PDA

View Full Version : Rules for Spending Exp

Gotterdammerung
2012-08-10, 01:08 AM
I know that when you spend exp as a component of a spell, you can not spend so much exp that you would go down a lvl.

I am looking for rules about spending exp in other ways.

Does crafting exp have the same restriction?

Or exp spent for templates like Spell-stitched?

If so, then please tell me where the rule is (with page number), so I can go read it.

I am looking for RAW rules. I don't care about opinions about whether or not they should follow the same rules as spell exp. I don't care about what you would do as a GM. I am just looking for some RAW info on the rules about spending exp across the board. I can't find the rules anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Eldonauran
2012-08-10, 01:51 AM
Does crafting exp have the same restriction?

That one is easy. Page 88 of the Players Handbook under item creation feats. Subsection, XP Cost

Short answer, yes. Same limitations.

As for spellstitched, see page 161 of Complete Arcane, under the template.

Spellstitched creatures can be created only by a wizard or sorcerer with the Craft Wondrous Item feat and of suffi cient level to cast the spells to be imbued within the undead's body. The creation process takes a number of days equal to the Wisdom score of the undead creature being spellstitched (so a minimum of 10 days) and requires the expenditure of 1,000 gp for carving or tattooing materials in addition to 500 XP × the undead creature's Wisdom score.

I've bolded the important part. Follows same rules as item creation feats, since you need one to do it anyway.