PDA

View Full Version : The Game Begins (Dungeon 2)

mrcarter11
2012-08-07, 06:55 AM
Darkness overtakes you both as you step through the door. It feels like being pulled in hundreds of directions at once, until within a split second it stops. Before you now, you can see a floor of rock and walls of smoothed stone. Nothing else appears in sight, except of the darkness. A second ticks by, and then the Keeper's voice talks into your head.
"To make it to the exit and drink from the chalice there, will send you out. Creatures, traps and mercenaries hunt these halls and so you if you wish to escape, may the fate be on your side. "

This is how it appears, you start in any of the entrance blocks.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqLBtAMQgtX3dExMRnRtYjQ3QmpCTXJ5UWJJd2pFS Wc)

chrisrawr
2012-08-07, 12:20 PM
Xomish continues his path north, roaring a fierce challenge to those who might think they hunt him.

The man-eater has arrived.

Charge action directly north 10 feet. At the end of it, perception, roll will be linked here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13688240#post13688240)

begooler
2012-08-07, 12:46 PM
Tudela follows 20 feet behind Xomish, stepping gingerly along the stone floor. She holds her bow forward, with a free hand ready to grab an arrow or cast a spell.

Attempting to stay out of the range of his Xomish's light source if he has one. She can see in non-magical darkness.

If we roll init, Tudela currently has a total bonus of +13.

Using my standard action to ready "Sonic Shield." Triggered by hearing or seeing something hostile, such as one of these mercenaries.

Stance: Hawk's Eye
Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

mrcarter11
2012-08-07, 06:53 PM
Map in OP has been updated with movements. Continue as needed.

begooler
2012-08-07, 07:19 PM
Tudela will wait for Xomish to move forward, then follow 20ft behind with the same readied action as before.

Attempting to stay out of the range of his Xomish's light source if he has one. She can see in non-magical darkness.

If we roll init, Tudela currently has a total bonus of +13.

Using my standard action to ready "Sonic Shield." Triggered by hearing or seeing something hostile, such as one of these mercenaries.

chrisrawr
2012-08-07, 07:30 PM
Xomish continues his roaring warpath forward to the end of the hall.

[roll0] Listen

[roll1] Spot

mrcarter11
2012-08-08, 03:58 PM
A tall and well muscled creature stands at the far end of the hallway. It's skin is smoke grey and it wears heavy armor. Each of its hands end in fearsome looking claws of some sort. It however doesn't seem to notice you yet.

begooler
2012-08-08, 04:39 PM
Tudela stops her forward pace and casts the protective spell she had readied, quietly hoping the whispered verbal components won't give away her position. The spell envelopes her in a shimmering shield.
She studies the creature to determine what it is and how to best defeat it.

Init bonus= +13.
Cast Sonic Shield. +4 deflection to AC, grants other protections if attacked.

Also rolling for knowledge devotion. Is it okay to just roll the d20 and have you apply the appropriate mod?
Knowledge: [roll0]
Mods: Arcana (+14)
Dungeon(+10)
Nature (+10)
Religion (+14)
Planes (+10)

Move Silently: [roll1]
Hide: [roll2]
Spot: [roll3]
Listen: [roll4]

Edit: Didn't look at the map, I'd like to take these actions once I get to the corner where I can see the monster, unless that's impossible.

chrisrawr
2012-08-08, 05:14 PM
Reaching the end of the hallway and leaping against the wall, Xomish launches himself west into flight, hurtling a deadly-looking spine at the creature with a feral howl.

Not far behind the buzzing shaft, Xomish follows.

If surprise Round

Rage

Impaler at -2 to Attack for +6 damage.

Attack [roll0] (Auto Confirms Crit - crit range 19-20.)
Damage [roll1] Crit [roll2] + Sneak Attack [roll3]

Then for regular initiative [roll4]

If I'm before the creature, Charge w/ pounce -

Attack Rolls - Power Attack for 2.
Maul - [roll5] - If Crit (20), Confirm [roll6]
Bite - [roll7] - If Crit (20), Confirm [roll8]

Damage Rolls - Power Attack grants 3 to Maul, 2 to Bite
Maul - [roll9] - if Crit confirmed, [roll10]
Bite - [roll11] - if Crit confirmed, [roll12]

Using 1 Man Eater to autocrit+confirm last Maul if he's still alive;
Man-Eater Maul - Maul - [roll13]

-If not surprise round, or if I don't have initiative over him-

Same as above, but will fly to the top of the hallway in prep to charge, instead of the charge.

mrcarter11
2012-08-08, 08:28 PM
Between what you can assume to be the beast's thick hide and the heavy armor, your attacks fail to injure it. A wild cackle is heard as it attempts to tear in Xomish's flesh.

Note, that if any of these attacks miss you, none of them count.

Attack 1 [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Attack 2 [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Attack 3 [roll4] Damage [roll5]
Attack 4 [roll6] Damage [roll7]
Attack 5 [roll8] Damage [roll9]

begooler
2012-08-08, 09:06 PM
Tudela launches arrows at the beast, then after the enemy and Xomish exchange blows, she attempts to hinder it with a spell.

Not sure what's going on with turn order. I'm also waiting to get a result from my knowledge check which is somewhere between 25-29 depending on what kind of creature it is. I'll assume for now that's its not arcana or religion, if it is, I get an extra +1 on attack and damage rolls.

Initiative:

My initiative should be before Xomish's second attack, not sure if also before the monster.

I'm not sure if casting that buff on myself counted as the surprise round or the first round of combat, or just happened before all that so you can adjust my actions accordingly. I'm doing these things in the same order either way.
Surprise Round/Round 1:

Swift: Cast Hunter's Eye (Only if the monster hasn't acted, otherwise I'll save the spell)
Attacking with longbow, using emerald razor manuever. [roll1] Touch.
Damage: [roll2] + Sneak Attack [roll3]

Next: (Either on the first round of regular initiative, or my next action coming up.

Cast: Ray of the Python. Ranged Touch Attack. [roll4]
No save for first round.
Duration: 1 min.
Each round after the first it gets a reflex save to end the spell. DC 17.
Effect: Movement slowed by 10ft. Can only make one attack per round.
This should happen before the attack against Xomish, I think.

Edit: Also as a move action the round I cast the spell I want to use a dark knowledge (tactics) on it if it's applicable. (aberrations, elementals, magical beasts, outsiders, or undead)
[roll]1d20
That's before the mod, depending on what type of creature.

chrisrawr
2012-08-08, 10:29 PM
[whaoh, DR41+? That's intense.]

Xomish is hurtled to the floor, and lies there breathing in short gasps.

mrcarter11
2012-08-09, 07:51 AM
Order of events, if I missed something, let Me know.

1. The both of you spot an enemy. Surprise round is triggered, as you see it. Xomish attacks, and Tudela casts spell.
2. You guys act first from having a higher average initiative
3. None of Xomish's attacked hit, so Maneater doesn't do anything for the time. And Tudela casts Hunter's Eye
4. Monster attacks Xomish.

So does that all sound right?

begooler
2012-08-09, 11:17 AM
Makes sense. Also Hunter's eye was along with a bow attack. Did that hit? I think now its my turn. I'll take the last action that's listed in my last post, casting the Ray of the Python spell.

mrcarter11
2012-08-09, 11:48 AM
The TA hit yes, and now just waiting on Chris

begooler
2012-08-09, 12:14 PM
Which touch attack were you referring to, the one from the bow or the spell form the next round? I'm guessing both hit.
The round I cast ray of the python should be this round right before xomish's action. So it will affect the monster's next attack.

Also fixing my dark knowledge roll, which will buff xomish's attacks.
[roll0]
Still don't know what mod to add, did I get a result on my knowledge rolls from before?

chrisrawr
2012-08-09, 12:44 PM
Whoops, misread maneater. I still have an attack roll to make for it then; [roll0] after which, I'm at -1

mrcarter11
2012-08-10, 09:49 AM
Xomish's last attack seems to deal quite a bit of damage to the creature. It's thick hide is sliced apart and you can see its blood flowing freely. Tudela's ray now wraps itself around the beast and begins to hold it in place. It stands for a moment, not paying attention to Tudela, instead is pushing the slashed skin together and watching as the skin reattaches itself, stopping the blood loss.

You had asked about your bow attack, so I was talking about it. But yes, both attacks did hit. However the enemy attacked Xomish in the round before your ray, so the ray won't stop that chain off attacks, however it will stop it from attacking you the same way, so that's a bonus. It's injured and hurt, but it's currently healing itself. Your round begooler

The DK mod is +10, from nature.

begooler
2012-08-10, 10:36 AM
As Tudela aims at the monster, her arrow sparks with electricity. She quickly launches two shots in its direction, then adjusts her position slightly.

Swift Action: Using Lightning Arrows Boost
Full attack with rapid shot.
Using "Take Aim" maneuver. Attacks are touch.
After, 5 foot steps a little further away from the monster.

Attack 1:[roll0] (Touch)
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] (Take Aim) + [roll3] (Electricity)

Attack 2:[roll4] (Touch)
Damage: [roll5] + [roll6] (Take Aim) + [roll7] (Electricity)

Notes:
Sonic Shield is still active. If Tudela is attacked, attacking creature makes a fort save DC 17 or is forced 5ft back. It also takes 1d8 sonic damage.
Dark Knowledge only works on (aberrations, elementals, magical beasts, outsiders, or undead) so if it's nature I'm guessing it doesn't work and didn't apply it. I did apply the knowledge devotion bonus.

Description of maneuvers if needed:

Lightning Arrow
Phoenix Feather (Boost) [Electricity]
Level: Crusader 1, Swordsage 1
Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: End of turn
A moment of focus is all it takes to cause your arrows to spark with electricity. When you initiate this maneuver, electricity cascades down the curve of your bow and leaps to your arrows when you fire them. For the rest of your turn, your ranged attacks deal an extra 1d6 points of electrical damage, +1 point per initiator level.

Take Aim
Falcon's Eye (Strike)
Level: 3
Prerequisite: One Falcon's Eye maneuver
Initiation Action: 1 full-round action
Range: Weapon range
Target: One creature
Duration: Instantaneous
With a moment of focus, you find a chink in your opponent's armor that is large enough for you to get a series of arrows through. As part of this maneuver, you make a full-attack with a ranged weapon. These attacks are resolved as touch attacks and deal an additional 2d6 points of damage per arrow.

mrcarter11
2012-08-11, 09:40 AM
Now it moves forward, bearing down on Tudela. The ray stops it from another reckless assault. It's steps are slowed by both wounds and magic, but it does manage to close the distance to attack.

Attack 1d2)+17
Damage [roll0]

begooler
2012-08-11, 01:22 PM
Suspense builds as we wait to see if the attack landed, though chances are it did. (Roll didn't work.) AC is 23.

If attack hits, monster takes [roll0] sonic damage (no save.) It then should roll a fortitude save (DC 17) or be pushed back 5ft.

mrcarter11
2012-08-11, 01:38 PM
W
Didn't notice that

[roll0]

If needed fort save [roll1]

begooler
2012-08-11, 02:41 PM
"This really is a taxing challenge." Tudela states, with a huff of both nervousness and frustration.
After taking the blow, Tudela ducks and falls back, putting some distance between herself and the enemy. She grasps a pinch of clay from the pouch of spell components around her neck, quickly forms two flat sheets and smashes them into the ground. The smooth stone floor of the dungeon shapes itself into two thin walls on either side of the 'troll.'

Casting stone shape, shaping 16 cu ft of stone.
Two walls box in the troll. The one between Tudela and the troll is the width of the hall (10ft) 2 inches thick, and a little under 3 feet high.
The wall between Xomish and the troll is the width of the hall (10ft) 3,inches thick and 4 ft high.

The 'troll' can't make AOO's because of ray of the python. It gets to start saving now to shake off the spell. (DC 16)
Moving back 40 feet.

begooler
2012-08-11, 05:06 PM
Should mention, the DC 16 save to shake off ray of the python is reflex.

mrcarter11
2012-08-11, 11:37 PM
The things seems to lack proper intelligence as it simply stands there clawing at the air between the two of you, the stone seems to effectively stop it.

begooler
2012-08-12, 12:30 AM
After backing up for safety, Tudela runs back towards the 'troll' and Xomish. With a moment of concentration, she teleports past the monster and the two walls she formed.
Next, Tudela speaks some holy words and touches the maneater on the shoulderblade.

Two turns described if that's okay, between which the monster can do damage to the wall or try to escape and Xomish loses another HP.

Turn 1: Move action turn around and come back towards monster and xomish. Standard action use shadow jaunt maneuver to teleport to Xomish.

Turn 2: Standard action cast extended lesser vigor on Xomish. He'll gain 1hp per round for the next three minutes, for a total of +30hp healed. She's not going to wait for him to get back up though, and will start launching more arrows on her next turn.

By this point Tudela's Sonic Shield has faded.

begooler
2012-08-12, 12:43 PM
Standing alongside the recovering man eater, Tudela resumes her assault against the trapped 'troll,' now with a different type of arrow.

I'll go ahead and post the next few turns, since I think I'm the only one taking actions. I'll mark how much total HP Xomish has gained. If the creature breaks through the wall, just interrupt my progress at that point.
Also, Tudela gains 3hp (up to 30 per day) for bow attacks that hit, so let me know the total number.
Using Dragonsbreath arrows, which deal 1 fire damage with each attack. Just in case.

Turn 3
(Xomish +2)
Full Round Action to make a single ranged attack and recover maneuvers.
Attack: [roll0] Against regular AC.
Damage: [roll1] +1 fire

Turn 4
(Xomish +3)
Swift Action: Lightning Arrows
Full Round Attack with Rapid Shot, Take Aim Manuever
Attack 1: [roll2] Touch.
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4] (Take Aim) +1 fire

Attack 2: [roll5] Touch.
Damage: [roll6] + [roll7] (Take Aim) +1 fire

Turn 5
(Xomish +4)
Standard Action: Emerald Razor Maneuver
Attack: [roll8] Touch.
Damage: [roll9] +1 fire

Xomish has gained a total of 4 hp by this point and should be up!

begooler
2012-08-12, 12:59 PM
Whoops, add this damage to the damage on Turn 4.

Electricity Damage from Attack 1:
[roll0]

Electricity Damage from Attack 2:
[roll1]

chrisrawr
2012-08-12, 05:01 PM
With a whining growl, Xomish rises from the floor, his body lacerated with cuts and bone quite visible. Still, on wings unsteady, he rises once more to the top of the hallway. A word that may have been in thanks escaped his bloody maw, though wary of the other he remains.

mrcarter11
2012-08-13, 08:28 AM
It takes only a single arrow attack for the monster to fall to the ground unconscious. Xomish is back up and active as well. And now the two of you are left alone once more in the dungeon.

begooler
2012-08-13, 12:15 PM
Tudela adjusts her readied maneuvers while waiting for Xomish to continue onward.

Switched out Emerald Razor for Reciprocating Shot.

chrisrawr
2012-08-13, 12:47 PM
Xomish leaps at the prone humanoid, and begins rending it apart, devouring limbs and awash in blood. When he finishes, he begins to once more lope down the twisting paths, though limpingly.

Waiting on map update.

begooler
2012-08-13, 02:08 PM
Proceeding cautiously, again, about 10-20ft behind Xomish.

mrcarter11
2012-08-14, 12:06 AM
As the two of you move past the creature's body and turn the hall thereafter, you come across a dead end. However, a soft warm glowing light envelopes the area, nearly beckoning you into it.

begooler
2012-08-14, 12:08 AM
Tudela casts detect magic, intent on studying the source of the glow, all the while wary of it.

mrcarter11
2012-08-14, 12:42 AM
The light projects an overwhelming power of Conjuring magic.

begooler
2012-08-14, 12:59 AM
In case it's possible to discern a particular spell, Spellcraft check.
[roll0]

mrcarter11
2012-08-14, 02:00 AM
No particular spell, however, the magic does seem, benevolent.

begooler
2012-08-14, 11:49 AM
"Could possibly be some form of teleportation or healing magic. Hopefully something beneficial."

