PDA

View Full Version : [EP] Firewall

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-14, 01:24 PM
As you all walk into the meeting room on Titan you see Professor Ming turn to look at you as he begins Debriefing you.

Firewall needs you to find a missing agent, Tara Yu. To the best of our knowledge, Yu was most recently investigating the current whereabouts of military computer hardware recovered from a station in Earth orbit that was destroyed during the Fall, in the Battle of L4.
Yu has been missing for over a month now. Long silences are not unusual during some of her undercover research missions, but she missed her last scheduled check-in. Last we knew, she was on Locus. We need you to track her down, ascertain her status if alive, recover her cortical stack if dead, and if necessary continue or assist her search for the missing hardware.

More than likely in order to get some of the missing hardware, you'll have to either do it Physically or by Egocasting... I won’t cover costs for egocasting or supplying morphs if I believe you are on a wild goose chase. I want to review the leads and evidence you've gathered and discuss your reasons for egocasting beforehand.

you can take this moment now to ask questions you might have or find out more info on your group by talking with them.

ForzaFiori
2012-08-15, 07:01 PM
"So we gotta find a girl, and all you can tell us is she 'was on Locus'? Not what she was doing there, other than the vague 'looking for military hardware', or any information about her, other than her name." Alex laughs derisively. "Then you get together a group who, to the best of my knowledge, don't know each other. These people could be random bums off the street, or anarchists from neptune, or jovian agents. Hell, they could be AGI and I wouldn't know. And you want me to put my body on the line and trust them?"

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-15, 07:09 PM
You have each been chosen because of your unique abilities, Alex. I however am not at liberty to share much more Information right now. You might want to start searching for Information on Yu's disappearance via the Mesh.

Iron Victory
2012-08-15, 09:12 PM
Lucian sits relaxed but perfectly still and attentive in his chair. He cracks the smallest of smiles at Alex's outburst. "Welcome to Firewall kid." he states, matter-of-factly. Turning to Professer Ming, "Two questions. First, you said Yu was undercover, was she using an alias? Second, what means of transportation have you arranged for us to Locus?"

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-15, 09:50 PM
Yu went only by her first name, it was Tara. as for travel, you will be egocasting yourselves to similar Morphs like the one you are in now over on Locus.

ForzaFiori
2012-08-15, 09:58 PM
Clio, start looking up this Yu woman on the mesh. See if you can't figure out someplace on Locus that we can know she's been to, or an idea on what she would be looking for - any specialties she has with regards to military tech and stuff like that. Michael thinks to his muse.

Clio has a 30 research. Not sure if there are any modifiers or not, but here's a roll: [roll0] (100=0)

Iron Victory
2012-08-15, 10:08 PM
Well, thought Lucian. He was already a dead man, egocasting would change nothing. Muse, look up any relevant information on this Tara Yu woman. Forward all found data to me. I want to know what she's been up to.
My muse, (pre-programmed to respond to Argus, but could you imagine calling computer programs by names) Research: 30 [roll0]
Ouch Forza, critical fail. You probably learned something wildly untrue! :smalltongue:

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-15, 10:44 PM
well, lets start off with the Severe Failure... After about 10 Minutes your hand starts wildly tapping on the table then moving around above your head wildly... you have gotten Malware, now roll an opposed Roll at a -10 due to the flailing of your arm...

you need to beat a 92 (or in this case, 82)

greenpotato
2012-08-15, 10:45 PM
"Well, this is my kind of job" the tall pale woman says "You guys can call me Amy, now lets see if I can't rustle up some info.."

Searching for info on Tara Yun: Reserch 80 [roll0]

Space Lawyer
2012-08-15, 11:33 PM
The tall hairless man in the spotless lab coat steps forward. I highly doubt your organization will be able to acquire a suitable morph for myself. Unless I have proof that you have done so, I'm afraid I simply cannot continue. I refuse to be sleeved into something little better than a grunting (non-uplifted) primate, as a few of these others seem content to do.

"Galen" actually doesn't mean this as an insult. He truly believes that anything short of a remade or a purpose-built exotic morph is just a waste of time (and rather disgusting). To him, its the same as saying somebody's beat-up, 30+ year old, poorly maintained car is ugly. The person might have a nostalgic sentiment for the car, but could rationally admit the inferiority of the vehicle to a modern one, and admit that it is ugly.

