PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Creation: Sanguine Fate [IC]

Milo v3
2012-08-09, 08:26 PM
Void
In the void was nothing. No air. No water. No life. No death. No space. No time. No light. No warmth.

Nothing but The Five. Had the Five just appeared? Were they always there?
They did not know.

But the five awakened. And with this, existance begun.

One of the five, a mass of grim slimy tendrils, all weaved together to form a hideous orb. It gazed out at the void in all directions, despite lacking eyes.

"It is empty." The first sounds in all of time.

HoodyC17
2012-08-09, 08:43 PM
Prelavius wordlessly released the majority of her fragmented body into the void. They then combined seamlessly together until they all formed a stone, disc-shaped structure, larger than the earth divine and her siblings.

"Not anymore brother..." Panted the Earth God.

What is left of her body approached the bottom side of the disc and began resting as her body reformed eight legs and a body with fangs.

"My first creation," she whispered with more strength in her voice, "your name is Ixen."

Divine Creation - Ixen: 2AP
Physical Evolution: 3AP
Remaning AP: 1AP

Rosalinath
2012-08-09, 09:16 PM
The feminine monstrosity, wrapped in pestilence and pain, peered upon the void with a critical eye.

"It has potential" said the third, wrapping hands around the nothing and holding it to her bosom and feeling the faintest of life.

Tossing the void onto its source a blast of colour spread over the nothing, black becoming green and brown. from the waters of oblivion sprouts forests, and with it trees and air.

Forest of Filth

Creating Land, 6-2=4

Milo v3
2012-08-09, 10:01 PM
The horrid orb rolled onto Ixen, descending upon the forest of filth.

"A field of trees. But within a flat and boring realm."
Thousands of tentacles emerged from Moros. Gripping at the corners and the flesh of Ixen. It twisted and warped the land. Raising some sections. Lowering others. Forming hills, valleys, and mountains.

6 - 2 (Mold Land) = 4 AP

HoodyC17
2012-08-09, 10:17 PM
Panic filled Prevalius's state of mind as Ixen's body shifted through the influence of her brother and sister. She attempted to take off and confront her siblings' unauthorized dabbling but she was immediately caught in the trees that had grown over her. Still far from calm, an idea came and she bled her essence into the forest, overrunning Ixen's surface with their canopy and the stone flesh with roots.

Her creation now stable and herslef calm, she tore from Ixen and faced her siblings.

"How inconsiderate..." It was a whisper yet somehow heard throughout the void.

Nourish Land: 1AP
Remaining AP: 0AP

Milo v3
2012-08-09, 10:24 PM
"Inconsiderate. Why would you say that my sister?"
Moros trolled through the twisting forests, full of slopes, and depressions. Noting that the wilds seemed to be growing further.

Rosalinath
2012-08-09, 10:53 PM
"dear sister...you must realise that what one can do, many can do more yes?" stated Kureim, smile dripping with venom onto the earth. The venom filled the divets of the land with rancid water, Thus swamps were formed.

Bog of Defilement

From these waters walked Elves, pathetic creatures surviving with her Unity. They ate from her trees and drank her water

Mold Land,Create Populace 4-2-1=1

Lejosh
2012-08-10, 12:44 AM
La Muerte looked upon the world and the creatures inhabiting it, he decided that the people of this world would need somewhere to go after their lives finished.
With this a new plane was born, one where people who died would come to live. But not for eternal happiness, they would come here for eternal torture as punishment.
With this La Muerte sighed and said, "Hell".

6-3(creating new plane)=3

Milo v3
2012-08-10, 01:46 AM
Void
Moros rose to view the slowly changing world.

Beings. People. Each with a mind. Each working together to survive. But that is all they do. Eat and Drink. Find water and trees. Eat and Drink.

There is no thought. Only surviving.

Moros swayed a tendril in the direction of the elves. Each of which suddenly became changed. In there minds, they were the focus. Each individual wanted to survive. They remained united, but each wanted his or her own life to go on even if it costed the group.

I basically gave self awareness to them, rather then them always been united and helping seeing the group as more important than themselves.

4 - 1 (Teach Populace) = 3 AP

HoodyC17
2012-08-10, 01:59 AM
"You tampered with my creation without my consent," she whispered through the void, "I would have most likely allowed this but I'm offended that you did not seek my permission first. And I do not believe that theory, sister, as I have not seen it happen just yet."

Prelavius shrunk her form down to be smaller than trees and smaller than elves until she was just the size of a leaf, a testament to her remaining strength. She latched on a trunk and began to observe the elves. This remained until she spoke once again to her siblings.

"Brothers and sister, for the sake of clarity I wish for each of us to know the names of our siblings." Again a whisper but still no strength has returned. "My name is Prelavius. What are your names?"

Rosalinath
2012-08-10, 02:06 AM
Kureim looked down upon her children as they deviated from their purpose, killing and hoarding for themselves while others fell to the wayside starving. The Elves were still hers, merely perverted by the dark tendrils of Moros

Void

Slithering away from her many creations she reached the divine perch of blackness, glaring at Moros with eyes tearing up with pus and blood.

"You think yourself higher then me brother? They were mine, perfect and without need."

Rosalinath
2012-08-10, 02:38 AM
Hearing her sister speak beyond her vision, Kureim peered over her shoulder to gaze upon the gravel spider.

"I am Kureim sweet sister" hissed the worm, her anguish slowly disipating. Ignoring the god of shadows for a time, Kureim faced Prelavius with a rotation of the hips.

"...And I am sorry for the disturbance to your art, I merely wished to broaden our horizens with color and sentience."

Milo v3
2012-08-10, 04:22 AM
Void
The dripping mass of flesh spun within oblivion's grip. It's voice was cold, quick, and dripped with a maniacal glee.
"Those beasts were not perfect, they were little more than automatons. Simply repeating themselves until they eventually die. I gave them knowledge that each person has value.

They choose how to react. I didn't tell them to kill or steal or horde. I simply told them that life is worth more than death. If any are to blame, it is your little Elves.

Knowledge brings suffering. And thus I teach. I am Moros."

Rosalinath
2012-08-10, 04:46 AM
The queen of wretchs looked down upon her brood once more, her tail twitching in annoyance. Her Unity split at its seams, its true, but was not unwoven. With the introduction of self worth came greed and pain...but also family and love.

Clicking her blackened tongue, Kureim released her anger with the wave of her pale hand.

"So be it. We shall see if you are correct, or if you're Knowledge leads to ruin", and with that the Lady of Plague sauntered off towards her domain to rest

Lejosh
2012-08-10, 05:26 AM
La Muerte appeared in his normal form, although much smaller, the size of a man.
Looking over at the tree which Prelavius was resting on La Muerte said "My name is La Muerte, God of the Underworld".

HoodyC17
2012-08-10, 05:48 AM
Prelavius returned La Muerte's gaze and began whispering once again but this time her voice had a certain direction.

"Greeting La Merte. Would you elaborate on this 'underworld?' The only theory I can come up with is a world under this world but I do not sense one in the void." For the first time her voice lacked the same seriousness that was present.

Lejosh
2012-08-10, 06:33 AM
"Yes of course, i will have to explain" La Muerte says in a raspy voice "The Underworld is my plane, one in parrallel to this one, where the souls of the damned will go for eternal punishment, but there is no land there at present, not until i finish my creation of this new place." La Muerte finishs with a grin.

"It will also be the most likely place where i shall create several races of my own contruction and whatever else i see fit to help in the eternal torture of those who have wrong in this world" La Muerte says as he waves his hand around indicating the place where he is standing.

Milo v3
2012-08-10, 06:39 AM
Upon hearing Eternal Punishment, Moros became inquisitive. The aberrant sphere drifted towards this "La Muerte".
"May I ask, how will you gain these damned souls?"

Lejosh
2012-08-10, 04:51 PM
"You may Moros, what i shall do after creating land for this new plane i will create a new race"
La Muerte smiles before saying "A race of skeletal beings, with cloaks of darkness, who will be able to cross through the planes as they wish. These 'Reapers' as i will call them, will come through the planes and collect the souls from this world before returning to the Underworld where these souls will return to a corporial form. From there they will be able to be killed in millions of different ways for all time, each time their body dies it will evaporate and the soul will once again create a new corpreal body around it."

Milo v3
2012-08-10, 05:47 PM
"Sounds...
Exquisite. They will suffer for all time. Misery will befall them time and time again. Though, I believe that our sisters may be hostile towards this idea of yours."

Rosalinath
2012-08-10, 06:06 PM
Kureim listened to her brothers from her unformed domain, her face pinched into a scowl and lashing about the black murky floor.

How dare that boy think he can toy with her children. They are hers to use and dipose of, not anyone elses. There is no Unity to be had in this Underworld, only pain and Misery.

Suddenly the scowl left her gaunt face, an idea forming in her mind to further her own whims.

Lejosh
2012-08-10, 07:04 PM
With a single movement La Muerte disappeared from the plane where all the other gods existed and returned to his plane, his Underworld.

Then by ripping off a section of skin that quickly grew back, he created a new world, one born of molten rock and rivers of fire. One where the were clouds of floating fire that rained lava down upon the ground, where volcanos are common place and where trees were unable to grow cause of the rocks that could catch fire and never went out.

Yes, i know it is a slight rip off of minecraft with the rocks but that idea has been around for longer than that game has been so bear with me.

ArlEammon
2012-08-10, 07:19 PM
The very first words spoken outside the Void from Ardun would be a form of a riddle. "You wish to all know of me, my brothers and sisters. I. . . am he who is not and yet is as he should not be. And yet I am, because I should be." This was Ardun's way of saying, "I am Ardun." Looking to the ones staring at him, Ardun smiled and explained. "I, am Ardun my siblings."

Arathnos
2012-08-10, 09:20 PM
Gorn's consciousness awoke harshly, feeling the Void surround him as he struggled to take in all that was, instantaneously. As it poured over him, he began to make sense of everything slowly but surely. Eventually, his identity coalesced into something concrete in his mind. His purpose, his person, was clear.

Exerting his will over himself and the Void, he brought together his physical form into existence. He appeared as a tall, bulky humanoid [Read: man] with a ruddy complexion and dark, coppery-brown hair. His skin began to shimmer ever-so-slightly, taking on a metallic copper sheen as his form finalized. He looked out into the Void at his siblings and their creations.

"This work is...sloppy, brothers and sisters." Gorn looked at the mashing of creations, noting potential in all, but with a distinct lack of vision and unity. "We must strive to work together, if not for all time then for creation, or else we might fail in some catastrophic way and doom our own creations... I am Gorn, your youngest brother." As he spoke, he considered the implications of his first impression. Introducing himself to his siblings by criticizing their work was risky and bold, but as creation was his domain, he judged the risks acceptable.

HearTheRequiem
2012-08-11, 05:35 AM
Slowly, the Voidstuff began to ripple. A tiny movement at first, then, with a movement like casting aside a curtain, a svelte, white-clad figure stepped forward.

"Brothers of mine, sisters of mine. Do you not see what you have wrought? Your world, and its people, seek to destroy themselves. What good is there in this futile effort?

No matter, brethren of mine. It is never too late to make amends. "

With that, the tears falling from the woman's eyes changed course, flowing towards the land. On touching the ground, small sections began glowing slightly, waters becoming bluer, greenery more vibrant - almost becoming cleaner.
Slowly, pale, ethereal creatures rose from the lake, moving with almost a sort of grace.

Mold Land: 6 AP - 1 AP = 5 AP
Create Populace - Children Of Mercy: 5 AP - 2AP = 3 AP.

"I am María Sancta. Together, we can right the wrongdoings that have occurred."

HoodyC17
2012-08-11, 06:03 AM
Prelavius walked the forest floor, ocassionally catching glimpses of her siblings through rare gaps in the canopy. She was present in the the pure darkness of the void as it permanently blanketed Ixen.

Now the arrival of her newly awakened siblings have caught her attention. The first one was strange, difficult to understand, the second one offers cooperation, something which she currently desires, and the third one carried a heart too large, something which has caught Prelavius' interest.

Her voice echoed once again through the void, stronger now and directed at her new brothers and sister.

"Greetings Ardun, Gorn and Maria. I must say, I find your introductions far more enjoyable than those who have awakened before you." She spoke with a light hearted tone before shifting her attention directly to Gorn. "Hmm... Working together would be a simple... a direct way of testing Kureim's theory. You have my support. And I think you might have Kureim's as well. I'm afraid I cannot speak for the rest of my siblings and you may have to drag La Muerte out of his 'Underworld'"

Her voice then lost direction and aimless went everywhere.

She spoke in outward contemplation. "The mortals here have no sense of time, no reoccuring event to show what period their tasks and experiences lie. I envision a burning ball of fire and light that graces Ixen's skies above an below. That provides them light to provide day and leaves darkness to bring night. It is unfortunate that I no longer have the strength to perform such a task..."

Milo v3
2012-08-11, 07:48 AM
Void
"New children were arising from nothing. One which exists, therefore he is.
Another believed doom to be a horrid thing to be abolished from creation, it is foolish to believe that Moros didn't intend doom. The last, trying to help and save the playthings from themselves, thinking hope is more than an illusion."

HearTheRequiem
2012-08-11, 10:44 AM
"Hope is real, brother of mine. It exists wherever there is existence, wherever there is consciousness. Where things exist, they can always be made better, wounds can be healed, and rifts can be closed.

I exist, and as such, so too shall hope."

Rosalinath
2012-08-11, 02:57 PM
Kureim found herself moving back into the group, having heard the scwabling all the way from her resting place. What she heard brought a smile to her face. Unity was her current goal and a truce amoungst the siblings would certainly aid in her endevors.

Slithering up behind Maria, the Lady of Plague wrapped her gaunt arms around the others form.

"You speak of Hope sweet sister but what hope is there alone? We should listen to our brothers and work together for our children"

HearTheRequiem
2012-08-11, 03:07 PM
"We are of the same mind, sister of mine. If we are to co-operate, what is it we wish to achieve?

That is the first question."

Rosalinath
2012-08-11, 03:30 PM
"Sanctuary for our people against the underworld, to Unify their morals once more" Kureim muttered, peering towards the plane with contempt.

HearTheRequiem
2012-08-11, 03:50 PM
"As is fair and just, sister of mine. Shelter and protection from damnation will be given to all who seek it."

As María spoke, the Void around her and Kureim seemed to shimmer, before unfolding into a vast white expanse, swirling eddies of cloud drifting past.

"This is my gift to you, Sister of Mine, and to all of our creations."

Create Plane - Blessed Sanctuary: 3 AP - 3 AP = 0 AP remaining.

Rosalinath
2012-08-11, 04:21 PM
"This will do nicely sweet sister. This will mean nothing though if the children know not the consequences to their actions. Allow me..."

Raising a hand to her forehead, Kureim stroked a finger over her own head as a strand of pale green energy clung to it. crushing it into her palm, the goddess sprinkled it over the land. Mortals across Ixion soon felt guilt for their actions, understanding life continued farther then the present.

Teach Populace 1-1=0

HearTheRequiem
2012-08-11, 04:27 PM
"I thank you for your graciousness, sister of mine. Would that the rest of our brethren be so cooperative."

Lejosh
2012-08-11, 05:18 PM
La Muerte returned to the land of mortals, and saw that the only living creatures on it were the elves.
"How sad that none of you have created anything else for this land." and with that La Muerte cut open his hand letting the blood drip down onto the world creating rivers, sea's and oceans and then, as the water calmed, fish, of all kinds began to evolve in the waters.

2=3-1(Mold land to create waters)
0=2-2(create populace - Fish)

Arathnos
2012-08-11, 05:26 PM
Gorn considered the words of Prelavius carefully, thinking over their merit. A light to measure time, and to provide for the creatures of Ixen. This seemed agreeable. "I agree sister. I believe I can be of some service in this." With that, Gorn set to work shaping his energies. He pulled a spark of his divine power from deep within himself and cast it into the void in its raw form. The glowing shard danced with light and flames. The god-smith proceeded to shape bits and pieces of the void, changing their essence and melding them with his spark until he had a great ball of fire and light.

Frowning at his creation he observed it for faults, ever the perfectionist, before finally seeming to approve of his creation. "Behold..." he said more to the Void and to himself than his siblings, although his voice carried across the vast emptiness. "Innos, the great lantern."

With those words, he exerted his will upon the ball, sending it in it's gentle spin around Ixen to mark the passage of night and day.

Divine Creation: Innos (Sun) 6 - 2 AP = 4 AP
Divine Creation: Day and Night 4 -2 AP = 2 AP

Edit: Had been copy-pasta-ing for some relevant info on what had happened, accidentally left someone else's name instead of mine. Fixed :p

THEChanger
2012-08-11, 08:48 PM
And then something happened. The whole world grew darker. It wasn't the cold darkness of the void, nor was it the black darkness of night. No, this was a gray darkness, as though something had simply been drawn over the new sun in the sky. Like a blanket, or a cloth, or...
A cloud.
Or, as the other deities discovered as they stared upwards, many clouds. All coming together, all swirling into a single, massive storm. Then, rain. Beautiful, blessed rain, crashing down upon the surface of Ixen, a torrent of raw, divine power, digging its way into the ground. From the storm above there was no words, no greeting, not even an acknowledgement of the other deities. Merely a flash of red lightning, a crack of thunder, and the echoes of what might have been laughter. Then, suddenly as it had appeared, the storm dispersed. And far below, something new was growing.

Birthing
We we born from the storm.
The first of us were born from the rain of the first storm mixing with the divine earth of Ixen. As the forest of Coedwig 'N Gyntaf grew from the flesh of our Father's sister Prelavius, so we grew from the forest. Our flesh green as the leaves, our arms as strong as the oaks around us. And as we grew, we knew our purpose.
We knew ourselves, for the Father had given us knowledge of our place. We had our name for ourselves. Cenedl 'N Flean, the First People. But we knew what others would call us. It would be a name both feared and respected, a name that meant both strength and evil. Ours would be to test the creations of our Father's siblings.
They would call us orcs.

Starting AP 6
-1 AP: Mould Land
Coedwig 'N Gyntaf and the Redstone Mount
A massive forest of various oak, conefier, and other assorted types of trees and shrubs, Coedwig 'N Gyntaf is the home of the Orcs. Located roughly in the southwest corner of Ixen, in the language of the orcs its name means "First Forest". Of course, it isn't truly the first forest, but neither were the orcs the First People. That's orcish arogance for you.
The ground beneath Coedwig 'N Gyntaf contains red clay, giving most orcish creations a distinct reddish tinge. The metal which can be mined here-and there is metal to be mined-is also tinted by this clay, giving weapons forged from it a blood-red color.
In the very center of the forest is a mountain comprised entirely of red stone. It is a most ancient law of the orcish people that none may set foot on the mountain, for it is a place of blood and fire, the home of the Father. Those that do travel there do not return-or, at least, do not return unchanged.

-2 AP: Create Populace
The Orcs
Also known as the Adversaries, also known as the Blood Fiends, also known as the Greenskins
First born from the rain of Caledur and the forest of Coedwig "N Gyntaf, the Orcs are a war-like and expansionist race residing in the southwest areas of Ixen. Worshippers of Caledur the Red Lightning, they currently exist in a loose tribal structure, surviving off of hunting and gathering. In times of crisis, however, Orcs can hibernate, burrowing into the ground and photosynthesizing. Orcroot, as this state is known, can survive for a very long time, and produce offspring shoots. Thus, an entire orcish army can grow underneath a civilization's feet, and they may not know until it is too late.
That said, orcroot requires the spilling of blood to reactivate as true orcs, so with the right precautions, this can be prevented.

3 AP=6 AP-1 AP-2 AP

HoodyC17
2012-08-12, 12:14 AM
Prelavius stared at Innos, the young lantern, as it graced the sky of Ixen.

"Marvelous," she muttered before returning her attention to Gorn, "I thank you for your gift to mortals and I am certain that our sisters will say the same. If you require help in the future I will gladly provide. All you will need to do is ask."

The Earth God then took off in the direction where the lightning had been. It appears that at last her brother has acted after his awakening. She was curious of what new creation this one has made and so she increased her pace until the trees around became different overall and she spotted mortals that certainly didn't belong to Kureim or Maria.

Lady Tialait
2012-08-12, 05:31 AM
In the void for a long time there was only two states for noise to be in, the voices of the Gods, or the voices of the mortals. That changed when the Bard was born bringing with him music, or it may have brought him with it. He sat suspended in the void strumming his guitar and humming to himself. He watches the others create a world. It was not ready for his song. He would sing a lesser song to pass the time.

"Oh, great Gods what will you create?
Upon the void inflicting your wills
To the first, to the second, to the unborn creators
Welcome you each, welcome to here;
Oh come, all you Lords of Creation."

Steilos
2012-08-12, 06:46 AM
In the depths of infinite time and space, something stirred. A heady aura of carnage and violence suffused over the world for a split second, and then it was gone. It pulsed rapidly, sending shockwaves of suffering across the realm.

Things erupted out of the water, the sky and the earth, taking on the form of orcs, elves, fish, whatever was at hand. Their form was unimportant, as it changed constantly, one moment an elf the next a fish. And then these strange creatures, these embodiments of the elements, looked around them and saw the world and each other. And only one thing stirred in their minds.

Fury.

The whole assemblage let out an unearthly scream, a battle cry that resonated across the lands and waves. They set upon each other, tearing at each other's bodies in a cacophony of sound and violence, and as they did so their anger, hatred, pain, fear and suffering coalesced on a single point, beoming a seething roiling mass of indescribable savagery.

Suddenly, it exploded outwards, causing a wave of fire to slash across the world before embedding itself in the ground. There was a colossal earthquake that shattered the ground itself as a huge volcano erupted out of the world, an oozing wound that vomited lava across the landscape. And with that cataclysm came the legions of the Fire Furies, charging into their compatriots with reckless abandon.

That was not all. Earth Furies caused earthquakes where they fell, and Water Furies sent floods smashing across the world. Fire Furies caused fires, heatwaves and more volcanoes and eruptions, while those Furies of the Wind caused whirlwinds to sweep across the world.

Meanwhile, the mass had congealed into a colossal man of the elements, himself a battleground for the elements that came from him. And he raised his arms and bellowed out to the world.

"I AM PYXIS. I AM WAR."

Starting AP: 6
Create populace: Elemental Furies: 2AP
Elemental Furies are manifestations of the elements locked in eternal war unless divine intervention says otherwise. They are responsible for natural disasters and will exist in the world as long as their element exists.
Mold Land: Volcanoes: 1AP
Pestilence: 1AP
Floods will hit anyone on the coastline with reckless abandon.
Remaining AP: 2

Milo v3
2012-08-12, 07:14 AM
Void
Hearing the song of the bard, annoyance drifted through his dark thoughts. It was beautiful, and all would appriciate it in awe. That isn't misery, nor doom, nor calamity. It was respect.

Unless ... Unless beauty brought pain. Or if they believed beauty brought pain.
Intangible tendrils grasped out at the words from travelled throughout the world, each a fragment of perfection.

Then with each word came not only awe. But a realisation that only one may reach that level. That you are not skilled enough. That you never will be skilled enough. That others will always be better than you.

3 -1 (Teach Populace) = 2

The horrific god was happy with his perversion and headed towards the latest Lord of Creation. A sick glee accompanied his voice.
"Pyxis. It seems your slaughter is tearing the world apart. Chaos is everywhere. Doom is befailing the mortals. In a way I should thank you."

As he spoke the lord of war, Moros slowly realised the origin of his immediate happiness. The essence of calamity emanating from Ixen's surface. It felt like joy. Pure joy. His empty husk drew it within, gorging himself upon it.

Upon the start of his final sentance, he seemed to become one with Doom.

2 - 2 (Gain Portfolio Element: Doom) = 0

Steilos
2012-08-12, 07:29 AM
Pyxis turned his head towards Moros, as a tendril of fire played across his eyes before being strangled by a crushing gust of water.
"BROTHER MOROS. THE CHAOS AND DOOM CAUSED BY THE WAR OF THE FURIES IS BUT AN INSIGNIFICANT END PRODUCT OF MY PASSAGE. BUT I AM GLAD YOU ARE PLEASED ALL THE SAME."
His granite skull rotated towards the world once more.
"BUT THESE MORTALS ARE POWERLESS AGAINST THE DAMAGE WROUGHT BY THE FURIES. THEY NEED A WAY TO DEFEND THEMSELVES - TO FIGHT BACK. THE WAR OF THE FURIES IS NOT ENOUGH, THERE MUST BE WARS BETWEEN MORTAL AND MORTAL AND BETWEEN MORTAL AND FURY. ALL MUST FIGHT..."

Pyxis glanced at the Orcs teeming below and nodded. "THESE CREATURES, THESE 'ORCS', SEEM TO BE THE MOST WARLIKE OF THE MORTALS, AND SO I SHALL START WITH THEM."

ArlEammon
2012-08-12, 11:24 AM
Seelie And Unseele
Ardun finally arrived on the mortal plane. Ready for his own acts of creation. Ardun was the god of magic, not life or creation, and yet, he could if he wished, do some impressive making of his own. He would call his craftmanship "Seelie" and then "Unseelie". First, he took the bark of a tree and magically enchanted it. He magically crafted the tree bark with a drop of his own blood, and the first "Seelie" were born. Later, he would enchant the next race, called the Unseelie the same way. However, when he was done crafting these, he made a different incantation for each. The Seelie were given a powerful spell of happiness and life, while the Unseelie were given to a spell of glory and honor. So the Seelie would make life a goal of spreading healing and comfort, while the Unseelie were devoted to honor and victory. Both Seelie and Unseelie were creatures of powerful magic, knowing, instinctively, magic from birth.

Starting AP 6
-4 Create Race
AP 2

Steilos
2012-08-12, 12:38 PM
Pyxis stopped in his tracks as he was about to bless Orckind. He had just had another idea. one that would herald a new age of war amongst the mortal races. He lifted his hand and the fighting elements swirled in his palm.

"NO, NOT ORCS. I SHALL CREATE A RACE THAT HAS CONFLICT BRED INTO ITS EVERY BONE." he declared before clenching his oustretched palm into a fist, compacting the elements inside.

What was born from this union was a race of conflict. Free to believe in whatever they wanted and imbued with a burning ambition and the unshakable belief in a manifest destiny, yet shattering into a kaleidoscope of a trillion different opinions and values... values which they were willing to go to war for. The first human opened his eyes and looked around, spotting his fellow man and forming a tribe. The tribe began to worship the earth and leaves around them, becoming more and more dedicated to Prelavius with each passing day.

A few days later, a group of wild-eyed tribesmen rushed the camp and slaughtered every single one of them, casting the remains on a pyre. As the roast ascended to the heavens, the victors began to chant, a rising crescendo of "INNOS! INNOS! INNOS!"

Soon, humanity spread over the continent and began to form tribes dedicated to each of the major gods along with several minor cults for lesser deities like Innos. All gods had a stake in humanity now.

What better way to earn these new souls than to fight for them?

Starting AP: 2 AP
Create New Race: Humanity (2AP)
Humanity believe everything and fight over anything. They inherently believe that their belief is best and that all others are heathens to be destroyed - unless their belief teaches otherwise *coughmariacough*. They are regular humans in all other aspects. BRING ON THE HOLY WARS!

ArlEammon
2012-08-12, 12:46 PM
Ardun
In order to save the Humans from their Maker, Ardun knew that he was not quite as fit as the others. He was not the god of a natural element, in fact he was not able to have much empathy for the Humans because of their plight, or the orcs. Yet the humans were more in danger of death from other races. They were a mighty race, and they spread far, but a coalition of forces could destroy them all and end them as a threat once and for all. Despite Ardun's near inability to sympathize for them, he knew that to kill them, or for them to kill the others was wrong. Therefore he attempted to save them all through guidance.
Ardun himself came to a large tribe of Humans, attempting to teach them the way of knowledge. Dedicating themselves to knowledge and sophistication, rather than war. This should occupy their time with important things other than fighting. He hoped this idea would work.

2 AP
-2 Guide Population (Knowledge)
0 AP

Lady Tialait
2012-08-12, 03:49 PM
Void

The Bard watches the Humans created, such violent creatures, such passion. He wanted them to be so much more, they would know what it was to be as he was.

He watched them fighting and opened their ears to the sounds of battle, the beating of sticks and stones upon flesh, the thumping of bodies to the ground, the screaming of the injured. This was the sounds they were used to and it would be their music. Humanity were warrior born, and a simple song of greeting would not do their music must be that of war. He inspired them, and they slowly brought great drums to battle with them. Groups would chant, at first nonsense to sway the tides of battle, but later it was true songs. Humanity had been shown music. The songs brought forth much victory for them, and they thrived.

The Bard knew he was the one to bring this new found power to them, and they knew he could take it away from them. They had come to sing songs to the Bard, to teach him back what he had shown them. This worship swelled the Bard's power, he was no small traveler he was a God, a Lord of Creation.

Teach Populous (Humanity) Drums - 1
Teach Populous (Humanity) War Chants - 1
Nurious Populous (Humanity) Victory - 1
Divine Ascension - 2

Remaining AP - 1

Milo v3
2012-08-12, 08:04 PM
Ixen
Moros gazed at the humans. Each believing they are right. Each willing to do to prove they are right. They follow the gods.

He then noticed a small tribe in the northwest, in a valley surrounded by mountains. The people within were isolated, but they worshipped Moros.

Despite a group of mortals worshipping him, Moros wasn't happy. They couldn't spread misery because of their location. But what if they could escape?

Moros descended into the valley. Appearing before the Humans in his terrible form.

0 + 3 [Rollover] = 3 AP

HoodyC17
2012-08-12, 10:21 PM
Prelavius' body shifted and grew as power returned to her body. No longer could she hide among leaves and along the forest floor.

"Finally," she spoke with a hastened tone, "my strength has returned. But it seems once again my period of action will be brief."

She gazed at the tribes who worshipped her, her followers, groups of humans who wasted their lives fighting, killing and dying for what little they knew of her.

"These deeds do not honour me. Life, wasted with little meaning," she sighed in frustration, perhaps even sadness, before determination entered her tone, "But no more."

The stones of body dispersed, each turned to dust and covered each human tribe that wished to honour her as their diety. Then the dust faded and her followers were now anew. They no longer wished to aggressively spread their belief nor was there herecy within their ranks.

They united under the Terran banner and existed to follow two purposes. The first is to act as Prelavius' will and the second is the ensure the longevity of her creation, Ixen.

Rollover: +3AP
Create Organisation - Terran: 2AP
Guide Populace: 2AP

Steilos
2012-08-13, 03:23 AM
Pyxis cared little for the humans now warring across the continents. He knew only that blood was spilled, and that was good. However, he soon noticed some humans fighting less than the others, raising new banners and unifying. It seemed some gods had already moved up to the table, as it were. Well, it was time for him to make his move as well.

Several wandering groups of Pyxians barged into each other, but remarkably they did not fight. Instead they formed a fort against both the rampaging Furies and the other humans, and soon the symbol of Pyxis the Ever Changing was raised aloft the bloody banner. In exchange for being at a permanent state of war, Pyxis give them organisation and strength. But what is a warrior without his weapon?

Pyxis pondered this question for several days, before deciding that he should let them make up their own mind what they wanted to wield. And so, he waved his hand across his fort of humanity, burning the knowledge of basic metallugy into his brain and letting them figure out how to make weapons and armour from copper themselves.

Create Organisation: Conquest (2AP)
Teach Populace (Metallurgy. Stone age? What's that?)(1AP)
Remaining AP: 0

Milo v3
2012-08-13, 04:38 AM
The Dark Valley
Each human was frozen in place, feeling a cruel mixture of awe and terror.
"I am Moros. The Grim Lord of Darkness. You follow me as servants. Seeking to inflict suffering while keeping yourselves alive.

You have probably realised that you will only kill yourselves in the end. While this would slate my hunger for a time, I seek a feast. I shall grant you gifts, talents allowing you to travel from this Dark Valley and inflict doom upon outsiders.

Together you will bring misery to the world. Be subtle, do not simply murder, be cruel."

Swiftly thousands of slime coated tentacles slithered from the sphere of calamity. Each thrusted into the chest of a human.

Darkness flowed into their bodies like ink in water and tainted their bodies. Flesh turned pale. Eye and Hair colour shift to black. Blood and veins become black, appearing as a black web under the white skin.

But they were also changed in a more eldritch way. They could travel in a new way. By coming in contact with shadow they could appear out another.

3 -1 (Create Subrace: Nightblood) = 2 AP

HearTheRequiem
2012-08-13, 12:34 PM
The white-clad maiden looked down upon creation, and despaired.

"Can you see what you have wrought? Your creations seek to kill and destroy, and the land is itself toxic.

My children and I will have to heal the wounded and tend to the sick, I suppose."

With a wave of her hand, the Children of Mercy found themselves wiser, surrounded by blessings. This vine could be used to staunch a wound, that herb be used to dull pain. They knew themselves blessed, and they rejoiced.

Teach Populace: Medicine: 3 AP - 1 AP = 2 AP.

THEChanger
2012-08-13, 07:15 PM
Blood of Lightning
It had been many months since any among us had seen Enlil. After he failed his coming-of-age ceremony, Enlil fled the camp, determined to prove his worth. Despite the urging of many that he could simply attempt the ceremony again next year, Enlil simpy took his spear and vanished into the night.

But three days ago, he returned. With a strange fire in his eyes, he came into camp, riding upon the back of one of the Dire Wolves which populate our forest. He demanded to take the trials again, saying that he had been given a blessing by the Father, and knew the Father's name. The chieftan Cadwgan agreed.

Enlil completed the first two trials with ease. The Trial of Darkness had not proven difficult for Enlil before, and the Trial of Speed was easily accomplished with his new companion. Which left only the Trial of Fear. Ritual combat, where the challenger chose his opponent.

Enlil did what no one had ever done before. He challenged Chieftan Cadwgan. No one had been brave enough before to challenge their chieftan. But fight the two did.

Cadwgan was the more skilled combatant, and he played with Enlil for awhile. But Enlil grew angry, and angrier, and angrier, until he snapped. With a feral roar, Enlil dropped his spear and began to clobber Cadwgan with his fists. Each blow sounded with thunder, and sparked with lightning. Eventually, Cadwgan could no longer bear it, and fell, dead.

Enlil is our new chieftan. Such are the laws of our people, though many fear him. He has been in meeting with the elders and sages for sometime now. Whispers say we are preparing for war. I hope we are not.

~Iestyn, Orcish Scribe, in the Scrolls of Storm

Above Coedwig 'N Gyntaf, Caledur swirled and thundered. He watched as his people organized, tamed the beasts of the forest, and slowly began to expand. They were growing as a people, but they needed something more. They needed something to strive against. Adversity was the greatest teacher. And so, through the stratosphere, the Red Lightning called out to his new brother. Pyxis could aid him, could teach his people the art of war. And his creations, the humans, would provide the perfect opponent.

Start with 3 AP from last turn.
+3 AP from roll-over.
6 AP.
-2 AP: Create Populous
Forest Creatures
From cute deer to sly foxes to the mighty Dire Wolf, these are the beasts who live in temperate forests. Coedwig 'N Gyntaf is the largest example of such forests.
-1 AP: Teach Populous
Animal Husbandry
The art of domesticating animals, from livestock like pigs and sheep to guard animals like wolves to mounts. Orcs typically ride large Dire Wolves, which also share Coedwig 'N Gyntaf. They also enjoy the meat of the pig, and have made large headways in domesticating those animals.
-2 AP: Divine Creation
Ffromi 'N Tymestl: Lightning Bersek
The Orcs were not just born of the storm. The storm rages in their blood. And with the right training, or in born talent, they can channel that storm into their rage.
Orc who learn the Lightning Berserk style channel the lightning of the storm in their blood into every blow. Electricity courses out of their body, and into the bodies of their enemies. This also drives the orc into a furious rage, causing them to fight with little regard for their own safety, focusing entirely on ending those who oppose them.

1AP=6 AP-2 AP(Create Populous)-1 AP(Teach Populous)-2 AP(Divine Creation)

Steilos
2012-08-14, 04:59 PM
Pyxis felt the divine desire for warfare before he even heard the summons. So it was that Pyxis arrived and gazed upon the orcs, noting with approval the rage of their thunder-infused blood. But he had expended the divine power he had accumulated from the bloodshed of the past years with his blessings to the Human faction of Conquest, and had little to offer. He could, however, give power later, which he planned to do - although he would demand a price first.

His negotation, delivered through the storm by the same wordless means as the god he was addressing, came as thus: Once he had amassed power from the rising deathtoll across the world, he would grant the request in full - giving the Orcs a crash course in the arts of warfare and showing them the meaning of fighting. His price was a simple one - that the Orcs would take warfare and violence as one of their guiding principles, or at least that fraction of them were instilled into thinking such. His final assent was to the attack upon the Humans - what mattered was not the humans themselves, he explained, but rather the wars they fought.

The message caused several huge thunderstorms nearby the orcs. Pyxis was not a subtle negotiator.

Milo v3
2012-08-16, 10:53 PM
Granted there new gifts, several of the Nightbloods wandered into the darkness. Appearing on the other side of the mountain in the shade of a settlement.

Slowly the Nightbloods strided into the village. A village of the Terran.

HoodyC17
2012-08-17, 04:17 AM
Terran of Palik

When the Nightbloods approached, the Terran prepared a defense. Rocks, crude clubs and spears were raised to warn the alien creatures to not approach any further into their tribe.

Stones formed during the tension and once again the eight-legged body of Prelavius formed, but at the size of a human this time.

Milo v3
2012-08-17, 04:27 AM
The Nightbloods stopped, not expecting such hostilities.

"We do not seek combat. We seek help and refuge. Our bodies, Moros tainted our bodies."

HoodyC17
2012-08-17, 05:02 AM
Palik

The chieftain's gaze turned to Prelavius who gave him something akin to a nod. He lowered his weapon and everyone else followed. It was then that the goddess approached the Nightbloods.

"I apologise, but we must be wary, for it is certain that an attack will come and our defences weak, and I am too tired to be stop my kin if they do anything brash. You may be allowed to stay but," she spoke with a somber tone before wrath inched in, "if this turns out to be a trick, if you steal the lives of my followers, then you will incur the fury of the Earth Goddess upon your souls!"

The stones that formed her body vibrated wildly, her many eye glowed a deep red and Ixen, the world beneath her somehow roared in synchronization with it's mother's anger.

Then it all stopped in a single moment, all reverted to normal and Prelavius began to return to the center of the tribe.

"I'm sure you understand." She reverted to her somber tone but it felt somehow darker.

"Oh," she stopped and turned back at the Nightbloods before she spoke with a eerily cheerful voice, "please also understand that if this taint is found to be contagious, you will be thrown out. Okay?"

Lejosh
2012-08-17, 05:10 PM
Looking upon what all the others had done to the world, La Muerte decided it was time for him to create his collectors of souls.

Looking upon the world he found a large village of Humans who worshipped him. La Muerte came down to them in his form at human size and spoke to them. "For all of your devotion to me, I shall reward some of you, I will make you immortal, turning you into the ones who will bring me the souls of the dammed for their eternal punishment."

With these words, several strands extended from La Muerte's body aiming at the villagers. 50 villagers were touched by them and all of them transformed, shreading their skin and flesh till they beacme skeletons. As they all stood tall from the tops of their head a blanket of shadows emerged and engulfed their body giving them a cloak of darkness that would allow them to step between this plane and the underworld and the ability to appear where they wished in this one.

"You chosen ones, you are now Reapers" La Muerte said as he disappeared to his resting place above the world to watch everything once more.

Rollover - 0+3=3AP
Create Subrace 3-1=2AP

THEChanger
2012-08-17, 08:49 PM
Caledur simply released the feeling of consent towards his brother, and returned to the great mountain in the center of his domain. In the highest part of the stratosphere, the very peak of his mount, Caledur carved a throne of red stone, and was there seated. The massive storm twirled and crashed together, enveloping the entirety of the First Forest in shadow. And, ever busy, Chieftan Enlil moved through the forest, speaking with the other chieftans, spreading word of the humans. Vile, digusting, corrupted he called them, creatures of weakness, who deserved to have their land taken from them. They were weak, and the weak must perish, to make way for the strong.

And, more and more, the orcs felt the lightning in their blood sizzle. And more and more, the orcs prepared for war.

Steilos
2012-08-18, 04:33 PM
Pyxis replied in the same, and vanished into the forests of the world, searching out not just Conquest, but the humans on the coast as well. A tough people, they had weathered the onslaught of the Water Furies for countless decades.

Chieftain Ormag of the Conquest Clan felt a irresistible call for blood rushing through his veins as an apparation of the crushing rock, the roaring flame, the allmighty tide and the unstoppable wind appeared before him. "YOUR WORSHIP DOES ME CREDIT," thundered the war-god, "BUT TO TRULY HONOUR ME YOU MUST TEST YOURSELF AND YOUR PEOPLE ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE."

