PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Familiar Help

Nerd648
2012-08-12, 03:13 PM
I'm playing a Storm Domain Wizard who is prestige classing into Urban Savant and Geometer. I have decided to get an Emerald Dragon as my familiar.

Since I don't want him in the front lines of combat and since he can't do a whole lot of damage, I want him to serve as an assistant to my casting. He has 3 feat slots and what should he have?

Thanks.

Randomguy
2012-08-12, 04:37 PM
Dragon familiars are great for using wands. You could give him a metamagic feat or two and a metamagic wand grip, to give the spells he casts from a wand some ore oomph.

The Reinforced Wings feat (Races of the Dragon) let him fly with medium armour/medium load, which would be useful if you plan on using him as a pack horse (or if you're tiny sized and plan to use him as a mount).

Exhaled Immunity will let the dragon use his breath weapon to give you immunity to sonic, but hardly anything does sonic damage. I'd pass.

Entangling Exhalation is a handy battlefield control thingy. And it's a net bonus to overall damage.

Skill Focus (UMD) might help with using wands if you don't have many ranks in UMD.