PDA

View Full Version : Scorch Trials IC (PTA)

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-07, 08:50 AM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251713)

In the twenty years after Team Rocket disbanded, Celadon city has flourished. No large crime groups have occupied the space left by the absence of the rockets, though many smaller groups have popped up. It has become the unofficial headquarters of the pokemon leauge. Contest Halls, Battle Domes, Kanto Sporting Pokemon Network (KSPN), the Famous Pokemall, The Celadon Gym, Champion Erika's Sprawling Mansion, all made it the chief destination for pokemon trainers seeking fame and fortune.

Today however, all attention was on the 200 story monstrosity rising over central Celadon that was the Trainer Tower. It was opening day, and trainer from all over the world were flocking tworads it.

It is 8 Am, when you wake up in your apartment on east Celadon. Enter Jace as he will soon face ... The Scorch Trials!

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-08, 01:01 PM
As Jace gets up he turns on the tv (does he have I one?) wondering what all has been happening across Kanto and specifically whats the big news in Celadon City. After that he continues his daily routine by taking a cold shower to force himself awake and proceeds to eat breakfast and feed Selene and Charles. Then he checks the time on his pokegear ( which is what now specifically?).

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-08, 01:05 PM
Oh, and he also gets dressed after the cold shower (that could've been awkward....)

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-08, 01:27 PM
"grand opening of the much anticipated trainer tower" comes from a reporter on the morning news "Trainers will be able to battle in leauge style matches in various enviornments and circumstances. The leauge hopes it will cut down on trianer deaths in the wild. The grand opening will be broadcast live at 12pm with a battle between the homegrown champion Erika, and the Celadon gym leader Gale." The reporter went on to a very lengthy commentary on all the facilities that the new trainer tower would offer.

Charles walked in from the kitchen with a small tub of ice cream and a spoon. He burped contentedly and sat down on the couch to watch the news.

8:17 am, you're free to do what you want, go catch wilds, find a battle, visit the tower, whatever

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-08, 04:06 PM
I should probably stop buying ice cream since Charles probably won't stop eating it...Jace gets up and recalls Charles and Selene then heads out to the tower to see if he might try to participate in a match, and learn more about the tower.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-08, 09:51 PM
As you leave the house, there seem to be an uncommon amount of people out and about for an early Saturday morning. All of them seem to be heading in one direction, towards the looming black tower that rises out of the city skyline.

About halfway to the tower, the crowd around you thins, until you are alone in a street lined with cafes, alleys, and trinket shops.

Give me a perception check and a d100 roll

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-09, 07:03 PM
Perception Check
[roll0]

[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-10, 12:09 AM
Down one of the darker allyways, you can just make out the form of a boy fighting what appears to be three pokeballs with a small blue pokemon with abnormaly large teeth. At his feet lies a girl, who is spasming on the ground.

So this is your first battle, assuming you take it. It'll be interesting to see how well battling goes on the forums.

Also, just for the sake of my nitpickiness, pleas put all non descrptive stuff in spoilers (this includes things directed at me, the GM. Just to keep the story a little more continous. Oh and no metagaming, even though I know you know what they are, Jace doesn't and he isn't a researcher... not that I think you would, I just feel cool typing something like that:smallwink:

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-10, 07:55 AM
Jace heads for the alleyway scanning the pokemon while he does so and then sends out Selene to help fight the three pokeballs and asks Would you like some help?

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-10, 12:52 PM
Yes please! The boy yells as his pokemon tries to keep the pokemon away from his sister. Two of the pokeballs spin angrily towards you, and rush, one slamming into Selene, the other Jace.

The last pokemon slams into the blue pokemon, who groans loudly, but stays on its feet.

12 normal type damage to Selene before Defense.
19 normal type damage to Jace

{table]|A|B|C|D
1||||
2|||Gl|
3||Bl|Boy|
4||Pk||
5||||
6||||
7||||
8||Pk||
9||Se|Pk|
10|||Jce|
11||||
12||||[/table]
Order of turns
Jace(Jce)
Boy(Boy)
Pokeballs(P)
Selene(Se)
Blue pokemon(Bl)

2 turns till pokedex identifies

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-10, 03:14 PM
Slam em' Selene!

