PDA

View Full Version : Can magical staves be enchanted? (3.5/PF)

Griffin
2012-08-06, 05:28 PM
As simple as the tittle says, can a magical staff with charges (lets say as an example the Staff of Fire from PF) be enchanted with properties? does it count as +1 already or do you have to add the +1 and then the property?

If you are curious, I want to add the +4 initiave property from the MIC

Urpriest
2012-08-06, 06:15 PM
Many staves already have some enhancement or another listed in their description. If not, you'd have to pay for the +1.

Agent 451
2012-08-06, 08:22 PM
Not sure about PF, but in 3.5 one of the material components for a staff is a quarterstaff. Thus, all staves should be able to take weapon enhancements, like any other weapon. You could also add a wand chamber on each end for fun and profit.

HunterOfJello
2012-08-07, 01:05 AM
In 3.5 they can be. I won't make any claims about PF since I don't know it well enough. Actually, each side of the staff can be enchanted and must be enchanted seperately. The limitation of 200,000gp max cost is still present however.

What your DM might think about a magical staff with a wand chamber also in it is another matter. (It is definitely viable by RAW, but DMs with opinions on magic might have objections.)