PDA

View Full Version : [PF/Homebrew] Tome of Battle: Master Pathfinder Update

Novawurmson
2012-08-14, 11:44 AM
I've had an idea for some time of creating a comprehensive Tome of Battle update for Pathifnder - not merely a list of times that it says "Strength check to trip" to replace with a CMB roll and fixing the typos like the Swordsage's x6 skills at level 1, but a real top-to-bottom rewrite to make the system appropriate to Pathfinder. Obviously I'll look to the unofficial errata (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=13292.0) for rule changes, but I want to go beyond that to make something fresh and exciting.

First, what are some design goals I should keep in mind when making this overhaul?

A few of my design goals are to expand the options available to non-initiators, improve the non-combat flexibility of Tome of Battle classes, to vary the fighting styles available to the Initiator classes (ranged combat comes to mind), and to keep the ToB classes as strong, tier 3 combatants. I'd also like to increase the support between initiating and manifesting - two subsystems that I feel have a lot in common.

Second, what are some areas of the Tome of Battle that have the most potential to conflict with Pathfinder material? Which areas have the most potential to benefit from Pathfinder?

I think the ToB was made with a higher damage ceiling in mind than PF; while I don't want to bring the nerfbat down hard on initiator damage, I think it should be balanced in light of the fact that Leap Attack/Shock Trooper Spirit Lion Totem Barbarians are not the the norm in a PF game. Diamond Mind is heavily focused on Concentration, a very different concept in PF.

On the other hand, I feel like Archetypes and the simplified CMB/CMD system have a lot to give to ToB, as well as new class features for all three classes.

TL;DR: What do you want out of PF ToB?

ThiagoMartell
2012-08-14, 12:19 PM
I really don't think ToB classes need more class features.

Snowbluff
2012-08-14, 12:37 PM
Yeah, just change things for CMB and Skill differences. Everything else is fine. Also, don't fix the SS x6 skill thing. It's cool.

EDIT: Wait... like Psionic Manifesting Manifesting? What does that have to do with ToB?

Psyren
2012-08-14, 01:35 PM
EDIT: Wait... like Psionic Manifesting Manifesting? What does that have to do with ToB?

At the moment - next to nothing, which is (I imagine) the reason he wants to strengthen that link. Certainly they mesh much better fluff-wise than ToB/arcane and ToB/divine, at least to me.

@ OP: Apart from some minor fixes (Swordsage's recovery mechanic is awful for instance), I agree - the CMB/CMD changes are almost all ToB classes really need.

deuxhero
2012-08-14, 05:12 PM
It also needs disipline skills redone.

Novawurmson
2012-08-14, 05:34 PM
Hrm. Was not expecting such a stolid response.

I guess what I might do is make up a list of 3.5->PF updates and go from there instead of trying to overhaul the whole system if there's not that much desire for a big patch.

eggs
2012-08-14, 05:45 PM
What would be interesting is using the archetype mechanic to graft ToB mechanics onto the existing classes.

(The normal multiclassing-friendliness of ToB is going to suffer from PF's single-class reward mechanics; throwing the Barbarian or Cavalier a piece of the ToB action could offer some pretty deep and rewarding design opportunities.)

Novawurmson
2012-08-14, 05:54 PM
What would be interesting is using the archetype mechanic to graft ToB mechanics onto the existing classes.

(The normal multiclassing-friendliness of ToB is going to suffer from PF's single-class reward mechanics; throwing the Barbarian or Cavalier a piece of the ToB action could offer some pretty deep and rewarding design opportunities.)

Hey, now there's an idea. I was thinking of doing archetypes for the ToB classes, but it's really the PF classes that could use some freshening up from initiator mechanics.

Hrm...maybe an archetype for the Rogue/Ninja...of course Monk (through Qinggong archetype? Disregard worthless class features, acquire maneuvers), Paladin, Bard, Fighter, Inquisitor, Ranger, and Soulknife.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-08-14, 05:59 PM
Barbarian maybe could select a maneuver from say Tiger Claw, Iron Heart and Stone dragon instead of rage powers.

grarrrg
2012-08-14, 06:02 PM
Hrm...maybe an archetype for the Rogue/Ninja...of course Monk (through Qinggong archetype? Disregard worthless class features, acquire maneuvers), Paladin, Bard, Fighter, Inquisitor, Ranger, and Soulknife.

Barbarian, Cavalier, Magus, and the Summoner's Eidolon (but not the Summoner itself).

Paladin and Ranger could possibly trade away spells and some other features.

Fighters could maybe trade their Weapon Training, or possibly just lose every other bonus feat.

Bard/Inquisitor/Magus could have reduced spellcasting. Bard or Inquisitor could maybe lose casting altogether. Magus is too tied into its spell use though.

For the Eidolon, maybe like 2 Evo points per Maneuver? 3 Evo per stance?

Barbarian maybe could select a maneuver ... instead of rage powers.

I like that idea.

navar100
2012-08-14, 06:06 PM
I really don't think ToB classes need more class features.

Crusader could use a better capstone than 30/Steely Resolve.

Novawurmson
2012-08-14, 06:13 PM
It'd be nice to have a Barbarian with a maneuver/stance progression, but just for switching Rage Powers for Maneuvers, all you'd need is a new rage power.

Furious Maneuver

Select any maneuver from the Tiger Claw, Iron Heart and Stone Dragon discipline for which you meet the prerequisite. While raging, you can use this maneuver once per encounter as a martial adept with an initiator level equal to 1/2 your character level.

If you later gain levels in a martial adept class (crusader, swordsage, or warblade), you use the recovery method for maneuvers learned a a result of those class levels, but your previous maneuvers (gained through this rage power, a feat, or through prestige class levels) do not gain a recovery method.

A maneuver learned through this rage power cannot be exchanged for a different maneuver if you are an initiator. Once you choose a maneuver with this rage power, you cannot change it.

You can take this rage power multiple times; each time, pick a different maneuver from the Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, or Iron Heart disciplines that you qualify for.

SSGoW
2012-08-14, 06:31 PM
Barbarian maybe could select a maneuver from say Tiger Claw, Iron Heart and Stone dragon instead of rage powers.

I'm all for ToBPF (and MoIPF) but just ripping out the PF and giving manuevers at just those levels will be horrid.

Really all that is needed is three tables for mauvers known, readied, and stances. Give each martial class this table.. You know like casters (who now have class features too) spells/day, spell known, and domains.

The added manuevers won't step on the power of casters but give all the other some more stuff to play with.

For classes like paladin (martial part casters) let them have both limited spells and a full manuver set.

Won't hurt anything since you know... Pathfinder didn't do much to change the casters powers.

ThiagoMartell
2012-08-14, 06:54 PM
I'm all for ToBPF (and MoIPF) but just ripping out the PF and giving manuevers at just those levels will be horrid.

Really all that is needed is three tables for mauvers known, readied, and stances. Give each martial class this table.. You know like casters (who now have class features too) spells/day, spell known, and domains.

The added manuevers won't step on the power of casters but give all the other some more stuff to play with.

For classes like paladin (martial part casters) let them have both limited spells and a full manuver set.

Won't hurt anything since you know... Pathfinder didn't do much to change the casters powers.
But that would be inducing massive houserules and only people who agree with you would appreciate that solution.
I'd much rather use the current Pathfinder structure to allow other classes to have some initiator capability while still keeping the ToB classes as the masters of initiating, such as so many others have mentioned before in this thread. It meshed better with Pathfinder, it meshed better with ToB and more people will be interested in using it.

Coidzor
2012-08-14, 07:00 PM
Stances would probably need to be updated to account for things like CMD and CMB, might be some new maneuvers that would need to be made, but I can't think of anything offhand that would actually demand that rather than updating existing maneuvers to how PF models some things.

I imagine there's some kind of link-up with Performance Combat and other little sub-subsystems that needs to be done.