Selene uses Tackle [roll0]
[roll1]
On Critical: [roll2]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-10, 03:23 PM
The pokeball rolled backwards, eyes reeling. It shuddered for a moment, and stayed conscious.

Crusher tackle it! The blue pokemon rammed itself into the pokeball, which only seemed to make it angrier.

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-10, 03:39 PM
Go! Hit your mark my pokeball!

[roll0]

On Selene's turn: Selene take down the other one!

Selene uses Tackle the Pk in column C [roll1]
[roll2]
On Critical add: [roll3]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-10, 03:52 PM
The pokeball you threw hit the ground about five feet away from the pokemon and shattered into a million pieces. When Selene rammed into the other pokeball, which reeled, but managed to stay conscious. They hummed with anger and threw themselves at Selene viciously. Selene jumped over one, but the other caught her on her hip.

On the other end of the allyway, the pokeball pokemon, and the blue pokemon of the boy's slammed into each other, and the blue pokemon went down, unconscious.

15 normal damage to Selene

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-10, 04:01 PM
Lets try that again, pokeball go!

Throw pokeball at voltorb in front of me...
[roll0]

Selene finish it!

Selen uses Tackle on the voltorb in front of it (column B)
[roll1]
[roll2]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-10, 04:16 PM
Pokeball you throw hits its target this time, and the voltorb disappears inside the pokeball. A ding confirms the capture, and at the same time your pokedex buzzes.

Level 5 Voltorb, Adamant, Static

When you check your pokedex:
Voltorb, an electric type pokemon that was created by team rocket 23 years ago when they were attempting to create a masterball. They have incredibly short tempers, and sometimes explode without warning.

When Selene hits the other Voltorb, it flies into an ally wall and collapses, dead. The last Voltorb flees past the boy and rolls around the corner and onto the main road, humming angrily.

When the Voltorb is gone, the boy crouches by the girl at his feet Mary! Mary are you OK? The girl groans, but otherwise doesn't move.
__ XP to Selene

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-10, 08:38 PM
We need to take your friend somewhere to get help, and also please try to stay calm. If given the chance Jace tries to see if the girl ,Mary, is okay. If I can keep him distracted he may be able to keep calm. How is your pokemon Chomper?

possible perception check on mary (to check her condition)-{*also can I do that?} [roll0]
possible diplomacy check on boy or charisma check or whatever... [roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 01:01 AM
All you can tell about the girl is that she's covered in blood and probably needs to go to the pokemon center or a hospital.

I need to get her to the center two blocks down the street fast, before she looses anymore blood. Will you help me carry her? Oh and Chomper's fine, just unconscious.

Your pokedex identifies Chomper as a Totodile, water type. It is renowned as a pokemon with powerful jaws that can be a fierce preadator when enountered in a swampy area.

150 XP to Selene

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-11, 11:11 AM
Of course I'll help you carry her! Although I'm not sure how much of a help I'll be. While I'm at the center I might as well heal Selene and I'll need to heal El-Cid...and I think I like this kid, he has a level head in bad situations. My name is Jace. What's yours? Jace says as he proceeds to help the boy carry her to the pokemon center.

Does that require a check of some kind? If so... [roll0]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 12:48 PM
Between the two of you, you're able to carry her relatively easily; it's a little akward, but it works. Cameron, my name is Cameron. And this is my sister Mary. She'll be alright, it isn't as bad as it looks, but she still needs to get some healing before too much time passes. My parents are both healers you see. They run the pokemon center we're going to. Cameron has dark brown hair that he wears a little long, about to his ears, He isn't very tall, only 5'6", and he's built along sturdy lines.

You reach the center without much trouble. The room isn't very large, and there were only two other people here, an older man and woman who appeared to be husband and wife. A woman with long brown hair stood behand a counter looking at a small heart shaped fish in a tank, but when she sees the two of you she rushes towards you. Cameron! Where have you been? What happened to Mary? Are you alright? She puts a hand on Mary hurridly, and a look of intense concentration takes over her face. Mary's wounds dissapear before your eyes, Skin knit itself back together until there were only light bruises where the voltorbs hit her.

We were attacked by Voltorbs mom, you know how they are, but I've never seen them come to this side of town, usually they stay near the generators. We were taking the shortcut back from grandma's when they just rushed us. Chomper couldn't hold them all off, and Mary got knocked unconsious. We both might have died if not for Jace.

Cameron take Mary back to one of the beds, she needs to sleep for a while. A large muscular pokemon takes Mary from you, and it and Cameron walked into one of the back rooms. Cameron held Mary's hand as they walked. When they had left, the woman turned back to you Well, thank you so much Jace. My name is Marcia, and my husband and I run this pokemon center. Are you or your pokemon hurt?

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-11, 01:07 PM
It was my pleasure to help! I'm fine, I think Selene is a bit hurt and also I caught one of the Voltorbs and it's... well, I think its hurt rather bad, but since I'm not entirely knowledgeable about Voltorbs I'm unsure. Jace releases his pokemon if she is offering to heal them and allows her to do so.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 02:29 PM
When you releas El-Cid, it charges at you, hitting you squarley in the chest. Marcia quickly restrains it, but the voltorb continues to glare daggers at you. Oh, don't worry about him, it's perfectly normal behavior for a freshly captured voltorb. If you leave him with me, I'll talk to him, he won't like you, but he won't attack you on sight either. She puts the voltorb in a machine under the front desk. Well, now that that's taken care of, I haven't properly thanked you for saving my childrens' lives. If you or your pokemon are ever hurt, or need a place to stay, come to us.

Cameron walks back in, Mary's asleep, Dad and I got most of the blood off of her, but we'll have to burn the clothes. He looks over at you and holds out an envelope to you Here, they're tickets to todays opening of the Trainer Tower. Front row tickets, I was going to go, but ... well I don't really feel like it anymore, and I wanted to give you something. If you don't want them, you can sell them, they're probably worth around $5,000 to the right buyer, but you could see Erika, THE Erika, in action. Anyways, feel free to come back whenever you want. I'd love to go train with you sometime.

20 damage from El-Cid, but you and Selene are fully healed by Marcia before you leave. Also when you open the ticket you see that your seat number is Row A, seat 3053, yeah, it's that big.

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-11, 03:37 PM
To Marcia

Oh, I'm not suprised that he doesn't like me... yet. He just has to get to know me. I'd appreciate it very much if you could convince him to not attack me though. That's very kind of you to let me stay and I'll definitely have to stop in occasionally.

To Cameron

Oh my god, that sounds amazing, thank you so much man. I've heard lots about Erika ever since I came here to Celadon but I've never seen her battle. I'll stop in occasionally when I'm able to see if your available to train because that sounds like an awesome idea and would be great for both of us. Wow, I've had a pretty lucky day so far. Caught a pokemon, made friends with an extremely nice family, and got tickets to see this famous Erika. Jace then heads to this massive arena with the tickets after thanking the family for everything, scanning any pokemon on the way.

What time is it (when I arrive at the tower-thingy?)

If the making the voltorb not attack convincing is something that is done fairly quickly I wait to leave until that is done otherwise I'll stop back after the match or whenever Marcia says I should...

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 03:55 PM
You leave El-Cid with Marcia, and she promised to be done with him by the end of the day. As you head toward the tower, the streets become more and more crowded, unitl you see a barricade about two blocks away from the tower. Police are yelling that only those with tickets can pass and that those people should come forward to be verified. As you walk to the barricade, a burly man with a buzz cut walks up to you and says You got a ticket? Well how about a little bet? One on one battle, no interference from either trainer, and no flight or burrowing. Your ticket for $2,000. What do you say?

Hearing the man, the crowd who has come to watch on large Television screens mounted on the buildings part to make a small ring. Battle! Battle! Battle! The crowd (and a few poliece officers) chant. Apparently everyone was pumped up to watch the opening, and a taster of what to come was just what they wanted.

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-11, 04:25 PM
How about a counteroffer, everything the same except, my ticket for $3,500. Its a front row ticket so what I'm offering is still pretty low. It seems like people were almost expecting someone to do this, but I guess from everything I've heard I'm not too suprised that some people are trying to get in by beating others for their ticket.

Diplomacy check [roll0]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 04:33 PM
FineThe man said as he grimaced, and then he sent out a machop. Let's get started.

{table]|A|B|C|D
1||||
2||Mc||
3||||
4||||
5||||
6||||
7||||[/table]

Initiative
Selene(Se)
Charles(Ch)
Machop(Mc)

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-11, 04:59 PM
Go Charles! Jace yells as he sends out his Meditite. I'm in luck, this should be over fast. Psych em' up!

Send out Charles to square 5B, and Charles uses Confusion
[roll0]
on 19-20 confuses

On hit: [roll1]
On crit: additional [roll2]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 09:17 PM
The machop clutches its head in agony as Charles attacks. It manages to stay concious, although it seems shaken up badly.Hit hard brother! The man yells. He sounds worried now, after all it is $3,500.

The machop shakes off its hurts, and charges Charles, it's hand rising up and falling in a practiced Karate Chop motion. It connects with Charles's shoulder, and Charles cries out in pain.

27 fighting damage before defense

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-11, 09:28 PM
I really don't want to kill this guys machop so confusion's out of the question.. too risky... Okay Charles time to finish em' off but don't hit em' too hard!

Charles uses Struggle-check our homebrew stuff in the OOC...
[roll0]
[roll1]
On Crit: additional [roll2]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 09:42 PM
The machop goes down hard to your Meditite. The man returns it and walks up to you. Fine, $3,500 as promised. Front row seats, that would have been something to see. Oh well. As he hands over the bills, the crowd cheers loudly and parts for you and the other ticket holders stuck in the mass of people watching to go through to the Tower.

300 exp

The tower is huge, a tall spire of black glass rising towards the sky, and at the toop, the battle dome. It was a monolithic sphere with a retractable roof that seated over a million people. You are showed to an elevator quickly, not being allowed to see anything but the main lobby. It takes you up the the battle dome where you find your seat.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the grand opening of the greatest structure that the world of pokemon has ever seen. 200 floors of training, shopping, breeding, teaching, and training all capped off by this. The Space Dome, the largest battle dome in all the world, excepting the Indigo Plateau. And we are very proud to announce that this years Leauge Tournament and champion match will be happening here in your very own Celadon City. The crowd exploded in cheers, no one could remember the league being held anywhere but the Indigo Plateau. And for the Opening ceramony we'd like to have a very special battle. The maiden voyage of Space dome so to speak. Two trainers of the highest caliber. On one side, the proud, the soaring, the wild Gale! The Celadon Gym leader who specializes in pokemon that take flight! And today he will face none other than his predecessor, former Celadon Gym Leader and current Kanto Champion, whose grass pokemon are more beautiful than any other in the land. ERIKA.

Out of an opening in the arena floor below you walk out two figures, one tall with silver hair, the other elegant in a long creme colored kimono. They took their places and released their pokemon. Erika a pokemon that looked rather like a huminoid pinapple, and Gale a large red dragon-like pokemon with a flame on its tail. First person to fain two of their opponets pokemon is the winner. BEGIN! The crowd roared in approval as they started battling. The pinapple (Ludicolo if you scan it) danced vigorously causing rain to fall through the open roof, soaking the crowd. It followed up quickly by firing a large jet of water after dodging a bout of flame from the dragon-like pokemon (charizard), fainting it. Gale quickly sent out a large black bird (Murkrow if you scan) Which was defeated easily when the Ludicolo summoned a large blizzard that surrounded the bird. Absolutely amazing! Gale was completly dominated even though his pokemon had superiour typing. Erika is without a doubt the strongest trainer in all of Kanto, perhaps the world! Erika and Gale hugged and then bowed to the crowd, who roared its approval.

And now for a suprise announcement. The leauge has decided that one person from the Million people here will have the chance of their lifetime. The rainbow badge hasn't been given out for ten years, ever since Erika retired. One person will have the opportunity to fight Erika for a badge, her trademark TM, and a pokemon that they choose out of the selection we provide IF they win. And that person is sitting ... in seat number ... the cameras panned across the crowd showing anxioius faces hoping beyond hope that it would be them ... SEAT 3053!! The camera zoomed in on you as a spotlight shone on you. Congratualations young sir!

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-11, 10:24 PM
Jace stands up slowly the shock, and suprise clearly visible on his face. To think that I'd would be fighting a gym leader in addition to all the things that have happened this day. I guess I now understand what all the hype over this Erika was about, she is absolutely amazing, she destroyed the gym leader Gale even with his type advantage. Though I guess she won't be using such strong pokemon against me since its obvious no one trainer can stand against her. Oh, I hope this doesn't go as badly as Fortree City's gym battle... especially not on live tv...

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 10:38 PM
You're hustled over to the announcer by two very large bouncers I mean ushers. You a leauge member? When you affirm that you are he takes your pokedex and scans it in a machine. Hmm, well no pressure, but you better put on a better show than that Fortree City battle, but don't worry I won't tell anyone. Your pokemon should be about the level to challenge for your first gym, so that's the team Erika will use. Also we'll heal your pokemon up real quick He smiles at you and turns his mike back on, and his voice is ampliphied so loud that your eardrum hurt as your pokemon are healed and you are escorted to the field. This is Jace everybody, and he's challenging for his very first gym badge. A rookie trainer against the Kanto champion for one of the legendary Rainbow Badges. If he pulls it off, he'll certainly be considered an up and coming star. Now of course Erika will not be using her best team, but her team that fights against first timers. Mind you they're still no pushovers. Two pokemon each, and the first person to faint both pokemon wins!

When you reach the arena, Erika and Gale are there to meet you.
Good luck kid, you're going to need it. Gale says, smiling jovially, even though he just lost horribly.

Don't be scared Erika says, even more beautiful than on the big screen, Everyone starts as rookie, but don't expect me to go easy on you! The rainbow badge is a prize few people won even when I was a gym leader.

And we're ready to begin. Send out your first pokemon!

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-11, 10:46 PM
Good luck kid, you're going to need it. Thanks, from what I saw I'm definitely going to need it.

To Erika: That was a very impressive battle that you had.

Time to see if I've improved since I was last in a gym battle. Go get em' Selene! I hope she doesn't send out a bug type...

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 11:09 PM
ANNNNND WE'RE OFF
As you send out Selene, Erika sends out what looks to be a huminoid seed.
Sprouter, get her quick! The pokemon dashes forwards and its hand shoots towards Selene's head attempting to daze it, but its timing was off and it sailed past Selene almost, but not quite touching the dark umbreon.

{table]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S
1|||||||||||||||||||
2|||||||||||||||||||
3|||||||||||||||||||
4|||||||||||||||||||
5|||||||||||||||||||
6|||||||||||||||||||
7|||||||||||||||||||
8|||||||||||||||||||
9||||||||Se|||||||||||
10||||||||Pke|||||||||||
11|||||||||||||||||||
12|||||||||||||||||||
13|||||||||||||||||||[/table]
Initiative
Selene(Se)
Pokemon(Pke)
You go twice because it used intterupt. 2 rounds to ID of pokemon

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-11, 11:18 PM
Jace scans Erika's mon...with the pokedex. Slam em' Selene! I'm lucky that she missed with whatever that was...

Hit em' again Selene!So far things seem good.

Selene uses Tackle [roll0]
[roll1]
On Crit additional [roll2]

Second attack Tackle... again.... [roll3]
[roll4]
On Crit additional [roll5]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 11:29 PM
And the battle of the dark types commence When you look up at the large TVs on the walls of the arena, you see the words Nuzleaf (Grs/Drk) VS Umbreon (Drk) with pictures of the seed thing and Selene.

The nuzleaf leaps over the umbreons first attempt to take it down. And it seems that both pokemon are adept at dodging blows, oh wait Selene just landed the first hit of the battle! but Sprouter doesn't seem fazed Indeed, the nuzleaf took the hit like a champ, and retaliated by tucking into a ball and rolling at Selene, who lept over the Nuzleaf. Well that is one well trained Umbreon I must say! It dodged two of Sprouter's attacks, although rollout is a little harder to aim than tackle, but still, impressive defense on Jace's part.

Nuzleaf is now at G7

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-11, 11:33 PM
Turn around Selene and hit the Nuzleaf again!

Tackle...[roll0]
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-11, 11:52 PM
The nuzleaf looks battered after the last assult, but still standing. Go out with a bang Sprouter! The Nuzleaf springs towards Selene recklessly, in such a way that it will hurt itself as well as the umbreon. This time it struck true, hitting Umbreon in the neck and doing some serious damage, but falls to the ground, unconsioius after its attack finishes.

60 damage to Selene, I believe this faints her.

And boy did that Nuzleaf go out with a bang. It's one on one now, with a badge on the line! What will they use.

Erika Sends out a mass of vines into the middle of the field.

1|||||||||||||||||||
2|||||||||||||||||||
3|||||||||||||||||||
4|||||||||||||||||||
5|||||||||||||||||||
6||||||||Pke|||||||||||
7|||||||||||||||||||
8|||||||||||||||||||
9|||||||||||||||||||
10|||||||||||||||||||
11|||||||||||||||||||
12|||||||||||||||||||

1,350 XP to Selene
Initiative
Charles
Pke(Pke)

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-12, 12:05 AM
Jace recalls Selene, congratulating her unconscious self on doing as well as she did. Go Charles! Well at least Selene is alive, if unconscious, and the nuzleaf is out as well.

Charles is at i11

Psych em' up Charles!

Charles uses Confusion [roll0] 19-20 confuses
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-12, 12:17 AM
Sammy dig in. The mass of vines shoots vines into the ground, which pulse green as energy flows into the pokemon.

And it looks like this battle will go a little slower than the first bout. The screen now displayed pictures of the pokemon, labeling the pokemon as a tangela, and a grass type.

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-12, 12:24 AM
Not much that I have available to do but I guess I'll just have Charles use confusion again. Charles shake him up!

Confusion [roll0] 19-20 confuses
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-12, 12:38 AM
Steal his lifeforce to heal.The Tangela runs closer to Charles, and shoots out one of its vines connecting with Charles. Sending some of her pain to Charles and taking his vitality.

The crowd is roaring its approval of the match, this one is much less one-sided than the last one.

1|||||||||||||||||||
2|||||||||||||||||||
3|||||||||||||||||||
4|||||||||||||||||||
5|||||||||||||||||||
6|||||||||||||||||||
7|||||||||||||||||||
8|||||||||||||||||||
9||||||||||||Tg|||||||
10|||||||||||||||||||
11|||||||||Ch||||||||||
12|||||||||||||||||||
Charles is at 20 hp

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-12, 12:43 AM
Well so far I'd say that I've done much better than my other gym battle in Fortree...Come on Charles, knock em' unconscious!

Charles moves to F9 and uses Confusion [roll0]
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-12, 12:52 AM
The crowd roars as the Tangela takes another confusion, but it looks tired, and another hit would probably drop it.

Let's end this my beautiful. It's time for our trump card. Leaves start swirling around the Tangela as it walks towards you. The foliage becomes so thick you can't even make out the pokemon inside of the storm of green.

And it looks like everything comes down to one last attack! The defensive tangela is finally attacking, and this is shaping up to be quite the attack!

The leaves shoot out towards the Meditite, a churning mass of razor sharp greenery ... and the Meditite lept through the leaves flipping and rolling across the field to avoid every single leaf as they chased him relentlessly. He finally landed on a mat of leaves that covered the ground, set in a kung fu stance ... and recieved a standing ovation from the crowd.

Increadible, absolutely increadible! I will say this, Jace's pokemon are well trained in avoiding attacks. That was one masterfull performance, but it isn't over yet!

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-12, 12:58 AM
Well I'll have to buy him some ice cream because that alone deserves a major treat. Charles its time to finish this, take em' out!

Confusion [roll0] 19-20 confuses
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-12, 02:08 AM
The tangela goes into a dead faint, and the crowd explodes in excitement. And with that, our rookie trainer has gained his first badge, and not just any badge the Rainbow Badge! You see yourself on the big screen, and your meditite waving to the crowd happily.

Erika walks up to you, with Gale close behind. That was a wonderfully fought battle, I look forward to seeing you battle in the future. Here is the Rainbow Badge, and TM C6 which contains Leaf Storm, and can be taught to any pokemon of the grass type.
That was a great battle kid. Come by my gym sometime and we'll have a gym match. I'd train before you do however, because the second badge is a higher level than the first.

Well now it's time for Jace's reward. We have 5 well bred pokemon that have been trained using this tower's state of the art facilaties, and Jace will be taking one of them home with him today. The others will be avaliable when certain secret conditions are met, for terms and conditions please visit our website. And the 5 pokemon that Jace can choose from are ...

Litwick! A small candle-like pokemon.
Feebas! A rather pathetic looking fish.
Growlithe! An oarnge and black puppy.
Drilbur! A brown mole with very large claws.
Skorupi! An bug pokemon with a segmented body.

