PDA

View Full Version : A Misadventure Like Non-Other (Solo, Nera)

Pages : [1] 2 3

ShadowySilence
2012-08-06, 09:51 PM
[Nera] (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=431581)

You are an initiate in the 5th Blackwing Aeronauts Squadron, the Blackwings are a mercenary group hired by the Brencian government to scout and patrol the islands and the surrounding airspace of the Norenax Islands. Your Squadron is composed of 3 airships, each holding 100 Aerosailors. The Aerosailors of the Blackwings are a rough and tumble bunch, whipped into shape by their strong Commanders. From all races and backgrounds, yet they all hold alliegiance to the Blackwings. It is your first real patrol, no more practices, and all things seem to be going as planned.

You have just finished your training, your past before the Blackwings long behind you, and now you await your first assignment. The Small Scouting vessel the Levia, a crew of 99, with you rounding it off to 100. There are two other ships by her sides, the Vixen, and the Norek, the other ships in 5th squadron.

The docks are abuzz with movement in the early morning air, the sound of men hauling crates and other dockyard duties rings in your ears.

You are at the start of the dock which is harboring the Levia, what do you do?

Linguz
2012-08-06, 11:04 PM
Nera walked towards the ship and stretched. Her backpack was loaded with her bedroll and armor, so her clothing was fully visible. Leather pants and simply a leather bra as a top. Behind her back was a greatbow, two quivers filled to the brim with arrows of different kinds, and a backpack loaded with her armor. At her waist were two items of interest. A sheathed kukri and the fang of a wolf hung at her belt. The fang held special meaning to her, as the trophy of the first hunt she did alone.

She cursed the task... of getting on the ship. Metal monstrosities, that's what her clan used to call them. Unnatural constructions, made by the races of this world that wished to fly like the birds. Raptorans already did that, and they were part birds. Nontheless, she placed her hand at the hilt of her kukri and headed on inside. Every step onto the beast rung out in her ears, getting on her nerve little by little.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 12:30 AM
As you step aboard the clanging of metal is even louder than on the docks. The ship is alive with movement of various peoples of many races. A man clearly marked with a red sash, which indicates he is an officer salutes as you approach. "Welcome aboard, and congratulations on finishing your training." He lowers his hand and laughs, you recognize it as Janus, the half-elf from your training class. "How are you doing, glad to finally be out?"

Linguz
2012-08-07, 12:42 AM
Nera does a passing salute as she approaches him. Nothing more than moving her hand to her forehead and doing the salute, but without stopping. "Yea, thanks. Sure, I'm glad to be out, not so much to be on this thing of metal." She doesn't stop moving once she passes him, having him walk with her if he wishes to speak. "How have the patrols been so far? I expect nothing of interest, correct?" She walked with a slight slouch, the result of 38 pounds on her back, yet she still walked faster than the half-elf, who would be forced to hustle slightly if he wanted to keep up. "I'm guessing hunting my own meals will still be impossible as well, can't wait to be on solid ground, that's not developed, again."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 12:53 AM
He does indeed hustle to keep up "Heh, you get used to being on the ship after a while, I find the humming of the engines soothing. But that aside, nothing of major interest at the moment, we're just off on some general scouting runs to remind the pirates we've got an eye on them and to help anyone who might need our service." He stumbles over his words as he speaks, having you walk past him caught him off-guard "I.. if you would wait a second, I am actually to show you around the ship and then take you to your quarters. And yes, hunting is not permitted on-board the ship or while on official business on land. When we go ashore however, there may be opportunities to hunt."

Linguz
2012-08-07, 01:06 AM
She waves, signalling him to go in front of him and show her the way, but making it obvious she wouldn't slow down. "Hunting isn't permitted while on official business on land? At all? Damn this entire squad, taking away plenty of one of the few joys in my life. Are the sleeping quarters here tiny or small?" She didn't expect them any larger, as most of this ship is most likely used for anything and everything else. "And I don't think I'll ever find the... engines, you called them, soothing. Unnatural, loud, not made for the hunt at all."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 01:29 AM
He tries to hurry ahead of her, just keeping up the pace "The sleeping quarters aren't the best, but they aren't as bad as some ships keep them." You walk past men and women lowering crates into a cargo area, and some men cleaning the side of the ship hanging from ropes. He continues speaking "Hopefully your attitude toward the engines can turn around, you'll be hearing them an awful lot." Eventually you go down a flight of stairs and through a mass of hallways until you reach an area with metal bunks, he stops in front of one and places his hand on it "This, this is your bunk. I'd suggest using your own bedroll and keeping it safe, some might try to steal it and leave you with a less than quality one."

The room is fairly small, and actually upon further inspection proves to actually just be a hallway with bunks in it. A bag to hang your things in hangs from the bunk off to the side. The bunk is metal, requiring a bed-roll for any comfort, but it is spacious enough to not be horribly uncomfortable to lie in. Your bunk is the top bunk from the look of it.

He then asks "Any questions?"

Linguz
2012-08-07, 01:39 AM
"Got it, don't leave anything in here." She looks at the bottom bunk before expressing her question, "Who'll be sleeping below me?"

[OOC question: How high is the second bunk and how high is the roof? Both from the ground up.]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 01:48 AM
He thinks for a moment, removing his hand from the bunk and scratching his stubbly chin "Hmm, I think your bunkmate is Erolt. He's one of the best Gunmen aboard, real quiet guy, a half-orc to be exact."

Linguz
2012-08-07, 01:56 AM
Nera nodded, registering that she understood. "Long as he keeps his hands off me, we should do fine. Any other place that you've been tasked with showing me?" Her hand went back to the blade's hilt and she leaned on the doorframe.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 02:02 AM
"I doubt he would do anything, when it isn't about a cannon he doesn't want much to do with it, so unless you're part cannon I wouldn't worry." He laughs awkwardly then adds "But if anything does come up, report it to any higher ranking member of the crew, we run a tight ship and won't tolerate such things."

He moves over down one of the hallways slightly then gestures for you to follow him "Follow me, we've got a lot of ship to see."

Areas he shows you:

-Kitchen/Galley
-Shows off the deck/captain's quarters, bridge
-Storage/hold/brig (jail)
-Gunrails (the area of the ship with the cannons, which take up multiple levels)
-Engine room/repair area
-Medic's room
-Officer's quarters

Linguz
2012-08-07, 02:22 AM
Her general comments:
Kitchen: "I'd still prefer to hunt and cook my own meals."
Galley: "Campfires and camps serve their purposes well enough, this room is unnecessary."
Deck: "Hmm... that's a nice sight, I've gotta say." She's talking about how far they can see.
Captain's Quarters: "As expected, his own room."
Bridge: "... next..."
Storage, Hold, Brig: She didn't comment on these places.
Engine Room: "Let's get outta here." She put her hands over her ears, trying to keep the engine's scream from her ears.
Repair Area: She didn't take much interest here.
Medic's Room: "They use magic or just mundane means of healing?"
Officer's Quarters: "So this is where you live? It's roomy...-er."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 02:49 AM
After the tour he brings you back to your bunk, the ship had set sail a short time ago and is now rocking slightly as it floats through the air. The engine's thrum is louder now that it is in motion. "Well that's Levia for you, she might not be the prettiest ship in the fleet, but she's a good one nonetheless. Now that that is over with, it is time to report to your duties. First you'll swab the deck, followed by cannon maintenance, after that you finish up with helping Cooky in the galley. These are just maintenance roles you will take on, you are still a scout of the Blackwings first and foremost."

Linguz
2012-08-07, 03:48 AM
"Yea, yea, yea. Gotta help around, can't be a freeloader." Once he leaves, she goes about her own way, heading to the deck.

Swabbing it wasn't as bad as she first expected. Honestly, if it wasn't for the repetitive nature of swabbing, she wouldn't have cared about doing it. But it is repetitive, very repetitive. And strict, apparently, as one has to swab in just the right way, or it'll come out differently than if she does it some other way. And the fact that the soap stuck to her fur more so than it would've to skin. Scrubbing... then off to get cleaned to be able to maintain cannons. The view when she cleaned the edges of the ship, at the very least, was nice.

Cannon mainteinance was, at the very least, less repetitive. She had to keep track of different parts of the cannon, keeping different areas ready to use, so each new cannon was a host of new problems, not the same ones over and over. Again, the view was nice, but again, the job left her too filthy to do the next, so back to getting clean.

Helping Cooky... while similar to swabbing... was a new thing every day, for the most part. Different messes were made, and different amount of dishes to clean. Unfortunately, there was no view, so honestly, she considered it the worst part of the day. And after, a quick rinse off again to get rid of anything stuck to her fur from that job.

The times between work, eating, and sleeping, she spent sitting by the railings of the ship on the deck, watching the islands go by, or keeping her bow and armor maintained.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 09:54 AM
The general duties remain the same from day to day, and things remain fairly routine for the most part.

Three days into the voyage some of sailors in the galley got a little too drunk, and harsh words turned to fisticuffs and a bar-room style brawl soon ensued. Where were you?

Linguz
2012-08-07, 01:01 PM
The first night of sleep was horrible. The engines kept her up until she couldn't stay awake. The second, not so much, but still plenty so.

Depending on the time, either cleaning the cannons, helping Cooky, taking her 2nd or 3rd shower, or on the deck. Assuming on the deck, to be a part of the action.

Nera heard the sound of leather on leather and quickly turned to see two people going at each other. She considered what to do, before remembering exactly what she had been told, But if anything does come up, report it to any higher ranking member of the crew, we run a tight ship and won't tolerate such things. She quickly stood up and dashed down the ship, heading towards the officer's quarters. She stopped at the first officer she found, saluting him unless he was Janus. "A fight's broken on the deck, sir."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 01:55 PM
The first officer you find is one of higher rank than Janus, an older human, you think his name is Torvald. Torvald sighs and says "Come with me, your assistance may be required." He begins a quick march to the deck, and the scene you come across now includes 4 men and two woman all duking it out aboard the deck. A small crowd has gathered, some quiet and others cheering on their buddies.

Torvald pushes through the crowd forcefully and yells in a surprisingly resonant voice "Cease and desist all of you, I order you to stop."

The drunken combatants ignore his command and continue to fight in front of him, the crowd soon disperses however not wanting to be included in the discipline they know will follow.

Before they all leave Torvald calls to two men, a young human and a half-elf "Mordecai, Trenton, you two aid me in subduing these fools." He then turns to you and hands you a club (http://bereanwatchman.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/billy-club.jpg) while asking "Do you know how to deal non-lethal blows, I want them subdued not dead?"

Mordecai and Trenton approach and he hands them clubs as well, both reply to his command with a "Yessir!"

Linguz
2012-08-07, 03:24 PM
Nera drops the club and pulls out a blunted arrow. "I know how to alright, and I'd do better with arrows. I've got these just for times when I don't want to kill. Or is that a problem, and you'd like me to use the club, sir?" If he doesn't give her a negative answer, she pulls out her bow and loads the blunt arrow onto it. "Please try to leave me a path open to fire, though."

Initiative: [roll0]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 03:45 PM
Torvald responds without looking at you, he sounds annoyed but more at the drunks and not you "Use whatever you want, just deal with them without killing them and I'll be happy."

One of the drunks, a young dwarf, finally seems to notice you then yells "Hey, looks like we've got moare who wanna fight wit us!" The drunks pause for a moment, the dwarf who spoke, a female human, a female dwarf, a human male, a half elf male, a gnome, and a halfling compose the group. They all look over to you, some still mid swing or grabbing one another.

Some realizing they might be in trouble, but too drunk to think it through properly, and others looking for more fighting, they come for you, ignoring one another instead looking for fresh meat or a hopeful means of getting out of the situation.

Mordecai and Trenton give each other looks mixed with both worry and slight excitement as they bang their clubs against their hands, trying to look intimidating. Torvald stands still, his club at the ready, all he says before the battle commences is "Damn fools."

