PDA

View Full Version : Help me Shadowrunners, you're my only hope. IC

a_humble_lich
2012-08-14, 06:15 AM
It has been a hell of a week.

As a group you have just come off a job. The pay was decent, and surprisingly the job went off without a hitch. But after the job you met with Mr. Johnson at an abandoned warehouse. Unfortunately, Johnson didn't know that the "abandoned" warehouse was actually currently home to a hive of very angry wasp spirits. While you managed to get out unhurt, Mr Johnson was less lucky. Even worse, he was killed before you got paid. Such is the life of a Shadowrunner.

As you sit at your favorite bar commiserating on your loss, you suddenly feel a slight chill come over you. Moments later the translucent form of an elven woman appears in front of you.

"Greetings. While you don't know me, I have been watching your careers for quite some time. Just in case I ever needed your unique services. That time has come and I have an extraction job for you. Namely I am being held prisoner and have decided that I would like to leave. Specifically, I am the sole prisoner being held in the Temple of the Sun in Tenochtitlán. If you are unfamiliar with Tenochtitlán, it is a hard building to miss.

As I know that you do not do anything for free, if I am released you can have the entire contents of Credit Suisse account 675-J9D-9871. I will let you check the contents yourself, the authorization login is 4ymbRQs45Z.

I am not sure when I will next have access to the Astral Plane, but I shall try to answer your questions for as long as I can."

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-08-14, 10:36 AM
Drake raises an eyebrow at the apparition, watching and listening as she explains the situation. The first thing he does is check out the Credit Suisse account, leaning back in his chair and take a long gulp of his beer. He glances around at his team with a small grin.

I'm still pretty new to SR, but I imagine I can log on and check out the account pretty easily, no?

Destrude
2012-08-14, 03:23 PM
Just as the mysterious woman finishes speaking her piece, Legs bursts out of the bar's bathroom with a wild look in his eye, shouting "Hey guys, what'd I miss? Bummer about the job, but hey you win some lose some, and you can't win 'em all, and anyway..."

His manic rambling trails off as his eyes focus on the etherial elven figure standing in the bar next to his teammates. Slowly, he looks down from her to a small empty baggie in his hand. Without looking up, he asks his compatriots "You guys see her too, right?"

lonewolf1210
2012-08-14, 04:44 PM
The Lady reacts a bit more calm to the astral manifestation.
"greetings. I must say that this does somewhat crack the top 5 list of most unusual Mr. Johnson meetings I've hed."

She switches to astral sight to take a quick look at the womans aura before continuing.
"Lets start with the easiest background questions: Whats your name and why are you prisoner in Atzlan? I've poked into one wasp nest too many already today, so Im not going in this without beeing able to estimate the potential fallout."

lonewolf1210
2012-08-14, 04:46 PM
Assensing: [roll0]

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-08-14, 06:50 PM
Drake glances at Legs over his glass wearily and nods, rolling his eyes. The big ork sits forward, elbows on the table now as he listens to the Lady as her questions.

Destrude
2012-08-14, 09:37 PM
"Whew, I was a little worried there." Legs makes his way over to the table, his bird-like raptor legs moving in smooth contrast to the jitteriness of his eyes and arms. Settling back down in his seat, he stares at the elven apparition for a few seconds before speaking in a calmer tone.

"Ok, so we're being hired? Where to, exactly? And what do you know about your captors?"

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-08-14, 11:03 PM
Putting his glass down after another gulp of beer, Drake wipes foam from his mouth with the back of his black hoodie's sleeve and finally speaks in his deep contemplative baritone, "and do you know anything about the layout of this...Temple?"

TheMightyQuinn
2012-08-15, 02:38 AM
James Stone

*Matrix support was always fun. Well, if you knew what you were doing, and didn't mind long hours, meticulous work and absolutely no room for mistakes. It just so happened, that was right up Jims alley. Well. For the most part.*

*After two drinks, the mental fatigue had been enough to kick his sleep regulator into overdrive, and hell - it's not like he was going to find anywhere safer to sleep than surrounded by his teammates. The worst that would happen was maybe some creative use of permanant marker.*

*Waking himself with a loud snore, James looks around bleary-eyed for a moment, stretching his arms out to either side as he blinks hard at the AR display floating before them.*
"You know, you guys, they have live dancers down the street. The AR ones look nice, but just don't do it for me."

*With a wave of his hand, he motions as though he's going to dismiss the AR figure in front of them, only to have it stay right where it is. His confused look lasts just a moment before he looks down at his drink.*
"Alright. Something weird is going on. It's either meat-world weird or laced drink weird. Legs - little help here?"

a_humble_lich
2012-08-15, 05:46 AM
You can relativly easily log into the Suisse Credit account. You do not have much experiance with the Swiss banking system, but this account is not tied to a SIN. In fact there is no identification in the account at all. Your password is only a guess account. It allows you to check the balance of the account, and it verifies that whoever gave you the password is the valid account holder.

But the question you were probably interested was the account balance. ¥ 239,752 ¥ 1,639,752.

On the Astral plane, the Lady can see the apperition's form to be more solid, but cannot get much more from her aura as she most likely already guessed. She is a metahuman mage, with no cheap cyberware, and slightly agitated.

The public layers of the Temple are public knowledge and should be easily found. As to where I am being kept, I don't really know other than it is underneath the public layers and the astral space hear is heavily corrupted by the Aztecs and there are more powerful wards than I have ever seen before.

Who are my captors? That is trickier than you might guess. There is little difference between the Aztlan government and Aztechnology here, but they are both involved. I was involved with the freedom movement of Yucatan, but was captured near the end of the war. Since then I have learned as part of the peace treaty by former companions swore that they would not try to rescue me. Since then I have tried...They're coming. I must go now but I hope to be able to contact you again as soon as I can.

With that the figure disappears.. The Lady can see her rapidly moving to the South astrally.

lonewolf1210
2012-08-21, 09:21 AM
Taking another indulging sip from the 75 nuyen Tir-wine she had ordered, The Lady switches back to normal sight.

"Im intrigued. Saving a damsel in distress is normally not a womans job, but I cant really let a fellow elven mage rot in that nightmare of an Azzie prison.
Plus all the rain around here isnt really that beneficial to my tan. A trip into the heat would be a nice change of pace there. Do you think we could visit some of the beaches while we are there? But I need to get some shopping done first. My bikini almost screams like 2071 fashion, its not even funny."

She smiles, takes another sip and for a moment manages to focus on the task at hand:
"So anyone got experiance traveling to Atzlan? I guess we either need to find a smuggler to get us in there or travel in as "tourists" and leave most of our equipment behind. I have little fear of not getting through security, but I guess for some of you that might be a bit of a problem, right?"
During that last sentence, The Lady especially looked at Legs with his obvious cyberlegs. And not for the first time, Legs feels her eyes linger on him a bit longer than expected with an inviting smile.

Destrude
2012-08-21, 04:57 PM
To James' question, Legs just grins and shrugs, as if to say "your guess is as good as mine."

After the ephemeral visitor vanishes Legs leans back and props his feet up on the seat across from him, his three articulated toes flexing as he stretches. "Bah, customs doesn't worry me a bit. On the off chance I can't charm my way through, I could just run all the way there. Damn, but this is some good stuff." He grins widely at Lady and rubs his nose before continuing.

"But seriously, I know a guy who can get us into Azzie territory. The question is, what are we gonna do when we get there? I've never tackled a temple before."

@lonewolf
His altered state is making him a bit distracted. :) He'll pick up on the innuendo in about 15 minutes.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-08-21, 05:27 PM
Drake shakes his head when the apparition disappears, as if to clear his head from a hallucination. He shrugs at Legs and says, "We'll just have to poke around the old fashioned way, try the locals, hit the street…we could start by finding an excuse to get into the public areas…case the joint, I believe is the expression."

He turns to James, "Think you could hack into Aztech's records? Get a layout that won't be on any public map?

TheMightyQuinn
2012-08-21, 05:34 PM
James Stone

*Listening to the direction of the conversation, James sits forward and rubs heavily at his eyes.*
"Alright people - I know I just heard that wrong. I always knew you guys were loco, but this just takes the cake. I mean, if we're going to talk about heading there, I could suggest some heavy hacking on the Zurich sub-orbital too. You know - just to throw a sane suggestion into the mix."

*Flicking a few creds towards the bar AR display, he sets another round of drinks coming their way.*
"I mean - have you people read anything about The Big A? They don't play around! These guys are into everything from Sacrificing prisoners to making deals with Bugs, aw, holy mother people - I'd bet my deck that they've gone Faustian, or their own version of it and sold their souls."

*Taking a deep breath, he shrugs.*
"But - I won't have word get around that I'd leave a chummer to hang. I know there ain't an electron wizard around like me. You crazy slags decide you're in, you can count on me. Don't expect me to stop complaining though."

*With a half smile, he takes a long drink and starts manipulating his AR displays, appearing to be poking at the air.*

lonewolf1210
2012-08-22, 09:40 AM
Lady pokes James on the shoulder: "Stop beeing such a spoilsport all the time! Sure Atzlan has its dark corners, but thats just one more reason to stand up to them!"

With a smile returning to her face she faces Legs to answer his question: "As to how to get in there: My speciality is social engineering. Finding out who works in the temple, get to know them and one way or another arrange them to provide us with the information we need to get in there or even get them to help us break her out."

TheMightyQuinn
2012-08-22, 06:33 PM
James Stone

*James nearly chokes on his drink as he snorts.*
"Spoilsport? Listen here, little miss 70's britches. Yeah - the Azzies have got some dark corners, if by dark, you mean the kind of stuff that sane people have nightmares about. I'm not saying we're not going to do it..."
*Wiping his face with a sleeve, he shrugs and waves a hand at the place the woman was occupying only moments before.*
".. if she's good for it, I'd shoot your mother for that kind of bank. You know - figuratively speaking, of course."

*With a smile, he looks off to the side as he brings up an AR window, text appearing in his vision before streaming off towards it's destination - his contact in the 49ers, Francisco-San.
{}Hoi - hope you're keeping your hoops out of the fire, kid - might be asking for some help with a bit of data retreival, if you feel like a bit of an electronic workout - ever done any work on the Mexico City RTG?{}

Starting a Data Search for information on the facility, as well as any publicly available data the corporation has. Stockholder information, yearly reports to the corporate courts and government agencies.
I'll give threading a try, just for a test-drive.
so Threading - Software 13+5 Suite +8 Resonance = 26

[roll0]
Edit - 8 hits

And To Resist Fading - 5 needed to resist all
[roll1]
Edit - 7 hits, so no problem there

Data Search - 9, Browse - 8 (Say, 5 of the hits from threading)
[roll2]
Edit - And 8 hits to start with the data Search - not bad. I figure it's something that's going to have to run for a while, so maybe buying hits is a better way to figure out how long it'll take.

With as much difficulty as it took him to exhale, there was another AR window in his feild of vision, bringing up a myriad of search tools he relied on for their ability to go unnoticed. The form took the shape of a writhing, shifting cloud of vapors to his eyes, but it's appearance mattered little - it was meant to infiltrate all the little nooks and crannies to ferret out information. Setting it off to gather what published data the corporation reported on low-level workers, maintenance staff, contracts and such, he took a second to force a surge of energy into the mist, changing it from a light white to a dark grey before he let the form go, knowing it would take a while to gather the mass of data, even with the extra force he put into it.*

*Taking a few deep breaths, he waited for the strain and throbbing behind his eyes to pass before looking at his gathered associates.*
"So, since I'm assuming we're all in, I've got some mojo-going. Easy enough to cut off if we decide not to, but I'd like to point out that she didn't give us much of a timeframe to work with here - what are we thinking?"

a_humble_lich
2012-08-24, 07:24 AM
As Aztechnology is one of the largest corporations in the world and are quasi-unified with the Aztlan government there is a lot of public information available. And even more things that are written about them. What in particular are you looking for?

As far as the facility goes, the Temple of the Sun is located in downtown Tenochtitlán. The upper levels are open to the public, and it is one of the most holy sites to the Nahualli. It is modeled on the ruins found in Teotihuacan. From the outside it appears to be a massive stone pyramid with a staircase leading to the top. On the top is a temple which is very popular with pilgrams. Animal sacrifices are performed--and other less wholesome sacrifices if rumors are believed.

What the lower levels contain are not public knowledge. It is widely belied there are chambers and ritual magic areas for priests. It is also suspected that it serves as a base for the Jaguar Guards, Aztlan's Elite fighting force.

You think you can also find a map of the public temple, but you program is still working on it (in otherwords I don't have it yet for you.)

lonewolf1210
2012-08-24, 06:42 PM
The Lady ignores James complaining for now and instead focuses on his last question:
"My guess is that there isnt a huge hurry in getting this done. She has been in that prison for the last 8 years. If it takes us a month to get her out and it works, the additional month will most likely make not much of a difference. Of course faster is better, but I really dont want to rush this unnecessarily.

What do you think about organizing some fake-Aztechnology-SINs for all of us? In any case we´re gonna need some spanish linguasofts for most of us."

TheMightyQuinn
2012-08-25, 02:42 AM
James

*With a snort, James waves the Lady off and leans back in the booth, making himself comfortable.*
"Yeah - I can hook us up with SINs - I think I've got a guy that can hook us up with some pretty hot linguasofts too. Dialect will be important, if that's the case. Of course - neither of those come cheap, and getting into Azzie territory is going to be fun to say the least. I don't think they'd allow half the gear I carry, and I don't haul much."

"Good thinking though - I'll see what I can do about setting us up with some reliable comms to use as dummies while we're there. we'll want ones that have enough history and activity recorded on them to help us blend in, and when we're done, we can wipe them and just hand them off to some poor slags down there - let the Azzies follow some squatters for a few days if they pick up our trail."

OOC:

Alright - well, any information regarding the temple would be great - floor plans, rennovations, security detail, etcetera, but I realize most of it isn't going to be available with just a simple search - I was hoping to pick up information on anyone that might be easy targets for social engineering too - employees with access like janitors or tour guides.
Just trying to think of a good place to start with the searches.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-08-25, 09:43 AM
Drake has been looking thoughtful for a bit, taking the occasional sip of his disappearing beer. He nods as James speaks and then adds, "as much as I hate to admit it, you're right. We'll never get our gear past, not one, but three national borders. And, the Azzies hit hard, we'll need to be able to hit back...you know, just in case. He adds the part with an almost excited sneer.

lonewolf1210
2012-08-27, 10:15 AM
The Lady browses in Shadowland a bit and finds a collection of files concerning Aztlan including a section about how to get into and out of Aztlan.
"Hey guys look at that! Looks a bit outdated, but I guess the general information shouldnt have changed much.
Hmm... Entering the country legaly really seems to be a no go. Aside from beaurocratic issues in getting a visa, they have some of the best SIN-checkers at all the checkpoints and very thorough searches at the border, including mages at all border stations.
The Aztlan radar air control also seems to be absolutely top of the line.

It looks like that the best chances would be to get undetected across the border either with a small vehicle through the northern border to PCC or CAS, or with a small Zodiac from the sea.

I´d suggest the second option. Lets organize a Zodiac, and find a freighter captain that is headed for Acapulco. Bribe him to take us with him and get out at night while we are still in international waters. That way we dont have to worry about any additional border crossings and enter Aztlan quite close to Tenochtitlan already, saving us some traveling within the country.

What do you think?"

a_humble_lich
2012-08-30, 07:27 AM
OK first, let me apologize for being away. My internet have been very intermittent and has been getting worse. They finally came today to fix it so things should be better now.

Extra apologies for those of you who are in a couple games with me and have to ready my excuse several times. :smallbiggrin::smallredface:

James, unfortunately, most of those things are going to require more than just a simple search. Even stuff like the names of tour guides and janitors are not just freely available. Although you can find that they are hiring tour guides...