Well Jace, which do you choose?

Meditite 1,440 EXP, and a trainer level

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-12, 02:30 AM
That was a wonderfully fought battle, I look forward to seeing you battle in the future. Here is the Rainbow Badge, and TM C6 which contains Leaf Storm, and can be taught to any pokemon of the grass type.
Thank you very much, and maybe someday I'll be able to challenge you when you are using your strongest pokemon.

That was a great battle kid. Come by my gym sometime and we'll have a gym match. I'd train before you do however, because the second badge is a higher level than the first. I'd love to once my pokemon are stronger.

After what seems like much internal debating Jace says, I choose Litwick!

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-12, 02:41 AM
Erika hands a pokeball to you containing the litwik.
Level 8 Litwik, choose nature and ability, +3 to base stats distributed how you wish

The crowd applauded again.Well now we'd like to introduce the next event. The pokemon leauge chairman The chairman gave a long and boring speech followed by more long and boring speeches from various people, and much more entertainment afterwards. It all ended at 9:00, and the tower would open to the public the next day.

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-12, 10:40 AM
Erika hands a pokeball to you containing the litwik. Thank you very much its been a pleasure to meet you, and an even greater one to battle you. To think I've gotten two pokemon and made friends with pokemon center owners and battled against Erika all in one day!! I go back to my seat and listen to all the long boring speeches and try to not seem too put out after the rapid change of pace. Afterwards I go to the Marcia's Center to pick up the Voltorb then plan to go home and get some ice cream and treats the next day.

I scan any pokemon on the way to Marcia's Center and on the way home and keep watch for any wilds.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-12, 11:07 AM
When you go into Marcia's center, you find a small party waiting for you.
CONGRATULATIONS! Cameron, Marcia, Mary (who looks much better now), and a man with short brown hair. He is unusually tall, about 6'5" in sharp contrast to his son, who is rather short. Hello, my name is Silver, and I'm Cameron's father. I'd just like to thank you for what you did

Everyone congratulated you and complemented your battling skills. Marcia brought El-Cid who is now grudgingly accepting of you. Just don't be too bossy with him and he'll be fine. It's midnight before the party dies down, they invite you to stay the night since it's so late.

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-12, 11:40 AM
Thanks, for all that you've done. I'm still finding it difficult to believe that I won against Erika, she was absolutely amazing. I'm glad I met these people, they're really nice and I've been needing to meet more people being new in Kanto. Of course, it was my pleasure to help. I guess I could stay the night since its so late and my apartment is a ways away.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-12, 02:16 PM
You wake up to a beautiful day in Celadon city. With Luminere hovering over a book titled "Legends of the World; Truth or Tale?" Litwick seems to be reading a page about a pokemon of legend that causes volcanoes to explode. There is an illustration of a Sinnoh Volcano (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=lava+volcano#/d2a50a0) at the bottom of the page.

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-12, 03:22 PM
Good morning everyone. What are you reading there Lumiere? Jace proceeds to look at what Lumiere is reading. Wow, that's beautiful... and impressive. Of course you'd like to be as impressive and amazing and beautiful as that volcano don't you? Which means we'll have to take you to the trainer tower and start training. Jace heads to take a shower and get ready for the day Jace heads from the guest room where he was staying to the kitchen or living room wherever Cameron is probably.

Shower and stuff assuming I'm able to and allowed to and stuff...

Assuming everyone's awake otherwise I leave a note.I think I'm going to go up to the Trainer Tower today and train my pokemon, though first I'll need to buy treats for Selene and Meditite for their wonderful performance yesterday, and figure something out for El-Cid. Also you look into a TM for Charles since his move selection is rather limited at the moment. Oh, and I should try to catch a grass-type pokemon of some kind as well for the new TM-Leaf Storm.

To Cameron (assuming he's here and awake?)
Would you like to come and train with me? Or are you busy today?

What time is it?
What time does the Trainer Tower open?

