PDA

View Full Version : IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago-Downtown Trouble

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-06, 01:26 PM
Behind Schedule again.:smallfurious: I need magic pills that give me more time/energy/money/IQ/etc.

Don't count on us using this IC thread forever, so just put OOC comments in spoilers. Or if you have a really big question, post it in the recruitment thread.

Welcome to downtown Chicago. The day is June 9th, 2012. A Saturday.

We find ourselves with two lone Garou. Laughs-at-Blood, and Heart of the Storm. Although of two completely different tribes, the two have latched onto one another rather quickly. Both, for various reasons, have a unexplainable desire to go downtown and experience what the heart of a big city is really like. Neither have a car, and neither really have much in the way of money. And so, this is how this unlikely pair met two days ago.

Laughs at blood attempted to take the train into the heart of the city. However he made a mistake and took a train leaving for the suburbs. With not enough money to get back, he found himself stranded at the train Station temporarily. The same night, heart of the storm decided to go down to the station and look at the schedule. Thus, both were at the station and both spotted something they had not seen before. A vampire.

The two Garou independently spotted a careless vampire feeding off a woman, her quiet moans of ecstasy the thing that caught your attention. Converging on the scum at the same time basically, together you easily ripped the blood sucker apart, and his corpse changed to dust in seconds. The woman ran off dazed, confused, and likely in Delirium. On his body, they found 200 bucks. After deciding to split the winnings, they also discovered their common goal. So it was decided that they go downtown, together, even if they split ways afterwards.

Having arrived downtown, the two have had a chance to look around. The world frightens you both. Pedistrians all around you, horns blaring regularly, sirens of emergency vehicles randomly going by, and the air thick and dirty tasting. Being a Garou, this has not been a fun trip for you. And you have yet to look into the Umbra. It is something you have been putting off, for fear of the stories.

It is now about 430 pm, and the pair has walked into a bar & eatery called 'The Boar's Den'. It caught your eye, because you both have had dreams of a Boar lately. Only four people seem to be in here that you can see, two other patrons eating near the front, your waitress, and a bartender who looks to be in his 50's. He seems to have given you a look or two since you entered. Otherwise the place is relatively quiet at the moment, and you find yourself trying to understand the sports game that is playing on the TV. The only other thing of interest is the western wall of the establishment, which is covered entirely out of a mirror.

You have a maximum of 3 hours if you want to be on the last train leaving the city before sundown.

daelrog
2012-08-06, 08:27 PM
Laughs at Blood scoffed at the taste of the beer. "I thought this stuff was supposed to be good." He put it down, eyeing it with disfavor. He gave a wicked grin at Heart of the Storm. "Perhaps this is Gaia's vengeance against man, forcing them to like the taste of piss water?" He wasn't a particularly attractive Garou in any of his forms. He had red, messy hair, a splattering of freckles across his face, and dark, beedy eyes. Laughts at Blood almsot smelled like dirt.

His name made perfect since given his tribe was the Red Talons, and his auspice was Ragabash. He moved his hand to rub his temples. His senses had been sorely tested. All the honking, talking, yelling, screaming, crashing, wailing.

"I would like to speak with one of the two tribes to see how they survive in this jungle." He was referring to the Glass Walkers and Bone Gnawers."

BananaPhone
2012-08-07, 05:11 AM
Lifa followed Laughs-at-Blood into the establishment and quietly observed its contents before pulling herself up at the bar. Of rather cosmopolitan origins, she had expected relief when returning to a cityscape, but had instead been left troubled. The noise and the clutter had been abrasive to the Garou's awakened spiritual senses.

"Don't bother with piss-flavored-water here. Try the spirits." Lifa commented to Laughs-at-Blood, her first example of a Red Talon companion. She didn't know what to make of him so far, and what little she had been informed of his tribe eluded to a point that she'd be hated on sight.