Also, a quick search confirms what the Lady said Azzie border security is not to be scoffed at. They are basically in a state of cold war with Amazonia, the Yucatan is still unstable, and relations are not good with the PCC or CAS. They seem to be very careful about who and what they let in legally. Of course, it is a big boarder with a lot of wild areas...

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-08-30, 02:44 PM
"Hmmmm...not a bad idea, Lady. But again, on the subject of gear, in a Zodiac we'll be down to the essentials. We'll need to make contact with someone down there for anything else we might need...like fast get-a-way vehicles for instance, you know, just in case this intel about the Jaguar Guard is legit...

Drake shoots a message to his black market contact.
[Tool, got any friends in, or intel on ,the markets down in Aztlan, omae?]

a_humble_lich
2012-09-03, 05:54 AM
After a moment, Drake gets a message back from Tool. <Do I even know why you are asking about Aztlan omae? I don't need to say that that isn't exactly a vacation spot man. But I do know a guy in Veracruz who has been able to get me good surplus from the troubles in the Yucatan. His stuff is often well used, but you know how it is, military hardware always sells./Tool>

lonewolf1210
2012-09-09, 06:07 PM
With noone opposing her plan, The Lady takes it that it is accepted.

"Excellent.
James, you go and organize those fake IDs, Linguasofts and find a suitable freighter. Drake you get that Zodiac and everything else we need until we´re in Atzlan like food ammunition and stuff. Legs, you go talk to the captain of that freighter once James gets you the name and convince him to let us on board. If you have problems, I can help you, but I guess if we promise to leave bord in international waters he isnt really taking any big risk. Im gonna bind myself a spirit we might need and shop for a few new bikinis.
Lets get to work and keep each other up to date. But Im gonna need at least until tomorrow evening."

She smiles and turns to leave. She shoots a quick glance at Legs, but then continues on.
He can wait. Im gonna look for easier targets for now.

She takes a cab home, takes a long shower and prepares for a visit at one of her usual clubs, where she looks out for a suitable target to seduce.
con check to seduce:
[roll0]

lonewolf1210
2012-09-10, 06:23 AM
3 hours later, The Lady leaves the lucky guys apartment and makes her way home again, this time to stay. She keeps her commlink on silent to make sure that noone interrupts her beauty sleep and slowly gets out of bed around 10:30, checks her messages and then starts to bind a mighty air spirit to her will.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-09-10, 02:31 PM
Drake finishes his beer, and sighs heavily as he stands. "Well...until tomorrow then." As he walks out the door, he sends Tool another message.

<<Thanks. And, no, you really don't want to ask. But, I'm gonna need a Zodiac, and some other gear. I'll get back to you with a full manifest tomorrow. Cool?>>

a_humble_lich
2012-09-11, 06:18 AM
<<Just let me know what you need and I'll see what I can arrange. A zodiac at least should be easy./Tool>>

TheMightyQuinn
2012-09-11, 12:02 PM
James

*Rolling his eyes, James shakes his head and starts pulling open AR windows as he walks out of the door.*
Bikinis? Not that he wouldn't mind seeing her in one, but did she have no idea what kind of a crapshoot this was going to be?

*Swinging onto his pathfinder, he flicks the powerful bike to life with a mental twitch, and sets it to autopilot across the gridguide system as he fills his vision with AR windows, stuffing his head into his helmet just to be safe. Couldn't hurt.*
Did she think this was going to be a vacation? 'Hey, what's the skinny, bloodies? Oh, here, we're going to break into your INSANELY high security facility, break out a prisoner, then hang out on the beach for a while to get a good tan. That okay? Nova. Thanks guys.'

*Reaching one hand up to massage his already throbbing head, he dials up one of his contacts in the 14Ks and waits for the man to answer. When he finally picks up, James smiles.*
"Leih hou, Zhou - I hope I am not interrupting anything. I find myself in need of your incredible skills. Ready for some clinic-level crazy? I need forged SINs and comms to get into Azzie territory."
*He pauses a minute to let the man curse profusely before chuckling and continueing.*
"I know, omae, but works work. I'm gonna need some Nova-hot work. I'd rather not get caught and dissected, know what I mean? If you know anyone with some silky-smooth linguasofts, I'd pay top notch for them too. What do you say, up for a challenge?"

