PDA

View Full Version : White Raven Tactics Rounds

Mr Tumnus
2012-08-09, 05:17 PM
So this is not a question about how WRT works, I understand how it works. I am curious to see if other people would interpret things in the same way I would.

Say you cast a spell with the duration of 1 round on a creature. If you use white raven tactics on that creature in that same round would they effectively gain 2 rounds worth of that 1 round buff?

Personally I think it's yes, because time is not measured from the perspective of any single creature but by the initiative count. If the counter hasn't gone from round 3 to round 4 than a round hasn't passed and therefore the buff is still active. Thoughts?

WHITE RAVEN TACTICS
White Raven (Boost)
Level: Crusader 3, warblade 3
Prerequisite: One White Raven maneuver
Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: 10 ft.
Target: One ally

Your knowledge of tactics can aid your allies’ attacks, and it also allows you to spot, predict, and counter your enemies’ actions. In the chaos of battle, you impose the order needed for tight, effective group tactics.

When you use this maneuver, select an ally within range. Her initiative count immediately equals your initiative count –1. She then acts on her new initiative count as normal. If she has already acted in the current round, she can act again. If this maneuver would not change your ally’s initiative count, it has no effect. If she has not yet acted during this round, her initiative count changes, and she acts on that count as normal. She does not act again on her original initiative count.

LanSlyde
2012-08-09, 05:34 PM
So this is not a question about how WRT works, I understand how it works. I am curious to see if other people would interpret things in the same way I would.

Say you cast a spell with the duration of 1 round on a creature. If you use white raven tactics on that creature in that same round would they effectively gain 2 rounds worth of that 1 round buff?

Personally I think it's yes, because time is not measured from the perspective of any single creature but by the initiative count. If the counter hasn't gone from round 3 to round 4 than a round hasn't passed and therefore the buff is still active. Thoughts?

WHITE RAVEN TACTICS
White Raven (Boost)
Level: Crusader 3, warblade 3
Prerequisite: One White Raven maneuver
Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: 10 ft.
Target: One ally

Your knowledge of tactics can aid your allies’ attacks, and it also allows you to spot, predict, and counter your enemies’ actions. In the chaos of battle, you impose the order needed for tight, effective group tactics.

When you use this maneuver, select an ally within range. Her initiative count immediately equals your initiative count –1. She then acts on her new initiative count as normal. If she has already acted in the current round, she can act again. If this maneuver would not change your ally’s initiative count, it has no effect. If she has not yet acted during this round, her initiative count changes, and she acts on that count as normal. She does not act again on her original initiative count.

If their turn passed while buffed, then their initiative count jump up to earn them another turn in that round, then yes. The buff should remain. This is the same reason why single round buffs are still active on someone elses turn after theirs has passed. Unless it specifically states the effect ends at the end of their next turn. In which case the buff was active during their regular turn, but then ended when it shifted to another characters turn. If this was the case, then when the target's initiative count was changed the buff should no longer be in effect.

Mr Tumnus
2012-08-12, 02:38 AM
If their turn passed while buffed, then their initiative count jump up to earn them another turn in that round, then yes. The buff should remain. This is the same reason why single round buffs are still active on someone elses turn after theirs has passed. Unless it specifically states the effect ends at the end of their next turn. In which case the buff was active during their regular turn, but then ended when it shifted to another characters turn. If this was the case, then when the target's initiative count was changed the buff should no longer be in effect.

Thanks, that's what I thought.