PDA

View Full Version : Angreal or Sa'angreal?

Corwin_of_Amber
2012-08-06, 07:10 AM
Angreal (http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Angreal) are artifacts from the Wheel of Time series that allow theuse to channel more powerfully by using them as a focus.

I'm wondering if something like this exists for caster in 3.5. I don't mean things like metamagic rods or runestaves, but things that can increase your DC/CL a few times per day by casting a spell while using it as a focus.

Does such a thing exist?

2xMachina
2012-08-06, 07:21 AM
Beads of Karma increases Divine CL by +4 for 10 mins. 1 per day only tho.

Orange Ioun stone is +1 CL, but it's more of it being a magical item's buff, but you can refluff it.

Found on the internet. Ways to increase caster lvl. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872350/Raising_Caster_Level)

Psyren
2012-08-06, 07:26 AM
Keep in mind that WoT is better modeled with psionics than magic for various reasons. Instead of a vanilla +CL item, you can model the danger of using sa'angreal (at least, unbuffered ones) by having them grant you Wild Surge as the class feature (+4 or higher) with a corresponding chance of enervation as you push yourself.

Daftendirekt
2012-08-06, 09:46 AM
Keep in mind that WoT is better modeled with psionics than magic for various reasons. Instead of a vanilla +CL item, you can model the danger of using sa'angreal (at least, unbuffered ones) by having them grant you Wild Surge as the class feature (+4 or higher) with a corresponding chance of enervation as you push yourself.

Psionics really is a much more elegant system in so many ways...

Corwin_of_Amber
2012-08-06, 11:52 AM

Yeah, I've seen that said before. I'm not really interested in creating WoT characters, I just figured that this was a well-known way to give an example for what I'm looking. I figured I would get less responses asking for Spikards. :smallbiggrin: