PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Name My Game

celtois
2012-08-08, 01:42 AM
So I'm in the process of writing my game system (I'm getting close to the half way point). My system is a quasi free-form d6 system written to accommodate alternate-history/low-magic fantasy style games. The system revolves heavily around the development of characters, and advancement within the game world. It's a leveless system, all advancement is either character learning new tricks. (Similar to 4e powers, aside from having specific requirements for their use). Or receiving titles which represent the skills they have acquired.

The system is gritty. People go down fast when they get hit, and the design requires flawed characters. (You have to take a drawback at first level, additionally all character's have both a virtue and a vice.) It also requires a degree of player skill, as all actions are declared at once, and thus characters can end up swinging at mid air if their foe moved on.

Anyway, now that you have a basic idea of the game system. I'm interested in input on what the name should be.

My working title is: Silver Mark RPG, however I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I'm also toying with just calling it Tales or some other similar word. Such as Legends, or Stories.

Final note, the game is a project that I'm making for myself, and don't really intend to sell. Or possibly even finish, if I've written enough details for me and my players. So I'm not too concerned about overlapping names with other games, but I would prefer if it didn't share the name with another pnp RPG.
Also. If you are interested, let me know, if I do ever get it into a state where all the rules are on paper, I'll send it to you.

Anyways, names. Suggestions?

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-08-08, 07:10 AM
So I'm in the process of writing my game system (I'm getting close to the half way point). My system is a quasi free-form d6 system written to accommodate alternate-history/low-magic fantasy style games. The system revolves heavily around the development of characters, and advancement within the game world. It's a leveless system, all advancement is either character learning new tricks. (Similar to 4e powers, aside from having specific requirements for their use). Or receiving titles which represent the skills they have acquired.

The system is gritty. People go down fast when they get hit, and the design requires flawed characters. (You have to take a drawback at first level, additionally all character's have both a virtue and a vice.) It also requires a degree of player skill, as all actions are declared at once, and thus characters can end up swinging at mid air if their foe moved on.

Anyway, now that you have a basic idea of the game system. I'm interested in input on what the name should be.

My working title is: Silver Mark RPG, however I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I'm also toying with just calling it Tales or some other similar word. Such as Legends, or Stories.

Final note, the game is a project that I'm making for myself, and don't really intend to sell. Or possibly even finish, if I've written enough details for me and my players. So I'm not too concerned about overlapping names with other games, but I would prefer if it didn't share the name with another pnp RPG.
Also. If you are interested, let me know, if I do ever get it into a state where all the rules are on paper, I'll send it to you.

Anyways, names. Suggestions?

Mark of Ages?

Amechra
2012-08-08, 09:45 AM
What is the significance of Silver in your working title? Do you just like the color?

celtois
2012-08-08, 11:08 AM
I like the colour. A silver mark, is also the unit of currency for the game.
But other than that there isn't really any significance.

Baron Corm
2012-08-08, 01:08 PM
Realtime Roleplay
Freeform Grit
Virtue and Vice

That's all I got based on the information given :smallbiggrin: