PDA

View Full Version : Commoner John II

Sliver
2012-08-12, 11:00 AM
Yet another commoner called John. Winter was over, and that meant that his camp was going to make less money. People would still need wood, but not as much. Some of the men worried that they might not have enough to support the entire camp.

As John was taking an afternoon break, he overheard a couple of men talking. A large caravan was coming to the city of Mohora and in less than two weeks they will be holding a large festival. There is a rumor that they are bringing with them special wood to make the stands, stages and almost everything, but they are going to grow it with magic. The few wood cutters they'll hire would need to be really good and their pay would be great...

John could try to go to Mohora's gates to meet the caravan, or perhaps he should let someone else bother with that? With less people in the camp, it would be easier to earn money in the normal, old fashioned way.

Erik Vale
2012-08-12, 07:08 PM
John was bright enough to know you should stay away from magic. Or dull enough to be bright enough, or.... Headache. Not a big one, but a small one. John knew he wasn't to bright, but he was having trouble fighting curiosity.
Curiosity won.

"Hey Gabe."
"Yeah"
"You consider me a good woodsmen, good carpenter."
"Yeah. Theres a reason you're second for the camp thing comming up."
"Well. You think I still needed to watch greenaxes?"
"I think you'd be better talkin' to the boss 'bout that."
"You 'nother watcher. An' you know da boss don't like me much."
"True.... I know what this is bout. You might not get back."
"Bah. It gets dun', boss lets me back, I his.... third best."
"Fifth maybe... Go for it, just make sure the works good first."
"Mmm. Want to come with me?"
"... You know, on Tymora's graces, they'll be after foremen anyway, and if it smells of Cyric to bad I can pull you out."
"Thanks..... Lunch break or day end."
"Mob Boss said he pay normal but he would let people take off if they wanted to. Like he does every winter. Lets go look into it now."
"Yah sure... Thanks mate."

John and Gabrial go looking for the rumors about this 'Magic Growing Wood.'