PDA

View Full Version : Commoner Mank

Sliver
2012-08-12, 11:09 AM
Mank went over the books, passing over the titles swiftly. Most of them he already read. Unless he was going to try and get some of the odd ingredients needed to create a summoning circle, which he couldn't afford yet, there was nothing to it... Besides that one book that mentioned a cheap way, at least cheap to the purse, of calling demons. An odd form of pact magic, one that requires the sacrifice of a soul to start and your own soul to finish.

"Wake up." Balga called out to Mank, startling him. "Everything alright?" He waited for a moment before continuing. "Have you heard? Sonari's shop is out of business. Always knew that woman wouldn't be able to keep a shop for long." The wizard laughed.

He pulled out a pouch full of gold and platinum coins before handing them to Mank along with a list. "You know the drill, we need to resupply."

Erik Vale
2012-08-12, 06:37 PM
Mank smiles. He was almost always able to bring down prices a little, not through his own accumen, but because Balga was a constant customer. Alchemists always were, wether or not they dabbled in other magics was beside the point.

"'Course she couldn't, shes to much into looks and taking everyone in. Adventurers want their potions to work, not leave them with pretty little bottles. I've kept the list updated, so I'll get on it right away."

Mank goes up to his room, opening his chest he takes the peice of parchment from its place tacked to the top. He smiles to himself.
"You know, this really needs a lock, he could probably open it anyway though... Well, sometimes he leaves me some extra, I'll see wether he left a note in his pouch... I'll want more vials than this, for my own, and he prommised me enough for a thin copper chain, Mary will like that. Hope Olga's been busy...."

When Mank leaves the store, he first heads off to Olga, a glass-worker that makes most of the stores vials, mostly in order to make sure that they will all be done by the end of the day more than to make sure he gets them all in one swoop. Then he'll head off for the various regents, monitering wether or not theirs some paper in the pouch, and how much is left in it.

Note:

Mary is just a character I've come up with. A girl Mank's courting, I'll let that develop however it does.

Erik Vale
2012-08-22, 11:38 PM
Mank's stop at Olga's is quick, and passes with barely a chat. He is a frequent customer, both for himself and his friend and Mentor. Pleasentries is really all they trade.

Mank moves around the market quickly, trading deftly with the skill of one who is doing a rather routine task.

Apraise Roll for anything, he always tries his best so no taking 10:
[roll0]

However, it seems that the shop keepers get the best of him by far. Near the end of the run, Mank takes a look at the money pouch and any note, thinking about wether he could buy anything, but being doubtful.