyond the familiar’s ability to use." There are things that we think of as climbing that don't require a check, but there is no way that a donkey could climb a 10' wall, e.g. Your right that my rationale is that the donkey can't get its legs out of the water far enough to use its back legs too. If Akbar is close to being able to lift it, I'll let them work together, but if he is nowhere close, then I don't think it would help.

What is your Max Press, Akbar?

Daloth
2012-09-05, 08:31 PM
(If I'm looking at the table right, my max load is 400 pounds roughly since I'm medium and have a 20 STR score. Depending on the Dinosaurs stats (quadripeds get like X4 lift load or something) and assuming a pulley system would make the load lighter with the donkey hopefully at least helping us a bit, I think we should be able to pull it off just barely. Especially if We are allowed to triple or quadruple team it.

also, I found this line:

A character can generally push or drag along the ground as much as five times his or her maximum load. Favorable conditions can double these numbers, and bad circumstances can reduce them to one-half or less

If I'm dragging, out of water not so deep ledged water, this shouldn't be too vastly different than this, If I can even do 2.2 times my max load I can pull him out with ropes by myself)

dextercorvia
2012-09-05, 08:56 PM
(If I'm looking at the table right, my max load is 400 pounds roughly since I'm medium and have a 20 STR score. Depending on the Dinosaurs stats (quadripeds get like X4 lift load or something) and assuming a pulley system would make the load lighter with the donkey hopefully at least helping us a bit, I think we should be able to pull it off just barely. Especially if We are allowed to triple or quadruple team it.

also, I found this line:

If I'm dragging, out of water not so deep ledged water, this shouldn't be too vastly different than this, If I can even do 2.2 times my max load I can pull him out with ropes by myself)

That works for me. You can pull it up enough that it can climb out. Alright, everyone is on the far side. The corridor is a 12' diameter sewer pipe. You can walk two abreast without squeezing. (I'm ignoring the slope in the floor for simplicity.) I'll post the full description in a bit. For right now, I need a marching order and spacing.

dextercorvia
2012-09-08, 12:55 PM
2. The Grand Stair

You are in a twelve foot diameter sewer pipe. The entire corridor is made from stone and angles upward farther than you can see. There is room for two to walk abreast without difficulty. Water trickles out of slits cut periodically about two thirds of the way up on the walls, gathering in the bottom of the pipe and flowing back toward the pool in the previous room.

Map:http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/dextercorvia/Duskholtroom2.jpg

Check your placement on the map, and let me know if you want any changes. Also, roll Spot checks.

Daloth
2012-09-08, 01:45 PM
(Positions look good to me. within 10 feet I auto succeed on my spot/listen checks obviously, but outside of that we have)

[roll0]

(yay for dump stats)

RFLS
2012-09-09, 10:53 AM
Works for me. Yay for focused stats!

[roll0]

Alokue
2012-09-10, 04:36 PM
Oh. Righto. I see nothing. ALL THE NOTHING!

[roll0]

dextercorvia
2012-09-10, 09:46 PM
As you walk through the corridor, you can't help but feeling watched. Suddenly you notice things peering and reaching through the slits. Tiny masses of tentacles and whiskers are poised to strike.

Pairs of the hideous creatures are near each of you (E6, B8, B10, and E12).

Roll for initiative.

RoN (8 of them): 10

Daloth
2012-09-10, 09:56 PM
[roll0]

(hmm wonder what this could be)

Alokue
2012-09-11, 12:37 PM
[roll0]

Are we seriously about to get raped by tentacle monsters?

RFLS
2012-09-11, 12:54 PM
Are we seriously about to get raped by tentacle monsters?

(Going to pretend you said that IC xD)

Initiative is [roll0]

dextercorvia
2012-09-11, 01:53 PM
Beaky (15), Fwarnor(13), and Akbar (12) are up.

Daloth
2012-09-11, 07:56 PM
"Let's see who gets raped here!"

Swift action to energy aura for +1 on my DC

DC 18

Breathing acidly on the one in E6

[roll0]

half for damage, other half for clinging next round and then 1d6 from then on while entangled

[roll1]

entangled rounds

[roll2]

breathless rounds

RFLS
2012-09-11, 09:55 PM
[roll0]

(hmm wonder what this could be)

Do you actually know? I don't recognize it.

Beaky sprays the creature at E12 with his poison.

Fort DC 12, blind for [roll0] minutes, secondary [roll1] Con damage. The spray can't be used for another [roll2] rounds.

Alokue
2012-09-14, 04:38 PM
I'll go ahead and cast cause fear on the one nearest me.

Wololo wololo wololo wololo wololo wololo wololo wololo wololo

I totally posted this on Wednesday...sorry. >.> my school's firewall blocked it.

dextercorvia
2012-09-17, 01:00 PM
Beaky's spray catches one of the creatures full in the face. The other seems to shrug off the initial effects. Following Fwarnor's spell, one of the creatures he is facing run's back into the tiny inlets. Akbar breathes on the two nearest him, but they are unaffected.

