PDA

View Full Version : Ascendancy Academy IC

Julian84
2012-08-07, 08:26 PM
May 3rd, 2016.

It is the second to last day of the 15th school year of Ascendancy Academy.

You each walk briskly into the open square at the center of the school, each coming from your respective abode or place of rest. The school is abuzz, gossip and rumors flitter from ear to ear. Today is a very important day, the day when each member of each team is given their Leadership Assessment Score. Each member goes in alone before the Delta Ascendants, the teachers of the school, and must pass a rigorous examination of their skills and knowledge.

Or, at least, that’s what the rumors say. Up until now, you’ve worked as a group sporadically, and a leader hasn’t risen to the forefront. Now they’re going to pick one for you. Then tomorrow, the five teams, Rider, Walker, Runner, Flyer, and Crawler will compete to become the Psi Ascendants.

Welcome to the final days of your training, Rider Squad. Let’s begin.

Rook.Gamer
2012-08-07, 08:47 PM
Alex walks out into the square proudly wearing his uniform and fidgeting bit with his mask. He looks perfectly fine, but he cannot completely hide his excitement or the nerves that come with the significance of the day. He looks to his fellow students as they join him entering the square and he acknowledges each respectfully with a silent nod and slight smile.

He sends a quick positive thought to each of his companions in congratulations or their accomplishments and offers them his best for the coming decision.

Alex takes his place and waits for the assessment to begin.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-07, 09:19 PM
Damon, unmistakable with his unusual appearance, walks through the crowd to wait for his own examination. His school uniform covered by a light jacket, sunglasses over his white eyes. He sighed, this is it I guess, at least I'll have a chance to do some good, there are good candidates here for leaders, most are a bit to reckless though, not that I can say much with how I act when using my powers on a larger scale.

Thoughts are for if psychics are listening in, most likely teachers checking out what students think or students that just listen in casually.

Fortuna
2012-08-07, 10:00 PM
Julian strides to his place, a hair's breadth from being late. Those around him receive genial smiles and words of encouragement as he passes, each hearing what they need to hear as nearly as he can manage. It would take a master of body language, or a true psychic, to hear the thread of arrogance running through his every action and the subtle ring of falsehood in what he offers to his teammates.

Anecronwashere
2012-08-08, 12:18 AM
Del floats with confidence, his regal bearing shining with joy
Today was the day he would graduate. Nothing would prevent that goal. The Darkness itself couldn't bring him down tonight.

His brightened uniform impeccable and immaculate as befitting a Prince. Despite his disgrace
As he passes the others he chats genially, if overenthused as is his way. The others, used to his overemotional way of holding himself focus on his words, modestly comparing himself to the others and pointing out their strengths, glossing over their weaknesses.

The_Admiral
2012-08-08, 03:26 AM
Overwatch glides in as a hologram, acting really grumpy.

Better get this over with quick. You have no idea how much of a headache I am having right now.

THought it would be an interesting quirk, Overwatch hates not having access to the Internet, mainly because parts of it is stored there. Overwatch gets a killer headache if he/she? is ever out of WiFI range. Not enough to distract, but enough to start complaints.

Malfunctioned
2012-08-08, 09:12 AM
Yaron stands in line, hastily fidgeting with his gauntlets and making calibrations so small they'd hardly matter. The truth is that his nerves are getting to him, as much as he would like to hide it. He takes a deep breath and collects himself, brushing his hair back in a much rehearsed manner.

"So, ah, anyone else nervous?"

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-09, 01:07 PM
Lugus Knight stands in the line, his sunglasses stowed away for the time being, an eyepatch securely fastened to his head. He tries to remain calm and collected.

Julian84
2012-08-09, 05:43 PM
There are now dossiers regarding the Alpha and Delta Ascendants and the Ascendancy Project on the OOC thread. Players will be treated as if they have read this information, so I suggest you do so.

Magma Fist, the school's teacher of melee combat, marches out of the main building, looking dour as usual. He surveys the crowded square briefly.

"ALRIGHT, EVERY TEAM LINE UP IN FRONT OF ME!"

As you hustle to do so, he taps his foot impatiently. "Alright, now that you're all ordered neat-like, here's the game plan. Each of you will go before the Board of Examination for your leadership assessment. They'll ask y'all some questions, and you will be judged by your answers accordingly." He gives you a stern look. "We will go in alphabetical order, one student at a time."

This elicits a large groan from the gathered student body. This will take hours.

"Quiet! First off, Aardvark Man. Let's go!"

The odd adventurer is lead into the building. A few minutes pass, and he emerges, his eyes downcast. Magma Fist comes out after him. "Comet, you're up!"

And so it goes for the next few hours, some heroes taking longer than others. Eventually, you are each lead through the building into a room you've never seen before, where the seven teachers of the school sit before you: Magnificent Max, Kid Hercules, Somnia, Eloi, Magma Fist, E-Z, and Harbinger. Standing alone in the corner is Battlewing himself, looking oddly sullen and withdrawn.

You are bidden to sit down, and are each asked three questions:

1. A young girl has come into possession of a magical artifact, causing her to go on a rampage. How would you and your team react?

2. A teammate and a villain are both falling to their deaths. You can only save one of them. Choose which one.

3. You are alone in a lab full of dangerous looking equipment. A person sits across from you, weeping openly, saying that you have to die, or else everything is lost. What is your reaction?

Please answer in a spoiler box. No peeking until later!

Malfunctioned
2012-08-09, 07:03 PM
"I'd approach her, try the whole 'I know you're in there' trick. If that doesn't work then I'll lead the fight away from the packed places, somewhere open. I'd get the team to hold her down, not hurt her but stop her moving. If we can't get it off of her then we hold her steady until we can contact someone who can."

"...That...that one's difficult. I guess, if I had too, I'd go for the team mate first and then I'd go for the villain, or at least try to soften his fall. Just because they're a bad guy doesn't mean they should die. If I can, I'd get them both out, plus y'know, it can looks as badass as all hell."

"I'd find out why. I'm not just gonna believe someone who says something like that without any evidence. I know traps like that, they could be using hypnosis, illusions, hell even a costume can do it. If they tell me and I believe them, then I'll go through with it, but if not then I hope I'll have my gloves on me."

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-09, 07:16 PM
(I'm going to PM you my reply, if that's alright, if not, I'll just edit this message.)

Julian84
2012-08-09, 07:27 PM
EdroGrimshell: Yeah, sure, no problem.

Anecronwashere
2012-08-09, 08:23 PM
"Treat them the same as a normal villain, remove their power or contain them before they can escape or increase the level of property damage. In combat holding back leads to defeat. When the situation is contained then we will handle their mind control and heal their injuries, physical and mental from the possession.

I'd save the villain first by catching them with my flight then provided my teammate has no flight capabilities or not been saved by another member I will attempt to create a Lightfield for then to land on. My team members should have measures in place for the common occurrence of falling among other things or they are not qualified to enter the field.

Ask them why I have to die from a safe distance. My next reaction will depend on her answer but provided it is not because of my unique lifesignature tied to a bomb I cannot defuse in time I cannot think of a reason where my death is required and the better option to any negative consequences.

