PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Wuxia

Mari01
2012-08-09, 01:06 AM
How well would these two systems mesh with each other? Just looking to spark some discussion since the Warriors and Wuxia setting seems interesting (and the ToB is easily becoming my favorite book from 3.5)

Kadarai
2012-08-09, 02:27 AM
What do you mean by systems? Wuxia is a character concept representing the oriental robinhood/people's champion. It could be done before ToB, even though ToB gave more options and pimped it up a bit.

So, u want to use ToB maneuvres in PF? that is possible since it was originally supposed to be able to be used with 3.5 material. They are after all based on the same system and the classes from PF are more or less on the same level with ToB, compared to their old counterparts.

If you just want the concept of the Wuxia, Ultimate Combat gave some more options to fighters and monks, generally iconic kung fu moves (stances, maneuvres, strikes) that you can use, plus the monk can use swords in PF so it's easier to "jet lee" him.

Machinekng
2012-08-09, 11:10 AM
How well would these two systems mesh with each other? Just looking to spark some discussion since the Warriors and Wuxia setting seems interesting (and the ToB is easily becoming my favorite book from 3.5)

So Warriors and Wuxia and Pathfinder?

I don't see why not. There's not that much difference between 3.5 and PF.

Ultimate Combat, in addition to the kung moves Kadarai talked about, also has statistics for Oriental armors (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/armor/eastern-armor-and-shields) and weapons (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/eastern-weapons) that you might find useful.

Novawurmson
2012-08-09, 12:13 PM
PF and ToB get along nicely for the most part. Replace Concentration with Autohypnosis, combine skills, update for CMB/CMD and you're mostly there.

I want to make a full PF ToB update sometime...

Chained Birds
2012-08-09, 05:05 PM
PF and ToB get along nicely for the most part. Replace Concentration with Autohypnosis, combine skills, update for CMB/CMD and you're mostly there.

Would you reduce the bonuses given for maneuvers that grant CMD bonuses and CMB bonuses, like change a maneuver that would usually give +8 to a Bullrush to perhaps a +4?

rollforeigninit
2012-08-09, 06:30 PM

I totally agree. The issue is that ToB is not OGC so we can't pool our resources really to tweak it out in the open. I'm playtesting a revamped Swordsage in our PF campaign myself. There are several Homebrew Disciplines that bear adding IMHO as well.

Novawurmson
2012-08-09, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't reduce the bonuses to combat maneuvers, most likely; compare with the Barbarian rage power that allows you to add your Barbarian level to a combat maneuver check. Still, make a balance/sanity check every so often.