The tall Garou gestured with her small glass as she took back her scotch-on-the-rocks. Out of the pair, she appeared the much cleaner and more civilised. With raven-hair pulled back into a ponytail, angular features, intense blue eyes and a tall athleticism, she wouldn't look amiss jumping from the prow of a longboat, swinging an axe around her head. For now, however, she'd have to settle for jeans, boots and trim jackets and leave the chainmail for another time.

"Hive." Lifa commented, her accent soft but distinct, "I've always thought of it as more like a hive."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-08, 03:10 PM
The waitress walks over holding two drinks you didn't order. "Excuse me. The bartender over heard your complaints of the Beer, and thought you would like to try these Lagers. He said he was certain you would like it better."

When you look over, the old man just smiles at you and goes back to cleaning the counter. You were certain you were speaking quiet enough that he couldn't have heard you though...

daelrog
2012-08-08, 08:35 PM
Laughs at Blood frowned. It looked much the same. However, the bartender had unsually good ears for a human. "You try first." He nudged the lager over to his companion.

He wanted to use his heightened sense gift, his senses as a homid were petty in comparison. Still, he was curious about the bartender. The Ragabash tried to observe his surroundings for anything out of place, particularly the bartender. He certainyl didn't expect them to pay for these drinks, did he?

Perception + Alertness = 7
[roll0]

BananaPhone
2012-08-08, 11:23 PM
Life looked down at the two brews and immediately decided against drinking either one of them. Having recently helped disable a predator ring that used drugs to incapacitate their victims, Lifa was a little too cautious to be accepting "free" drinks from strangers. Especially ones that could listen in at that distance.

"Lager?" Lifa asked rhetorically to the waitress before she had time to turn, "I'm not going to footy. Make it a pair of black rum and cokes please and you've got a deal."

She then prepared herself to watch the bartender like a hawk.

BananaPhone
2012-08-08, 11:24 PM
Edit: double post.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-09, 01:07 PM
The bartender nods, and begins making you your drinks. As he does, you notice he shakes his head slightly, perhaps in disappointment. After a few moments he brings the drinks over himself, placing them down and pausing to witness your approval.

Roll Perception and Alertness for something completely unrelated to this guy.

BananaPhone
2012-08-09, 05:33 PM
Lifa takes a sip of the beverage and savors the taste, gesturing to Laughs-at-blood to try it out too.

"What's the occasion?" she asks the bartender with a neutral tone.

1d10=9, 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=10, 1d10=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3646284/)

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-09, 07:24 PM
"What's the occasion? What do you mean? I just don't like people buying cheap beer and then knocking it for what it is..." He says before before turning his head at the bathroom door.

Both He and Lifa notice that the bathroom door suddenly cracks quietly open.

Also, that is the weirdest way I have ever seen someone roll. Do you not know the dice rolling code for GiTP. It's "xd10"

BananaPhone
2012-08-09, 07:44 PM
"It's that easy to get free drinks?" Lifa's attitude suddenly shifted as she perked up with a small smile.

"Well, in that case - " she started with a playful grin before her attention was pulled towards the bathroom door.

OOC:
(I know it, but it kinda hates me, so I've usually used invisible castle. (it's got a search function too to protect against cheating) Would you prefer I use the forum roller?)

daelrog
2012-08-09, 07:58 PM
Perception+Alertness=7
[roll0]

"Knocking it?" Laughs at Blood tried to put the expression together, grinning when a clicked, at least most of the way. Not a bad choice of words really.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-09, 10:41 PM
It is my preference, but it is not a requirement. Everyone uses it so we just take the bad with the good. And since this isn't d20, situations seem to ride on one die roll much less.

It takes Laughs a minute longer to notice, but eventually he notices it too. The three of you all watch as two individuals emerge from the girls bathroom. A guy in his early twenties, and a girl who looks to be in her mid teens. None of you saw them go in there, and you've been here at least 15-20 minutes.

daelrog
2012-08-09, 11:02 PM
Laughs at Blood shrugged. "Good for them." He knew enough about human sex from what the others had told him, to simply watching the adverstisement displayed all over the city to no it was a thing of pleasure, not reproduction. He'd have to try it sometime.