The_Admiral
2012-08-10, 12:29 AM
1. A young girl has come into possession of a magical artifact, causing her to go on a rampage. How would you and your team react?
Contain her, remove the artifact from her, contain it, let her go.

2. A teammate and a villain are both falling to their deaths. You can only save one of them. Choose which one.
Teammate, I have been through hell and high water with him/her.

3. You are alone in a lab full of dangerous looking equipment. A person sits across from you, weeping openly, saying that you have to die, or else everything is lost. What is your reaction?
Laugh and ask how am I supposed to go.
(STRIKE ME DOWN AND I SHALL RISE MORE POWERFUL THAN EVER!)

Fortuna
2012-08-10, 12:41 AM
1. "We'd do our best to bring her down without harm to her, and secure the artifact safely. A hero's duty is to strive for the best solution, every time, even if it seems impossible. Only if we failed and there were obviously many innocent lives on the line would we move to lethal force."
2. "Well... all other things being equal, and the question being as you posed it - that only one can be saved, whatever I try - the teammate every time. It is a hero's duty to save lives in potential as well as reality, and a living teammate will save more lives. And if it comes down to it, if I'm honest... I don't know that I could let a friend die to save an enemy. I'm just not that good a person."
3. "...I can't tell you. There's so much context, so many cues around that, that I just can't tell you. How did I get there? What's the last thing I did before getting there, if I don't remember that? How does their mind feel? Can I feel their mind?

"All of that said, I would seek answers. See if I can understand the equipment, ask them why I need to die, delve into my own memories if need be. In a situation like that you can't take anything for granted."

Rook.Gamer
2012-08-10, 06:00 PM
Alex takes a few minutes to consider each question before answering...

I would send the Grimm, Resonance and Lugus Knight to keep her attention focused on them. Their goal will be to minimize the damage she causes while keeping her from hurting herself or others and attempting to lure her towards a less populated region if not out of the city.

Del Karaxi would use his powers over light to help guide the rampaging girl though the streets, by illuminating our team(Grimm, Resonance and Lugus Knight) as needed to assist drawing her along and darkening areas we don't want her to investigate too closely.

Overwatch would access all of the communication systems he was able and use them to direct people away from the threatened areas as well as keeping local, state and federal law enforcement up to date on any and all developments of the crisis.

Kaneis would follow that group keeping track of her emotional state and looking for any indicators about her intentions as the group attempts to lead her. Aditionally Kaneis would watch for an opening to remove the artifact without causing the girl any injury if at all possible.

I would follow from above and relay information to the team as needed to keep everyone working together and focused on moving the girl to a safe location.

Once a relatively safe location was reached the goal would be to contain the girl until a means of deactivating and or removing the artifact was found. This would likely be a corrodinated effort between the whole team depdning on the nature of the girl and artifacts powers.

I don't think it would be right to value one life over another, even if one had been spent serving selfish goals. However I believe that in the moment, if there were truely no way to save them both, I would choose to save my teammate.

I would be cautious and attempt to alert others to the danger this person might present, while keeping the individual engaged and focused on me by trying to get them to explain why they believe what they do and how they came to such a conclusion before attempting to restrain the individual from using any of the equipment within the lab. Naturally I would use my telepathy to contact my team and my force fields to close off the room with the two of us inside for the discussion.

I would of course be willing to lay down my life for the right cause, but this seems more like a trap than anything and I wouldn't give it up too easily.

Julian84
2012-08-10, 06:27 PM
As you give your answers, the Board of Examination mutters amongst themselves and writes down their notes. For any with telepathic or empathic ability, for some reason you cannot sense what is going on inside their heads.

(For most of you, the Board smiles wryly and suggests you spend some more time rereading question 3 and reflecting on it later)

However, while they are conferring, Battlewing rouses from his position in the corner and walks to the middle of the table, glowering you the whole time.

"Final question: Suppose a teammate, or another student, or even a teacher here had powers beyond your ken, powers not even they could fully control powers that, if unleashed, would surely end life on this world. How would you go about containing this... problem."

Some of the Deltas shift anxiously in their seats, casting glances at each other.

Again, please answer in either a spoiler box or a PM

Anecronwashere
2012-08-10, 06:35 PM
"I would look into a power-limiting device to bring the powers down to a more manageable level until the person in question is in full control then slowly raise it so they may better serve Justice and Honour but never to the point where they are a significant risk. I would also recommend a range of meditations for them to run through to control themselves and through them their powers."

Malfunctioned
2012-08-10, 06:55 PM
Yaron awkwardly pauses and shuffles in his seat, obviously thinking hard.

"I would...I mean....honestly Sir? I can't say. I know you're looking for someone who can make the tough calls when they're needed. But I can't 100% for certain say that I could do it, that I could pull the trigger on someone because of something they can't control. I suppose, if it was possible, I'd give them a choice, some kind of exile, far off into space or something. If they choose to die...." He pauses again, swallowing a lump in his throat. "...Then I'd do it. But not until we've exhausted every other option."

He looks up, expecting a look of disappointment.

"Sorry if that wasn't the answer you were looking for, but it's the only one I've got."

The_Admiral
2012-08-11, 04:01 AM
Really? Really? Look, I would try my best to contain them and remove their powers......... Hey who turned on the WiFi?

Rook.Gamer
2012-08-11, 12:36 PM
Alex looks genuinely shocked at Battlewing's sudden outburst and is aware of the deeping implications of his question, tone and the reactions of the rest of the Deltas. He tries to respond as calmly as possible but Battlewing has clearly rattled him.

There is no solution to what you are suggesting. Perhaps moving the source of this power to a different planet or another dimension if such a thing were possible, but you would first have to deal with the human ramifications. Few would be strong enough to handle such an exile and most given too much power wouldn't be able to understand their inability to control it without first being shown the ultimate magnitude of the whats in store to them and the world.

Julian84
2012-08-13, 08:51 PM
I was waiting for Random_Person, but it's been a couple days and the show must go on.

Rook.Gamer: Battlewing stares at you for a few seconds. "At least you understand the risks." He walks back to his corner.

Max clears his throat nervously. "Thank you, Maelstrom, that will be all."

Malfunctioned: Battlewing's gaze softens. "That is why you fail." He walks back to his corner.

Somnia shoots him a glare. "The exam is finished now, Resonance. You may return to the main square."

Sir_Chivalry: Battlewing smiles. "Finally, someone who is willing to do what is necessary for the greater good."

He returns to his corner. "He passes my test."

EdroGrimshell: Battlewing sneers. "Technicalities and half-measures. Expected of one who has a heritage such as you."

Magma Fist leaps out of his chair. "Battlewing! That is uncalled for." He turns to you. "Grimm, you're done here. We will discuss this later."

Necron: Battlewing shakes his head. "You operate under a very out-dated standard, Del Karaxi. When faced with the a threat to the world, your choices are simple: Act, or make way for those who will."

His eyes narrow. "What plane of existence do you hail from, again? I've traveled many, but never encountered one such as... you."

