PDA

View Full Version : Waker's Next Project Part Deux

Waker
2012-08-06, 07:17 PM
Well, I finally got around to posting the behemoth class I promised weeks ago, though real life has prevented me from completing it. When I do eventually finish the class, I'll need to have some idea of what I'll work on after that. So I once again will leave it to you to decide my next project. This time I'll give you a few more of the choices that are on my project list.
The rules are the same as before, whichever class gets the most attention will be my next project. If there are multiple classes that you like, you may vote for up to three.

Celestial Spirit Mage- Inspired by the Summon Hero thread, I decided to take a crack at making the summoning mage from the Fairy Tail manga. As the class levels, they craft keys that allow them to form contracts with outsiders. The class abilities center around Silver Keys, which summon lesser entities and the rarer Gold Keys, which summon the most powerful spirits. The primary job of the class is to summon outsiders which can cast spells or wade into combat. Goal Tier 2-3.

Gambler: The master of luck and improvised weaponry. The class is able to force rerolls, possesses a wide range of skills and access to a limited list of magic chosen randomly from a deck of cards. The primary job of the class is to be a skill monkey and combatant. Goal Tier 3-4.

Meister: The second manga inspired class. Fans of Soul Eater (also perhaps Bleach) might like this class which bonds to a chosen weapon and imbue it with essentia. The class abilities will focus on their weapon familiar and on shaping soulmelds. The primary job of the class is to serve as a combatant and backup skill monkey. Goal Tier 3-4

Researcher: A researcher is a man devoted to science, using a combination of alchemy and technology to augment their body. As you level up, you become more and more like a construct. The primary job of the class is to serve as a combatant and skill monkey. Goal Tier 3-4.

Sin Eater: A sin eater is a class that focuses on using powerful magic to cleanse the souls of their foes and convert them to the path of righteousness. For an idea of the class abilities look at the Sin Eater archetype for the PF Inquisitor class as well as the Sin Eater prc from Dragon 315. The primary job of the class is to serve as a combatant and skill monkey. Goal Tier 3-4.

Shen: A class inspired by the prc of the same name from Dragon 319. The Shen is a martial arts master who can transform into their style's patron creature. Each animal style has their own unique abilities. The primary job of the class is to serve as a combatant and skill monkey. Goal Tier 3-4.

If you have any questions or want more details about a class, feel free to ask.

Zale
2012-08-06, 08:40 PM
Celestial Spirit Mage- Inspired by the Summon Hero thread, I decided to take a crack at making the summoning mage from the Fairy Tail manga. As the class levels, they craft keys that allow them to form contracts with outsiders. The class abilities center around Silver Keys, which summon lesser entities and the rarer Gold Keys, which summon the most powerful spirits. The primary job of the class is to summon outsiders which can cast spells or wade into combat. Goal Tier 2-3.

That looks awesome.

Meister: The second manga inspired class. Fans of Soul Eater (also perhaps Bleach) might like this class which bonds to a chosen weapon and imbue it with essentia. The class abilities will focus on their weapon familiar and on shaping soulmelds. The primary job of the class is to serve as a combatant and backup skill monkey. Goal Tier 3-4

OMIGOD! YES! YES! A MILLION TIMES YES!

Waker
2012-08-06, 08:45 PM
I figured I'd get at least a few manga fans clamoring for those two classes. Did you have any questions about the classes or are you content to just squee about it a bit?

Zale
2012-08-06, 09:04 PM
I figured I'd get at least a few manga fans clamoring for those two classes. Did you have any questions about the classes or are you content to just squee about it a bit?

Incarnum seems like a good fit for Meisters. I'm interested to see how you handle Weapons being normally human.

Waker
2012-08-06, 10:05 PM
Incarnum seems like a good fit for Meisters. I'm interested to see how you handle Weapons being normally human.
Yeah, I thought that Incarnum would be the best fit for representing the whole soul-related abilities schtick. The class will have a mix of Incarnate and Soulborn melds with perhaps a few homebrew ones if I'm not too lazy. And in case you are wondering, I do plan on making up a feat that allows a Meister to have two weapon familiars.
As far as the weapons shapeshifting, I will most likely have them be intelligent items that can assume the animal form of a wizard's familiar. If I do allow a full humanoid form, it will most likely be gained from a feat or perhaps a PrC that expands on the class abilities.

Nihilarian
2012-08-06, 11:22 PM
Celestial Spirit Mage. Looking forward to seeing it.

bobthe6th
2012-08-06, 11:42 PM
meister had me thinking the night angel trilogy... damn.

Waker
2012-08-10, 10:00 PM
My internet has been wonky for the past few days, but I do still plan on updating my Behemoth class soon.
Assuming Zale's comment about the Celestial Spirit Mage was a vote for it, that class is currently in the lead.

God Imperror
2012-08-10, 10:05 PM

I always wanted to give a try on building something like this since I played a campaign where the players were summoned from different points in the multiverse, so please give this a try and expect PEACHing on my part. :smallsmile: