PDA

View Full Version : Ways to Improve flight speed

BIGMamaSloth
2012-08-08, 12:11 AM
I'm playing an Air mephling and the 10 foot fly speed makes me... sad. Is there any feat/Item/other that improves flight speed in the manor that "improved flying" and the "pectoral of flight" improve flight categories?

Golden Ladybug
2012-08-08, 02:52 AM
The Planar Handbook has the feat Air Heritage, which increases your fly speed by up to 30ft (no more than your base speed, however), along with some other minor benefits.

The +1 Mighty Cleaving Shortspear, Rapid Wrath, from Ghostwalk, doubles your speed(s) while you possess it. Its an absolute steal at 11,702gp

The Quick Trait has the option of applying to other speeds than your Land Speed, if you don't have one. Perhaps ask your DM if you'd allow it to apply to your Fly speed rather than your Landspeed right off the bat? Although, unless I'm mistaken, Mephlings only have 30ft move, so applying it (or Fast Movement) to your landspeed will give you that extra 10ft from Air Heritage, so eh.

kitcik
2012-08-08, 11:11 AM
A level of monk.

The Dash feat (really).

If psionic, the Speed of Thought feat.

AWiz_Abroad
2012-08-08, 11:36 AM
Improved Speed from Draconomicon= +20 fly speed. . . if you could shenanigan yourself into a draconic Air Mephling.

But that's probably dumb.

I'd suggest bribing the DM and asking him whether the spawn of an air elemental would REALLY be unable to increase speed of flight.

Serafina
2012-08-08, 11:39 AM
Look for Fly-speeds that are based off your land-speed. Any increase to the latter will then also increase the former, and there are plenty of ways to increase ones land-speed.