Make a notice check.

C_O: The exam board stare at each other in confusion. "The... Wifi?" E-Z asks hesitantly.

Battlewing waves a hand and walks back to his corner. "Enough. Begone, cyber-being."

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-13, 09:05 PM
"My heritage does not control who I am," Damon says, "I am no demon, even if i can become one. Be glad my grandmother isn't here, she'd probably seal you in a pocket dimension with several hundred of her own personal summons." He turns to the rest of the people there, "I do not blame him, to be honest, I'd be surprised if he didn't react that way. Kinda hard to get around the stigma that demons are evil, I'm used to it by now."

Malfunctioned
2012-08-13, 09:56 PM
Resonance steps back into the square, removing the safety grips of his goggles to get rid of the glare.

That wasn't too bad and I suppose I wasn't expecting anything else.

He looks around, waiting to see whether his acquaintances have finished yet.

Rook.Gamer
2012-08-13, 11:24 PM
Alex thanks his instructors for their consideration and efforts before stepping out of the examination to join his fellow students. Alex is quiet, reflecting on the questions and the Deltas during the test.

Anecronwashere
2012-08-13, 11:37 PM
[roll0]

"Uganis and it's location in the planar cosmology is classified by the government. It's rather out of the way, you wouldn't have been there. It's a whole other sector.
And my standard is not outdated, it is the standard by which my entire civilization lives their lives by, right now. It may be foreign but it is not outdated, if that Menace you speak of cant be contained Then I'll act, but on my dimension the rights of the One outweigh the rights of the Many. Freedom comes first, not safety."

The_Admiral
2012-08-14, 01:44 AM
Goodby, and yes WiFi, My headache's gone. Overwatch says, floating away.

Julian84
2012-08-14, 07:28 AM
Necron: As you challenge Battlewing, you see Harbinger giving you a piercing stare and slightly shaking his head.

Don't challenge a being from the Planes of Justice, even a fallen one, you hear in your head. His powers are still on a different level from yours, your interesting heritage aside. And don't tell him the name, then he can find it for himself!

Battlewing glares at you. "'Classified'? I served the Highest for millennia while this planet was just a primordial mess. I have seen a million different species, and fought with thousands of them. The idea that any information is 'classified' from me is laughable."

Anecronwashere
2012-08-14, 04:43 PM
(OOC: Unintentionally Battlewing committed a couple grevious insults in his short talk to Del. First he insulted the entire structure of calrevian government, and through that Del, then he used an Informal Full Name, something only a trusted friend or ally can do, similar to a nickname.
Not that Battlewing would know about the customs regarding names but the first one he should have thought of)

"I do not delude myself into thinking I can take Sir Battlewing, Former Justice, Threat to the World, Leader of the Alpha Ascendants Mr Telepath, The Unknown I am simply responding to the two extreme slights upon my honour. I have not said anything worthy of a Honour Duel let alone a Death Duel.
If he truly wishes to discover my secret let him, I was against the classification anyway, hiding away my dimension from sight.
Getting angry at others for following their customs when they have an incomplete understanding of your own is folly Sir Battlewing, Former Justice, Threat to the World, Leader of the Alpha Ascendants especially when you have no understanding of those customs. You slighted my entire people, and through them me then challenged the nondisclosure of fact that I was against in the first place.
Then you refused to use any of my titles, even ones you know of, using my Informal Full Name. On my dimension I would have full rights to challenge you to an Honour Duel next HighSun, as would any Calveris within hearing distance but I am told this culture frowns upon such things and I do not doubt your combat capabilities so I will leave your disgraced presence.
Next time you talk to me, remember I am Del Karaxi, Student at Ascendancy, Exiled-Prince of Uganis, Captain in the Calverian Army among others. I'm trying to fit in your culture, by mindful of mine."
With that Del leaves, his feet a bit heavier than usual, his face totally blank.

(OOC: When a Calrevis' face is blank it means two conflicting emotions are trying to be shown. in this case the joy of nearly graduating combined with the anger at Battlewings slights)

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-15, 08:01 PM
Lugus Knight wonders to himself what sort of endorsement he just received. The greater good was rarely a phrase used by those who had that phrase in their interests. His time in France and Belgium had taught him that all too often glory and honour and the greater good were burdens rather than gifts, though those who received them needed strong shoulders to carry them.

Fortuna
2012-08-15, 10:52 PM
Julian emerges with a spring in his stride, making his way over to Alex (and the rest of the team, if they've converged). "Well. That's over with, hey?"

Anecronwashere
2012-08-15, 11:10 PM
"For now. I wonder which of use will be picked as leader. Certainly not me considering Sir Blackwing, Former Justice's impression of me."
Del holds himself in the Calverian version of At-Ease, hovering an inch from the ground, legs spread to shoulder-length and aligned at a 5' angle up from the ground leaning back.
"Pity, I was so looking forward to running through some Army Battle-training courses. I estimated only a mere 15% mortality rate." Del smirks, joking.

Julian84
2012-08-16, 06:53 AM
As you mill around in the square, Battlewing and the Deltas emerge from the building. Battlewing stands at the forefront, sternly gazing out at you all.

"The Leadership Assessment Exam is over. The Board will evaluate your performance and choose the new leadership accordingly. The results will be announced at dinner, so you have some time to... relax."

Malfunctioned
2012-08-16, 08:29 AM
Yaron visibly relaxes upon hearing Battlewing.

"Well that wasn't completely excruciating, hey guys?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-16, 08:34 AM
Damon glances over, "This is mainly their opinion, not a hardset rule, we won't know who's a leader until the time comes, just because they say one of us has the leadership requirements doesn't they are the leader," he sighs, "until we actually get into a situation, I doubt a true leader will be able to stand out. In all honesty, I feel as if Battlewing has a great deal of predjudice towards some of us," he looks at the marks where the horns grew from his right arm, "myself included. I say we just ignore the evaluation and see who stands out as a leader on the field."

The_Admiral
2012-08-16, 10:04 AM
Overwatch floats in and say's Well, I wasn't expecting to become leadership he bites a virtual apple and continues, And I really don't have the attitude for it.

Rook.Gamer
2012-08-16, 02:46 PM
Alex just emerging from his own reflections comments, "I am in agreement with Damon, i worry less about our leadership that our cohesiveness under any leader they may choose for us. We will need to grow as a unit and their will be pains involved as there are with such things. My fear now, based off Battlewing's ... attitude and final query is that we won't have a good deal of time to get our team squared away."

Alex then smiles a bit awkwardly, anyone up for a little basketball at the gym to shake off these evaluations?

Malfunctioned
2012-08-16, 03:14 PM
"Powers or none? Because been literally aching to test out my new model flight pack."

A small smirk crosses his face.

"Unless you think you can't keep up, of course."

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-16, 05:23 PM
Damon glances over, "This is mainly their opinion, not a hardset rule, we won't know who's a leader until the time comes, just because they say one of us has the leadership requirements doesn't they are the leader," he sighs, "until we actually get into a situation, I doubt a true leader will be able to stand out. In all honesty, I feel as if Battlewing has a great deal of predjudice towards some of us," he looks at the marks where the horns grew from his right arm, "myself included. I say we just ignore the evaluation and see who stands out as a leader on the field."

"I agree that he was harsh, but you'll excuse me if experience has shown that being dressed down for a sense of entitlement and being a victim of prejudice are not exactly the same thing. The man is most assuredly an ass, but his decisions and those of his peers must be respected. That said, I also agree that time will reveal the leadership qualities among us all. It doesn't matter who's general when mustard gas is all around, it matters who is captain."

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-16, 06:17 PM
"He said my answer was 'Expected of one who has a heritage such as you,' and one of his teammates had to stop him from continuing. He is a celestial being, I am part demon, it's obvious that he wouldn't trust or like me considering the fact they are almost constantly at war," Damon sighs, "I have worked hard to prove that I am not a demon myself, but it's an uphill battle, putting it lightly."

Julian84
2012-08-16, 06:57 PM
"Maybe it isn't your horns that bothers him." A voice calls out behind you.

Another team saunters up, Flyer. Basically put, they excel in two things: Physical prowess, and being a bunch of royal *******s. So of course, they're one of the favored teams this year. The one who called you out, Flipside, stands at the forefront of the team.

"Maybe it's your attitude, Grimmy." He finishes with a snide grin.

OOC Info (Because this doesn't totally warrant being put in the OOC thread, but still useful):

Flyer Team:

Flipside
Possesses some form of power mimicking. Is accompanied by a small imp named Vaziduz.

Vector
Speed-based powers. Rather secretive on the source and the extent of his abilities.

Verdant
Possesses a demonic artifact implanted within his left arm. It cannot be removed and it holds extremely odd properties.

Gehenna
The magic-user of the group, Gehenna is an apparently "reformed" student of dark magic. She is in a relationship with Flipside and keeps Vaziduz under his control.

Typhoon
Possesses weather control powers and can generate lightning.

Jack Talon
Brutal hand-to-hand fighter, mutated by the Victus process invented by Professor Plasma 20 years ago. He turns into a raptor-like creature.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-16, 07:44 PM
"I've dealt with this before, as has my family," Damon says, "And you won't rile me up with your jabs. In all honesty I know you're likely more powerful than I am," he says, "and we're supposed to be allies, I'd prefer not to get into a fight with my allies," Damon faces forward again, away from the group, "My personality is direct, bland, and verbose, I have flaws, I recognize them, I have strengths, I try not to flaunt them, and because of that, I can relate to people and have retained my humanity compared to other half-demons, few people realize that and only see the demon. Very few people like me, and even fewer celestials or demons. I say what i did because that's how it seemed, should i recieve proof otherwise, I will reevaluate what i believe his meaning was." Damon sighs and sits down, leaning against a wall, "I suggest not trying to copy my powers, by the way, they tend to act up for people that aren't experienced in handling them," Damon's breathing slows as he closes his eyes, "please wake me when the evaluation is complete."

Anecronwashere
2012-08-16, 07:55 PM
"Oh look, the Flightless Birds have arrived. Tell me, how many of you can actually fly Fliers?" Del asks, flipping over and smirking.
"Two? If that? Not counting your mascot of course."

A thin disk of glowing light forms beneath their feet, immobile for now "How about we ask another question for your Leadership test. Your whole team are falling to their deaths, how many have an ability to prevent that on-hand and how effective are those measure?"

"I should compliment you however, you have guts. Approaching us takes a lot of it.
Now why dont you go gliding back to your little nest Birdies before I decide a practical demonstration of your answer is necessary."

Malfunctioned
2012-08-16, 07:57 PM
"Really? You're calling out on his attitude? He's part demon, okay? The fact he's even being considered for a superhero team just invalidates your point."

Resonance looks up again.

"If that's what you're gonna go with for your insults, I'd suggest trying harder next time.

Unless you want to settle this some other way?"

He presses a button on the side of his headset, a thick visor sliding down over his eyes.

I'm just gonna try a simple Taunt to get them back off, as self-obsessed as Yaron is, a fight in the middle of the courtyard is not in his best interest.

[roll0] Ah, I missed a +4 for that, so it's a 21.

Julian84
2012-08-16, 08:01 PM
You're not out of it yet.

Vector chuckles to himself. "Allies?"

In a blink of an eye, he's kneeling in front of you. "When were you under the impression we were allies?"

Flipside scratches Vaziduz's ears. "We're not allies, we're competitors. Only one team gets to be the Psi Ascendants, and that's going to be us." He glares at you. "Battlewing favors us because we can do what is necessary. He doesn't just need heroes. He needs the best of the best. You simply don't measure up to the standard.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-16, 08:01 PM
"That's enough, don't start throwing insults back at them, there's no need for it," Damon says, eyes still closed, "it's not worth the effort or repercusions should it escalate. As i said, I'm used to it."

"What it takes?" Damon asks, opening his eyes, "to be able to kill someone for something beyond their control? I've heard the term 'greater good' so many times, from villains, movie or otherwise, it is a surefire way to fall. I said it to Battlewing, I'll say it to you, I'm no executioner."

Damon then closes his eyes again, "I'm not aiming to be an ascendant, you don't have to see me as competition. My aim is to master my powers and be able to help in situations that arise in the future, to make a difference. I consider us allies because of that. If you see me as competition, your team is the only one. I hope you'll see me as an ally once this entire thing is over as well, because I don't care who is chosen, that only means you pass tests based on someone's opinion. An opinion is only that, an opinion. It is not definitive, it does not mean you are right, it means you tell that person what they want to hear, not what they need to hear. I ask that you leave us be, I didn't sleep well last night and need to rest now. Whoever becomes the next team, I wish them the best of luck."

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-16, 08:10 PM
"Hmph."

Lugus Knight steps in between the Flyers and Damon.

"Competitors? Hardly. Competition suggests equality. They shall pick the one best suited to their needs. If they require good hard talent and strong will to succeed and think outside the box . . . well they'll pick who they pick."

He holds out a hand to Flipside.

"If they want angry and self-entitled lay-abouts with more braggadocio than skill, who would attack a man for what he was born as rather than what he can do . . . then I'd congratulate you on your appointment."

Julian84
2012-08-16, 08:14 PM
Vaziduz hisses, Verdant's palm begins to glow, and the Flyers get rather tense.

Vector narrows his eyes. "Take that back, tin man."

Malfunctioned
2012-08-16, 08:24 PM
"Take what back? The fact that you're a bunch of glorified thugs who got where you are by beating up the right people so you'd have an excuse to fight anyone who pushes your buttons?

And you think you can beat us? Pathetic."

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-16, 08:33 PM
Vaziduz hisses, Verdant's palm begins to glow, and the Flyers get rather tense.

Vector narrows his eyes. "Take that back, tin man."

"Heh."

Lugus Knight examines his glasses, pulling them out of his pocket.

"Awr-"

"-ee-"

"-kal-"

"-kuhm."

"Not tin."

He points to his right shin.

"The circle that's there is tin."

He looks back up at them.