Torvald: [roll0]
Mordecai: [roll1]
Trenton: [roll2]
Drunks: [roll3]

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtQgvIqpv7V3dFk0bWY0NmQ1cXY5UHVUcXIxSENmV FE#gid=0

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 09:40 PM
Torvald steps forward and attempts to beat down the Dwarven Female at the front of the group. He strikes her shoulder, leaving a welt, but it doesn't seem to phase her.

D1 (HM): Moves to the left of Torvald and takes a swing at him, he lands a blow but it doesn't do much.
D2 (DM): The stout dwarf who shouted earlier approaches you and attempts to land a blow, the hard swing comes just inches away from your face.
D3 (DF): Swings at Torvald, misses by only a hair.
D4 (HeM): Goes to the front of Trenton and tries to punch him, he lands a good blow to his head.
D5(HF): Flanks Torvald on the right trying to strike him, but she misses entirely.
D6: (GM): Goes to the right of Trenton and tries to hit him, but drunkenly misses.

Mordecai moves to Half elf's left and strikes at him with the club, he lands a crushing blow to his head that resounds with a sharp "whack!"

Trenton seeing his chance strikes at the half-elf as well, but he misses his chance. The Gnome takes this chance for an AO, but misses and nearly slips on the deck.

Linguz
2012-08-07, 09:48 PM
Nera takes a few steps back away from the dwarf male. She rose her bow, the blunt arrow sticking past it and her finger aiming at the dwarf's forehead. She slowly let the arrow go, allowing it to fly straight at him (hopefully).

Attack: [roll0]
Check: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 10:13 PM
The arrow misses the dwarf, your aim must have been high, since it knocked the hat off his head.

Torvald takes another swing at the female dwarf, he lands a hard blow on her side. The two surrounding him attempt to hit him with AoO, but they both miss with their wild swings.

D1 (HM): Swings at Torvald, but misses.
D2 (DM): Moves towards you again and swings at you, he lands a hard blow on your arm (3 damage).
D3 (DF): Swings at Torvald, lands a light blow.
D4 (HeM): Attacks Mordecai, but misses entirely. Gives Trenton an AoO, he hits knocking the Half-elf out cold.
D5(HF): Tries to attack Torvald, but misses.
D6: (GM): Attacks Trenton, and lands a strong blow.

Mordecai seeing the dwarf come after you comes to your aid, he swings at the dwarf and lands a swift blow directly on the top of his head. The dwarf cries in pain and surprise, following up with a dwarven curse.

Trenton then swings at the gnome who had been pestering him, and lands a blow to his jaw that knocks him out immediately.

Linguz
2012-08-07, 10:22 PM
Nera realized that, without a weapon, these guys wouldn't be able to do much even if she aimed at them from right in front of them. So she did so, putting another blunt arrow on her bow and launching it.

Damage: [roll2]
Critical: [roll3]
Retrievable: [roll4] - This was for the first arrow, so it is.
(Requires 5 or less for a miss, 2 or less for a hit.)
Retrievable: [roll5] - Nope.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 10:43 PM
Your arrow strikes the dwarf right in the for-head, he teeters for a moment then crashes to the floor unconscious.

Torvald swings swiftly at the dwarf female again, he slams down hard on her head and knocks her out cold. He looks about quickly then yells at the two humans still left standing "I'll give you two one last chance to come in peacefully!"

The pair look at each other, and the unconscious bodies around them, the female stops fighting and kneels "Ye.. yessir," she says. The man however decides, idiotically enough, to run for it. He runs for the stairs behind him (the left of the map), and makes it to the walkway. Torvald glares at Mordecai and Trenton who are staring at the man running "Well don't just stand there, after him!"

They do a quick salute, then quickly catch up with the man. They bring him back kicking and screaming, to Torvald, who then clobbers him with his club to shut him up.

Torvald then speaks as they drop his body with the others "Lets get these idiots to the medic, you three start carrying them down." He turns to the human woman "Are you hurt?"

She slowly shakes her head "No sir."

He sighs then says "Good, we don't need anymore people to bother Sir Rodrick with than we already have. Follow me to the brig, I have questions that need answering about this little stunt you all pulled."

He turns to you three before leading the girl to the brig "Tell Sir Rodrick that they are to be healed enough to get them waking again, then sent directly to the brig for questioning and for holding until the captain can deal with them." He then leaves with the girl in tow, leaving you with 5 unconscious sods to haul to the Medic.

Linguz
2012-08-07, 10:50 PM
Nera puts her bow back at its position and checks the area around before finding her missed arrow on the floor. She replaced it in her quiver and then went to the other one, seeing the broken shaft, and figured she would have to throw it away somewhere. She grabbed the scuff of the closer two's necks and began to drag them along the ground, to the medic room. When there, she informed Rodrick, "These two, and three others, have to be healed up until they can walk, and then sent directly to the brig for questioning and holding. They were fist fighting on deck."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-07, 11:07 PM
Rodrick stands up when he sees you enter, his long white beard jutting out at an odd angle like always, and his glasses reflecting the lantern light. He seems to have been studying some old book.

He nods at your words and looks at the two you brought with "Somebodies always getting up to something on this ship, although what I see here is nothing compared to my older days."

He pauses, then chuckles "These are just some bruises and cuts, nothing a little mundane healing and a spell or two can't fix up." He motions for where to put the bodies.

"You don't need any healing do you, I know sometimes they put up more of a fight than they appear capable of when so drunk."

Linguz
2012-08-07, 11:38 PM
She moved a hand to where she had gotten hit on the arm and swung it around once. "Nothing a few night's sleep won't fix. I won't worry you with it." Unless he replied again and he deserved another reply, she looked around for a moment before leaving, heading to the top deck to see the scenery.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 01:08 PM
The coming days pass like usual until you get around to Cannon Maintenance on the day before you were set to make your first landing. Erolt is the one supervising you and the other cleaners as usual, and he is also working on restoring an older cannon to working order. Time goes on, and various people leave as they finish their maintenance duties, leaving you and Erolt alone working on your respective projects.

Your back is to Erolt when suddenly you hear the sound of splintering metal and an explosion. Small bits of metal fly in all directions, but your reflexes vault you over your cannon just in time to dodge the shrapnel. If you peek over the cannon you see that there is a hole blown in the side of the ship, a fire starting, and the damaged body of Erolt.

From your time in maintenance, you do know that there is powder and explosives both in your area, and a few nearby areas, and that there is a system for extinguishing fires located nearby. The fire starts spreading farther, nearing Erolt. No one has arrived yet.

Linguz
2012-08-08, 01:30 PM
Nera's mind worked quickly. If the flames kept spreading, the ship would burn down. On the other hand, the system might not work fast enough, and Erolt would burn... Better him than him and everyone on this place.

She dashed out, running to the valve that would activate the system. She placed her hands on opposite sides of the valve and used her weight and muscles to turn it.

ROLLSStrength: [roll0]
Dexterity: [roll1]
Constitution: [roll2]
Intellect: [roll3]
Wisdom: [roll4]
Charisma: [roll5]

Fortitude: [roll6]
Reflex: [roll7]
Will: [roll8]

Melee Attack: [roll9]
Ranged Attack: [roll10]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 01:46 PM
As you try turning the valve it first seems locked in place, but it turns after some work. As you do so, you hear another explosion come from around where you were previously, then another, and another, it seemed like every cannon was going off.

Your position blocks you from the shrapnel, and luckily the system kicks on just in time to stop spread of the flames further. The ship rocks slightly, throwing you off balance, but you grip the valve in time to not slip on the now slick flooring.

Erolt was thrown against the wall by one of the explosions, you can't tell if he is alive or not, but at least it kept him from sliding out of the ship when it tilted.

A steam whistle alarm is going off as well. The ship balances out once again, and heavy footsteps can be heard approaching your position. About 15 sailors, including Rodrick and the Captain (Sir Norand), and many officers come around a corner. Norand leads them yelling without yet noticing you "What in the bloody hell is going on?!"

He then notices you and approaches "You Sailor, are you hurt, what happened here?" He lowers his tone, but is still stern, but more worried sounding than anything else.

You feel the wind at your now wet back coming from the long hole ripped in the side of the ship, the system is still spraying water.

Linguz
2012-08-08, 01:52 PM
The wet fur bothered Nera slightly, but there would be time enough for that later. "I don't know, sir. Erolt was fixing an old cannon when, I assume, it exploded, starting a fire and breaking the wall. He's hurt now, unsure if alive at all. Then more explosions happened. I've got no idea what's going on or anything really. But, to answer your other question, I'm fine." Once the lever was activated and the like, she turned and went to Erolt, to see if he was doing fine, or if he had perished.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 03:30 PM
The Captain just shakes his head "Gods..."

The group follows behind you, wary of the wet floor and the now gaping hole. You come across Erolt, bruised, burned, and bloody lying against the wall. As you approach he attempts to force himself up, but falls again and moans slightly. You can see that there is a bone sticking out of his left leg.

An officer in the gathered crowd looks at the shattered cannons in the room and the burnt wood and metal and remarks "Damn..."

Rodrick rushes past you and kneels down beside Erolt "Erolt, don't move, just stay still!"

Erolt mumbles "It takes more than that to kill me, I'm fine!"

Erolt gives him a glare and then actually manages to stand slowly, but then falls, Rodrick catches him. "Don't be a fool," he turns to the officers "someone get a stretcher and bring him to my quarters."

The Captain then says "Erolt, I'll speak to you later, godspeed your healing, and don't be a fool and try to leave Rodrick's care."

Erolt mumbles something, but men soon return with a stretcher and he is brought away. The Captain then turns to his men and says "Go check on the package, make sure everything is as it was, we'll get to the bottom of this."

He then turns to you "How much do you know about what happened here, was there anything strange going on before hand?"

Linguz
2012-08-08, 03:47 PM
Nera shook her head. "As far as I know, sir, it was multiple malfunctions. I didn't see anything happen strange while I worked."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 08:54 PM
He responds "Hmm, interesting, I suppose you are the one who turned on the water system, for that you have my thanks, but there are still questions to be answered. Come with me." He motions for you to follow him and he begins to lead you to his office, which is adjacent to his room.

As you walk he asks "So what exactly did happen? Cannons don't generally just malfunction like you said."

Linguz
2012-08-08, 09:12 PM
"Like I said, I don't know. It could have been sabotage, as multiple cannons did explode one after the other, but I didn't see anything. Hmm... the water might have stopped some of the bombs from going off if that's true, so checking the cannons before they dry might be a good idea, actually." Nera was currently walking slowly, to keep the man in front.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 09:27 PM
You reach his room and he has you enter, then closes the door "You've actually hit it on exactly what I think it is, some sort of sabotage. That is why it is so crucial to know these things, if we have a saboteur on board, they could strike again any moment. I'll send men to check the cannons still intact, and the ones on the rest of the ship. Once Erolt is healed up, I plan on talking to him about if he noticed anything strange with them as well."

He is checking a few things and walking around the room as he speaks, he then turns directly to you "You aren't to tell anyone what I just told you however, if there is a saboteur on board, we want them to believe we are just checking the others for safety reasons, not for tampering."

Linguz
2012-08-08, 09:29 PM
"I barely talk to anyone as is, nothing about this will come from my lips. But I will keep my eyes and ears open for anything of interest, from now on. If I do spot him or her, what shall I do? Apprehend on sight, shoot on sight, or remember his features and come to tell you at a later time?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 09:33 PM
"Do what you can without giving away that you know anything, and if you think you've found them come to me first. We don't want you accidentally killing someone over a suspicion, and if you do happen to find them, we would like to question them before we deal our full judgement. You are free to go now, just keep what I said in mind." He turns in his seat after having sat down, and rubs his chin in thought.

Linguz
2012-08-08, 09:38 PM
Nera nods. "Got it, sir. I'll be on my way then." And she leaves!

---

The rest of the day's checks:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Tomorrow, before noon:
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Tomorrow, after noon:
Spot: [roll4]
Listen: [roll5]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 09:53 PM
You don't notice anything odd, that is until the afternoon of the day before you would land. As you are leaving the galley and nearing the end of the ship towards the end of the day, up on one of the upper deck walkways, you think you spot someone near one of the engines, where normally no one but the engineer Marcus should be.

