PDA

View Full Version : Half-Orcs and Human Only Feats

White_Drake
2012-08-09, 02:46 AM
Are Half-Orcs able to, or is there a way for them to be able to, take human only feats? Specifically I'm hoping for an intimidate based desert half-orc to be able to take the feat Dreadful Wrath (PGtF).

Igneel
2012-08-09, 02:48 AM
I'm afb, but I believe Races of Destiny had a feat meant for that kind of thing. Might be wrong.

Edit: Human Heritage, treated as a humanoid with human subtype, still treated as the original race (orc traits for example), and gain 4 bonus skill points. Not entirely sure if the human subtype is enough to still take Dreadful Wrath though...

White_Drake
2012-08-09, 02:54 AM
Okay, looked and found the Human Heritage feat, precisely what I need, thanks.

Edit: Ninja'd; looking at the sidebar on page 150, I believe it is.

Igneel
2012-08-09, 02:56 AM
Glad to be of some help right before going to bed. Now I can sleep with a clear conscious. :smallsmile:

HunterOfJello
2012-08-09, 02:58 AM
In Pathfinder, both Half-Elves and Half-Orcs count as Humans for subtype purposes. Having the "human subtype" is actually what's important for these sorts of things.

In 3.5 however, half-elves and half-orcs don't count as being humans. There is a feat in one of the dragon magazines called Human Blood that can only be taken at 1st level, but gives +1 skill point every level and has the partial human applicant count as "human" for their race from then on.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-08-09, 04:18 AM
You actually don't need to take Human Heritage at all. Per that sidebar on page 150 of Races of Destiny, you could have some or all of certain half-races count as human instead of their other half. His human heritage may be more dominant than his orc lineage, or maybe he's a quarter-orc.

HunterOfJello
2012-08-09, 05:11 AM
quarter-orc.

I remember being in a game with a quarter-orc and half-halfling. I was playing a double elf at the time.

Novawurmson
2012-08-09, 08:57 AM
I remember being in a game with a quarter-orc and half-halfling. I was playing a double elf at the time.

Never mind the dwarf Dwarf.