OOC:

**Leih Hou - rough translation - how are you?

I figure I've got the 14k, and they've got waay better access to fogerey than I could manage myself. With a loyalty of 5 and connections of 6, if -anyone- can hook us up with some quality identification, it's them.

lonewolf1210
2012-09-11, 06:59 PM
standing in her medicine lodge, The Lady reaches out into the Metaplanes and weaves the mana into a pattern strong enough to bind a mighty air elemental to her will. A couple of hours pass and aside from a wierd small flash of a vision of some kind of alternate reality where she sees herself falling down fatally at a similar ritual, everything turns out perfectly. A troll sized vaguely humanoid shaped cloud of whirling air appears in her living room.
Knowing that beeing nice to spirits even if they are under your control is the safer way to go, The Lady greets the spirit friendly:
"Thank you for hearing my summons great one. I am calling on you because I will need your help in a fight against the twisted Bloodmages of Atzlan and their allies, which you surely agree is a worthy cause.
But for now I can let you go. I will call on you again when your powers are needed."

She sends the spirit to standby and breathes deeply at her success. Suprised that she is not even a little bit exhausted, she decides to spend a few more hours relaxing anyway before checking in with the rest of the team how things went on their end. She books a massage and a facial and while she is there she also does a good deal of clothes-shopping via VR simultaneously, although she knows that 80% of the stuff she buys will not be taken to Atzlan. But once you start its hard to stop...

At about 9pm that evening she finally checks her commlink if there are any messages and checks in with the rest of the group.
<Everyone done with his tasks? I would be ready to go.>

a_humble_lich
2012-09-13, 06:40 AM
I could have sworn I had already posted this reply, but it looks like I just thought about posting it. :smallredface:

As James talks he can hear on the other end of the phone the sound of somebody eating soup. Then the sound of the soup spoon splashing in the bowl as Zhou hear what he needs.

"The Azzie? Really? Ya sure you don't want to try something easy, like killing Lofwyr? Damn. In all seriousness, it will be hard. We don't do much business down there. They make it hard for foreign groups to operate. But SINs should be doable how many do you need? And as for Linguasofts, I'd be happy to take your money, but honestly I couldn't get anything better than what you could order from the Evo-Glossia Catalogue. But if you want to forward the order through our 'distributors' we can do that for our normal fee."

TheMightyQuinn
2012-09-14, 12:28 PM
James

*with a mental chuckle, James shrugs and spreads his hands*
"What can I say? A guys got to stay original. I figure someone has already greased one of the great wiz-worms, so I'd better do something original. I'm gonna need four sets of ID, and yeah, I'll take the linguas from you. I'd rather you have my hard earned cred than those slots at Evo-Glossia. Don't get me started on them."

*On a related note, you don't happen to know anyone with connection in the frieght business do you? I'm thinking I'd rather not try to run the border in a coyotes T-bird. Too risky. Looking for a sea freighter to get to the coast in."

a_humble_lich
2012-09-16, 06:15 AM
"Freight you say? Now if you were wanting to get to Shanghai or Hong Kong I'd say no problem, but I don't know many people who do business down there. But I do know somebody who could help you, although you might not want to deal with him. I'll forward you the number of one Carlos the Jaguar who I know has shipping operations in that direction. Just be careful, he has high connections with the Ghost Cartels."

You get a message with a commlink number.

Destrude
2012-09-17, 01:23 AM
Finally, Legs springs into action! LOL, been a bit dry in the creative juices department, but damn glad to be back in play again. :smallbiggrin:

Heading out from the group meeting, Legs is riding high on the prospect of such an interesting job. Well, that, and the Novacoke. The night is still young, and so the tall and dark elf heads to his favorite strip club for a little winding down. On the way, he fires up a message to Shin Matsumuda, his HTR contact.

