PDA

View Full Version : Weird NES game I used to play

junglesteve
2012-08-07, 12:26 PM
I am trying to find this NES game I used to play when I was a kid. I dont rememner what you looked like but I remember you started in front of this house that really looked like a multi tiered motel. The controls were very castlevania esque. You could go inside rooms and explore / inspect things. One thing I remember is finding a gun inside a dresser and using that to shoot the zombies outside of the rooms.

Starwulf
2012-08-08, 12:22 AM
I am trying to find this NES game I used to play when I was a kid. I dont rememner what you looked like but I remember you started in front of this house that really looked like a multi tiered motel. The controls were very castlevania esque. You could go inside rooms and explore / inspect things. One thing I remember is finding a gun inside a dresser and using that to shoot the zombies outside of the rooms.

Hmm, I might be totally off here, buuuttt...Maniac Mansion?

Snowstorm
2012-08-10, 09:15 AM
Sure sounds like Dr. Chaos to me... the subject of the worst nightmare I've ever had.

Starscream
2012-08-10, 09:33 AM
Sure sounds like Dr. Chaos to me... the subject of the worst nightmare I've ever had.

This is what I was going to say, but you said there were Castlevania type controls. I assume that means it wasn't first person?

Snowstorm
2012-08-10, 11:55 AM
This is what I was going to say, but you said there were Castlevania type controls. I assume that means it wasn't first person?

Dr. Chaos was third person, mostly, but it went into first person when you were exploring the interior rooms, as I remember.

TaRix
2012-08-11, 01:27 AM
Yeah, I'd bet on Dr. Chaos, too. You don't really get anywhere without trying some odd things in the rooms, like "Go"ing into a dresser or window or something like that. Completely non-intuitive for me when I was young.

JustSomeGuy
2012-08-12, 04:28 AM
I'm sure there weren't no guns or zombies in maniac mansion

Kish
2012-08-12, 03:50 PM
I'm sure there weren't no guns or zombies in maniac mansion
So Maniac Mansion had either guns or zombies but you're not sure which one?