PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor Feat Selection

Docpritchett
2012-08-12, 06:41 PM
I'm trying to figure out the best feat to take at level 7 for my tengu archery inquisitor. His strategy is to use Bane to do damage and spam arrows. Other than that he can intimidate and bluff better than anyone in the party. My current feats are:
1. PBS
3. Rapid Shot
5. Precise Shot
7. ???

Should I take weapon focus (longbow) to get into the snap shot chain or is there a better option I'm overlooking?

Bhaakon
2012-08-12, 07:04 PM
Deadly aim. Probably don't want to use it with your Bane, but it will definitely up your damage when you've used up those 7 rounds.

Novawurmson
2012-08-12, 09:18 PM
Deadly aim. Probably don't want to use it with your Bane, but it will definitely up your damage when you've used up those 7 rounds.

Why not use it with Bane? :smallconfused: It increases your enhancement bonus against those foes by +2, meaning until BAB +8, it'll take care of your to-hit penalty from Deadly Aim. Deadly Aim is what makes archers so brutal in PF.

Bhaakon
2012-08-12, 09:57 PM
Why not use it with Bane? It increases your enhancement bonus against those foes by +2, meaning until BAB +8, it'll take care of your to-hit penalty from Deadly Aim. Deadly Aim is what makes archers so brutal in PF.

Presumably you'd already be using that bane bonus to offset rapid shot. Whether you want to use deadly aim on top of that is going to depend on the specifics of the encounter.

Docpritchett
2012-08-12, 10:01 PM
Assuming I do take Deadly Aim at 7, and then Many Shot at 9, where do I go from there? Level 11 seems pretty high for pre-reqs.

Bhaakon
2012-08-12, 10:13 PM
Normally I'd say clustered shots for an archery build, but the smiting judgement and the extra +2 from bane will nullify most DR. It might still be the choice if you find yourself facing off against opponents with typeless DR.

Otherwise, I'd probably go with Hammer the Gap or Extended Bane.