Potentially expanded abilitities for non-initiating classes to get more access to the subsystem, sort of like how Amateur Gunslinger feat gives access to the Grit subsystem and Rogue Talents allow for some minor SLAs or Spellcasting.

Novawurmson
2012-08-14, 07:44 PM
Eh...performance combat is a cool idea but poorly implemented, imo. I'd rather link in with the Called Shots subsystem.

navar100
2012-08-14, 08:02 PM
Obviously Diamond Mind needs a new associated skill. I favor Sense Motive, but Knowledge Martial Lore or even Perception can work.

Crusader's Smite should work like Paladin's Smite.

I like a Barbarian rage power can be to take a maneuver from Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, or Tiger Claw. Likewise, a Rogue talent can be take a maneuver from Shadow Hand, Tiger Claw, or Desert Wind.

Archetypes are good for trading class features for maneuvers. Paladins can swap out spellcasting for Devoted Spirit or White Raven maneuvers. Clerics could swap out both Domains for two Maneuver Disciplines, get one maneuver of both schools of each corresponding level, and can only ready one for each level. Oracles of Battle Mystery could spend a Revelation on knowing a maneuver to use once per encounter. Maybe other Mysteries as well depending on the Mystery and particular maneuver.

Fighters can spend their bonus feats on maneuvers. Only for bonus feats do their fighter level equal initiator level. For regular character feats they would be half level like everyone else.

genderlich
2012-08-14, 09:22 PM
Obviously Diamond Mind needs a new associated skill. I favor Sense Motive, but Knowledge Martial Lore or even Perception can work.

Crusader's Smite should work like Paladin's Smite.

I like a Barbarian rage power can be to take a maneuver from Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, or Tiger Claw. Likewise, a Rogue talent can be take a maneuver from Shadow Hand, Tiger Claw, or Desert Wind.

Archetypes are good for trading class features for maneuvers. Paladins can swap out spellcasting for Devoted Spirit or White Raven maneuvers. Clerics could swap out both Domains for two Maneuver Disciplines, get one maneuver of both schools of each corresponding level, and can only ready one for each level. Oracles of Battle Mystery could spend a Revelation on knowing a maneuver to use once per encounter. Maybe other Mysteries as well depending on the Mystery and particular maneuver.

Fighters can spend their bonus feats on maneuvers. Only for bonus feats do their fighter level equal initiator level. For regular character feats they would be half level like everyone else.

Good stuff. That last part seems kind of unnecessary with Martial Study as a fighter bonus feat, though.

And I don't really like Clerics just getting disciplines instead of domains - maybe have new subdomains that give you maneuvers from specific disciplines as their domain powers, or even instead of domain spells depending on how extreme you want to take it.

In fact, that's growing on me. Just tossing out ideas here, but maybe each discipline could have an associated domain: War with White Raven, Strength with Iron Heart, Earth with Stone Dragon, Fire with Desert Wind, the alignment domains with Devoted Spirit, Animal with Tiger Claw, Knowledge with Diamond Mind, Trickery or Darkness with Shadow Hand, and maybe Sun or Repose with Setting Sun (that one's hard).

Mari01
2012-08-14, 09:34 PM
Good stuff. That last part seems kind of unnecessary with Martial Study as a fighter bonus feat, though.

And I don't really like Clerics just getting disciplines instead of domains - maybe have new subdomains that give you maneuvers from specific disciplines as their domain powers, or even instead of domain spells depending on how extreme you want to take it.

In fact, that's growing on me. Just tossing out ideas here, but maybe each discipline could have an associated domain: War with White Raven, Strength with Iron Heart, Earth with Stone Dragon, Fire with Desert Wind, the alignment domains with Devoted Spirit, Animal with Tiger Claw, Knowledge with Diamond Mind, Trickery or Darkness with Shadow Hand, and maybe Sun or Repose with Setting Sun (that one's hard).

