PDA

View Full Version : (3.X) Cure Minor Wounds, Mass (P.E.A.C.H.)

DracoDei
2012-08-12, 04:00 PM
Should this exist? If so, are the levels about right?

Cure Minor Wounds, Mass
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Brd 2, Clr 2, Drd 2, Pal 2

This spell functions like cure light wounds, mass, except that it cures only 1 point of damage.

Pyromancer999
2012-08-12, 04:12 PM
Not bad, although I'd make it a 1st level spell, as 1 point healed, even to multiple creatures, is not that much.

TuggyNE
2012-08-12, 04:17 PM
Given that it's a flat 1 point, I'd make it Will negates and drop it a level or two; it doesn't scale like the other Mass CxW spells do, so it doesn't deserve being 3/4 in my opinion. (Note that cure minor wounds is Drd 0, as well.)

DaedalusMkV
2012-08-12, 05:21 PM
Frankly, one point of healing is not a big deal. As-is, I doubt anyone would actually bother wasting a spell slot on this when they could be using Cure Serious Wounds, which actually matters. For comparison, a casting of Lesser Vigor at CL 1 will cure as many HP as this will at CL10, assuming you have 10 targets to cast it on. The only real benefit to this is that it heals all Nonlethal damage, stops Bleed and Stabilizes Dying creatures, which are all very situational uses in most games.

I'd say it would be fair as a second level spell. Useless as a real healing spell even by that point, but effective for high-level characters to stick in as a backup slot in case they come up against someone Whelm-happy or a bunch of Bleed effects.

Garryl
2012-08-12, 05:33 PM
The Stabilize spell from Spell Compendium already does this. It's a 2nd level Cleric and Paladin spell that heals 1 hp to all living creatures in a 50' radius burst (or does 1 damage to all undead in said burst). No target limit, although it does affect both enemies and allies.

Frankly, one point of healing is not a big deal. As-is, I doubt anyone would actually bother wasting a spell slot on this when they could be using Cure Serious Wounds, which actually matters. For comparison, a casting of Lesser Vigor at CL 1 will cure as many HP as this will at CL10, assuming you have 10 targets to cast it on. The only real benefit to this is that it heals all Nonlethal damage, stops Bleed and Stabilizes Dying creatures, which are all very situational uses in most games.

I'd say it would be fair as a second level spell. Useless as a real healing spell even by that point, but effective for high-level characters to stick in as a backup slot in case they come up against someone Whelm-happy or a bunch of Bleed effects.

Magical healing doesn't remove all nonlethal damage, just as much as it does lethal.

DracoDei
2012-08-12, 08:10 PM
Dropped it to a straight 2nd level across the board as suggested and, after looking at Cure Minor Wounds vastly reduced word count.

Drynwyn
2012-08-12, 10:43 PM
Honestly, it fits better in level 1. I could reasonably someone choosing to use it in that case, but there are so many 2nd level spells that are much better than this.

DracoDei
2012-08-13, 01:41 PM
Honestly, it fits better in level 1. I could reasonably someone choosing to use it in that case, but there are so many 2nd level spells that are much better than this.
As a double-check: What caster/character level range(s) are you basing this statement on?

I ask because DaedalusMkV seemed to be saying that at Spell Level 2 this would be useless for anyone without spell-slots up to 4th or 5th level or something.

Yitzi
2012-08-14, 02:03 PM
Really only used for stabilizing a large number of allies, but seems decent.