PDA

View Full Version : Wheel of Time IC

Pages : [1] 2

McDouggal
2012-08-14, 01:02 AM
Alright. Here's how you start: It's early morning. Rhaern and Miad are already together, staying outside Illian in the tents. Maec is going to and from the Suburbs of Illian to the City, trying to find work. Garran is patrolling through the city on a solo patrol, and there isn't really a time restraint (or a set path to follow) other than "back before dark to report in." Jelor is just finishing putting his armor on in preparation for the day. And yes, you are to find one another. Since Jelor and Garran have such opposing viewpoints on the Dragon, I want them to ROLEPLAY getting together. The odds of the Aiel meeting Maec are much higher than of them meeting with Jelor and Garran first.

Clarkson
2012-08-14, 01:39 AM
Maec leaves his rental property and heads torward a local inn to try to get a few odd jobs.

Malak'ai
2012-08-14, 02:06 AM
As he finishes slipping his armour on and buckling his sword belt around his waist, Jelor sighs, The light take that fool Masema! If he hadn't a lightblinded mule I'd still have my real armour and weapons... he thinks while shaking his head, By the light, I've been thinking that every day since I left to find the Lord Dragon. By the Creator, I WILL find him! And I WILL be properly armed when I do.

Stepping out of the small room he hired behind the sables he sets out on his long trip to the docks, hoping to finally find some work as a guard on either one of the river traders or on a caravan.

Lentrax
2012-08-14, 02:31 AM
Wetlanders are so strange. At least they had the sense to form thier hold near water, but then to not live in the hold, but in of those other places.

She had to alter her cadin'sor when she left the waste, adding some lighter green to the colors instead of the much more familiar tans and browns. At least they hadn't gotten her onto a horse. She remembered when a scout sent by the Car'a'carn tried to get her on the beast behind him. The boy didn't wake for hours.

"Soft." she announced, as she watched people going to and from the city. "These Wetlanders are too soft."

McDouggal
2012-08-14, 03:41 AM
Maec leaves his rental property and heads torward a local inn to try to get a few odd jobs.

Where is this "local inn?" In the suburb you're staying in? In the City? In all seriousness, we're trying to get the party together. If you're the last one in because you're off pulling weeds in the Wisdom's garden, I'm not going to be happy with you. Roleplay to a point, but this meeting is preordained by the pattern. It WILL HAPPEN, just a matter of when and how annoyed you make me.

hoverfrog
2012-08-14, 03:53 AM
"Soft is the word for them," Rhaern stretches in preparation for his morning run, "and we'll grow as soft if we let their ways become our own."

He heads away from the camp and north. "There should be good hunting away from the stink of these wetlanders. I say that a Red Shield can catch more than a Maiden of the Spear. What say you?"

Lentrax
2012-08-14, 05:53 AM
"Perhaps if you were to spend less time watching my backside, and focused more on your spears, you might." Miad smiles as she runs off into the countryside.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-14, 09:21 AM
Garan shivers as he puts on his hat and strides into the street. Another day among the damned. He thinks to himself as he begins his patrol along the docks. He looks around at the men collecting the port tariffs. Only a week ago these men had replaced the authorities who had become good friends of Garan, these new men were strong supporters of that Dragon Reborn. The one who follows me wherever I go, and leaves a path of destruction in his wake. As he walks he mutters, Curse you, dragonspawn. Not noticing a strangely dressed foreigner passing him.

Clarkson
2012-08-14, 12:33 PM
One near the docks.

McDouggal
2012-08-14, 06:05 PM
Maec sees a City guard with a Guisarme. There's good odds that the Guard will know where to find work.

Secret Survival checks for the hunting of the Aiel pair made by my own dice:
After a few hours of hunting, Miad comes back with a rabbit and a squirrel, Rhaern comes back with a pair of deer and a rabbit.

Jelor hears a city guard mutter "curse you, dragonspawn" as he walks by.

Clarkson
2012-08-14, 06:30 PM
Maec walks up to the the guard. "Hello. I'm kind of new in town and I'm looking for work.

Malak'ai
2012-08-14, 09:17 PM
As he's walking through around the docks, Jelor see's a city guardsman approach, not taking any notice of him as he passes until Jelor hears something muttered as if it wasn't meant to be heard, 'Curse you, dragonspawn.'
Dragonsworn?! Peace, if he means me...,
Turning and taking a step towards the guardsman, loosening the sword at his hip Jelor shoves him in the back, "Dragonsworn? I am no Dragonsworn! Yes, I follow the Lord Dragon. I have followed him since he declared himself in the skies above Falme. I was there when he battled the Dark One in the clouds but I am nothing like those other rabble who have flocked to his banner. I do not take what is not mine, I do not kill those who refuse to accept the truth! Peace!" drawing his sword fully Jelor pulls the guardsman around and strikes out with his fist.

Unarmed attack: [roll0]
Damage if successful: [roll1]

"Peace, if you wish to die this day then face me! Face he who you have claimed as Dragonsworn!" he says, reaching behind him and taking his shield from his back, and stepping into a readied stance.

Jelor has just issued a Fighting Challange, giving him a +1 Morale bonus on Will Saves, Attack Rolls and Damage Rolls.

Lentrax
2012-08-14, 09:41 PM
Miad states in shock as he brings the deer into the camp. Her squirrel was roasting over a fire, and was nearly ready. Had she known he was going to hunt for such large game...

"I have toh."

McDouggal
2012-08-14, 09:52 PM
As he's walking through around the docks, Jelor see's a city guardsman approach, not taking any notice of him as he passes until Jelor hears something muttered as if it wasn't meant to be heard, 'Curse you, dragonspawn.'
Dragonsworn?! Peace, if he means me...,
Turning and taking a step towards the guardsman, loosening the sword at his hip Jelor shoves him in the back, "Dragonsworn? I am no Dragonsworn! Yes, I follow the Lord Dragon. I have followed him since he declared himself in the skies above Falme. I was there when he battled the Dark One in the clouds but I am nothing like those other rabble who have flocked to his banner. I do not take what is not mine, I do not kill those who refuse to accept the truth! Peace!" drawing his sword fully Jelor pulls the guardsman around and strikes out with his fist.

Unarmed attack: [roll0]
Damage if successful: [roll1]

"Peace, if you wish to die this day then face me! Face he who you have claimed as Dragonsworn!" he says, reaching behind him and taking his shield from his back, and stepping into a readied stance.

Jelor has just issued a Fighting Challange, giving him a +1 Morale bonus on Will Saves, Attack Rolls and Damage Rolls.

The attack glances off the the Guard's armor, doing nothing. Arranis, Malak'ai, and Clarkson, roll initiative.

Malak'ai
2012-08-14, 09:54 PM
Initiative Roll: [roll0]

Clarkson
2012-08-14, 10:17 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-14, 10:49 PM
Garran begins to answer the poor newcomer's question when he feels a sharp shove into his back. He manages to keep his footing but is surprised to see a wild, angry foreigner shouting at him.

He readies his Guisarme, "I didn't know you were one for dockworkers, mister. I don't know where you're from, but around here disturbing the peace is a minor offense."

As he talks he wonders frantically what may have set the man off. Who said anything about Dragonsw... Oh. Sh--.

Buddy, I think we may have a mis-- (Whether he finishes his sentence or not is dependent on the initiative roll).

Initiative [roll0]

Edit: Nope! :smallsmile:

McDouggal
2012-08-14, 11:03 PM
ORDER: Jelor, Garan, Maec.

Malak'ai
2012-08-14, 11:22 PM
"Offense or not, no insults me, OR the Lord Dragon by claiming his true followers as Dragonsworn! Peace!" Jelor yells as he strikes out with his shield hand, hoping to keep the guardsman's weapon occupied as he slashes low with his sword, turning it sharply into a upwards motion.

Attack Roll (Longsword): [roll0]

Malak'ai
2012-08-14, 11:26 PM
Ok, that's a crit threat :smalleek:.
Also forgot to do the damage roll so I'll do it now.
Crit Confirmation: [roll0]
Normal Damage: [roll1]
Crit Damage if needed: [roll2]

EDIT: Forgot to add the extra +1 morale to damage so that'll be 8 points against Garren.

hoverfrog
2012-08-15, 12:21 AM
"In the wetlands the game jumps in front of you and waits while you slide a spear into it's belly." Rhaern boasts of how easy the hunt was. He will not mention her mocking words before they left on the hunt. She has acknowledged her toh and will find a way to meet it.

Lentrax
2012-08-15, 07:09 AM
Miad is ashamed of herself. She boasted of her skills, and was outdone by the Red Shield.

"How are your... friends?" She would never admit to anyone, but the wolves worried her. She was afraid that they might turn and kill them both, but Rhaern will not tell them to leave. Not that she would say anything, or allow her fear to show.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-15, 07:51 AM
Garran staggered as the man's steel found his chest. A serious blow, if not treated soon, he thought to himself.

He steps back to take full advantage of his Guisarme's reach and shouts, You son of a Trolloc! That's a hanging offense!

He notices his breathing starts to become erratic, and prays to the light that he can keep his courage up this time.

Move to B,4 and attack Jelor with the Guisarme

[roll0]
If a hit, [roll1] damage.

Malak'ai
2012-08-15, 09:56 AM
"You milk fed Southerner. You wouldn't know a Trolloc if you saw one! Peace! You wont escape my blade!" Jelor bellows in pain and anger as his foe's weapon catching him a strong glancing blow on the shoulder of his shield arm, lashing out at the guardsman's back as he tries to get away.

Attack of Oppertunity 1: [roll0]
Possible Crit Conformation (if needed): [roll1]
Normal Damage: [roll2]
Crit Damage (if needed): [roll3]

Attack of Oppertunity 2: [roll4]
Possible Crit Conformation (if needed): [roll5]
Normal Damage: [roll6]
Crit Damage (if needed): [roll7]

hoverfrog
2012-08-15, 09:59 AM
Rhaern sends his thoughts out to Red Fur "Shaggy's pack is far to the north. Red Fur is hunting alone. He does not like the stink of cities. I do not blame him. He tells me to leave him be, he's busy." He smiles at the thought, in many ways the wolf was a better hunter than he was. Together they were amazing and when the whole pack hunted, two legs and four legs alike, nothing could stop them. "I think he'll bring down bigger game than even I managed today."

Realising how much he'd caught and the fact that Red Fur was likely to have a full belly when he returned he considered going to the city to trade his catch. "Miad, will you help me hang some of my kill to dry? I'll share it of course. Or perhaps the wetlanders have some books that they would trade for the rest of the fresh meat. Let's take what we can't eat or leave to dery and see if there is trade to be had."

Lentrax
2012-08-15, 12:31 PM
"Are you mad? We are but two. Should they wish they could take us prisoner. Then what good would we be to the Car'a'carn?

McDouggal
2012-08-15, 03:11 PM
Garran drops. One of the commoners rushes over and tackles Jelor. (surprise, so no AOO.) A woman at the front of a shop that apparently sells herbs quickly grabs some and rushes over.

L1 cleric casting CLW:

[roll0]

Back up to 3 HP. Both are down, although Garran isn't pinned like Jelor.

For some reason, I find it funny that a Shienaran Knight in full armor got tackled by a commoner.

Also, Garran owes the Wisdom 2 gold for services rendered.

Malak'ai
2012-08-15, 06:31 PM
Glaring at the guards body as he falls to the ground, Jelor starts wiping his blade on his foes trousers until he is struck from the side, the air in his lungs being forced out loudly as he is driven to the ground beside the fallen enemy.
Peace! What is this? Let me go you filthy Southern dog!" Jelor snarls, struggling to break free of the man on his back.

McDouggal
2012-08-15, 08:00 PM
Another guard comes running down the street after hearing the commotion. Seeing his friendly guard down, but with a Wisdom helping him, he immediately turns and puts shackles on Jelor, then quickly frisks him.

finds your dagger(s?). All weapons and your shield are confiscated.

He then turns to identify the guard, and upon realizing that it's the "lion" of Caemlyn, begins laughing. He quickly rounds up Maec and the commonner who tackled Jelor for use as witnesses, and brings them to the nearest guardhouse, where he summons the guard captain.

The Guard Captain says "You have a choice, Garan. You can be dishonorably discharged, or you can resign. We can't have it getting out that one of our best troopers was beaten by a random person on the street. Either way, you have to leave the city. We'll let you keep your armor, weapons, and other posessions, and if you resign the Guard will give you 5 gold."

The Guard turns to Jelor. "You are banished from this city. If you aren't gone by sundown today, we trump up another charge and hang you. Your weapons and shield will be at the Northern guardhouse. WHEN YOU LEAVE THE CITY, you may claim them.

He tells Maec, "You didn't see anything. I'd suggest leaving with Garan when you can, outlander."

He lights into the commonner, then gives him some gold and sends him away.

Your moves?

Malak'ai
2012-08-15, 08:20 PM
"The Light blind you! He insulted the Lord Dragon and send him off like a scolded child, yet you treat me, a loyal follower and defender of the Light like a rabid dog? Peace!" Jelor growls, still struggling against the chains.
"If I must leave then I will, but I leave not because you commanded it, but because I have lingered too long in my search for the Lord Dragon."

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-15, 08:27 PM
Garran stares in shock for a moment, hardly believing that the new start he had found in Illian had quickly come to a close. With a sigh he tenders his resignation. Five gold. After all that, I get five gold. That almost doubles-- he stops, remembering the cost of healing had left him two gold lighter. More than doubles what I have saved.

With tears in his eyes he turns to the foreigner My... You certainly have a nasty temper in the morning.

Malak'ai
2012-08-15, 08:44 PM
Jelor glares at the newly resigned guardsman and snarls, "My temper is none of your concern Southerner. You got what you did because you insulted the Lord Dragon."

McDouggal
2012-08-15, 08:48 PM
The Guard Captain slams the table, and yells "YOU BLOODY IDIOT BORDERLANDER. IT'S ONLY BECAUSE I DON'T WANT IT GETTING BEYOND THE RUMOR STAGE THAT THE CITY GUARD IS SO WEAK THAT A COMMONNER HAD TO DO WHAT A GUARD COULDN'T THAT I DIDN'T ORDER THE GALLOWS ERECTED AS SOON AS I HEARD ABOUT THE ASSAULT. I FOLLOW THE LORD OF THE MORNING, JUST AS YOU DO."

He dismisses the other guard from the room, sending him back out on patrol.

In a calmer voice, he continues. "Did you ever think that the insult was never meant for you? You don't have to reach for your sword at the first sign of an insult. In all honesty, I would've expected a Borderlander to at least have had the sense to challenge someone who said something that, admittedly, was stupid to say, giving him a chance to explain himself. Ask Garran why he insulted the holder of the Crown of Swords, his liegelord. He has some history with the Lord Dragon. There is a reason why he's called the 'cowardly lion' behind his back."

He turns to Garran, and says "I understand that the payout for the resignation may seem small, and believe me, I'd like it to be higher. As it is, allowing you to keep your issued armor and weapons is already going against precedent. Even in the case of an honorable resignation, allowing weapons to be kept is odd enough to elicit comment. Giving you more than the usual resignation gold would insure that your departure from the guard was marked and gossipped about, and gossip would outrun your travels.

"If you still want to help me, I could use a scout that I could deny is under my command. There's been talk about a wolfpack around the outskirts of the City, and Aiel that do not follow the Lord Dragon to the north. I need these reports confirmed, if you're up to the job. The pay would be greater than what you've received so far, and I would pay any others who went along with you. I'll be at the Hopping Frog in 3 hours. Please tell me your decision then."

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-15, 10:17 PM
Garran blushes at the 'cowardly lion' remark and grunts, "No bother waiting for three hours. I'll take the job." He gets up to leave and turns to the Borderlander. "You might as well come along, it seems you're in the same boat as me. Who do you want to check out first, the wolves or the Aiel?"

McDouggal
2012-08-15, 10:40 PM
Reminder-Maec is there too. Why he hasn't been on today is a mystery to me. He's also being told that it would be a good idea to leave the city.

Clarkson
2012-08-15, 10:59 PM
Wait what? I didn't do anything! Fine job you've done here guard. I go to you for help and get kicked out of town!
Maec leaves heading torward his flat to collect his remaining possestions.

hoverfrog
2012-08-16, 12:54 AM
"I'm not suggesting that we walk into the middle of their nest, this square of Tammaz that we have been told about. There are always some on the edges of these places who would trade." Perhaps it was too great a risk though, "Very well, I'm sure that there are peddlers between the camps and the city."

I wonder if I am being too rash, I have to seek out the wetlanders from Amys dreaming but that does not mean that I have to spend my life in the effort. This search is a shaping stone, not a hammer. I must learn patience and caution. Rhaern considers and decides that Miad's advice is good and that his words may have been too harsh.

"I must tell you why I have come the the wetlands so that you know why I must search the cities and the forests. Years ago the Wise one, Amys, came to me and told me of a dream, a True Dream, that she had had. I did not know what that was and Amys did not explain except that it was a rare thing. There are those who I must find. You are one, the others are wet-landers. There is something in the pattern that draws us together. I do not understand why or how, only that I must find them and we must join together. There is honour in serving the pattern."

"I do not know why but my patience grows short. I am driven to greater risks than are sensible. Time is running out." This last comes out of his mouth in a rush, almost unbidden. Flushing at revealing so much he quickly cuts a serving of deer from the cook fire and occupies himself with the simple task of eating rather than look at Miad and see disbelief in her eyes.

Malak'ai
2012-08-16, 02:05 AM
As the guard captain berate him, Jelor can't help but stop and listen, his anger draining away with every word to be replaced by shame, Is what he's saying true? Did I react like that light blind fool Masema? Peace! Maybe I was wrong about these Southerners... Light curse me! He is right... I just attacked another follower of the Lord Dragon...

Looking at the floor as the captain finishes Jelor sighs and turns his head to the one called the Cowardly Lion and says, "By the Light, I apologize for my rash actions... It's just that since the Lord Dragon declared himself those of us who follow him have been blamed for things that a few light blind fools have done. Peace, now I have just reinforced that."

Stepping up to the captains desk, Jelor stands to attention, "If by doing this job I can help clear the name of those who follow the Lord Dragon I will do it." he says, bowing as much as his chains allow.

McDouggal
2012-08-16, 02:58 AM
Just to save time, do any purchasing you need to and tell me where you plan to go at the same time.

EDIT: What's Maec doing? Is he going solo, or with Jelor and Garran?

Lentrax
2012-08-16, 05:12 AM
"Perhaps we should scout the outskirts of the town and see if there is anyone who might be willing. But we need to be careful."

Miad thinks about the words shared with her. She does not know what to make of Amys's dream, but she knows better than to question the words of a Wise One.

Clarkson
2012-08-16, 10:09 AM
Maec is heading out with Jelor and Garran as soon as he's picked up his other quiver and his savings.

McDouggal
2012-08-16, 03:22 PM
Alright, here's the blind luck check. On a 5 or higher, the Aiel and the others meet up as the Aiel are trying to trade the venison.

[roll0]

THIS IS THE EDIT: right on the money. As Jelor, Garran, and Maec begin stocking up for the trip, they spot a pair of Aiel in the outskirts of town. They appear to be trying to trade or sell a pair of deer that they say they killed earlier today. Your move.

Clarkson
2012-08-16, 04:11 PM
They invade here as well? Well I won't have it. Maec pulls out his dagger and moves torward the Aiel.

McDouggal
2012-08-16, 05:38 PM
They invade here as well? Well I won't have it. Maec pulls out his dagger and moves torward the Aiel.

... Seriously? They invaded, like, half a year ago.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-16, 06:54 PM
Let's not be so hasty friend, Garran puts a hand on Maec's shoulder. The Aiel are vicious warriors. We MIGHT be able to beat them, but they'd return in greater numbers. Our job was to scout them out and find out their intentions. I'd recommend you and... Jelor, right? Go over a distance always. This probably won't be pretty. Garran finishes while turning increasingly pale, hardly believing what he was going to do next. After waiting a second for his companions to move, he steps into the clearing and loudly cries, Hi there! Who wants to be my friend?

McDouggal
2012-08-16, 07:20 PM
First thing-these are the Dragon's Aiel, not the Aiel that the Guard Captain is worried about. Oops. :smallredface:

Second thing: Miad, Rhaern, your move.

Malak'ai
2012-08-16, 10:02 PM
Walking off to the side of the road, while still heading towards the Aiel, Jelor, looking almost like he's sulking, is still reeling from the realization that he may be no better than Masema.

Aiel... And me without a horse or proper armour... Hopefully this doesn't turn out like it usually does in the Southern Marshes, I'll just have to see what the Lion is planning. he thinks, looking back over his shoulder to what his new companion has in mind.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-16, 10:17 PM
First thing-these are the Dragon's Aiel, not the Aiel that the Guard Captain is worried about. Oops. :smallredface:

Second thing: Miad, Rhaern, your move.

...Wait... So did I just greet a band of wild Aiel or Miad and Rhaern?

Malak'ai
2012-08-16, 10:19 PM
((It's Miad and Rhaern, who are followers of the Car'a'carn))

McDouggal
2012-08-16, 10:33 PM
/e bangs head on table, cursing inability to quickly type out a statement that everyone understands /e

Yes, you are meeting Miad and Rhaern.

BTW, Aiel, spot checks. Jelor/Maec, hide checks.

Malak'ai
2012-08-16, 10:36 PM
((Jelor isn't trying to hide, he's just approaching at a casual pace up the side of the street along the front of the buildings.))

McDouggal
2012-08-16, 10:42 PM
((Jelor isn't trying to hide, he's just approaching at a casual pace up the side of the street along the front of the buildings.))

You are an ARMED. SHIENARAN. KNIGHT. The Shienaran knights that we learn of were not exactly subtle. They stood out.

Malak'ai
2012-08-16, 10:48 PM
((Exactly. He's just walking through the street casually. He's not trying to be inconspicuous or threatening in anyway. Did Uno always walk around swearing and waving his sword around?))

McDouggal
2012-08-16, 10:50 PM
Um, swearing yes. Waving sword around, no. I'll let you make a bluff check against the Aiel spot instead.

Lentrax
2012-08-16, 10:52 PM
Spot check: [roll0]

Clarkson
2012-08-16, 10:55 PM
Hide Check [roll0]

hoverfrog
2012-08-17, 01:15 AM
Spot check [roll0]

Lentrax
2012-08-17, 02:03 AM
I knew this was a bad idea.

Miad pulls her veil up and draws a spear.

"Rhaern! The wetlanders wish to dance."

Malak'ai
2012-08-17, 02:42 AM
As Jelor slowly approaches he see's what appears to be female Aiel, that still always took him by surprise everytime he witnessed it, lifting the dustcloth that was hanging down her chest up over her face.
No... Not here... he thinks, quickening his pace, lifting his empty hands up where they can be clearly seen, "Wait! Wait! We do not wish to fight! Peace stay your hand!" he cries out as the warrior from across the Dragonwall starts lifting her spear.

McDouggal
2012-08-17, 04:32 AM
So, diplomacy check. (darn, spent a half hour on that map).

Noone look in the spoiler until AFTER the check has been made. I am putting the DC in there, and then NOT EDITING this reply.

DC 13. There is also a +5 circumstance bonus, since Rhaern will recognize them.

Lentrax
2012-08-17, 04:46 AM
Not sure if I need to make the check, so I'll just go ahead.
[roll0]
It would appear Miad is very wary of you wetlanders. :smalltongue:

Lentrax
2012-08-17, 05:44 AM
"Time to dance the spears, wetlander."

Rolling for initiative: [roll0]

hoverfrog
2012-08-17, 06:11 AM
Seeing three armed men approaching Rhaern grins and veils himself. "They seem eager to die, see how they only bring half again our numbers. Shall I let you dance with them alone and I'll dance with the next group?"
Intimidate check [roll0]
Diplomacy check [roll1]

Hearing the man in chain and shield speak of peace while sheathing his sword Rhaern wonders if this is a trick and looks around for attackers on the flanks. He keeps his spear ready.

Spot check [roll2]

Malak'ai
2012-08-17, 06:18 AM
Seeing the female Aiel is intent on a fight Jelor dashes out in between her and the fool who followed him and the Lion.
Standing there, arms outstretched, still unarmed he cries out, "Peace! Stay your spear! We mean you no harm, in the name of the Lord Dragon I swear it!"

Looking back over his shoulder at Garen and Maec, Jelor shouts, "Lion, get that fool to put up his knife and get him out of here!" Turning back to face the woman in front of him he thinks, May the Light and the Lord Dragon make them see sense...

hoverfrog
2012-08-17, 06:32 AM
"Wait Miad, the armoured one bares no weapon against us." He remains veiled and on guard but makes no move to attack.
Sense motive check to see if I note any deceit from Jelor [roll0]
Initiative check in case they actually start something [roll1]
Given the distances on the map Rhaern switches to his sling.

Lentrax
2012-08-17, 06:38 AM
Miad sounds awed as another wetlander steps in her way, preventing her from reaching the fool with the knife.

"You bear no weapon against me. There is no ji to be gained in attacking you, wetlander. Step aside so the other may dance if he truly wants. I am Far Dareis Mai. My spear-sisters and I carry the honor of the Car'a'carn. Do not impune our rights and honor."

Malak'ai
2012-08-17, 06:49 AM
"I mean no offense to your honour, and I know not who this Car'a'carn you speak of is, but in the name of the Lord Dragon I will not stand aside so you can kill a light blind fool. Peace, I've seen what the Aiel can do, I've fought your kind in the Southern Marshes and barely come back with my life. Put up your spears and let the fool do the same." Jelor says, taking a few slow steps forward, reaching to his waist, undoing his swordbelt and lets it drop to the ground.

Lentrax
2012-08-17, 06:56 AM
"You have fought the clans before and lived? I will listen to your words. No tricks, wetlander."

Miad lowers the point of her spear, but it is still held ready in case she still needs it. She also remains veiled.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-17, 07:26 AM
Okay... Wow, did I pick the wrong time to go to bed.

All I did was walk, unarmed, to the Aiel and yell "Who wants to be my friend?". How did this escalate so quickly?

Malak'ai
2012-08-17, 07:27 AM
Still holding his hands in plain view, palms forward and away from his body Jelor stops about 10 feet from the Aiel woman, keeping an eye on her male companion as well.
"I see that all you have come here for is to trade, and I do not wish to prevent that so I will not hold your time long. Myself and the Lion here have been given a task, I guess that other fool is with us as well but I do not really know." he says, trying to remain as calm as he can so as to give off a reassuring mannor, "This task, I will not lie, does involve the Aiel, though it is the Aiel who raid villages to the north, taking what they want and kidnapping villagers. We have been asked to go out and find them and try to discern where they may be going and what they may be after." slowly lowering his hand and crouching down to draw a very crude map in the dust of the street, "From what I've heard in rumour, their camp is here," he points to a spot north of smudge representing the city, "Do you or your companion know anything of them?" Jelor asks, in a tone that implies no accusation what-so-ever.

Clarkson
2012-08-17, 07:39 PM
Maec keeps his distance even if a fight starts.

OOC
I'm going to be gone for the weekend.

Lentrax
2012-08-17, 09:49 PM
"That spot is us." Miad still has her face veiled. "I am in this place looking for Shaido."

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-18, 08:25 AM
Garran comes closer, with his hands out and kneels near Jelor. Alright, that's good to know. Would you be willing to come with us to investigate these 'Shaido'? It is in our mutual interest to see them gone.

Lentrax
2012-08-18, 08:42 AM
Miad stands for a moment. Two wetlanders kneel before us? I thought they had more pride than this.

Slowly, Miad lowered her spear, and with her other hand, lowered her veil as well.

"My name is Miad of the Red Waters sept of the Goshien Aiel. Come. We can share water and shade, and discuss the Shaido."

Miad turns her back and begins walking away. Without looking back, she adds, "Your friend can come too, if he decides he doesn't want to dance with me."

Malak'ai
2012-08-18, 08:48 AM
"I don't know about dancing, but I'm sure he wont try to attack you again... if he's smart." Jelor says, glearing over his shoulder at Maec before standing, wiping his boot through the roughly drawn map and walking back to retrieve his swordbelt.

Lentrax
2012-08-18, 08:52 AM
The spear slides easily into its place next to the others on Miad's back. She says nothing, just keeps walking back to her camp.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-18, 02:23 PM
Garran stands up, feeling very relieved, and starts following Miad.

hoverfrog
2012-08-19, 01:21 AM
Rhearn slips the veil from his face and puts away the sling. "Rhaern of the Nine Valleys Sept of the Taardad Aiel stand before you. Come, share water and shade. I have hunted well today and there is meat for all." He falls into easy strides next to Miad but keeps a wary eye on the three. There is something familiar about them but he's not connecting them with what it is just yet.

Lentrax
2012-08-19, 02:54 PM
Miad nodded to Rhearn as he caught up with her. Checking the others were following, she speaks softly."These wetlanders knelt too easily. Do you think we can trust them?"

hoverfrog
2012-08-19, 04:11 PM
"Trust them? No. Trust must be earned. I do not think that they are our enemies though. Rhearn wondered what they were going to do with these strange men.

Lentrax
2012-08-20, 10:04 AM
"Let's get back to camp. The sooner we're there the sooner we can figure this out. I'll run ahead and check our camp."

Miad is going to scout the camp out before anyone else gets there.
Hide: [roll0]
Move silently: [roll1]

McDouggal
2012-08-20, 11:46 AM
You see nothing out of the ordinary, and are not spotted (mostly because you know all the good places to hide around there).

Lentrax
2012-08-20, 11:49 AM
In that case, Miad waits for the others to show up.

hoverfrog
2012-08-20, 12:15 PM
Rhaern silently contacts Redfur and asks if he will join us back at the camp. We have some guests and his keen nose for spotting trouble may come in useful. He makes sure to go through the usual pleasantries and formalities and to enquire after the success of his own hunt.

As he is walking ahead of the three wetlanders he listens to their conversation. There is time for them to relax and start talking among themselves. They may give something away if they are hiding something.

Listen [roll0]

Malak'ai
2012-08-20, 08:23 PM
Tying his sword belt back on, Jelor hurries to catch up to the ex-guardsman and the man who had been forced to join them. Saying in a quiet voice, hoping the Aiel don't hear, "Keep your eyes and ears sharp. These two may have stopped their attack, but we don't know what kind of reception we'll get in their camp. Keep your calm and your weapons sheathed and we shouldn't have to use them."

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-20, 10:03 PM
Garran nods and says, "I'll admit, this is already going a lot better than I expected. How are we going to take out these 'Shaido'?"

Malak'ai
2012-08-21, 06:03 PM
"Well, that depends on how many there are... It took five hundred of my fellow knights to defeat just over two hundred Aiel in the Southern Marshes. We lost a hundred and seventy. Either dead of wounded so badly they can no longer fight." Jelor tells Garran, his voice still lowered, in a tone laced with sadness and slight disbelief, even after all this time.

McDouggal
2012-08-21, 09:48 PM
Malak'ai, Thelmos, Clarkson, unless you say "not yet! we still need to talk about something!" I'm prepared to say you've arrived at the Aiel camp.

Lentrax
2012-08-22, 02:38 PM
When the three Wetlanders reach the cap, they find Miad roasting a rabbit over a small fire. As they approach, she whirls, spear in hand. She puts it down as she recognizes them.

"Ahh. Good. Come, share our water and shade."

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-22, 07:24 PM
"A pleasure." Garran says with a smile while trying to keep himself calm after the woman's surprising move. Then he realized his hand was trembling, and held both of them together to try and hide it. "I suppose I never did introduce myself, my name is Garran." He says with a reassuring smile, although he is unsure he is reassuring himself or the Aiel.

Malak'ai
2012-08-22, 07:41 PM
Walking up to the camp and slowly gazing over it, Jelor once again undoes his sword belt and placing his sword on the ground a little way away from where we'll be sitting.

"I am Jelor Koer, armsman of House Shinowa of Shienar. It is pleasing to meet you." Jelor says as he steps closer, coming to stand next to Garran.

Clarkson
2012-08-22, 08:51 PM
Maec is my name. Maec sits off to the edge of the camp.

hoverfrog
2012-08-23, 12:51 AM
"There is one other here who shares our shade." Rhearn gestures to the north where the tall grass was hiding a wolf. The beast stood and loped over to the Aiel with an insolent grin. "Redfur is a friend. Do not worry, he had a good morning and has fed well."

Lentrax
2012-08-23, 03:47 AM
"We are all here. Now, what do you know of the Shaido?"

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-23, 07:50 PM
"We know that they plague the city, and generaly lie to the north. What we don't know are their numbers or exact position."

McDouggal
2012-08-25, 08:59 PM
OK, listen checks everyone.

EDIT: spot checks as well, but they won't be used unless the listen check succeeds.

Lentrax
2012-08-26, 02:36 AM
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

hoverfrog
2012-08-26, 05:00 AM
"I could tell you much of the Shaido but my news is old and I know little of where they can be found now." Rhaern stops suddenly, "What's that?"

Rhaern
Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Redfur
Listen [roll2]
Spot [roll3]

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-26, 07:11 AM
"Okay then, I wonder if--"

listen: [roll0]
spot: [roll1]

He stops suddenly as he sees one of the Aiel freeze up, and after a moment Garran thinks he might have heard something.

McDouggal
2012-08-26, 08:12 PM
You hear a ruckus from the Northern edge of the camp. Upon looking, it appears the Aiel sent to scout the Shaido have returned, light a few members, but also with some prisoners.

Investigation?

hoverfrog
2012-08-27, 02:09 AM
"We may hear news from our returning scouts. Come." He pauses to look back at the wetlanders, "It is best if you stay close to us. You have shared water and shade but some others may not know that and think you poor spies or captives."

Lentrax
2012-08-27, 02:11 AM
"They may indeed. I agree, stay close, but not behind. If you are behind us, they think you trying to kill us."

Arranis Thelmos
2012-08-28, 08:26 AM
Garran stands between the two Aiel, "Quire right. I may be unemployed, but that doesn't mean I'm currently looking for a position as a pincushion." he tries to say with a disarming smile that looks more than a little forced.

McDouggal
2012-08-28, 10:30 AM
Especially since you're still wounded.

After a 5-minute walk, you come down to find the Shaido Aiel have been taken into the Wise One's tent. Left no choice, you have to sit and wait for 3 hours while the Wise Ones try to talk to the Shaido.

The Wise Ones let the Shaido out, under guard, and offer questioning to any who wish.

Just to save time, Intimidate checks won't work here

Lentrax
2012-08-28, 11:44 AM
Miad sees that the Wise Ones have no intention on letting them inside, and goes off to find her spear sisters. If there are no Far Dareis Mai with the scouts, then Miad will return to the Wise One's tent and wait in silence.

McDouggal
2012-08-28, 03:00 PM
There is one Far Dareis Mai with the scouts.

To clarify: The Wise Ones are offering "questioning" permissions to any who ask. Could be used for the Shaido.

Lentrax
2012-08-29, 02:23 PM
Flurries of handsigns can be seen from the other Far Dareis Mai. Miad makes gestures of their own, and you realize they are communicating using the strange gestures.

Eventually Miad grunts and thumps a spear into the ground as she squats down next to Rhaern.

"Apparently we are going to have to wait for the Wise Ones. The Shiado are numerous, and we will not risk a frontal assault on them, though they are crippled by hunger in the north."

Miad begins to fidget. She is not used to staying still for long. It makes her think of her mother, and how she lived here in these soft lands.

Malak'ai
2012-08-29, 06:46 PM
Jelor, sitting in the same spot as he has been since he got to the Aiel camp, looks round, then stands, walking slowly over to the Aiel woman, noticing her look of disgruntlement, "Excuse me... Miad... I do not wish to intrude, but would you mind explaining to me who this Car 'a' carn who's honour you and your sisters carry is? It sounds as if he is very important to you."

Lentrax
2012-08-29, 11:52 PM
Miad looks at the man asking him this question like a mother looks at a child who just asked what color the sky was."He is the Car'a'carn. He is the chief of chiefs, He who comes with the Dawn, marked by Rhuidean itself with the Dragons on his arms. He is the one who has broken us, and it is he who will save us."

Malak'ai
2012-08-30, 12:36 AM
Dragons on his arms... Rumor says the Lord Dragon has dragon tattoos on his arms...
Jelor looks at the ground for a moment then looks back up at Miad, "This Car'a'carn... He is from this side of the Spine of the World? He travels with an Aes Sedai called Moiraine and a Warder called al'Lan Mandragoran?" he asks, his voice gaining an edge of excitement.

McDouggal
2012-08-30, 01:14 AM
Please remember that Moiraine "died" in Cairhien fighting Lanfear. Depending on how literally Miad takes the question, be careful how you answer.

Lentrax
2012-08-30, 01:22 AM
Miad looks wistfully to the east.

"I do not know the Car'a'carn personally. I was on this side of the Dragonwall still seeking him when he went to Rhuidean. I do not know who he travels with, only where he will be going."Miad glances north, then turns her gaze back to the wetlander. "Why are you so interested in him?"

Malak'ai
2012-08-30, 01:44 AM
"Because if the rumours I've heard all these long months while travelling here in the South, then your Car'a'carn is the Lord Dragon. Peace... If that is true, then we fight on the same side." Jelor says, his eyes gleaming.

hoverfrog
2012-08-30, 02:03 AM
Rhaern has heard of this al'Lan Mandragoran but under a different name, "You know Aan'allein, the man who is an entire nation?" He gives Jelor an appraising look. Perhaps there is more to this wetlander than kneeling after all.

Malak'ai
2012-08-30, 02:50 AM
Aan'ellein? The man who is an entire nation? Is this another name for the Lord Dragon? Jelor wonders, looking at the Aiel who introduced himself as Rhaern.
"I'm sorry, I have not heard that title for the Lord Dragon before... What does it mean the Lord Dragon is an entire nation? He has more than one nation under his control..." he says, now looking a little confused.

Lentrax
2012-08-30, 03:44 AM
"Aan'allein. Of course, How could I forget that one. Al'Lan Mandragoran. He is the only one to survive his kingdom, yes? The man who is an entire nation, you see? He has earned much ji amongst our people. Any who could fight Halfmen as long as he...." Her eyes go slightly out of focus at the remembering of stories from her mother. "I know many of my sisters who would happily lay the wreath at his feet. But Aan'allein is not this Lord Dragon. "

hoverfrog
2012-08-30, 03:58 AM
"Do you make a joke of us, Jelor? Aan'allein is al'Lan Mandragoran." He thinks back to the stories of when the Car'a'carn revealed himself. "Moraine is the Aes Sedai who entered Rhuidean, is she not?"

Malak'ai
2012-08-30, 04:22 AM
"al'Lan Dia'Shan... Peace! That does make sense. I apologize if I offended. The term Aan'allein is not one I have come across before." Jelor says, bowing his head a little, "And yes. I have fought along side al'Lan many times when I first earnt my sword. In the Blight and also here in the South when the Lord Dragon proclaimed himself." he continues, finally sitting with legs crossed.
"The story of al'Lan Mandragoran Dia Shan. The last Diademed Battle Lord of the Malkieri is long and full of sorrow. His nation of Malkier was destroyed and consumed by the Blight many years ago.
al'Lan was not the only Malkieri to survive, but he is the last of the Royal line of that great nation, and the only known man to still fully follow in the ways of his fathers... Taishar Malkier" Jelor finishes in a whisper.

Shaking his head, bringing himself back to focus he continues, "As far as Moiraine Sedai, I know not what she has done in her travels with the Lord Dragon, just that she and al'Lan were said to have crossed into the Waste with him."

Lentrax
2012-08-30, 04:37 AM
"As I said, I do not know this Moiraine Sedai. I was here, on this side of the Dragonwall when the Car'a'carn was named. Though if she were an Aes Sedai, it would make sense for her to follow him."

Malak'ai
2012-08-30, 05:10 PM
Jelor sits back, thinking to himself about the fortune of finally finding more people loyal to the Lord Dragon, even if they are Aiel.
"Have you any word on where the Lord Dragon is now? I mean to continue my search so as to rejoin him. After I assist the Lion in his task of scouting out these Shaido you speak of."

Clarkson
2012-08-30, 10:59 PM
Maec decides to start following Jelor around for a time.

OOC:
I'm gone this entire weekend including monday and then I'm back into school so It may be a while before I can post again. I'm still here This is just not my time of the year.

Lentrax
2012-08-31, 01:40 AM
"I do not. I have been running messages between the forces scouting out the Shaido. But I would not worry about his safety. My spear-sisters follow him everywhere he goes. We protect the Car'a'carn."

McDouggal
2012-09-01, 10:49 AM
OK, if you aren't going to question the Shaido prisoners, tell me.

Lentrax
2012-09-01, 12:44 PM
I was under the impression we were waiting on the Wise Ones. If we do not have to, then I will go in and talk with them.

McDouggal
2012-09-01, 01:33 PM
Especially since you're still wounded.

After a 5-minute walk, you come down to find the Shaido Aiel have been taken into the Wise One's tent. Left no choice, you have to sit and wait for 3 hours while the Wise Ones try to talk to the Shaido.

The Wise Ones let the Shaido out, under guard, and offer questioning to any who wish.

Just to save time, Intimidate checks won't work here

Said that a while ago.

Lentrax
2012-09-01, 01:52 PM
Well I guess thats what I get for not reading more carefully.

Miad suddenly ralizes that she has been sitting here wasting time for nothing. She walks over to the Shaido, and greets them.

"I am Miad. Why have you not taken the white?"

McDouggal
2012-09-01, 06:53 PM
"**** off."

Extremely hostile. Your reminder that they couldn't put on white didn't help things much.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-02, 08:46 AM
Garran raises an eyebrow in surprise as he turns to Miad. My my, he's a rude fellow isn't he? Is there anything against Aiel law with torture?"

Lentrax
2012-09-02, 10:01 AM
Miad points her spear at the man. "You have denied the Car'a'carn. You have forfeit your honor and your life, Shaido. Tell me why I should not kill you where you sit."

McDouggal
2012-09-02, 11:44 AM
Nothing against Aiel law of custom. Lentrax, how long has Miad been wed to the spear?

"He is NOT the Car'a'carn. I will not follow a fakery, and I do not fear the end of the dream."

Lentrax
2012-09-02, 02:54 PM
"You will show respect for those who have bested you, coward! The people of the Dragon will meet their toh when we dance the spears with Sightblinder! Now show respect for the strength that has bested you!" And with that, Miad punches him.

Hard.

In the face.

Malak'ai
2012-09-02, 06:38 PM
Following Miad over to the prisoner and witnessing his reluctance to speak anything but insults to not only his captures but to the Lord Dragon as well, Jelor steps up, "Would it be alright if I had a few words with the prisoner? There are a few things that the Halfmen use against the people in the Borderlands that I have seen, after finding what remains of their bodies... Doesn't look to be overly difficult if given time..." he says, his smile becoming menacing as he slowly draws his dagger and tests it's edge with his thumb.

Intimidate Check: [roll0]

McDouggal
2012-09-02, 07:23 PM
Ok, I'll give you that intimidate check. That's a one-time thing, though, with special circumstances.

He's looking a bit unnerved.

Where's Garran? A good cop-bad cop might be funny & effective.

Malak'ai
2012-09-02, 07:43 PM
Crouching by the Shaido's feet, Jelor starts starts cutting away his boots, being careful not to cut the skin, "Now, you're going to answer every question we ask you to the best of your ability or I will start to peel the skin off your feet an inch at a time. Once your skin is gone, I'll work on the flesh. If you still refuse to answer us, I will move onto your hands, then your face... Do you know how maddening it is to have your eyelids removed and being left alive, never able to block things from your vision? Oh yes, you will be kept alive, do not worry about that."

McDouggal
2012-09-02, 07:47 PM
Yeah... He just broke. Big time. Any question you ask. he will answer to the best of his ability.

Of all the times to throw a natural 1 for your Will save, that was a good one.

Malak'ai
2012-09-02, 07:53 PM
((Hope I didn't over do the explanation of the torture, just trying to think of things a Halfman would do. Sorry if it make anyone a little squeamish, can't believe how sadistic I can be sometimes :smalleek:))

McDouggal
2012-09-02, 08:30 PM
Actually, that's a pretty standard T&I technique you did there.

Granted, I now don't want to be in the same room with you, but it's pretty standard.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-02, 08:39 PM
Garran pales as he hears Jelor's description of his torture methods. ... I see you've lived in the Borderlands a while. he turns to the captive. "Now, tell us everything. Who's leading you, you numbers and position, your plans, supply lines, everything. Be truthful now, if I learn you've lied to us I will show you what I can do with my pole arm and a barrel of lard."

McDouggal
2012-09-02, 10:42 PM
Yeah... He just broke. Big time. Any question you ask. he will answer to the best of his ability.

Of all the times to throw a natural 1 for your Will save, that was a good one.

10charactersftw!

Malak'ai
2012-09-03, 04:02 AM
((So what are the answers to the questions that were asked?))

Jelor turns his head to Garran, "Near all my life, apart from when I followed the Lord Dragon and Lord Ingtar in search of the Horn... I've seen the results of the Halfman's gentle caress many times before. The Mothers last embrace was a mercy for them after what those Eyeless had done to them..."

McDouggal
2012-09-03, 10:54 AM
Oops, my bad.

Numbers: around 8000.
Leader: Ostensibly Sevanna, but more the 2 sept chiefs since Sevanna isn't around.
Position: We lie approximately 20 miles to the North, in a cleft between 2 rivers.
We have no supply lines, and are rapidly approaching starvation. We have been unable to find large game to hunt.

hoverfrog
2012-09-03, 11:35 AM
"Unable to find game to hunt?" Rhaern is honestly shocked at this revelation. In the wet lands there is always enough to eat, even 8000 Shaido couldn't deplete an area so completely as to have nothing left.

"You are not Aiel. You deny the Car'a'carn because he revealed something that frightened you out of your honour. So you ran like a thief. This is why you cannot wear white. You are not trusted to meet your toh. You are worse than a treekiller. You are da'tsang." He puts all his contempt into the word.

"“Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.”" He looks at the prisoner. "You know the oath. Where will you be on the Last Day? Still running?"

"How many Wise Ones are with your 8000 Shaido? How many gai'shain do you drag with you in your dishonour? How many blacksmiths? It is not too late even for one such as you. Tell all that you know. Hold nothing back. You may be permitted to put on white and reclaim what little honour you have left."

McDouggal
2012-09-03, 01:11 PM
"We have allmost all our Wise Ones; but Sevanna took some with her for no reason we could tell. That's about... Call it 50?

"We have almost 16,000 Gai'shain.

"Why would you inquire after Blacksmiths? It is known that each sept has about 50."

hoverfrog
2012-09-03, 01:56 PM
"16,000 gai'shain? Where could you have gotten that many gai'shain?" The Shaido have not defeated anywhere near that many Aiel. Though he had heard rumours of the Shaido taking captives and treating them like gai'shain he couldn't believe it was true.

"A blacksmith can make weapons as well as tools. How well armed and equipped are the Shaido?"

Malak'ai
2012-09-03, 07:33 PM
Looking a little bewildered by the numbers the prisoner has given, Jelor turns to Rhaern and asks, "What are these gai'shain? Are they fighting men? Why would he list them separate from the rest of the warriors?"

McDouggal
2012-09-03, 07:35 PM
"Sevanna ordered us to take wetlanders as Gai'shain. We have very few Aiel as Gai'shain.

"We are very low on general supplies, for lack of raw materials."

You realize that there are lots of Aiel staring at you in shock.

hoverfrog
2012-09-04, 01:02 AM
"This is not right." he turns to Jelor with a look of surprise, "Wetlanders know nothing, must we explain that water is wet and shade is cool? Gai'shain do not fight, they do not even touch weapons. Though these are not gai'shain, these are something else."

Lentrax
2012-09-04, 01:07 AM
Miad stares in shock at the Shaido. "Sixteen.... What did you do? Take entire wetland clans gai'shain? That I cannot believe."

Malak'ai
2012-09-04, 04:17 AM
"If they are captives then, why do they not try and attack the ones who took them? I know you Aiel are fierce adversaries, but if they attacked the guards at night they would overcome them and then be able to escape. Even eight thousand men could defeat sixteen thousand, at night with majority of their number asleep." Jelor says, as he stands back up, "Also, I know water is wet Rhaern, but your ways, and these Old Tongue terms you use are not familiar to me, so if you must explain something then do it without making a fuss. I will do the same for you if the need arises."

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-04, 07:22 AM
Garran looked in confusion. "So... These Shaido are taking our people as slaves?" He turned to Jelor. How ought we to handle this? When should we inform the captain?"

hoverfrog
2012-09-04, 08:27 AM
Rhaern's hand twitches to his veil at Jelor's harsh words but he stops himself as he realises that the armoured man is right. These people have not been shaped by the Three-fold land and their ignorance is excusable. He would find a way to repay his toh. He would not shame him further by acknowledging it publicly. Instead he turns back to the prisoner.

"You have 24,000 mouths to feed. How are your numbers spread out? Are you in ten camps, twenty, fifty? Do you range far for food?"

If we know their distribution and patterns then we can form a plan of attack, take out foragers or hunters, pick off stragglers, free prisoners, and generally harry them.

McDouggal
2012-09-04, 08:56 AM
"We are in one big camp.

"We are foraging out as far as one day from camp to find enough food to live on."

Lentrax
2012-09-04, 09:49 AM
"Da'tsang they may be, Rhaern, but the Three-fold land still shaped them. Food for themselves would not be hard, it will be the Wetlanders that are hard to feed. They are not used to half full bellies and meager game."

Miad turns to the Shaido again. You were taken in battle, why do you not take up the white? To have an enemy come so close as to touch, your toh demands it."

McDouggal
2012-09-04, 11:10 AM
He wasn't taken in battle. It is possible to take captives without putting them in white; see Towers of Midnight, where Perrin's Aiel take a Shaido captive when he was without weapons. No clue how it was done, but it's possible.

"I wasn't taken in battle (said rather grumpily)."

Malak'ai
2012-09-04, 06:22 PM
Looking back to Garran, Jelor nods and says, "The captain must certainly be informed of this information, but first we must find out more."
Focusing back on the captured Shaido he asks, "What defenses do you have? How are patrols organized and how what patterns do they take? How often do you send patrols out? How many men... ahh... and women" he nods to Miad, "Do the patrols consist of?"

McDouggal
2012-09-04, 07:25 PM
"It depends. A full patrol will typically not go more than a mile out, and will have 20 Aiel. A Hunting group will have 2 Aiel in it."

The intimidation seems to be wearing off.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-04, 10:25 PM
"Hm. That's good information." He leans in close to the Aielman. "But I want to be clear. If anything goes wrong, or if we learn you've lied to us, I will find you and show you what I can do with my polearm and a barrel of lard."

McDouggal
2012-09-06, 05:18 PM
Oh, THAT's why you guys haven't been responding to my post about sense motive checks from the 4th. Forum ate it.

Anyhow, sense motive.

Malak'ai
2012-09-06, 05:26 PM
Slamming his dagger into the ground next to the prisoners feet, Jelor asks, "Is that the whole truth?"

Sense Motive check: [roll0]
Intimidate check (if allowed again) [roll1]

McDouggal
2012-09-06, 06:26 PM
Not allowed again.

Your threat unnerved him, but he made a Will save at one point in here.

Lentrax
2012-09-06, 06:31 PM
Sense motive: [roll0]

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-06, 06:32 PM
Sense motive: [roll0]

McDouggal
2012-09-06, 06:34 PM
You detect no falsehood. (rolled for Rhaern privately.)

Actions?

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-06, 06:48 PM
Well then, Garran says with a smile. I suppose that settles that. Might I recommend we go somewhere where we can discuss how we're going to take care of these Shaido?

Malak'ai
2012-09-06, 07:10 PM
"This must be reported to the Captain as quickly as we can manage. Miad, Rhaern would you like to accompany us back to the city. Your insights could prove most valuable for what ever plans the Captain will come up with." Jelor says as he reaches down and draws the dagger from out of the dirt, cleaning the blade on the Shaido's shirt, just below his throat.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-06, 07:24 PM
Garran turns to Miad and Rhaern, Would you come with us? Your insight and knowledge of these people would be valuable.

McDouggal
2012-09-06, 08:38 PM
Have you rested a full day? Remember, Jelor is banned from city limits permanently after sundown of "that day"

Assuming that you haven't, Guard Captain tells you "good work."

Gain 50 gold and 200 XP each

He offers you a job scouting out these "Shaido."

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-06, 09:12 PM
"Scouting only? No direct confrontation?"

McDouggal
2012-09-06, 11:23 PM
"If unavoidable" he says with a shrug. "We're trying desperately to not seem a threat, and attacking them if they can get away is a bad idea."

"If the Aiel aren't willing to loan us their prisoners, I authorize you to take prisoners."

hoverfrog
2012-09-07, 12:24 AM
"I would like nothing more than to seek out the Shaido." Rhaern looks questioningly at Miad, "To free wetlanders from our enemy would help the Car'a'carn gain the love of these people, would it not?"

Lentrax
2012-09-07, 03:56 AM
Miad looks to the others. "The Car'a'carn... is a very hard man to please. I am not sure how he would react at hearing of us fighting the Shaido on our own.I will not incur toh to suit your obligations."

McDouggal
2012-09-07, 11:18 AM
Rhaern: Yes
Miad: Sorry, that's a bit obtuse. Clear it up please?

McDouggal
2012-09-08, 06:04 PM
OK, What are you doing?

Lentrax
2012-09-09, 12:39 AM
Miad is waiting for the others. If we are going to try and find more scouts, fine.

At the same time, she is also prepared to run to gather all the other scouting parties, so we can launch an assault on the Shaido.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-09, 07:41 AM
Garran is also waiting with the others. Are we waiting to gather more scouts?

hoverfrog
2012-09-09, 07:57 AM
"Why have the Shaido not moved on?" Rhaern thinks that he knows the answer but wants to hear it from the prisoner.

McDouggal
2012-09-09, 11:00 AM
Prisoner refuses to answer.

McDouggal
2012-09-11, 09:08 PM
Preparations made for the adventure. I wasn't expecting you to attack; oops.

OK: you have, under your command, 30 Illianer swordsmen, 10 Illianer Longbowmen, and 10 Aiel, with the directive to do some "aggressive intelligence gathering." The Aiel will tend to ignore/accidentally misinterpret the commands of the Wetlanders, and the Illianers are distrustful of the Aiel.

Your move.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-11, 09:32 PM
(this would be a couple of days later, right?)

Garran strokes his stubble of a beard, a recent development due to his release from the guard. He turns to Rhaern, "So we are here for 'some aggressive intelligence gathering', sounds thrilling." He says with a grin. "Maybe this can prove to the Lord Dragon that his people are willing to work together."

Lentrax
2012-09-11, 11:16 PM
Miad tends to stay away from the Wetlanders. She still doesn't trust them, and expects she never will.

"Rhaern. I am going to go ahead with the scouts. Care to join me?"

hoverfrog
2012-09-12, 06:05 AM
"Indeed," Rhaern is concerned that the Illianers will simply give away our position.

Lentrax
2012-09-12, 06:22 AM
Pulling her veil up over her face to expose as little of herself as possible, Miad runs off into the underbrush, soon vanishing from sight.

Until we get closer to the Shaido, I wasn't going to worry about making a hide check, but I still can if you want.

McDouggal
2012-09-12, 08:13 AM
Nah, you're still a day off. Yes, it's a few days later; both groups had to get together and figure out "You're sending what? I'm sending what?"

BTW: Illianers are Warrior 1, Aiel are Warrior 1/Rogue 1

Malak'ai
2012-09-13, 06:31 PM
Jelor walks up and down the line of swordsmen and bowmen, examining each of them in turn.
Coming to stand 10' away from them, Jelor starts to issue his orders, "This is a scouting mission. You will not engage the enemy unless they engage you first, and even then you will fight in a retreat. We do not have the numbers to waste pointlessly."

McDouggal
2012-09-13, 08:30 PM
*go on. I'm going to let you do this stuff, interjecting if I feel it necessary. The soldiers aren't 100% keen on fighting Aiel either; You actually have a veteran from the Aiel war in the group.*

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-17, 07:44 PM
Garran looks over the men another time, he could hard believe that his life had changed so quickly. He turned to Jelor, "Well this is it, shall we move out?"

Malak'ai
2012-09-17, 08:47 PM
"Yes, we have a lot of ground to cover and I'm sure the Aiel will be in position soon." Jelor says to Garran before turning to the assembled Illianers.
"Alright, we're moving out, I want fifteen swordsmen and five bowmen with me, the rest of you are with Lion... Remember, stay quiet and keep your eyes sharp. If the worst happens and we're attacked I want the swordsmen to form a ring around the bowmen. We'll act as the Anvil while the Lion on his men smash the foe from the flank or rear." he continues, pointing out to the men who will be following him.

Lentrax
2012-09-18, 01:02 AM
There is a small chuckle from the bushes to Jelors right. Miad lowers her veil as she stands up.

"Smashing is what children do to the Hold Spiders. If you truly want to stand to the Aiel, you must learn speed and agility. A year in the Waste would do you Wetlanders some good. You may even become civilized."

hoverfrog
2012-09-18, 01:05 AM
Amused at the giving of orders Rhaern turns to the Aiel scouts. They know how to fight and need no encouragement. He waits for Miad.

Lentrax
2012-09-18, 02:17 AM
Flashing more hand gestures to the other Aiel woman, Miad chuckles again as she lopes off.

Let's get going.

McDouggal
2012-09-18, 09:05 AM
You begin moving to the north.

SPOT, LISTEN & SEARCH!

Lentrax
2012-09-18, 09:51 AM
Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

hoverfrog
2012-09-18, 10:16 AM
Rhaern and Redfur move to the front of the Aiel when we are away from the camp and try to pick up tracks and scent. If we spot anything we leave markers (stones or twigs pointing towards trouble) for the others.

Rhaern

Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]
Survival: [roll3]

Redfur

Spot: [roll4]
Listen: [roll5]
Survival: [roll6]
He's tracking by scent so we try to move with the wind in our faces where possible.

McDouggal
2012-09-18, 12:49 PM
The Aiel spot recent signs of habitation by a human, but it is very obviously not Shaido. More interestingly, the person seems to be out on their own.

Even more interesting? You find a torn dress in an obvious campsite.

Al'Lan, you're up.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-18, 01:13 PM
Returning from the stream, Renaille caught sight of two Aiel approaching her campsite, and dropped instantly behind a tree. The small bucket she carried sloshed noisily, but she stowed it behind her as she calmed herself and embraced the source.

Saidar rushed into her and she felt exhilarated by it's prescence, but she focussed on the two interlopers. Shaido she suspected, knowing their cmp was close, but she needed to know more about these Aiel, especially why they were so close to Ilian. Were they truly in the power of the Dragon Reborn?

She wove Air and used it to project her voice into the clearing: "Stop where you are Aiel. I am an Aes Sedai and mean you no harm. Put down your weapons." Her voice was strong and clear, she only hoped it would be enough to convince them.

Use Ghost Sound.

Hide check? [roll0]

Lentrax
2012-09-18, 01:51 PM
Hand signals flash between the two women as they catch each others attention.

<A dress. It is torn.>

<Who would be foolish enough to walk around even these lands unclothed?>

<What should we do?>

<I will stay here. You go see who it is. Dance well, sister. If you should wake from the dream...>

<Every Day is a good day to wake from the dream, my sister.>

Miad stalked through the underbrush as well as she could. She was nearing the point where she could just hear a bucket of water sloshing around, when a woman's voice rang out.

"Stop where you are Aiel. I am an Aes Sedai and mean you no harm. Put down your weapons."

Miad walked from the trees. Her veil still covered her face. Her spear was drwan and levelled in the direction of the voice.

"If you tuly are a wetlander Wise One, then show yourself."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-18, 02:05 PM
Renaille had not expected the Aiel to give up easily, but she didn't yet have her full power, and there could be more Aiel out there. She gathered her courage, and still holding the source, stepped out from behind her tree. She readied herself to distract the pair if she needed to leave quickly.

"I have shown myself, now put down your weapon." Her voice was steady and authoritative.

Lentrax
2012-09-18, 02:14 PM
Does everyone in the wetlands fold so easily? If the Car'a'carn had not been born amid all this green I would have no hope for any of them?

Still...

Miad steps back. If she was a Wise One, Miad is in a lot of trouble. And if she isn't, she is reasonably sure she could take care of one wetlander woman.

Miad lowers her spear, and removes her veil. Then she drops to her knees, and bows her head.

"I am Miad of the Red Waters Sept of the Goshein Aiel. I serve the Aes Sedai. We have toh."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-18, 02:40 PM
Serves the Aes Sedai? Well this could work out well.

Renaille smiled briefly, "So you are not Shaido? I am Renaille Sedai, of the Red Ajah. If not Shaido, what is your purpose here?"

Lentrax
2012-09-18, 03:00 PM
Miad speaks, head still bowed. "We are searching for them, Wise One. Our intention is to disrupt their supplies and then send them back to the Waste like the cowardly dogs they are."

hoverfrog
2012-09-18, 04:35 PM
Rhaern approaches cautiously to this woman claiming to be an Aes Sedai. Could she be lying? Could she be a shadowrunner? That might explain why she was hiding? "How do we know that you speak the truth?"

Sense motive [roll0]

Rhaern is aware of the three oaths and is trying to catch Renaille Sedai in a lie or an act of aggression.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-18, 05:53 PM
Renaille took afront at being questioned, and rudely raised her fist in front of her, displaying the serpent ring. "Aes Sedai speak no word that is not true, and this ring ought to be enough proof for you."

"What do you know of the Shaido then?" She asks Miad, more comfortable with the woman's deference than the man's doubt.

Yes she's sexist... it can be her adorable foible. :smallwink:

Malak'ai
2012-09-18, 06:46 PM
Watching as the Aiel start out, Jelor slowly counts to one hundred, then motions for his detachment to follow him.
Keeping to the same path as Miad took as best he can, he keeps his eyes peeled for anything that may be a threat.
Listen Check: [roll0]
Spot Check: [roll1]

Noticing the Aiel have stopped and are gathering around a woman, Jelor orders his men to wait and strides forth, drawing his sword, holding his shield ready to be raised if need be.
As he gets into a space where he can see the woman thrusting her hand out and saying she's Aes Sedai, Jelor sighs and sheathes his sword again, stepping up and saying "Greetings Aes Sedai. By the Lord Dragon it is good to see the Saido did not find you before us.
I am Jelor Koer, late in service to House Shinowa and these are some of my companions." while bowing deeply to the Sister.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-18, 07:03 PM
This was getting rather out of hand...

Two Aiel could be dealt with, but now a soldier arrives, and with troops: though at least he was a borderlander and would have proper respect for Aes Sedai.

"Greetings Master Koer. I am Renaile Sedai. I know the Shaido are all around here, I just don't know their purpose." She pursed her lips, remembering Jelor's words: "From what you've said I surmise that they are no under the Dragon's sway?" She attempted to keep the contempt from her voice: she was surrounded by Aielmen and Ilianers, who had all so far bent the knee to this man who called himself Dragon.

Malak'ai
2012-09-18, 07:23 PM
Standing back up but keeping his posture rigid, Jelor smiles a little at the Aes Sedai's greeting, then his expression slips at the term "under the Dragon's sway".
"None here are under the Dragon's sway Aes Sedai. We are not Dragonsworn. I follow the Lord Dragon because I was there to witness him defeating the Dark One in the sky above Falme. These Aiel follow him because he is their..." he pauses for a moment, looking at Miad and with a slight questioning tone in his voice, "Car 'a' carn?... he says slowly, Their Chief of Chiefs. The soldiers behind me because he is now their rightful King. Those Shaido though... They are nothing but bandits... Raiding towns and villages. Taking everyone but the really young and old prisoner. No. They do not follow the Lord Dragon."

Taking his shield off his arm, Jelor relaxes a bit, "As for their purpose, that's what we're here to find out. We have been asked by Illian to find out if they intend to attack and where that attack may come from. From what my companions have been able to tell us, there are close to 8000 Shaido not too far from here, along with all their prisoners."

Lentrax
2012-09-18, 09:38 PM
"Wise One," Miad began. "Our knowledge of the Shaido comes only from what we were able to gather from a prisoner taken in battle. The Shaido have abandoned ji'e'toh and have become nothing more than dogs. Dogs who know how to use their teeth."

Miad is still kneeling before the Aes Sedai, her tone is respectful.

hoverfrog
2012-09-19, 01:14 AM
"Are you pledged to the Car'a'carn, the one you know as the Dragon Reborn?" Rhaern could certainly believe that this was an Aes Sedai but his opinion of them was not high. The Aiel had not forgotten ji'e'toh but tales among the camps say that the Aes Sedai had. She could be an enemy still.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-19, 05:02 AM
"Oh yes I follow the Dragon." Or am following him she thought "I know where the Shaido camp was yesterday, and if they are as large in number as you say, I doubt they could move easily from there." She would have to find out what she could of both the Dragon and the Shaido from these, and maybe this Jellor would be able to lead her to him.

Lentrax
2012-09-19, 05:47 AM
"Their hunting parties must not be far off then," Miad says, a hint of eagerness in her voice.

"With you permission, Wise One, we will continue our search."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-19, 06:17 AM
"I shall accompany you." Renaille nods to Miad, "Lets go."

hoverfrog
2012-09-19, 06:28 AM
Surprised at such a straightforward answer from an Aes Sedai, Rhaern bows in answer. He then moves ahead of the Aiel with Redfur to continue his scouting, thinking about this encounter as he checks the land. She follows the Car'a'carn. Aes Sedai cannot lie and she bears the ring. I must trust her to better serve the Chief of Chiefs but there is something I am missing here.

