PDA

View Full Version : Helm's Sword

Drummer701
2012-08-11, 11:42 PM
Trying to find a more detailed description Vindicator, Helm's sword....

any insight on where I may be able to look would be much appreciated :)

Kalirren
2012-08-11, 11:45 PM
This Forgotten Realms Wikia stub (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Vindicator) points to Erik Scott de Bie's novel Downshadow as a potential source.

vartan
2012-08-12, 02:51 PM
MoF spell Weapon of the Diety turns Helms favored weapon into a +1 defending bastard sword so that could be a starting point.

Marnath
2012-08-13, 10:45 PM
Faiths&Pantheons has him with a +4 holy axiomatic keen bastard sword although it is called Ever Watchful and not Vindicator.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-08-13, 11:25 PM
Trying to find a more detailed description Vindicator, Helm's sword....

any insight on where I may be able to look would be much appreciated :)

This Forgotten Realms Wikia stub (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Vindicator) points to Erik Scott de Bie's novel Downshadow as a potential source.

Vindicator wasn't actually Helm's weapon. Helm (pre-Spellplague) had a bastard sword named Ever-Watchful. Vindicator was the weapon of one of his Champions, as mentioned in Downshadow.

The book mentions that it' a weapon of neutrality, of watching, so if there was a Neutral equivalent of Holy/Unholy, I'd suggest using that.

Xefas
2012-08-13, 11:31 PM
The book mentions that it' a weapon of neutrality, of watching, so if there was a Neutral equivalent of Holy/Unholy, I'd suggest using that.

Holy, Unholy... Indifferently? Ambivalently? Tepidly? I kind of like saying "+1 Ambivalently Vicious Bastard Sword". It has a certain ring to it. If your character also happens to be an ambivalently vicious bastard, all the better.

Knaight
2012-08-13, 11:36 PM
You could just load up all of them. +1 Holy/Unholy/Axiomatic/Anarchic Sword.