PDA

View Full Version : Commoner Kilvin

Sliver
2012-08-11, 01:19 PM
Commoner Kilvin was approaching the city of Mohora along with his caravan. Quite a few of the members of the caravan came from his home town or the areas around, not many of them knew a language besides their racial one. Kilvin was there not only to help them communicate with the citizens of Mohora, but sometimes even among each other.

It sounded very odd at first. To assemble a caravan of creatures that couldn't talk among themselves? Kilvin knew little of the purpose of the Festival, but he knew that it meant to be something big that would involve the people of Mohora.

The carriage that carried Kilvin also contained a couple of dwarfs covered with black and red tattoos, a female orc that seemed more like a scaly lizard than an orc and an elven female that looked like she is going to vomit every minute now for the entire journey.

The caravan pulled to a stop slowly. One of the dwarfs glanced outside. "What is it?" Asked the other dwarf in dwarven.

"City guards." He replied in dwarven. "Checking the entire caravan, that would take a while..."

The orc female looks puzzled, but the elf only looks relieved that they stopped.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-11, 10:31 PM
Kilvin glanced at his surroundings, this place was quite different from his homeland. Such different culture, architecture, people, etc. Upon hearing the dwarfs remark he responds in dwarven. "We've come too far to be put off by a simple customs search." He then turns to the orc as his words shift to a more guttural tone. "The men in armor are just searching for anything illegal on the caravan, nothing to worry about." Finally, he glances at the elf shifting again to a light, wispy voice. "Settle your stomach while you can, we'll be back in motion soon." He laughs to himself at the ragtag team assembled on the caravan.

Sliver
2012-08-16, 02:32 AM
The elf nods with a grimace. You know she wanted to walk by the caravan, but they told her she would slow them down too much and will have to deal with it. You know this because you were translating.

The orc smiles. "Thanks. Most men wouldn't bother translating for me, even if it was easy for them... I lived a secluded life until recently, didn't get the hang of the human language yet, not to mention any other." She seems quite intelligent too.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-16, 10:44 AM
"I'm more than willing to translate, all the languages flowing through my head; sometimes, if I don't pay attention, I'll slip into another language entirely in conversation. Mostly languages with the same alphabet, like Common and Halfling, or Dwarven, Gnome, and Orc." He glances over to the guards to see their progress. "Remind me, exactly why are you coming to Mohora?"