"What.. what must I do, my lord?" the chieftain managed, stuttering out the words against the mind-hazing urge to KILL.

"THE ORCS OF THE ISLANDS HAVE NOT BEEN WARRED UPON YET. WHY IS THIS?" came the overwheling intensity of Pyxis' voice.

"We.. have not had a reason, oh l-"

" A REASON? A REASON!?"Ormag gave a strangled cry as the rage of a thousand warriors pressed against his chest. "THE CHILDREN OF PYXIS REQUIRE NOT A REASON TO FIGHT! YOU ARE MY ACOLYTES OF WAR, MY MESSENGERS. YOU. WILL. FIGHT! GO NOW, AND DESTROY THE ORCS OF THE ISLANDS. SO COMMANDS PYXIS!"

Without another word, Ormag ran off into the fort, calling up the troops and preparing them for war. Pyxis himself floated back up to the sky to watch the coming battle from above. The next part of the plan would come soon enough, as soon as he had power to lend to the orcs...

Snowfire
2012-08-21, 07:01 PM
Existence came...suddenly for it. It was strange really. Becoming. Realising your own existence. But...what was it? Power, yes. Fate? A strange word. Frightening and exhilarating at the same time. Was that what she was?

Oh! She was a she now. That was nice. Now what to do.

She looked down on the planet below her, peeking out of the void and watching the creation that her brothers and sisters had made. The rising conflict and storms and only a very few trying to hold against it.

No. That would not do. A wind swirled in the void, flowing down into the air of Ixen.

Balance.

Peace.

Calm.

It fell further and further, passing past the clouds to dance and whirl about the mountains, skating down through valleys to waltz amongst the trees within. And onward, onward came the feeling that she was compelled to bring to this world spinning out of control.

SERENITY

The world warped, power crackling in Her wind as it swept over it. Here and there sparks exploded into day or night, flowering incandescent in the skies and falling slowly.

And she saw them, saw the lost pieces of herself, and swept them up again in her wind - except she could no longer take them back to herself.

What to do...what to do...I know!

The wind intensified, swirling around the sparks of no longer falling light, fanning their brightness and power.

Oh falling stars,
Essence of the divine,
Come to my hands,
And be reborn.

Your power is mine,
But your selves are your own.
And in that I give you a gift greater than any other.

Blazing light exploded across the skies of Ixen, and the sparks grew. Winds of their own coalesced around them, turning them into whirlwinds of white fire. And then they dropped from their mother's grasp, falling across the skies like homesick meteors to create a new people.

And from the sites of their impact slowly, oh so slowly, spread the Keepers. Beings of law, chaos and all between - yet of light alone in their intent. They were special, they always would be. For they were molded by the hands of a God, from her own forgotten essence. And that light would never fade.

Divine Creation: Serenity. Power from enlightenment, from learning to ask of Fate and know that it will answer. Will form the basis of Ceryna's own unique magic.

Create Populace: Keepers. The first wielders of Ceryna's Gift of Serenity, it being an integral part of what they are. They are intrinsically aware of Fate and its eddies around them, allowing them a great deal of inborn and untrained control over it.

Gain Portfolio Element: Serenity

6-2-2-2 = 0 AP

St. Justicar
2012-08-21, 08:57 PM
Ixen

Appearing in a great burst of fire in the sky, Thraskgren flapped his great wings for the first time, and looked around the creation of his siblings. At first he was pleased, as he saw constant conflict and bloodshed between all the creatures of the world. But as he looked closer he saw that the conflict seemed to be never-ending, as the groups were equal and there was no true victor.

Disturbed, he set about creating at least an region where the world worked correctly. With a great roar and pillar of fiery breath, he burned a a large stretch of plains (and everything living in it) into a field of obsidian and fire. Flying through it, he reached down with his great claws and began moulding the land, smashing together vast mountains of black glass and valleys rich and fertile with volcanic ash. Looking at his isolated and perilous kingdom, Thraskgren was satisfied, and set about populating it with with plants and animals. However, as seed took roots and packs of lizards and direwolves were born and adapted into the environment, they became more violent and brutal, larger and with longer claws and sharper teeth. For the tribes of humans unlucky enough to have found their way through the mountains to the more habitable volcanic valleys, this was not good, and life became a constant struggle to survive until the next generation was raised and maintain an equilibrium with the viscous landscape.

Thraskgren looked upon this and was pleased. All that was left was a true apex predator, one who could dominate their prey without effort and rule the natural world without question. Of course, the only form possibly appropriate for such creatures was his on image, and so he stood at the peak of the tallest mountain, and let out a massive torrent of flame, burning and melting and twisting lesser peaks until new forms appeared in the flames, less creatures in the image of their God. Only the size of a men now, they would grow in size and power as long as their was food and territory for them. After the first flight of ten thousand dragons has appeared and set out to find meals and territory (and rapidly began fighting each other for those necessities), Thraskgren sat back satisfied, and rested.

6-1 (mould land)-2 (create Dragons)-1 create sub-race (? Creating more powerful and bestial breeds of natural animals and plants)=2

Milo v3
2012-08-21, 09:21 PM
Terran Village
The Nightbloods helped within the town, slowly gaining trust, but waiting...
Waiting until they were seen as a threat no longer.

Void
Moros rose into the sky, surrounding himself in darkness, then a burst of light shone around his flesh. Its radiance drained the heat from the tendril orb, shards of ice forming upon the ooze which dripped from within.

His sense of Loathing overwhelmed the Serenity which was arising within him.

Keepers and Dragons.

The Keepers, were bright. They were wights of light. I cannot warp them.

The Dragons, they are warm. They are wights of flame. It will be hard to pervert, but possible.

The abomination twisted to view over the Dragons.

2 + 3 (Rollover) = 5 AP

St. Justicar
2012-08-21, 09:30 PM
Sensing one of his siblings nearby, Thraskgren was roused from his rest. Rising from the mountain cavern he had been slumbering in, he flew to the edge of his domain and roared out a greeting Brother! What brings you to my land?

Milo v3
2012-08-21, 09:39 PM
"Those "Things" you formed. They will survive at the cost of other species. They will be fear to the mortals. But I wonder. How will they survive against the mortals of the other gods. How will they defeat the Nightbloods?

Simple claws and fangs are not enough."

St. Justicar
2012-08-21, 09:51 PM
Thraskgren snorted in amusement, an effect enhanced by the fire and smoke billowing from his nostrils. Claws and Fangs to hunt and kills, wings to to find their prey, and fire to destroy those who would stand against them. How would your nightbloods hunt them in these mountains? How would they do anything but hide and run?

Milo v3
2012-08-21, 09:55 PM
"The only true weapon your creatures have against the Nightbloods is flame. For they can pass through even the smallest shadow. They can even choose to pass only certain parts through, attacking from the darkness while remaining safe."

HoodyC17
2012-08-21, 10:05 PM
Prelavius flinched when Thraskgen's roar reached Palik. Her brothers trouble her with worries. This conflict... Will it end peacefully? Or will they tear Ixen apart through their conflicts? And if the latter was true how will she stop them? The Terran?

She returned her attention back to her followers. Watched their vulnerability and mortality. She found their weaknesses adorable but they can't defend her Ixen, no, for now she will have to depend on her own strength.

The top of her cephalothorax, the front part of her body, burst open. A hand reach out and it was followed by the arm it was connected to as it dragged itself out. Eventually they upper half of a human maiden was visible above the stone spider and she was attached from below the abdomen to the thorax. Although the human part of her was beautiful, it was also strange and odd. She had black scales for skin, white long hair, glowing amber pupils and although she possessed human mamaries she lacked their anatomically correct nipples.

She then left her speechless followers and approached her youngest brother and Moros.

Rollover: +4AP
Physcial Evolution: -3AP
Remaing AP: 1AP

St. Justicar
2012-08-21, 10:06 PM
Thraskgren nods his head Yes, fire is the birthright my scions for just that reason. It cleanses the world of those who stand against the correct order of the world.

Somewhat troubled by the abominations words, he tilts his head curiously and continues So how would you suggest me children protect themselves then?

Seeing his sister approach, he calls out agreeting in suprise, saying Sister! what have I done to merit such attention?

Milo v3
2012-08-21, 10:18 PM
"You granted them the ability to kill most without effort. This would be fine. But it will make some weaker, as they will get lazy and a skilled weakling may slaughter it. I suggest you grant it something which rather than kills others, prevents your beasts from failing.

Not a weapon. But a shield."

St. Justicar
2012-08-21, 10:21 PM
The great dragon replies puzzled They have scales stronger then any mortal armour yet produced, what more a shield would they need?

Milo v3
2012-08-21, 10:50 PM
"In even the beast armour, there are gaps or holes, perfect for a dagger. A shield on the other hand can be moved. Repositioned. When used correctly the shield can function as armour without a gap. If you combine skilled use of a shield with the perfect armour, then you are a true threat.

Now your beasts have weapons, armour, and mobility. But they are Apex Predators. They have no need to learn to correctly use a shield. For now...

But what happens when the Orcs find the cast of scales and use them to form armour? What happens when the Nightbloods learn to position themselves so you cannot strike them? What happens when the Terran no longer fear your beasts?

Your monsters will not advance, they wont see any reason to. And thus they will fall. Grant them a shield now, force them to try and use it, and they will be able to adapt.

If they adapt, they will become stronger and the prey becomes stronger. The armour may remain the same, but defenses will improve."

St. Justicar
2012-08-21, 11:04 PM
Thraskgren is starting to grow agitated, swishing his tail around and snorting flame and he flew and circled Moros You speak of "shields" Well what would these shields be? And why would my scions not adapt? they must compete with each other and if some are driven off by inconsiderate prey, the stronger and more clever will take their territory and kill their slayer.

Swooping down to Prelavius, he addresses her And sister, what can do for you?

HoodyC17
2012-08-21, 11:06 PM
She tilted her human head, folded her arms.

"Please do not let me interrupt your discussion," she spoke for the first time with lips, her voice now sweet and gentle lnstead of echos of stones, "I shall wait."

THEChanger
2012-08-22, 12:43 AM
Deep Within Coedwig 'N Gyntaf, at Clanmoot
The full moon rose high above the forest, and in doing so, signaled the start of Clanmoot, when the Orcish clans gathered in the ancient birthing place of their people to discuss grievances and matters of importance to all the clans. The recently risen Chieftan Enlil of the Gnashtooth Clan currently held the Speaker's Staff, and cleared his throat.

"Brothers! Sisters! A grave threat approaches our lands! Coedwig 'N Gyntaf is under attack by outsiders. Pale skinned warriors who carry weapons of glittering stone, harder, sharper than even our finest crafted spears. They are vicious, methodical, and without mercy. I witnessed myself as a band of these hoomons slew two of my men-after they had been captured and stripped of their arms. These hoomons are a threat to all the clans, and must be repelled. I thus call for a declaration of War-Hunt upon the hoomons. They will destroy the clans. And they are many. Many more than the Gnashtooth alone can defeat. Under any other circumstance, I would not ask this of you, fellow chieftains. But we need your help."

Umbranar
2012-08-22, 02:37 AM
Terran Village

Arash walked among the others of his kin. The humans helped sheltered the Nightbloods and helped them. Pleased to see the coöperation he wandered what his dreams ment. In his dreams he saw creations, gods? He did not know for sure but they were powerful and he felt...connected somehow.

As he passed the people greeted, he did not blend in well. He was atleast 1 foot taller then the others and was the only warrior who fought without armor and weapon. He did not like fighting but he had to defend himself sometimes. Since last week he felt something inside him. It was not sickness but some sort of energy. It was strange and powerful and kept him from sleeping at night. Strangely he did not sleep much as of late never feeling the need to. Also his hunger, thirst and pain had gone. What would have caused agony to others felt like a little pinch to him. What has happened to him?

He continued on home and decided to think about all of this and pray to their creator. Maybe he would find the answer to his question if he could calm his mind.

Prelavius, guide me in these troublesome times. The world around us is changing fast and so do we. May your wisdom be a part of us, may your strength drive us to greatness. I am your humble servant.

With that prayer, Arash felt the energy within him calming and the world seemed like a far, far away place.

Since Arash is human and you created the Terran, he prays to his creator. Hopefully you can pick this up Roguesnyder and do something epic with it :P At this point, Arash does not understand he is a Demigod.

Steilos
2012-08-22, 04:11 PM
Good. Everyone moving against each other. Acting against his actions, cancelling out his wars, and trying to bring peace to a shattered world. This was also good, for in opposing the spread of war they opposed Pyxis, and to the Drummer of the Dying victory and defeat meant completely different things than they did to the rest of Creation.

He had but to keep up his end of the bargain, now, which he did with aplomb and not a trace of subtlety. Closing his eyes, he agitated the Wind and Fire Furies within him to roil up a storm above a certain Chieftain Enlil's head, before streaking down a bolt of blood-red lightning directly into the Chieftain's head. There was a massive explosion outwards followed by a wave of mental pressure.

When the smoke cleared, everyone was unharmed somehow. But... things were different. Pyxis had branded each and every one of Enlil's clan with the knowledge of warfare. They knew how to fight, and how to fight well. Martial arts had come to the world, although the Pyxian school was more a primal force than a martial art.

As Pyxis looked down at himself, he could see a change almost immediately. It would not be much longer before he assumed the form of the new dragons, being as they were the mightiest beings alive. Raising his hand, he caused a massive landbridge to thunder out of the sea, connecting the Orcs to the mainland - and to the Humans on the other side. Conquest had already prepared a massive host, but it would take fifteen days to reach the Orcs.

Fifteen days and counting till the Orcs get their war.

Starting AP: 3AP
1AP: Teach Populace (Pyxian School of Combat)
The Pyxian school of martial arts is not truly an art as much as a mindset, a fountain from which more refined fighting styles grow. Adherents of the Pyxian doctrine learn the most efficient and brutal way of killing someone first, and then build from there into defense and offense, although the heart of the art will always be in taking the offensive. It also teaches flexiblity of weaponry and how to make use of anything you have or anything around you to utilise as a weapon. It has no true form, in fact it encourages developing several false forms purely to throw opponents off. There are no rules in Pyxian duels, and they are always to the death
1AP: Mold Land(Orc-Human Landbridge)
Remaining AP: 1AP
Remaining AP: 2AP

Snowfire
2012-08-22, 05:06 PM
And yet Fate moves in...strange ways. War and conflict are all parts of its greater scheme, bringing to fruition an inescapable future that not even Ceyrna could really escape. But that was not to say that she - or her Chosen - could not change the path to that future. And whilst she was drained from her exertions already, her people were not. They had made no great effort of will yet. Now would be a time to start.

The winds of fury rose at the command of her brother, twisting and whirling to create something that could only destroy. The landbridge rose, stone tearing and rippling to form a great pathway for those winds to clash upon. The host of humanity marched, weapons glinting in the light of the sun.

But against them, against the rising fury of stormblood and conquest, an unyielding hurricane all of its own whirled into being. Keepers snapped into being at the centre of the landbridge in scores and dozens, their knowledge of Fate aiding in their quest to halt - if only for a time - the oncoming storms of war. Light erupted across the bridge, Questions echoing across the fabric of reality to spread the will of the Keeper's mother. And whilst no direct answer came, the Keepers felt her in the winds around them, knew her in the answers that replied unbound to their calls. Their Questions were simple, and almost all to the same end. And as the army of man marched forward, the first of those Questions was answered.

A blazing pillar of light burst unrepentant into the sky, climbing relentless into the heavens from which its creators heralded. Fate answered the Questions asked of it. And the answer was yes. Serene light washed over the assembling hosts, pouring through them like water. And the Keeper's Gift shone forth in all its glory.

War had no purpose nor need thereof. The Keepers offered a way out.

Come to us, said that pillar. Come to us, accept your emotions, master their power. And be at peace.

Steilos
2012-08-22, 05:31 PM
The army stopped in confusion as something other than bloodlust pierced through it. For one rapturous moment, they looked around, questioning why they were clutching so tightly their instruments of murder, why they wanted to kill the Orcs, why they had to go to war at all. It almost seemed like the Keepers would have their way. The first man took a faltering step towards the light, ready to embrace serenity once and for all.

But for Pyxis, this would not do. Keepers or no keepers he could not allow this foolishness to go on one more second. Heat roiled over the landscape as the Furies immediately began tearing into each other, the first and only early warning of the coming of the Conflict. Seconds later, Pyxis had smashed to the ground in an inferno of hatred, a wave of fire rushing out over the entire world. For a brief, agonizing instant, the sky was aflame as Pyxis raised his burning copper greatsword, wreathed in emerald flame, and leveled it at the head Keeper as the humans stared on, paralyzed by the apparance of their father.

"NO WARRIOR OF PYXIS SHALL GO WITH YOU, AND THIS WAR WILL CONTINUE!" Pyxis thundered, towering over everyone else at at least 80 metres tall as the sword flickered menacingly. "YOU WILL CEASE YOUR MEDDLING OR YOU WILL CEASE TO EXIST. THE CHOICE IS YOURS."

Snowfire
2012-08-22, 05:57 PM
The Keepers looked straight back at Pyxis, their beacon of truth and serenity never faltering, and spoke. There was no head, no leader, such a thing was utterly unnecessary. One voice, crafted of many. That was what replied.
"And by what right do you have to call these your warriors. You have given them no choice, no ability to choose their Fate. Continue this war may, but if it does-"

"-their Fate should be chosen without beguilement." Ceryna's voice echoed over that of her children, her tone alone seeming to crack again the haze of rage incited by Conflict. Then wind erupted around the pillar born of the Keeper's power, silver and sapphire blazing in its heart. Her brother would have his conflict. But its setting was still undecided.

A great ephemeral form blasted into being between the Keepers and Pyxis, wings of elegant light sweeping out as Ceryna descended to talk with her brother.

Picture! (http://www.flash-screen.com/free-wallpaper/uploads/201010/icos/1288080129.jpg)

One hand gently shifted the flaming sword aside, azure light cloaking it against emerald fire. And her voice was as unyielding as Pyxis' was determined.

"Let them chose brother. Let them make their choice in freedom. Conflict will come. But if it comes freely, it will be all the greater."

Steilos
2012-08-22, 06:29 PM
Pyxis lowered his sword. He knew that if the Humans did not attack, the Orcs would, and that calmed him down somewhat. "THEY HAVE ALREADY CHOSEN. THEY PLEDGED THEIR LIVES TO ME BEFORE I CAME TO THEM." he boomed, causing some rocks to dislodge from his face.

He gestured to the world around him. "THAT WAS THEIR CHOICE. THEY WORSHIPPED WAR, THEY EMBRACED THE CONFLICT INHERENT IN THEIR EXISTENCE. IT IS YOU, SISTER, WHOSE KEEPERS ARE IMPRINTING THEM WITH SERENITY THEY NEVER ASKED FOR."

Milo v3
2012-08-22, 06:46 PM
Moros was happy he inspired anger in the beastly god.
"It seems as though you will not understand what I mean by the idea of a shield. It is disappointing. I hoped that your creations might actually be a threat."

Lejosh
2012-08-22, 06:52 PM
Coming down from above the world, La Muerte headed towards Ixen, towards where Moros and Thraskgren were arguing.

"My brothers, i must ask you each a question that is one in the same. My Underworld is being inhabited by only humans, but i wish to add more variety to my new world. May i have both your permissions to send the dead souls of the evil and retched of both Nightbloods and Dragons to this plane, where they shall suffer for all eternity?"

Rollover 2+3=5

Snowfire
2012-08-22, 07:16 PM
Ceryna raised an elegant eyebrow at Pyxis' words, then laughed gently as he continued. She shook her head, extending her hands towards her brother in a gesture of friendship.

"And yet, when they are offered a choice that does not require them to die at your whim, they falter unless you force them back into line." The sparkling winds swirled onward, cinders of peace flowing out from them like a soft fragrance. "The does not strike me as a true choice, brother. My Keepers do not force, they cannot. They simply give another option."

She tilted her head, a gently smile tugging at her lips, and then barked a short laugh.

"So I propose to you thus. Let those who might wish to walk the path of Serenity walk with my Keepers from this place. I will not stop the conflict you hunger for, for it is fated as truly as our own creation. No, instead I would ask that only those who truly desire that fate to meet it." She shattered around her brother, folding down until she was barely larger then the humans as she moved towards them, and then addressed them.

"You have seen what I offer, children of war." She said, her voice washing their minds clear of the bloodlust that had clouded it for so long. ""I now offer you another option. Come with my children, learn the ways of serenity and peace. Or return to my brother's side as dealers of destruction. The choice is yours." She turned back to her brother, eyes flashing with adamant will. "And yours alone.

St. Justicar
2012-08-22, 07:25 PM
Replying to Moros Thraskgren says So what would you suggest then? State your idea if I seem to be misunderstanding it

Turning to La Muerte he says What is "evil" and how would you judge it?

Steilos
2012-08-22, 07:40 PM
And with that, the army was riven in half. Half of the warriors walked towards the keepers, while the other half shook their heads and began to march forward, coming to a screeching halt when they realised what was happening. "VERY WELL. THEIR CHOICE SHALL BE RESPECTED." Pyxis echoed as the troops looked at their serene counterparts in a state of confusion.

But it did not take long for them to realise what they were seeing. Beliefs were altered, but the will to die for them did not fade from the hearts of the Pyxian loyal. Confusion turned to realisation turned to fury, and their faces began to twist with rage as they picked up the weapons of their former comrades and began muttering to themselves. "BUT CHOICES HAVE A CONSEQUENCE. THOSE WHO STAY LOYAL TO ME STAY LOYAL TO MY WAY." Pyxis explained as the men set upon their former comrades with blade and spear, trying to annihilate them before they reached the pillar of light. "AND MY WAY IS WAR." he finished as the battle started.

Lejosh
2012-08-22, 08:21 PM
"'Evil' is when someone is doing something that they really shouldn't, for example, murdering people without reason, destroying buildings, causing great wars and terrible acts of violence." La Muerte says, trying his best to explain the terminology to Thraskgren. "And they will not be judged on what they are doing when they die, or small things from thier childhood, but they will be judged on their whole life, the sum of things they do in their life, how they respond to different situations and what they do when presented with opportunities." putting a smirk on his mouth La Muerte then says "But there will always be some who are evil from all races."

HoodyC17
2012-08-22, 08:57 PM
La Muerte's arrival had ceased Prelavius' silence. Six of her eyes, both of her human eyes and four of her six spider eyes on her stone body flickered to the newest arrival.

"Is this 'underworld' flexible?" Prelavius still found the name strange but she had more important questions for thje reaper god. "Say a child was raised believing the evils he has or will caused was for good or say he or she performed thousands atrocities because it is the only way of life they were taught. Say this individual was a pawn of our loud brother Pyrix for example?"

Lejosh
2012-08-22, 09:09 PM
Turning to Prelavius, La Muerte says "In those cases there can be flexability, but on the cases where someone has been raised in such an environment but seen good and knows what it is and has chosen not to change, there will be consiquences. But there are things no amount of good can help you with, such as killing innocents and children, the elderly and those who pose no threat to them. But for not knowing any better and never knowing of better, then if they can be cleansed then they will be forgiven."

St. Justicar
2012-08-22, 09:18 PM
Thraskgren snorts Dragons are predators, they kill to survive. Why should they be punished for that? It is only the correct way of things.

Milo v3
2012-08-22, 11:11 PM
Spinning towards La Muerte.
"So your system will be biased upon your view of evil, not ours."

puppyavenger
2012-08-22, 11:38 PM
Thraskgren nods in agreement Indeed, what do your sins have to do my dragons? Why should their power and predation be constrained? If I am going to allow your request, I will demand that the dragons are judged by their own criteria, or that they do not suffer in this afterlife, and may instead merely continue to live as they did.

Lejosh
2012-08-23, 01:12 AM
Addressing everyones concerns La Muerte says"everyone will be judged by the same system, but it will not be a bias system towards different races. On a universal state i will create a judging system which will give you a level of evil deeds you have done in your life."

Turning towards Prelavius he says "If i could ask you to also create a system for good deeds, as you are probably one of the better of us and can create a system of good deeds to give them a score, then we will minus my evil score from your good score for everything they have done in their lives. If their score is a positive, then they are good, and can be rewarded if someone decides to create a place for people who are good to go for eternal enlightenment, if they are negative then they are evil and will be punished."

Milo v3
2012-08-23, 01:20 AM
"So nearly all the Orcs and Dragons will count as evil.

Nope. Can't see any flaws in this wonderful plan."

Lejosh
2012-08-23, 01:31 AM
"Moros, you love sufferng, i though u would like this whole idea"

Just an fyi, i have read books where dragons have been good same as orks so your logic is flawed Moros, as long as they have freedom of choice, same as humans, then they should be able to know the difference between good and evil, even if they grew up being evil.

Milo v3
2012-08-23, 01:40 AM
"Yes. I do. But this doesn't satisfy me. There must be intent behind the suffering. It must be subtle. This is too direct."

Also, these orcs and dragons are different to those from books you have read. In a previous game I created dragons which lacked legs and tried to slaughter and sentient they came across.

These orcs are born to wage war, these dragons are born to slay other creatures with skill and ferocity. To condem them to hell for simply being the default of there race is a pretty low blow.

Even evil has standards. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvenEvilHasStandards)

puppyavenger
2012-08-23, 01:48 AM
And why would I condemn my dragons for being exactly as I intended them to be?

Yeah, the dragons are sapient in terms of problem solving ability and the like, but they're all essentially incapable of altruism or long term relationships that involve more complex social interaction then herding cattle.

HoodyC17
2012-08-23, 02:38 AM
Prelavius chuckled nervously at La Muerte's flattering comment.

"'Better of us?' No, I'm afraid I cannot help you as I don't perceive myself as a good god. Any good deeds or charitable acts I perform will not be for the sake others. And I must admit I do envy you, all of you." She took a shallow breath before speaking in a hushed whisper. "To be so sure, to be so certain of yourself and your own beliefs... It is something I lack, something I wish to have for I am lost."

Umbranar
2012-08-23, 04:52 AM
Terran Village

Arash his prayers remained unanswered. It was not strange, the gods have their own agenda`s. In his trance Arash received disturbing vision. Armies on the march, humans turning to eachother after divine beings had discussed different paths: one of war and one of pease. Why would they turn on eachother for such a simple choise? Who are these keepers?

Arash opened his eyes...

Orc-Human Landbridge, in the middle of the Fray

Arash was suddenly there, the exact spot of his visions.
He did not notice the scream behind him untill the blade hit him.
Instead of breaking skin, the sword shattered and the man wielding it fell down. Arash looked down at the man and the shattered blade. How could this be? The next attacker was quickly disabled by a quick punch to the head.
Arash stood their, unarmed and unarmored making no sense of it all. Screams of pain and agony could be heard, battlecries were shouted.

"STOP THIS MADNESS!" Arash shouted, louder than a common man could. His voice was heard across the whole battlefield and probably beyond. Strange waves of energy illuminated his form as he stood there. The strange feeling in his stumach was gone. The power no longer trapped within his body. "STOP THE SENSELESS SLAUGHTER" Arash repeated as he walked up to the warmongers, knocking some of them out of the way back into their own line as he passed.

AP: 6
-3 Evolve Physicly
AP left: 3

Lejosh
2012-08-23, 06:32 AM
La Muerte smiles a he says to both Moros and Thraskgren "Ah yes, but the two of you only see the begining. You dont see the potential in what can be brought about with ever single evil creature, hiden away in the one place. You dont see, that after we grow the forces of evil in one place, and torture them, make them hate this world, and all who inhabit it, for living in happiness and peace, while they suffer for thousands upon millions of years. Make them argier and fill them with so much more hatred. Then, finally, release them, upon this world, what do you think will happen then? How do you think the world will defend itself against billions of evil creatures all sent upon it at the same time? What do you think about my plan then? With the knowledge that in time, your creatures will rule all of the world?"

Milo v3
2012-08-23, 06:41 AM
The horrific mass of doom gripped at the air around it, dragging itself towards the lord of the afterlife.
"But there lies a flaw. With the fear of damnation, they will likely be reluctant to spread misery. Slowly, the spread of calamity will diminish.

Perhaps a compromise."

You could sense a sick and horrible smirk from Moros, it was even more disgusting to behold since he lacked any features.

Snowfire
2012-08-23, 07:05 AM
Ceyrna nodded to her brother as he unleashed his faithful, then smiled.
"Very well, but if you are to set your chosen loose, then mine will protect those who would come to them."

The Keepers stepped forward, light pouring from their eyes, their hands, their mouths, rushing outwards in a wave of radiance that crashed down over the conflict erupting in front of them. And as the newly formed Demigod of Protection stepped across the world to do what his existence demanded of him, the Keepers acted to protect those who had chosen the way of peace.

Walls of cool, brilliant energy rose along the line of battle, carefully controlled bulwarks of light crafted as a shield for the unarmed. Sanctuary for the short time until they reached the beacon and could be transported to safety.

But the beacon itself, that remained. And as Ceryna's form dissipated into the wind, its effects turned themselves towards the Orcs. Offering the same choice as it did the humans.

puppyavenger
2012-08-23, 10:48 AM
The great dragon circles the small group of gods in the air, again looking agitated And why would I want my dragons to be hateful? Hate is an emotion for the prey. Make your prison for the dead of the lesser races if you'd like, but I will not condemn mine to it.

Steilos
2012-08-23, 03:02 PM
Pyxis was not at all surprised when the Keepers moved to protect their own. What his dear sister did not seem to grasp was that for all her serenity and words of peace, she was acting in conflict to him, she was fighting him, and the Keepers were acting in opposition to the Conquerors. Ideas could fight just as well as blades, Pyxis reasoned. This meant, he admitted, that his sister was an actual threat because actually physically trying to fight fighting itself was regarded as nothing more than a particularly amusing form of worship by Pyxis. Trying to abolish war itself.... he would have to do something about that.

What surprised him was the Demigod of Protection suddenly barreling into this whole mess.

"WHAT IS THIS? WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU INTERFERING?" the Conflict demanded, his eyes locked upon the interloper and flaming greatsword leveled at the speck on the ground once more.

Lejosh
2012-08-23, 05:52 PM
Signing at his brothers opposition to his suggestion La Muerte says "This is of course, your own choice, and i will not argue with what i see to be a lost cause. I was just hoping to have dragons leading soldiers onto the battle field and destroying the castles of our enemies, giving them more room to hunt, and slaves for them to rule."

Turning towards Moros he says "We can discuss how things will be done in the underworld now if you wish. If not, I shall need to go and talk to some of the other gods of our kin about my plans."

Milo v3
2012-08-23, 07:58 PM
"I shall accompany you to this 'afterlife' you have forged."

THEChanger
2012-08-23, 11:03 PM
Two Rollovers accrued, which means a total of seven AP.
Clanmoot

Lightning struck and winds howled as the Clanmoot was struck by this strange storm summoned by the Conflict. Chieftan Enlil could feel his mind being prodded, entered, enhanced. He understand combat now, in a fundamental way he did not before. It was a part of him, an art more than anything else now. He turned his face to the sky and let out a feral roar. "You see! The All-Father has sent the storm as a symbol of his favor, and given us a new skill to face our enemies. I tell you this because I know the All-Father's name, and that name is CALEDUR THE RED LIGHTNING!" As Chieftan Enlil spoke the name of the creator of the orcs, a final bolt of red lightning fell. It engulfed the Chieftan in its brilliance, and as the onlooked protected their eyes, an ominous hum filled the air. Then, all was silent.

The other Chieftans were the first to open their eyes once more, and all drew a gasp at once. For Chieftan Enlil had changed. His form had grown, a full head taller than any other orc present at Clanmoot, and his skin glowed a soft red. His hair too was the color of blood, and his eyes burned with fire and rage. "I am High Chieftan Enlil, blessed by the Red Lightning. I am chosen by our All-Father to lead his people into battle. Prepare yourselves. We go to war." All present knelt on one knee before their new High Chieftan, and soon thereafter Clanmoot was disbanded.

Several Weeks Later, at the edge of Coedwig 'N Gyntaf
High Chieftan Enlil gazed out towards the newly formed land bridge. The first hoomons had been blown here by the winds of fate, in crude boats meant only for fishing. Now, by some foul magic, they had connected Coedwig 'N Gyntaf to the mainland, and even now marched towards the orcish homeland. Enlil turned his dire wolf about, and rode back to the main camp. An army of hoomons even now marches towards us. Prepare yourself my warriors. Soon we ride to battle." But, as the orcs approached the edge of the forest, a brilliant light shone outwards, calling to them and filling their mind with strange, painful images. "What foul magic is this? Back, back to the safety of the trees!" Slinking back beyond the shinning beacon, the orcs glowered towards the land bridge, waiting for the hoomons to strike.

Alright.
Raise Chieftan Enlil to Divine Hero, -3 AP, which leaves me with four.

The orcs do not react well to Ceyrna's light. Battle and conflict are in their blood, every orc is born knowing how to fight to a certain degree, and the desire to test themselves is deeply ingrained in orcish psychology. None of this fits very well with Ceyrna's philosophy, and I have a hard time imagining any significant amount of orcs being attracted to the beacon.

4 AP=7 AP-3 AP(Create Divine Hero: High Chieftan Enlil)

puppyavenger
2012-08-24, 12:17 AM
Agitated, Thraskgren growls a reply to the god of death. My dragons can accomplish anything they wish without the driving fear of you Underworld in the back of their mind. And I will not condemn them to an eternity of torture simply for being as they should, even if it would serve some higher end.

Agitated and somewhat worried, he flew to the peak of the tallest mountain and looked down on his domain. As he watched, he was satisfied, as the beasts of the earth devoured each other and the species of prey, who them selves consumed and were occasionally consumed by the plants. But speaking with the other gods had made him somewhat worried of what would happen if the world around left his paradise behind, or tried to destroy it. And so he let out a great roar, which could be heard by everything within the mountains, calling to the Dragons to be fruitful and expand, to seek new territories outside the mountains, full of weak and soft prey. And so they did.

Heading the call immediately was a few dozen adult dragons and several times that adolescents, but soon every generation would see many adolescent dragons, too weak to carve out a territory from other dragons but strong enough to escape, fly out into the world. Soon enough every range of mountains or steep hills had dragons lairing in them, and making life for any civilization around them pretty unbearable.

Lejosh
2012-08-24, 02:18 AM
Ixen

Looking at Thraskgren La Muerte says "I meant no offence my brother, maybe someday we can organise a treaty between the two of us and the creatures we control."

Then turning to Moros, La Muerte says "Follow me." And with that La Muerte walked through from Ixen to the Underworld.

The Underworld

As La Muerte entered his own realm, he looked over his world, seeing mainly humans and the visits from his reapers, La Muerte decided he needed more creatures in this world. And with that he rubbed his finger together sending flakes down upon the planet, letting lose the Hellhounds, tiger like creatures that change colour with their mood with spikes over their body. Then there came to be the Hyranadons. A race of large tiger-humans who's body was bigger than an Orks, carrying small tree sized weapons. And finally the Undead Tigers, these are essentially a group of infected tigers, who, after biting someone, turns them into a flesh-eating, enraged Zombie, who posses the strength and rage of many men.

With this done La Muerte had finished what he had wanted to do, and watched the creatures he had created begin to torture the dead. With a smile on his face, La Muerte waited for Moros to join him from Ixen.

Creating 3 related races 5-2=3AP

ArlEammon
2012-08-24, 11:02 PM
Ardun
The wizard among gods was in seclusion for long. Loong. No one had seen him for long. Wherever he was, he seemed not to care or know of the outside world. Deep in his own mind, the wizard among gods meditated, seeking the mysteries of the universe. Where was the spells he would need to know the true name of Divinity?

3 Ap left from rollover

Nólanis
2012-08-25, 03:44 AM
...it is uncertain where it begins.

A blind bard is sitting by the bonfire, singing an old tale of kings and crowns, but nobody cares to listen.
A grief-stricken widow sets fire to the house, knowing that her sons won't see it, having gone to war.
A boy sets on a journey, aware that he will never return, no matter what peril he finds himself in.
A deserter's painted shield saves his life against bear's attack in the woods, buying him just enough time to drive a spear through the beast's throat.

They pray. And though they prayers are never answered, they keep faith. And they give it a name, and the name means so much more than the sum of it sounds.
Eilliu. A word from a language almost forgotten, an old word for traveller.

And somewhere, somehow, somewhen, between gods young and old, between their vast domains, between good and evil, the name becomes an entity of its own. In a way, he has always been there, nameless and shapeless. The god of all the unwanted.

"My brothers. My sisters... or are you my mothers and fathers?" A voice, a consciousness where none should have been. He savoured every word, speaking for the very first time in his existence. A voice that reminded them of truths one wished to forget, a whisper that promised vengeance in its time. "You gave birth to this world with all its peoples - and they in turn gave birth to me. I am Eilliu."

Without a face, without a body, the newborn identity looked down upon Ixen and the handful of his followers: individuals from all the races spread across the surface of the world. And he reached to touch every single one of them and give them a spark of zeal. He gave them certainty that from now on their prayers will be heard.

4 = 6 - 2 (Create Organization: The Loners)
It's hard to call them an actual organization - but for all intents and purposes they're a religious sect. Eilliu's followers are spread across Ixen and have little in common save their faith in the Lone God. They can be of any race and the only thing that marks them as his followers is that they no longer belong to their respective societies. No matter what reasons, be it exile or their own choice, any mortal can be considered a Loner as long as they hardly belong anywhere else.

Umbranar
2012-08-25, 07:26 AM
Pyxis was not at all surprised when the Keepers moved to protect their own. What his dear sister did not seem to grasp was that for all her serenity and words of peace, she was acting in conflict to him, she was fighting him, and the Keepers were acting in opposition to the Conquerors. Ideas could fight just as well as blades, Pyxis reasoned. This meant, he admitted, that his sister was an actual threat because actually physically trying to fight fighting itself was regarded as nothing more than a particularly amusing form of worship by Pyxis. Trying to abolish war itself.... he would have to do something about that.

What surprised him was the Demigod of Protection suddenly barreling into this whole mess.

"WHAT IS THIS? WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU INTERFERING?" the Conflict demanded, his eyes locked upon the interloper and flaming greatsword leveled at the speck on the ground once more.

Arash looked up at the god. Not sure at how powerful he was but he stood defiant. I am Arash, why are you? Why do you seek conflict and suffering? Those who are no divine beings are not your puppets! I might not be like you, a god but I will protect those who do not seek war and seek peace. He then stood there between the peace-seekers and the warmongers. Ready to strike at those who would attack.

Steilos
2012-08-25, 08:58 AM
Pyxis narrowed his eyes at the rebellious little worm, anger flaring up in the tides and fires of his features. Now that he came to see it... the creature before him was most certainly some kind of god, albeit not a full one. Perhaps it was time for a show of force. "IMPUDENT STRIPLING! I AM PYXIS, EMBODIMENT OF ALL WARS! YOU WISH TO STOP ME?" He swung the sword around in an arc, lighting the sky itself alight as he continued to rage on. "THE HAND OF WAR CANNOT BE STOPPED! NOT BY SERENITY, NOT BY FATE, AND CERTAINLY NOT BY AN INSIGNIFICANT UPSTART GODLING LIKE YOU! STEP ASIDE!"

Snowfire
2012-08-25, 02:18 PM
"Oh no you DON'T!"

Wind exploded around Pyxis' sword, silver and sapphire shattering the fire that billowed around it. And Ceryna's voice, this time hard, whirls down around the blade.

"I do not oppose your existence, brother. I do not oppose war, or conflict. I understand that such things happen, that they are Fated to do so. I simply offer an option to those who do not truly wish it."

The wind snuffed out the flames, pouring down the now somehow...empty swordblade and forming a whirlwind beside Arash - before the walls of unyielding light formed by her Keepers.

"I stand with Arash here - as you must have known I would. I do not wish to take away your war, to destroy conflict. But I will protect those who do not wish to engage in it from your pettiness!

Nólanis
2012-08-25, 02:39 PM
The Lone God looked down at the scene made by the Conflict and Demigod of Protection. The Fate herself was watching it and interfering, but what drew Eilliu's attention was fierceness of the godlike being, and the anger of Pyxis. He liked the defiance in Arash's pose, he liked the gods' wrath and determination, these were the sweetest treat for him.

Fury and humiliation.
Love and hate.
Terror and longing.
Delight and despair.

He tasted them all in just this one place and time... So many conflicts! There, in that soldier's head there are a thousand little feelings buzzing like a swarm of bees, and in that other one's - a glowing beacon of hope that he'll have a chance to see his home again. Black hole of horror here and crystal clear rage there.

Their passion was their strength, he suddenly knew. And with that knowledge came realization, that now he can never remain passive, cool and reasonable. There was little he understood in that world his siblings had created, but he knew for sure that he had to act. It was the only way.

Faint breeze blew, hardly noticeable to those who couldn't feel the divine presence it represented.

