PDA

View Full Version : The Dream of Cormanthyr [OOC]

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Chambers
2013-02-28, 09:51 PM
Looks like both Sir Loudmouth and the Mob made their saves, so they disbelieve the Illusory Pit and are only Entangled by the web. I'll post their actions tomorrow, most likely.

In other news, I've received word from TheFallenSon that he's back on the boards and ready to play again. It'll probably be this weekend when I figure out how to bring Mithranix back into the story, but everyone please welcome TFS back. :smallsmile:

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-28, 11:28 PM
Not to be contrary, but eight is the official maximum to mirror images one can have at a time.

Oh My God
2013-02-28, 11:33 PM
Valinor is immune to Compulsion effects. Any one within 10' of him also has +4 to their save against one, if that matters.

If anyone has any mojo that lets them mark or tail someone through teleports, now would be a good time. Banning teleports would also work.

Chambers
2013-02-28, 11:35 PM
My mistake; I read that as the maximum additional images from caster level...and still did my math wrong. I'll fix it in the morning.

The Great Skenardo
2013-02-28, 11:38 PM
Nearly forgot the Will save: [roll0] vs Song of Discord.

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-01, 01:33 AM
Also, due to Virodel's current position, the first attack talkyman makes against him in the round automatically misses and attacks the mob instead.
AC vs talkyman is 46 for the round.

Chambers
2013-03-01, 06:54 AM
Also, due to Virodel's current position, the first attack talkyman makes against him in the round automatically misses and attacks the mob instead.
AC vs talkyman is 46 for the round.

Whats the cause of that?

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-01, 08:04 AM
Virodel is making use of the Diverting Attack maneuver of his Elusive Target feat (CW)

Chambers
2013-03-01, 10:08 AM
Sounds good.

Your attack hits the figment, but I'll describe in the post how he dodges/reacts. After two rounds of fighting him you figure out that he's avoiding your sneak attacks because he's not denied his Dex for his attack (Uncanny Dodge). I figure that's something an experienced warrior would be able to reason out quickly after some observation.

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-01, 10:16 AM
Sounds good.
After two rounds of fighting him you figure out that he's avoiding your sneak attacks because he's not denied his Dex for his attack (Uncanny Dodge).
aw biscuits.

Oh My God
2013-03-01, 12:01 PM
Can I get a link from someone to the rules on spell recharging? I can't seem to find it in my notes.

Spellcraft:[roll0]
Spellcraft:[roll1]
Spellcraft:[roll2]

Edit: So! It looks like the only spell Valinor was able to positively identify was the -spell which is self-evident-. Lovely!

Just wanted to add that I'm digging the OOC Spoiler'd summary of what's just happened, Chambers. I appreciate it.

Heavensfury
2013-03-01, 12:54 PM
I believe I am able to automatically ID all the spells. I'll share the pertinent information friends (namely that the human is using bardic magic) so Valinor and Aranel can make an informed decision on what to do next (*cough cough* countersong *cough cough*). Sharing this in an OOC post because I have to figure out how to present my IC post (namely because the second spell Tyriel will cast in the round depends a lot on the effects of the first). May take a bit, so want the others to have this info if they post first.

Hmmm, instead of being cryptic, why don't I just share my intended action and you all can help me figure out the best way to post this? I was thinking using Swift Abjuration to try to quicken dispel magic Alasdair's greater mirror image. In the unlikely event that succeeds I can attempt to baleful polymorph him (the only truly effective way I currently have to prevent him from teleporting anymore). If the dispel magic does not succeed, I could try something else like a holy word (if deafened, 20% spell failure chance), or perhaps using belt of battle to throw a greater dispel magic at the images too, in hopes that works so I can still try the whole turning him into a turtle thing...

Oh My God
2013-03-01, 01:08 PM
I believe I am able to automatically ID all the spells. I'll share the pertinent information friends (namely that the human is using bardic magic) so Valinor and Aranel can make an informed decision on what to do next (*cough cough* countersong *cough cough*). Sharing this in an OOC post because I have to figure out how to present my IC post (namely because the second spell Tyriel will cast in the round depends a lot on the effects of the first). May take a bit, so want the others to have this info if they post first.

Hmmm, instead of being cryptic, why don't I just share my intended action and you all can help me figure out the best way to post this? I was thinking using Swift Abjuration to try to quicken dispel magic Alasdair's greater mirror image. In the unlikely event that succeeds I can attempt to baleful polymorph him (the only truly effective way I currently have to prevent him from teleporting anymore). If the dispel magic does not succeed, I could try something else like a holy word (if deafened, 20% spell failure chance), or perhaps using belt of battle to throw a greater dispel magic at the images too, in hopes that works so I can still try the whole turning him into a turtle thing...

Valinor is already counter-singing; he doesn't know -what- the spell was, but he knows that something failed at an attempt to muck around with his mind. That, combined with his intelligence and the mob completely defying his expectations regarding behavior is enough to make him try a counter-song.

First thing we're doing after this is getting Tyriel access to some spells like Dimensional Anchor.

Chambers
2013-03-01, 01:14 PM
There's no Bardic music currently active. He had to drop it to start casting spells, and the Mob is currently following the course of the Mass Suggestion.

Oh My God
2013-03-01, 01:19 PM
There's no Bardic music currently active. He had to drop it to start casting spells, and the Mob is currently following the course of the Mass Suggestion.

Well, they -were-. I doubt the DC for his Mass Suggestion is higher than 45.

Heavensfury
2013-03-01, 01:27 PM
First thing we're doing after this is getting Tyriel access to some spells like Dimensional Anchor.

lol, when making the character and choosing spells, I was being careful to not step on Ayorra's toes. She totally has dimensional anchor and a lot of other super useful spells that I avoided (buffs, sweet divinations, etc.). To be fair, dimensional anchor has the same problem that the spells I do have which prevent teleporting shenanigans, namely that they would be super useless if accidently cast on a mirror image.

There's no Bardic music currently active. He had to drop it to start casting spells, and the Mob is currently following the course of the Mass Suggestion

What I pick up from the SRD's description of countersong is "If a creature within range of the countersong is already under the effect of a noninstantaneous sonic or language-dependent magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it hears the countersong, but it must use the bard’s Perform check result for the save." Mass suggestion has a non-instantaneous duration I believe. However I have never played a bard and may be misinterpreting things.

Edit: In retrospect, I think I entirely missed the point you were making. My bad.

Chambers
2013-03-01, 04:27 PM
Well, they -were-. I doubt the DC for his Mass Suggestion is higher than 45.

Quite right. :smallsmile:

Chambers
2013-03-01, 07:07 PM
[gets home and reads IC]

Nice Countersong description. ::thumbs up::

I think you've got too many Standard actions in there OMG; both Detect Evil and Countersong require a standard action. Which one will you keep, or do you have a way to do both?

Oh My God
2013-03-01, 08:49 PM
[gets home and reads IC]

Nice Countersong description. ::thumbs up::

I think you've got too many Standard actions in there OMG; both Detect Evil and Countersong require a standard action. Which one will you keep, or do you have a way to do both?

I think that would be me misunderstanding what 'at will' means; we'll definitely be keeping the boss Countersong. I do have a way to do both, natch, but I'm not using it.

Heavensfury
2013-03-01, 11:23 PM
Okay, best way I can figure it to get the dispel magic and potential additional dispel magic roles figured out here, and Chambers can let me know which one, if either, is successful is dispelling the greater mirror image. Then I should have the necessary info to type up the IC post. Fingers crossed!

quickened Dispel Magic via swift abjuration
[roll0]

only in the likely event that first dispel is unsuccessful, Greater Dispel Magic via belt of battle
[roll1]

Edit: no confirmation needed, post will be up tomorrow

Chambers
2013-03-01, 11:35 PM
Yeah, both of those fail to dispel the Mirror Images.

Chambers
2013-03-02, 03:34 PM
A natural one could still fail, so here's the Mob's saving throw against the Mass Suggestion.

[roll0]

Edit: All right, looks like the Mob is no longer Mob'ing after Valinor's action, so Aranel and Tyriel can take that into account for their turns.

TheFallenSon
2013-03-02, 09:33 PM
Heyo friends. Like Chambers said I'm back, I was pulled away by some unfortunate medical problems. They have been sorted and resolved. So yeah...I'm taking up the mantle of Mithranix again....Eternal Blade, with Chambers rogue on the other side...very melee heavy. Great to be back.

Heavensfury
2013-03-02, 10:10 PM
"TheFallenSon returns", man that sounds poetic :smallwink:. Welcome back, glad to hear you are feeling better!

Chambers
2013-03-02, 10:36 PM
TFS

I'm brewing up some thoughts on working Mithranix back into the action; hopefully by tomorrow afternoon or evening I'll send you a PM about it (just post in the IC).

Dice

Portal Malfunction (no whammies....) [roll0] [roll1]

Edit: Aw shucks, a smooth transfer. Maybe next time I'll get a malfunction.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-03-03, 03:57 AM
Yay, Ayorra might now have a trusty companion to buff so the two utility casters don't have to handle combat on their own! Wouldn't it be great if he just happened to stumble into a portal and end up with her and Sydil? :smallwink:

Heavensfury
2013-03-03, 03:59 AM
Recharge Magic:
Dispel Magic
[roll0]

Greater Dispel Magic
[roll1]

TheFallenSon
2013-03-03, 08:02 AM
That would certainly be useful, if you could conjure me a couple flanking buddies, that would be coooooooool.

Chambers
2013-03-03, 10:43 AM
It's not stated clearly in the spell description, but the FAQ has said that Fireball and other Area of Effect spells don't pop images. If the spellcaster is hurt by the attack then the images will reflect that.

Holy Smite damage [roll0]
Will Save DC 16 [roll1]

Heavensfury
2013-03-03, 12:31 PM
It's not stated clearly in the spell description, but the FAQ has said that Fireball and other Area of Effect spells don't pop images. If the spellcaster is hurt by the attack then the images will reflect that.

Whoops, was unaware. Oh well.

Chambers
2013-03-03, 12:52 PM
Knowledge (the planes) check for Ayorra [roll0]

Chambers
2013-03-03, 05:09 PM
I'm really getting a kick out of this Labyrinth. The Sword Heralds were mentioned in Volo's Guide to Cormyr, but there's little information about this particular Labryinth beside a few lines in the FR timeline.

The way I'm designing it is as if it were created as a 2nd edition dungeon - hence the now cliche rooms and puzzles. :smallwink:

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-03-03, 05:33 PM
Nah, they're not cliché, they're retro. :smallwink:

I did get that impression, though, and I find it somewhat amusing given that the last time the DM of my RL AD&D group put us through a megadungeon we went through that one with a decidedly nonstandard, social-/utility-focused party as well. Let's just hope Ayorra doesn't run into any more mute and malevolent baddies for a while.

TheFallenSon
2013-03-03, 06:33 PM
Yay I'm back...and if the crowd isn't subdued by the time I get there....I intend to keep blade sheathed and use my sword and shield like riot police. With my SA dice and combat ability I will knock out a few for sure.

Oh My God
2013-03-06, 01:14 AM
I believe we're needing a post from bindin garoth?

Chambers
2013-03-06, 03:42 AM
I got a PM from him and he says he's going to withdraw, so I'll update the IC this evening.

Chambers
2013-03-07, 09:47 PM
Busy week this week. Just got home (14 1/2 hours after leaving this morning), so I'm pretty much about to crash. I'll update tomorrow.

Chambers
2013-03-09, 09:06 PM
Aranel Flame Strike [roll0]

Alasdair Reflex Save DC 21 [roll1]

Chambers
2013-03-09, 09:25 PM
Lots of spells flying around. Can everyone please post what spells they have active?

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-03-10, 12:11 AM
Not sure if that includes Ayorra, but I might as well repost her current buffs since she might be getting into combat shortly:

Active on Sydil and Ayorra:

Body Ward (Con)
Soul Ward (Wis)
Death Ward
Owl's Wisdom
Crown of Protection
Protection from Evil
Speak to Allies
Heart of Water
Fly
Indomitability

Active on Ayorra (all-day buffs):

Greater Anticipate Teleportation
Energy Immunity (all five energy types)

Active on Ayorra (short-duration buffs):

Battlemagic Perception
Sanctuary
Ebon Eyes
Shield of Faith
Ironguard
Starmantle
Freedom of Movement

In Ayorra's Arcane Tapestry, ready to be cast on both Sydil and Ayorra:

Displacement
Ray Deflection
Karmic Backlash
Greater Dimension Door

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-11, 01:32 AM
Will save for Virodel
[roll0]

Chambers
2013-03-11, 06:19 AM
Will save for Virodel
[roll0]

You save, nothing to worry about.

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-11, 11:05 AM
You save, nothing to worry about.

CHRISTMAS IS SAVED

Is it the PCs turn?

Chambers
2013-03-11, 11:58 AM
Yeah you guys are up. It should say so in the spoiler.

Heavensfury
2013-03-11, 03:58 PM
Spells currently active

Mage armor, Shield, Resist energy (fire), Resist energy (sonic), Keen edge, Mind Blank, Tongues, Comprehend languages, Message

Edit: Almost forgot, Bolstering Voice stance

Heavensfury
2013-03-13, 06:31 PM
Magic Missile recharge magic

[roll0]

Chambers
2013-03-14, 07:16 PM
OMG, Valinor is up.

Chambers
2013-03-17, 07:58 PM
Looks like OMG hasn't been on since the 13th, so I'll NPC Valinor for a bit. I might have a post up tonight, hopefully.

Heavensfury
2013-03-24, 11:05 AM
Hokay, let's see what I can do about those pesky mirror images. Step one would be attempting another quickened dispel magic now that it's recharged, so let's see how that works out. Fingers crossed!

[roll0]

Chambers
2013-03-24, 11:26 AM
Dispel Magic doesn't usually have the oomph you need to dispel things at this level.

A little bit of in-character magical analysis (Arcana check, though Tyriel has a high enough mod that he doesn't really need to roll) would point out two key factors: Irresistible Dance is a 6th lvl Bard spell / 8th level Sorcerer & Wizard spell, so his caster level is at least either 15 or 16. That'd be a base dispel DC of 25. Mass Suggestion is 5th Bard / 6th Sorcerer & Wizard, though I described it as a "Mass Suggestion effect", not actually the spell. High level Bards get that ability (at 18th level), giving him a possible dispel DC of 29.

Also, when I describe something as a "[spell name] effect" it usually means it's a SLA, Su, or Magic Item of some kind that is replicating the spell.

As I've done a few times in the game so far, I don't mind explaining certain mechanics OOC after the characters have had a chance to interact with them. At 15th level I think it's fair to assume that given half a chance characters can suss out what their opponents are doing, particularly if it's things they're capable of themselves. An exception is if the opponent is doing something deliberately deceptive; then you'll have to figure it out yourself.

In any case, a dispel check of 26 doesn't bring down the images.

Dice

Sydil is going to cast Telekinesis, bringing the crown 20ft closer. What spell is Ayorra going to cast? Treat it like a surprise round.

Heavensfury
2013-03-24, 11:37 AM
Understood, but it's a swift action I'm not using for anything else, so really it costs me nothing and I could always get lucky. I'll have my IC post up before today ends.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-03-24, 02:57 PM
Sydil is going to cast Telekinesis, bringing the crown 20ft closer. What spell is Ayorra going to cast? Treat it like a surprise round.

Legion's undeniable gravity (MiniHB), targeted on the throne. Will save DC 21 or everything within a 20 foot radius drops to the ground and is unable to use their fly speed for 15 minutes.

TheFallenSon
2013-03-24, 03:34 PM
I didn't see a square for Mith on th map. I will post without if you like. I intend to attempt stabbing type of deal on the enemy bard fellow.

Heavensfury
2013-03-24, 04:46 PM
Recharge Magic:
dispel magic [roll0]

manyjaws, assuming it's "general" recharge rate. Comparable spell is spiritual weapon, which has the general recharge rate. [roll1]

Chambers
2013-03-26, 05:49 PM
I didn't see a square for Mith on th map. I will post without if you like. I intend to attempt stabbing type of deal on the enemy bard fellow.

Mithranix is on the map; you need to click the magnifying glass button and then right click on the map to zoom out.

Dice

I'm guessing you cast the spell via her Spontaneous [any known spell] 2/day ability?

---

Reflex Save vs Manyjaws (DC 24) [roll0]

Will Save vs Legion's Undeniable Gravity (DC 21)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit: Wow, great luck for the Smoke Para's. I didn't expect any of them to save.

TheFallenSon

After Tyriel's manyjaws spell all the mirror images are gone.

Chambers
2013-03-26, 05:53 PM
Initiative
Ayorra / Sydil [roll0]
Smoke Paraelementals [roll1]

Edit: That was more expected, but there was a chance the two of you could get away before they could react.

Chambers
2013-03-26, 06:35 PM
Sydil
Fortitude Save vs Smoke Claw [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Ayorra
Two Claw Charge (AC 30)
Attack [roll2]
Attack [roll3]

Damage [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Rend Damage [roll6]

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-03-26, 07:26 PM
Dice

I'm guessing you cast the spell via her Spontaneous [any known spell] 2/day ability?

Via Uncanny Forethought, actually, I'm saving the Hathran ability for cleric spells she needs.

Chambers
2013-03-26, 07:39 PM
Uncanny Forethought is a Full Round action which Ayorra didn't have as it was a surprise round. As it's already happened, how about just marking off one use of Universal Spirit Magic, unless you have another similar ability that would let you do it instead.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-03-26, 08:32 PM
Uncanny Forethought is a Full Round action which Ayorra didn't have as it was a surprise round. As it's already happened, how about just marking off one use of Universal Spirit Magic, unless you have another similar ability that would let you do it instead.

Right, surprise round, forgot. In that case, Spirit Magic would be fine.

TheFallenSon
2013-03-28, 12:44 PM
I got a possible crit there. Should I roll damage and all that here in the OOC to keep from cluttering the IC thread?

Chambers
2013-03-28, 02:22 PM
Sure, that's fine.

TheFallenSon
2013-03-29, 10:35 AM
Right here it is then.

confirm
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

So....a 1 and a 6....woohoo

In the end, 59 damage.

