PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Shaper optimization

keen320
2012-08-08, 01:07 PM
Some point during the next semester, I'm going to be doing a high level campaign for the first time, level 17. I've been planning to play a Shaper for some time, because I came up with a cool backstory for him. I was wondering if I could have some help optimizing him? He can have access to just about any feats, powers, and skills on any given day due to Psychic Reformation.

System is pathfinder. Limit on magic/psionic items is 300,000 gp, but he can make the psionic items himself, due to the aforementioned psychic reformation.

We're going to have a fairly broken monk on the team (warforged with some enchanted item that makes his unarmed strikes count as a much larger size category), so pure damage is probably pretty covered.

Psyren
2012-08-08, 01:15 PM
The Pathfinder Psion is close enough that most of the same advice would apply (minus the PrC advice.) Take a look at the Psion Handbook (by Saeomon) in my sig, paying special attention to the Astral Construct section.

One nice change is that Bend Reality is a much better investment for you now.

Khosan
2012-08-08, 01:27 PM
One nice change is that Bend Reality is a much better investment for you now.

And Shapers get an extra menu option for their Astral Constructs. As far as I'm aware, it stacks with Boost Construct too.

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-08, 01:36 PM
Since we've already covered the poison basis, let me recommend being a god. The energy wall power, and astral construct to some extent allow you to shape the battlefield to your liking.
Here's the updated psionic handbook, since BG is going to be taken down one of these days. Linky (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=5343.0)
Also note that psionic minor creation will let you make a ton of usefull things for setting up encounters. From a flaming sphere to a wall of darkwood, you can use it to make a future battlefield more to your liking. Remember that you get UMD as a class skill, so pump that high and use wands to expand your "spell" list. It's also trivial to use powerstones from another dicsipline at higher levels, so that's a handy option.
It's generally worthwhile to stay in a class to 20 in Pathfinder, and most psionic PrCs kinda blow, so I'd recommend against having levels of anything but psion.
Since you'll be starting at 17, definitely pick up Genesis, make a plane, and reform it out.