"I hope this has been enlightening."

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-16, 08:34 PM
"ENOUGH!"

A demonic voice shouts, echoing throughout the courtyard, Damon's skin darkened and his eyes now with red irises and slit pupils before they fade back to normal, "do not antagonize them any further, there is no need and no reason for it, all it does is make you look like an ass. Don't give them the satisfaction. Now calm down before I bring this to the Ascendants attention!" Damon says with finality, "They targeted me, I'm not riled by it, and neither should you. If you don't like what they say, ignore it or walk away. I won't have you fight for something as idiotic as words that are not even about yourselves," Damon turns to the Flyers, "I would request you leave as well so there is no further dispute. Any farther and we will all regret it." the black, slit pupils still show in his eyes, showing just how pissed he is at the moment, then those fade as well, "If you have a bone to pick, wait until we're out of the academy at least." With that, Damon turns and walks away from both groups.

(Note: this is supposed to occur before Jullian's last post.)

Julian84
2012-08-16, 08:36 PM
Before my post? whatever do you mean? :smallbiggrin:

Vector snarls. "Thats it! I'm gonna-

"ENOUGH."

Harbinger walks up to you, glaring sternly at the Flyers. "Leave. Now."

The Flyers hesitate, looking at each other anxiously.

Harbinger sighs and scratches behind an ear. "Do I have to say it twice? Leave."

The Flyers turn about face and walk briskly away.

Malfunctioned
2012-08-16, 08:42 PM
Yaron puts his hand on Damon's shoulder.

"We're your team, hell we're even your friends. If they pick on one of us, they pick on all of us, and if they try it again I'll blast them through the next wall I see."

Julian84
2012-08-16, 08:47 PM
Harbinger blinks. "An admirable sentiment. You're lucky I came along, they would have started a fight right here... And I'm not entirely sure you would have won. Sure, you may be able to hold your own, but they are killers. It's a very different mindset. It changes how you fight."

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-16, 08:50 PM
Harbinger blinks. "An admirable sentiment. You're lucky I came along, they would have started a fight right here... And I'm not entirely sure you would have won. Sure, you may be able to hold your own, but they are killers. It's a very different mindset. It changes how you fight."

"A wise choice then, Harbinger. I must ask though, isn't it dangerous to keep them in the open. Proper measures should be taken to contain such a threat."

Julian84
2012-08-16, 08:55 PM
"A wise choice then, Harbinger. I must ask though, isn't it dangerous to keep them in the open. Proper measures should be taken to contain such a threat."

"Dangerous? Most certainly. But you misunderstand what Battlewing is looking for in his newest recruits. He doesn't want heroes."

Harbinger massages a tense shoulder. "He wants soldiers."

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-16, 09:00 PM
"They're effective," Damon says, "they're strong, that's why nothing has been done. They're too powerful to let go to waste," Damon narrows his eyes, "I doubt they'd be able to connect to the people, it's going to be their downfall in the future, that and their blatant overconfindence, but, I do not doubt their prowess. But, as Harbringer said, they're soldiers, not heroes. The world has enough soldiers, it needs heroes, heroes that can connect with the people, that can make them have hope. They can't do that..."

Malfunctioned
2012-08-16, 09:05 PM
"I can understand wanting people who will make the calls but they're the kind of people that'd burn down a building to get the guy running through it."

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-16, 09:08 PM
"Dangerous? Most certainly. But you misunderstand what Battlewing is looking for in his newest recruits. He doesn't want heroes."

Harbinger massages a tense shoulder. "He wants soldiers."

"Forgive my free speak, but I've seen quite enough of soldiers and the men who command them. If Battlewing fancies himself Field Marshal Haig then I'd assume we stand about as much chance as his men did."

Baldur is quite concerned at this news.

Julian84
2012-08-16, 09:09 PM
Harbinger sighs. "You don't understand. Not yet." He walks off. "Anyhow, I'm only out here because the Captain here" He gestures to Del. "Spoke out of turn and led to my dismissal from the evaluation board. There aren't exactly too many helpful telepaths on the Delta Ascendants. Speaking of which, Capt. Karaxi, if you could drop by my office later, we need to discuss your latest indiscretion and what your next move will be. Like it or not, you need a plan for when Battlewing comes after you."

He waves to you blithely before rounding a corner. "If you need me to scare off more pesky birds, you know where my office is at."

Anecronwashere
2012-08-16, 09:54 PM
"yessir. Though if you would like to remind Sir Battlewing Leader of the Ascendants that I am a trained soldier and as such exactly what he is after. I have killed and will again but only for an actual Crime, not having no control over your powers.
I do apologize for getting you into trouble however, I had not realized the consequences of my speech and the revelation about a Telepath contacting me."

Fortuna
2012-08-17, 02:23 AM
(...wait, you guys just started and concluded a showdown with our rivals while I was at school? :smallfrown:)

Julian, uncharacteristically silent throughout the confrontation, allows himself a grim smile as Harbinger departs.

"Soldiers, not heroes? That's a creed I don't think he'll get much mileage from. Those featherbrains won't last half a day in the public's view. There's a reason we have a police force and an army separate, and we're no different to regular folk in that respect. There's no reason to groom a squad of soldiers."

A sudden thoughtful expression crosses his face.

"Unless he knows where to find some acceptable targets. That's a worrying thought..."

Julian84
2012-08-17, 08:11 AM
Apologies to everyone who missed the dramatic showdown. Even if that wasn't quite the dramatic showdown :smalltongue:

Rook.Gamer
2012-08-17, 10:25 AM
Alex remained quiet during the exchange not sure how he would've reacted had it come to a full on slugfest. Thankful to Harbinger, Alex shakes off the encounter and decides to go down to the gym and work off some of his excess nervous energies far too aware of the implications of all he has recently learned.

Julian84
2012-08-17, 10:14 PM
Unless somebody has something to add, we're going to continue. The deadline is 9:00 AM EST.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-17, 10:16 PM
Unless somebody has something to add, we're going to continue. The deadline is 9:00 AM EST.

Nope, nothing to add

Malfunctioned
2012-08-17, 11:02 PM
Yaron pauses for a moment, taking in what Harbinger said.

He then turns to the retreating figures of Flyer team and raises a singular finger in a meaningful gesture.

I'm good now.

Julian84
2012-08-18, 10:17 AM
Time's up!

The afternoon passes, and dinner is called.

As you file into the dining hall, you see a large bulletin board announcing the new leadership.

{table=head]Team|Leader|Second in Command
Rider|Maelstrom|Lugus Knight
Walker|The Golden Rocket|Coronet
Flyer|Vector|Flipside
Runner|Captain Delaware|Aardvark Man
Crawler|Comet|Quantum Cavalier
[/table]

Battlewing gazes sternly across the crowd. "Be seated."

You all hustle to your assigned tables. As you pass Flyer, they glare at you balefully.

"Let us congratulate the new team leadership! May they prove to be exemplary in their service. Tomorrow, you will all be put to the final exam. You will be taken to our secure training center in upstate New York, where you will compete for the title of Psi Ascendant. Only one team can win. All others will leave this school... or find alternative employment in our ranks."

