PDA

View Full Version : Fall of Illanthar D&D 3.5

Nagato434
2012-08-06, 07:29 PM
THOROAR

“You have to find them now."
Thoroar stood in front of the marketplace, the lights illuminating his position in the night. "The demons are coming more quickly than I anticipated, and I don’t have the power to keep them at bay anymore. A lot of people will get hurt if you fail. All three of them can see the guide I placed on the capitol building, and shall go there to investigate. Above all, Thoroar,” she added, “you and the others must stay safe. You cannot take unnecessary risks. Do you understand me?” At that point, the spire of the capitol building is surrounded by a cloud of dark, blue smoke, visible only because of the eerie light it gives off in the darkness.
IKARIUS

Ikarius is at the cloister of Forthrin Naubryn when he suddenly sees the spire of the Capitol building glow with a beautiful, green light.
ROSENROT
Rosenrot is inside the marketplace circle, a few feet away from Thoroar’s position, when she sees the spire of the Capitol building glow with a bright, berry-pink light. A shiver of unprovoked excitement crawls down her spine.
FENG
Feng is leaving the marketplace circle when he sees a dark, red miasma fall onto the capitol building’s spire. A shiver of unprovoked fear crawls down his spine.

Ballista
2012-08-06, 08:43 PM
Ikarius could only look up as the building shed its green radiance across the horizon, a slight hint of fear slides down the man's spine but he thought better of it and swallowed the apprehension. He pats the handle of the longsword sheathed at his side, a bit of a habit he picked up from the journey across the seas. Ikarius mutters something under his breath;
"It would seem that the time has arrived..."
He turns on the spot, his white cape billowing in response as he walks through the arcade surrounding bordering the cloister to where his steed was stabled. Patting the dark colored bay on the snout, he checks his lance to ensure it is securely fastened and heaves his armored body onto the saddle.
Come on girl, we shall see if Forthrin Naubryn has answered our prayers.
He rides towards the heart of the city, to the capital building.

Medic!
2012-08-06, 11:05 PM
Thoroar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427992)

Thoroar smiles, basking in God's presence for a moment. He rises to his feet, dusting his robe off, and gives a nod, seemingly to no-one.

He speaks to the air, seemingly to anyone who cares to listen, AYE God, we gonna be fine! Livin to serve, goin to meet our flock. Gonna get my things, and we go!

He snickers as though he's made an extremely clever joke, tightens the rope length serving as his belt, and declares loudly into the night All packed! We go!

Thoroar begins purposefully striding towards the Capitol Building, watchful for danger, hopeful for salvation from the demon threat, and humming a hymn to his God...everyone's God.

ben-zayb
2012-08-07, 12:15 AM
"Ooh!! I wonder what that sparkling's about?"

Rosenrot finds herself instantly mesmerized by the light. She could barely contain all the excitement in her mind. She hurriedly picks up her stuff, intent on heading out and finding what's happening to the spire. Floods of ideas and theories are already filling her head.

Could it be demon related... Or maybe some magical traces left by a powerful being... Or an apparition of gods... Which one, then? Vathra'Tek or Laeen? Aah! I better--

"AYE God, we gonna be fine! Livin to serve, goin to meet our flock. Gonna get my things, and we go!"

"All packed! We go!"
She snaps back to reality as someone's loud voice echoes in her head. She realizes that an orcish fellow, who seems to be talking to 'some God' earlier, is also now heading towards the capitol.

Did he also see the pink light? Was he talking to Vathra'Tek? Or maybe Laeen, he doesn't look evil anyway... Now what should I do?

Rosenrot decides, despite her growing anticipation, to follow the orc surreptitiously for as long as he is heading towards the same place as her. She tries to blend with the crowd and look as normal as possible--a feat which might be quite impossible to do in a public place considering her unique pig-tailed pink hair and her clothing lavishly adorned with a sinister and dark motif.

Sir_Gabes
2012-08-07, 05:10 AM
Feng squints as he watches the red miasma descend onto the tower. The crawling feeling was almost unfamiliar to him. He knew something bad was coming and he needed to be there. The rage inside him screamed to be let out. It felt like a beast tearing at the inside of his skull. Something felt wrong. He was sure the blasted magi were doing something foolish. Most likely something to do with demons. He will do his best to protect the civilians should the worst happen. Feng looked around to see if anyone else was noticing the strange light show.

"Oi! Anyone have any idea what that red light on the big spire is?!"

Feng was abrupt and straightforward alot of people would probably think he's a madman. Most people were uncomfortable around Half-Ogres at best. Let alone one raving about some dark red light.

Nagato434
2012-08-07, 03:02 PM
The others shrugged and turned away, whispering to themselves about the mad half-Ogre shouting about lights and capitol buildings. It becomes obvious that no one in Feng's general vicinity has any idea what he's talking about.