Distracted by the young couple and no longer overly concerned with the bartender's good ears, Laughs take two large swigs of his new drink. "Better. More alcohol."

BananaPhone
2012-08-09, 11:08 PM
Lifa peers in the couples direction with a scrutinising glare. It was a pairing that she had witnessed frequently during her rite of passage, and it was one that was likely deleterious in nature. Pimps pushing underage girls wasn't anything new, but it was something she could stop.

The Get of Fenris leaned in closer to the bartender and gestured surreptitiously with her forehead towards the two, "Do you know him?" she asked in a hushed and serious tone.

OOC:
Righteo, I'll use the forum one and try to, ahem, roll with the punches. Or claws, as it were.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-09, 11:10 PM
The bartender clears his throat and looks like he's about to say something, and then catches your question. He turns back and shakes his head. "No, do you?"

BananaPhone
2012-08-09, 11:21 PM
The fact that the bartender seemed unphased that a mid-twenties man and a mid-teens girl both left the bathroom after being in there, supposedly, for longer than 20 minutes raised a few questions in Lifa's head. Either something harmless just seemed sus, or...

"You don't find it odd...?" she carried on quietly to the bartender, once again implying the peculiarity of what they'd both just seen.

The tall Get pivoted on her bar-stool so that she faced the pair.

OOC:
(Could I get a description of the two?
OOC I think I've got a fairly good idea of what this place is and I don't want to be a pain, but IC Lifa would be much more cautious and suspicious of such a scene, especially given her backstory :smallsmile:)

daelrog
2012-08-09, 11:22 PM
Laughs at Blood finishes his drink quickly and then looks at the lager at the table. "I think I'll try this lager of yours too." He notices the question and cocern of the other two. "Should we be concerned about those two?" His question had a hint of violence in it as he began drinking some of the lager as well.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-09, 11:36 PM
If you guys would stop posting so much, I would edit the post with more detail as I originally intended. :smallwink:

The girl is in her mid teens, looks African American with a mix of something else, maybe Native Indian or Hispanic. She looks like she's got some filling out to do still, as she is a mix of scrawny despite being somewhat athletic looking. Her hair is coarse, thick, and very dark black and she keeps it cut short, as if she never really learned how to take care of it. She is wearing a black My Chemical Romance t-shirt, camouflage printed capris, and no shoes.

The man seems to be better groomed than the girl, a Caucasian male about the same height as Laughs. He wears casual slacks and a casual T shirt with nothing distinguishing about it. He strikes you as just an average guy off the street. But he is clearly not this girls father if that is what you're wondering.

BananaPhone
2012-08-09, 11:55 PM
While keeping her blue eyes focused on the pair, Life reclined her head over her shoulder to speak softly at Laughs-at-blood.

"Maybe. What do you make of it?"

daelrog
2012-08-10, 12:15 AM
"Normal acitivities of humans." He chuckles. "Though if you'd listen to my clanmates, you'd think there would be five pairs all mixing and mating together in a pile on the floor for all to see."

He glanced casually at the pair walking out. He was also aware of the debate of age appropriateness. Another human concept.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-10, 10:18 PM
The girl approaches the three of you, and looks nervous as hell.
"That meat smells delicious. Um, my friend and I don't eat pork. It-it isn't pork, is it? We, well, we don't eat pork because its disrespectful to Uncle Boar, y'know? Um," She says while blushing, not able to finish the thought well.

The Bartender continues to smile at them as if he knows something you don't, and motions for them to take a table. "Ah, he said some of his children were coming today. I assumed it was these two." He laughs. "No, no pork products here. Even the hot dogs are all beef. Can I get you two some burgers and fries? You look hungry?"

The two happily agree, and the Bartender wanders back into the kitchen to place their order. You find yourselves staring at each other now...

