PDA

View Full Version : Bejeweled-Ice Storm

MikelaC1
2012-08-07, 12:52 PM
Im turning to the boards in hopes of getting some tips to improve my scores in the Ice Storm mode of Bejeweled.
First of all, does anyone know what triggers the steam lamps to fire off which knocks down the ice columns and moves you into X2, X3, etc bonus. I figure if I know something specific to look for, I could move into the higher multipliers quickly.
Second, several days ago, my mouse started to act up and in a panic, I was hitting random buttons and the game went into a pause mode. Was that just by accident or is there really a pause mode and what is the command to enter and restart.
When you create hyper cubes, do you set them off as soon as possible or do you try to preserve them? I keep hoping that I would somehow create two hyper cubes and have them side by side to push them together to clear the whole screen. But seeing as my games seem to be a mad rush to make combos, I dont think its feasible to hope it could happen.
Similarily, do you explode the star gems as soon as possible? The thing that is most beneficial about the stars is that they fire sideways across the board and hit every column going.
What other tips do people have to make their scores go up?

junglesteve
2012-08-07, 01:06 PM
Im turning to the boards in hopes of getting some tips to improve my scores in the Ice Storm mode of Bejeweled.
First of all, does anyone know what triggers the steam lamps to fire off which knocks down the ice columns and moves you into X2, X3, etc bonus. I figure if I know something specific to look for, I could move into the higher multipliers quickly.
Second, several days ago, my mouse started to act up and in a panic, I was hitting random buttons and the game went into a pause mode. Was that just by accident or is there really a pause mode and what is the command to enter and restart.
When you create hyper cubes, do you set them off as soon as possible or do you try to preserve them? I keep hoping that I would somehow create two hyper cubes and have them side by side to push them together to clear the whole screen. But seeing as my games seem to be a mad rush to make combos, I dont think its feasible to hope it could happen.
Similarily, do you explode the star gems as soon as possible? The thing that is most beneficial about the stars is that they fire sideways across the board and hit every column going.
What other tips do people have to make their scores go up?

Well yeah, making fire gems and star gems is going to be your best bet. But also remember that matching three down will completely destroy a pillar while matching three across will only delay the pillar.

I have never used a pause mode but it makes sense that there is one heh. You can view the controls through the options.

When I make hypercubes I use theme depending on #1 if I am desperate and have no moves I can see or #2 if there are a million gems of a collar that the cube is sitting right beside.