PDA

View Full Version : Touch of Healing and nonlethal damage

Greyfeld85
2012-08-09, 06:27 PM
So, Touch of Healing. (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-champion--57/touch-of-healing--2940/)

Say my player has 70 max hp and he's taken 45 nonlethal damage (but no lethal damage). Can he use Touch of Healing to bring himself back up to 35 nonlethal damage? Or can the feat only be used when the player's actual hp pool is reduced below half?

My google-fu seems to be extremely weak right now, because I can't find the answer to this question anywhere.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-08-09, 09:21 PM
I'd say that you can't use that feat to undo non-lethal damage if you have higher than half of your normal HP total. Magical healing removes lethal damage at the same time and rate that it restores hp, but since you can't use this to restore hp when you're above half, the non-lethal in place just has to stay there, until you can use it.

Of course, you could just wait a while for the non-lethal damage to heal on its own. The rate for that is 1hp/hd/hour.

At 70hp, you're probably around level 10, so that'll be mostly gone in about 4 hrs. You don't have to rest while that non-lethal healing takes place either, IIRC.