If anything, Trickery more accurately represents Setting Sun to me. Turning you enemies weakness against them sounds very much like a trickster/pranksters game. Of course they view it differently.

Novawurmson
2012-08-14, 10:15 PM
Ok, here's how I'm planning this out right now:

I'll have a section that's just an X>Y, listen-and-spot-are-now-Perception section that merely lists the most mundane but vital differences for updating ToB to Pathfinder. No balancing, no tinkering, just the classes how they're written.

I'll have a separate section on suggested homebrew fixes, updates, balancing, and the like for those who want a deeper conversion and suggested methods of implementation and integration.

Sound good?

grarrrg
2012-08-14, 10:18 PM

No necessarily.
Martial Study can only be taken 3 times at most.
If a Fighter had the option to swap feats for maneuvers he would not be limited to just 3 times.

Also, maybe give Fighter a Recovery option of some type? Or at least access to recovery?
It wouldn't have to be 'good', it could just be the Swordsage method.

Novawurmson
2012-08-14, 10:34 PM
No necessarily.
Martial Study can only be taken 3 times at most.
If a Fighter had the option to swap feats for maneuvers he would not be limited to just 3 times.

Also, maybe give Fighter a Recovery option of some type? Or at least access to recovery?
It wouldn't have to be 'good', it could just be the Swordsage method.

Sounds good for a Fighter Archetype - gets the ability to pick up a maneuver instead of a bonus feat, maybe a limited stance progression, gains some kind of recovery method. Maybe just a move action instead of a full-round action? Something to think about.

Coidzor
2012-08-14, 10:41 PM
Eh...performance combat is a cool idea but poorly implemented, imo. I'd rather link in with the Called Shots subsystem.

More an example of their random stuff to consider, really.

Novawurmson
2012-08-15, 01:55 PM
Well, here's the roughest of rough drafts (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s7GQLBeyEP1FitOMikP_Kh8oRmKnzG_AKvaOPqjHqWk/edit) of what I'm going for. Gone through a little over half the book, mostly just jotting down the PF conversions without much more than a few silly comments. Biggest surprise so far: The Warblade has a ridiculous number of dead levels in PF (most of the dead levels for Crusaders and Swordsages fall on odd levels when a PF character will gain a feat at least).

Hunter Noventa
2012-08-15, 01:56 PM
I've been playing a Swordsage in pathfinder for a long while now with very few problems. We added in a ToB-specific concentration skill, rather than linking Diamond Mind to another skill (the character is also a Soulknife on the other side of its Gestalt goodness)

We've had a couple flaky moments with Acrobatics and Stealth basically being half the School skills, but at the same time it still works because only a handful of maneuvers actually USE the associated skills.

Unfortunately, as far as damage output goes, i can't really help you as it's a high power gestalt game with custom prestige classes and new level 9 maneuvers. When my character can effectively do this, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX469Ftb-m4) both the dozens of rocket fists and the giant golden fist, thanks to homebrew, that ceases to be relevant.

grarrrg
2012-08-15, 03:51 PM
What about Favored Class leveling bonuses? What would be appropriate? Useful?

Going by what PF is doing already, each of the Main 7 races should have options for each of the 3 ToB Base Classes.
Most the abilities will be duplicated here and there, but a few should be more Unique.

Possible options:
General:
+1/6 of a new Maneuver
+1/6 of a new Stance
+1/2 bonus to Two skills
+1/3 on Crit Confirm rolls when [doing Class-Specific thing] (Max 5)
+1 CMD vs. [combat maneuver]

Crusader Specific:
+?? Steely Resolve pool
+1 point of [energy] Resist (max 10)
+1/X Maneuver Granted

Swordsage Specific:
+1/4 to WIS-to-AC bonus
+1/2 Fire damage to Fire-based Desert Wind Maneuvers

Warblade Specific:
+1ft. Movement (only works in multiples of 5)

I don't have a lot of Warblade only ideas, most of the INT-bonuses seem too specific (Battle Clarity), or come too late (Battle Mastery).
Most of the other abilities don't lend themselves to incremental bonuses (Weapon Aptitude)

grarrrg
2012-08-15, 05:14 PM
Possible Initiator Fighter Archetype, I would like input on how to better tweak the numbers/abilities for Balance Acrobatics.

My goals with this Archetype:
Keep both Armor Training and Weapon Training. Too many Fighter Archetypes trade them away (not a Bad thing, just something I find annoying). This Archetype seeks to 'trade away' the Feats instead.

This Archetype will primarily focus on 1 Discipline (chosen out of 4 possible), and will have 'full progression' for that Discipline (Fighter level = Initiator level for ONE chosen Discipline).

Its Maneuvers Known/Readied is comparable to that of a Warblade.

Martial Training:
At level 1 choose one Discipline from between Stone Dragon, or Tiger Claw. Your Initiator level for the chosen Discipline is equal to your Fighter level.

You gain Martial Study as a Bonus feat, anytime you take Martial Study it MUST be used to select a Maneuver from one of your Chosen Disciplines.

You may take the Martial Study feat a number of times equal to 3+1/2 your Fighter level.

When Martial Study is taken as a (normal) Fighter Bonus feat, it can only be retrained if it would not disrupt the pre-reqs for other Martial Study Maneuvers taken.

This replaces the 1st level Bonus feat, Heavy Armor Prof, and Tower Shield Prof.

Martial Training 2:
As a Move Action you can Recover up to 2 Maneuvers, including any/all Maneuvers previously learned through the Martial Study feat.
(note: level 1 has NO recovery Mechanic, meaning it defaults to the "1 per encounter" ruling in the Martial Study feat)

You may Ready a number of Maneuvers equal to 1/2 the number of times you have taken Martial Study plus 1 (a Fighter who has taken Martial Study once can ready his 1 maneuver, Martial Studyx2 readies 2, Martial Studyx3 readies 2, etc...).

This replaces the 2nd level Bonus feat, and Bravery

Weapon Training
Instead of choosing from the standard Fighter Weapon Groups, you can also choose from among your chosen Disciplines, gaining the bonus on the associated weapons of that Discipline.
This ability otherwise functions the same as normal Weapon Training

Martial Training 3 & 4
At 8th level you chose another Discipline, this can be the one you didn't pick at 1st level, Diamond Mind, or Iron Heart.
Your initiator for this Discipline is equal to your Fighter level minus 4.
You gain Martial Study as a Bonus Feat, the Maneuver selected must be from the Discipline you just chose.

You may choose another Discipline from the remaining 2 available (and get Martial Study Feat > Maneuver) at level 14. Your Initiator level for this Discipline is Fighter level minus 7

This replaces the 8th and 14th level Bonus Feats.

Thoughts?

Coidzor
2012-08-15, 05:20 PM
A Fighter cannot 'retrain' Bonus Feats used to take Martial Study/Stance.

This part seems unnecessary, why specify that?

Novawurmson
2012-08-15, 05:21 PM
Possible Initiator Fighter Archetype, I would like input on how to better tweak the numbers/abilities for Balance.

Replace Balance with Acrobatics.

Just kidding, I'll have some real analysis up later XD

grarrrg
2012-08-15, 05:29 PM
This part seems unnecessary, why specify that?

A Fighter can normally swap out 1 of his Fighter Bonus feats every 4 levels.
(PFSRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter))

Upon reaching 4th level, and every four levels thereafter (8th, 12th, and so on), a fighter can choose to learn a new bonus feat in place of a bonus feat he has already learned. In effect, the fighter loses the bonus feat in exchange for the new one. The old feat cannot be one that was used as a prerequisite for another feat, prestige class, or other ability. A fighter can only change one feat at any given level and must choose whether or not to swap the feat at the time he gains a new bonus feat for the level.

The wording is to prevent taking a Low level maneuver to qualify for a High level maneuver, and then swapping out the Feat used to take the Low level one.