The two of them nearest Akbar rush into his square and bite him. (two hits 3 and 3 pts of damage). The remaining ceature near Fwarnor likewise rushes into his square and bites him (1 damage). Two approach Skreeba, who dodges one attack, but is bitten by the other (2 damage). Beaky is attacked by the blind one and another. The blind one misses, but the other bites the lizard (1 damage)

OOC: Sorry that took so long. Up next: Skreeba, Beaky, Fwarnor, Akbar.

Daloth
2012-09-17, 10:22 PM
Well then, try this!

Akbar changes to a new glow as his aura switches and he becomes more golden as his sword comes down on the nearest enemy.

swift action change to vigor aura

Akbar swings his new Falchion at the nearest creature

1d20+7

Damage on success

[roll0]

Daloth
2012-09-17, 10:23 PM
(try again for hit)

1d20+7

Daloth
2012-09-17, 10:25 PM
(FURY)

[roll0]

Alokue
2012-09-18, 04:31 PM
Inflict Light Wounds on the one close to me?

Fwarnor tries to punch the tentacle monster closest to him.

HAIDUKEN!

[roll0]

Alokue
2012-09-18, 04:35 PM
oh. I guess I have to be touching them to do that. So a melee touch attack (which also applies my charnel touch).

[roll0]
[roll1]

Alokue
2012-09-18, 04:38 PM
So 16 damage if an 18 hits.

dextercorvia
2012-09-28, 09:42 AM
Akbar overestimates the size of his opponent, and his sword passes several inches over the top of it. Likewise, Fwarnor is unable to reach his pesky attacker, but neither is attacker able to capitalize on the chance while he casts his spell.. Skreeba dances away from his foes.

The creatures attack you again. Akbar is bitten twice (2 and 3 damage). One of the beasts bites Skreeba again (1 damage, you get another AoO on one of them. Choose A or B.) They aren't able to damage Fwarnor or Beaky.

You guys are up again.

Alokue
2012-09-28, 05:22 PM
Falcon PAAAAAUNCH!

Fwarnor pulls back his arm, and then quickly brings it forward (hopefully into the monster, but we all know that's not going to happen), which happens to be the somatic component of Inflict Light Wounds.

[roll0]
[roll1]

dextercorvia
2012-09-28, 08:21 PM
Sorry, I screwed that up. An 18 hits his touch AC (just not his normal AC). your last attack hit, and that creature is dead. Do you want to redirect this attack?

Alokue
2012-09-29, 12:16 AM
Oh, awesome. Yea, definitely. I guess I should go look at the combat grid.

Alokue
2012-09-29, 12:20 AM
I'll five foot step west and attack the creature in Skreeba's previous square, unless it stayed with him, in which case I'll just attack them in his square, which I'm sure there's some huge penalty for.

Daloth
2012-09-29, 11:32 AM
Swing away at the nearest one to me

[roll0]

for

[roll1]

Alokue
2012-09-29, 12:40 PM
Falchion crits 18-20! :D Roll for crit?

dextercorvia
2012-09-29, 09:26 PM
I'll five foot step west and attack the creature in Skreeba's previous square, unless it stayed with him, in which case I'll just attack them in his square, which I'm sure there's some huge penalty for.

It did move with him, but I don't think there is a penalty unless you are using a ranged weapon. There may be some cover issue, but I'm not going to bother with it.

Falchion crits 18-20! :D Roll for crit?

Please do.

Daloth
2012-10-01, 12:31 AM
Thank you for reminding me

crit confirmation for good ole X2

[roll0]

Daloth
2012-10-07, 04:33 PM
(we missing someone?)

dextercorvia
2012-10-07, 06:25 PM
I've been waiting on RFLS, but it has been awhile since he's posted. I'll go ahead and update in a couple of hours, whether or not he's cut in by then.

dextercorvia
2012-10-08, 09:57 PM
Akbar cleaves one of the creatures in two. Fwarnor attempts to grab one of the ones on Skreeba, but it dodges around him.

The remaining creature near Akbar bites him (3 damage). Skreeba is bitten twice (4 damage), and Beaky is bitten once (3 damage).

You guys are up.

OOC:I'm going to try to keep up with this better. I'm awarding you 50 xp for patience, and I will award 10xp/day if you make an IC post -- that will be doubled to 20xp if we are in combat.

Daloth
2012-10-10, 01:01 PM
(if I take any more damage my vigor aura should kick in, if I did my math right I'm at 8 HP right now and it has to be below half)

Swing at the next nearest one

[roll0]

for

[roll1]

Daloth
2012-10-11, 01:27 AM
(I'll just build two other characters and pretend we are all different people and run through if you want haha)

dextercorvia
2012-10-11, 10:27 AM
I think it would be safe if you want to replace RFLS. I'll give Alokue 1 more day to post and then we'll put him in stasis. Would you like to run 2-3 characters, or would you rather I recruit some replacements.

Daloth
2012-10-12, 12:00 AM
(I have no real preference. If you can get other players do it. I would have trouble running multiple characters most likely just keeping up with them. But yeah, get more players if you can)