PDA

View Full Version : Things which I seen once and can't find ever since

ShurikVch
2012-08-07, 02:58 AM
Hello!
There are things which I see one time and can’t find later. Maybe someone know them and can give a hint about a source, or post them there.
(Sorry for possible bad English. Not my language.)
1. Relatively simple: spell which work like “Magic Jar”, except both souls share the same body.
No, not the analogue Pathfinder spell. I seen it in some issue of Dungeon (or Dragon), or, maybe, some adventure.
Later I want to re-read details (class, level, duration etc.), but cannot find it.
Please give me at least name of the spell.
2. This is more complicated. It happened a time ago, so my memory can be a little inaccurate.
It started from balors in NWN 1. Flaming wings and skull faces are cool.:smallcool:
If standard balors don’t have them, probably there are some feat, or template, or PRC, or something else which allow them to have it. “Dungeons and Dragons” have everything – so was my thoughts when I started to Google it.
On flaming wings I give up pretty fast. I found literally nothing except Palrethee.
But the skull face... In a long time I got only this incarnum thing and links to warhammer mutations. But finally I fished out some book. It was definitely non-core. Maybe non-WotC. Maybe even not D20. But still it looks like D&D.
Only two classes – warrior and sorcerer. Among local gods was mentioned Tsathoggua or Shub-Niggurath. Sorcerers get mutations (Don’t remember how they was named, but they certainly sound like mutations). I don’t know if it was there class features, feats or something else; if player select from the available or just roll. I only remember there was “lesser” and “greater” kind , and lesser led to greater. For example, there was mutation “Third eye” (Extra eye? Forehead eye? I remember general sense, not an exact wording…) Don’t remember, which bonus it grant, but it leads to the greater mutation “Body of eyes”: eyes everywhere, grant all-around vision, but “if initial eye go blind – so all other eyes also will be blinded”(c). (Yes it’s how was worded: not just your new additional eyes, but ALL your eyes!).
And the very thing I searched. To it lead lesser mutation which cause your eyes to fall/leak out of your head. Strangely, you still can see, and even get Intelligence bonus (maybe it was an Initiative bonus, but it make even less sense). Eyes can be restored with heal, but then you lose Intelligence bonus. (Isn’t it a shout-out of old trick “Cripple the Eye of Gruumsh with the supposedly benevolent spell”? ) And finally - greater mutation Skullface (Skeletal face? Skull face? Skullfaced?). Even greater Intelligence bonus. Your face devoid of any flesh. “No, it doesn’t make you an undead”(c):smallwink:
Much much later I wanted to re-read this book, but can’t find it on my disk or by Google.:smallfrown: If someone know, which book it can be, please answer.

Yora
2012-08-07, 04:35 AM
In a long time I got only this incarnum thing and links to warhammer mutations. But finally I fished out some book. It was definitely non-core. Maybe non-WotC. Maybe even not D20. But still it looks like D&D.
Magic of Incarnum is a 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons book, if you mean that.

I am afraid I have a quite hard time making out what things you're asking for specifically.

It started from balors in NWN 1. Flaming wings and skull faces are cool.:smallcool:
If standard balors don’t have them, probably there are some feat, or template, or PRC, or something else which allow them to have it. “Dungeons and Dragons” have everything – so was my thoughts when I started to Google it.
On flaming wings I give up pretty fast. I found literally nothing except Palrethee.
Are you sure it was not a palrethee? In some pictures they have very skull like faces:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090611122653/forgottenrealms/images/5/56/Immolith.jpghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110510183160/forgottenrealms/images/thumb/2/26/Fire_Demon.jpg/300px-Fire_Demon.jpg

Only two classes – warrior and sorcerer. Among local gods was mentioned Tsathoggua or Shub-Niggurath. Sorcerers get mutations (Don’t remember how they was named, but they certainly sound like mutations). I don’t know if it was there class features, feats or something else; if player select from the available or just roll.
My first guess would be Call of Cthulhu d20.