Linguz
2012-08-08, 10:09 PM
Nera goes back, to where ever she needed to go to regularly go up to the engine room. When she began to walk towards it, she didn't try to be quiet, instead, she took up a stance as if she belonged there.

Currently, she's heading for the engine room. No trying to be hidden either.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 10:24 PM
They give you a strange look as you approach "What are you doing up here?" he asks in a gruff voice, he is a young looking, but grizzled human. He is bear-chested and wearing a bandanna that covers half of his face, including his right eye, which although odd, would match the style of some of the other crew members. He also has a bag in his hands with some sort of metallic objects in it.

Linguz
2012-08-08, 10:28 PM
"Marcus sent me to check some things with the engine, but I wasn't informed anyone else would be here. I think the better question is what you're doing here."

Bluff: [roll0]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 10:39 PM
He gives you a shifty look "Marcus sent me here to make sure everything was in working order, he never told me there would be others coming. So either one of us is lying or..." he pauses "Marcus is still as forgetful as ever!" He laughs.

You notice that his bandanna is a little loose from the wind, and beneath it, you see something that almost looks reflective.

Linguz
2012-08-08, 10:50 PM
She tried to sense if he's lying.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 11:01 PM
He doesn't seem to be lying from what you can tell, but you do notice that he seems to be fidgeting a lot with his bandanna which the wind is tugging at. "Well if you're already here, why don't you help me out. I need you to go towards the rear of the engine and listen for any sort of strange noises while I tinker with something up here."

Linguz
2012-08-08, 11:05 PM
"..." Nera crossed her arms and leans back slightly. "Go to the rear and listen for strange noises? Honestly, that sounds more like you don't want my help." She looks down, at the bag. "Did Marcus give you that bag?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 11:07 PM
"Well its more of a one person job, and if you can hear it while I'm working we might be able to catch it more easily." When you ask about the bag he looks at it "Yes, its various parts for the engine, smaller pieces, I'll need them if anything is wrong with the engine."

Linguz
2012-08-08, 11:20 PM
"Honestly, I haven't gotten much experience dealing with the engine, mind if I stay and you teach me or show me the ropes?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 11:27 PM
"I'd rather you not, I will need to be going into the engine's front panels soon, and its already crowded enough in there with only one person. Now please, just head behind after I deactivate the thrusters on this one and tell me if you hear anything strange." He begins to head to the front (away from you, you are closer to the back) of the engine.

Linguz
2012-08-08, 11:36 PM
Nera nods and thinks to herself, Something tells me we're both lying. She waits for him to get out of sight before going past him, out of the engine room. Once there, she drops down twice, jumping over the railings, and goes to check if Marcus is where he usually is.

Move Silently: 21 (Taking 10)
Jump: 18 (Taking 10)

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 11:43 PM
You find Marcus sitting at his desk tinkering with a small metal object, he looks up at you, surprised to see you there "What are you doing here?"

Linguz
2012-08-08, 11:49 PM
"Did you ask someone to inspect the engines?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-08, 11:54 PM
The Gnome squints at you, his bushy eyebrows protruding out even further "What? No, why do you ask? Is there something wrong?"

Linguz
2012-08-09, 12:10 AM
"Go get the captain and have him go up to the engine room. We might." She turns and doesn't walk back to the engine room, she dashes. When she gets there, she pulls out her bow and calls out, "Get out here."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 12:15 AM
Marcus nods and hurries off.

The man is waiting outside of the engine leaning against the side wall of the engine when you get there "Woah, woah, woah, I thought you were going to help me, not run off then come back and aim a bow at me. What's this about?"

Linguz
2012-08-09, 12:23 AM
"I spoke to Marcus, so it seems we both lied. He'll be here soon, so we're going to wait for him. Until then, you're not leaving. And I suggest you don't try anything, as it'd just end worse for you." She pulls a blunted arrow out of her quiver and keeps it aimed at him.

If he moves toward her, he tells her to stop. If he doesn't, she releases. If he draws a weapon, she releases. If he tries to move away, she tells him to stop. If he doesn't she releases. Etc. Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll2] - nonlethal
Critical: [roll3] - nonlethal
Retrievable: [roll4] (2 or below if it hits, 5 or below if it misses)

If he doesn't try anything, she waits for Marcus to come with the Captain, then explains, "He told me you, Marcus, sent him to make sure everything was in working order. Had a bag with him too when he was first here, now he doesn't. Full of metal. He went into the front panel of the engines, or something like that."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 12:52 AM
Marcus and any other person who might come has yet to arrive yet, and the man laughs "What do you plan on doing, you're going to hit me with that?" He points at your arrow and laughs harder. He pulls away from the wall, but does not try to do anything else.

"You honestly don't know what you are getting tied up in girl, I suggest you leave now."

Still no one comes.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 12:57 AM
"What? Let me guess, your group is not just you? It's everyone with that damn bandana over their head, correct? And while I might not know, I do know this isn't going to end well, for at least one of us. As for leaving... I don't think so. I don't see any reason why I should nor do I have better things to do." She shifts her weight, getting the arrows in her quiver to move, hopefully drawing attention to them. "Of course, I could skewer you... or burn you... or cut you... or skewer you from a much longer distance. But taking you alive would be oh-so much better, don't you think?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 01:40 AM
He listens to your whole spiel without moving, then a cruel grin comes to his face. "Ha, I'm not the only one, but don't even associate me with any of your lot, none of you natural failures could possibly compare to us."

He steps towards you and you let the arrow fly, but it rebounds off of him with a sound of metal on metal. He laughs as he comes right up to you, ripping his bandanna off, beneath it his head looks similar to this (http://steampunkcostume.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/steampunk-skull-1.jpg) (he has no hair, and also his right eye is a glowing red orb). "You see this, this is true life. While you soil yourselves up here over tiny discoveries to improve engines or the like, we are down there," he points to the foggy underworld below "digging up technologies that would shatter your very belief in the gods. We are superior, and you stand in our way, we will ascend, and if we have to destroy you to do it, so shall it be. I'm tired of this game, it ends now."

He pulls out what appears to be a small remote control device and pushes the button, suddenly the engine across the ship from you explodes, then the next, and the next, working their way towards you two. He laughs again and looks around at his work "Ready to die!?"

Linguz
2012-08-09, 01:47 AM
"You're no human, what you are is more machine than human." She moves backwards for a bit, as if scared or hesitant, but when she gets ten feet away from him, she stops and darts forward, trying to ram him further away, out of the ship.

Doing a charge, so a +2 to the bullrush!
Bullrush: [roll0]

But she simply bounced off him. She shrugged. "Can't blame me for trying... and to answer your question, no, I'm not." Then she turned and ran down the ship, towards the top of the ship. She had everything with her, so there was no need to grab anything from anywhere.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 01:55 AM
He just lets her leave while he stands there, ignoring her word entirely as the engines continue exploding. He soon leaves as well, heading in his own unseen direction.

As the engines detonate, the whole ship rocks, you end up running across the captain as panic strikes the crew. He stops you "You damn it, follow me, I don't know who else to trust!"

Linguz
2012-08-09, 01:56 AM
"I believe the word would best be near nobody. Where are you headed to?" At this point, she's stopped and followed him.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 02:00 AM
"Whoever sabotaged us is most likely after one thing and one thing only, I can't guard it, I have a ship to try to control while it crashes into dangerous territory. Take this key and head to the brig, underneath a chest there is a trapdoor. Take the contents of that trap door and keep them safe from whoever is attacking us with your life, if they are who I fear, and they get it, the price will be dearer than you can imagine. I must be going now, godspeed!"

He runs off shouting orders to his crew, attempting to salvage the situation and take the ship in for a landing that is better than a crash.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 02:01 AM
Nera took the key, went to the brig, shoved a chest to the side (probably multiple), opened a trapdoor with said key, and took what was inside the trap door.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 02:03 AM
Within you find a crystal on a necklace (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9iMIweN5ntc/TQLN3xNkseI/AAAAAAAABkQ/WanfGnvsolU/s400/Atlantis%2BCrystal%2BNecklace%2BPapercraft.jpg), although beautiful, it doesn't seem overly special in any way.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 02:07 AM
Nera puts the crystal-necklace on, seeing as that was the best place to put it at the moment, and then returned to what she was previously doing. In her opinion, the top areas would be safer... as long as she didn't fall off the ship. She reached behind her back, at her two leather quivers, and pulled on two straps, tightening the mouth of the quivers so no arrows would fall out no matter what happened.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 02:19 AM
The ship takes a sharp downward descent, but the actions of the crew keep it from becoming a doomed landing. After falling for some time, the ship crash lands in a large forest shrouded in fog. It crushes trees and upsets the local wild-life, many birds leave the trees making various noises as they are scared off.

You are thrown off balance, but you are not harmed by the landing. The engine fires are now for the most part just smoldering, and you have not seen any sign of the saboteur yet. The Captain and crew are still frantic around you, many sailors are saying prayers, and others wished they had died in the crash instead of living to make it down here.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 02:56 AM
Nera begins to make her way to the ground, through the ship, until she's got solid footing again. She spoke to nobody in particular, "Much better than on the ship..." She looks straight ahead, at the forest. "So, this is the world down here?" She glances back at the ship, the broken mesh of metal and wood, and waited for someone important enough to come out and speak to her. Or just anyone, in truth. All the while, she watched the edge of the forest. Their crash wouldn't go unnoticed, and she didn't intend to be sneaked up on.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 09:48 AM
No one tries to stop you or catch your attention, everyone seems to be too busy with their own problems to pay attention to you. As you watch the trees, you feel like you notice shadows moving swiftly in the trees. Their movements remind you of how wolves move when hunting, but you can tell from their shadowy forms that these are surely no wolves.

The forest is starting to settle down again, and the quietness of it all, now that you are away from the ship more, is almost a little unnerving.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 01:59 PM
Nera wasn't unnerved by the silence. If anything it calmed her. She pulled her bow out and placed a single standard arrow on it. She stands there for another hour or two, waiting for the ship to settle down slightly or for something to come greet them. If nothing still appears, she returns inside to go find the captain and ask, "What are we going to do now, sir?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 02:05 PM
Nothing seems to happen any further in the woods, and you return to find the captain smoking a pipe outside of his office. He looks defeated in a way.

He looks up at you, then seeing the necklace says angrily "Put that damn thing away, I told you to grab it, not show it off! If they do come for us they'll recognize it on sight! Most people down here will recognize it, its a dangerous thing to be seen..." He then puts his head in his hands "They weren't supposed to know about it, that's why we put it on such a small and unimportant vessel, how'd they figure it out..."

He then answers your initial question "I don't know what we're going to do, half the crew won't even listen to me anymore now that we're down here. I suppose I'll take who is still loyal with me and we'll try to find some way to get out of here, I've heard working ships can sometimes be found."

Linguz
2012-08-09, 02:12 PM
She nodded, took the necklace, looked around her possessions, before opening the quivers and considering dropping it in one of them. "How hard is this thing to break?" If he says very, she drops it in. If he doesn't, she switches to her backpack and drops it in there.

"Do you have a map of this place? At all?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 02:21 PM
He looks at the crystal and says "Its from the before days, its nigh indestructible. They won't expect someone like you to have it, so I'll have you continue to hold it for now."

As you drop it in your quiver he then answers "There we're missions to map some of the underworld, but most people would rather just forget about it all together. The people who live down here might have maps, but that is if we could even find them, and after that, if they don't try to kill us first. Whatever happens, I plan on calling a meeting tomorrow morning, gathering up all those still loyal to our cause, and then heading out."

He then adds as an afterthought "Watch yourself, some of the crew think their lives end here, and there is no telling how they might act"

Linguz
2012-08-09, 02:44 PM
"Got it, do you have one of those sticks that are used to knock out people? I'd like one, just in case." After she gets or doesn't get one, she leaves the room, to wait until the next morning.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 02:49 PM
He nods and hands you one of the sticks before you leave.