BananaPhone
2012-08-10, 11:17 PM
OOC:
(Rolling Int + Occult to put 2 + 2 together about Uncle Boar and the ban on eating pork products...plus our recent dreams of pigs and all the mirrors about:
6d10

Edit: for gods sake work roller: 6d10

Edit 2: I hate this forum roller: 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=10, 1d10=1, 1d10=5, 1d10=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3648238/)

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-10, 11:27 PM
Yeah, it doesn't let you roll dice with edits. or edit dice rolls. lol.

But yes, you have put 2 and 2 together.

BananaPhone
2012-08-10, 11:47 PM
(haha, yeah I'll just make a new post next time.)

Things swiftly click in Lifa's head as to what's really happening. The mirrors everywhere, the cryptic-knows-something-you-don't attitude of the bartender, the strange emergence of these two from the bathroom, her recent dreams of piggies...the words of the scrappy looking girl.

To the outside world Lifa seemed to stare intensely at the two of them for an uncomfortable amount of time. Secretly, however, she was trying to figure out what to do. Apart from Laughs-at-blood, she'd never met anyone outside of her original Sept...she hadn't the first clue to open up and leave a decent impression.

Damnit Lifa, she scolded herself silently, stop flushing like a giggly school-girl and say something.

Taking a sip of her rum-and-coke and placing it down gently, Lifa swaps her gaze between the two of them.

"It's always pleasant to feel expected and welcome." she utters quietly, referring to the bartenders anticipatory words. In addition, she tones down her accent.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-12, 03:38 PM
"S-so..." the young girl says uncertainly, "do you c-come here often?" She smiles, her joke hanging in the air

daelrog
2012-08-13, 01:53 AM
Laughs let out a good natured sigh, the lager was better, much, much better. He could get used to this stuff. Clearly the weaver had already taken his soul, he mused internally.

"No. Do you mate with that man often?" He gestured to the man who walked out of the bathroom with her. Though he kept his face neutral, there was a wicked grin in his eyes. He took another drink.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-13, 02:13 AM
My apologies. I over looked the fact you drank the Lager. It is the best alcoholic drink you have ever tasted. It's taste is unlike anything you have ever drank. It's almost as if you were drinking... a nice juicy roast, it tastes that good. And most alcohol doesn't affect Garou that well. Their metabolism is much too high. This stuff, you feel a buzz coming over you after the second drink.

BananaPhone
2012-08-13, 02:19 AM
Lifa took another sip of her drink and quietly observed the exchange between Laughs-at-blood and the stuttering girl. She wasn't sure yet whether Laughs was being deliberately cheeky or if his question was a glimpse at the straightforward naivety of a lupus.

"Didn't even see you come in." Lifa added.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-13, 10:07 AM
"M-m-m-mate!?" The girl stammers, and begins looking ever more uncomfortable. Either in horror of what was said, or because she's mentally slow, she leaves her mouth hanging open for a moment.
Rather than respond, for the moment she just begins fiddling with the place settings.

At your question and more at her response, the male begins laughing. When his laughing starts to die down, he simply says "No,"

It is clear however that you have upset the young girl, as she seems quite distraught.

daelrog
2012-08-13, 08:38 PM
Just in case you didn't see, I edited my post about the lager.

Laughs at Blood snickers. "I see. You are not to his liking. My apologies." He is thoroughly enjoying himself.

BananaPhone
2012-08-13, 08:48 PM
So Laughs was employing his dark sense of humor. Lifa would've smiled if she hadn't had thought it'd frighten the girl off for good. She did look slightly amused however.

"So," Lifa started after Laugh's had had his fun, "Tell me about this uncle of yours. Is he Jewish?"

Lifa sipped her drink, watching both of their reactions carefully.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-13, 08:59 PM
The man shakes his head at Laughs obvious teasing of the two. "No, not in that way." he states. "As to our uncle," he adds, turning to Lifa. "It's something like that."

"Ii-its illegal!" the young girl exclaims. A look of shock on her face.

daelrog
2012-08-13, 09:52 PM
Having gotten as much as he can from the moment he lets the matter go. He looks between Life and the man. "Clearly this is no ordinary place. This lager is too good to be for normal men, and you two are speaking in code. That and all this talk of pigs." Laughs is drunk now, and the pieces aren't quite fitting together, though he knows the pieces are there.

BananaPhone
2012-08-13, 10:32 PM
"Bars and pigs tend to go hand in hand." Lifa added quickly with a small smirk, while keeping her eyes on the other fellow and the younger girl.

"Yes, it is. His children are not for consumption, nor hunting, are they?"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-14, 12:23 AM
The man laughs right back along with the drunk Laughs. "It certainly is an interesting place," he says. "And an interesting day other than this."

The girl remains quite, still looking back and forth between the three of you.

In response to Lifa's question, the man says "Not for us, no," With a bit of a smile "I disagreed with the decision at first, but I've gotten used to it."

BananaPhone
2012-08-15, 07:17 AM
OOC:
I didn't see the edit!

Lifa returns the smile. "I'm Lifa," she introduces herself. It was exciting meeting more members of the nation!

"I doubt that coincidences have conspired to bring myself and this bloke here."

Lifa paused briefly, allowing it to sink in before continuing.

"And you two are?"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-15, 11:53 AM
"I'm Jason Davis," he replies to Lifa. "I doubt that coincidence is behind us being here as well."

By this point, I think everyone has figured it out. So why don't you hop over to their IC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245929&page=7) so I can stop translating.:smallbiggrin:

And the OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245577&page=4)

BananaPhone
2013-01-04, 12:24 PM
(we're posting here now - groovy)

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-05, 01:43 AM
So Jason puts the group in a Hotel for the night. When Jason awakes, he notices a message from Deep Fang. To his disappointment, it's not what he hopes to hear. "Jason, I'm calling to tell you that you and the others have till after the moot to get your stuff out of the house. I've instructed the others to not give you trouble."

In addition, upon waking Friday morning, you all can feel that Boar's blessing has been removed from you. (No more +1 stamina).

hayabusa
2013-01-05, 05:53 PM
Jason awakens from his slumber and sees the message, mentally adding one of those small U-Haul trailers to his list of things to get, since he doubts that he can fit everything inside of his room into his car. Two trips, though... He decides against it, wanting to save enough money to put down the deposit on a decent apartment. He heads down to the local convenience store and grabs a newspaper, looking through the classifieds for apartments in his price range.

Two dots in Resources.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-05, 06:30 PM
Two dots in resources can find you a really nice studio, a mediocre one bedroom, or a poorly maintained two bedroom apartment.

BananaPhone
2013-01-06, 11:13 PM
Sitting on one of the beds within the motel room they'd rented, Lifa absentmindedly bounces a little rubber ball off of the ceiling and catches it. She repeats this often while thinking of the ritual she'd have to conduct to contact a particular spirit.

hayabusa
2013-01-07, 06:09 PM
"Here's what I've been able to find," Jason says as he sits a cup of coffee down on the stand next to him. He hands the piece of notebook paper to others so they can see.

daelrog
2013-01-08, 07:25 PM
Laughs look at the piece of paper and shrugs. "Which one is closest to the wyld? I see size and street, but not whether we can expect spirits to be nearby, how thick the shroud is." He took a glance again at them. "Let's see these places in person."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-09, 02:31 AM
Provided Jason agrees, the group can spend the day looking for a place to live. The studio is downtown, and oddly catches Jason's favor. The other two are in the suburbs, but urban enough where it's likely Laugh's isn't going to like either one that well. Think population 20,000 city. As a city goes, it's rather small. But for a Red Talon... that's pretty damn crowded.

hayabusa
2013-01-09, 10:48 AM
"I'd personally like the downtown one," Jason says after they return to their motel room. No doubt after the stares he gets from the other Garou in the room, he shrugs his shoulders slightly. "Well, I would..."

"The two bedroom one would probably be the best, I know it's a bit more urban than you're likely to enjoy, but it's the largest house with more rooms, not as good a neighborhood where we'd be likely to draw attention. What do you all think?"