Heavensfury
2013-03-29, 12:05 PM
It doesn't matter this time since you rolled a natural one, but don't forget you have Battle Ardor (add INT bonus to confirm crits)

Chambers
2013-03-29, 09:28 PM
Action for Valinor

White Raven Hammer vs Alasdair
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

If it hits, Alasdair takes [roll2] extra damage and is Stunned for 1 round.

Chambers
2013-03-29, 09:35 PM
Will Saves (Valinor & Mithranix)

Valinor [roll0]

Mithranix (Moment of Perfect Mind) [roll1]

TheFallenSon

I'm assuming that you'd prefer to use Moment of Perfect Mind instead of Mithranix's normal Will save, considering it's readied and is what it's meant for.

TheFallenSon
2013-03-30, 03:18 PM
That's what it's there fir mate...and it looks like I need it with that roll.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to study up on my sheet, doesn't do to forget your own abilities.

Heavensfury
2013-03-31, 10:43 AM
Hmmmmmmm. Chambers, does Otto's irresistible dance count as a curse? I'm not sure what, if anything, remove curse affects besides bestow curse.

The Great Skenardo
2013-03-31, 12:12 PM
Curses are specific things. Blindness/Deafness is not a curse, for example, but Eyebite is. It more or less relies upon the specific spell description, or if the effect is literally a curse (Hexblade's Curse, for example, or presumably a gypsy curse).

Chambers
2013-03-31, 12:41 PM
Nope, not a curse. It's a compulsion though, so Protection from Evil would suppress it.

Chambers
2013-03-31, 09:53 PM
Holy Aura. Excellent choice. ::thumbs up::

Chambers
2013-04-02, 05:27 PM
TGS & TFS

You guys are up.

Chambers
2013-04-03, 09:11 PM
Sydil
Fortitude Save vs Smoke Claw [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

--- If Sydil fails her save, Smoke Paraelemental must save against Karmic Backlash
--- Will Save vs Karmic Backlash (DC 21) [roll2]

Ayorra
Full Attack on Ayorra (AC 30)

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

Attack [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

Attack [roll7]
Damage [roll8]

Attack [roll9]
Damage [roll10]

Rend (if two hit) [roll11]

High hits (51-100)
Attack 1: Miss Chance [roll12]
Attack 2: Miss Chance [roll13]
Attack 3: Miss Chance [roll14]
Attack 4: Miss Chance [roll15]

--- If Ayorra is hit, Smoke Paraelemental must save against Karmic Backlash
--- Will Save vs Karmic Backlash (DC 21) [roll16]

Chambers
2013-04-03, 09:14 PM
Result: Sydil makes her save and takes no damage. The Smoke Para attempting to engulf her hasn't triggered Karmic Backlash yet.

Ayorra got hit once for 16 damage and her Smoke Para failed its save vs Karmic Backlash.

Chambers
2013-04-06, 06:58 PM
Do you have some cunning plan for Ayorra? I'm curious why she didn't escape through the portal.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-04-06, 07:08 PM
...probably because I read the combination of "the portal winks out" and "splitting the party again!" to mean the portal was closed and she couldn't get through. If you only meant "Ayorra and Sydil will be on different cogs when they go through the portal" then I'm an idiot and I'll edit my post to send her through the portal instead.

Chambers
2013-04-06, 07:13 PM
The latter. So far the portal has only been visible when it's in use. Feel free to edit and I'll roll a malfunction chance here.

[roll0]

Chambers
2013-04-06, 07:27 PM
Welp. That's a malfunction right there. You can keep the mislead spell and use your move action to attempt the portal. Sound good?

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-04-06, 08:51 PM
It does indeed. I've edited my post.

Chambers
2013-04-06, 09:14 PM
Ayorra needs to make a Will save vs Telekinesis (violent thrust).

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-04-06, 10:55 PM
One Will save, coming right up: [roll0]

Chambers
2013-04-07, 10:35 AM
Exit Aranel, Left Stage.

Valinor will soon be skipping out as well, so figure out what you want him to be doing while he's off-screen.

That brings our current roster to:

{table=head]Player|Character|Class
PairO'DiceLost|Ayorra Selskhiva|Wizard/Cleric
The Great Skenardo|Wen Shu|Ninja/Duelist
Heavensfury|Tryeil Ardentwings|Warblade/Wizard
TheFallenSon|Mithranix the Brightstar|Warblade/Rogue[/table]

I've been in PM contact with another possible player but I don't think I want to bring in another character right at the moment. It's feeling a little like a revolving door and I want to give the game some time to settle down with the characters that we do have.

I'd like to get Wen Shu more involved and get his character (or at least one of his disguises) firmly introduced and working with the party. What are your thoughts on the situation TGS? I feel like the Labryinth is doing fine at the moment though any thoughts you have about that are welcome as well Dice.

The Great Skenardo
2013-04-07, 04:17 PM
Wen Shu went off and hid because he had little or no effect upon the enemy. He is interested in restoring political stability to the city (despite any appearances to the contrary) but so far he hasn't judged the party to be particularly effectual in that regard. Probably he will tail the group to wherever they bed down for the night and then make some variety of an appearance.

Chambers
2013-04-07, 05:06 PM
Problem with that is I've no idea when "bedtime" will be in terms of RL time. It could be a fair ways away. Remember, Midsummer is five days away and the Coronal thinks that, well, here are her words.

"We do not have the luxury of time." Ilsevele says as she sits back down at the table. "I fear that whomever these hidden mages are they are quickly buildling up to some finale, something that we must stop. Midsummer festival is only five days away...I cannot fathom they would wait longer. Mayhap they need that day to work an even more powerful ritual. Long have mages drawn power from the festival days, though not always for the better."

Let's find some other way besides waiting for night.

TheFallenSon
2013-04-08, 03:52 PM
I will throw up a quick response. Give me about a half hour.

Web Shu could pose as a simple soldier type...guardsman or some such.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-04-08, 07:55 PM
I feel like the Labryinth is doing fine at the moment though any thoughts you have about that are welcome as well Dice.

I think it is. Ayorra is mighty peeved to not have a bodyguard around and is hating every minute in the Labyrinth, but I'm having a grand old time. :smallwink:

Chambers
2013-04-09, 06:08 PM
TGS, you're up. What's Wen Shu gonna do?

...when they come for you. Bad boys, bad boys...

The Great Skenardo
2013-04-09, 07:37 PM
First, just for my own benefit
[roll0]

Heavensfury
2013-04-09, 10:02 PM
Chambers, how long has it been since we first entered the Treant's Treat?

Chambers
2013-04-10, 05:07 AM
I'll double check tonight but I think it's been about two hours.

Heavensfury
2013-04-11, 11:25 AM
Oh my, that would certainly be more than enough time for the recharge magic. When Virodel reveals himself, Tyriel stays hidden and activates arcane sight and detect thoughts (DC 22 will). Mentioning this in OOC 'cause not sure how interesting of an IC post it would be :smalltongue:.

Chambers
2013-04-11, 12:14 PM
Sure thing. TGS, you've got the Ring of Mind Shielding, right? Also unless the spells on your character have changed Arcane Sight should show the same Auras as when Tyriel scanned him in the Treants Treat.

The Great Skenardo
2013-04-11, 01:07 PM
Virodel doesn't have anything that foils detect thoughts; rather, he is shielded from divination effects.
I will assume you can make the appropriate spellcraft checks. He has the following visible auras:
Faint Illusion, Faint conjuration,
Moderate Transmutation, moderate transmutation, moderate transmutation, Strong Abjuration, moderate conjuration, Moderate Conjuration, moderate conjuration.

the fellow he met in the bar had at least one more faint illusion aura.

[roll0]

EDIT: You also determine that Virodel has no spelllike abilities and is not a caster of any kind.
EDIT EDIT: Although you detect in Virodel a powerful intellect.
And I assume that you're casting these spells with silent spell or something of the kind?

Heavensfury
2013-04-11, 03:55 PM
And I assume that you're casting these spells with silent spell or something of the kind?

Mostly counting on being able to cast and use the spells while having three feet of solid ground between us (if it turns out I'm directly below you).

Chambers
2013-04-13, 04:52 PM
So what do our elven heroes have to say to this mysterious swordsman?

Also, still your turn in the Labyrinth Dice.

Heavensfury
2013-04-13, 04:56 PM
Was planning on letting Mithranix and Valinor take the lead for now, at least while my mislead and ghostform are active.

Chambers
2013-04-13, 05:00 PM
Was planning on letting Mithranix and Valinor take the lead for now, at least while my mislead and ghostform are active.

Valinor is a NPC right now; the only lead he'll be taking is to Exit Stage Left after this scene. Tyriel can still magically whisper to Mithranix and Valinor if you wanted to contribute while being obfuscated.

Heavensfury
2013-04-13, 05:20 PM
Tyriel wants to see how this stranger presents/explains himself before giving anything away. He's pretty sure this is the same gentleman as the one from the Treant's Treat (near identical auras, massive intellect but not a caster, strong will), but until he sees how Virodel interacts with the group, he can't really draw any helpful conclusions about what that means. If he's a threat, and something gives away that I've shared that information with the others, it could put him on his guard. Besides, this totally puts me in a position for a dramatic reveal later! :smallbiggrin:

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-04-14, 04:49 PM
Also, still your turn in the Labyrinth Dice.

Unfortunately not; as with normal dimension door, Ayorra can't take any more actions in a round after teleporting.

Chambers
2013-04-14, 04:52 PM
Ah. That's bad news for her then.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-04-14, 07:19 PM
Ah. That's bad news for her then.

Believe me, I know. Looks like she should have cast mislead after all.

Chambers
2013-04-14, 07:48 PM
Just for the record: Ayorra: 95/126 HP

Smoke Para 1

Full Attack on Ayorra (AC 30)

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]

Rend (if two hit) [roll8]

High Hits (51-100)
Attack 1 [roll9]
Attack 2 [roll10]
Attack 3 [roll11]
Attack 4 [roll12]

--- If Ayorra is hit, Smoke Paraelemental must save against Karmic Backlash
--- Will Save vs Karmic Backlash (DC 20) [roll13]

Smoke Para 3 (Exhausted)

Ayorra: Fortitude Save vs Smoke Claw
[roll14]

Chambers
2013-04-14, 07:50 PM
Looks like the Displacement saved her there, no hits from the full attack. Does she have an Immediate action spell in regards to that Fortitude save?

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-04-14, 10:49 PM
Looks like the Displacement saved her there, no hits from the full attack. Does she have an Immediate action spell in regards to that Fortitude save?

No she doesn't.

Chambers
2013-04-15, 08:00 PM
Well...here's some Smoke Claw damage then.
[roll0]

Chambers
2013-04-15, 09:05 PM
Throne Room updated. If someone doesn't post tomorrow for the people in the city (anyone, really), I'll update it myself. Not meant to sound like a dire warning, just moving it along.

Heavensfury
2013-04-15, 09:42 PM
Throne Room updated. If someone doesn't post tomorrow for the people in the city (anyone, really), I'll update it myself. Not meant to sound like a dire warning, just moving it along.

Fair enough

TheFallenSon
2013-04-16, 07:55 AM
Gonna do some knowledge checks then try and intimidate the unknown man. I know that it doesn't work on chars...Kith does not.

Knowledge Local
[roll0]

Knowledge History
[roll1]

Intimidate
[roll2]

Chambers
2013-04-17, 05:25 AM
I'll get the knowledge check results tonight. TGS, are the scorpions your own thing or from some bit of lore?

Portal Malfunction Check!
[roll0]

Chambers
2013-04-17, 05:35 AM
Oh, that's bad.

Greater Dispel Magic
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]

The Great Skenardo
2013-04-17, 10:31 AM
I'll get the knowledge check results tonight. TGS, are the scorpions your own thing or from some bit of lore?

Portal Malfunction Check!
[roll0]

Virodel's Personal emblem from the Old Country.

Chambers
2013-04-17, 04:20 PM
Cool, thanks. Dice, can you figure out which spells were dispelled?

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-04-17, 10:04 PM
Dice, can you figure out which spells were dispelled?

Sure. The DC for dispelling Ayorra's spells is 31, so going in order based on the order they were cast, Ayorra loses the following spells:

Energy Immunity (fire)
Energy Immunity (acid)
Body Ward (Con)
Owl's Wisdom
Fly
Freedom of Movement

Chambers
2013-04-20, 09:23 PM
Just a quick note: I've got no problem with Tyriel coming to that conclusion given the readings from Arcane Sight and the unusual nature of both elves appearing/disappearing. It's a reasonable conclusion to arrive it. That said, TGS, feel free to deny, deny, deny the accusation if you'd like. It's a reasonable inference but there's no proof and I wouldn't want you to feel that your character has to drop his disguise or admit to it. Stranger coincidences than two elves having similar Auras and methods have happened in the Realms.

Anyway, we now return to your previously scheduled game already in progress.

Heavensfury
2013-04-21, 11:42 PM
Dice, I am rooting for you. Third time is the charm, right?

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-04-22, 12:01 AM
I hope so, but something tells me the percentile dice don't agree with me.

Chambers
2013-04-29, 07:00 AM
Woot! Forums are back. Don't ever leave again! ::hugs::

Heavensfury
2013-04-29, 02:15 PM
Oh thank goodness, and hooray!

Chambers
2013-05-02, 05:26 AM
Been a busy week. I hope to update this evening.

Chambers
2013-05-08, 08:07 PM
I probably could have made it clearer, but I meant that the three of you (Valinor, Mithranix, and Tyriel) walked back to the Treat to find it closed. I can run with it either way though, no worries.

Heavensfury
2013-05-09, 01:11 AM
Ah, I took it as Valinor left alone, chatting with Tyriel via message, thereby signaling to the others that they should split up and meet at the Treat. My bad. I think this should work too.

Chambers
2013-05-09, 06:38 AM
Good thing he's a Chaotic Good Paladin then. A little B&E in the service of the Coronal won't be a problem.

Heavensfury
2013-05-09, 11:34 AM
Hey hey hey, we haven't technically "broken" anything...
<<
>>

Chambers
2013-05-10, 05:03 PM
Ayorra Intelligence Check (for upcoming post) [roll0]

Edit: Success!

Heavensfury
2013-05-12, 07:15 PM
Chambers, before I write my post I need to check something with you. For some reason I have it in my head that druids in Faerun need to worship a nature god to gain access to druidic magic. I'm not sure if this is something I read in a source book (don't think so, since I can't find it now), in one of the Forgotten Realms novels, or perhaps I'm just making stuff up in my mind. Can druids here obtain their magic directly from nature, or do they need a divine intermediary?

Chambers
2013-05-12, 07:30 PM
Yes, that's correct. In the Forgotten Realms druids & clerics must worship a deity to receive spells. I'm fairly certain the same applies to Paladins & Blackguards, but the Archivist is exempt from that as far as I know. Other divine casters like Spirit Shamans & Shujenga would have to worship a deity like the druid.

The rule is in the FRCS, somewhere near the front where they talk about clerics & druids.

Heavensfury
2013-05-12, 08:23 PM
Sweet, I'm not crazy. Thanks!

Chambers
2013-05-14, 07:26 PM
Chambers poked TGS & TFS. Would you like to poke back?

Heavensfury
2013-05-14, 11:49 PM
Hmmmmm, I think there is Shaping Metamagic that can do that...or maybe a Miracle? When in doubt, throw knowledge skills at the problem! Let's see if I have the right ones...

Knowledge Arcana [roll0]

Spellcraft [roll1]

If I should be using one of my others (religion, dungeoneering, history, planes), please let me know.

The Great Skenardo
2013-05-16, 09:49 PM
I had some serious flashbacks when you mentioned pokes just then. ugh.

Chambers
2013-05-19, 12:19 PM
Tyriel: Shaping Magic (Arcana 30)

There are a few methods known that can alter the area of a spell, ranging from the simplest of metamagics to the most dangerous and exotic. Widening the area of a spell is something only experienced mages can accomplish but the trick itself is relatively routine. Increasing the area of an evoked earthquake would require multiple applications of such metamagic however, which is altogether a different (and highly unlikely) trick and it would not answer the question of how the magic was confined to the area.

A true dweomer could be crafted that duplicated the effects of an evoked earthquake and the specifics of the dweomer could be set to whatever the mage desired. Such an undertaking would involve great personal cost to the mage and while it's possible that such a spell might be found already crafted in some lost relic of Netheril it is more likely that the mage would have had to craft the dweomer for him or herself.

Divine intervention would be another possible way for the evoked earthquake to be enlarged and shaped, though the Powers that could or would grant such a Miracle are on a very short list. It's highly unlikely that any of the Seldarine would concede to such a request and even if some N'Tel’Quessir Power granted the prayer it would still draw on the Weave and thus have to pass Mystra's scrutiny as well. Using the Shadow Weave would allow the priest to bypass Mystra's meddling and that would indicate Shar as the Power involved, if the earthquake was evoked by Miracle.

The Mythal from which Myth Drannor earned its name could also have shaped the evocation in the desired manner, itself being an artifact of High Magic and not subject to many of the restrictions on mortal magic. While the Mythal could have done such a thing, the Mythal has been dead for years.

Tyriel: Earthquake Spell (Spellcraft 38)

Every dweomer leaves clues to its origins, every spell cast leaves a signature that can be read for those that have the insight to see. The earthquake that was evoked within the district bore no traditional symptoms of being cast through the Shadow Weave, nor did it carry the awesome and terrifying weight of a true dweomer. The echo of the power that was expended was more than physical; magic of this strength leaves an aura strong enough to examine and read for days afterward and warps the ambient energy in the area. By sensing the pattern of distortions - akin to tracing frozen ripples on the lake of a still moving pond - you can trace back the energy to its focal point right above the ruined Six Tyryl Towers.

There at the point of origin of the dweomer is something odd. The ripples here are the smallest, shrinking down until they form a single, tiny dot that fluctuates in and out of your arcane senses, rapidly disappearing and reappearing many times over in the blink of an eye. The fluctuations are highly reminiscent of someone flickering back and forth between the Prime and the ethereal planes of existence, inhabiting and affecting both planes at the same time and indicating that the spell was actually cast on another plane yet forced through a breach of some kind to affect the Prime.

Chambers
2013-05-23, 05:38 AM
No word yet from TheFallenSon. Hope everythings allright. I plan on writing updates for everyone tonight.

By the by, I thought I might explain by what I've used IC and referred to as High Art/Epic Magic. The epic spellcasting system doesn't work so I'm not using that. Instead the concept of epic magic I've been operating under for this game is one whereby the spells part of epic spellcasting doesn't change but the metamagic feats do. Essentially epic spells are normal spells that have Super Metamagic, like Chaining the Heal spell to everyone in the district. I don't have a set of rules written for it yet (working on it), but any Epic Metamagic feat is more powerful by at least one order of magnitude than its regular version.

That might help put some of the High Art used in a better context.

Chambers
2013-05-23, 07:53 PM
Firstly, a Spot check for the Rabblerouser to see through your disguise (more like recognize you're wearing at least one disguise). He's just generally suspicious so the rules call for him taking 10, for a total of 33. Wen Shu's Disguise mod is +19 with an additional +10 from the Ring of Chameleon Power. It's a small chance he'll be caught out.

Disguise [roll0] vs Take 10 (33)

Edit: All right, no worries there.

Chambers
2013-05-23, 08:37 PM
It's been 13 days since TFS was last on the forum so I'm going to start NPC'ing Mithranix again, which brings us down to 3 players.

Argh. :smallfrown:

Heavensfury
2013-05-26, 02:31 PM
Hmmm, how long do we have until evening-feast?

Should I come up with assignments for Valinor and Mithranix to be doing off-screen?

Chambers
2013-05-26, 02:36 PM
About 5 or 6 hours. It's around high sun right now.

If you have ideas for them, sure. Otherwise I'll think of something.

Chambers
2013-05-30, 08:32 PM
It's been a slightly off week; short weeks (holidays) always seem to mess up schedules.

Userpay has expressed interest in rejoining and I'm in the process of writing up Dane's reintroduction as well as writing Valinor & Mithranix into the background. Various interruptions (dentist visit, technical support for my Chromebook) have limited my writing time, but I've got tomorrow afternoon free so I hope to get some words on screen then.

Chambers
2013-06-02, 09:08 AM
Writing the (much delayed) update and reintroduction now.

TGS, are you going with Alasdair?

Also, Dice, I forgot that Find the Path would tell Sydil exactly how to get where she wants to go so she does know how to remove the gear/portal key. It'll be free in this update.

Heavensfury
2013-06-03, 09:55 AM
Since "I sit and wait" isn't a very interesting post, I'll wait for Userpay's blurb before writing up mine. May I assume a dragon and her rider flying about and landing nearby would be something one of my Prying Eyes would think to report to me?

Chambers
2013-06-03, 12:06 PM
"Unusual events or people" is subjective, so whatever Tyriel would think is unusual, that definition would be passed on to the eyes. So, up to you. :smallsmile:

userpay
2013-06-03, 01:44 PM
I'll be posting today, hopefully within the next hour or so assuming no interruptions.

Chambers
2013-06-03, 08:24 PM
Reference http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14818489&postcount=174this post for some information gathered by Dane & Mithranix and what Dane experienced during the earthquake/spellfire.

Chambers
2013-06-09, 06:50 PM
Dane, Ayorra, and Wu Shen are up in the batters box to post. TGS, you still around?

userpay
2013-06-10, 03:12 PM
I think I might have gotten a bit confused as to who is still at the Treant. Either way I'll be posting tomorrow.

Heavensfury
2013-06-10, 03:23 PM
Tyriel is the only one still at the Treant's Treat. Also, just so you know, Mithranix never mentioned anything from that post Chambers linked for you.

Chambers
2013-06-14, 05:12 PM
While Dane, Aria, & Tyriel are sharing notes and coming up with a plan, how about the rest of the party? Dice, TGS?

Heavensfury
2013-06-16, 09:08 PM
~Ominous silence~

I sure hope everyone is okay!

Chambers
2013-06-16, 09:13 PM
~Ominous silence~

I sure hope everyone is okay!

Yep. I got a PM from Dice. He's been really busy with work, so when that calms down Ayorra will get to move some chess pieces around. TGS is going to let Wen Shu move over into NPC land and make another character, one that's a bit more invested in the problems at hand. We both liked Wen Shu but it felt hard to get him past the 'interested stranger' stage, so to speak.

As for Dane & Tyriel I'm fine with letting you two hash out whatever it is you'd like to do. If you'd like a little nudge I can provide that as well.

Heavensfury
2013-06-16, 11:07 PM
Ooooo, thanks for the update. I'll just wait for Dane to reply then.

userpay
2013-06-17, 12:17 AM
I'll try to put something in tomorrow or the day after. Catching crap at work because communications have been misunderstood.

The Great Skenardo
2013-06-18, 06:50 PM
Sorry for the Not IC you fellows- I've been in PM conference with Chambers.

What with one thing and another, I haven't been able to make Wn Shu / UHE/ Virodel work out in this campaign. so he's vanishing from sight to be replaced by another, more easily integrated character.
anyways stats.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Chambers
2013-06-18, 08:20 PM
The party's loss is my NPC's gain. :smallamused:

Chambers
2013-06-19, 09:18 PM
Notable Diviners

Nobility & Royalty: One of your comrades in the Wing & Horn cavalry is the heir to the Ammath Clan. Luthais is no Akh'Faern, having chosen the rough life of a warrior in service to the Coronal, yet he respects his families long tradition of magecraft reaching back for thousands of years. The Archmage of the Ammath Clan and Luthais uncle is Khyssoun Ammath; in addition to holding the title within his clan Khyssoun is also one of the High Court Mages of Myth Drannor, one of the Coronals two personal Akh'Faern.

Religion: A dwarven priestess of the Red Knight has been in Mtyh Drannor for the last tenday. Lady Knight Calith Fehn arrived with a group of human and dwarven worshipers of the Lady of Strategy on a pilgrimage to important battle sites across Toril. The groups studies of the retaking of the Myth Drannor from the daemonfey have been interrupted by the nightmares and she's become a regular sight at the Palace within the past few days, relentlessly demanding answers from the Court and justice for the slain dwarf miners.

Dice

The portal will close and turn invisible as normal. Also, Sydil still has Find the Path active so the question of which piece to move where will be answered by the divination. That would just be boring though, so of course I'll be throwing in other difficulties that the spell doesn't solve. Won't get a post tonight though, probably tomorrow evening or Friday evening. Work is getting busy for me as well and I'll probably have to work both Saturday and Sunday also for some mandatory "voluntary" overtime.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-06-19, 11:42 PM
Dice

The portal will close and turn invisible as normal. Also, Sydil still has Find the Path active so the question of which piece to move where will be answered by the divination. That would just be boring though, so of course I'll be throwing in other difficulties that the spell doesn't solve.

I figured as much, I just wasn't sure if this was going to be a "take the place of the pieces" chess puzzle or a "guide the pieces and they attack you if you screw up" chess puzzle or a "you need to checkmate in 3 moves and everything explodes if you take 4 moves" chess puzzle or something else, so I didn't want to have Ayorra start doing something rash.

Won't get a post tonight though, probably tomorrow evening or Friday evening. Work is getting busy for me as well and I'll probably have to work both Saturday and Sunday also for some mandatory "voluntary" overtime.

Gotta love voluntary overtime, particularly (as in my case) when you're salaried and don't actually get paid overtime rates for the extra 20 hours you work in a given week. :smallsigh: You have my sympathies.

Chambers
2013-06-23, 08:44 AM
Using the NPC to push around the statues? Classy. :smallamused: Good thing Telekinesis is General recharge.

TGS

How's the character coming?

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-06-23, 11:50 AM
Using the NPC to push around the statues? Classy. :smallamused: Good thing Telekinesis is General recharge.

Hey, don't look at me, Sydil said the spell shows her moving the piece, and Ayorra knows better than to interfere with the will of Mystra. :smallcool:

Chambers
2013-06-23, 11:57 AM
Well said.

Also, if anyone is interested I've started a recruitment for another FR game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289203). It's set in the same fanon as this one (same timeframe) and takes place in the southeast Faerun, dealing with an expanding Mulhorandi Empire and their rediscovery of ancient Imaskari planar magic.

Totally not inspired by Stargate, btw. ::whistles innocently::

Teaser for interest: the Epic Metamagic system I've used for the NPC's in this game will be available for the PC's. So there's that.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-06-23, 12:17 PM
Totally not inspired by Stargate, btw. ::whistles innocently::

That reminds me, I need to start my Astralgate AG-1 campaign (Stargate + Eberron with an ancient Xen'drik gate-creating artifact subbing in for a stargate and the Quori subbing in for the Goa'uld) back up once I have the time for it. Stargate crossovers are always fun.

Chambers
2013-06-23, 12:34 PM
Was that the one where all magic just stopped working? It amused me that the Truenamer was the most powerful PC.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-06-23, 12:42 PM
No, that was the "Xoriat and Dal Quor have returned to bleed into Eberron, casting the slightest cantrip could nuke a town, and we're breaking out the Elder Evils rules!" campaign. The truenamer wasn't the most powerful PC per se, he just happened to be less subject to the turned-up-to-11 wild magic than the others.

The Great Skenardo
2013-06-25, 06:58 PM
The character is coming along well. My computer was a little broken this week, but nearly all the crunch is done- just a few more items to buy.

Heavensfury
2013-06-25, 07:31 PM
Hmmmmm, not sure what I did wrong, so I'll try those rolls here instead I guess.

Knowledge (planes) [roll0]

Knowledge (religion) [roll1]

Chambers
2013-06-25, 07:34 PM
Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13753594&postcount=16) the information for the Knowledge: Planes check (it's in the spoiler). I'll write up a Religion check for it soon.

Heavensfury
2013-06-26, 12:29 AM
I was trying for a more specialized inquiry, namely if Dream has any native (preferably intelligent) outsiders. Well, besides figments of peoples' imaginations...assuming that's a thing there. Sorry, could have been more clear about that.

Chambers
2013-07-01, 08:14 PM
Religion (Dream) The Starsingers of Sehanine Moonbow know much about Dream and what lays within it. Though most of her priests and priestesses are busy working against Lloth and fighting the undead, some of her diviners spend time at the Court at Myth Drannor and you recall hearing one such sage speak about the creatures that live within Dream. The discussion was about the religious implications about the inhabitants of the positive and negative energy planes and the elf said that the creatures that live in Dream add another complication to the scholars debate as they are neither animated by positive or negative energy.

She said that those who dwell in Dream survive on Memory. Powerful Dreams that still live within the minds of the sleepers feed the dream dwellers and give them immense power over their local dream. Weak Dreams, or Dreams that are no longer dreamt are stale and feeble, the dwellers little more than shadows of their selves. She spoke of vampiric thought-forms that roamed between Dreams and siphoned their memories from them and also mentioned an outcast tribe of Githyanki that live there and raid sleepers Dreams.

Chambers
2013-07-09, 04:43 PM
Bump! How's everyone doing?

The Great Skenardo
2013-07-09, 06:38 PM
More or less waiting for my big entrance. (Character is pretty much done)

Heavensfury
2013-07-09, 06:58 PM
Just trying to figure out what divinations would work best. Might just end up going for a more open-ended answer to see what Master Gnome has.

Chambers
2013-07-09, 08:00 PM
Did you send me the character sheet? I've wiped my PM's recently so if you did I'll need the link again.

Regarding divinations, start with the questions you want answered. That'll point us in the direction of spells to use.

userpay
2013-07-10, 07:07 AM
Just got back from my vacation so I'll be posting again in a day or two as I deal with catching up on stuff. I'll be interesting to see what state work is in after a week of being gone.

Chambers
2013-07-15, 10:19 PM
Visions of the Future is a neat spell. My favorite part is that the bonus is 1/2 caster level, yet the maximum bonus allowed is +25. Caster level 50? Really? I'm sure there are games where that happens but it just strikes me as funny.

The Great Skenardo
2013-07-16, 04:51 AM
They're probably hedging, because if there's one school of magic where WotC doesn't mind dropping bonuses to CL, it's Divination.

Chambers
2013-07-19, 08:05 PM
Dane is a human in shining armor, not an elf. :smallwink:

While characters are taking mostly to each other I generally back off as a DM, so I'm waiting for you three to talk to each other or move forward in another way.

The Great Skenardo
2013-07-20, 06:10 PM
Corrected.
Delphine doesn't wear outward sign of her devotion, although below her cloak a full moon is emblazoned on the back of her armor, and her cloak is clasped with a crescent moon pin.

Chambers
2013-07-20, 07:25 PM
Cool.

Unless they've hidden them or taken them off Dane, Tyriel, and Aria each have the Coronals insignia leaf on them which anyone who's been in the city for longer than a day would recognize.

Chambers
2013-07-21, 09:22 AM
Poke.

Heavensfury, userpay, are you guys able to get a post in today?

Heavensfury
2013-07-21, 05:56 PM
I'm around, just letting Dane take the lead on this one. He seems to know what he's doing.

Chambers
2013-07-21, 07:13 PM
That's fine, but some kind of reaction post would be cool even if it's "you got this bro." In elven, of course. :smallwink:

Auantiver Labryinth (History - 29)

As part of her preparations for the post of Ambassador between Rashemon and Cormanthyr Ayorra was briefed on the basics of the cultures not only of Cormanthry but of the important surrounding areas. Beyond the standard who's who and what's what of each nation the reports included a smattering of interesting and unique magical phenomena within each region.

Not many details of the Sword Heralds are known outside Cormyr except that they came to the Forest Kingdoms from elsewhere and became prominent not only for their wise council to the royalty and nobility but for the creation of the magical hideaways of which Auantiver Labryinth is one. The tale of the Labryinth is told primarily because it is one of the few hideaways whose location is known and was once semi-open to all comers.

640 DR (Year of the Fanged Beast): "The Sword Heralds of Cormyr create an extra-dimensional labyrinth for the amusement of the jaded young nobles of House Auantiver and stock it with all manner of monstrous creatures."

658 DR (Year of the Dangerous Game): "During this time, it becomes fashionable among the adventuresome scions of Cormyr's noble houses to run the gauntlet of beasts dwelling in the Sword Herald- created Auantiver Labyrinth."

662 DR (Year of the People's Mourning): "The heirs of the Cormyrean houses of Bleth, Crownsilver, and Truesilver die in the monster-filled interdimensional Auantiver Labyrinth."

1247 DR (Year of the Purple Basilisk): " The Company of Jade, an all-male band of adventuresome lordlings, stumble into the long- forgotten Auantiver Labyrinth while exploring the ruins of Battlegate Keep near the border of Cormyr and Sembia. They encounter a monstrous purple basilisk that kills all but a handful of the Company."

1276 DR (Year of the Crumbling Keep): "The Men of the Basilisk decide to open their ranks to any promising young noble or merchant lord who can survive the crucible of the extra-dimensional Auantiver Labyrinth and its fearsome basilisk guardian."

Chambers
2013-07-22, 08:45 PM
Where is Delphine leading them?

Chambers
2013-07-23, 05:43 AM
I'll post for Ayorra tonight, just wanted to mention something that made me smile. When Diplomancing a dragon worried about his/her hoard it's probably best not to offer to help find it. "Oh, so you want a part of it too? Thieves!"

Heh.

40 is good though, even with an ad-hoc penalty for feeding into the dragons paranoia about its hoard. :smallwink:

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-07-23, 03:03 PM
Hey, he asked her for help, so obviously he trusts her; surely he doesn't suspect a Rashemi Ambassador of trying to make off with his hoard like a common thief? :smallbiggrin:

The Great Skenardo
2013-07-23, 05:26 PM
Delphine was planning on leading them to the compound of the church of Moonbow, with plans to infiltrate it.

Chambers
2013-07-23, 05:52 PM
Hilarious. All right, away we go.

Chambers
2013-07-23, 07:26 PM
Writing extended dialog between two NPC's always feels weird like I'm stealing the spotlight from the players.

I'll update the party in Myth Drannor tonight after dinner. By the way the temple is in the Sheshyrinnam District (trans: Homes of the Faithful). The temples name is The Crescent Court (S18 on the map). It's hard to read the 18 but it's the brown building to the left of the really big building with a number 7 on it.

Chambers
2013-07-26, 05:24 AM
I'll be at work most of the day - can someone check out the Portal rules in Magic of Faerun and figure out if Analyze Dweomer (or other spells) can be cast through a stable portal? I have a vague feeling that it functions like Scrying in that there's a chance spells will work or fail across Portal-boundaries.

The elemental worked because it's effect was wholly resolved on this side of the portal; after that it was a normal summoned creature.

Edit: Looked through the portal rules and didn't find anything about it but the Analyze Portal spell has the wording I was thinking of. It says you can't use other divination spells through the portal via Analyze Portal. Doesn't say whether you can when not using that spell but I think the intent is to not allow it, as a general rule. That's how I'm reading the RAI for this and thus Analyze Dweomer wouldn't function through it.

I'm willing to hear a counter-argument though if someone thinks it should be allowed.

Heavensfury
2013-07-26, 09:11 AM
I think your reasoning of the rules is sound, and the reading I've done of Forgotten Realms novels would appear to support your conclusion. I know they aren't the same as the rule-books, but most of the authors do a pretty good job of working within the games rules.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-07-26, 10:28 PM
I'm willing to hear a counter-argument though if someone thinks it should be allowed.

No, you're right, I just forgot that portals function on Stargate physics rather than on Portal physics. :smallwink: I've edited my last post to change Ayorra's actions accordingly.

Chambers
2013-07-27, 12:22 AM
Sounds good. Something to be aware of: Analyze Dweomer specifically mentions objects or creatures. I figure you can designate the floor, ceiling, four walls and chest as objects.

Ayorra Will Save [roll0]

Chambers
2013-07-27, 12:24 AM
Wow, didn't expect that to work. Heh. :smallamused:

Edit: Forgot about the torches on the wall. Ayorra would find that the torches are not actually on fire but are the product of a continual flame spell. Finding no other auras, want me to update with her having Sydil and Andwer come through?

Edit Edit: Oh crap I just realized why the magus can't identify the ring with Silverwinds Monocle. Curse Baewyns total lack of Arcana & Spellcraft!

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-07-27, 01:32 AM
Wow, didn't expect that to work. Heh. :smallamused:

:smallsigh: Good thing we're buffed to the gills.

EDIT: ...we are still buffed to the gills, right? I'm not sure how long that scene took, but if we're not, Ayorra will want to re-buff before going into the room.

Edit Edit: Oh crap I just realized why the magus can't identify the ring with Silverwinds Monocle. Curse Baewyns total lack of Arcana & Spellcraft!