Battlewing sits, not eating. Harbinger is there, idly reading a book and humming to himself.

The_Admiral
2012-08-18, 11:29 AM
Overwatch pops in from it's seat to behind Maelstrom saying cheerily "So you're my new boss eh? Happy to work with you." and reaches out it's arm in greeting.

Overwatch continues, "Sorry bout not being able to shake your hand, but still, hello."

Malfunctioned
2012-08-18, 11:39 AM
Yaron pulls of a couple of mock salutes to his new leaders.

"Nice one guys, you deserve it."

He peers at the list for a second longer.

"Well looks like Team Psycho is gonna be a battle of the Egos at least."

Rook.Gamer
2012-08-19, 09:04 AM
Alex looks somewhat uncomfortable at the added attention.

This isn't what I expected, it's more than a little surprising.

Thank you Overwatch, Yaron. I hope you guys will be willing to focus on doing our best at the final examine and ignoring the Flyers regardless of what stunts they might pull.

Alex sits back down and tries to eat but spends most of his time absent-mindedly pushing around his food and thinking.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-20, 05:19 PM
Baldur is relieved that he wasn't chosen as leader. He congratulates Maelstrom

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-20, 05:25 PM
"Like I said before, that's only who they believe is able to be the leader," Damon says, then grins and pats Maelstrom on the back, "well, I can't say I'm disappointed in the choice though. Let's see how well you do."

Julian84
2012-08-20, 05:57 PM
Magma Fist and Harbinger approach your table, the former grinning, the latter still reading his book.

"Good luck you two. I'm sure you'll win the title." Magma Fist says, slapping you two on the back. He turns hesitantly to Grimm and Del. "Sorry about what happened in there. There's... not much we can do about it, but I just want you two to know that I don't endorse that behavior or attitude."

Harbinger carefully inserts a bookmark and closes his reading material. "You had best be on your guard. The final exam will not be easily won."

Rook.gamer: Protect your team. I sense ill intent, brewing like a storm. Something is coming, so be prepared. Harbinger says in your mind.

Anecronwashere
2012-08-20, 06:40 PM
"I apologize for any detriments my reaction to Battlewing created. I simply believed his comments about my out-dated sense of right and wrong to be a slur on my people, and thus myself.
Still, it was... Interesting to observe the...fallout of this, I do not doubt we should be at our best from now on to earn our place as the Psi Ascendants.

Why in Ellegelusin-nidulesadueg'Ha is your language so stilted? You have One word for everything, regardless of context! My language has 3 at minimum depending on the previous and next words."
Del complains, slipping into his natural songlike tongue for just a moment, the lines between one word and another blurring.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-20, 07:09 PM
"You should hear demonic, our language sounds poetic compared to it," Damon says, grinning, "I can't speak it, personally, but my grandmother understands it. You'll get used to it eventually. It could always be worse, it's a common saying among humans."

Anecronwashere
2012-08-20, 07:38 PM
"Yes, and I am getting better but these Earthlings seem to enjoy using Body Language as a means of creating context, something that is completely foreign to my people. There can mean many things depending on Body Context, whereas in my language there are 7 words for it, Galad/Geelas/Jalus for the last place spoken, Nenoc/Menos/Nenos/Menoc for the area around the last object, Avant/Event/Evant/Istro for whre I am pointing and more."

Julian84
2012-08-21, 10:26 PM
Magma Fist stares blankly. "I... what?"

Harbinger pats him on the back. "Don't worry about it."

He turns back to you all. "I have faith that you will succeed. And if you don't, you can always go intern with the Fabled Five."

Rook.Gamer
2012-08-22, 11:50 PM
Alex nods to Harbinger with a meaningful look of understanding to his eye. He turns his focus back to his plate when his food is getting cold, but doesn't take a bite.

Julian84
2012-08-25, 09:22 AM
When dinner is finished, Battlewing stands up again.

"Tomorrow, you will be given your final examination. All of your training, instincts, powers, and skills will come together for this moment, and you must use them to their fullest extent."

He suddenly radiates reddish energy and his wings extend from his arms.

"There will only be one team of Psi Ascendants. Go home, get some sleep, and return here at 8 o'clock for transportation. Tardiness will not be tolerated."

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-25, 01:27 PM
"Soldiers indeed," Damon mutters, he stands and heads back to his apartment and readies himself for the next day.

Rook.Gamer
2012-08-25, 07:31 PM
Alex wait to see his team head home for the night before packing up and heading out himself. On his way past any remaining team members he wishs them all the best of luck in the examination tomorrow.

Then he heads home to study up on his team and competitors as best he can.

Anecronwashere
2012-08-25, 08:48 PM
Del hurries back to his well-lit room, trying to ignore the Darkness that is an Earth Night.
Due to time insynchronization (being used to 30 hour 'days') he leaves his room at dawn, right as the Darkness is retreating.
He spends the remaining hours doing training exercises, mainly accuracy training for his LightBolts or speed training, flying around at 250mph.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-25, 10:31 PM
Baldur heads back to his apartment to check if he's received any messages from Kerri, his contact.

Barring that, he heads to sleep.

Julian84
2012-08-25, 11:05 PM
Random_Person has left the game. As a result, Kaneis is going under my control.

Necron: As you practice, Harbinger speaks in your head. Word to the wise, Captain, Battlewing might be planning for you not to make it to the exam. Be careful.

Sir_Chivalry: A single note has been left on your bed. There's more to the one called Harbinger than meets the eye. -K

Edro: As you enter your apartment, a tall cloaked figure stands before you. "Grimm, I presume?" His voice is a low growl, like stone being scraped against stone.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-25, 11:19 PM
Damon stiffens, "Damon, actually, Grimm is only an alias for my more demonic form, one that is not public knowledge," more so than my other two aliases, but still not known, "and you are?" Damon puts his hands behind his back and places his hands into a seal that was half of the required spell to release the initial restraints on his power, the other, an incantation in demonic, being at the tip of his tongue if it was needed.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-25, 11:22 PM
Sir_Chivalry: A single note has been left on your bed. There's more to the one called Harbinger than meets the eye. -K

Baldur makes a note to get another gift card for the Magic Bean coffee shop for Kerri. Her insistance on only going there, due to them serving chocolate-syrup robusta coffee, did worry him, but then again the caffeine and sugar hadn't made her too unruly yet.

Anecronwashere
2012-08-25, 11:32 PM
Del simply nods mid barrage, not making any other sign he heard the telepath.

Julian84
2012-08-25, 11:35 PM
Edro: The figure shrugs and lowers his hood. He is covered in bronze scales with dull blueish green eyes. Four small horns tip his brow, and a small fang pokes out from his upper lip.

"Whatever. And good prep on the spell 'n stuff, but I could literally kill you with one punch. So... Calm down, 'kay?" He looks around, and tries to comfortably seat his oversized frame on a chair. "Not really suitable for demons, don't you think?"

His eyes widen suddenly. "Oh right. Name. I'm Magnatheros."