Lentrax
2012-09-19, 08:15 AM
Miad stands up and runs off in the direction of the Shaido camp, veiling her. Face once more in the browns and greens of her cadin'sor.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-19, 08:31 AM
Garran stumbles into the clearing as they finish up looking obviously disheveled. "Ugh. I just stepped into the burrow of the grumpiest badger alive. Let me tell you, badgers aren't very sociable this time of..." he looks in surprise at their new companion. "Oh. Hello there. My name's Garran, what's yours?"

Malak'ai
2012-09-20, 05:55 PM
Watching as Miad runs off to rejoin her group of Aiel, Jelor turns to the new Aes Sedai, "I do not mean to question your decisions Aes Sedai, but I believe it would be better to join with either myself or Lion's detachments. These Aiel move fast and can hide so well it's as if they've become invisible, I do no wish to see you seemingly finding yourself standing in the open by yourself." he says, bowing his head a little.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-20, 06:30 PM
Renaille pursed her lips at the implied criticism, and turned to the other man who had led troops there. "I am Renaille Sedai." She stated firmly, and I would know more of a man who is called Lion." She firmly attaches herself to the Lion's group, as though Jelor's suggestion was her own idea.

Malak'ai
2012-09-20, 06:37 PM
Nodding again as the Aes Sedai moves to join Garran's group, Jelor makes his way back to his men, "Alright men, rest time is over. Let's get moving again." he says, leading the detachment after the Aiel again.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-20, 07:15 PM
Garran nods and smiles. "A pleasure Ms. Renaille Sedai. You will be quite safe with me. Let's move out!" He calls to his men.

Lentrax
2012-09-21, 04:13 AM
An Aes Sedai. I know we owe them a debt, but my mother told me how the wetlanders distrust them. If they cannot be trusted, should we trust them to know when our debt is repaid?

Miad runs through the trees, her spear-sister following shortly behind. Miad slowed her pace so everyone else could keep up with her, which allowed her the time to look around, though most of her attention is paid to watching the brush for signs of an ambush.

McDouggal
2012-09-21, 12:43 PM
Spot, Listen, and search rolled previously. After a day, you come to near the Shaido camp (it's about 2 miles away). One of the Aiel reports finding Shaido trail about 1/2 a mile West, and Garran's group of Illianers find a very obvious recent deer kill about 1/4 a mile away to the South.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-21, 08:58 PM
"Alright team, this will get messy soon." He turns to Renaille, "Well my dear, I'm afraid the time for battle is soon at hand. Is there any reason why you'd not be able to wield your power against the Shaido?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-22, 04:06 AM
"The power may not be used as a weapon against any save Shadowspawn. But I will assist you as I can. What is your purpose here: you cannot hope to destroy the Shaido camp with so few?" Renaille embraced the source, preparing for the storm.

Lentrax
2012-09-22, 05:26 AM
Miad will gather up half the Aiel, and follow the trail.

hoverfrog
2012-09-22, 05:57 AM
Rhaern will gather the other Aiel and shadow the first group. We should move parallel and about a hundred feet apart. If they are ambushed we can ambush the ambushers or move to cover their retreat.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-22, 09:16 AM
Garran orders his group to move nearly 100 feet away from the Aiel group, setting them up parallel to theirs.

Lentrax
2012-09-22, 11:10 AM
Miad uses some of the signals common to all the septs and holds, signaling for stealth. Staying to the shadows as best she can, Miad will follow the trail as best she can.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Oh ****

McDouggal
2012-09-22, 11:09 PM
Hmmm... OK, problem I'm having is that I can't figure out a good way to pull off this stuff in paint. Gonna be a day or so before I have the map setup. I can't figure out how I'm going to tell the different Nameless Aiel apart.

Malak'ai
2012-09-23, 06:07 PM
Watching as Miad and her Aiel start to follow the trail, Jelor holds up a hand, slowing his detachment then motions for them to proceed again, following parallel to where the Aiel were.

hoverfrog
2012-09-24, 01:40 AM
Hmmm... OK, problem I'm having is that I can't figure out a good way to pull off this stuff in paint. Gonna be a day or so before I have the map setup. I can't figure out how I'm going to tell the different Nameless Aiel apart.Different colours? Red vs Blue.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-09-24, 07:28 AM
Sure thing Sarge! :smallwink:

McDouggal
2012-09-24, 08:09 AM
That I had figured out. The problem now is that there's enough motion going on that I can't keep track of the Aiel.

McDouggal
2012-10-21, 12:19 AM
Map is made. All make spot and listen checks; anyone who is NOT Lentrax takes a -2 distance penalty.

EDIT: There is long grass and some small trees around. None big enough to interfere with movement, but certainly enough to hide in.

Lentrax
2012-10-21, 02:26 AM
Miad keeps looking through the grass, wary of everything.

Checks:
Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]
Initiative: [roll2]
I saw you asked for initiative in the OOC thread but not here, so I am still going to roll it.

And... I'm pretty sure I see and hear everything.

hoverfrog
2012-10-21, 04:14 AM
Rhaern keeps a wary eye on the trees, anyone could be hiding in them, but does not neglect watching for movement in the long grass.

I've included the -2 distance modifier
Rhaern
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Redfur
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

Redfur also has the scent (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#scent) ability in case we're down wind of anything

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-21, 05:04 AM
Renaile strides closer, attempting to be soundless, but not adept at stealth. She embraces the source, allowing Saidar to flood her. Glancing around with Power-heightened senses she hopes to not be caught unawares by the enemy Aiel.

Move SIlently [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Spot [roll2]

Initiative if necessary: [roll3]

hoverfrog
2012-10-21, 06:34 AM
Initiative
Rhaern [roll0]
Redfur [roll1]

Arranis Thelmos
2012-10-21, 07:18 AM
Garran looks around, surveying the field.

Initiative: [roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

McDouggal
2012-10-23, 12:30 AM
OK, no surprise round.

INITIATIVE ORDER:
Miad
Rhaern
Enemy Aiel
Illian Soldiers
Renaille
Jelor
Redfur
Garran
Friendly Aiel

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p527/MacDouggal/graph_paper-Copy_zps980bd011.gif

Arrow signal where the others are (as they are obviously off the map). Call it 3 rounds before they get in close. Friendly Aiel missed their Spot but got their listen. No surprise.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-23, 04:56 AM
Who's who? where are we on the map?

McDouggal
2012-10-23, 07:54 PM
Brown is Shaido Aiel, pink is Friendly Aiel. Arrows of a person's color show where their group is on a direct line to the battle. Lentrax and her group are the only one who is actually in position to fight (unless I'm misremembering something about one of your characters...)

Lentrax
2012-10-23, 10:11 PM
In the blink of an eye, Miad is veiled again. Spear in hand, she lets out a whooping cry and charges the nearest Shaido.

Attack:[roll0]

Great.

McDouggal
2012-10-23, 10:18 PM
Yep, misses.

hoverfrog
2012-10-24, 12:50 AM
Rhaern

"They have the Dark One's luck to be able to surround our scouts," Rhaern veils himself in one motion and, spinning his sling in a wide arc, takes a shot at the closest Shaido. He signals for his group of Aiel to do likewise.

Range is 50 ft and I'm not sure how far away I am
To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Critical on a natural 20 [roll2]
Damage if the critical hits [roll3]

McDouggal
2012-10-24, 02:26 AM
~90 feet. Yeah, that's a miss.

ZERGFEST!

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p527/MacDouggal/graph_paper-Copy-Copy_zps1274e50b.gif

Lentrax gets critted (2 20's in a row... FUUUU) and takes 15. I decided not to one-shot you, because I did roll an 8 on the original damage die.

The double teamed Aiel takes two spears to the chest and dies. The two farther in distance from Lentrax get hit as well, but remain up.

I'm worried that the fight just ended :smalleek:

After the Zergfest, with W signifying Wounded Aiel.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p527/MacDouggal/graph_paper-Copy-Copy_zpscf34d9c7.gif

Illian Soldiers await orders. You have 5 bowmen with each group.

McDouggal
2012-10-24, 05:12 AM
*Inititaitve updated with Jelor.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-24, 09:32 AM
Renaille draws on Saidar and weaves a complex pattern of Fire and Air, the spinning pattern creating dancing images in the air, and dazzling the Aiel as they think themselves under attack.

Hypnotism: effects [roll0] HD of Shaido
Lasts for [roll1] rounds. Tagets allowed a DC14 will save. They get a +2 bonus for being in combat.

McDouggal
2012-10-24, 09:48 AM
Yeah, you aren't close enough (yet).

You are 3 rounds walking distance away. That is ~90 feet.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-10-24, 09:56 AM
Woops, it's been a while, thought Renaille was with Miad

Lentrax
2012-10-24, 10:08 AM
Nope, I ran off ahead, what with my higher base speed and all.
Of course, now thats probably not a good thing, seeing as how I am lying on my back with a spear sticking out of my gut... :smalleek:

Malak'ai
2012-10-24, 06:40 PM
Hearing the sounds of battle, Jelor turns and starts running towards the commotion. As he gets close enough to see whats going on he shouts as loud as he can, "Lion! The Aiel are attacking!"
Turning to the men following him he says, "Swordsmen, with me. Bowmen, position yourselves around the perimeter and pick your shots. Go for the ones who aren't engaged."

McDouggal
2012-10-24, 07:08 PM
Bowmen unleash volley at the two that just killed an Aiel. One gets hit by 3 arrows and dies, the other deflects the arrow that was headed for him with his spearshaft.