PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the pathfinder SRD website?

Togath
2012-08-07, 09:41 PM
Something i've been wondering about, and have finally decided to ask, what hapened to the pathfidner srd website?, The recent updates/news thingy no longer is there, and some of the links between pages have become buggy?, Anyone know what caused the changes?, Did the link I used to get there become buggy and send be to a flase mirror site?, Or did the actual site get buggy?

Maquise
2012-08-07, 09:43 PM
I'm not having any difficulties, as far as links are concerned.

Togath
2012-08-07, 09:51 PM
May have just been on my end then, It was mainly getting buggy while I was looking throguh the list of feats, and the stats for non-core races(also, does the paizo pf srd have the same thigns as the normal one?, I had bene pondering trying that one if i ran itno to many bugs on the non paizo one)

The Redwolf
2012-08-07, 09:58 PM
I use d20pfsrd.com and it works great for me, is that the one you've been using?

Togath
2012-08-07, 10:15 PM
The same, though it appears the bug with the links is gone now, though I do find it odd that they got rid of the anouncments page.

jreyst
2012-08-08, 10:25 AM
We occasionally move things around and over the last few days there has been a lot of updates which may have caused some temporary weird issues. The news boxes on the main page have been temporarily removed just to test out promoting some 3rd Party Products (and some other stuff.) The news pages themselves still exist and you can see the Bestiary news page at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/monster-news (and you can even subscribe to the RSS feed for that page.) The other news page hasn't been updated since like April so it's probably not worth looking at right now. Once we have time to actually update it instead of actually posting new content to the site we'll probably re-add them to the main page.

Oh and, if you have issues please report them to us. You can always send an email to "[email protected]" and it will go to the entire team.

--John (the main d20pfsrd.com guy)

The Redwolf
2012-08-08, 10:32 AM
We occasionally move things around and over the last few days there has been a lot of updates which may have caused some temporary weird issues. The news boxes on the main page have been temporarily removed just to test out promoting some 3rd Party Products (and some other stuff.) The news pages themselves still exist and you can see the Bestiary news page at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/monster-news (and you can even subscribe to the RSS feed for that page.) The other news page hasn't been updated since like April so it's probably not worth looking at right now. Once we have time to actually update it instead of actually posting new content to the site we'll probably re-add them to the main page.

Oh and, if you have issues please report them to us. You can always send an email to "[email protected]" and it will go to the entire team.

Not only was that awesome, but probably the best response you could have ever gotten. I'm not sure why, but this is hilarious to me, but it's awesome.

ThiagoMartell
2012-08-08, 10:56 AM

Congratulations on an excellent website. The ease of use with d20pfsrd was the main driving force behing my group converting to Pathfinder.
Keep up the excellent work.

jreyst
2012-08-08, 10:59 AM
Thanks guys :)

If you want to show MORE support for us AND Paizo AND the 3rd Party Publishers who create such cool content for your games, be sure to click on the links to their products on the site and once in a while buy something :)

Psyren
2012-08-08, 11:00 AM
Chiming in to also congratulate the d20PFSRD guys on the excellent work. The Paizo PRD is nice, but organizing info by book instead of by topic makes it very hard to use. And the FAQ/clarifications you guys link to are great as well. Keep it up!

The Redwolf
2012-08-08, 11:41 AM
Chiming in to also congratulate the d20PFSRD guys on the excellent work. The Paizo PRD is nice, but organizing info by book instead of by topic makes it very hard to use. And the FAQ/clarifications you guys link to are great as well. Keep it up!

I have to echo this, I don't like the Paizo one at all but I keep yours bookmarked.

Andvare
2012-08-08, 12:22 PM
While we might have stolen this thread, and morphed it into "congratulate PF SRD", you do deserve it.

Not only are you guys thorough and fast, you also link to uncertain rules and statements, use erratas and generally keep up with what seems to be day-to-day developments.
You keep 3rd party stuff flagged, which is something "certain" D&D wikis have some problem doing.
And you hotlink practically everything, so it is easy to navigate.

Great job.

jreyst
2012-08-08, 01:22 PM
Thanks again guys. I have to admit that I thought we had a serious shot at winning a Gold ENnie this year since we were nominated and won Silver last two years in a row. This year our traffic is double last year and 3x the year before. We weren't even freaking nominated. I got kinda bitter about that one :(

Psyren
2012-08-08, 01:24 PM
Maybe everyone thought someone else would do it.

(What's an "Ennie?" >.>)

ThiagoMartell
2012-08-08, 01:30 PM
What's an "Ennie?" >.>
The Oscar of RPGs

jreyst
2012-08-08, 01:42 PM
The ENnies are an annual awards ceremony where awards are given out in many different categories, like "Best New Game," "Best Art," "Best Website" etc. d20pfsrd.com was nominated and won Silver (2nd place) in the Best Website category (up against Obsidian Portal as the largest competitor, traffic-wise) the last two years in a row.

The way the ENnies works is the product creator, such as the publisher of a book, or the owner of a website, submits their product (or website) to the ENnies judges for review. The judges then winnow down all of the submissions into what they feel are the best of the best. So then, after the judges narrow down each category to the top 5 (or so, some categories have many more, some less) then they open it up to FANS to vote.

So... it was never in the fans hands this year. You guys didn't get a chance to vote on us. The judges felt we weren't up to the same level as the ones they settled on.

Those are:
- D&D Insider
- Obsidian Portal
- Pathfinder Wiki
- See Page XX – The Pelgrane Press Webzine
- RPG Geek

So they nominated Obsidian Portal AGAIN.

D&D Insider I guess I can accept.

While I love Pathfinder Wiki, and think it certainly deserves an ENnie, they've never won even a silver before, and have far, far, far less traffic than d20pfsrd, and for that matter, is probably, overall, less useful to less people than d20pfsrd.com is. Just guessing of course. It's certainly an awesome resource to those who play in the Golarion campaign setting but, that's got to be a subset of the overall number of players of Pathfinder as a whole.

Sorry but wtf is "See Page XX – The Pelgrane Press Webzine" ? How many of you have heard of it or consider it a "BEST WEBSITE" contender? My ignorance may be showing through on that one.

RPG Geek was nominated previously in the same years as we were but didn't win then. My guess is it won't win again this year. No offense to them but in this phase of the program all that matters is traffic. Obsidian Portal and D&D Insider have many, many magnitudes more traffic than anyone else on this list.

So this year, my bet is Obsidian Portal gets Gold AGAIN, D&D Insider gets Silver, Pathfinder Wiki gets Honorable Mention, and we get Jack lol

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled praising of d20pfsrd.com :)