Sir_Gabes
2012-08-08, 01:08 PM
Feng shrugged as the busy market dismissed him. Maybe he was going insane. There is only one way to find out. Hoisted his heavy pack over his shoulder like it was filled with paper and started heading towards the capitol spire. The crowd parted around as he moved forward. Feng was on guard now. This was some foreign sorcery and it scared him.

Nagato434
2012-08-08, 07:09 PM
The party struggles through a crowd of obviously-panicked civilians. When they arrive at the capitol building they see the cause: a man with bright, red skin seems to be waiting there with his companions. Beside him stands the reanimated corpse of a bear, infested with death-crows and covered in open sores. A few crows pick at the bear's flesh, leaving boils behind.

The man to turn towards the party. "How inconvenient. Get rid of them, Atholme."

The bear growls and lunges in the party members' direction.

(Battle: START!)

Medic!
2012-08-08, 07:29 PM
Initiative roll!
Assuming we're doing our own inits, if not, ignore please! [roll0]

Thoroar bellows DEVIL-WORK! My flock will not fall while God protects us! He looks about hastily trying to locate the flock God promised him, while bringing his quarterstaff to the ready.

His eyes constantly shift between the bear and the man with red skin, as if trying to decide what to do.

Ballista
2012-08-08, 09:15 PM
Riding up through the market district, Ikarius slowly trudged through a sea of men pouring out of the area in a panic. Tightening his grip on the reins, Ikarius attempts to hold his steed on course without tramping the civilians underfoot.
"There must be quite an uproar at the capitol building... Come on girl, onward."

Arriving within sight of the magnificent building, Ikarius immediately notices the red man standing before a group of men. Something else came into the Templar's view, an ursine abomination of rotting flesh and cysts.
"A denizen of the Nine Hells? Or perhaps a simple fool cultist... It would be best to know mine enemy."
Knowledge, The Planes: Determine the the type of outsider [roll0]
Initiative:: [roll1]

Nagato434
2012-08-09, 01:29 AM
The clouds of dark energy around the man make it obvious that he is of demonic stock, though he doesn't seem to be of any known rank or station.

Sir_Gabes
2012-08-09, 01:54 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Feng stepped out in front of the strangers. He knew it, bloody wizards and their dangerous magic caused this mess. He already had his chain drawn and was getting ready for an attack.

"I'm gonna send you and whoever let you into this world back to hell!"

The rage threatened at the edge of his mind. Like a dog waiting to be let of the leash to maul it's maste'rs enemies. Feng's mental instability was clear to any who saw his face. He grimaced as if he were trying hide his emotions. Feng hated the rage. It turned him into a hate filled beast.

ben-zayb
2012-08-12, 02:43 AM
Initiative:[roll0] (using wand of nerveskitter)

So it was a fiend after all! I would've given you a chance to explain yourself, but trying to get rid of someone is a bad way to break the ice.

After seeing the man and his foul creation, Rosenrot prepares herself and made a swift, effortless gesture with her held wand.

Nagato434
2012-08-12, 10:38 PM
Fighting order:
-Rosenrot
-Birds
-Red Man
-Ikarius
-Feng
-Thoroar
-Bear-thing

ben-zayb
2012-08-13, 04:16 AM
"Let's see who gets rid of whom, shall we?"

Rosenrot atempts to recognize specifically what kind of fiend this person is and what kind of magic might be at work here. After that, she begins humming obscure words and making weird gestures as if in a momentary trance. Mist enveloped the area near the red-skinned man and his grotesque companion.

The mist quickly dispersed however, revealing a vicious ape wrapped in wisps of deep-purple energy.

Free Action:
Knowledge (for info on the creatures): Arcana([roll0])/Religion([roll1])/the Planes([roll2])
Spell Craft (if they are animated/summoned, identify which spells the bear/crows are products of): [roll3]
Standard Action: Cast Summon Monster I (Fiendish Ape; add Augment Summoning bonus)
Free Action: Speak to the Ape

Fiendish Ape Stats (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Fiendish_Ape_%283.5e_Creature%29) (plus +4 to Str and Con due to Augment Summoning)"Show no mercy. Give him a taste of his own power", Rosenrot orders.

The ape roars fiercely as it wildly attacks the fiend.
Full Attack:
Claw 1: Attack([roll4]); Damage([roll5]); Crit, if ever ([roll6])
Claw 2: Attack([roll7]); Damage([roll8]); Crit, if ever ([roll9])
Bite: Attack([roll10]); Damage([roll11]); Crit, if ever ([roll12])

Syless
2012-08-14, 04:34 PM
The strange being easily dodges the summoned beast's swings. He (if that term even applies) steps back, his metal arm radiating with a blood-red light. He points past the ape, at Rosenrot, and a beam of light fires out of his arm as he smirks. The beam connects cleanly and a blinding flash of green light radiates from Rosenrot... but when the light fades, nothing has happened, save the smirk vanishing of the mysterious figure's face. Angry, he growls and waves his arm, and the half-dozen birds swarm towards the group, flying at Feng.