Coidzor
2012-08-15, 10:54 PM
The wording is to prevent taking a Low level maneuver to qualify for a High level maneuver, and then swapping out the Feat used to take the Low level one.
Interesting, didn't know that PF followed that kind of order of operations.

I would have thought the maneuver pre-requisites themselves would have already adequately covered this. Actually, don't the ToB classes have it built in that they're allowed to discard lower level maneuvers and take higher level ones as long as they don't end up making a move that would leave them with too few maneuvers of a relevant discipline to qualify to have one of their other taken maneuvers?

grarrrg
2012-08-16, 05:28 PM
Paladin Initiator Archetype, main goal is to do straight replacement of Smite Evil (and related abilities).
This is also my take on how a Spontaneous Initiator could work (was going to go the Crusader route, but that doesn't work with few Maneuvers known). I would like some suggestions on how to clean up and order the wording.

Spontaneous Spirit
At level 1 a Paladin learns 1 Maneuver from the Devoted Spirit Discipline (and Discipline skills, etc...). He counts his Paladin level as his Initiator level for Devoted Spirit.
Every 3 levels after 1 (4, 7, 10, etc...) he may learn another Maneuver, or a Stance, from Devoted Spirit.
A Paladin does not have to Ready his Maneuvers as most Initiators do. Instead he is granted a limited number of Maneuver Uses per Encounter, and he can spend these uses on any Devoted Spirit Maneuver that he knows (through Paladin levels, or the Martial Study feat). A Paladin can NOT use the same Maneuver 2 turns in a row.
At level 1 a Paladin gets 1 Maneuver per Encounter, this increases by 1 use every 3 levels, to a max of 7/Encounter at level 19.

As a Full Round action you can regain the use of 1 Maneuver (similar to a Swordsage).

This replaces Smite Evil, and the Paladin's level 3 Mercy

Devoted Bond
A Paladin must form a Divine Bond with his Weapon. This ability otherwise functions the same as Divine Bond.

This ability changes the Divine Bond ability.

Quick Recovery
At level 11 a Paladin can recover 2 Maneuver uses with a Full-Round action.

This ability replaces Aura of Justice

Devoted Champion
This ability functions the same as Holy Champion, except that the Banishment effect is only triggered on the use of an 8th or 9th level Devoted Spirit Maneuver. An opponent may only be targeted by this Banishment effect once per day.

This ability changes the Holy Champion ability.

Novawurmson
2012-08-16, 07:36 PM
Hrm. What do you think is the best way to handle class skills from prestige classes due to the changes to the skill system in the way class skills work?

ThiagoMartell
2012-08-16, 07:49 PM
Hrm. What do you think is the best way to handle class skills from prestige classes due to the changes to the skill system in the way class skills work?

Do what Paizo suggests and does. Use a small list.

Novawurmson
2012-08-16, 10:05 PM
Do what Paizo suggests and does. Use a small list.

Do you have a page number or a link to a discussion of the topic? PF Dragon Disciple (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/dragon-disciple) and 3.5 Dragon Disciple (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/dragonDisciple.htm) have pretty much exactly the same skills, as an example of my confusion; I had also assumed that prestige classes were to give a very limited number of class skills.

Serafina
2012-08-17, 02:54 AM
Well, getting class-skills due to a prestige class is often redundant, since you'll already have them as class-skills due to your previous classes you used for entry anyway.

Let's say you want to make a Rogue-ish PrC centered around breaking&entering (trapfinding, but with some magic).
If entry is supposed to be via Rogue, you don't need to give Disable Device etc. as a class skill - you already have it.
But if you could enter via, say, Fighter or Ranger, then you should - because otherwise the class can't do it's job.

Generally - stay on the safe side and give a PrC all skills it should logically have, redundant class skills dont harm anyone.