People are generally either scared, spewing words of worry from their mouth, or silent and watchful of the forest and the other crew members. As the night goes on you fall asleep, only to be awoken some hours later in the dead of night to a blood curdling scream that sounds human.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 03:01 PM
Nera slowly gets out of bed and pulls out her kukri in one hand, the greatbow in the other. She left the club on her bed, as she wasn't going to knock out something that made someone make that sound. She moved forward and poked her head past the hallway, to see in both directions quickly.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 03:07 PM
You see no one, the dark hallway is void of all life from what you can tell. A few torches light it intermittently, since the power is now out on the ship. You do however hear footsteps and the shouts of crew members from further down the right passage-way.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 03:18 PM
Nera sheathed her kukri and drew out an arrow. She placed it on the bow, but not taut yet. Then she began to go down to right passage slowly.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 03:25 PM
You eventually end up following the noise of the crew until you come to a part of the ship that is closer to the forest floor. They are looking very tentative and worried, and are crowded around the edge of the ship. As you approach, you can see past them, there is a part of the ship covered in blood and claw marks. The blood creates a trail to the edge of the ship, then drops off about 17 feet to the forest floor.

The gathered group has their weapons drawn, and they don't seem to have noticed you.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 03:26 PM
Nera calls out, "What happened here?!" Her greatbow is now to her left, the arrow to her right, both being held in a nonthreatening stance.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 03:29 PM
The crew jump a bit when they hear you and then they all try to reply at once, eventually quieting down until an officer speaks, he looks shaken "Som... some great beast clawed its way up the side of the ship and grabbed Norrick, we arrived just in time to watch it drag him off. It was a hideous beast, all tooth and claw, and hairless from what I could tell."

The others murmur and shuffle about, some begin to move farther and farther away from the spot, and others leave the area entirely.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 03:33 PM
"And you're just going to stand there?" She headed over to the opening where the blood dropped down. She turned back to them all. "Any of you going to come with me to stop it from hunting us again or will I have to do it alone?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 03:41 PM
They give each other looks of fright, but eventually 10 crew-members say they would rather kill it now than be afraid of it, the others slink off.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 03:52 PM
Nera nods and jumps down, hitting the floor and rolling forward to ease out the fall. She stopped and tried to find, not just the blood, but the tracks of the creature. To see the prints and try to tell in what family it might belong.

Search: [roll0]
Nature: [roll1]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 04:00 PM
The others follow you through their own ways of getting down until they are all behind you, some have torches out with their weapons, some have bows, some melee weapons, and one even has a gun.

You easily spot the blood trail and tracks leading off into the forest, in some places it gets harder to follow, but you are always able to find it again.

The tracks are very strange, they don't look like any animal you recognize, the closest thing they resemble is the prints of lizards.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 04:02 PM
Nera tells them quietly, "Follow me, fan out, whatever you wish, but stay within hearing range. I doubt there's only one of these things." She begins to follow the trail of blood.

Survival: 16 (Taking 10)

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 09:33 PM
Your skill at navigating the wild places of the world helps you through the thick trees and underbrush, and keeps you from getting lost as you go deeper in. You keep an eye on natural signs to help you find your way out later.

Some small groups spread out away from you, leaving you with two crew-members still at your back. One you actually recognize as Torvald, the other is a human male you have seen, but you don't know his name.

Eventually the trail leads you to a clearing, near the center you see strange dirt mounds, but what you see watching over them is much stranger. Two legged lizards, with long snouts, muscular legs, and tiny arms watch carefully.

They have yet to spot you, but some are sniffing at the air.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 10:00 PM
Nera tries to remember anything about the creatures... Knowledge (Nature): [roll0]

She spoke quietly to those around here, "Get your weapons out, I'll shoot 'em from here. Get in defensive positions, expect a charge."

She pulled out a standard arrow... but then reconsidered and put it away, drawing instead a dragonsbreath arrow. She moved forward, into the trees. She put it to her bow and let it fly, at the closest of the lizardmen. Along its path, the alchemical fire in the arrowhead turned the arrow into a flaming spear, which impacted right into the side of her target.

Attack: [roll1]
Piercing Damage: [roll2]
Fire Damage: [roll3]
Check: [roll4]
Critical Piercing: [roll5]

If it hits, the enemy must make a reflex save DC 15 or get on fire. As per the rules (http://dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Environment#Catching_on_Fire), if they get on fire, they take [roll6] fire damage immediately and on each turn (new roll) until they succeed the reflex DC 15 at the start of their turn.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 10:56 PM
You can't seem to recall anything about the creatures, they look like nothing you have ever seen before other than lizards, and these are much bigger than any lizard you have ever encountered before.

The two nod as you fire off your arrow, it hits its mark on the back around its shoulder area, and the flaming alchemical materials set the creature ablaze. It rears its head and releases a noise that sounds alien to you, a sort of high pitched screech.

You see its teeth, they look like daggers, and its claws are just as menacing. The other two who turn to the middle one and start screeching back as the middle one drops to the ground and attempts to put out the fire.

They seem to be communicating to an extent, and one of the creatures runs towards the forest immediately to your right (about 45 feet), but it doesn't seem to be coming for you. The other stays and seems to be protecting the one on fire still, it patrols the area

Torvald then approaches your postion with the crew-member in tail, he whispers to you from behind "Miss, dear gods I think I know what these are... I saw specimens, or remains anyway, of these and creatures like them in the capitol at the Center For History, but... but they are supposed to all be dead. I think they are of the species of great lizards of the past, dinosaurs..."

Initiative:

D's-15
Torvald-11
Crew-member-10
Nera-9

Linguz
2012-08-09, 11:07 PM
"So exotic animals?" Well, that just sent her blood boiling. "Luckily, they're still alive. Wonder what their skin sells for." She loaded up another flaming arrow and sighted her target: the lizard's guardian. "Tell me everything you know about them, quickly and quietly. You, other guy, keep an eye on the third."

Piercing Damage: [roll1]
Fire Damage: [roll2]
Check: [roll3]
Piercing Critical: [roll4]

Burn Damage: [roll5] (Her current target, if it fails the save)
Burn Damage: [roll6] (The burning lizard)

ShadowySilence
2012-08-09, 11:20 PM
The dinosaur running to your right continues on, running past you through the trees without taking notice or seemingly catching wind of you. The dinosaur on the ground is able to put out the fire by rolling around in the dirt, and the other creature is hit, but the alchemical fire does not catch. It too screeches, but not having to worry about fire, it charges towards your position and catches wind of your group while the other one is still trying to stand up.

It runs directly up to your position, luckily it didn't know your exact position early enough to charge you, and your position in the trees helps as well.

It attempts to claw at you, but you dodge behind a tree just in time for its raking claws to leave gash marks in the tree and not you.

The other crew-member looks frightened but listens, he watches and listens for where the third might have gone as you told him, trying to ignore the one right in front of you. Torvald's eyes bulge as the beast slashes the tree and you just barely dodge.

He musters up all of his courage and with his already drawn longsword and shield, he approaches the beast. He swings at its neck, but the sword misses. The crew-member has a shortbow drawn and fires an arrow at the creature, but the bolt misses its mark.

Far off behind you, you hear the yelling of what sounds like the other crew members, and then a gunshot and more yelling and screeching.

Linguz
2012-08-09, 11:36 PM
"Did I not say to expect a charge?" She had drawn another arrow, a standard one, when she had ducked behind the tree and was already aiming for its neck, where she suspected this creature had weaker skin. "It seems our friends have encountered the other lizard, though. Let's hope they can deal with it."

Damage: [roll1]
Check: [roll2]
Critical: [roll3]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-10, 12:06 AM
The dinosaur rakes you and you immediately fall to the ground, you're bleeding out and in a bad shape, you begin to black out. The last thing you hear before all the world disappears from your sight is the crack of a gun and the screeching of the dinosaurs.

When you awaken you are in a bed back on the ship, the Captain is watching over you along with Sir Rodrick, the Captain speaks "Thank the gods, you're alive." He smiles, as does Rodrick.

The Captain continues "You did a brave thing hunting those beasts, I'm just glad that a bullet kills them as easily as other creatures or it may have finished you off. After that monster had you down, Torvald was able to distract it long enough for me to get there, after someone told me what your group had done I set up my own expedition party and followed your's."

He waits to see if you were able to take it all in, or if you were still recovering. You however, do clearly hear it and understand, although your stomach has a burning sensation on it.

Linguz
2012-08-10, 12:17 AM
"I did a stupid thing... I rushed in with unknown enemies. And where's Torvald? I owe him an apology and thank you." She tried to get out of bed, noting that both sides of her lower chest's armor piece were torn open. She looked around the room, spotting her backpack, quivers, greatbow, and kukri. "So, we still going to head out, correct?" Internally, she made a note to check what it looks like under the leather, see what damage, if any, that lizard had done.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-10, 12:25 AM
"You did what you thought was right, even if it was stupid. You're alive, and you've learned a lesson. Torvald is in his quarters, he took quite a thrashing himself, but he limped home thanks to his pride."

As you get up out of bed Rodrick says "You seem healed, but I would still be on the careful side if I were you."

The captain then responds "Yes, our current plans are still to head out, while you were unconscious we were able to convince some more of the crew to come with us. We'll be leaving tomorrow however, we're prepping the men for any more possible encounters with those lizards."

Linguz
2012-08-10, 12:34 AM
Nera slowly gets out of the bed and replies to him as she stretche, slowly at first, making sure the wound doesn't open back up. "Tomorrow... suggestion: see if you can bar the paths up to the living quarters. We don't want a repeat happening of what happened today... less so if larger ones come out of the woods." When nothing broke, she picked her quivers back up then put the backpack on, before placing the kukri back in its place and grabbing her bow. "I'll be sure to take it easy for a bit, or at least try." Then she headed off, towards her savior's room.

When she got there, she knocked on the door when she got to his quarters, unless it was already opened, and when given permission to enter, she did so (might have given her name as well). "Just wanted to thank you for saving me 's all, and apologize for dragging you into such a mess."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-10, 01:55 PM
The captain replies"We have crew watching for any signs of danger from the forest, and those still loyal have been ordered to stay away from the edges of the ship as much as possible."

Rodrick nods at what you say and the captain leaves shortly after you.

When you arrive the door is cracked open slightly, once he realizes its you he welcomes you in. He is sitting in a chair, soft red scars run across his face, and he is wearing an eye-patch where his left eye would have been. He responds "Don't apologize, I wasn't about to let those monsters kill another one of us, I'm just glad to see my it wasn't in vain."

He notices your armor then says "You should really get some new armor, Marcus could probably modify some for your size."

Linguz
2012-08-10, 03:23 PM
Nera looks down at her armor. "Probably, but just a patch-up job would be fine, really... but I doubt that can be done quickly and nicely enough. And... if all goes well, which honestly it won't, I shouldn't be getting hit. I'm a sniper, not a melee combatant." She sighs and leans against the wall before pointing at his eye. "Will it get better?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-10, 09:33 PM
He nods "Well its up to you, but if you feel you need one just tell him Torvald sent you." He laughs "Nothing seems to go as planned, I've learned that after my time in the navy. Although a sniper getting raked by a dinosaur, that is new to be sure."

When you mention his eye he shrugs "Oh it'll stop hurting after a time, but that eye is all but useless now, that beast scratched it up pretty badly. I just hope a half-blind man like me won't get lost in the woods now." He laughs again.

Linguz
2012-08-10, 10:12 PM
Nera shrugged. "What can I say? I'm a reckless sniper. And in my defense, forests aren't that great for sniping from afar. And are you sure a cleric of some kind can't restore sight to your eye?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-10, 10:16 PM
He flips the eyepatch up, and you can see that there isn't even an eye anymore, just the socket "I'm sure had it still been there something could have been done, but when I said scratched up pretty bad, I meant plucked right from my head. Hurt like all hell, but not so bad now."

He flips the eyepatch back down.

