PDA

View Full Version : Question about Items... (3,5)

Kerilstrasz
2012-08-12, 12:31 AM
i was searching books about some mundane items and i could not found anything
that suits my needs...

1st of all.. a helmet.. like the ancient greek or the roman..
what stats it gives? is there an entry in a book about it?
i suppose it can be used only with armors that dont use the head slot among others,
as fullplate..

2nd.. greaves? you know the armor that protect the legs from knee to ankle.

3rd.. is there a shoulder slot? you know like the one in WoW? and if yes, are there
items for that slot?

can ANY mundane clothing item be enchanted? (always using slot rules ofc)
lets say i dont want to enchant my boots.. but i want to enchant my socks..
can i?
can i take a piece of ribon, enchant it with .. lets say L.Fortification, wear it
on my neck (using the neck slot) and work?

ok.. now for my final question....

can smn list all the slots a Human has for enchanted items?
as i recall there are: head,neck,back,chest,cloves,waist,pants,boots and 2 fingers...
(there might be some more i think, for wondrous items like "brooch" ... )

The Random NPC
2012-08-12, 01:31 AM
i was searching books about some mundane items and i could not found anything
that suits my needs...

1st of all.. a helmet.. like the ancient greek or the roman..
what stats it gives? is there an entry in a book about it?
i suppose it can be used only with armors that dont use the head slot among others,
as fullplate..
I don't believe there are any helmets, they do nothing.

2nd.. greaves? you know the armor that protect the legs from knee to ankle.
Also does nothing.

3rd.. is there a shoulder slot? you know like the one in WoW? and if yes, are there
items for that slot?
There is a shoulder slot, mostly used for capes and wondrous items like that.

can ANY mundane clothing item be enchanted? (always using slot rules ofc)
lets say i dont want to enchant my boots.. but i want to enchant my socks..
can i?
can i take a piece of ribon, enchant it with .. lets say L.Fortification, wear it
on my neck (using the neck slot) and work?

ok.. now for my final question....
Yes

can smn list all the slots a Human has for enchanted items?
as i recall there are: head,neck,back,chest,cloves,waist,pants,boots and 2 fingers...
(there might be some more i think, for wondrous items like "brooch" ... )
Head, Face, Neck, Body, Torso, Shoulders, Hands, Arms, Waist, 2 Rings, and Feet.
I believe most Body magic items also take up the Torso slot, but I'm not sure.

Flickerdart
2012-08-12, 01:44 AM
There are a bunch of helmets, but they're all magic items or part of suits of armour. Likewise, greaves are part of suits of armour and do not help any on their own.

Anxe
2012-08-12, 02:17 AM
Green Ronin introduced rules in their Trojan War book for having individual pieces of equipment for your armor.

And yes, you can enchant stuff and have it fill one of the magic slots. Or you could have it go outside of one of the slots if you pay extra for the enchantment. Shoulders would be a cape. Greaves would fill the boot slot. Helmet would be the head slot. Armor and robes fill the body slot.

One thing your DM may not allow is putting bonuses wherever you want. Hypothetically you can create a Monocle of Strength +6; however, it's a little silly that the monocle be the chosen item for making someone stronger. By RAW, that would cost 1.5 times as much as a Belt of Strength +6. A Ribbon of Light Fortification would fall under that rule.

That said, I've never met anyone who enforces that part of magic item creation.

Kerilstrasz
2012-08-12, 04:20 AM
very helpful .. thnx all

Gavinfoxx
2012-08-12, 04:21 AM
There are lists of very high quality mundane items that can be useful in one way or another.

Just FYI... if all you care about is 'I want as awesome mundane stuff as I can get, no matter the cost!', there are ways of doing it -- though most of the sources of that stuff (as in, what book they are in) can be fantastically obscure.

Agent 451
2012-08-12, 01:54 PM
The Complete MacGyver Handbook may interest you... (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11066.0)