BananaPhone
2013-01-09, 11:14 PM
Having grown up in upper-middle class suburbs, Lifa didn't particularly entertain the idea of living downtown in some smoggy, crowded ghetto. But, situation being what it was...

Looking at Laughs she shrugged her shoulders, "Sorry bud, but it's the best out of a crappy situation."

daelrog
2013-01-10, 10:18 PM
Laughs was none pleased with the situation. "All your shelters stink of webs. I'll survive with whatever place you choose."

BananaPhone
2013-01-11, 08:36 AM
Lifa raised a slender black eyebrow and smirked in amusement.

"Our shelters?" she said "We're all a fusion between the spirit of man and wolf. None of us are human here."

hayabusa
2013-01-11, 01:31 PM
"I still want to be close to the city," Jason says as he takes back the notebook and sets it down on the table next to him. I don't know if it's my tribe in me, or my own city upbringing, but I like it. Besides, suburban life hasn't hurt us before."

daelrog
2013-01-11, 08:10 PM
Laughs nodded to Life. She had him there. He had tried to keep a more open mind than most of his tribe. He was likely the only Red Talon to come to Chicago for a different purpose than war for generations, but then again perhaps it was war after all. He was trying, but it was... difficult. Perhaps it was best Jason had not challenged Deep Fang after all, what his fellow Red Talons would think if they heard a Glass Walker encouraged by one of their own. Still, Laughs was rectifying the situation.

He sighed at Jason's comment. "I am going to pretend you suggested to be further within the city for its strategic location. I'll pretend you said that these times demand courage, and we must face the Wyrm in its own den. Fine, the inner city it is."

hayabusa
2013-01-11, 10:08 PM
"It's a studio apartment," Jason says. "It would practically be impossible for all of us to live in that comfortably. Hell, it was about as big as this room and half of the next one."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-12, 07:16 AM
Personally I think Garou can handle closer quarters than humans. They are pack animals/creatures after all. But a studio certainly isn't big.

Who is voting for what? I think Jason is pushing for the run down two bedroom, correct?

hayabusa
2013-01-15, 01:45 PM
Personally I think Garou can handle closer quarters than humans. They are pack animals/creatures after all. But a studio certainly isn't big.

Who is voting for what? I think Jason is pushing for the run down two bedroom, correct?

Yes, that is my vote.

BananaPhone
2013-01-15, 06:42 PM
.Seconded.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-15, 06:59 PM
Alright, it is currently Friday. The moot is Saturday. Does Jason sign the lease that day or wait til Monday?

Also, anything anyone else would like to do with the rest of the day?

hayabusa
2013-01-15, 08:07 PM
Alright, it is currently Friday. The moot is Saturday. Does Jason sign the lease that day or wait til Monday?

Also, anything anyone else would like to do with the rest of the day?

Probably sign it on Monday. We'd also have to pay a local cheap furniture store a visit to get a couch, television, beds and bookcases at the least. Probably a chair as well.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-15, 08:32 PM
I was assuming you were looking for furnished. If you want unfurnished, you can find a place out of the ghetto. You may not be able to afford lots of furniture right away though.

Oddly enough, you can find a old style big bulky TV & a couch with little monetary investment.

Edit: Yeah, if you go the unfurnished route you will be sleeping on just a mattress for a while.

hayabusa
2013-01-15, 08:57 PM
I was assuming you were looking for furnished. If you want unfurnished, you can find a place out of the ghetto. You may not be able to afford lots of furniture right away though.

Oddly enough, you can find a old style big bulky TV & a couch with little monetary investment.

Edit: Yeah, if you go the unfurnished route you will be sleeping on just a mattress for a while.

Sorry, the majority of the apartments that I've seen personally have been unfurnished save for kitchen appliances. Yeah, the furnished ones are fine.

BananaPhone
2013-01-16, 06:24 PM
While out and about inspecting the future "pad", Lifa stood silently in the middle of one of the rooms. Arms folded and peering about her surroundings, she spoke her mind to Jason or Laughs when either of them came past for more than a second.

"So, do we return to Boar? The ex-chief screwed us out of his protection."

Add another reason why Deep Fang was a wanker, Lifa thought to herself.

hayabusa
2013-01-17, 09:14 PM
"I'm not a warrior," Jason tells the others. "Gaia knows that's why I couldn't just challenge Deep Fang. If we do fight, it can't be in the full-on assaults that Boar represents. When we strike against the Wyrm and its agents, it needs to be quick and decisive. A surgical strike before we fall back to strike again. That's Rat, and that's what I feel that I am. If you disagree, feel free to bring up any alternatives that would be go with our strengths and weaknesses."

daelrog
2013-01-17, 09:32 PM
Laughs sighed and leaned forward. He rested his chins on his hands in an awkward position which left him hunched over. "Deep Fang may be a warrior, but he's missing an arm. He is also a Shadow Lord. That's why I challenged him at the moot. It matters less who we follow, but what matters is that we don't leave the others to die."

hayabusa
2013-01-17, 09:44 PM
"You challenged him?" Jason looks shocked for a second before quickly regaining his composure. "I hope it goes well for you.

As for the others: no, I don't want them to die. The sad fact of it was that I was unable to convince them enough to leave. I didn't think that I could do anything else to help them."

BananaPhone
2013-01-17, 11:22 PM
Lifa listened to Jasons proposal for a new totem. It wasn't....exactly to her liking.

"We could seek the protection of Bear or Elephant." she spoke after Jason.

"Bear is a powerful guardian of the wilds whose touch is as mighty as it is gentle. We cannot always destroy destruction, so his ability to heal the lands and each other would prove invaluable."

She pauses briefly before continuing.

"Elephant is an old spirit - powerful and regal. Calm and reflective in times of peace, he is an indomitable foe when his ire is aroused. His knowledge of the arcane and mysterious of the would could prove insightful and the strength of body and personality that he endows is gravy."

When Laughs revealed that he was going to challenge Deep Fang at the moot, Lifa smirked slightly. Oh she would enjoy this.

"When you put Deep Fang in his place, you'll be able to direct the others away from the fate Jason has seen!" Lifa grins, patting Laughs on the shoulder.

"You'll be quite a hero buddy."

daelrog
2013-01-17, 11:57 PM
Laughs offers a small smile back at Lifa's words of encouragement, but it's more barring his teeth for the fight to come.

"You are wrong Glass Walker. You did everything you thought you could do that was easy. Words are easy. Going your own way is easy. I made the decision you would not. I don't like the idea of fighting an Ahroun. I don't like the idea of being Alpha, but unlike you I am willing to do things I don't like for the pack. You'd rather they die than assert yourself over them. That's all and good. You get the dreams, I'll make the assertion." He glanced to Life. "Not bear. Bear is strong, but I'm an outcast enough without turning to him."

hayabusa
2013-01-18, 07:04 PM
"That is absolute bull****!" Jason says to Laugh's accusation. "Do you think that it was easy to turn against a friend of mine? Or to see another friend stay in what I believe would be her death? I have another chance at the moot that I was going to take to convince Softpaws and the others to join us."

daelrog
2013-01-18, 11:32 PM
"What will you say that has not already been spoke, Galliard? Can you speak with a strong voice at the Moot, or will you be as uncertain as before? No, we tried your way it did not work.

"Jason, you seem to feel that it was noble what you did. I have read the stories, many lupines do silly thing for the sake of honor. There aren't enough of us left though. The Wyrm is winning, and we cannot afford to lose wolves over matters of pride."

hayabusa
2013-01-25, 08:56 PM
Oops, somehow managed to miss this.

"I will speak with as powerful voice as I can at the moot," Jason replies to Laughs. "But you do what you feel needs to be done."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-27, 01:15 AM
The moot (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14601226#post14601226)is finally up.