PDA

View Full Version : Apotheosis: The Twisted Lands (IC)

Shazek
2012-08-08, 08:52 PM
""It Is Done"

The air shatters, and blackness overtakes you. Never before have you experienced this... nothingness. There is no sensation, and even thought seems muted. You feel yourself fading away into the black, but some tiny portion of you seems to hold on to existence, to cling to life. You have no idea how long you spend in the black - you cannot move, and Time has no meaning here. Then, suddenly, you feel a pull on the essence of your being. That which you had nearly lost to this weary void, all that you are, rushes back into you, along with something more. A power flows into your soul, and you realize that the black is fading into gray. There is a blinding flash of light, and suddenly, you find yourself lying on a floor made of some strange metal, which shines with unearthly hues. Looking around, you see several others in the same situation as you. Around you are walls made of the same strange metal. You cannot see a ceiling or a sky above you. You do, however, see an immense diamond, easily larger than your head, floating above where you lie. It radiates power greater than you have ever felt, but does not appear to be acting at the moment.

Zarthrax
2012-08-09, 06:15 AM
The cold of the floor penetrates the haze surrounding his mind as he slowly pushes himself to his feet.

"Is everyone uninjured?", he says in Elven, the last thing he remembers was an important battle, his wife back to back with him against the horde of marauding orcs.

"Maerwen? Where are you, my love?"

greenpotato
2012-08-11, 07:31 AM
"What treachery is this? which one of you brought me here?" the illumian woman says as she peers around at the other faces suspiciously.

Eurus
2012-08-12, 11:29 PM
A small man with dark skin and bright eyes studies the floor with an intense gaze, dropping carefully to his knees and running a palm over the gleaming metal almost reverently. He glances up at the diamond almost as an afterthought, tilting his head contemplatively to one side. After a disconcertingly long moment spent staring motionlessly at the gem, the man turns to the Illumian, clears his throat and brushes tangled brown hair from his eyes.

"If I were in your shoes -- which I almost am, technically -- I'd be grateful enough to still be alive."

Zarthrax
2012-08-17, 03:10 PM
The thin elf looks at the other two, but answers the Illumian first.

"I was brought here much as you were, I imagine. Last I recall, my wife and myself were being attacked by a truly shattering number of orcs and we were fighting for our lives."

He nods at the other man.

"Indeed. Whatever has happened to bring us here, could almost certainly have been twisted, had our captors meant us ill."

Eurus
2012-08-19, 01:31 AM
Elisha might not have even heard Ereinion's response, for all the attention he paid. He just circled slowly around the gem, staring at it with an expression halfway between reverence and hunger. Tentatively, he lifted one hand and slowly stepped forward to press a palm against one glittering facet.

Shazek
2012-08-19, 07:52 PM
Elisha might not have even heard Ereinion's response, for all the attention he paid. He just circled slowly around the gem, staring at it with an expression halfway between reverence and hunger. Tentatively, he lifted one hand and slowly stepped forward to press a palm against one glittering facet.

As your hand approaches the immense diamond, you feel your hand stopped short by a thin barrier of force. The same voice that rang out before the air shattered calls out once more. "You are awake."

You all feel a wave of power sweep over and around you, before it coalesces into 4 separate plush cushions, each behind one of your number. They appear perfectly sized to you, and extremely comfortable. "Sit."

Spellcraft DC 34:
The cushions are each the result of a Quickened Silent Stilled True Creation spell.

Zarthrax
2012-08-23, 01:52 PM
The general merely inclines his head slightly, then gracefully sits on one of the new cushions.

"I trust an explanation is forthcoming, then?"

Shazek
2012-08-28, 08:37 PM
You each feel the presence waiting for you to take a seat impatiently. It appears it will not continue until you do.