Warmage

Archivist
Barbarian
Dread Necromancer
Erudite
Factotum
Ranger
Rogue

... one member of the party is already Sorcerer(got it by percentage roll, he was born with this class) and we need to fill 3 more places. What I'd like to know is which other of these classes would best complement Sorcerer and other three?

thanks

Kelb_Panthera
2012-08-09, 06:19 AM
it depends on the sorcerer's actuall build, the type of campaign the DM is planning, what you and your friends enjoy, and entirely too many other things for anyone to give you a more meaningful answer than, "play the T1's they're the most powerful and versatile."

T1's being the cleric, druid, wizard, archivist, and StP erudite.

Edit: upon reviewing your list, the only T1 on there is the artificer. Unless you can give us more of the relevant info, the best answer is artificer.

Balor01
2012-08-09, 06:27 AM
Allrighty, more info :smallsmile:

It will be mainly standard campaign of monsters harassing villages and perhaps some hunting of evil human NPCs. We also expect WBL to be perhaps 50% of normal WBL. Our main concern is healing, since no one is playing cleric. We are starting with lvl 2 and standard WBL at this point. As for Sorcerer he is thinking of being primary a crowd controller with stuff like Glitterdust and Deep slumber, when he is high enough level. But he will adjust to party if necessary.

Gwendol
2012-08-09, 06:42 AM
Bard is likely to be solid, they can be made decent healers through healing hymn for example.

Duke of URL
2012-08-09, 06:47 AM
If you need a healer, Archivist is on the list.

I'd go Sorcerer, Archivist, Factotum, Warblade, myself.

Morithias
2012-08-09, 06:51 AM
I see Marshal is on the list but not the Healer, which I find very odd.

If you need a healer and the DM allows miniatures handbook try to talk him into letting you use the healer. It's not that bad if you use the expanded spell list (especially the sanctified spells)

hoverfrog
2012-08-09, 07:13 AM
A balanced party needs stealth, fire power, muscle, healing and information gathering capabilities. A sorcerer supplies fire power. A rogue will fit the role of stealth and information gathering as will a bard. You've got plenty of choices for muscle and meat shields. Artificers can be built to fit all the roles.

Gwendol
2012-08-09, 07:16 AM
Suggesting classes for the party, I'd suggest:

Sorcerer (taken)
Bard (taking care of healing and buffing), covering what the sorcerer cannot
Barbarian/Dungeoncrasher fighter
Factotum or Rogue (possibly consider a daring outlaw build)

Balor01
2012-08-09, 07:53 AM
Sorcerer, Bard, Barbarian and Rogue it is. Thanks guys.