Rosenrot's ape and Feng get attacks of opportunity on the birds before their attacks resolve.

Bird 1- Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Bird 2- Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
Bird 3- Attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]
Bird 4- Attack: [roll6] Damage: [roll7]
Bird 5- Attack: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]
Bird 6- Attack: [roll10] Damage: [roll11]

Rosenrot-
The humanoid figure is as much of a mystery as ever, but the other fiends are easily recognizeable.

Carrion Fiends- Scavengers of the hells, these bird-like demons tend to latch on to a larger unintelligent demon and use them as a nest. Their primary battle tactic involves swarming the largest enemy target with superior numbers.

Bear Atholme- An Atholme is a type of undead, specially reanimated with demonic influence. They are no more powerful than an ordinary zombie, but they can be restored easily when exposed to the power of the hells.

Sir_Gabes
2012-08-14, 05:47 PM
Feng's spiked chain darted out, striking at his airborne enemies. The birds swooped to no avail, as his tough skin and Mithral armor weathered the blows.

None of those hit, I will spend all 3 of my AoO on Bird . If bird 1 dies I will move the attacks on to bird 2.

[roll0] Crit: [roll1] Damage: [roll2]
[roll3] Crit: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]
[roll6] Crit: [roll7] Damage: [roll8]

Nagato434
2012-08-14, 06:36 PM
The birds miss Feng entirely.

One of the birds manages to dodge his attack, but the other two are torn into pieces by Feng's chain. They disappear into a cloud of smoke.

The humanoid's expression quickly turns from anger to confusion. "How foolish," he puffs out, wrapping his fingers around his metal arm. "Let's see how fun this fight turns out to be."

ben-zayb
2012-08-14, 08:40 PM
After failing to hit his prey, the fiendish ape instinctively claws at one of the fleeting crows.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Crit(if it applies):[roll2]
As the green light fades away from Rosenrot, she tries to figure out what sort of fiendish magic it has done to her.

Spellcraft(if it applies):[roll3]
Knowledge(Arcana):[roll4]
Knowledge(the Planes):[roll5]
Knowledge(Religion):[roll6]
Knowledge(Nature):[roll7]

Medic!
2012-08-14, 11:44 PM
Thoroar takes a moment to absorb the chaos around him and let God direct him. When he again surveys the scene, one creature stands out more prominently than the others.

You! The red one! You...are...not...welcome...here... he spits each word as he stalks towards the red skinned "man" and bellows BE GONE! as he levels a punch for that vile red chin.

I don't know which maneuvers are granted yet, so going with a good old fashioned face-punch [roll0] if crit [roll1] and if it hit [roll2] and if crit add [roll3]. The strike is good aligned and +1 for DR purposes, and if it landed there's a DC 14 fort save or the creature takes 1d6+2+it's cha mod dex damage now, and save vs 2d6+2+it's cha mod dex damage in a minute from Golden Ice

Nagato434
2012-08-15, 02:08 AM
Rosenrot:
The man in red is obviously a warlock; the Eldritch energy surrounding him and you are unmistakable, and powerful to an extent that even you cannot fathom. The blast should have killed you and everyone around you, but it did not, for reasons that you cannot discern. The light surrounding you and your comrades is unmistakably good, seething in response to the loathsome wretch who stands before you.

Thoroar:
The attack connects, but doesn't leave a scratch on the man. He stares at the party, perplexed. "I cannot believe a Goddess would choose such weaklings to do her bidding. Do you really think that could hurt me, little boy, or are you so stupid that you cannot recognize your superiors? "

Sir_Gabes
2012-08-15, 02:40 AM
Feng steps forward ignoring the birds. He flourishes his chain and goes to trip the Red man.

DOWN YOU GO!!

Feng is stepping in 10 feet away from the red man. The remaining birds get AoOs. Feng is making a trip attack using improved trip.

[roll0] this is to see if my trip hits.
[roll1] this is my opposed strength check if I hit.
[roll2] this is the attack improved trip provokes if I trip him
[roll3] this is the damage of the attack.
[roll4] Crit

Nagato434
2012-08-20, 08:50 PM
The attacks bounce off the red-man easily.

Ballista
2012-08-23, 08:46 AM
Ikarius grabs the handle of the lance secured to the side of his saddle. With the weapon in hand, he lowers the polearm, aiming it at the bear-like abomination. With one hand still holding the reins, Ikarius silently charges at the undead hoping to pierce through the beast's head.

Full Round Action: Mounted Charge with Lance
Attack: [roll0]
Crit-Check: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]x2
Equates to 18 Damage