"Greetings, my brother, Drummer of the Dying." He spoke lightly, respectfully. "And my sister, Wind of Fate. And you, fierce one." Having greeted all present, including the Demigod who was yet to prove himself worthy his place among gods, he turned back again to Pyxis. "You, Conflict, are but one with your little soldiers and greatswords. You are alone against those who came here to stop you. It is against my nature to join forces with another; but I bestow my gift upon all of the humanity."

It wasn't even a whisper; it was merely the faintest of pushes inside the minds of humans who already had the potential. He touched their passion and he gave them the idea. The idea that would cause many to question their ways. Those bloodthirsty now realized that there were others waiting, hoping for their safe return. There were women that didn't care if the war was lost or won, they only wanted their beloved ones back home.

2 = 4 - 2 (Gain Portfolio Element: Passion)
1 = 2 - 1 (Teach Populous: Bonding, Marriage, Family)

Drowlord
2012-08-25, 02:53 PM
Somewhere in the dark of the Void, a grey flame appears. It makes no sound, fighting the chaos of the Void for its birth.
Then it exploded, chaos overtaking it. Yet the sparks re-formed into the shell of a flame, and a voice spoke from in it.
"Chaos will not overcome. The Law is greater. Balance must be preserved."
It looked over the darkness of the Void and saw its primal chaos. He knew it was not in the interest of balance, and broke the chaos, reforming it into an orderly form.
"The world will learn of the Law soon, but not now. Later, after the cogs have turned, and the broken Void is brought low."
The flame flickered and separated into its shards.
"Whisper the words, my folk. Say the words of Law and Right until I return."

4=6-2 (Create Populace: Flame Angels (in an empty part of the globe, nearest the orcs)
2=4-2 (Guide Populace (Create a united kingdom that Yash-Ko rules, they act as he commands them to))

Steilos
2012-08-25, 03:53 PM
Pyxis' blade shattered into a thousand shards, each slamming into a part of Ixen and burying themselves deep into the ground. Each containing a mote of Pyxis' rage, they drew Furies from all around and formed small patches that more resembled a battlefield. These Shards of War lay dormant, currently nothing more than bits of copper with strange markings and shapes. Pyxis, meanwhile, stopped in confusion as the divine pile-up continued.

"I KNOW NOT WHAT YOU DID, UNKNOWN ONE, BUT IF IT IS A REASON TO FIGHT THEN I HAVE NO QUARREL." he boomed at the Lone God, before turning back to his sister. "YOU SPEAK OF WAR AS IF IT WAS SOMETHING THAT EXISTED SEPERATE FROM ME. BUT AS I SAID WHEN I FIRST CAME HERE: I. AM. WAR." Pyxis straightened to his full height and produced another blade of burning copper, although he was not so aggressive with this one. "I DO NOT OWN WAR. IT IS NOT MINE, IT IS ME. YOU WOULD PROPOSE I CUT OFF A PART OF MYSELF!"

He raised his arm and swung with his blade, sending his own hand sailing into the air. He shook the regenerating stump at his sister. "BY PROTECTING THOSE WHO DO NOT FIGHT YOU DENY ME A PART OF MY BEING," he said as he gripped his greatsword with his new hand. "AND THAT IS WHY OUR CONFLICT STARTED THE MOMENT YOU WERE BORN AND WILL ONLY END WITH THE DEATH OF THE VOID ITSELF!"

Drowlord
2012-08-25, 04:34 PM
Then the air flickered into explosive flame, and then Yash-Ko appeared, as an angel of flame burning as the flame eternal that was Law.
"Greetings. I am Yash-Ko. I am the Seeker of the Void, the champion of Law and Balance. You are Pyxis, Seeker of War and Imbalance. You claim that those that do not fight are part of you. It is not so. Only those who enter into the domain of Chaos are of it. You are not Chaos, but War; I do not oppose you unless you would seek to harm innocents. I will show you why you cannot claim all that do not take part in your petty game of War."
The god stood there, the flames dancing in his wings as he saw the imbalance that had been created in the world.
"You see no fight here. You will see no fight here. You cannot see war here. Thus, I am not part of you."
He smiled beatifically.
"An arm for an arm, let it not be. You will let us sever your claim to those who fight not, and I will cut off my claim to those who accept not the cause of Law as a balance."

Steilos
2012-08-25, 07:33 PM
Pyxis was rapidly losing his patience with the sheer number of gods clustered around this one stupid landbridge. "BAH! AGAIN WITH THE ACCUSATION OF PETTINESS! AND WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF IMBALANCE SUCH THAT I CAN BE DEFINED A SEEKER OF IT?" Pyxis shook his head. "IF ONE SIDE IS STRONGER THAN THE OTHER, THEN ANY CONFLICT WILL RESULT IN A SHORT WAR AND THE DESTRUCTION OF THE WEAKER, LEAVING THE STRONGER TO FIGHT WITH NO ONE BUT THEMSELVES."

He did not seem to take any heed of the offer.

THEChanger
2012-08-25, 09:34 PM
Orc-Human Landbridge

As the multitude of deities stood and argued, a crash of thunder could be heard above all. A storm was rolling in. Powerful, unceasing winds blew across the battlefield. Lightning struck over and over, bathing the landbridge in an eerie, sporadic glow. A curtain of rain washed away the stains of blood, and slowly, a change took place. Though the Keepers remained, and though they could defend those who were moving towards the safety of the pillar of light, they could feel their resolve weaken. With the coming of this mighty storm, the beacon of Serenity no longer shone as bright-and it's alluring call ceased altogether. Above it all, within the flashes of lightning, the silhouette of a massive humanoid could be seen, its head not turned towards the deities below, indeed, not even acknowledging them, but instead turned towards the forest. A low, booming laughter was heard.

And then the first orc stepped from the trees. Unarmed, it charged, steadily gaining speed, faster than ought to have been possible. Sparks flew from its feet, and behind it raced a massive black wolf. Soon, others like it charged from the forest, howling in response to the mad laughter of their god.

The Lightning Berserkers had made their opening volley. A group of 100 of the orcish tribes' strongest warriors, each accompanied by a Dire Wolf companion, and each with the lightning awakened in their blood. In a furious rage, the berserkers smashed into the army of humans, with an army of orcs following in their wake.

Steilos, the reaction of the humans to the orcish assault is up to you.

-1 AP: Pestilence upon the Keepers: Storm of Doubt
With the mighty storm conjured by Caledur above their heads, the Keepers feel their natural connection to Fate waver. The mighty pillar of light summoned by Ceyrna is blotted out by the curtains of rain and outshone in brilliance by Caledur's mighty lightning. While within the orcish lands, the Keepers shall be followed by this storm, and find their power limited. For the orcs do not believe in fate, only strength.

-2 AP: Gain Portfolio Element: Growth
The orcish civilization has been united and steadily growing under Caledur's subtle direction. Slowly, they join together to fight against a common foe. Perhaps this conflict shall serve as the impetus they need to become a true nation.

1 AP=4 AP-1 AP(Pestilence)-2 AP(Gain Portfolio Element)

Milo v3
2012-08-26, 12:24 AM
Moros follows the diabolical fiend into his realm.

Snowfire
2012-08-26, 04:02 AM
Ceryna seems to sigh, an echo of breath softly dancing across the area around her. Then she shook her head.

"And yet, you still do not understand, brother. I do not think you ever will." Ignoring the storm creation of her brother, and the oncoming Orcish force, she 'turns' to her Keepers. All who wished to join with them had reached the beacon, and the impression of a smile twisted out from her whirlwind form. "Go, my children. You have done all you can."

The beacon of light exploded upwards, shattering through the storm above it for a single ecstatic moment. And a single, final message blazed outwards. Not a vision, not even a call, but a feeling. The feeling of control. Of knowing. Then the beacon pierces through the storm, reaching above even the atmosphere itself, and collapses.

The Keepers vanish, the humans who joined with them long since gone to places of safety. And the beacon of their creation seems to fold endlessly in on itself and then winks out. Ceryna turns to the two brothers who stand with her, spreading her winds around them to create an area of calm in the storm of battle erupting around them.

"Arash? Yash-Ko? I would speak with you."

Drowlord
2012-08-26, 06:01 AM
In the battle, the flaming angel sighed. "Disordered. Chaotic."

He turned to Ceryna. "What did you want to speak of?"

Nólanis
2012-08-26, 06:10 AM
As the gods of justice and protection turned to speak with one another and the war continued on, the Lone God's presence withdrew from the landbridge. His gift for the humans was a double-edged sword and it would bring as much misery as happiness.
Eilliu had many questions yet to form in his mind. The chaos of this mortal world confused him. He retreated to the void, where any deity could approach him should need arise. Watching in silence disturbed only by whispered prayers.

Snowfire
2012-08-26, 04:58 PM
An ethereal form flows out of the wind before the two other gods, a dark haired elven woman wrapped in a windstorm. Her left hand is raised, holding a swirling pattern of light that blends into the wind around her. A cloak is wrapped around her shoulders, the dark blue of an almost-night-sky speckled with silver stars, curled around her by the perpetual wind.

But the most interesting thing is her eyes, shut tight, with faint swirls of light leaking from beneath the lids.

"Our purposes seem to align, brothers of mine. So I ask you...would you be willing to join your powers with my own? To become more than simply ourselves." She holds out her right hand, palm up to her brothers. "Form a pantheon with me, my siblings. Let us hold the balance, protecting those who wish to avoid the conflict that our two clashing brothers will into the pattern of Fate.

"What say you?"

Drowlord
2012-08-26, 06:04 PM
The flaming angel raised his wings, and the other two gods felt a homely warmth in them. But his eyes danced with grey flames that were not so harmless.
"It is as you have said, sister. I will willingly join my strength to yours. Our purposes align, as the Light and Dark would decree. I will join."
His right arm stretched out in a similar position, flame curling and feeding on the wind, yet giving it warmth and strength.

Umbranar
2012-08-27, 04:58 AM
Arash frowned, things were changing quickly.
This morning he was just one of the humans, now he opposed gods or joins them in a Pantheon to be worshipped.

He raises his right hand in a simular fashion and trickled some of his essence out of his fingers, adding a feeling of protections and safety to the others.

To protect those who choose the path of peace over the path of conflict. How shall we name it?

AP: 2 = 3 - 1AP Join Pantheon

HoodyC17
2012-08-27, 05:41 AM
"And now they left," Prelavius sighed and shook her head, "though I admit whatever information I have gained was interesting but..." She turned her gaze at Ixen and she saw the shards imbedding themselves into her child.

She felt great sadness and sorrow for Ixen's pain and great anger and fury for those who harmed her child. But another feeling shook her more, a experience that cut her deeper than all the others, and that was helplessness. She knew she could not prevent the events which will lead to Ixen's destruction but... perhaps she does not have to do it alone.

She ran with haste towards the landbridge where the gods, Pyxis, Ceryna, Yash-Ko and Arash, have gathered. And upon reaching her destination, she drew blood from her wrist before leather bands formed from her sanguine essence and they wrapped around her forearm as four metal claws rose from her wrist.

"Pyxis," she spoke with the authority of an equal to her brother but her tone which dripped slightly of the venom, "today I have discovered that I have two enemies, my brothers, Moros and La Muerte, now I believe I have discovered a third." She slowly walked backwards to the rest of her siblings, not raising any indication that she wished to attack other than carrying a weapon. "Your actions will eventually lead to the destruction of Ixen and that I must not allow." Her expression then softened along with her tone as she gestured to the currently-forming-pantheon, "I shall be supporting our siblings and I apologise if this offends you because you are still my brother. And the same applies to the other two..."

Rollover: +5AP
Create Artifact: - 3AP [Claw of Ixen]
Remaining AP: 3AP

Steilos
2012-08-27, 06:59 AM
Pyxis just stared at the rapidly-retreating Prelavius. How could he possibly have damaged Ixen willfully? His sword exploded! He didn't want his sword to explode! What was this madness about being an enemy of Pyxis? was she really that stupid?

His thoughts were interrupted by the battle below. His conflict with the gods and the power given by the bloodshed below lifted him up into the air, causing a massive explosion that rained fired down on the surrounding area. When the smoke cleared, a massive dragon of magma and rock stood there, clutching a burning copper greatsword in its claws and letting out a horrible roaring shriek across Ixen.

Flapping his immense wings, he knew what needed to be done. Soaring over the sky, he sought out those who would wish to oppose what 'support' Prelavius planned to give to her sisters and brothers.

Humanity, meanwhile, quickly formed up and presented a wall of copper to the attackers, their charge smashing into shield and blade. The power of the orcs, however, caused the line to be pushed back, the fury of the charge not entirely contained by their superior weaponry and armour.

Rollover: +3AP
Evolve Phsyically: 3AP
Remaining AP: 1AP

puppyavenger
2012-08-27, 02:46 PM
Thraskgren flew lazily through the sky, observing the massive battle on the landbridge. Thinking, he decided that, although Civilization as a whole was a dangerous folly, using all their energies to kill each other was about the least bad use it could be put to.

Looking at the rest of the human villages, he became angry, seeing the fields stripped bare of life, the corpses of proud predators brought down by deceit and trickery, and the invalids and weaklings protected by the rest. THIS is the folly of civilization, and it must be stopped before it can get worse.

Searching through the forests he found a hunter who was lying bloodied on the ground next to the corpse of a great wolf he had killed with naught but a large rock. In a better world he would have been a proud hunter instead of forced to struggle for the unworthy. Reaching with his divine essence, he enchanted the wounds of the man with the dead wolfs spirit and power, granting him supernatural healing and endurance, as well as his hunger and fury. The man stood up amazed and began dragging his kill home, but the 7th night, his village would die.

Looking farther afield, he found a man, an exile from his tribe, hobbled and sent to die on the waste. And now he lay bleeding and broken, gored by a great bull. If not sympathy, Thraskgren at least had something approaching pity for the man, a strong hunter and warrior punished merely for what was natural. Working with what he had, he merged his essence with that of the bull, creating a great monster and filling it with a great rage towards those who had exiled it, and the knowledge of how to propagate itself.