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-15, 11:50 PM
IV, your character finds a List of Yu's associates.

GP, your character finds Yu's recent travels. In the past several months, Yu has sent several forks to the Vishnukam station in Earth orbit, to interview people and research the missing Myrmidon hardware. Slightly over a month ago, she egocast to Locus.

ForzaFiori
2012-08-16, 10:00 AM
Infosec check: [roll0]

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-16, 11:39 AM
that just fails... the malware is now controlling your other arm as well... you can try again and hope to roll against a 72 otherwise you can try to ask for help.

ForzaFiori
2012-08-16, 12:18 PM
I. can. do. this.

[roll0]

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-16, 01:23 PM
finally after 20 Minutes of trying to combat this, you succeed in destroying the malware without destroying yourself.

Iron Victory
2012-08-16, 01:50 PM
"What the hell are you doing, Alex?" asks Lucian from his chair. He makes no move to help the flailing man. Keeping Alex in the corner of his eye, "When do we depart, Professor Ming?"

ForzaFiori
2012-08-16, 02:03 PM
"Nothing, nothing. Muse went to a bad site on the mesh. If I wouldn't have to train a new one I'd replace her." Alex says sheepishly. "Way to embarrass me on the first day of the job Clio." he thinks with fake anger to his muse.

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-16, 02:16 PM
Have you found a good reliable lead yet?

TekHed
2012-08-17, 12:32 AM
"Damn, you're cold even for a proxy. Can't you see our man here is having seizures?"

The firewall agent known as Xeus to the others picked himself off from where he had been leaning against a wall.

"Let me give you a hand with that, chummer." he said, approaching the twitching morph. His alpha fork connecting through the mesh, Xeus analyzed the situation, seeking to render aid to his embattled teammate. Meanwhile his primary consciousness continued speaking.

"Locus, eh? That place is always a riot. Good times. Let me see what I can pull up on our missing friend..."

Infosec 90 skill to aid Alex in getting the malware hosed faster. [roll1d100[/roll]

Research 80 skill to research... [roll0]

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-17, 12:37 AM
you come across the same list as IV's character had, but something is different (if you want, you can have each other's Muse do a cross rference on the sheets... estimated time: 5 Minutes)

TekHed
2012-08-18, 01:29 AM
<<Athena: Cross reference both lists looking for any irregularities.>> Xeus gave the command to his muse, currently having taken the form of an owl.

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-18, 01:48 AM
Have the Muse roll Networking at a -10 Modifier.

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-19, 09:04 PM
For Xeus: Yu received big favors from both Mason Wang and Morteza Bey in the past two months.

Anyone going to give Forza's character a list?

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-19, 09:11 PM
updated this

TekHed
2012-08-25, 10:06 PM
"Well it looks like we have our first leads." Xeus said aloud. "A couple of big favors recently. Let's see what we can find about her benefactors..."

Researching those names: [roll0]

Iron Victory
2012-08-25, 10:37 PM
Lucian sits upright in his chair, giving off the feeling that he's mildly bored. "I work best in the field..." he looks over his teammates, "...whenever you're ready, I'm good to go."

Space Lawyer
2012-08-25, 11:44 PM
I do not believe I have anything to contribute at this time. Without more concrete information, my contacts would have little to go on. Should we find more about these people, and the people they know, I may be more useful.

ForzaFiori
2012-08-26, 09:50 AM
"If someone can get me the names, I may be able to find them. Friends in low places, you know?"

Iron Victory
2012-08-26, 12:22 PM
Lucian forwards the list of Yu's associates to Alex.

ForzaFiori
2012-08-26, 03:34 PM
Checking the @ and g rep lists for the contacts:

both networking skills are at 50:
[roll0] - @-rep
[roll1] - g-rep

blackwind1kaze
2012-08-28, 09:57 PM
Tekhed, you get the first part of what Forza found in the Spoiler below

Forza, your character finds this...
Yu received big favors from Mason Wang and Morteza Bey in the past 2 months.

Yu also used her networking connections to track down and talk to someone named Nia Zheng and was investigating the White Khanhks activites in the outer system

ForzaFiori
2012-08-28, 11:06 PM
"I say we should look up Wang and Bey, see what Yu wanted from them."