Novawurmson
2012-08-17, 08:03 AM
A few more comparison points:

PF Loremaster (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/loremaster) vs. 3.5 Loremaster (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/loremaster.htm)

PF Assassin (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/assassin) vs. 3.5 Assassin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/assassin.htm)

PF Shadowdancer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/shadowdancer) vs. 3.5 Shadowdancer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/shadowdancer.htm)

As far as I can tell, these classes generally don't actually lose more than 2-3 skills (usually Craft and Profession - probably because they're already class skills for virtually all PF classes); their skill lists are just consolidated. For instance, the Shadowdancer's list looks shorter... but her Jump, Balance, and Tumble are getting rolled up into Acrobatics, Listen, Search, and Spot are getting folded into Perception, Hide and Move Silently are now stealth, etc. I think the only thing it completely loses is Decipher Script, as it doesn't get Linguistics.

So overall, I think prestige classes actually get the same effective level of class skills, even if the total skill list is shorter.

grarrrg
2012-08-18, 11:02 AM
Generally - stay on the safe side and give a PrC all skills it should logically have, redundant class skills dont harm anyone.

Agreed.

Barbarian Initiator Goal: Similar to the goal with Fighter, make an archetype that replaces a not commonly replaced feature (in this case Rage).

Focused Fury

At level 1 a Barbarian chooses a Discipline from among Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, and Tiger Claw. His Initiator level for this Discipline is equal to his Barbarian level.
He gains 1 Maneuver known from his chosen Discipline.
He can use any Maneuver he knows by spending a number of Fury points equal to the level of the Maneuver.
He gains a Fury Pool equal to 4+CON-mod, and gains an additional +2 Fury every additional level.
The Fury Pool can be replenished with 8 hours of rest.

This ability replaces Rage

Controlled Fury (a.k.a. Anger Management)
At 2nd level, and every 2 levels thereafter, a Barbarian learns his choice of a new Maneuver or Stance from his chosen Discipline(s).

At 4th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, a Barbarian can retrain a Maneuver of his choice (he must still meet all Maneuver Pre-reqs, etc...).

This aiblity replaces Rage Powers

Heightened Fury
At 5th level, and every 5 levels thereafter, reduce the Fury cost of using Maneuvers by 1 (minimum 1).

At 10th level, a Barbarian can choose a 2nd Discipline (from among those available at 1st level), his Initiator level for this Discipline is equal to his Barbarian level minus 5.

This ability replaces Greater Rage, Tireless Rage, and Mighty Rage

Bonus Round!
Alternate Racial Traits:
Fetchling:
Creature of Shadow: When you take the 1st level of an Initiator Class/Archetype, you may replace any one of the allowed Disciplines with the Shadow Hand Discipline. You receive a -2 penalty to your effective Initiator level (min. 1) for learning/using Shadow Hand Maneuvers and Stances.
If the class already has Shadow Hand, your Shadow Hand Save DC's gain +1, your Shadow Jaunt range increases to 60ft. and your speeds from your Dance of the Spider and Step of the Dancing Moth stances increase to 30ft.
This racial trait replaces the Spell-Like Abilities racial trait.

Ifrit:
Creature of Fire: When you take the 1st level of an Initiator Class/Archetype, you may replace any one of the allowed Disciplines with the Desert Wind Discipline. You receive a -2 penalty to your effective Initiator level (min. 1) for learning/using Desert Wind Maneuvers and Stances.
If the class already has Desert Wind, you instead gain +1 Fire damage per die on all Fire-related Maneuvers and Stances, and +1 to any Save DC's
This racial trait replaces the Spell-Like Ability, and Fire Affinity racial traits.

Oread
Creature of Earth: When you take the 1st level of an Initiator Class/Archetype, you may replace any one of the allowed Disciplines with the Stone Dragon Discipline. You receive a -2 penalty to your effective Initiator level (min. 1) for learning/using Stone Dragon Maneuvers and Stances.
If the class already has Stone Dragon, your Stone Dragon Maneuvers gain +1 to their Save DC's, and anytime you use a 'Bones' strike to gain DR, the duration is 2 rounds instead of 1.
This racial trait replaces the Spell-Like Ability, and Earth Affinity racial traits.