Tudela reaches out to touch the glow and find out.

mrcarter11
2012-08-14, 12:40 PM
As Tudela touches the light, a bolt of energy surges into you. The force of it is a bit intense, knocking you back and prone, and yet as soon as the energy hit you, you could feel wounds being fixed, internal damage healing in an instant, and you feel energized suddenly, you feel ready to go and escape this dungeon.
It knocks you back five feet, and prone, however it heals you for any HP damage you have, and ability damage if you have any.

chrisrawr
2012-08-15, 05:23 PM
Seeing the small one knocked off his feet by the aura, Xomish quickly turns, searching for another route.

(He'll head 20 feet west from the entrance)

begooler
2012-08-15, 05:33 PM
Tudela will call out to Xomish. "Come back over here beast, it will mend your wounds!"
She'll wait for Xomish to heal himself if he turns around, if not, she'll follow him as before.

chrisrawr
2012-08-16, 06:57 PM
Xomish ignores the small figure, continuing onward. He'd only been healed before because the little thing needed him to fight the manbeast - who knew what chance he stood against a surprise or trap in this weakened state? Xomish knows nothing of magic, a healing spell and a death spell would sound the same to him, though the former would prove to be quite deadly at this point.

begooler
2012-08-16, 07:29 PM
Tudela shakes her head. "Like herding cats this is. At least this beast is hearty, even if he is pretty dim."
Tudela follows Xomish's lead, to see what trouble they'll find next.

Also, I'm really enjoying the dichotomy between these two characters.

mrcarter11
2012-08-16, 09:49 PM
As you near the end of the hallway, it opens in both directions. To the right it stops quickly, it seems to act as a shelter for a large human. Or human looking creature. His body is covered in decorative tattoos and markings, like tribal paint. He stares at Xomish but doesn't attack. It would seem he is uninterested in combat, unless deemed necessary.

To the left, is a long stretch or hallway, that does end at some ways down. However the wall, seems, odd.

begooler
2012-08-17, 03:16 PM
Tudela holds her bow at the ready but does not attack.
"We seek the chalice that is in these halls. Will you direct us to it or stand in our way?"

chrisrawr
2012-08-17, 04:56 PM
Lacking the element of surprise, Xomish opts to let the small one talk a while. An opening to attack might present itself.

(If it makes any difference, I have Darkvision 60ft for looking down that hall)

mrcarter11
2012-08-17, 05:14 PM
The man stands and you that in his off hand as very large warhammer, made for someone twice his size at least. He however doesn't attack, instead he replies.

" I am Kinith. The king of this maze. The chalice is far from here young travelers, far indeed. "

begooler
2012-08-17, 06:15 PM
Tudela moves from behind Xomish. "And will you direct us to where it is?"

Moving to E12.
I also have darkvision 60ft if relevant.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

mrcarter11
2012-08-17, 07:14 PM
"Ah. Well I could. I've seen other leave this place after all. I was once like you. " His eyes narrow a bit and he tenses for a brief second as if to prepare for a fight, and then his body relaxes and he continues speaking. "Head back the way you came from to start with. And then walk straight until you meet the wall. Follow that wall right, and you'll eventually make it to the chalice."

He means the wall that now has a green section. To follow it towards the higher numbers, or down, in the case of the map.

begooler
2012-08-17, 09:34 PM
"Once like us? Does this place change people so?"

Tudela will then head in that direction.

A double move will put her at P11

mrcarter11
2012-08-18, 10:38 PM
The man doesn't answer you, instead turning away from you and sitting inside his small den, as if to hide from the world.

As you move to the wall mentioned, you can in fact see a path leading the way he mentioned.

chrisrawr
2012-08-19, 03:38 AM
My post must not have posted; I'd said Xomish was going to limp ahead to S16, squeezing as he is large

mrcarter11
2012-08-19, 12:36 PM
Map Updated

chrisrawr
2012-08-19, 06:29 PM
Xomish squeezes through the last of the now-bloodied hallway, giving himself a shake.

Growling, he surveys the area.

Spot, Listen [roll0], [roll1]

begooler
2012-08-19, 08:26 PM
Tudela follows, also watching.

mrcarter11
2012-08-20, 05:54 AM
So your moving down the corridor still?

begooler
2012-08-20, 09:33 AM
Does the special wall continue or is it just those squares?

mrcarter11
2012-08-20, 06:45 PM
Alright I started using grey to show what you can tell isn't a wall, but you can't really see clearly there yet, as your to far away. Past the grey is black, but you don't know if the black is more open space or a wall, as it's just to dark to see that way. And yes I do know you both have darkvision.

begooler
2012-08-20, 06:52 PM
Tudela inspects the odd wall.

Seacrch check on the green squares. Also casting detect magic. (This is two rounds worth of actions.)

Taking ten on search if allowed. If not:
[roll0]
Tudela does not have trapfinding.

If the green wall is magical, will concentrate and make a spellcraft check if she's not interrupted in the meantime.
[roll1]

mrcarter11
2012-08-20, 07:00 PM
I was trying to not confuse you, but it seems I did. The green coloring is to mark the squares that the man was talking about. They are part of the wall and perfectly normal, I was just trying to show you the wall that the man was talking about, and what way to follow it.

begooler
2012-08-20, 07:14 PM
Ah okay. Tudela will still inspect the wall all the same before continuing.

mrcarter11
2012-08-22, 06:38 PM
The wall doesn't seem magical and it seems nothing special.

begooler
2012-08-22, 06:58 PM
Continuing forward, presumably behind Xomish if he is also moving forward.

chrisrawr
2012-08-22, 08:36 PM
Xomish rushes straight south [50 feet, taking to flight] with reckless abandon.

mrcarter11
2012-08-23, 06:50 AM
As Xomish takes off down the hallway, he's hit by a spray of gas about a third of the way down that quickly overtakes he's balance and dexterity.