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-25, 11:54 PM
Baldur tries Kerri's cell, to see if she's answering this week.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-26, 12:17 AM
Damon takes a seat, "I have met a great many demons," Damon says, "and you are not like any of the ones I have met before, and definitely more cordial. I'd prefer you call me Damon rather than Grimm. I would like to know your reason for being here, most demons that look for me are either summoned by my family or are trying to kill me."

Julian84
2012-08-26, 08:57 AM
Sir_Chivalry: You get her voice mail, which is accompanied by the sounds of what seems like a wild party: "This is Kerri, I'm not at the phone right now, but if you leave a message I mayyyy be able to get back to you, ok?" Beeep

Edro: Magnatheros shifts, trying to get more comfortable. "Well, this is the form of one of the Dark Lords when he was younger. I, however, am only borrowing it. I'm a human mage, trained by the greatest magicians of this age. This is just a useful spell that my mentor discovered many decades ago, and he wasn't the first to find it either."

He leans forward. "That same mentor is the one who sent me here tonight at the behest of powers even greater than he. They wanted me to give you a message."

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-26, 10:24 AM
"Interesting, my family would likely pay an arm and a leg to learn something of that caliber, most can barely fight without their familiars and summons, so that kind of spell would be useful," Damon says.

"You have my interest, I am curious as to why a mage would contact me and why the messenger would come in the form of one of the Daemon Princes," he looks at Magnatheros, waiting for the message he wishes to deliver.

Sense Motive to detect any deceptions
[roll0]

Julian84
2012-08-26, 06:37 PM
Edro: Magnatheros cracks his knuckles and grins. "The spell is a well-kept secret now. Hidden in plain sight, as it were." He stretches leisurely. "I'm in this form because this is enemy turf. If Battlewing knew I was here, he might go dark just to see me die. Also, it's pretty cool. I mean, I can generate a blast of hellfire so powerful I could knock down a skyscraper."

To demonstrate, he conjures a small fireball in his palm and quickly extinguishes it. "Anyhow, the message is pretty simple: 'Don't die'."

He doesn't seem to be lying to you.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-26, 06:48 PM
Baldur hangs up without leaving a message. She wouldn't answer it anyways. He dresses for bed and goes to sleep.

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-26, 07:10 PM
Damon grins, "I intended not to," he says, "I am interested as to why someone that powerful would send a message like that, but I figure the reasons behind it are not really necessary to know. I will try my best to stay alive, but I'll need to rest," with that, Damon stands and offers a hand.

Julian84
2012-08-26, 07:34 PM
Edro: Magnatheros shrugs and envelopes your hand in his own. "I'm not totally sure of the details myself." He scratches his chin with his free hand, gazing upwards. "I guess it's because if something happens they won't be able to intervene themselves, which for them makes zero sense, since he'll be right there..." He glances down at you. "Er. You didn't hear that from me."

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-26, 07:40 PM
"If Battlewing doesn't like you I'm not likely going to mention this encounter," Damon says, "from this point on, you were never here," he continues, "perhaps we'll meet again in the future."

Julian84
2012-08-26, 07:51 PM
Edros: He releases your hand and lowers his hood. "Yeah, me and ol' Battlewing go way back, he and my mentor even further. And I appreciate that. His time is coming, but for now... we keep quiet." He walks over and opens the door, bending down to fit through. Before closing it behind him he murmurs, "Good luck."

He closes the door.

Malfunctioned
2012-08-28, 04:58 PM
Yaron retires to his room, he glances at his bed for a moment before deciding to spend a few hours tweaking his flightsuit.

Julian84
2012-08-31, 05:02 PM
Night passes. You all rise early and gather at the school, where busses wait to ferry you north. All of the Alpha and Delta Ascendants are there, standing in formation with Battlewing in the front.

He clears his throat. "Each team has it's own vehicle for transportation. Embark and we shall leave presently."

Each team loads up, and you begin the journey north. Hours pass by until you reach an odd dome-like building in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by woods.

Rook.Gamer: We're near Syracuse, just to let you know Harbinger whispers in your mind.

As you disembark from your vehicles, a different Delta leads each team in different directions around the dome, stopping at these odd little shacks. Harbinger leads you to yours, and as you step inside you notice you're standing on an odd metal plate.

"Alright, this is your last chance to back out or ask questions. After this, you're on your own."

EdroGrimshell
2012-08-31, 05:31 PM
"...this is remeniscent of the Hunger Games," Damon says, "any advice you think would be useful besides 'don't die'?" there's no sarcasm in his voice at all.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-08-31, 07:54 PM
Baldur checks the harness on his armour and pulls his gauntlets into place one final time. He ties the eyepatch and places the helm of the armour over his head. A pair of luminescent wings materialize on his back.

He is ready.

Malfunctioned
2012-08-31, 08:55 PM
A gentle hum arises from Resonance's gauntlets and the air in front of him shimmers slightly, the tell-tale sign of a force field. With an almost indiscernible movement of his forehead, the visor flicks down over his face.

"Ready."

Anecronwashere
2012-08-31, 10:02 PM
Del simply stands there, the ambient light fluctuating mildly, barely noticeable on a Macroscale.

"Why would someone come all this way, go through the entire schoolwork course and prepare for the final test. And then back out because of a Teleport? Though I would like a double-check on it to make sure it is properly aligned to the correct target."

The_Admiral
2012-09-01, 01:01 PM
Nope, nothing unless you would like me to mention the absolute clicheness of this entire thing. Carry on. Overwatch replies cheerily, hovering around.

Rook.Gamer
2012-09-01, 02:11 PM
Alex looks at Harbinger as he asks his final question and then listens to each of his companions in turn before locking eyes with Harbinger, "Unless you want to take time out now to fully explain what is going on "behind the scenes" I think we'll see this thing through," he says in a deadpan way. He adjusts his glove and waits not expecting Harbinger to say anthying else just yet.

Julian84
2012-09-02, 09:26 AM
Harbinger stares at you seriously.

"To tell you the truth..."

He grins. "That's not a teleporter pad. It is an elevator."

The elevator suddenly lurches into action, descending down the shaft. Battlewing's voice comes in over a speaker, while at the same time Harbinger speaks to you all telepathically.

"Welcome to the Testing Grounds."

The truth?

"At the center of the grounds is the prize. Every conscious member of your team must touch the prize at the same time to win."

You really want the truth?

"The prize, however, is separated from you by a labyrinth of traps and puzzles."

Fine. I'll tell you the truth.

"It is up to your skill and ingenuity to reach it before another team. And if you encounter another team, you are free to use force to remove them from your path."

I am not here for you.

"So, good luck, play well, and return to us as the Psi Ascendants!"

I am here to find a God.

The elevator slowly settles to a halt, the door opening, revealing a bleak gray hallway, badly lit by the fluorescent lights in the elevator.

Let the games begin.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-02, 12:31 PM
Damon facepalms, "This is almost exactly like the Hunger Games, only it's not the last man standing," he says, then puts his hands into a seal and says something clearly inhuman before his skin turns dark red, horn-like protrusions sprout from his right arm, and dark red flames condense into a gun, "we should get moving," he says, voice darker and raspier than before. He keeps his eyes open the entire time.