That's one of the reasons. :smallamused:

Chambers
2013-07-27, 07:28 AM
:smallsigh: Good thing we're buffed to the gills.

EDIT: ...we are still buffed to the gills, right? I'm not sure how long that scene took, but if we're not, Ayorra will want to re-buff before going into the room.

It's hard to tell time without any outside reference points but your stomachs are telling you that you've skipped lunch.

Chambers
2013-07-30, 07:30 PM
Disturbance in the Weave (Spellcraft 40 & Arcana 34)

The Weave is a living, breathing thing and as such is often liable to confuse the Nine Hells out of people who prefer things orderly and organized. Scholars and mages persist though and the study of interesting magical phenomena is well worth the reward for those who come after but seldom worth the risk for those who observe it firsthand. Certain applications of the Weave have been noted to present effects similar to what the quartet in the room is experiencing.

Impeded Magic. Each Plane may be inherently attracted to and repelled by certain magical forces, enabling those that aligns with itself while diminishing those that are opposed to it. Some Planes may be by their nature opposed to all magic, weakening the effects of spells and magic items, not to mention the lives of those who cast spells.
Wild Magic. Despite the best efforts of the clergy of Mystra there are still many wild magic areas across Toril. What's worse is that some crazed cultists of mad gods have learned how to duplicate the effect and create new wild magic zones. Other more sane mages have benefited from their study.
Energy Transformation Fields. A powerful transmutation ward that absorbs the energy of cast spells and diminishes the power of active spell effects. The absorbed power is then used to cast a pre-determined spell within the field, usually to the detriment of the unsuspecting mage.
Illusions. Hallucinatory Terrain, Mirage Arcana, and Programmed Image could all be used in concert to make one think that they are somewhere else than where they really are or that they are experiencing something that isn't really there.

Want to edit your post or let it stand?

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-07-30, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I was thinking it might be an energy transformation field given that continual flames are specifically mentioned in the description...hmm. I think Ayorra will lead off with the light spell before the augury, since that would tip her off about impeded or wild magic but would contribute 0 levels to an ETF. If the light spell goes off without a hitch she'll continue with the plan, if it goes poof into an ETF or is affected by wild magic she'll come up with something else.

Chambers
2013-07-30, 08:27 PM
Huh. Didn't notice that EFT doesn't have zero level spells count as 1/2 level. Clever.

I debated leaving EFT out of the skill check result because of the line in the spell "Effects that are absorbed give no indication of where the magic went; they simply vanish." That could be interpreted to mean that a mage couldn't use Spellcraft to identify the effect as there is no effect to see...but that's dumb because you just saw that your spell disappeared. That is the effect.

Also, the purpose of the trap has already been achieved (walked right into the EFT). Being obtuse about it would feel like a Gotcha!

Digression: Kinda want to explain OOC the reasoning for why some of these traps aren't being picked up by Find the Path. FtP is available to Bards, Clerics, and Druids; those are 3 out of the 5 core spellcasters, i.e. the most commonly found spellcasters. So roughly 60% of the spellcasters that might enter a dungeon will have access to the spell either through their own casting or scroll/staff. To me that implies that nefarious people who design dungeons that don't take FtP into account are quickly put out of the dungeon making business.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-07-31, 08:19 PM
Oh, I understand just fine that find the path isn't foolproof; as Ayorra and Taladrik have already pointed out, "the shortest and most direct physical route" and "the safest route" are not at all the same and a smart dungeon designer would take that into account.

The only disappointing aspect of the current trap is that Ayorra wanted to free everyone who got stoned in the lanceboard room, but pissing off an impatient dragon by freeing everyone, explaining the situation, and listening to their life stories is not a good idea.

Chambers
2013-07-31, 08:35 PM
Oh look, here are some (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13949047&postcount=50) random (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13995875&postcount=57) links (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14019215&postcount=58) to the answers for the divination spells that were cast earlier about the dungeon. Wonder how those got here. ::whistles innocently::

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-07-31, 08:54 PM
Fortunately, the divinations mention dragons being dangerous, so until the party runs into a second dragon, they're perfectly safe! :smallwink:

userpay
2013-08-07, 03:12 PM
Will try to get a post in either Thursday or Friday. Between work, housesitting (with pets) and fighting with Financial Aid for college I've been to mentally drained to attempt to interpret and post. Finally squared everything I can do at this point and time for Financial Aid so that won't be an issue for awhile.

Chambers
2013-08-08, 08:55 PM
Will Andwer be able to open the chest the easy way or the hard way?

Open Lock [roll0]

Chambers
2013-08-08, 09:45 PM
If Ayorra casts Detect Magic:
The diamond registers as Strong and is comprised of energy from many different schools of magic (Conjuration, Transmutation, Abjuration, Divination, and Universal; the strongest is Conjuration), the scroll has no aura and the key has no aura.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-08-08, 09:54 PM
"Wizards. They think they're so very clever. When their spells fail, what do they have?"

I take it "A pet dragon who owes them for saving his ass via said spells, is dependent on them to regain his freedom and his wealth, and will (apparently willingly) HULK SMASH objects for them if asked" would be an undiplomatic answer? :smallwink:

Chambers
2013-08-09, 07:16 PM
If you're looking for a spot other than right in the street to cast whatever divination/sending spells to find/contact Ayorra & Sydil the scrying pool in the tall tree next to Glyrryrl's Pool (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13849184&postcount=28) is a fine spot. Other places might be Delphines room at her inn, the fragrant and beautiful Glim-Gardens (along Gardners Ride in the Dlabraddath), or any other place you'd think would be private.

Chambers
2013-08-10, 07:04 PM
Happy Anniversary!

A year ago yesterday I opened the IC thread. We've had some difficulties with player attendance but we've soldiered on and I'm glad for it. This is officially the longest running game I've DM'd on PbP and I'm dedicated to seeing it through.

I think we might have set a record for longest In Game day; it's still the first day! Maybe not in page length (other games probably have a 10 page day) but probably not in OOC time. I do plan to pick up the pace a little once the party is reunited so hopefully the next IC day won't take another year.

Leveling up can be a slow process in PbP games, more so when the game is paced like ours (admittedly slower than others). Therefore as an anniversary gift each character will level up when the IC day is over. So when your characters wake up tomorrow (IC) they'll be Level 16. Retraining will be allowed if something isn't working out like you intended.

I have a few more scenes in mind depending on how the rest of the IC day plays out so it might be a month or so of real time before the day is over but start thinking about whatever additions or changes you'd like made (wizard spells known from leveling up, retraining a feat, etc).

Heavensfury
2013-08-10, 07:14 PM
Hooray! It has been so nice to be part of a pbp that didn't peter-out in the first month or so. Looking forward to getting the current party all together for the first time. Congrats all!

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-08-10, 07:53 PM
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear game thread, happy birthday to youuuuuu! :smallbiggrin:

I hate to spoil the occasion (and make things harder for the Labyrinth party), but I noticed a minor rules issue:

"I can mend that easily." She says and reaches for the two pieces of lock. "The field shouldn't react to a cantrip."

With barely a whisper of power she breathes on the two pieces of the lock in her palm and they jump back to each other, the clean break where the lock was split vanishing.

Energy Transformation Fields still absorb 0-level spells, as Ayorra saw with her light spell, they just don't add any levels to the ETF's reserve, so mending the broken lock wouldn't work.

What would work would be having Andwer break through the chest instead of breaking the lock and opening it--which he should have done anyway because, seriously, traps usually trigger on taking the lock off or opening the chest and a dragon should know traps like the back of his claw, and he even expected an explosion, so... :smallwink:--and retrieving the contents that way. I'd have had Ayorra tell him to take a slightly more roundabout approach to breaking in if I could, but I didn't get a chance.

Chambers
2013-08-10, 08:18 PM
Ah, whoops. I'll fix the post later, go ahead and play it as you've described.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

userpay
2013-08-14, 01:31 PM
Heh quite the eventful 'day'. For some reason even I thought it was at least the second day. This has been my second longest running game I believe.

Also in regards to leveling would I have Aria start taking character levels then?

Chambers
2013-08-14, 07:48 PM
Also in regards to leveling would I have Aria start taking character levels then?

Hmm. Not sure. What advancement benefits would she get at that level as your Special Mount?

userpay
2013-08-14, 10:38 PM
Hmm. Not sure. What advancement benefits would she get at that level as your Special Mount?

*bops self*

Right for some reason I was thinking from more of a cohort standpoint than the special mount standpoint that we set her up as (though to be fair I guess she technically counts as both since I have both the relevant feats). I guess one perspective is that one side is dragon and special mount and the other is character levels... Assuming cohorts would be gestalt.

Aaanyway, if I recall/interpret the text correctly I should have a very young gold which would normally be available at level 16 but is reduced by 3 due to the Dragon Cohort feat making her available at 13. If we go by the special dragon mount table in Draconomicon then I don't gain anything this level up. She doesn't improve again until I hit level 19.

I guess that would be the main reason I'd like to see some character levels or at least something to smooth out the jumps in power. At the very least I'd like to see her beable to protect herself when out of dragon form :smalltongue:

Chambers
2013-08-16, 09:16 PM
I was totally going to update today but I got sidetracked by painting mini's and Fallout: New Vegas. I'll block out some time tomorrow evening to post.