Reflex save vs DC 22 to avoid the spray.
Fort save vs DC 14 or your nauseated
Fort save vs DC 17 or - [roll0] Dex

chrisrawr
2012-08-23, 03:19 PM
Fort1 vs 14 [roll0]
Fort2 vs 17 [roll1]
Ref1 vs 22 [roll2]

mrcarter11
2012-08-24, 07:51 PM
Xomish is fine and still going, just so you know. Up to you, if you want to continue.

chrisrawr
2012-08-24, 08:29 PM
Yes, he continues down the hall to [S,23] as high as he can be.

mrcarter11
2012-08-26, 09:45 AM
As Xomish comes closer, even above the ground, it's clear that the ground ahead is quite unstable and isn't normal flooring like seen so far. Ahead of the odd unstable ground is a group of four archers.

begooler
2012-08-26, 01:34 PM
Tudela continues behind Xomish, avoiding the trap if at all possible, and stopping before the unstable floor if she notices it.

If necessary:
Fort vs 14 [roll4]
Fort vs 17 [roll5]
Ref vs 22 [roll6]

chrisrawr
2012-08-26, 11:36 PM
INITIATIVE! [roll0]

Each of the archers finds themselves the target of a deadly hooked spine - those impaled find themselves greatly hindered and weakened by the salvo.

4 Attacks, left to right from top-down view

Attack, [roll1], Damage, [roll2], Crit Attack, [roll3], Crit Damage, [roll4],

Attack, [roll5], Damage, [roll6], Crit Attack, [roll7], Crit Damage, [roll8],

Attack, [roll9], Damage, [roll10], Crit Attack, [roll11], Crit Damage, [roll12],

Attack, [roll13], Damage, [roll14], Crit Attack, [roll15], Crit Damage, [roll16]

Those hit suffer -1AC, -5ft Movement (or half movement speed when flying), ignore DR/Hardness, and suffer a -6 penalty to their total HP.

begooler
2012-08-26, 11:52 PM
Initiative too!
[roll0]
Tudela is 20-40 feet behind Xomish, right?
On her turn, Tudela casts Divine Sacrifice and moves if necessary. She's got her bow ready to start shooting next round.

begooler
2012-08-26, 11:54 PM
Should also Knowledge Devotion. Assuming Nature, and will correct if different.

[roll0]

mrcarter11
2012-08-30, 05:51 AM
Sorry guys, I never received notice of this updating. Sorry abou that, and hope your both still around and interesting.

The four archers are able to avoid the volley of spikes and answer in kind. Three arrows at Xomish and two more at Tudela.

Tudela
Attack 1 [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Attack 2 [roll2] Damage [roll3] Applied to all mental stats.

Xomish
Attack 1 [roll4] Damage [roll5]

Attack 2 [roll6] Damage [roll7]

Attack 3 [roll8] Damage [roll9] + [roll10]

mrcarter11
2012-08-30, 05:53 AM
Critical Confirm Roll

[roll0]

chrisrawr
2012-08-30, 01:21 PM
Waoh, what kind of arrow deals 1d20+12 damage 0_o

Barely missing his heart, but with little to stop it in any case, Xomish plummets from the air.

mrcarter11
2012-08-30, 02:31 PM
He got to treat damage as a skill check.

mrcarter11
2012-09-04, 08:27 AM
Posts anyone?

chrisrawr
2012-09-04, 09:01 AM
[Well, I'm dead. Like dead dead... Xomish lasted less long and did less gooder than I thought :) ]

mrcarter11
2012-09-04, 09:05 AM
Oh. I'm sorry. :smallfrown: Would you like to make a new character, or are you leaving the Game?

chrisrawr
2012-09-04, 02:37 PM
I'll roll something up and pm you when I get it :P We'll see where (s?)he ends up!

begooler
2012-09-04, 06:30 PM
Tudela's eyes widen as she watches Xomish drop to the floor.
She swiftly retaliates against the attack towards her, then casts a spell, conjuring a swirling cloud of abrasive sand to hinder the archers. She then retreats into the narrow hallway to gain some cover.

Ack! Good thing that ability damage arrow missed, or Tudela would be a drooling heap of 0 Charisma.
Immediate Action: Reciprocating Shot against archer that hit Tudela.
Attack 1d20+14
Damage: 11. Fort Save DC 15 for half. Heals Tudela 3 damage if it hits.

Standard and Move:
Casting Haboob (description below) 20 foot radius (and 20 feet high) centered on archer 1. (Q29)
Each of the archers take [roll0] damage from abrasive dust. Reflex DC 17 for half. The archers also have total concealment for attacks from and to Tudela.
Tudela then moves back to S17. (After casting, so they don't know where she moved to)

HABOOB (Sandstorm 117)
A thick haze of swirling dust and sand swirls out from the point you designate. The effect obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment. Creatures farther away have total concealment. Unprotected, nonmagical flames are automatically extinguished, and there is a 50% chance that protected flames will be snuffed.
In addition to obscuring sight, the swirling dust abrades any creature within it or attempting to move through it. Any creature passing through the haze takes 1d4 points of damage per two caster levels (maxi- mum 5d4), with no save allowed. If you conjure haboob so that it appears where creatures are located, each creature takes damage as if passing through the haze. Such creatures take half damage with a successful Reflex save, but if these creatures do not leave the affected area at their next opportunity, they take full damage from the abrading sands (no save) as if they had voluntarily entered the area. Any creature that remains within the affected area for more than 1 round likewise takes damage automatically (no save).
A moderate wind (11+ mph) dis- perses the dust in 8 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses it in 4 rounds. This spell does not function underwater.

Reciprocating Shot
Phoenix Feather (Counter) [Force]
Level: Crusader 3, Swordsage 3
Prerequisite: None
Initiation Action: 1 immediate action
Range: Weapon range
Target: Attacking creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude half

You may initiate this maneuver immediately after taking damage. When you initiate this maneuver, you immediately make a single attack at your highest attack bonus at the creature that struck you. If you hit, your attack deals an amount of damage equal to your maximum hit points minus your current hit points. If the targeted creature makes a Fortitude save (DC = 5 + Spot ranks + Wisdom modifier), they instead take half that amount.

Note that I am assuming knowledge nature was correct for the knowledge devotion. Let me know if its not, because that may mean different attack bonuses.

begooler
2012-09-04, 06:34 PM
Accidentally added a space on the attack roll, ruining it.

Immediate Action: Reciprocating Shot against archer that hit Tudela.
Attack [roll0]
Damage: 11. Fort Save DC 15 for half. Heals Tudela 3 damage if it hits.

mrcarter11
2012-09-05, 10:41 AM
No more arrows are fired, but you have no knowledge if the archers remain in the dust storm or not. But you did see your own arrow hit the enemy archer.

begooler
2012-09-05, 11:56 AM
Tudela looses two arrows into the cloud, then takes a short step backwards.

50% miss chance. You can roll for, me. Let me know if you prefer me to do it.
Full Attack with Rapid Shot, and Take Aim Maneuver
Attack 1: [roll0] 50% miss.
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

Attack 2: [roll3] 50% miss.
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5]

5ft step back.

begooler
2012-09-05, 11:59 AM
Also, any archers still within the cloud or moving through it take [roll0] damage, no save.

mrcarter11
2012-09-05, 12:03 PM
Turn noted, but I'm still not sure if you'd know they were there or not. Also how long does the spell last?

begooler
2012-09-05, 12:11 PM
6 minutes. With the ability to negate the concealment, it would be a very effective method for taking them out, right now its mostly a 'keep them from killing me instantly measure.'

I guess a listen check to hear them, or hear the arrows hit them?
[roll0]

Oh also, if an arrow hits, I would know because it would heal me. At least until I've used up that crystal's ability for the day.

mrcarter11
2012-09-05, 12:13 PM
Fair enough, you manage to heal once.

begooler
2012-09-05, 12:21 PM
Affirmed that at least something living is still in the cloud, Tudela continues her assault against the unseen foes. She fires two arrows, that crackle with electricity.

5ft step to the square I shot from last turn. (S17)
Another Full Round Attack with Rapid Shot. Swift Action for Lighting Arrows this time.

Attack 1: [roll0] 50% miss.
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]electricity

Attack 2: [roll3] 50% miss.
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5]electricity

Any archers in the cloud or moving through it take [roll6] damage, no save.

mrcarter11
2012-09-05, 12:25 PM
This time the arrows come back with nothing and you can just make out the sounds of footsteps over the sandstorm.

begooler
2012-09-05, 12:42 PM
Tudela fires one arrow, directed past the cloud. takes a few moments to ready herself, listening for signs of the archers.

Round 1: Full round action to recover expended maneuvers, and make a single attack. (S34)
Attack: [roll0] 50% miss.
Damage: [roll1]

[roll2] damage to creatures moving through or standing in the sandstorm. No save.

Round 2:
If nothing happens, Tudela readies an attack against an archer if one appears, or if an arrow is sent towards her, in the direction it came from.

[roll3] damage to creatures moving through or standing in the sandstorm. No save.

mrcarter11
2012-09-09, 12:39 PM
You hear a soft thud as your arrow hits the ground, but nothing seems to come out at you. And the storm of sand still makes seeing near impossible.

begooler
2012-09-09, 12:55 PM
Tudela waits with her readied attack for the sandstorm to subside. (In a little more than 5 minutes.)

mrcarter11
2012-09-09, 12:59 PM
A minute or so into waiting, Tudela can hear movement behind her. Her hearing grows keen in this instant and she detects three creatures, moving forward from behind her.

begooler
2012-09-09, 01:17 PM
Tudela quietly steps around the corner, and waits for the creatures coming down the hall. She readies an attack towards them if they appear.

Move from S17 to Q18. Readied attack.

mrcarter11
2012-09-09, 02:12 PM
Three creatures moves past her, two small wolf like ones, and a single horse sized one. Smoke comes off their bodies, while flames replace what you would consider breathe. Their fur is dark and ashy, with eyes like tiny crimson bulbs.

I didn't have you attack, I figured you might want to sneak away instead of something, so if you still want to, let me know. Thanks,

begooler
2012-09-10, 12:44 AM
Knowledge, for Knowledge Devotion and if there's anything she would be able to discern about these.

[roll0] If Nature, Dungeoneering or Planes. Another +4 if Religion or Arcana

begooler
2012-09-10, 01:01 AM
Not ideal circumstances, but it might be worse for these creatures to sneak up upon me later, thinks Tudela to herself. She launches her readied arrow, attempting to strike the horse-like creature.

The knowledge roll adds +2 to attack and damage, as long as its any of those knowledges up there, and not like, nobility or something.

Readied Attack:
[roll0]

Initiative: [roll2]

If Tudela wins initiative, she makes another attack against the horse creature, assuming it is still there.