Finally he saw a man he deserved his respect. One who was escaping from his tribe for a life of freedom, with a band of his former tribesmen in hot pursuit. He had reached the forest and jumped on a stag in desperation, holding on for dear life and hoping it ran in a good direction. Although such stupidity deserved death a a response, it gave the dragon an idea, and the man screamed in horror as his body slid into that of the stag, leaving him with a stags lower body and a pair of great horns, and a humans torso, arms and head. His response was however, nothing compared to that of his tribe, which all had undergone the same transformation, man women and child, into stag-men and doe-women.

Satisfied that at the very least his creations would show some of the humans the folly's of their work, he turned in suprise to see his brother flying, and caught up with him in the air, saying to the god of war Brother Pyxis , how goes your war?

2+3 (rollover)-2(Create Werewolves, Centaurs and Minotaurs)=3

Snowfire
2012-08-27, 03:30 PM
Wind. Warmth. Protection. Those were all expected. But not so was the joining of her sister Goddess of Earth. But again, she did not see the pattern in her hand. So it was expected that she was blind. But that was the nature of Fate was it not? Or was it? Ah, it did not matter.

"I welcome you sister. We welcome you." She raised her right hand, the swirling mix of powers weaving inwards to form a blazing spark of divine energy. "Rise with me, brothers and sisters, for to do the work I plan to do we will require to be in the heavens."

And with that, she reaches out to the Gods around her and lifts them away, the spark of energy blazing above her right hand expanding out around the four soon to be joined deities. A burning star of light, wind and fire ascended into the void, its passage drawing the gaze of all.

Winds of rippling white fire whirled out around it, streaming down into the world below in answer to an unspoken question. And in temples all across Ixen, temples were many gods were worshipped together, the four icons that represented Yash-Ko, Arash, Prelavius and Ceryna moved to form a group. And a wisp of white fire surrounded those icons, binding them together in the first pantheon of the multiverse's short history.

"Guardians." Ceryna speaks softly, the word falling almost unbidden from her lips - and those around her notice the slight jerk of surprise from her as it registers. Then she nods, a faint smile forming on her face. That is what we are, brothers and sister of mine. And so I name us so. We are Guardians, and we stand for Protection and Balance."

And with those words, the star exploded around them.

"And to protect our sister's creation from the ravages of those below us, let our first act be a shield against the power of the divine."

The whirling, endless white fire that had already woven around the world too many times to be counted in the few mortal instants in which it had existed faded out of mortal comprehension and sight. But to Gods, it remained every bit as visible. Every bit as dangerous. And now it spread, to encompass Ixen in a sphere of divine flame. It rose from the heart of the world, exploding outwards to send the god's currently running amok upon it flying helpless into the Void.

And the Firewall solidified. No God could pass through it. And Ixen, for now at least, was safe from their own personal power.

Ceryna: 0+3(rollover)-2(form pantheon - Guardians - as admin) = 1

Pantheon: 0+2(rollover)-2(Divine Creation: Divine Firewall) = 0

The Divine Firewall is a combination of all the God's of the Guardian Pantheon's power, forming a shield against the presence of Divine powers greater than Demigods on Ixen.

So...yeah. That shield people were asking about? We just made it. Let the games begin :smallcool:

Nólanis
2012-08-27, 03:56 PM
A hunter, living a lonely life walking through wilderness in search of prey, deadly wounded and revived a beast.
An exile, massacred by a bull, praying with his last breath for mercy in his afterlife. No man wished to end up in Hell.
A refugee, running for his life from those he once called his friends and family, leaving behind all the ties and obligations.

Three times deprived of his right, the Lone God snapped into material existence right in front of the Dragonfather. This time he took on a mask of a face: muscular young human, black hair and pitch black eyes without whites. Long, curved claws instead of fingers and teeth sharp enough to tear mortal flesh with ease. Clad in furs and animal skins, half-man, half-beast, Eilliu the Childless Father. And around him - the aura of silent rage, kept at bay. For a time.

"Our brother will gladly wait, since I see you're eager to provide him some amusement." Said Eilliu coldly, glancing at Thraskgren, proud and tall. "You have interfered, Dragon. The ones you touched were mine, and you didn't ask for my permission. What is it you tried to achieve by taking that which is rightfully mine and twisting it to fit your whims?"

With a human face, the Lone God had moved one step closer to the mortals he was bound to watch over; and one step away from them, too. And the burning inside gave him strength.

"Did you hope to anger me, brother? If so, you have succeeded."

The conflict was in the air. But Thraskgren was given a chance to explain himself.

4 = 1 + 3 (rollover)
1 = 4 - 3 (Evolve Physically)

puppyavenger
2012-08-27, 04:05 PM
Towering over his brother Thraskgren growled dangerously, fire spurting from his nostrils. I am the patron of Beasts and Savages, I took those who were dead or soon to be and forged them into weapons. The Humans grow like weeds, I merely invent mechanisms to prune them.

Drowlord
2012-08-27, 07:07 PM
Yash-Ko exulted, a huge torrent of grey flame washing into the firewall, flickering for a moment.
5=2+3 (rollover)
4=5-1 (join Guardians)

And faraway, in the lands of the flame angels, a special king was born. They were close to their god, Yash-Ko, and they were becoming closer.

Umbranar
2012-08-28, 04:50 AM
As Arash was risen above the firewall, he shook his head.
My place is down with the mortals, I will come up to you from time to time but I will be the shield to protect the mortals and the weapon to battle any treat. Those we wish to fight may fight. Those who choose peace shall have their peace as long as I can do something about it.

With that Arash released himself from the others and fell down towards the world, through the wall of fire. There was no resistance for he was not a full fledged god. He kept on falling, burning like a falling star, before crashing into the world itself. He emerged from the crater, glowing with energy.

Villagers from a nearby tribe came to see what had happened.
Arash waited for them as warriors, not more then hunters assigned for basic defense against other tribes and the wild, came to him.
I am Arash and I have come to teach you a new way of life. One with discipline and peace of the inner soul and body. I will teach you how to protect yourselves and those you see as friends or family.

He lead some of the men to a nearby mountain, climbing it with them. It took days and it was a difficult task but all made it to the summit. There Arash used his power to create a place to build his monastery. Trees sprang on in the soil he created, the rock moved aside to leave an open space. He did not build it for them, he merely gave them the resources. He walked up to a tree, with a low-kick he brought it down. I will teach you to do the same, using your body as a tool. You might think this is impossible but I will guide you to this goal. Lets build a basic shelter, once you have mastered this skill, you can improve on the monastery.

AP=2+3 rollover = 5
-1 AP Teach Populous (The life of peaceful monks)
-1 AP Mold Land
AP left=3

Nólanis
2012-08-28, 09:48 AM
Eilliu gave a low growl, furs on his back waving and raising, making him seem bigger than he was, although still puny in comparison to the great dragon.
"The humans you took were mine. They lived for me and they died for me. For their pride and their defiance. I wouldn't oppose your beasts to kill them, it is the way of things, but you crossed the line when you took my people and started using them for your means. You crossed me, brother."

Saying that, he spread out his arms, reached out and touched the living minds of creatures inhabiting Ixen. Ever so gently.

"In return, I'll give something that is mine to your beloved dragons. You ventured into the domain of Solitude and Defiance knowing little of what it entails; then you will have solitude aplenty."

A spark of malice flashed through the void where gods stood against each other. Something changed in the world, and something was becoming... fixed.

"Know this: your beasts will always be just that."

A roar of a lone dragon, razing the nearby human village.

"They will never abandon their old ways, they will never learn."

A savage beast, giant predator feasting on the fallen ox.

"They will never grow, they will forever remain savages."

Dragons fighting over territory, prey and the right to procreate, screeching and killing one another.

"They will be hunted down by other races, those growing wiser with every generation"

A group of elves inventing a trap to catch the beast from the mountain looming over their growing town.

"But the dragons will never learn to live a life any higher than sheer survival. In the eyes of others, they will be nothing but vermin."

0 = 1 - 1 (Pestilence against dragons)

Steilos
2012-08-29, 06:26 AM
Pyxis glanced at both of the fighting gods as the firewall solidifed underneath him. A test with his claw revealed it to be impervious to divine meddling, much to his annoyance. But he could work around this: after all, he could still work his power upon the world even from here, and of course, wherever there was war there was also Pyxis.

These two were falling exactly into his plans. God against god, brother against brother... it was exactly what he had envisioned as soon as the humans came into being. All it took was a common pool of some especially malleable mortals that they could call theirs and the battle lines were drawn. He had by his very existence shook apart much of the harmony between gods, not that there was much of that in the first place. Now that he thought about it, looking down at the mortals through the wall, perhaps he could apply some of the principles he had demosntrated with the gods.

Still though, that would have to wait. For now, he simply waited for the two warring gods to finish.

Lejosh
2012-08-31, 09:13 PM
Turning to see the Moros La Muerte asks him "So then, Moros, what is it you wish to discuss?"

Rollover 3+3=6AP

THEChanger
2012-08-31, 09:59 PM
The Void

All across the wall of flame, winds beat against it, rain sought to smother it, thunder flashed across its flickering surface. A mighty thunderstorm surrounded the whole of the Material Plane, smashing itself repeatedly against the wall of divine power which had been created.

To no avail.

The storm slowly coallesed to a single point. Slowly, it circled, more subtle now, testing, trying the barrier with light tendrils of cloud, searching for a weak point.

Still, to no avail.

The storm withdrew. The Divine Firewall was sound, forged by not one god, but many. It would take more than one god to break it down, if it ever would be.

So, the storm retired to the Void, a decent space away from the Material Plane. There, it began to expand, to grow, to move and shift and change until-

Crash

Something new had grown. It was a massive forest-but not an earthly one. The ground was cloud, the trees were lightning arcing into the Void. And in the very center, a massive mountain, whose cloud-surface was the burnished red of clouds lit by a setting sun. There, at the very top, sitting upon a throne of red stone crowned by lightning, was an orc, covered in red runes, with eyes that flashed with a mad light.

And for the first time, he spoke.

"I am Caledur. And I challenge any who dare stand in my path to battle."

Rollover: +3 AP

Create Plane: The Sky-Forest
-3 AP
Now that Caledur has been banished from the realms of mortals, he requires a place to rest. The Sky-Forest is, in many ways, a mirror of the Coedwig 'N Gyntaf. But it is of the storm, not of the earth, and it reflects that in all its majesty. It is made of storm clouds and lightning, and the creatures within it are also of storm clouds and lightning. At the very center is Caledur's throne, and any who wish to challenge him must make their way there.

1 AP=1 AP+3 AP(Rollover)-3 AP(Creat Plane: The Sky-Forest)

Nólanis
2012-09-04, 08:29 AM
Seeing that the Dragonfather was not hurrying with an answer to that, Eilliu let go of his primal form and faded into the void.

"I see no need for pointless struggle... but don't cross me again, Thraskgren", he said, disappearing and leaving the two dragon-gods to whatever business they had together.

The Lone God had other things to attend to. He looked down at Ixen and at his people, and made plans. He needed to think carefully before he acted.

4 = 0+4 (rollover)

Milo v3
2012-09-04, 08:33 AM
The vile orb hissed his suggestion to La Muerte.
"I believe it would work better if we gave the mortals tenents. A list of rules, which, if broken, cause damnation."

Lejosh
2012-09-05, 02:22 AM
"That is what I was originally suggesting but it was disreguarded." La Muerte replied before asking. "How would you do it differently compared to my idea?"

Milo v3
2012-09-05, 03:33 AM
"You suggested that if you commit evil actions you pass into hell, regardless of the value of the act or acts. But evil is too vague, everyone will see themselves as good. And your definition of evil condemns whole species.

Through tenants, you specifically say a small selection of commandments which are unanimously seen as evil which will result in the damnation without punishing entire races."

Lejosh
2012-09-05, 03:45 AM
"I see the wisdom in you words, to begin with, the killing of ones own family or the breaking of promises i believe should be 2 of them, what do you think?" asks La Muerte, finally getting somewhere with his idea.

Nólanis
2012-09-07, 12:49 PM
The Childless Father was not idle, he was thinking and listening. And what he heard his brothers speak of, troubled him.
He shifted his divine consciousness to the Underworld, where they were speaking openly of their plans.

"What if the two stand in opposition, brother?", asked Eilliu, manifesting near the elder gods. He chose a new form for the occasion, one less savage and more to his liking now that he knew what he intended to do for his people as soon as the time came. "What if one must break a promise to save his kin, or kill one of his own blood to keep his word? Which should be more important and who is to decide?"

The Lone God was clad in furs and leather, but his appearance was closer to mortals than it had been before, only pitch black eyes distinguished him from the human folk. Instead of claws in place of fingers, he wore a golden claw on his left hand thumb, merely a symbol of the wilderness where his followers dwelled. Not for long, he vowed to himself, you will have a land that was never promised, my children. But that didn't need saying in front of other deities.

"I trust you will forgive me joining the discussion. It seemed only appropriate that others should have something to say in this, as well as you."

1 = 4 - 3 (Evolve Physically)

Lejosh
2012-09-08, 05:12 PM
"In that case Eilliu, it would depend, most of the time, family would come first, and only in dire situations like the end of the world and for great reasons would family come second." said La Muerte, smiling with to the new god standing with him and Moros in the Underworld.

Nólanis
2012-09-09, 04:31 AM
"It seems only appropriate that I should have no objections." Eilliu smirked. "The concept of family was mine to start with. Very well. But who's to decide if the situation is dire enough? Our brother would be heartbroken to know you didn't care to invite him to the discussion about judgement and morality." He clearly meant Yash-Ko, god of justice.