Hoy chummer, got an exciting little endeavor going on, and I'm in need of some travel provisions. You still in contact with that ex-Azzie customs guy? There's 100 cred in it for you if he comes through for me. And sorry about that little dust-up downtown last week, I would have warned you if I had known in advance. A man's gotta carpe diem, ya know? :smallredface:

a_humble_lich
2012-09-19, 06:33 AM
In a couple hours Legs gets a reply

<After last week, I am surprised to hear from you. Of course I'm a little surprised to hear you're still alive. But I know **** happens. Now by the Azzie customs guy you mean Carlos? Yeah I sill got his number. Not to be curious, it concerns me to hear you talk about travel plans and Azzies in the same sentence. You keep your head down.>

lonewolf1210
2012-10-18, 02:41 PM
As Lady figures out that there is a certain lack of liquid capital in the group, she starts reaching out to her fixer Tabby and asks her to find a suitable contact able to lend them the necessary amount.

If she gets the contact, she tries to organize a meeting as soon as possible.

lonewolf1210
2012-10-20, 09:39 AM
The Lady enters a small cafe in Downtown. From the looks of it you would never have thought it to be a front for the Ciarniello Family, but thats where she was told to go. As she moves towards the backroom, 2 ork-sized men stand in her way to frisk her. She smilingly hands them her Taser and moves on in.
The backroom is apparently usually used for high-stakes poker games, but at the moment only an italian dwarf sits at the table with an elf standing back in the corner. One small glimpse into the astral realm confirms her suspicions that the elf is a mage assigned to make sure that there is no funny business going on during the deal.
It seems they are well informed about me.

The dwarf, who must be Roberto Passantino of the Ciarniello Family, takes his time finishing something on his commlink, obviously primarily to show her who is in control here. The Lady patiently waits to be adressed as is expected of her.
As Roberto is finally done he turns to her:
"Buongiorno!
Please sit down. So I´ve heard you are looking for somone to finance a little operation of yours, hmm? Well, tell me more about it and we´ll see what we can do."

"Of course. Now here is the situation:
......"

She tells him the basics of the job including the information about the bank account.

"So what we need to do this job is capital around 100k nuyen.
How can we make this happen?"

negotiation 5 + Cha 7 + First Impression 2
[roll0]

a_humble_lich
2012-10-23, 06:56 AM
Upon hearing the details of the bank account, the dwarf's interest is suddenly heightened, and you see him quickly sub-vocalize an order into his commlink. After listening to your proposal, you see his attention briefly shift at an incoming message and he says:

"Well, your finances do seem to check out. Now that is quite a significant amount of money. If I didn't know who you were, and your work with the Ares job a couple months ago, I would deny your request out of hand. But no, I trust you, we are good friends and friends help one another. It is in both of our best interest if we stay friends.

I will do this one favor for you now, and perhaps in the future you might help me with something. Besides, I know you will pay the money back, after all you wouldn't want to make your good friend unhappy. I have another meeting to attend to, but I will let my associate here work out the details with you. It was a pleasure to meet you."

As he leaves, he gives you his hand to shake. Then the dwarf sitting at his side in a dark suit, pulls out a briefcase. Inside are many credsticks, of which he chooses two, sets them on the table, and pushes them towards you.

"Here is 100 G's. The amount is to be repaid in full with interest by [he says a day three months from now] "Normally, the interest is 20%, but since you and Mr. Passantino are such good friends are are only to be charged 10% interest. Of course, I don't even need to tell you what would happen were you to fail to pay, because you will pay it back."

lonewolf1210
2012-10-23, 01:37 PM
OOC:
not that it is really important, but I assumed that the dwarf was Roberto Passantino and not a lackey of him.

The Lady nods her head slightly in agreement.
"That sounds perfectly acceptable. And of course I am going to pay you back.
One small question though:
Lets assume this operation gets through as planned and I have access to that bank account, but find myself unable to return to Seattle to deliver the money in person: Would it be possible to wire you the money somewhere? Not only would that make it easier for me to meet the deadline, but you would get your money faster and safer."

After she gets an answer to that question(either way) she stows the credsticks safely in her purse and turns to leave.

She delivers Drake the money he needs to make his purchases and then gets ready to leave.