Move Action: Dark Knowledge (Tactics)
Knowledge:[roll3] (or more as appropriate)

Standard action attack, with bow, regular arrows.
Attack: [roll4](+ bonus from Dark Knowledge, if any)
Damage: [roll5]

begooler
2012-09-10, 01:03 AM
Dark knowledge will add +1 to the attack if the creature is a magical beast, aberration, undead, outsider, or elemental. No bonus if its another creature type.

mrcarter11
2012-09-10, 01:20 AM
Does Dark Knowledge add to the attack or damage?

begooler
2012-09-10, 01:26 AM
Dark knowledge (archivist class feature) is only attack rolls, but knowledge devotion (feat) is attack and damage. So, that last attack was a 17, if against an appropriate creature type.

mrcarter11
2012-09-10, 01:39 AM
Tudela's first arrow manages to hit the creature but just so, and it seems to mostly just alert the monster to Tudela's presence. Quick reflexes allow Tudela another arrow which goes wide to miss it's mark. Leaving the two smaller dogs to both attack at your feet, while the larger one breathes fire upon you.

Monster 1
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Fire Damage [roll2]

Monster 2
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Fire Damage [roll5]

Monster 3
Reflex save vs DC 16 for half
[roll6]

begooler
2012-09-10, 02:08 AM
Tudela takes a step back, and slings two arrows at the fire breathing 'horse.'

Ref: [roll0]

Full round attack, Rapid Shot, Take Aim Maneuver, using swift action to use Lightning Arrows Maneuver.
Using Cold Iron Arrows, because, who knows?

Attack 1: [roll1] Against Touch AC.
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]Take Aim + [roll4] Electricity

Attack 2: [roll5] Against Touch AC.
Damage: [roll6] + [roll7]Take Aim + [roll8] Electricity

The arrow that hit last round, and arrows that hit this round heal Tudela for 3 damage each, if she is at less than full HP.

mrcarter11
2012-09-10, 02:54 AM
Tudela's first arrow misses again, though her second manages to hit the beast, though it still doesn't seem ready to die or be near death even. The larger one now moves forward to bite at you, while the smaller two back up and each blow smaller bouts of flame at you.

Monster 1
Damage [roll0] Fire

Monster 2
Damage [roll1] Fire

Monster 3
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Extra Damage [roll4] Fire

Saves against the fire for half, at DC 13

begooler
2012-09-10, 03:02 PM
Reflex saves, to see what condition she's in before I take an action...

1:[roll0]
2:[roll1]
3:[roll2]

begooler
2012-09-10, 03:13 PM
Tudela swifly returns the horse sized creatures attack, and after stepping back, continues her increasingly desperate assault against it.

Immediate Action: Reciprocating Shot against horse-size beast.
Attack [roll0]
Damage: 22. Fort Save DC 15 for half. Heals Tudela 3 damage if it hits.

5ft Step.
Full round attack, rapid shot. Against 'horse'
Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Each hit heals for 3.

mrcarter11
2012-09-11, 12:16 AM
The last series of arrows are able to bring down the beast and it takes only a few moments for the two smaller wolf like creatures to come back at you.

Monster 1
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Fire Damage [roll2]

Monster 2
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Fire Damage [roll5]

begooler
2012-09-11, 04:15 AM
Tudela steps back, and with a moment of concentration, tries to get her bearings while firing at one of the beasts.

5ft step.
Recovering maneuvers.
Single attack against monster 1.

Attack: [roll0]

mrcarter11
2012-09-11, 12:23 PM
The arrow lodges itself firmly in the target and the creatures drops dead, which sends the other one running. you can see an opportunity for one shot at it, before it turns the corner and runs.

It's running, and you got an AoO against it. It's movement speed coupled with Run puts it about 100 feet away next round if you wish to try and attack with more then an AoO

begooler
2012-09-11, 12:31 PM
Tudela attempts to stop the fleeing beast, lest it alert other enemies in the dungeon.

AOO
Attack: [roll0]

mrcarter11
2012-09-12, 08:12 PM
The last arrow, while not nearly as accurate is still a good shot as you manage to hit the retreating beast. As before you manage to down the beast with a single shot.

begooler
2012-09-12, 09:18 PM
With a sigh of relief Tudela takes a moment to inspect the bodies of the fallen beasts around her, including her companion Xomish. (Collecting any items.) She casts a spell on Xomish's body that will make it more likely that he could be raised later. Then, she quietly attempts to backtrack to that healing wall, while waiting for the sandstorm to disperse.

Spending turn attempt to Spontaneously cast Gentle Repose.
Moving at 40ft a round (instead of double speed), in order to be more stealthy. You can roll checks for me.
If can get to and from wall uninterrupted, will proceed in the direction Tudela and Xomish were headed.
If nothing is moving were the archers were; she'll use shadow jaunt to teleport across the orange squares on the ground.

mrcarter11
2012-09-14, 02:12 PM
Your search of the bodies, only reveals an amulet, however you are able to backtrack to the healing wall and return to where you currently are, without any issues.

begooler
2012-09-14, 10:24 PM
Tudela will wear the amulet. If the sandstorm is still going on, she will wait for it to pass, then look around.

