PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Looking for good items for my players

darni
2012-08-06, 10:51 AM
I'm DMing an adventure for a group of first-time players (well, 3 of the 4). Currently they're going through a dungeon essentially base din Paizo's "crown of the kobold king", with some refluffing to fit a larger campaign and a few changes to make it higher level. I wanted each of them to get out of the dungeon each with an useful but also "cool" item. The second part is not that hard (being their first time, even a scroll of invisibility looks "cool"), but I was thinking in wearables, in the range of 5000gp to 10000gp. The module already provide interesting items for my L4 dwarven fighter (a +1 battleaxe and adamantine full plate), and for my L5 elf sorceress (the crown of the module title, which provides some natural armor and a +1 CL for sorcerers)

What I'm looking for is:

something for a L4 half-elf druid, NG
something for a L4 cleric of Sarenrae, NG [this is the experienced player]

None of the characters builds are optimized, but they all have very good stats and HP (Both were rolled with a house rule that tends to produce values in the high range)

I'm using the core rulebook only, so I'm thinking on custom items using core-only spells/effects; however introducing stuff for other PF material (advanced, ultimate combat/magic) is fine if it helps to the coolness factor. The druid is where I have more questions, I have never played one so I'm not very sure what's useful for them.

jmelesky
2012-08-06, 04:53 PM
For the Druid, consider some armor with the "Wild" enchantment -- the armor bonus sticks around even when the druid's in wild shape. Very handy.

For the Cleric, perhaps a Phylactery of Positive Channeling?

darni
2012-08-06, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Pricetag for Wild armors seems a bit high (may be later); the other druid specific item I saw is the druid's vest but it seems a bit boring. The amulet of mighty fists may be nice, is there any way to keep it working while in wild shape?

The phylactery looks good for the cleric, I think it will be either that or the incense of meditation.

Thanks!

Wagadodo
2012-08-07, 09:56 AM
Does the Druid have an animal companion? Or do they have the domain? How about an Amulet that adds one effective level to the animal companion, or adds one effective level to the Domain powers. Unless you are looking for already existing magic item.

That would be shiney enough for me with out being to over powered, I would think.

darni
2012-08-07, 11:21 AM
Does the Druid have an animal companion? Or do they have the domain?

Sorry, forgot to mention this. Water domain.

How about an Amulet that adds one effective level to the animal companion, or adds one effective level to the Domain powers. Unless you are looking for already existing magic item.

Custom magic item is fine, and improving level of domain powers sounds interesting, thanks.