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-12, 03:29 PM
The trainer tower opens at nine, so we can go there in half an hour, though it will be really crowded. We could go out in the wilds to train there, or we could have a friendly battle. I would like to go to the Tower at some point today though, there's supposed to be some really cool training features.

too many spoilers Grey Fox

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-13, 09:05 AM
Well I need to go get some ice cream for Charles at some point and I would like to go to the tower at some point as well. I think for now exploring the wilds sounds like a great idea.

asuming Cameron agrees I scan any pokemon I see on the way there
If needed wilds roll [roll0]
perception check [roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-14, 01:25 AM
Sounds good, we can get ice cream on the way out of town.

As you go west to head out of town, you buy some ice cream (of any flavor you choose) from a stall vendor for $30. Charles eats happily, as you walk dowon the road. Suddenly, you hear the unmistakable sounds of a pokemon fight coming from an abandoned lot. Cameron doesn't seem to notice, neither does charles.

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-19, 06:48 PM
Jace says to Cameron and Charles Can you guys hear that? Perhaps we should see whats going on over there.

For any perception checks and stuff....
[roll0]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-19, 06:58 PM
As you go towards the source of the sound, two small yellow pokemon run out of the alleyway. They're vaguely humanlike, but much shorter. Their yellow heads have two extensions that look like an electrical plug in, and there are black markings on their arms and chest.

They turn and shoot sparks at three small brown pokemon with incredibly large claws, but the pokemon seem to be completely unaffected by the attacks. None of the pokemon seem to notice you or your company.

What's going on? Cameron asked, seemingly talking to himself, Those are electric pokemon that live in the power plant, why are they in the city?

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-25, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure. Do you want to help them and try to find out? Maybe we should go and visit this power plant. If the pokemon that are usually around it aren't there then perhaps its losing the source of energy that keeps them all around. Jace scans the pokemon, and sends out Charles just in case.

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-26, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure. Do you want to help them and try to find out? Maybe we should go and visit this power plant. If the pokemon that are usually around it aren't there then perhaps its losing the source of energy that keeps them all around. Jace scans the pokemon, and sends out Charles just in case.

You're better at battling than I am, you make the call. Cameron releases his totodile, but doesn't give any orders.

While you and Cameron are talking, one of the yellow pokemon falls to the claws of its opponents.

The_Grey_Fox
2012-08-28, 05:09 PM
Sure lets help the one thats still concious, then go from there. And then see what we can do for the other one... Psych up that one Charles! Jace points to the small brown pokemon closest to the yellow plug pokemon.

Confusion on the one closest to the yellow plug pokemon
Ac 2 [roll0] 19-20 confuses
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2012-08-29, 12:05 AM
{table]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
1||||||||
2|||||B1|Y2||
3|||B2||||Y1|
4||||||||
5||||||||
6||||||||
7|||||B2|||
8|||B3|||||
9|||||Ch|||
10|||Jc|Ca|Td|||[/table]

Jc: Jace
Ch: Charles
Ca: Cameron
Td: Totodile
B: Brown Pokemon
Y: Yellow Pokemon (not, Y2 is fainted)

Charles's attack goes wide, knocking a trash can over, spilling out it's contents. Though it didn't do any damage, it got the attention of the brown pokemon, who turned to you.

Drill Drill Two of them advanced towards charles, while the third traded blows with the yellow pokemon. They run their claws along the ground as they advance, and when they get close enough, they hurl the mud in their claws at you and charles.

mud slap AC 2 special Charles [roll0] Damage [roll1] on crit [roll2]
Jace [roll3] damage [roll4] on crit [roll5]

The mud missed charles and smacked into the Totdile! Jace gets hit squarely in the face, the mud making it harder to see what's happening.

Toto, water gun! The pokemon squirts water from it's mouth, but blinded by the mud, it fails to hit anything important.

The_Grey_Fox
2012-09-22, 02:24 PM
Addle their brains Charles!, yells Jace. This could get very interesting...

Confusion on B2 19-20 confuses [roll0]
[roll1]
On Crit: [roll2]

CosmicOccurence
2012-09-22, 04:45 PM
{table]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
1||||||||
2||||||Y2||
3||||||Y1||
4||||||||
5||||||||
6||||||||
7|||||B2|||
8||||||||
9|||||Ch|||
10|||Jc|Ca|Td|||[/table]

Y2 and B2 are fainted

The pokemon falls with a cry, and the other two brown pokemon dive into the ground, leaving churned earth in their wake. The yellow pokemon runs to its fallen companion and tries to wake it.