If she does not see the archers, Tudela teleports over the odd tiles to where the archers were shooting from. Then she uses a full round action to refresh her manuevers.

mrcarter11
2012-09-15, 01:13 PM
The sandstorm clears and no is sight. Once you teleport over, you still see no one and are left alone for the time being.

begooler
2012-09-16, 09:12 PM
Creeping along the zig-zagged wall, Tudela proceeds to the beginning of the narrow hallway.

mrcarter11
2012-09-18, 04:12 PM
As you begin to move down, you pass by where the archers were, only to now find their dead bodies there. All four, slain by the sands. As you progress down the narrow hallway, you encounter a orb, that glows and yet lets off no light nor heat. The hallway ends abruptly where the orb simply floats.

As you walk down the hallway though, you notice marks on the left side of the hallway. The walls are marked with battle, and heavy tearing, as if something attempted to rip through the wall in pure madness.

begooler
2012-09-18, 04:58 PM
Tudela casts a detect magic spell, observing the archers, (meanwhile restocking her normal arrows from their quivers, and if any of their arrows are magical, or otherwise special, she collects them too.) After finishing with the archers, Tudela scans the orb with the detect magic spell.

A few searches and spellcrafts if necessary...

Search:[roll0]
Search:[roll1]
Search:[roll2]
Search:[roll3]
Search:[roll4]

Spellcraft: [roll5]
Spellcraft: [roll6]
Spellcraft: [roll7]
Spellcraft: [roll8]
Spellcraft: [roll9]

mrcarter11
2012-09-19, 04:59 PM
None of the archers had magical arrows, and you are able to find yours without issue. The orb itself doesn't detect as magical, but you can easily assume that it is. As curiosity begins to set in, the Keeper's voice speaks into your mind once more.

"Congrats player, you have discovered an orb. Five orbs adorn each level, hidden or in plain sight, and to collect all five shall bring you a special gift. Share this knowledge with others if you wish, or horde the knowledge of their existence for yourself."

begooler
2012-09-20, 11:47 PM
"So, there is information to be learned here."
Tudela collects the orb; then continues ahead.

Not a dead end, right?
If so, search for any secret doors, taking 20 for 28.

mrcarter11
2012-09-21, 04:55 AM
It does dead end..

You feel like your missing another door, however you can't actually find it.

begooler
2012-09-21, 09:14 PM
Tudela retraces her steps to see where she might have gone wrong.
Will turn around and go back to inspect one of the orange squares. (Taking 2 minutes a piece to take 20 on search (28) and spot (30))

mrcarter11
2012-09-22, 04:45 AM
The ground that you move back towards still seems as shifty as it did before. But now under more intense study you determine that the ground likely can't hold any type of weight upon it without sinking in on itself.

begooler
2012-09-22, 06:19 PM
Tudela drags one of the archers' bodies over to the area, and pushes it on top of the sinking floor.

mrcarter11
2012-09-23, 01:42 AM
The loose ground shifts as weight is added to it. It doesn't take to long for the ground to start taking the body under, and quite quickly the whole body is gone.

I'm assuming your confused because of the directions that the tall guy gave you?

begooler
2012-09-23, 12:20 PM
Yes I was wondering if maybe following that wall was supposed to lead us to some other passage through that floor.

mrcarter11
2012-09-23, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't try that.

Two things to think about.

If the wall dead ends, then it is technically the same wall that heads back in the other direction.

Your in a maze fighting for your life, you may be lied to.

begooler
2012-09-24, 03:26 PM
Tudela goes back to the dead end, tracing her fingers along the wall. She turns right, and right again as the hallway comes to an end. She follows the wall back to the opening in the room.
"Hm... I could keep following this... but eventually wouldn't it lead, back?"
She returns to the room with the tattooed creature. (Using her shadow jaunt to avoid the hazardous floor, and then taking a moment to recover the ability.)

mrcarter11
2012-09-24, 05:23 PM
Since this seems more complicated then it had been meant. He was referring to following the wall into the side room just past before the orange squares.

As you head back to the room where you once found the tattooed man, you now find the man gone.

begooler
2012-09-26, 04:53 PM
"There aren't any shortcuts in this maze, I suppose."
Tudela goes back to the room, and proceeds carefully into the opening of the hallway on the west side.

mrcarter11
2012-09-26, 08:58 PM
Map Updated

begooler
2012-09-26, 09:01 PM
Tudela inspects the body.
If allowed to take 20, search =28; spot=30. If not
search: [roll0]
spot: [roll1]

mrcarter11
2012-09-27, 06:41 AM
Upon searching the body, you discover several arrows buried with inhuman amount of force into the skeleton of the body. The arrows don't seem special in any way, yet whatever fired them, did so with enough force that the arrows became implanted into the bones themselves.

begooler
2012-09-29, 06:40 PM
Tudela continues to sneak along, seeking cover from the north wall of the hallway. She advances west, then turns right to go north, towards what would seem to be the room from before with the tatooed human.

mrcarter11
2012-10-18, 05:43 AM
As you begin to advance up the hallway, you feel a weight press down upon you for a second. It isn't so much heavy as thick. It seems to slow you down and then it's gone. Rather instantly.

A cursory look around, shows that you are just on the other side of the wall now. And that the tattooed man is still missing.

begooler
2012-10-18, 05:01 PM
"Curious."
Tudela will investigate whether the wall is real or illusory, by jabbing at it with an arrow. Then she tries to figure out if anything in the room has changed.
Taking several minutes to take 20 on search for 28.

Tudela then treads back to the hall she was in before stepping through the wall. She'll take the way she took before, unless she discovers its possible to move through the wall.

mrcarter11
2012-10-19, 05:55 AM
She finds that the wall, is an illusion as the arrow goes right through. Taking a few minutes to peer around the room, she finds that nothing has in fact changed.