Does Delphine know what spell(s) she wants to cast when she gets to the fountain? I can include the spellcasting in the next update if you'd like.

The Great Skenardo
2013-08-18, 09:45 AM
Scrying, or failing that, Improved Scrying.
If that succeeds, then she's planning on adjusting the Message she sends according to what she sees.

Chambers
2013-08-19, 08:41 PM
Sending

You contact a particular creature with which you are familiar...

I looked at that prior to posting. Turns out it's actually quite hard to scry/contact someone that you're not familiar with or have a bit of hair/token, etc. Comes as a pleasant surprise actually as the rules appear to play well with the common lore (in fantasy literature outside D&D) of scrying needing a bit of the target.

Heavensfury
2013-08-20, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I should have been more clear in my original post. Hopefully the follow-up post clears up what I meant.

Chambers
2013-08-23, 11:23 AM
Another option is to simply use the insignia to contact the Coronal and ask her to contact Ayorra. :smallwink:

Heavensfury
2013-08-23, 03:28 PM
I had thought about that, but was worried the Coronal would be...less than thrilled with being used as a messaging service :smalleek:. Still, if Dane is disinclined to try a Sending himself, I'd vote for that over potentially disrupting the insignia network.

userpay
2013-08-23, 03:34 PM
I wasn't trying to imply I was against attempting a Message, only that I'd rather attempt to contact the goddess over trying to break the network if the Message doesn't work since breaking the network might hurt who knows how many.

Heavensfury
2013-08-24, 01:51 AM
Oh, I was suggesting we go purchase a scroll of Sending (divine version) so Dane could cast the spell and communicate a brief message to Ayorra or Sydil without us having to resort to using or abusing the insignia network at all.

Zero risk of hurting anybody, we won't have to seek intervention from a deity, and a roughly 95% chance the message will reach the others.

Chambers
2013-08-29, 07:54 PM
Any consensus on what to do?

Heavensfury
2013-09-01, 08:34 PM
If Dane doesn't want to do a Sending, I vote asking the Coronal to let Ayorra know we intend to scry on her.

Edit: Just saw the IC post. YOU ARE PSYCHIC!

Chambers
2013-09-01, 08:48 PM
I moved this weekend and don't have internet at the new place yet. The tech is scheduled to come on the 18th but they're trying to schedule it sooner.

In the mean time I've got my phone and a shopping center with free Wi-Fi about 45 minutes away. I'll try and handle what I can from my phone but it won't be as polished as normal. 'Scuse the mess. :smallsmile:

Dane: << Yes, I can spare a moment. What message do you have for them? >>

Chambers
2013-09-05, 09:32 PM
I got a sooner appointment on the 9th, woot.

Tyriel can respond to the above message from the Coronal as well.

Heavensfury
2013-09-06, 02:10 PM
That's quite a bit sooner, 'grats! Will post a response to the Coronal tonight if not sooner.

Chambers
2013-09-09, 09:37 PM
Dice

I edited the latest Labryinth post to reflect the Coronal relaying the message about scrying to Ayorra & Sydil...which is really ironic, considering the situation in the Labryinth. :smallamused:

Chambers
2013-09-13, 07:51 PM
Paging Dice. PairO'Dice Lost please pick up the white courtesy phone. :smallsmile:

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-09-14, 01:10 PM
I just did, no answer. You must have called the wrong hotel.

Sorry to hold things up now that you've sorted things out on your end, everyone. I'm out of town and posting from my phone, but I should be able to get an IC post up in the next day or so.

Chambers
2013-09-17, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the update. Sorry for the extended delay folks, I hope to have the party back together soon.

Chambers
2013-09-20, 06:41 AM
Any chance you can post today? If not I'll have Sydil answer so we can keep moving.

Heavensfury
2013-09-21, 11:22 AM
Awesome, progress! I'll post a response before tonight.

Chambers
2013-09-25, 01:35 PM
Dice

Any issue with Ayorra stepping through and teleporting when the Coronal relays the message?

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-09-26, 12:54 PM
Ready to go. Sorry for the additional delay.

Heavensfury
2013-10-06, 06:05 PM
I'm just trying to unobtrusivley point out IC something my guy doesn't actually know, that the last message Ayorra received from the Coronal said "I look forward to hearing the result of your investigations with it"

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-10-08, 05:34 PM
I'm just trying to unobtrusivley point out IC something my guy doesn't actually know, that the last message Ayorra received from the Coronal said "I look forward to hearing the result of your investigations with it"

Good point. For some reason I was mis-remembering the kiira as having been stolen from Myth Drannor, so Ayorra would want to get it back to the Coronal and her mages as quickly as possible (in my defense, the game's been going for over a year, so forgive an elderly Wychlaran her memory lapses :smallwink:), but since it was just lost for a long time the party studying it first would indeed be the better option.

Chambers
2013-10-12, 02:18 PM
Anybody want to fill in more details before I have the NPC's respond?

Heavensfury
2013-10-13, 01:24 AM
I think we're waiting for the "okay, you check out" confirmation before sharing the juicy bits.

Chambers
2013-10-13, 10:03 AM
TGS, are you still with us?

Edit: Neither Delphine or Andwer registered as Evil for the spell. Forgot about it, sorry.

Chambers
2013-10-14, 06:02 AM
To be clear, the status of the Library is unknown. It was in the district so it suffered some damage but the full extent isn't known (by you all at least).

Chambers
2013-10-20, 10:22 AM
I have haven't back from TGS so I'll start NPC'ing his character if he doesn't post today.

Chambers
2013-10-20, 08:29 PM
TGS

If you come back and still want to play that's totally fine. Delphine will be off on a little solo mission with Andwer and Sydil at the temple.

Dice

We haven't discussed Ayorra's quarters in the city but I've had some thoughts on it. House Llundlar is one of the Noble families of the city, a Gold Elf clan that embraced Eltargrim's dream and have married into human families for many years. Today the clan is more Half-Elf than Gold Elf and the Patriach/House Elder is Kerym Llundlar, a Half-Elf (Sun) "Expert". How do you feel about this House being the Elven family that named Emmevar a Ruathar? Even though he's dead the family would be warmly disposed to you and offered you the use of a separate, small tree dwelling that is a part of their estate in the Sheshyrinnam District.

As Ambassador you'd have your Elven appointed attache also (though he/she wouldn't live there) and access to the serving staff of the larger Estate.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-10-21, 12:22 AM
We haven't discussed Ayorra's quarters in the city but I've had some thoughts on it. House Llundlar is one of the Noble families of the city, a Gold Elf clan that embraced Eltargrim's dream and have married into human families for many years. Today the clan is more Half-Elf than Gold Elf and the Patriach/House Elder is Kerym Llundlar, a Half-Elf (Sun) "Expert". How do you feel about this House being the Elven family that named Emmevar a Ruathar? Even though he's dead the family would be warmly disposed to you and offered you the use of a separate, small tree dwelling that is a part of their estate in the Sheshyrinnam District.

As Ambassador you'd have your Elven appointed attache also (though he/she wouldn't live there) and access to the serving staff of the larger Estate.

Sounds good to me; I hadn't thought much about her quarters either beyond "important people have lots of space." Having a longstanding relationship with the family would work out nicely.

Should I have Ayorra lead them to her quarters and describe everything or let you do that?

Chambers
2013-10-21, 05:20 AM
Go ahead if you'd like. The main Estate is a Grand 4 story ground building while the tree house is in one of the trees on the property.

Chambers
2013-10-27, 08:26 PM
Legend Lore: [roll0]

Heavensfury
2013-11-01, 03:10 PM
Dice,

Ar'faern was his title ("archmage"), not his first name :smallwink:

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-11-01, 03:12 PM
Whoops, that was supposed to be "the soul of the Ar'faern." Thanks for the catch.

Chambers
2013-11-03, 08:56 AM
The selu'kiira isn't really immune to magic. Analyze Dweomer doesn't function on Artifacts, something Ayorra would know.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-11-04, 12:33 AM
...and it's something that I forgot. :smallsigh: Don't know why I was thinking of them as merely being high magic/epic magic items and not artifacts.

I'll edit that. And hey, on the upside, at least she now knows it's not a clever forgery. :smallwink:

userpay
2013-11-04, 01:04 PM
Sorry about my lack of posting again. Not only has school and work been slamming me my mother decided to attempt to drop an ultimatum on me regarding finding an internship. Shouldn't be a problem though as if she does try to do it she'll find that I won't beable to do my homework since I use programs that my school's computers don't have :smallamused:

Anyway I'll try to get a post up within the next couple of days.

Chambers
2013-11-06, 08:50 PM
Anyway I'll try to get a post up within the next couple of days.

That's fine. Do you anticipate Dane/Aria offering an alternative to Tyriel wearing it or should I go ahead with that plan?

Heavensfury

Any preparations you want Tyriel to make beforehand?

Heavensfury
2013-11-06, 09:29 PM
Tyriel was just going to ward himself with protection from evil before attempting the kiira, as the spell prevents possession (in normal circumstances anyways).

Chambers
2013-11-06, 09:56 PM
All right, I'll work on the post and plan to have it up by next evening.

userpay
2013-11-06, 10:58 PM
In addition, if they will help and or stack.

Recitation
Conviction

And be ready to cast Resurgence if needed.