PDA

View Full Version : Ranger's Apprentice various conversions

Hexalan
2012-08-08, 11:50 PM
First of all, here's my Araluen Ranger PrC. (picture because I'm terrible at making tables)

The Ranger Corps is an elite group of special forces that serve the King of Araluen. Commonplace yet rare, the Rangers are regarded with equal amounts of fear and respect by the common citizens. Though they do not use magic, their extremely developed skills are not well understood by commoners and are often amounted to sorcery. Not only strong soldiers though, the Rangers often act as spies or agents. They use not just their powerful longbows, but also two daggers of hardened steel, strong enough to block a broadsword, balanced to through, and sharp enough to chop through a blade.
A Ranger/Rogue is by far the best suited for an Araluen Ranger, though occasionally a multiclassed Paladin will pursue this path.
Requirements:
Alignment: Any non-evil.
Skills: Move Silently 11 ranks, Hide 11 ranks, Ride 8 ranks, Survival 8 ranks, Knowledge (Nature) 8 ranks.
Feats: Stealthy, Track.
Special: Must pass the King’s Ranger examinations.
Proficiency: Must be proficient with Martial Weapons.
Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Geography) (Int), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Knowledge (Royalty and Nobility) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Search (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis).

http://images.moooo.org/i/araranger.png

Class Features:

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: Rangers are proficient with Longbows (including composite), Shortbows (including composite), all Ranger Knives, Strikers, and Light Armour.

Sneak Attack: As Rogue ability, but with no range limit.

Striker Knockout: A Ranger can use her Strikers attempt to knockout an enemy. The enemy must make a DC 10 + Class Level + Str Modifier or be stunned for 2 rounds.

Ranger Mount: A Ranger has a special mount (either a horse or a pony) that she is intensely familiar with. At first level, all Handle Animal, Ride, and other checks get a +1 Insight bonus when on that particular mount. At fifth level, it increases to +3, and to +5 at tenth level.

Reputation: Rangers are well known by the general populace as figures of authority. She gains a +2 circumstance bonus on Intimidate, Bluff,
Diplomacy, and Gather Information checks when dealing with a or a group of commoners (only +1 when less than half of the group are commoners).

Ranger Training: Rangers are highly skilled fighters, with many ways of fighting. Every even level, and she advances to the next level of skill. She is treated as if having the appropriate feat, even if she does not meet the requirements.

http://images.moooo.org/i/feats.png

To advance in her training, a Ranger must pass another stringent examination on these even levels, similar to the initial one. If she does not pass, then she does not gain the additional special abilities of the class, but her BaB and Saving Throw Bonuses do increase. If an examination is failed, it may again attempted in 1d6 weeks.

Favored Enemy: On those levels divisible by three (level 3, 6, and 9), a Ranger can choose a Favored Enemy as the ranger base class ability.
Construct
Humanoid (human)
Animal
Fey
Chaotic Neutral and Evil
Lawful Neutral and Evil
Plant
Vermin

Cloak Camouflage: At fourth level, a Ranger can use her special cloak to aid in her camouflage. The mottled colors blend into the background, and she gains a +2 armor bonus on Sneak and Hide checks. She is typically only issued a gray-and-green forest cloak, but brown and white cloaks can be acquired for deserts or arctic environments.

Hide in Plain Sight: Any time a Ranger is in the proper environment (that befitting her cloak), she can attempt a hide check even while being observed.

Double Save: When a Ranger barely fails a saving throw (Ref by 6 or less, For and Wil by 3 or less), she can attempt a second save with a -4 penalty.

Questions, Comments, Snide Remarks? Critique, especially. I'm certain I did about 12 things wrong.

More stuffs coming (feat, new items, new monsters, etc.).