Linguz
2012-08-10, 10:40 PM
"Ah, that'd make more sense as to why it can't be fixed. Anyway, I'll leave you alone now. Good luck on recovering and all that. And, again, sorry about everything." She then leaves the room, heading off to the armory, to see if she can find any arrows to restock her used supply.

Looking For: Standard Arrows x31, Blunt Arrows x2, Dragonsbreath Arrows x2.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-10, 10:44 PM
You find all the normal arrows you need and more if you wanted them (50 arrows), but no specialized arrows.

Linguz
2012-08-10, 10:49 PM
She takes 31 standard arrows, not fitting any more than that in her over-sized quivers. Then she left the armory, with nothing else. She proceeded to go train wherever she could for a bit with her kukri before going to eat/help others/sleep until the following day, unless things happened.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-10, 10:58 PM
You hear a commotion on deck after some hours of doing whatever, if you go to look you see a large crowd of crew-members crowded together around one of the officers. You recognize your half-elf friend from the academy is in the crowd. The officer is speaking, and you spot the Captain watching from far off "Now it is the time we leave, all who don't want to die can follow me, the rest of you can stay here and follow that fool captain." Some men shout agreement, while others look around unsure.

Linguz
2012-08-10, 11:04 PM
She does go, and when she does, she stands up, puffing out her chest, and calls back, "Right, because you're going to make a great leader. Tell me, where were you when I went hunting for the dinosaurs? And what about when your fool of a captain left the safety of the ship to save me and the rest of those who followed?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-10, 11:07 PM
The crowd turns to you, some look surprised. The officer replies "I didn't run off unprepared like you lot, and the captain was a fool for running after you and putting more good crew in danger."

The crowd isn't quite so sure now, you see Torvald walk up to the captain and say something, he looks angry, but they are beyond the crowd and you can't hear anything from them.

Linguz
2012-08-10, 11:19 PM
"Dodging the question... why don't you answer? And I'm sure the crew will absolutely love a leader who doesn't value the life of each and every one of them. Hmm... think about that for a second. Going through the forest, where the leader would leave you behind as food for the dinosaurs to slow them down. Do you all really want a leader like that? Or would you rather one that puts his or her life on the line for every last one of you, no matter your position or status. My choice is clear. Is yours?" After about the first few sentences, she had turned away from the officer, not literally, and had looked down at the crowd instead and spoken to them. She wasn't trying to convince the officer to back down, she was trying to convince the rest of them to stay.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 12:18 AM
The half elf officer yells "She's right, I'd rather follow a true captain, one who stands up for his crew!"

The officer that was talking to the crowd is now red with anger "Damn it, don't you see that captain will lead us to our deaths!? Anyone still following me, lets go!"

Some of the crew still leave, the ones who had always seemed to want off the ship anyway, as the officer jumps down to join them, but not too many, but then Torvald walks up to the raised area where the officer had been. "And where do you think you are going with our weapons and supplies, those are property of the Blackwings and the Drencian Navy."

The officer snarls "There is no property down here, its whatever you can take for yourself you one eyed idiot!"

Torvald jumps at the man, and wrestles him to the ground, the others jump back startled and Torvald speaks "I said ex-officer, what are you doing leaving with the Blackwing's and Navy's property?!"

The officer's eyes bulge out as Torvald's knife, which he had kept hidden earlier is held to his neck. Torvald continues as the man whimpers "You're lucky enough I don't kill you now for being a deserter."

Those who we're going to follow him quickly back off and join with the crowd of those staying. The captain approaches "That's enough, let the man go, or on second thought, no I'm such a baaaddd captain, I must not have noticed this."

The man screams "Gods no, get him off of me!"

The captain then turns to you, the words playful but somehow still carrying a serious tone "Nera, why don't you decide his fate, since I'm such a bad captain."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 12:46 AM
"Strip him of all weapons except one standard recruit weapon and all armor except his issued leather. If we're going to survive down here, weapons and armor that are excess will need to be sold most likely, but let the man go. If he wishes to throw his chips in with the woods, let him. If he isn't killed by the raptors, he'll slowly die of thirst or hunger. And if he finds food, chances are that he'll fall prey to the plants themselves. I doubt he knows a thing about what berries are and aren't poisonous." All this time, she's been making her way to the two on the floor. She reached down, plucking the pistol at his waist off. She called one of the men in the crowd to give him one of their standard weapons and passed the gun back to her Captain. "Now all that's left is for him to remove the sash and leave. That is, unless he'd rather stick with us as a new recruit. Oh, and captain, when will the men in the brig be let go? I'm starting to consider that we might want all the help we can get, even if they get drunk and fight on occasion."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 12:56 AM
The captain nods stands the man up, and then says "So, what'll it be?"

The officer looks down and tears his sash off, throwing it on the ground and stomping on it"Hmmph, you're all idiots, give me that damn shortbow with a quiver and a dagger and I'll be on my way."

He is handed the items and then makes his way towards the side of the ship, and climbs down to the forest and walks off. No one follows him, and no one tries to stop him (unless you do).

If you don't try to stop him the captain says to you "The men in the brig will be let go just before departure, I agree, every able body will help."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 01:02 AM
That man dug his own grave, nobody else influenced his decision, so Nera let him go, not even attempting to stop him. Nera nodded at the captain's decision. "I think I'm going to turn in early tonight. Mind if I use his old room to see if I can get a decent night's sleep?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 01:04 AM
The captain nods "You may take his bed, dead men don't need beds."

The crowd begins to disperse, Torvald follows you as you go and asks "What made you choose to keep him alive?"

Linguz
2012-08-11, 01:19 AM
"No man deserves to die a death as such. Better him to have a fighting chance, no matter how slim, than to die on the floor without a weapon." Nera strode down the halls, all the while speaking. "If he wants to dig his own grave, he's damn well allowed to as well." When they were out of earshot of others, she continued, "And it's better for our image to the crew that we allow him to live, at least if he can earn it. Hopefully, anyway. Shows that we won't kill them for any reason save treason, and even not there." She sighed and rose a hand to rub her left shoulder. "Do you mind doing me a favor? How good are you at massages?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 01:22 AM
He nods at what you say, but says nothing.

Then when she asks about the massage he replies "I'm not great, but I'm good enough."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 01:30 AM
"Good enough for me." She led him to her new 'room' and put the quivers, backpack, and her bow against the wall before placing her kukri on the nightstand. She took a minute (or 30 seconds if he helped) to get out of the armor and looked down finally at the marks the creature had made. But seeing anything past the fur would prove troublesome, so she just laid on the bed and asked him if he could start.

[Guessing you can time-skip to the next day as after this, she'll be going to bed.]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 12:37 PM
The massage is quite nice, probably not as good as a professional's, but it helps relieve some of your tension and ease things.

Afterwords, when he finishes, he wishes you good night and a restful sleep, then leaves. You sleep quite nicely, the bed being better than your bunk.

You are awoken by a knock on the door and a voice saying "Good morning Miss, we'll be leaving soon," it seems to be early morning.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 12:57 PM
Nera stretches in the bed much like a cat, thinking about how her back felt do much better with a real bed. She got up and checked on her items before putting on the torn leather armor and grabbing the rest of her equipment on. She made sure she wasn't leaving anything back before opening the door. "Thanks for waking me, I'd hate to be left behind." And unless someone stopped her, she went out and hunted for her own meat, then replenished her arrow stock at the armory after cooking and eating what she caught.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 01:11 PM
After you finish eating you hear a call for an assembly near the center of the ship, it is late morning now.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 01:14 PM
She goes there, after cleaning the blood off her fur at best she could. Skinning was a bloody job, after all.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 01:24 PM
You arrive to find the captain mid speech to the crew "... this is indeed going to be a dangerous journey, but if we keep our wits about us, we may not only return home, but learn more about this underworld. Perhaps it is finally time we clean up these rotten hole, and it will start with us. Once we find a ship, we can go home, survivors and heroes!"

The crowd gives a shout of approval, they all appear ready to depart at a moments notice, and you have noticed that the ship is pretty much stripped of all useful materials.

The captain then continues "We leave on the half hour, check that you have all your things, and then meet on the starboard side."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 01:47 PM
Nera goes to the starboard side and waits, having everything that is hers. Probably after a quick clean if the showers still work.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 02:24 PM
The showers unfortunately do not work, so you wait and soon others arrive at the starboard side. Once everyone is gathered the captain assigns the crew into smaller groups that are meant to keep track of one another, and some people to individual roles, he then asks you after assigning everyone else "Would you rather work scouting for us, or stick with a group and the main body of the group?"

Linguz
2012-08-11, 02:27 PM
"With my speed, I'd probably be better as a scout." She cocked her head and rose an eyebrow. "Though, why did you give me a choice unlike the rest?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 02:33 PM
He replies "Ok, I'll put you with Yorick then, and I gave you a choice for two reasons, I trust you, and you still carry that stone."

He then indicates a young Elf in the crowd, who is dressed in leathers and is carrying a longbow "That's Yorick, you two will be scouting slightly ahead of the main body."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 03:11 PM
"Don't treat me as if I was special. If you do, people might wonder why a new recruit is being treated better than an officer." She looked over, seeing his armor and choice of weapon. "Another archer, then? I can work with that."

She left him and went overto her companion. "Hello, Yorick. They call me Nera." She held out a handpaw, for a shake.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 03:22 PM
He scans you, look critically at you, then shakes your handpaw "Hello, you must be the one the captain was talking about. Glad to have another set of eyes along."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 03:32 PM
"Glad to meet another scout-slash-ranger." She looks him in the eyes, trying to determine anything about him through them. "You ready to leave?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 03:45 PM
His eyes seem to tell you he is more of a formal person than informal, preferring actions to words, but you can't be sure.

"I am always ready, if you are ready to go yourself I suggest we leave now and scout for possible dangers before the main party gets moving."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 03:55 PM
"... you stole the meaning behind my line. But regardless: I was born ready." She turned to the exit. "Do you want to lead, or shall I?" Whatever his response, she took off. Following or being followed.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 03:57 PM
"You lead, you have seen these woods before, I have not."

You begin working your way into the forest, you neither spot nor hear anything of interest for the time you go. You see no sign of more dinosaurs, only the occasional forest creature from time to time. You reach the edge of a swampy area, and the captain calls a break for rest and food (it has been about 4-5 hours).

A small camp area is made.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 04:21 PM
All this time, Nera had been picking fruits that she knew were safe. (Survival take 10: 16) She also provided enough food (and maybe water) for 3 other people. She looked up at the sky, trying to predict what the weather would be tomorrow (take 10, 16, success) and then made sure they were still on a forward motion (take 10, 16, keep from getting lost(er)).

Only after she did all that did she go sit at the center of the camp for ten to twenty minutes.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 04:26 PM
You could sense heavy rain on the air, thunderstorms more than likely. Only the slightest hints of this are now present however unless someone knew what to look for.

You are indeed still going forward, the swamp now lying directly in your path, it is quite large stretching out of sight to your right and left, and is quite stagnant.

The food you provided feeds some of the other crew, who are thankful. Yorick finds his own food as well.

He approaches you while you are sitting "Do you smell that storm wind on the breeze, I don't think the gods will be merciful tonight?"

Linguz
2012-08-11, 04:38 PM
"So after we enter the swamp, we'll stop at the first cover. Or not enter at all and look elsewhere for cover. That is, unless the crew doesn't mind sleeping in the rain, which I doubt." She leaned back on her arms and looked at him. "Since you're already here, mind if I ask you something: Do we have any strong nature casters with us? I'd like some of them to see if they can speak with the plants and animals, see what we can find out. If not today, tomorrow. Mind doing that for me?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 04:50 PM
He nods "I agree, our main task aside from watching the path should be trying to find shelter. A crew with bad morale could doom us."

"I know some druids in our midst, I can inquire about that today. Maybe they could even use their powers to help us locate shelter." He finishes eating, then walks off if you say nothing more.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 04:58 PM
She says no more, as to not delay him. After eating, she gets up and goes to seek the captain. "How's the crew holding so far?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 05:13 PM
The captain is leaning against a tree on a nearby hill, his arms are folded and he is scanning the scene.

He sees you come but says nothing until you speak "The crew is holding up, but I'm afraid that without a safe place to sleep fear might overtake some of them. Most of these people signed on to be on a ship, not trekking through the woods."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 05:33 PM
"Even ravens have to land sometimes. These Blackwings need to be able to survive anywhere, from the skies above to the depths below. We'll find some sort of road eventually, then we'll just have to hope they're feeling friendly today. And if not... that we can take it for ourselves."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 05:35 PM
The captain nods "Yes, even Blackwings must know the feel of the ground below them. I just hope you're right."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 05:42 PM
"If I'm not, you can paint me white. Which involves finding civilization. Which means I'd be right. Or do you carry around white paint?" She continued, not giving him time to reply. "How much longer will we be at rest here?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 05:44 PM
"I'll refrain from finding any white paint we might have lying around," he laughs a little then answers "we should be heading out in around 35 minutes. If you and Yorick want to begin scouting ahead already, you may, otherwise we'll be leaving then."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 05:51 PM
Nera saluted and went to find Yorick. If he's still working at telling the druids, she waits. If not, she approaches and tells him, "Shall we set out, or do you have unfinished business?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 05:52 PM
He says "I have spoken to the druids, they are at their work as we speak. I suggest we set out on a short foray, then return to see if the druids have discovered anything."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 05:53 PM
"Sounds fine to me. Will we reverse roles or do I lead again?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 05:59 PM
"You can lead again, I might take point tomorrow, but for now I'm observing."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 06:02 PM
Observing...? She nodded and took off, going into the marsh and, not just trying to see if any enemies were about, but trying to find a safe and easy pass through it.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 06:24 PM
Yorick observes the various sights as you move through the swamp.

There is no "easy" path, but you do find that if you follow a certain pattern you can usually avoid the swampier areas and stick to the islands of muddy land between the stagnant pools. In some places the ground turns to thick slabs of smooth white rock, that is mottled with the colors of the swamp, there are places where stone monoliths appear half sunken into the water as well, cracked and forlorn.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 06:27 PM
After some time, Nera stopped and turned back, using her internal sense of direction to guide her back to the camp.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 06:34 PM
You make your way back, but you can't help but feel as if some dark presence watches over you the whole time. It began shortly after nearing the monoliths, it feels like eyes watch you from the bog.

Your path takes you to an old shack, rotten to the point of nearly falling apart. The door swings back and forth lightly, even though the wind has died down to almost nothing.

The swamp is nearly dead silent.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 06:40 PM
Nera points at the shack, to make sure everyone with her (one person) had their attention drawn to it. "Check it?" She drew her greatbow as she spoke. "Or shall we get a larger group before?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 07:02 PM
He nods "No, I will go."

He draws a short sword and approaches the shack.

He puts his hand on the door and it creaks open, some ravens that had been sitting in a nearby tree fly off cawwing.

He enters the building and you hear rustling of moving items, he leaves the shack with a piece of parchment in his hands "There is the skeleton of a smallfolk in there, long dead by my reckoning. He was clutching this sheet and an inkpen."

He unfolds the paper, which is yellowed with age, its surprising it even survived the swamp weather at all. He squints for a second then says "Its in halfling, I think its poem of some sort, but very dark. It looks like he died writing it, he had an axe sticking out of his skull and the words stop mid-line as if he was going to continue."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 07:06 PM
"And you didn't find anything else? Though, that itself is worthy of being investigated. I can't read halfling either, but I'm going to go and take a look myself. Not that I don't trust you, but missing things is completely possible." Then she went towards the shack herself, putting away her greatbow and switching to her kukri as she drew closer. If nothing happened, she searched the place.

Search: [roll0]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 07:10 PM
Yorick shrugs.

You find the room as what it is, mostly empty besides a writing table, a small stove with ashes in it, and the skeleton haflling, an axe protruding from the back of its skull on the ground. The inkpen is still clutched in the bony fingers. You find nothing else of interest. The only thing that might interest you is a rusty old dagger, but that is all.

When you exit the shack, Yorick is reading the sheet. "I know some Halfling, I can read it to you if you want, but it just seems like the ramblings of a mad halfling to me, although considering he was killed maybe he wasn't so mad..."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 07:14 PM
Nera took the axe out of the halfling's skull, as he wasn't using it. If nothing happened, then she left.

"Mad people sometimes have the clearest thoughts. Read it, we might get some idea of what we're going to face or what happened or simply an enjoyable poem."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 07:21 PM
He recites the poem:

"Putrid, rotting, bloated faces
Floating in the bog

Here and there and everywhere
Eyes ever watching

Sickening grins on the trees
Arms grabbing at necks

Here in the swamp
Lost among the dead

Here alone sitting, waiting
Floating in the bog;

I await the night
The moon it falls

On endless black
And up they come

The night hides them
Like shadows in shadow

And they come for me
They desire my life

They crave what
They no longer have

From out their towers
Of white they crawl;

There is no safe place
When shadows hide in shadow

And those who no...

And that's where it cuts off."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 07:23 PM
"He's either mad or warning everyone to not be here during the night for some reason or other. I don't want to take the chance, at all. What do you think?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 07:25 PM
"We can't be sure, but if what he says isn't truly madness, I don't relish the idea of being here when the moon rises. Perhaps it'd be best to tell the captain we should wait until the sun rises again before entering, then leave as early as possible."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 07:28 PM
Nera blinked once. "... and they're not the only things in this swamp. They didn't sound like they would use weapons at all, they sounded more like the undead. He had an axe in him. Let's go back, find them, and do as you said. As well as find shelter for them near them."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 07:32 PM
"You go back to camp, I'll try to find some sort of available shelter nearby. Here take the sheet, it might help convince the captain if he still wants to trek into the swamp."

He hands you the sheet and then heads off in his own direction unless you say something first.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 07:35 PM
Nera nods and takes off on her own path, going as fast as she could without losing the path she was taking back.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 07:39 PM
You arrive back at camp without meeting any misfortune, although the sun seems to be falling in the sky faster and faster, and storm clouds gather on the horizon now. Distant thunder can just barely be heard, as a cold breeze begins to pick up, rustling the trees.

The loud and happy sounds of the camp seem out of place and unwelcome in the swamp.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 07:44 PM
When she arrives at the camp, she goes directly to the Captain, all the while trying to maintain a calm demeanor. She pulls him away from the group and shows him the poem. "Do you know halfling?" If he doesn't she tells him the general gist of the poem. "I believe this to be true, so we want you to hold off on going into the swamp until tomorrow. Yorick is currently trying to find shelter."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 07:48 PM
"I can read halfling, what is this... a poem?"

He reads it over twice.

"What do you think whoever wrote this means by it all? Shadows in shadows, are there worse things than dinosaurs out here? I understand your concern, but... I just don't know. The longer we're down here, the more likely the crew is to become discontent. And even a great capatin can't keep a crew happy forever."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 08:00 PM
"Let me break down the risks for you. If we stay, we lose a few hours. If we go, a few things could happen. If the poem is real, at best, we'll all stay up all night fighting. At worst, we'll be routed. And yes, until proven otherwise, consider that there will always be something worse. And there is no way to be proven otherwise."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 09:09 PM
The captain sighs "You are probably right, I'll tell the crew, you watch out for Yorick and make sure he returns to camp safely if he takes too long. Once he does return, if he has found somewhere suitable tell me immediately."

He leaves and works his way into the camp, calling a meeting and telling the crew about the decision. Most don't seem to mind, some seem anxious, and others actually seem relieved to not be entering the swamp yet.

A couple hours pass and then Yorick can be seen returning. He spots you and approaches your position "I found two possible places we could use as shelter, there is a cave to the East, and to the South there is some sort of structure sitting near the edge of the swamp. I scouted the entrances of both, and both seemed entirely abandoned."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 09:11 PM
Nera nodded and asked, "What can you tell me about the cave? And anything more about the building than that it's at the edge of the swamp?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 09:30 PM
"The cave is wide-mouthed, and reaches farther back than I could go without a torch, but it is hard-earth and stone, not mud. The structure is a tall stone building with a wide base, it almost looks like some sort of church. It looked like a remnant from some forgotten empire, intricately designed. There were some abandoned wooden structures similar to the shack we saw earlier nearby."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 09:31 PM
"How far away are each?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 09:32 PM
"The cave is 2 and 1/2 miles away, while the structure is about 1 and 1/2 miles."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 09:45 PM
"So an hour and fifteen for the cave and forty five minutes to the building... I don't trust this swamp and would prefer to go to the cave, but I'm not so sure backtracking to get there will be a good idea. Thanks, I'll inform you of any decision." She nodded once and left, going to find her captain.

"Sir, he located two places. A cave to the east about an hour and fifteen minutes at our current pace. Deep enough to need torches. It might have a second entrance, but if it doesn't, then we only need to defend from one side. The second place is a building to the south, seems like a church. It's forty five minutes and located next to the swamp and near shacks similar to where we found the poem. Personally, I'd feel safer going to the cave, but we'd have to go back and I'm unsure how the crew would take that. All times can be cut in two if we hustle."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 10:04 PM
The captain listens and then says "Damn, stuck between a rock and a hard place. I enjoy the thought of neither, but either is better than nothing. I agree that the cave may be safer, so I think we will try going there. I'll inform the crew, you tell Yorick to prepare to lead us there."

If you leave and go look for Yorick you come across him just as he finishes conversing with the druids, a male gnome, and a female elf. The three of them look concerned, and as you approach the druids leave.

When you draw nearer Yorick says "The words of the druids are grave, they spoke with the birds, and they say this used to be the site of a kingdom from before our history. Dark things happened in these lands before they became swamp and it is as we feared, the dead walk."

Linguz
2012-08-11, 10:16 PM
She returned to Yorick and heard what he had to say. "Then it's a good thing we're heading to the cave. Farther from this cursed land. Captain said you're to lead us there."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 10:25 PM
He nods "I'll prepare to go then, thank you for informing me."

Soon after the main party, with some resentment at the idea, begins the trek towards the cave following Yorick. You reach the cave, going at average speed, about as quickly as you estimated it would take you. You reach the cave, and see it is indeed wide mouthed, set into the wall of an outcropping of earth and stone. Light extends in some 100 feet, but after that darkness swallows up your view.

The captain orders men to go in with torches and lanterns, they return saying the cave goes back 600 feet, and branches off into smaller antechambers along with way. There are piles of rock lying around, but otherwise the cave looks as though it were cleared out to be quite clean. No animals either, the only downside apparent is the stench, which smells of swamp and some other earthier smell you can't quite identify.

Torches are set up at intervals throughout the cave, lighting it up well enough to move about in, and soon the crew have set up camp inside. Some stand watch, others cook food, some sleep. A few hours later a torrential rain begins, and the thunder and lightning shake the ground beneath your feet and echo throughout the cave like great drums. The way the cave entrance stands it keeps water from entering.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 10:27 PM
Nera took one of the torches and went down one of the passages, alone if possible. She was curious as to if there was anything in this cave, at all. Due to the formation of her eyes, the torch's light extended forty feet brightly and eighty feet shadowy. Her other hand was holding her kukri, as her bow doesn't provide much help in the confines of this cave.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 10:54 PM
As you enter into the cave farther (the camp is in the first 200 feet), every 75 feet after that there are two antechamber entrances on each wall until the end of the cave (which gets narrower towards the end). The antechambers don't seem to really contain anything when you walk through them, but at one point as you are stepping you suddenly hear a crack. If you look down, you notice the face of a skull sticking out of the ground. You broke a part of the brittle bones when stepping on it.

The crack echos throughout the area.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 11:05 PM
Nera stops moving for the most part, save her ears, which are listening for anything new in the surroundings.

Listen: [roll0]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 11:07 PM
You seem to hear the sound of dirt being moved nearby, the stench from earlier also seems much stronger.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 11:12 PM
Nera directs her gaze and body-direction towards the sound.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-11, 11:21 PM
You see a rotting corpse digging its way out of the ground, half of its body is free, while the legs continue to remain planted in the ground.

You then hear more scratching at the ground, and a skeletal hand breaks its way through the dirt slightly beyond the corpse.

The corpse begins moaning a horrible cry, as if full of regret and anger.

Battle has not begun yet, because the creature is not free, however, from the sound of it, more are trying to break free.

Linguz
2012-08-11, 11:29 PM
"That's not a good sign..." She attacks the zombie twice, trying to cut off its arms for the most part. With her other arm, she stuffs the flames of the torch in its face.

Kukri Damage: [roll0] (Pierces its DR)
Kukri Damage: [roll1] (Pierces its DR)
Torch Damage: 1 fire
Torch Damage: 1 fire

After seeing what this does, she'll do something else.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 12:05 AM
The zombie moans and screeches, not in pain, but in anger at your presence. Your quick attacks and the flame burn the zombie, and the smell of burning flesh overpowers your nostrils. It dies struggling, still half out of the ground.

The skeletal hand is now two hands, and the head is just starting to work its way out of the ground. As its jaw is released, it almost seems to hiss in an other-worldy fashion at you, like wind through dead tree limbs.

You hear other sources of scratching all around you now.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 12:08 AM
Nera takes the club-torch and smacks the skeleton over the head, twice.

Kukri: [roll0] (-5)
Kukri: [roll1] (-5)
Torch: [roll2] +1 Fire
Torch: [roll3] +1 Fire

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 01:29 PM
You slash at the skeleton, breaking bone, but you finally put it to rest when you whack its head right off with the club sending it flying against the wall.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 01:36 PM
With all visible undead down, Nera headed out of the chamber. As she returned to the camp, she took a look in other chambers, to see if the same was happening.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 01:45 PM
As you exist the antechamber you were in, three skeletons wearing broken armor and wielding short swords block your path to get back to camp (the cave is 15 feet wide here).

Their ghastly whispers claw your ears as the torches near the camp flicker out as if a gust of storm wind blew into the cave, yet you feel no wind. A few torches and fires still alight near the camp are all you can see past the skeletons, behind you darkness, your torch still glows, keeping the shadows at bay.

You can hear some of the crew shouting and weapons being drawn.

Roll initiative.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 01:49 PM
Nera switches her main hand and her off hand, holding the kukri in her left and torch in her right, as she had seen what was more effective versus skeletons.

Initiative: [roll0]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 02:02 PM
Your quicker reaction time gives you the chance to attack first.

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtQgvIqpv7V3dG9lN3cyMEtyeFBZeDJyeUFTZV94c kE#gid=0

Initiatives:

-You
-Skeletons

Linguz
2012-08-12, 02:06 PM
Nera moves up so that there is ten feet between them and gets ready to smack the first one in the face that comes for her.

Readied Action: Attack
Condition: Enemy gets in range

Attack: [roll0] (Improvised, -1)
Torch Damage: [roll1] +1 fire damage

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 02:17 PM
S2 approaches, the smell of death heavy upon it, chunks of rotten flesh still hang upon it in some places.

As it nears you, you strike it with the torch, breaking bone and causing the armor it is wearing to light ablaze.

The creature does not seem to notice it is on fire, but you can smell the burning bone.

S2 strikes at you, but your armor takes the brunt strike of the damage (1 damage to armor).

S1 and S3 approach from the sides and try to strike at you, but you glide around S1's swing, and S3 completely misses the mark.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 02:20 PM
As S1 got into place, Nera lashed out with the club-torch.

Damage: [roll1] +1 fire

Seeing herself be surrounded, she took a step back and attacked S3, if S1 is on fire. If not, S1 again.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] +1 fire

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 02:45 PM
Your strikes hit both, and S1 catches on fire as well, although S3 keeps from being set aflame.

S2 is still on fire, and you can hear the bones starting to pop and sizzle from the heat of the fire. It tries to strike you again, striking your armor (1 damage), the flames that burn upon it nearly jump to you as well, but you are able to avoid them.

S1 and S3 both miss you entirely when attacking.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 02:54 PM
Nera strikes at S3 before taking a step back, trying to set it ablaze as well.

Damage: [roll1] +1 Fire

With her spare hand (and move action), she sheaths her kukri.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 03:05 PM
Your attack misses entirely.

S2 is about to walk towards you when the bones begin to pop open and snap, the body can't keep its shape anymore and it falls to the ground.

The other two skeletons approach undaunted and attempt to strike at you.

S1 strikes at you, but your armor absorbs the blow (2). S3 strikes and lands a brutal blow, leaving a long bloody wound on your right side (6 damage).

Linguz
2012-08-12, 03:12 PM
Nera's armor was falling apart at its seams (1hp). She realized if it took any more damage, it would just be weighing her down. She stepped to the side and kept on her toes, ready to dodge any incoming strike by sacrificing accuracy.

Current AC: 18.
To hit Armor: 17.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 03:17 PM
S3 moves closer, and both attempt to strike you again but miss as you dodge around their attacks.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 03:23 PM
Nera attacks S1 normally, and then if he's defeated, steps to where it was currently standing.

Damage: [roll1] +1 Fire

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 03:30 PM
They both strike again, both missing entirely.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 03:34 PM
Nera drops the torch and steps away from the skeletons. She glances back at the room, checking for undead, as she draws her greatbow, then sets a blunted arrow on it and fires it at S3.

Retrievable: [roll2]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 03:45 PM
After you step back into the antechamber, a huge lightning strike blasts the earth outside. The whole cave is flashed with dazzling light for a second, then the darkness almost seems to become deeper around you. The echo of the thunder rings on, and the ground even shakes to an extent.

You hear the muffled screaming of the crew as a sharp crack is heard in the cave, and suddenly parts of the cave collapse (indicated by the red, that is rubble, mud, stone, and dirt mixed together in a messy mix). Your torch is pushed into the antechamber and remains alight, but the skeletons do not survive the collapse.

You are now in the antechamber, water from the rain is seeping into the room through the collapsed area slowly. It smells very much of earth, and you see parts of skeletons in the rubble everywhere, broken and destroyed.

What do you do?

Linguz
2012-08-12, 04:05 PM
Nera is a bit confused. So confused, she steps back a bit and sits down for a bit, trying to piece together what happened. When she figured it out. That is, when she figured out she had no idea what just happened.

Not that much time later, she got up and walked around the antechamber, trying to see if there was another way out.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 04:32 PM
As you walk around, you don't notice anything, your torch finally goes out entirely as water begins to leak in more, and the room becomes pitch black. However, after a couple of seconds something strange happens, a new bluish light appears, and it seems to be emanating from one of your quivers, creating a shaft of light that points up to the ceiling.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 04:34 PM
Nera took off the quiver and reached inside, pulling out the crystal, before putting the quiver back on. "This thing?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 04:38 PM
The crystal's light illuminates the whole room in a dark blue color, and the sounds of the outside world seem to fade away. A soft humming comes from it, and it becomes warm, but not uncomfortable to the touch.

A thin beam of bright light emanates from the tip of the crystal and lands upon the center of the room. From there lines of blue light spread towards the far wall, and start to climb the wall itself. They swirl and create a pattern, eventually meeting together at the center to create a deep blue circle that pulses with energy upon the wall.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 04:41 PM
Nera goes up to it and, if nothing happens, touches it. If nothing still happens, she holds the crystal up to it.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 04:44 PM
When you hold your hand to it you end up wiping away the dirt and the light becomes even brighter, you get a stronger feeling of warmth, but nothing more happens.

However once the crystal is pressed to it, the wall begins to shake, and dirt falls off the shifting pieces to show a stone and metal contraption. After a time, a 10 ft wide opening is now in the wall, with a soft blue light coming from within. You can feel a slight breeze blowing from the tunnel, and a slight sound of humming echoing within.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 04:53 PM
Nera puts the crystal around her necklace, as it had originally been, for the moment. Then she enters the mecha-cave, kukri drawn.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 04:57 PM
As you enter the door slowly slides shut behind you, the mechanisms stopping with a slight grind. Lights flicker on, one every five feet, leading down a flight of polished stone stairs. There are cobwebs and scattered bones lying about on the stairs.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 05:00 PM
Seeing nowhere else to go, Nera cautiously descends!

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 05:03 PM
Descending feels as though it takes forever, but the stairs are so uniform you can't really be sure how far you've gone. Finally when it seems like they will never end, they level off and you see another door in front of you with a blue circle on it like the first.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 05:04 PM
Nera repeats the previous actions, raising krystal to the blue light. :3

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 05:14 PM
You enter and a breathtaking sight is within:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m28dyrU35x1r29m0ko1_400.jpg

A painted night sky that looks so real hangs above you, with a lone planet far in the background.

A large crystal suspended in the air illuminates the room, spinning slowly as it does so. On both sides are large sarcophagi with intricate carvings, grand statues standing over them. All but one statue are beautiful to behold, All look elven, but something about them looks even grander than elven, more sagely, more perfect. However there is one statue that is not so, shattered and broken, mutilated, the sarcophagi below is cracked open and destroyed.

Steps lead up to the crystal.

There also appears to be writing on the Sarcophagi and on parts of the walls, it is a flowing script you do not recognize.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 05:35 PM
She approached the crystal in the center.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 06:41 PM
As you step up to it an apparition appears to glide out of the crystal, a young woman who resembles the people in the statues. She looks like a ghost, light blue in color, and full bodied. She wears robes like the statues as well.

She approaches you after her feet meet the floor. You feel almost locked in place as she begins speaking in something that sounds akin to elvish, but the words are much slower and smoother, almost like running water (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnZC-NCsbtI&feature=fvwrel). Her speech almost seems to carry more than one person's voice. (also, the music plays from that video because it makes it cooler :smalltongue:)

She slowly extends her hand towards your fore-head until it comes to rest there, you cannot move your body at all. You feel a slight pressure from her hand, and a heat, and suddenly you lose feeling in your body. You feel as though you are floating above yourself in the room. The painted ceiling seems to literally come alive, the stars and planets moving about as they would in the night sky, only much clearer and more visible than normal.

The sing-song voice of the woman continues in your mind, you can see her still holding her hand to your forehead below. Now however you understand her words, and the writing upon the walls makes sense to you.

She speaks "Child of the new races, you are the first of your kind to come among these hallowed walls without ill will in your heart. All others before you have fallen, not because of their weakness, but because they sought to plant seeds of darkness." You look around at the statues, they appear life-like, grim, old and beautiful in their own way. She continues "These were the ten, my people's guiding lights. We were the elder race, the first to come, and the first to pass from this world. We were known by our own tongue as the Morlus, but we are no more but specters haunting the lost places of this world, our home. We created your floating islands, and modified much of the world to our whims, but much of that is now lost. Our grand cities once covered the land, white spires reaching up to the heavens. Our technologies and magical abilities were great... and terrible. We did not look ahead, and one man corrupted the others." Suddenly dark tendrils spread from the broken statue, and one by one spread to the others, engulfing them in a sickening black bile.

"Vorlux, the father of our people had a dark seed planted into his heart. Where it came from, we know not, but he always craved more, and his dark cravings overtook us all. He pushed us onward towards darker and more terrible creations, leading up to some unseen purpose. Machines that challenged the very gods themselves. We became blinded, and we fell into ruin. When we all were slaves to his plan, he unleashed our creations and work upon the world. We only stopped him by sealing away the sources of our civilizations power, and with that sealed away, not only did his reign fall, but so did we. His power was still too great of us to even kill him, so he too was sealed away in the dark bowels of the earth. Time passed, but the dark works of Vorlux had left their wounds, and they never closed. We slowly faded into nothingness, and our works crumbled around our broken bodies. I am Nendala, the last of the 10, and this is my sanctuary."

The planet on the ceiling zooms in, and you can see a grand structure of white stone reaching into the sky, in a way like what Yorick described, but much grander. You watch as hordes of abominations cover the land, which slowly rots away, and the tower falls and crumbles, until it becomes the mouth of the cave you entered earlier that day.

