PDA

View Full Version : IM

Dark Elf Bard
2012-08-07, 10:23 AM
What's the point of Invisible Mode?

Siosilvar
2012-08-07, 10:48 AM
If you don't want people to know when you're online.

I use it because a player in a game I was playing once got all angry because he was waiting for a response "and I was online", but I had left for a few hours and hadn't closed my browser windows because I wanted them open for when I got back.

The-Mage-King
2012-08-07, 11:04 AM
If you don't want people to know when you're online.

This.

I use it because, well, I have a very weird sleep schedule, and have my smartphone logged into the forums at all times. I'm not sure if it pings me as online, but... Never hurts.

Rawhide
2012-08-07, 11:30 AM
This.

I use it because, well, I have a very weird sleep schedule, and have my smartphone logged into the forums at all times. I'm not sure if it pings me as online, but... Never hurts.

It doesn't. You will only remain listed as online for 15 minutes after the last time you loaded/refreshed a page, be that desktop, smartphone, whatever, even if you are always logged in.

Anarion
2012-08-07, 11:35 AM
It doesn't. You will only remain listed as online for 15 minutes after the last time you loaded/refreshed a page, be that desktop, smartphone, whatever, even if you are always logged in.

So it's basically a tool to lurk your pbp without anyone realizing that you could have posted over a several hour period. :smallwink:

The-Mage-King
2012-08-07, 12:59 PM

Given that I basically check my subscribed threads every 15 minutes or so...

Then yeah, I lurk. :smalltongue: