PDA

View Full Version : Need help with build

caimbuel
2012-08-05, 10:29 PM
Wanted range with decent utility using only pathfinder materials, will go to 20, homebrew world
Human fighter1, wizard5, EK3, AA4, EK another 7
str - 16 dex-20 con-14 wis-13 int-16 cha-13
I know, rolling is broken, but it was beautifully done in front of GM.
Lvl--Class--BAB--Feat
1-----F-----1----Rapid Shot, Point blank shot, Presice shot
2-----W----1-----Scribe scoll, Bow bond
3-----W----2-----Deadly Aim
4-----W----2
5-----W----3-----Weapon Focus
6-----W----3-----craft wonderous
7-----EK----4----Combat Reflexes, many shot
8-----EK----5
9-----EK----6-----weapon spec
10----AA----7----+1 arrows all day
11----AA----8-----Point Blank master, imbue arrow
12----AA----9-----elemental arrows
13----AA---10-----snap shot, seeker arrow
14----EK---11
15----EK---12-----clustered shot, open**
16----EK---13
17----EK---14-----imp snap shot
18----EK---15
19----EK---16-----open**, open**
20----EK---17

Thats 17 bab, 17 CL, or 9th spells 3 lvls late, but with magical knack only 1 CL behind
Of course this is a draft, so may change due to the campaign.
still deciding what is any archtypes, schools, etc.
Would appreciate any and all feedback as this is the first hybrid I have made.
Suggestions, problems, thoughts please?

caimbuel
2012-08-05, 11:40 PM
I would really appreciate some help with this build.

I have noticed a lot of good info being given for other threads.

Please help:smallsigh:

Krazzman
2012-08-06, 02:24 AM
I would really appreciate some help with this build.

I have noticed a lot of good info being given for other threads.

Please help:smallsigh:

Soooo.... you want to make an Arcane Archer, right?

If so I think that build is more or less solid (never cared for Wizard+Fighter variant in doing this).

I once was inclined to play an Arcane Archer myself. But switched to being a Dwarven Druid (since Dwarf didn't mix with what I had in mind).

So here it is what I punched together.:
Zen Archer Monk 3/Wis-focused Sorcerer X/Zen Archer Monk Y/Arcane Archer/Sorcerer.

You'll hit Arcane Archer a bit later but you'll be more SAD (effectively only needing 13 dex, Wis and Strength). You get TONS of really nice Free Bonus Feats and Sorcerer Casting on top of it.

Hope this helps you seeing other alternatives.

EDIT:
I would say maybe changing your Race to Elf could be advantageous. You'll lose 2 Points of CON but get Dex and Int. Is your array fixed or are you allowed to switch? (If yes I would swap Str and con so you have 14 Str and 14 con).

Squidfist
2012-08-06, 11:21 AM
Typically, if I want to play a fighter / spell caster I play a Battle Sorcerer, which will give you a higher spell progression than splitting between Fighter and wizard, it also gives you light armor with no arcane fail off the bat. it's great for getting into PrCs, unless you hate sorcerers.

For example, 3 wiz and 3 fighter will give you a 4 BaB, and level 2 spells. 6 levels in battle sorc gives you level 3 spells and 4 BaB. Plus the light armor, and you're casting more spells per day.

I was building a similar character at one point, and went 4 battle sorc, 2 Fighter for feats and to get to 5 bab in the fewest levels possible, then Abjurant champion. AC is just an excellent class, and it will make you able to swift cast dispell magics at level 5, and swift cast shield at level 1, which gives you more and more AC as you progress.

It also lets you discard spells to do things, like spell level x 2 additional damage to all weapon rolls. As a Sorc with so many spells per day, ditching a level 4 spell and then shooting even 3 arrows with +8 damage is pretty badass.