PDA

View Full Version : God Hunter Prestige Class (3.5)

Netbattler11
2012-08-09, 05:30 PM
In a 3.5 campaign I'm in, I have a character who wants to kill a god and all their followers. This struck me as a perfect idea for a prestige class. The class is psionic, and i need ideas for themed abilities. So far i have two abilities, Divine Nemesis and Detect Nemesis. I made up a new power to make detect nemesis work called Detect Patron. It functions as detect law/evil/good/etc. except that you choose a deity when you manifest it and it detects people based on their devotion to that god.

Divine Nemesis: At first level, a God Hunter chooses a god which they have a vendetta against. When manifesting powers which target a follower of that god, you get +1 to save DC and to rolls made to overcome spell resistance. You also get +1 to dispel checks against spells or powers cast by a follower of that god. Every two levels these bonuses increase by 1.

Detect Nemesis: At second level, a God Hunter may use Detect Patron tuned to their Nemesis at will as a psi-like ability.

Ideas and criticism appreciated.

dspeyer
2012-08-10, 10:40 PM
Immunity to Portfolio Awareness would be a good one. It's hard to kill someone who knows everything you're going to try days in advance.

Waker
2012-08-10, 11:01 PM
dpsyer makes a good point about the portfolio, but you may also want to have a way to bypass their normal senses as well. A deity can see/hear/smell/etc at a range of miles equal to their divine rank, so they are getting many attempts to detect you well before you get to them.
There are also a whole slew of silly deific powers that they can throw around. You might not want to overlook their ability to alter reality for example, so perhaps something like Stabilization Field could prevent such a power.