PDA

View Full Version : Commoner Lily

Sliver
2012-08-11, 12:40 PM
It was near evening. The cold and windy weather of the winter has passed on and cleared it's way for the spring. Lily was working on making a few throwing spears, requested by Aron the hunter.

Lily's arms began to feel numb after a long day of work and her eyelids felt heavy. She almost decided to call it a day when she noticed an unfamiliar man walking through the village.

He was wearing the standard military issued chain shirt over his red cloth shirt with a blue dragon. His brown pants were made of soft leather, and a longsword was sheathed and hanging by his belt. The hood of his shirt, made from chain links with a thin layer of cloth for padding, was off, showing his clean and combed brown hair. His green eyes scanned the people around as they in turned looked at him in silence.

As his stare rested on Lily, he approached in a steady pace. "I am Janko Shafir, an officer in Captain Teo Colbert's unit of the Defiance Kingdom's military. Our unit's purpose is to recruit and train able men and women from across the kingdom. The renown blacksmith Jamaal Kloeten is looking for a fit apprentice and as the unit is going to set camp by the city of Mohora for the foreseeable future, we have decided to look in the city and surrounding villages for candidates. Would you be interested in applying?"

Athedia
2012-08-11, 06:55 PM
Lily's eyes widened as her exhaustion was forgotten. An apprenticeship with Jamaal Kloeten? It was her dream come true. "Yes sir, it would be an honor. What do I need? I have proof of my work, ask any of the villagers."

Are any spears completed? If so I will assume she was already paid for them, probably in trade (some meat from Aron's hunting).

Sliver
2012-08-16, 02:28 AM
Janko shakes his head. "None of that needed. We shall set camp at least until the festival and all interested will have a chance to work by Master Kloeten's side to prove themselves."

The hunter still has a few spears left and wished to just get his order collected in bulk so he doesn't have to make many trips.

Athedia
2012-08-16, 12:39 PM
"Do I need to leave now sir? I still have spears to complete, and I hate leaving an order unfinished." She gestured to the uncompleted spears next to her as she spoke.
How many are done, and how many are in the order?