Take 10 on Notice every few minutes, effectively a 20.

Also, initial Notice Roll if needed: [roll0]

Damon's speech will change when in his various forms, as shown below.
Human - Normal
Charged - Bolded
Hanyou - Bolded Italic
Full Demon - Underlined Bolded Italic

Anecronwashere
2012-09-02, 05:42 PM
As the Elevator descends suddenly Del blinks and drops like a stone, deactivating his flight to follow his descending team-members.

"This sounds almost too easy. A labyrinth and a free-for-all. Everyone be on your guard for tricks" Del says, hovering a whole foot above the ground as he spins slowly on the spot, searching

Sir_Chivalry
2012-09-02, 06:49 PM
"My word, someone has been reading too much Goblet of Fire."

Lugus Knight speaks the incantation of summoning (a technicality, it works mentally) and the holyfire begins to roil across his armour, the armour shining for a moment.

"That's the one, right? Little boy discovers girls, runs through maze? Either way, let's begin with some intelligence."

Lugus Knight scans for magic and invisible things. After that, he'll see if his team wants him to peer into the past or future.

Julian84
2012-09-02, 09:35 PM
Kaneis nods. "I think that was it."

You see a long bleak hallway stretch out before you, eventually ending in shadows. You sense magic, but it's far away and vaguely moving. It's probably the other teams.

Anecronwashere
2012-09-02, 10:31 PM
Del shivers as he sees the shadows up ahead
"Why do your people have such an obsession with the Darkness. jehasbedil thing will get you killed."
The levels of light jump significantly around the group.

Rook.Gamer
2012-09-03, 01:43 PM
Damon take the lead, Lugus guard the rear and keep scanning. Del keep our way lit, I'll let you know when we'll go dark. Eyes open, everyone on their toes - our goal is to get to the center as a unit and if we can do it first all the better, but I promise you at least one of the other teams is probably going to be looking to take out the competition first then go for the prize so assume we're being watched and we're at the disadvantage, we need as much information on the others as possible. Oh and don't assume anyone or anything we meet in here isn't against us - I wouldn't put it past the Alphas or Deltas to come in for a bit of sport. Alex begins seraching mentally for the other team members.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-03, 01:49 PM
Damon looks at the walls, "they didn't say anything about breaking through the walls did they? Might make it easier for us to get through if they're breakable. What do you think? Try it or no?"

Anecronwashere
2012-09-03, 01:57 PM
"You do know I only amplify existing light right. Any actual blinding darkness is low enough to short out my Light-Manipulation powers. I'm just glad the light is enough around here. stupid dark-philiac dusk-dwellers"
Del stays in the center, his actual position not really mattering as he illuminates the whole area at Range and considering his main attacks are again Ranged (discounting his massive strength) being equidistant from all points make sense.

Rook.Gamer
2012-09-03, 02:08 PM
Alex considers the idea for a moment. I'd rather avoid drawing too much attnetion to our location but we'll go through walls as needed if that becomes less of an issue. Del, I did know that, but don't assume I do and keep me up to date on everything.

Alex focusing on surrounding himself with a shell of telekinetic force. Then he projects a dome over the group that he moves in time to keep everyone shielded from surprise attacks, though keeping it selectively modulated to allow his companion's attacks through. He continues using his telelocation powers to extremely quickly identify the locations of all of the other team members around the maze.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-09-03, 10:13 PM
Lugus keeps up with the invisibility sweeps and magic detection, but also throws in some aura reading, to see if anyone is feeling anything out there (and maybe get a read on his allies, just so he can pick them out later)

Malfunctioned
2012-09-07, 08:50 AM
"Hold up guys, lemme give something a go."

A couple more small movements of his eyebrows and twitches of his eyes activates two more functions of Resonance's headset. A small sheen of green cascades over the visor and a small floating compass appears in the HUD.

Activated X-Ray Vision and Direction Sense.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-09-07, 03:31 PM
"Hold up guys, lemme give something a go."

A couple more small movements of his eyebrows and twitches of his eyes activates two more functions of Resonance's headset. A small sheen of green cascades over the visor and a small floating compass appears in the HUD.

Activated X-Ray Vision and Direction Sense.

"You'll have to let me look at that contraption some time. It looks like it has some serious capabilities."

Malfunctioned
2012-09-07, 05:55 PM
"Geomagnetic GPS, High density X-Ray projection, night vision, built-in quantum chronometer, AR mapping and an auditory combat alert system."

He taps the side softly.

"And as light as a feather. I'll tell you what, if we make it out of this in one piece, you can go over it as much as you want."

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-07, 06:00 PM
"See anything?" Grimm asks, switching from his gun to his sword shield combo.

Julian84
2012-09-07, 06:20 PM
Malfunctioned: Direction sense tells you the tunnel goes south. X-ray says the walls are made of a very dense alloy you can't completely see through. There is only rock and dirt on either side of you.

All magical and telepathic sweeps are being inhibited.

This wasn't exactly obvious, but have you guys been walking? :smallbiggrin:

Malfunctioned
2012-09-07, 06:23 PM
"Okay, we're heading south. I'd wager that the target is dead south as well. However the walls seem to be too dense for my X-Rays. I think they carved this system out of the earth, then placed the walls in, so there's no point in destroying the walls. Let's just go ahead."

I'm not sure about the others, but I'm walking from now on.

Julian84
2012-09-07, 06:26 PM
My bad guys, I didn't realize you were walking.

Ok, x-ray shows that there might be a tunnel to your left. Kind of moot when you come to a corner, revealing the tunnel doubles back and heads back north.

Annnndd You come to a doorway, dense enough x-ray doesn't penetrate.There's no magic sources emanating from the other side.

Anecronwashere
2012-09-10, 08:33 PM
(Bump)

"Right everyone, Position Alpha, I'm up front to open the door, Melee behind me, then Ranged behind them, Melee remember to stay as low as you can to give the Ranged a clear shot, I don't want Any stuff-ups."
Del moves forward and tries the door, if it is locked he will tear it from it's hinges (30 Strength)

Julian84
2012-09-11, 03:03 PM
As you move towards the door, it suddenly opens.

In the next room, you see a narrow bridge stretching out over a pool of greenish liquid, which is being piped in from above in two huge streams. On the bridge, there are six robots armed with various implements of destruction. Roll initiative!

Malfunctioned
2012-09-11, 03:31 PM
[roll0]

blah blah fill up space

Anecronwashere
2012-09-11, 04:24 PM
[roll0]

"Everyone, go for a knockdown. I want this finished fast so we can move on, remember any extra seconds we spend here could mean finishing second or worse. Make those robots hit the slime, either it's acid that will dissolve them or they will simply be stuck inside and not pose a threat anymore."

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 05:12 PM
Grimm charges forward and slams his blade into one of the droids, igniting it if it hits.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Ignites on a successful hit.

Julian84
2012-09-11, 05:23 PM
To any late comers, the plug has been pulled on this campaign. Thanks for playing!