"You have not arrived here without purpose child, the world is in danger once again. There are those who wish to awaken the old technologies, and even Vorlux himself, and claim the power for their own. They worship him as a god, and believe he will bring them ascendance. They would destroy the world in their quest for power and perfection, just as Vorlux did long ago. There are others too who seek this power, from emperors to con men and all those in between. Many don't know it even exists, but those who do hunger for it. But you, you hold the key to stopping their designs around your neck, it is one of the keys of the 10. With it they accomplish their goals, and if they ever gathered all of them at once, all would be lost. Many are nearing these goals even as we speak, some keys have already been taken, while others lie in wait to be found. It is your choice whether to partake in this quest, but remember this. The world rests on the edge of a knife, and the slightest shift in power could spell doom. If you do act on my words, may the gods keep your path clear and shine their light on you. Keep your eyes open to all, and your ears discerning of all, the hearts of mortals are easily corruptible, as were our's, trust no one, for they too may be hiding dark designs."

You feel yourself slowly sinking towards the floor and back into your body, you can move again, but you feel as though it has been centuries that you were here. The lights dim further, and the crystal's light fades away, while the crystal at your neck glows with a new power. You hear the woman's voice in your head again "My powers are much spent now, and I am slowly fading further. In times of great need you can call upon me to guide you, but otherwise I shall stay dormant."

The crystal's light fades as you hear the sound of machinery behind you. If you look, a passageway has opened in the crystal floorway in the center of the room leading further down while passageway you used to enter is no longer in sight.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 07:05 PM
Nera had listened patiently the entire time and, when the girl was gone, looked around to see the shifted stone. She began down the pathway, while thinking about where she should hide the crystal when out of this mecha-cave.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 07:28 PM
You go down the steps and follow where it leads you, eventually after twisting and turning you emerge into the daylight through a opening in stone set into the ground, it closes behind you.

You see the cave in the distance, and what seems to be the remains of the camp. You don't see anyone moving.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 07:43 PM
Nera removes the crystal from around her neck and places it back in the quiver. She looks again at the camp in the distance and dashes off, to go check on it.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 09:52 PM
As you approach a wide eyed man you recognize as Torvald suddenly pops up from behind a rock, he has a musket in his hands and he is aiming it at you. "Damn abominations, STAY DOWN!" He is trying to aim when suddenly he realizes who it is. He says "My god, its Nera, you're alive!"

He throws the gun to the ground and runs towards you. As he draws nearer you see that he is covered in scraps, cuts, bruises, and even a bite mark. His hair is a wild mess, the only thing that looks unmarred is his eyepatch.

"Where were you, when the torches blew out and those undead started crawling from every damn piece of dirt we thought they had dragged you off!?"

He looks like he hasn't slept a wink.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 09:55 PM
Nera looked at the gun when she had been pointed it, but hadn't flinched. "I had gone deeper into the cave. Stopped a zombie and a skeleton from getting out, then killed another before this entire cave fell in. Then some crap you won't believe happened in the chamber where I was stuck and I traveled for a bit of time before more crap you won't believe happened. Then I came out of the rock that way." She points to where she had come from. "And I discovered a torch works pretty nicely for killing skeletons. How did your survival go?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 10:02 PM
He gives you a strange look, but he seems too happy to care "You'll have to tell me sometime, I bet I could believe it after surviving what happened out here. After the lights flickered out, we only had a few campfires going, the undead were swarming us by then. A lot of people didn't make it, we thought you one of them. We fought off the horde, there must have been almost 70 of the bastards. They just started crawling out of the cave walls, I get what that halfling meant by shadows in shadow now after seeing that. The remaining crew is scared ****less, but we're going to try braving the swamp today. We need to make it out of here as soon as possible, we couldn't survive another attack like that."

Linguz
2012-08-12, 10:03 PM
"Who else survived?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 10:06 PM
"If Rodrick hadn't been with us, a lot less than we have now would have made it. He was able to use his powers to drive off some in time to protect those who were under heavy attack. Including Rodrick, the captain, myself, and you, there is about 37 of us left."

Linguz
2012-08-12, 10:08 PM
"Not so bad, considering what happened. Though, my armor's falling to pieces." She gets him to lead her to wherever the rest are and asks while they walk, "Did anyone who knows how to patch up leather survive? I can do it myself, but I'm not as good as I could be."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 10:12 PM
"Yeah, it could have been a lot worse. Marcus is still unconscious, but Rodrick thinks he'll survive, when he wakes up he should be able to help you."

As he talks he leads you to the cave, where the crew has set up makeshift barricades. Crew-members who look just as bad as Torvald peer up at you, seeing you alive seems to reinvigorate their spirits, yet they remain quiet and alert for the most part. Some crew-members are preparing items for the journey with the captain supervising. There is an area set-aside for the injured which Rodrick is watching over.

Linguz
2012-08-12, 10:15 PM
"Got it, when are we leaving?"

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 10:20 PM
(Its about 5 in the morning)

"The captain said we will be setting out in about an hour, luckily some volunteers watched for danger so the others could sleep, or the crew would never make the march."

Linguz
2012-08-12, 10:30 PM
"Alright, then I'll be back in a bit. Gonna go see if I can gather up some animals to use for my armor." Unless he said something, she took off to do just that, using her kukri if possible but using her greatbow if she found anything larger than small animals.

Survival to Find Suitable Leather: [roll0]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 10:44 PM
It takes you around 45 minutes, but you manage to come across a fox, you dispatch it and skin it for the leather you need then return to the cave. (you can choose to keep the meat too)

Linguz
2012-08-12, 10:51 PM
She does keep the meat and when she gets back to camp is when she skins it, giving the meat to whoever knows how to cook it since she wants to keep working on the skin. She might not be able to do it yet, but she can prepare it and make it so that putting it in her bag doesn't make her stink of carcass. She'll be doing this until they're ready to go and then put it in her backpack.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-12, 11:07 PM
Eventually everyone starts packing up and gathering their things. Luckily all those who needed urgent healing have been taken care of, those who died were burned so as not to rise the next night.

The captain approaches you "Do you feel like leading today, otherwise Yorick can handle it?"

Linguz
2012-08-13, 01:42 AM
"Honestly, I feel fine. He's had a rough time, staying up all night, or most of it. I feel refreshed, though. If he doesn't feel up to scouting today, tell him I can handle it today. Otherwise, if he's feeling up to it, he can lead."

ShadowySilence
2012-08-13, 03:24 PM
He nods and goes off to talk to Yorick, later Yorick approaches you just as you are about to leave "The captain and I spoke, I shall lead today, if you are ready to head out we should go and scout ahead."

Linguz
2012-08-13, 03:29 PM
"I'm all set." Nera finishes with the leather, putting it into her backpack, before standing up. Then she waited for him to lead the way before following after.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-13, 03:41 PM
He works his way back towards the swamp with you in tow, eventually you reach the shack again and the rest of the crew is on your tail (not literally you silly kitty :smalltongue:). You continue ahead, encountering no signs of obvious danger. Eventually you pass the obelisks again, and you get the feeling of being watched back as well. The captain didn't want to stop to rest, but the crew couldn't continue without at least eating so you make a quick camp at around 3 PM near a circle of obelisks.

Linguz
2012-08-13, 03:51 PM
Nera keeps watch of the surrounding area, bow drawn and off hand free to quickly take an arrow.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-26, 04:45 PM
Nothing occurs, although at times you thought you could hear a strange "whirring" noise from far off, it almost sounded like a small ship engine, but much higher-pitched. (assuming you go ahead early) you head farther into the obelisk infested swamp, you see what appears to be a building on the horizion, and by the time you reach it, the sun is nearly setting. The captain orders the crew to stop half a mile from the building for safety, it is a huge white tower.

He approaches you and Yorick after the crew begins to rest "I want you two to scout that structure, if those undead abominations come after us again, that building could be a good defensive point rather than sitting out here in the open. I personally don't like the look of it, but its the lesser of two evils."

The tower looks like this, although more battered and crumbling in some places:

http://centralia.aquest.com/geo/gowtower.gif

Linguz
2012-08-26, 04:49 PM
Nera nods and begins to head over to the place, her greatbow out and ready to fire on anything that might appear. She suspects that Yorick will probably be following her.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-26, 05:00 PM
As you approach the building you get that feeling of being watched even more, but nothing beyond this is noticeable. Large pieces of the building have broken off and lie in the swamp, the very top of the tower is impaled in the earth like a spear.

There is a large staircase leading up to huge stone double doors, each with ornate carvings on them, but the faces are so worn that they are nearly unrecognizable as faces at all, many look like deformed monsters. This goes for the statues all about the building it seems, what remains of their eyes seem to watch you.

The doors loom in front of you and Yorick looks to you, his bow at the ready for when you open the door.

Linguz
2012-08-26, 05:03 PM
Nera stows her bow and draws the axe before she opens the door.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-26, 05:08 PM
The door does not budge at first, but after applying enough pressure it begins to slide open, grinding slightly against the floor, then loosening and gliding more easily. The light floods into the darkness within, leaving some places still pitch black in the far reaches. Within you see what appears to be some doors and large staircases (1 door to your left, 1 door to your right, 1 door in front, and a stair case leading up to the same balcony on both sides near the two side doors). A rank smell comes from within.

Linguz
2012-08-26, 05:12 PM
Nera asks him if he has any way to get light and, if he doesn't, runs back to go get a torch.

When she has a way to get light, she uses it, holding the axe in one hand and torch in the other. She waves him in and goes over to the front door, opening it up slowly when Yorick was in place.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-26, 05:35 PM
Yorick hands you a torch from his pack, and after you light you both enter. The room fills further with light, the tall ceiling fades into darkness above you. The cracked floor is covered in moss and there appear to be vines growing through the stone due to years it wearing away at them (think fairly large vines). There is some rubble near the stairs to your right, you open slightly and peek in. Within there is a long hallway, there appear to be doors on both sides farther down, but you aren't sure. On the balcony above you, you hear the slight scrapping of stones.

Linguz
2012-08-26, 05:37 PM
Nera closes the door and points up. She puts a single finger from the axehand to her lips, signalling quiet, and goes up the left staircase, trying to be silent.

Move Silently: [roll0]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-26, 06:24 PM
Yorick watches and follows behind you, his bow ready to fire, but he stays at the bottom of the stairs aiming at the top. As you go up the stair you reach the top and see something short that you can't quite make out rush into the slightly ajar door, you can however hear its feet padding against the stone and echoing down the hall.

Linguz
2012-08-26, 07:13 PM
Nera follows it, not worrying about being as quiet now.

At the same time, she tried to determine what it was.

Nature: [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

ShadowySilence
2012-08-26, 07:18 PM
You determine that it sounds goblin in origin, the way the feet make that padding noise right after the rough toes touch the stone gives it away.

When you enter the hallway the thing went down, you do not see any sign of it, although your torch does reveal two doors at the far end of the hall (which isn't overly long). The hall has chipped murals on the walls appearing to depict rituals of some sort.

Linguz
2012-08-26, 07:57 PM
Nera goes to the two doors at the far end of the hall and looks to the floor every now and then, trying to find an area with displaced dust. In the end, she's trying to find a location which has footprints showing through the dust to try to determine the goblin's trail.

Survival (Track): [roll0] (if needed)

ShadowySilence
2012-08-26, 08:00 PM
When you reach the two doors Yorick is following behind you at the end of the hall, and from what you can see it looks like possibly two goblins had taken the door on the right.

Linguz
2012-08-26, 08:19 PM
Nera points to that door and proceeds to go there to open it up.

ShadowySilence
2012-08-26, 08:55 PM
The door is actually open already, you enter into a large open room which is open to the sky (it reaches up to the point in the tower where it broke off), so some amount of light enters in a shaft shape illuminating part of the room.

The room is like a bowl almost, with stone seats and the like (it looks sort of like this, but you can walk in between the various stands (http://www.jediholo.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Coruscant-Senate-Chambers.jpg)) with a hole in the center with many vines reaching out of it. The trail seems to end as you enter the room, a slight breeze blows and whistles.